PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up On Free OZZFEST

ADD
02-07-2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66663

"Lee Bains of CMJ (College Music Journal, a weekly magazine of and for the music industry and college radio stations in the United States and Canada) reports:

"Announcing yesterday that this summer's Ozzfest will be a free event, Sharon Osbourne waxed altruistic, saying, '[We] want the kids to be able to afford to come out and have an incredible experience. If we continued with the traditional touring festival model, we would have no choice but to raise ticket prices again this year.' Osbourne locates blame in the bands for those spikes in ticket prices, saying that ticket costs have 'steadily climbed as artists demand more and more money for summer tours.'

"According to an anonymous source, over the last few years, the mall-metal matriarch has actually charged developing bands up to $75,000 for the opportunity to tour on the festival's second stage. So if a free Ozzfest isn’t a reaction to money-hungry bands, what is it?

"Well, it might have something to do with the $1.5 million loss, as reported by an anonymous source, that LiveNation — the festival's promoter — is rumored to have suffered as a result of last year's Ozzfest. John Vlautin, Vice President of Communications for LiveNation, declined to comment on the profitability of their ventures.

"Osbourne plans to offset the profit lost by free admission 'by getting bigger sponsors to be involved with the festival and underwriting the festival.' According to Vlautin, Jägermeister and Monster Energy drink have already signed on."

Read the entire article at CMJ."

pwnt.

DethMaiden
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Nonetheless, I will go.

ADD
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Nonetheless, I will go.
As I said before, I'm not going out of my way to get a ticket. I'll tell one of my friends to get me one if they can, and if not then whatever.

DethMaiden
02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
As I said before, I'm not going out of my way to get a ticket. I'll tell one of my friends to get me one if they can, and if not then whatever.

So how does one obtain a ticket if they're free?

ADD
02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
We'll wait and see.

DethMaiden
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
We'll wait and see.

Yup.

ChildrenofSodom
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM

From my understanding, you have to go through the sponsors, or Livenation.....so...probably one of those "Fill out survey and get a free iPod" deals...except with Ozzfest tickets.

JRA
02-07-2007, 03:59 PM
ahem...

LOLOLOL

EvilCheeseWedge
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Well LiveNation is back with Ozzfest for 2007, so I'm not sure I see where this is going. Either they were happy with Ozzfest last year and came back, or they're making even more money by having it underwritten by sponsors, which really is good for us.

Both drinks mentioned had a huge presence at Ozzfest in 2005 too... so I'm not sure I buy that they really have much to do with the change.

jaysadler2
02-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Ozzfest, for free???? u guys are lucky in the u.s, i would see ozzy for free, i have to pay £40 (around $55) to see him, along with BLS.

I'd guess BLS will be one of the supports, dunno who else will play on the bill.

Also, u could get free tickets through the net more than likely. Thats where i got a free ticket to see limp bizkit in london in 03 or 04, cant remember.

theclansman1114
02-08-2007, 01:20 PM
From my understanding, you have to go through the sponsors, or Livenation.....so...probably one of those "Fill out survey and get a free iPod" deals...except with Ozzfest tickets.

That would be the smart thing. I couldn't imagine a ton of people trampling each other for a free ticket.. it would be absolute chaos.

ADD
02-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Dammit, Alice In Chains are gonna play..........this means I now am FORCED to go :tongue:

es156
02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Alice In Chains are gonna play

Source?

JRA
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Source?

Yea, I know, its not on Blabbermouth or the Ozzfest website.:eyes:

HECHO EN MEXICO
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
IF I CAN GET THE DAYS OFF FROM WORK I'LL GO.

http://a540.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/34/l_8a349fda7fe3e6eb16c9bec0a7553c6b.jpg

Div
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Maybe they wouldn't have lost money if they didn't piss off all the iron maiden fans and would stop getting shitty numetal bands to play.

HECHO EN MEXICO
02-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Maybe they wouldn't have lost money if they didn't piss off all the iron maiden fans and would stop getting shitty numetal bands to play.

that had nothiing TO DO WITH IT!
EVERY YEAR AT LEAST 80% OF THE PEOPLE GO FOR OZZY/SABBATH NOT IRON MAIDEN!

ADD
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Source?
One of my best friends has a friend whose dad works for Shoreline Amphitheatre and does concert stuff, and he said that they are almost 99% confirmed to be the band that plays on the mainstage before Ozzy, so the "Co-headliner" as it were.

But you didn't hear it from me :eyes:

sylpriest
02-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I'll go if they do the PLARS ticket....I hope they really do:mad:

IamTheMickster
02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I will definitely go to Ozzfest and get Hot Turkey Ed to hit on even the ugliest of chicks if all the bands suck. All it'll take is about a beer and a half!

I'm really looking forward to this event!!!

HECHO EN MEXICO
02-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I will definitely go to Ozzfest and get Hot Turkey Ed to hit on even the ugliest of chicks if all the bands suck. All it'll take is about a beer and a half!

I'm really looking forward to this event!!!

HAHAHA

:tongue: :party:

Bouville
02-16-2007, 11:58 PM

Come on Mike, you know it takes less than that :hecho:

ADD
02-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Come on Mike, you know it takes less than that :hecho:
:lol:

Bouville
02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
:lol:

But its true :hecho:

Ps. Can the administrator ban a mod? :eyes:

ADD
02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
But its true :hecho:

Ps. Can the administrator ban a mod? :eyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bouville
02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laugh all you want, but if you do not see me in the next week, you know why :eyes:

ADD
02-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Laugh all you want, but if you do not see me in the next week, you know why :eyes:
Yes, I will throw a party where we will only listen to Spiritual Beggars and the one Therion album I have (Sirius B) :party: Oh, and we will make fun of Grim Reaper :agree:

Bouville
02-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Yes, I will throw a party where we will only listen to Spiritual Beggars and the one Therion album I have (Sirius B) :party: Oh, and we will make fun of Grim Reaper :agree:

Dude...that is so fucked up... you are not Metal at all :hecho:

Ps. Make fun all you want about Grim reaper but do not touch the song "Fear No Evil"

ADD
02-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Dude...that is so fucked up... you are not Metal at all :hecho:

Ps. Make fun all you want about Grim reaper but do not touch the song "Fear No Evil"
:D

ChildrenofSodom
02-17-2007, 12:31 AM
:D

I hope the Wolfman from the Fear No Evil video comes to your house and performs unmentionable acts upon your unmentionable bodyparts.