PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest Annoucement February 6th 11AM PST

hot_turkey_ed
02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Source: Ozzfest.com (http://www.ozzfest.com/news_2006.html)

Posted today...

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will make a "surprise groundbreaking, historic announcement about this summer's Ozzfest" at CIC 2007 (Concert Industry Consortium) on Tuesday, February 6 at 11:00 a.m. PT at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel (The Westside Room), located at 2025 Avenue Of The Stars in Century City, California. Media arrivals begin at 10:15 a.m. The event is also open to registrants of CIC.
Note: This private event is ***NOT*** open to the public.

Blabbermouth has some additional information:

Everyone knows the Alice In Chains rumors... but additional rumors now include BLS (Yeah, I know.. BBBIIIGGG surprise there), Killswitch Engage (this band should quit now), and Hellyeah (Vinnie Paul's new band).

I wouldn't be surprised if both Otep and Godsmack show up somewhere on the bill too. (That's just my guess.. nothing subtanial back it.. just a guess).

hot_turkey_ed
02-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Some guy named plague angel posted his lineup proposal as a comment to BM's story...

Ozzfest 2007 lineup:

Main Stage:

Headliner: One last live gig by DARKTHRONE
Emperor
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Mayhem
Nokturnal Mortum

Second Stage:

Marduk
Kult ov Azazel
Rotting Christ
Twilight
Satyricon
Dark Funeral
bunch of other black/death bands

SnakeCharmer
02-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Source: Ozzfest.com (http://www.ozzfest.com/news_2006.html)

Posted today...

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will make a "surprise groundbreaking, historic announcement about this summer's Ozzfest" at CIC 2007 (Concert Industry Consortium) on Tuesday, February 6 at 11:00 a.m. PT at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel (The Westside Room), located at 2025 Avenue Of The Stars in Century City, California. Media arrivals begin at 10:15 a.m. The event is also open to registrants of CIC.
Note: This private event is ***NOT*** open to the public.

:lol:

I don't know why I find this so funny. :lol:

Fe Maiden
02-02-2007, 07:22 AM
There is a rumor that O$$fe$t may be indoors this time around.

theclansman1114
02-02-2007, 09:47 AM
:lol:

I don't know why I find this so funny. :lol:

Because $haron is a big fucking joke. As is O$$FE$T. :lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
02-02-2007, 10:22 AM
There is a rumor that O$$fe$t may be indoors this time around.
:lol: I wish Iron Maiden had an "s" so I could change it to a "$".

Did somebody say re-release all the singles from $eventh $on of a $eventh $on? Oh wait. They already did. :D

JRA
02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I totally do not think that Iron Maiden are sellouts, and I really do not let the fact that they keep re-releasing singles bug me.:D

Fixed.

In all seriousness, you gotta admit ECW, we might not be able to pull Bill O' Reily's on each other, but we sure as shit can pull a Micheal Moore.:D

EvilCheeseWedge
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Fixed.

In all seriousness, you gotta admit ECW, we might not be able to pull Bill O' Reily's on each other, but we sure as shit can pull a Micheal Moore.:D
:lol: :D

Well, honestly, the singles thing doesn't bother me, I just find it ironic when some people choose to overlook the fact that their favorite band is as much of a sellout as Ozzy, Ozzfest, or Sharon. I think it's pretty clear that Sharon and Rod's idea of management are basically about the same thing. Make money. Make it through merchandise, re-releases, and whatever else. And one can't forget that Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest pro-bono ;)

JRA
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
:lol: :D

Well, honestly, the singles thing doesn't bother me, I just find it ironic when some people choose to overlook the fact that their favorite band is as much of a sellout as Ozzy, Ozzfest, or Sharon. I think it's pretty clear that Sharon and Rod's idea of management are basically about the same thing. Make money. Make it through merchandise, re-releases, and whatever else. And one can't forget that Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest pro-bono ;)

I'm glad you liked the joke, I've been wanting to pitch that for a month.

Pro-bono?

EvilCheeseWedge
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm glad you liked the joke, I've been wanting to pitch that for a month.

Pro-bono?
:lol: Yeah, I liked it.

Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest for free ;)

hot_turkey_ed
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Moving Ozzfest indoors spells the end of the festivial.

Ozzfest is about the atmosphere as much as it is about the bands. Moving it indoors makes just another show.

JRA
02-02-2007, 11:26 AM
:lol: Yeah, I liked it.

Iron Maiden didn't play Ozzfest for free ;)

Um, yea, but who does?

EvilCheeseWedge
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Moving Ozzfest indoors spells the end of the festivial.

Ozzfest is about the atmosphere as much as it is about the bands. Moving it indoors makes just another show.
I agree, but I think Ozzfest is on its way out anyways. If I were Sharon, I wouldn't have continued at this point. I think I would've pulled the plug after the 10th anniversary. The line-ups, for the most part, got progressively better, you ran it for ten years, and ended it with a bang. No need to watch it wither and die, which is what I think is going to happen at this point.

EvilCheeseWedge
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Um, yea, but who does?

Nobody, but for all the Ozzfest bashing that happens around here... that's who was singing Maiden's checks. Nobody forces Maiden to play, and they certainly don't play for free ;)

JRA
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Nobody, but for all the Ozzfest bashing that happens around here... that's who was singing Maiden's checks. Nobody forces Maiden to play, and they certainly don't play for free ;)

My beef with Ozzfest can be summed up in a simple statement.

They gave rise to Fred Durst & Linkin Park.

EvilCheeseWedge
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
My beef with Ozzfest can be summed up in a simple statement.

They gave rise to Fred Durst & Linkin Park.
Fair enough.

I have a lot of problems with Ozzfest too, but you know, for the price and the fun that I had with friends and a chance to see Judas Priest and Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath on the same night (depending on the year) well, it sort of mutes the rest of the complaints. Sure, it could've been cheaper. It could've been better organized. It could've had better bands. But hey, I had fun, saw a few good bands, and plenty that weren't.

I wonder what the reasoning behind moving Ozzfest indoors is? It really won't be the same thing inside. Not that it's likely to have a line-up that can rival past ones this year anyways though...

Div
02-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Unless Sharon's announcement is something like "Ozzy really died 5 years ago of a drug overdose and we've been using an impersonator ever sense" I can't see it being very interesting or imporant.

ADD
02-02-2007, 02:31 PM
If you like Ozzfest you probably suck.

SnakeCharmer
02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Because $haron is a big fucking joke. As is O$$FE$T. :lol:

Of cour$e. :D

overkiller
02-02-2007, 04:19 PM
America are good at festival!

hot_turkey_ed
02-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Ozzfest bashers should accept that their favorite band exists in the exact same hypocrisy that Ozzfest exemplifies. Business is never far from the music. We're all a bunch of fucking tools to some extent.

:bouville:

overkiller
02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Ozzfest bashers should accept that their favorite band exists in the exact same hypocrisy that Ozzfest exemplifies. Business is never far from the music. We're all a bunch of fucking tools to some extent.

:bouville:

That's not the point at all, the point is that the bands that play Ozzfest suck shit, durr.

Fe Maiden
02-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I wonder what the reasoning behind moving Ozzfest indoors is? Ozzy's allergies:hecho:

theclansman1114
02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
If you like Ozzfest you probably suck.

Agreed.

Bouville
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Wacken should be transported to California, ok, California and New York :D

JRA
02-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Wacken should be transported to California, ok, California, New York, and Indiana. :D

Fixed.

BLOODY BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

:fist: :fist:

Bouville
02-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Fixed.

BLOODY BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

:fist: :fist:

Now... THAT is a real festival. I just cannot understand why there are not festivals like that in the US. In that sense, Europe has their shit together, no question about it.

Fe Maiden
02-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Wacken should be transported to California, ok, California and New York :D:fist:

SomewhereInTime72
02-04-2007, 07:28 PM

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Div
02-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Now... THAT is a real festival. I just cannot understand why there are not festivals like that in the US. In that sense, Europe has their shit together, no question about it.

Cause the metal fanbase doesn't turn as much of a profit as the teeny bopper cookie cutter pop music crowd does, dur :bouville:

anthraxmosher
02-05-2007, 11:05 AM

YESS!!! :fist:!!!! We need festivals like that over here. It would be awesome to have a festival of that caliber here in America. One can only dream....