Shogun
-----------------------
Ignition
To The Rats
Anthem (We Are The Fire)
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

The_jman
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Shogun performed in its entirety would be awsome.

b_halperin
07-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Shogun performed in its entirety would be awsome.

That would be great to see!

(Shogun in entirety)
-----------------------
Like Light to the Flies
A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
Anthem (We are the Fire)
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

The_jman
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM
That would be great to see!

(Shogun in entirety)
-----------------------
Like Light to the Flies
Anthem (We are the Fire)
Now there's a set.

cradle_of_maiden
10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Like light to flies

Then the sound goes out, Trivium leaves the stage, and everyone cheers cuz Trivium sucks balls.

Fires Of Sedition
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Dream Trivium Setlist
---------------------
Matt Heafy walks on stage and blows his fucking face off with a shotgun

I've never heard of that song :confused:

b_halperin
10-21-2009, 04:33 AM
I've never heard of that song :confused:

lol its a bonus track

Fires Of Sedition
10-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Fuck. Japan always gets extra songs that I never hear of until 2-3 years after the album is released. Sonsabitches.

Dextrimental
10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Ok heres one for u..

Ascendancy in its entirety
-------------------------
Kirisute Gomen
Becoming the Dragon
Requiem
If I could Collapse the masses
This World Cant tear us Apart
Throes of Perdition
Down From the Sky
Ember to Inferno
Unrepentant
Pillars of Serpents
Entrance of the Conflagration
---------------------------
Shogun

Fuck yes, what a show that would be!!

x-voltage
10-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Fuck you Cradle of Maiden. Trivium is one of the best metal bands out there today and one of the most talented. How the fuck can you diss Trivium? If your name is referring to Cradle of Filth and Iron Maiden, all I have to say is FUCK Cradle of Filth. How can you like them. They suck ass chunks. Trivium is by far and away a better metal band in all aspects of music. But props on Iron Maiden.

cradle_of_maiden
10-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Fuck you Cradle of Maiden. Trivium is one of the best metal bands out there today and one of the most talented. How the fuck can you diss Trivium? If your name is referring to Cradle of Filth and Iron Maiden, all I have to say is FUCK Cradle of Filth. How can you like them. They suck ass chunks. Trivium is by far and away a better metal band in all aspects of music. But props on Iron Maiden.

First of all voltage, Trivium has made the same album three times over. If they would have stopped at Ember or continued on that path I would have nothing bad to say. Second, I come from the same town that Trivium is from and they have done virtually nothing for the fans that got them to where they are now. Matt Heafy is a pompus pretentious asshole who thinks he is the bee's knees at guitar but really he is doing the same boring metalcore bullshit that every other metalcore band is doing, no wonder he got dropped from Dean. He acts like James Hetfield and then cries like a bitch when they compare him and his band to Metallica. Travis Smith was a dick to me in the Best Buy I used to work at when all I did was compliment his drumming skills and help him find his stupid fucking wii. Paulo is just a midget dick who has no creativity on bass. The only person I have respect for is Corey because he truly is talented and an all around nice guy. The only reason why Trivium blew up so fast is because Heafy's daddy is loaded and paid their way onto shows and into magazine articles. The same goes for the shittites of shitty bands, Black Tide. And the whole Japanese thing has gotta stop. I love the Japanese culture but Heafy is just using it cuz he has no other forms of inspiration to write about. And as for me liking Cradle of Filth, well sometimes I like to hear someone singing about something intelligent for a change. Dani Filth is a goddamn English Litterature major and listening to them is like a mini history lesson, not to mention their riffs are killer and so are their symphonics. The same goes for Maiden.

Fires Of Sedition
10-27-2009, 11:30 PM
First of all voltage, Trivium has made the same album three times over. If they would have stopped at Ember or continued on that path I would have nothing bad to say. Second, I come from the same town that Trivium is from and they have done virtually nothing for the fans that got them to where they are now. Matt Heafy is a pompus pretentious asshole who thinks he is the bee's knees at guitar but really he is doing the same boring metalcore bullshit that every other metalcore band is doing, no wonder he got dropped from Dean. He acts like James Hetfield and then cries like a bitch when they compare him and his band to Metallica. Travis Smith was a dick to me in the Best Buy I used to work at when all I did was compliment his drumming skills and help him find his stupid fucking wii. Paulo is just a midget dick who has no creativity on bass. The only person I have respect for is Corey because he truly is talented and an all around nice guy. The only reason why Trivium blew up so fast is because Heafy's daddy is loaded and paid their way onto shows and into magazine articles. The same goes for the shittites of shitty bands, Black Tide. And the whole Japanese thing has gotta stop. I love the Japanese culture but Heafy is just using it cuz he has no other forms of inspiration to write about. And as for me liking Cradle of Filth, well sometimes I like to hear someone singing about something intelligent for a change. Dani Filth is a goddamn English Litterature major and listening to them is like a mini history lesson, not to mention their riffs are killer and so are their symphonics. The same goes for Maiden.

That's crazy. I mean, I know that Matt thinks he's much better than he is, and I agree with a lot of what you said even though I like them, but the whole band was really cool to me when I met them earlier this month. Matt even thanked me for rocking out and singing along.

Michael515616
11-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Ascendancy in full
-----------------
Shogun in full
-----------------
Fugue (A Revelation)
Anthem (We are the Fire)

mastodon421
11-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Trivium and Cradle Of Flith both suck balls IMO so there really no need to get into a crazy arguement about it.

x-voltage
11-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Screw you Mastadon 421. I think Heafy is as good as he thinks he is. His solos are amazing and he comes up with unique and never been heard before riffs. Plus he made their first two albums when he was under 20 years old!!! He's just going to get better cuz he's still young. I don't think Paulo is uncreative at bass at all. My brother met them at Mayhem and he said they were all real cool and down to earth. Travis is in the top 3 metal drummers right now. Maybe he was a dick to you at Best Buy cuz you were a bad salesman, or he didn't feel like talking about music at the time. And how can you say there albums sound exactly alike? Obviously you havent listened to them. They all are completely different from one another.

mastodon421
11-01-2009, 10:27 AM
lol Travis Smith is one of the best 3 drummers in metal right now. I mean i realize its your opinion bro but i can name 3 drummers that are much better than Travis Smith right now. Brann Dailor,Blake Richardson and Inferno those are just 3 of the many that are better than Travis. Sorry to be a douche man thats just wrong.

x-voltage
11-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok, that's your opinion too, that's fine. My brother is a really good metal drummer, and from his experience playing Trivium songs, he says Smith is one of the best.

cradle_of_maiden
11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Screw you Mastadon 421. I think Heafy is as good as he thinks he is. His solos are amazing and he comes up with unique and never been heard before riffs. Plus he made their first two albums when he was under 20 years old!!! He's just going to get better cuz he's still young. I don't think Paulo is uncreative at bass at all. My brother met them at Mayhem and he said they were all real cool and down to earth. Travis is in the top 3 metal drummers right now. Maybe he was a dick to you at Best Buy cuz you were a bad salesman, or he didn't feel like talking about music at the time. And how can you say there albums sound exactly alike? Obviously you havent listened to them. They all are completely different from one another.

You are either 13 or Matt Heafy himself trying to say some good stuff about Trivium cuz nobody else is right now. If you want good metal guitarists I will gladly inform you on some of the more influential and less metalcore bands to listen to (i.e. Megadeth, Judas Priest, and Opeth). Otherwise if you insist, you can keep the same drum patterns, riff/harmony combos, and scream/clean/scream/clean vocal patterns that Matt Heafy and co. have to offer.

idrinkwine732
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Trivium: Meh.

x-voltage
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
First of all fuck you, i'm 19. And I know my shit when it comes to metal. Youre comparing Trivium's guitar playing to Judas Priest and Megadeth who are much older and have a completely different type of music. Trivium is not fucking metal core like as i lay dying or bullet for my valentine or shit like that. They are far from metal core. If you consider them metal core, which they're not, then compare them to other way less talented metal core bands like mentioned previously, they are by far and away better than them. I don't think Trivium has been catching shit lately. Where did you here that? All i've heard is praise for their new album, which is flawless in my opinion.

mastodon421
11-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Trivium is a thrash influnced metalcore band and out of the thrashy metalcore bands they are the worst IMO.

x-voltage
11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Who else is in this so called thrashy metalcore genre?

mastodon421
11-02-2009, 11:56 AM
God Forbid,Unearth,Bullet For My Valentine a couple of others.

Metal_Head
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Kirisute Gomen
Like Light to the Flies
Pillars of Serpents
Ascendancy
When All Light Dies
Down From the Sky
Anthem (We Are the Fire)
Insurrection
Becoming the Dragon
Entrance of the Conflagration
My Hatred
Rain
Throes of Perdition
Into the Mouth of Hell We March
-------------

x-voltage
11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Hahahahaha wow!!!! You think Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth are better than Trivium??? Wow dude, you have to rethink that. Tha's just embarassing. They have the corny riffs played over and over just like you dissed Trivium for in a few posts back.

Dextrimental
11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Mastodon, its funny cuz you just said Bullet and God Forbid are better than Trivium. Please do me a favour, take Earthsblood, and Scream Aim Fire, and compare them to Shogun. Lyrically, musically, and in terms of experimentation, (the song shogun, the fact that Trivium are actually being picky about where they scream in their songs now) Shogun wins hands down. Bullet have the SAME solo and harmonies in EVERY song, and God Forbid are just gone off the cliff entirely.

x-voltage
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Thank you Dextrimental. Finally someone who agrees with me. How can this guy think Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth are better than Trivium?

tdunks523
11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
word, bullet are whiny in alot of their songs and every unearth album sounds the same now. no trivium albums sound alike since they've been on roadrunner

tdunks523
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
First of all fuck you, i'm 19. And I know my shit when it comes to metal. Youre comparing Trivium's guitar playing to Judas Priest and Megadeth who are much older and have a completely different type of music. Trivium is not fucking metal core like as i lay dying or bullet for my valentine or shit like that. They are far from metal core. If you consider them metal core, which they're not, then compare them to other way less talented metal core bands like mentioned previously, they are by far and away better than them. I don't think Trivium has been catching shit lately. Where did you here that? All i've heard is praise for their new album, which is flawless in my opinion.

word bro, trivium are one of the few metal bands that haven't completely sold out to try to be scene and put a bunch of stupid breakdowns like bullet or unearth. they play the music they like to play and dont change for anyone. any band like that nowadays deserves mad props

Dextrimental
11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Well I aint got nothin against Unearth, I think they're quite good, but with regards God Forbid and Bullet Trivium win :D

mastodon421
11-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Bullet is kind of whiny I will give you that I am not a huge fan of theirs anyway. On to Trivium, Trivium's vocals are some of the worst i have ever heard. Heafy's scream sounds like he is really constapated. When it comes to God Forbid they blow Trivium out of the water. Earthsblood is absolutely fantastic personally songs like Walk Alone and Bat The Angels are much better than shitfest tracks like Into The Mouth Of Hell Me March and Kirsute Gomen.

Maybe its just be but i think Trivium is really,really bad and i dont really see the appeal on Trivium. Trivium has some pretty good solos but besides that I think are an absouletely awful band. Clearly there are a lot of Trivium fans here on the board I don't want to start a beef with any of you I am just stating my opinion.

x-voltage
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Finally people agree with me on how good Trivium is. But Mastadon you are right. Earthsblood is very very good. I love that album. My favorites are Empire of the Gun and War of Attrition but I also love Walk Alone and Bat the Angels as well. While that is a great album, Shogun is still way better in my opinion, but it's just an opinion. At least you like God Forbid, but seriously Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth aren't anywhere near Trivium. And Heafy's vocals weren't that good on Ember to Inferno, but they have steadily got better through each album and I think he's a great screamer and singer.

mastodon421
11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Finally people agree with me on how good Trivium is. But Mastadon you are right. Earthsblood is very very good. I love that album. My favorites are Empire of the Gun and War of Attrition but I also love Walk Alone and Bat the Angels as well. While that is a great album, Shogun is still way better in my opinion, but it's just an opinion. At least you like God Forbid, but seriously Bullet For My Valentine and Unearth aren't anywhere near Trivium. And Heafy's vocals weren't that good on Ember to Inferno, but they have steadily got better through each album and I think he's a great screamer and singer.

Who knows we might have silmilar tastes in bands we just have a huge disagreement on Trivium?

x-voltage
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Ya dude. Who else do you like? This argument was awesome. We have to start up another one.

mastodon421
11-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I like pretty much every genre of metal and a very good amount of bands. So more than likely we will have quite a few bands that we both like.

x-voltage
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Do you like Killswitch Engage? If so which singer do you prefer.

The_jman
11-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Howard is a much better singer and screamer, yet does write too many lyrics about love and relationships.

x-voltage
11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I strongly disagree. I think Howard is a great singer, in fact the 2nd best metal core singer to..... Jesse Leach. I think the greatest album of the past 15 years is Alive or Just Breathing. Jesse's vocals are masterful on that album. His screaming is amazing and his clean vocals are out of this world. It's too bad he had to leave, but it's also a good thing because Howard has done great things with Killswitch even though I think his vocal style has taken the band in a different direction. If Jesse stayed, they would have been incredible.

mastodon421
11-04-2009, 01:12 PM

I am a huge Killswitch fan actually. Personally I perfer Howard i think he is an all-around better vocalist than Jesse.

The_jman
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I am a huge Killswitch fan actually. Personally I perfer Howard i think he is an all-around better vocalist than Jesse.
I agree. I think Jessy's vocal screams were too forced... They didn't seem to come to him as well as Howards do. He did have a sweet clean voice though, but I love howards clean voice. Its got this power and majestic almost quality that is very cool.

x-voltage
11-04-2009, 03:37 PM
They both have amazing choruses but the choruses on Alive or Just Breathing are amazing. The pre-chorus and chorus on just barely breathing are phenomanal. I also think Adam D. is a good singer. He sang a lot on As Daylight Dies. He sang very little on Alive or Just Breathing because Jesse was so good, he sang a a little more on End of Hearthache, and I don't think he sings at all on the new album. But I think he should release a solo album where he plays every instrument. He is a great drummer. In the World Ablaze documentary (great documentary) Justin Foley says that Adam D. is better than he is, and I loved Adam's drumming on the first album i.e. in Soilborn and Irreversal (two songs they should play live). He obviosly plays guitar which means he can play bass and he screams very well I think as seen on the live DVD and when I saw them in concert and he has a great clean voice too.

The_jman
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
you forgot that he's an amazing producer as well.

I like justin's drumbing better, but that could have more to do with the sound of the drumb kit on the recordings that gives me that bias.
aam D's clean voice is very good, his scream is good too just not as appealing as say howards.

x-voltage
11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Ya it was probably the poor recording on the first album that makes adam d's drumming not sound too good, but he is good. I can't believe I forgot how good of a producer he is. He has produced some great albums.

KvltOvPersonality
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Kirisute Gomen
Torn Between Scylla And Charybdis
Into The Mouth Of Hell We March
Thoes Of Perdition
-------------------------------------
The End Of Everything
Rain
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr
Fugue
Pillars Of Serpents