PDA

View Full Version : Most-Covered Band?

DethMaiden
02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I was just wondering, what band is covered for officially released albums the most often? Out of what I personally have, two bands have three songs covered, and those are the most:

Simon and Garfunkel: Scarborough Fair (Queensryche), The Sound of Silence (Nevermore), Bridge Over Troubled Water (Johnny Cash)

Celtic Frost: Circle of the Tyrants (Obituary, Opeth), Dethroned Emperor (Anthrax)

overkiller
02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Maiden probably, for metal anyway. There's not really any way I can grab a list of all the covers scattered throughout my music...

DethMaiden
02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Maiden probably, for metal anyway. There's not really any way I can grab a list of all the covers scattered throughout my music...

I think the only Maiden cover I own is Opeth's Remember Tomorrow.

sylpriest
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Black Sabbath...hands down. So many covers...it's almost annoying:D

powerslave_85
02-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I have 3 different covers of Minor Threat's "I Don't Wanna Hear It," by 88 Fingers Louie, The Suicide Machines, and Kid Dynamite.

JRA
02-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Dethroned Emperor (Anthrax)

What album was that on?

EvilCheeseWedge
02-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Black Sabbath...hands down. So many covers...it's almost annoying:D
Agreed. Well, about the first part. As for the second part... I'm part of the problem :D

Maiden33
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Overall, I'd say Maiden

But for some reason, my collection has a big abundance of Rainbow covers...

Still I'm Sad (Axel Rudi Pell)
Stargazer (Axel Rudi Pell)
I Surrender (Millenium)
I Surrender (At Vance)
I Surrender (Stratovarius)
Kill the King (Primal Fear)
Stargazer (Mundanus Imperium)
Man on the Silver Mountain (Hammerfall featuring Kai Hansen)
Long Live Rock and Roll (Gamma Ray)
Long Live Rock and Roll (Steel Dragon, from the movie Rock Star)

DethMaiden
02-11-2007, 08:04 AM
What album was that on?

It's a bonus track on the remaster of Stomp 442.

Spiral_Slave
02-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I'd say Maiden.

DethMaiden
02-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I think the thing with Maiden covers is a lot of bands will do them live or do them when they're starting out but they won't put them down on tape. I dunno.

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Sabbath and Maiden I think.

JRA
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
metal-archives said that Slayer was the most covered band in the world.:eyes:

overkiller
02-11-2007, 12:27 PM

:lol: I could see that.

powerslave_85
02-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah right. I'd bet it's either the Beatles or Bob Dylan. I know that the Beatles' "Yesterday" is the most covered pop song ever.

RampinUp46
10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Resurrecting another old thread once again. :lol:

I'm casting my vote for Metallica. The number of high school bands that have covered One, Enter Sandman, and Fade to Black are simply overwhelming.

...no one said it had to be "known" bands that do the covers. ;)

El Gordo
10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Resurrecting another old thread once again. :lol:

I'm casting my vote for Metallica. The number of high school bands that have covered One, Enter Sandman, and Fade to Black are simply overwhelming.

...no one said it had to be "known" bands that do the covers. ;)

Well the OP clearly says "what band is covered for officially released albums the most often?" but carry on.

RampinUp46
10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Well the OP clearly says "what band is covered for officially released albums the most often?" but carry on.

This also marks the third time (if I recall correctly) that I forget to re-read the post before replying to a thread. :lol:

I'm still sticking with Metallica (Mastodon, Bullet for My Valentine, Machine Head, Vader, Anthrax, Disturbed, Korn, Trivium, Sum 41, Primus, and if you want to go there, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, and Snoop Dogg have all covered them), immediately followed by Pantera (not counting Damageplan or any other number of bands who play "Walk" randomly, because at least three are in here already - Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Sylosis, Unearth, Zakk Wylde, 2Cents, Dream Theater, Butcher Babies, Evile, Chimera, Anal Cunt, Five Finger Donkey Punch, and Madonna, among others). I definitely agree with Iron Maiden and Slayer though.

MPF
10-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Overall? It's either The Beatles or Richard Berry (Louie Louie).

Dextrimental
10-07-2012, 05:12 PM
AC/DC have got to be up there. Not something I've ever thought about too much though, as I'm not much a fan of recorded covers usually.

christopher
10-07-2012, 05:17 PM
This also marks the third time (if I recall correctly) that I forget to re-read the post before replying to a thread. :lol:

I'm still sticking with Metallica (Mastodon, Bullet for My Valentine, Machine Head, Vader, Anthrax, Disturbed, Korn, Trivium, Sum 41, Primus, and if you want to go there, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, and Snoop Dogg have all covered them), immediately followed by Pantera (not counting Damageplan or any other number of bands who play "Walk" randomly, because at least three are in here already - Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Sylosis, Unearth, Zakk Wylde, 2Cents, Dream Theater, Butcher Babies, Evile, Chimera, Anal Cunt, Five Finger Donkey Punch, and Madonna, among others). I definitely agree with Iron Maiden and Slayer though.

:lol: wow, you still didn't get the first post. It meant who recorded a cover song on an album they released. There are a good amount you got right, but a lot of those were just random live covers. For instance, I only recall Snoop Dogg covering Metallica at a random live show one time in front of the band.

adamclark52
10-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Do tribute albums count? Because I have three for Black Sabbath alone. And so many covers out there on other albums. It has to be Black Sabbath.

El Gordo
10-07-2012, 06:40 PM
If we're talking any covers in general, it's got to be the Beatles.

RampinUp46
10-07-2012, 06:42 PM
:lol: wow, you still didn't get the first post. It meant who recorded a cover song on an album they released. There are a good amount you got right, but a lot of those were just random live covers. For instance, I only recall Snoop Dogg covering Metallica at a random live show one time in front of the band.

God damn it. :bouville:

ravenheart
10-07-2012, 07:07 PM
No ones mentioned Rolling Stones?

Led Zep must be up there. And Chris Isaak, Queen, Nirvana, Robert Johnson...

Top answers must be Dylan, Beatles, Stones and Sabbath though.

PowerMaiden
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I have 6 or 7 Maiden covers albums so...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Natrlhi
10-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Cheers !
PowerMaidenShocking. :lol:

ravenheart
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

... so it's not Maiden, because I'm just a giant fanboy.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Makes sense.

GarageMetal468
10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Overall, I'd say Maiden

But for some reason, my collection has a big abundance of Rainbow covers...

Still I'm Sad (Axel Rudi Pell)
Stargazer (Axel Rudi Pell)
I Surrender (Millenium)
I Surrender (At Vance)
I Surrender (Stratovarius)
Kill the King (Primal Fear)
Stargazer (Mundanus Imperium)
Man on the Silver Mountain (Hammerfall featuring Kai Hansen)
Long Live Rock and Roll (Gamma Ray)
Long Live Rock and Roll (Steel Dragon, from the movie Rock Star)

Liege Lord does a fantastic cover of Kill the King as well.

ravenheart
10-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Liege Lord does a fantastic cover of Kill the King as well.

So do Candlemass. Only on a live album though.