PDA

View Full Version : The Now Reading Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Akumu
07-17-2011, 04:23 PM
NO

Do not do that.

ADWD goes beyond the timeline of AFFC and starts to continue the stories of those characters also about halfway through, and I think you could potentially spoil stuff for yourself. I just wouodn't recommend it.

And I think I know what you mean by :bawling:... ;)

Ahh, I just thought that I could read both and finish Feast before its POV chapters pick up in ADwD... ? But it might be less confusing if I just read Feast straight through first. Idk.

Oh god, yes. I am so sad because even though it's been like 5 years since I first read ASoS, I know what's gonna happen to everyone and FUUUUUU. :( I'd go into detail, but I don't want to spoil it for the people here still on the earlier books.

jd091
07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Ahh, I just thought that I could read both and finish Feast before its POV chapters pick up in ADwD... ? But it might be less confusing if I just read Feast straight through first. Idk.

Oh god, yes. I am so sad because even though it's been like 5 years since I first read ASoS, I know what's gonna happen to everyone and FUUUUUU. :( I'd go into detail, but I don't want to spoil it for the people here still on the earlier books.

Well, I mean, you could try and read them simultaneously. I'm still not caught up in ADWD yet, I think, but I know that there will be POV's from certain characters in ADWD that show up later that take place after AFWC (aka, Arya's and Samwell's storylines as well as some others will be continued). Your own funeral if you spoil something for yourself.

AND I think it would be a little confusing to have to keep track of like, 8 POV characters at once.

Indestructible
07-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Ghost Rider: Travels on The Healing Road by Neil Peart

illuminatus917
07-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Waiting for The Return of Tarzan to arrive at the nearby Books-A-Million...

maidenpriest
07-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Just got A Dance with Dragons as a gift!...Still need to get there though :(

Sinfulsot
07-19-2011, 06:56 AM
starting "Just After Sunset", a stephen King short story collection. which makes it more like candy if you just read them one after the other.

Recently completed:
The Psychology of Superheroes (on kindle)
the last 3 volumes of Stephen King's, "The Dark Tower" (hardcopy) (just to finish the set) (and back to back to boot)

larvtard
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
The Autobiography of Malcolm X :D

DethMaiden
07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Finished Death in the Afternoon. By the time I get back to school I'd like to get through:

Retromania: Pop Culture's Addiction to Its Own Past by Simon Reynolds
Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour by Kate Fox
Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
I'm A Stranger Here Myself: Notes on Returning to America After Twenty Years Away by Bill Bryson
Ulysses by James Joyce
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I'm also passionately thumbing through a Stockholm travel guide in planning for my next big trip and a tome called The Beer Book, that is far headier than its title suggests.

JuuKun
07-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Recently finished Bleak Seasons by Glen Cook. Can't get enough of the Black Company.

Just started reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. Liking it so far.

idrinkwine732
07-24-2011, 05:23 PM
http://neocato.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/lies-my-teacher-told-me.jpg

Off of a rec that I got from a friend and from a dude a while back on some other forum. It's incredible so far.

Indestructible
07-24-2011, 05:56 PM

That is my kind of book. I have heard of it, but have not read it yet. Another one to put on my list.

larvtard
07-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Off of a rec that I got from a friend and from a dude a while back on some other forum. It's incredible so far.

That sounds awesome.

Akumu
07-25-2011, 02:49 AM

Great book.

SomewhereInTime72
07-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Rashōmon and 17 Other Short Stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa.

Lot of really good stories in this collection.

illuminatus917
07-25-2011, 09:05 PM
The Return of Tarzan. :cool:

Akumu
07-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Finally started A Dance with Dragons. 200 pages in and I'm loving it. :fist:

Also reading Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji.

jd091
07-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Finally started A Dance with Dragons. 200 pages in and I'm loving it. :fist:

It's really good! :fist:

daimonos
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm not a reader, by any means whatsoever, but because Borders is closing I decided to pick up the I Am Ozzy autobio. Started reading it earlier tonight and I haven't put it down, almost half way finished with it now. Very interesting read, I think, learning about the early days of Sabbath and all the crazy shit they did and had to deal with.

mankvill
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm not a reader, by any means whatsoever, but because Borders is closing I decided to pick up the I Am Ozzy autobio. Started reading it earlier tonight and I haven't put it down, almost half way finished with it now. Very interesting read, I think, learning about the early days of Sabbath and all the crazy shit they did and had to deal with.

If you don't have it, Dave Mustaine's autobiography is really good.

larvtard
07-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna wait for Borders to slash their prices more. Right now the History section's only 20% off :bouville:

masterguy49
07-27-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm gonna wait for Borders to slash their prices more. Right now the History section's only 20% off :bouville:

If these forums had awards, you'd win biggest jew

illuminatus917
07-27-2011, 10:42 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Communist China and Asia by A. Doak Barnett

larvtard
07-28-2011, 05:55 AM

:lol: I'm proud of it, too.

Hey, we should have an awards thread... :eek:

Leviathan
07-28-2011, 11:40 AM
World War Z by Max Brooks pretty good so far!

illuminatus917
08-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Hell in a Very Small Place: The Siege of Dien Bien Phu by Bernard Fall - probably the greatest scholar ever on Vietnam.

larvtard
08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
The Autobiography of Malcolm X :D

I got bored...

zgodt
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Pink Elephant by Rachel McKibbens.

The poems are amazing, but also the most harrowing shit I have read since Uwem Akpan's Say You're One of Them.

Indestructible
08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
The Federalist Papers by John Jay, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton. And The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson.

llama lom
08-04-2011, 06:30 PM
World War Z by Max Brooks pretty good so far!

World War Z is awesome! I can't wait for the movie!

Ok so for you more literate people on here, should I get the Necronomicon next, or Paradise Lost?

JuuKun
08-04-2011, 06:43 PM
World War Z is awesome! I can't wait for the movie!

Ok so for you more literate people on here, should I get the Necronomicon next, or Paradise Lost?

Paradise Lost. There's not even a question there.

hellawaits77ny
08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
By The Light of The Moon - Dean Koontz

Decent so far.

JuuKun
08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was nothing short of phenomenal.

Now, finally reading A Game of Thrones.

jd091
08-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Now, finally reading A Game of Thrones.

:fist: Prepare to get addicted...

JuuKun
08-12-2011, 12:10 PM
:fist: Prepare to get addicted...

You weren't wrong. Glad I decided to pick them all up at once instead of just grabbing GoT - starting A Clash of Kings now! :party:

Akumu
08-14-2011, 03:21 AM
So I thought A Dance with Dragons was excellent. How long until the next one? :P

Also read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I know it has a lot of haters, but I enjoyed it. Scared the crap out of me in places, tbh.

jd091
08-14-2011, 07:58 AM
So I thought A Dance with Dragons was excellent. How long until the next one? :P

Also read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I know it has a lot of haters, but I enjoyed it. Scared the crap out of me in places, tbh.

Dude! SAME! I just finished ADWD yesterday! Holy living shit, I have so many theories that I want to discuss but can't since nobody I know has yet finished it. And I do have lots of problems with it. The entire book was seriously just a journey for characters, and none of them ended up where they were supposed to go. Very goddamn unsatisfying in my mind.

And The Road is fucking awesome. People who hate it either have weak stomachs or don't like good literature.

SomewhereInTime72
08-14-2011, 06:11 PM
And The Road is fucking awesome. People who hate it either have weak stomachs or don't like good literature.

I'm neither and I don't like it? He basically spent an entire book doing what most good authors could pull off in 1/3 of a book.

Also the writing style managed to be dry while altogether trying too hard. I liked what he was going for with the book, but disliked how he clearly missed the mark. Overrated as fuck. Maybe most people that like it haven't read enough 'good literature' to realize it's nothing great. ;)

DethMaiden
08-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Just finished Retromania, fucking awesome but frustrating. Recommended to anyone interested in the sort of bigger pop cultural and music ideas and issues.

Finishing up I'm A Stranger Here Myself now and probably diving into Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. Very late to the party on that one, I know.

Akumu
08-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Dude! SAME! I just finished ADWD yesterday! Holy living shit, I have so many theories that I want to discuss but can't since nobody I know has yet finished it. And I do have lots of problems with it. The entire book was seriously just a journey for characters, and none of them ended up where they were supposed to go. Very goddamn unsatisfying in my mind.

Yeah, I kind of want to froth at the mouth over some things but I won't. :lol: I mean, I ENJOYED it, but dude... did he really have to throw in four cliffhangers? Seriously?

I'm neither and I don't like it? He basically spent an entire book doing what most good authors could pull off in 1/3 of a book.

Also the writing style managed to be dry while altogether trying too hard. I liked what he was going for with the book, but disliked how he clearly missed the mark. Overrated as fuck. Maybe most people that like it haven't read enough 'good literature' to realize it's nothing great. ;)

I dunno, I heard a lot of bad things so I was prepared to dislike it, and while I was annoyed by some things (apostrophes in some contractions, not in others? "autistic dark"?) eventually I got too sucked into the story to care. Glad I read it.

llama lom
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories. Pretty much Penguin Classics put a bunch of Lovecraft stories in one book. I also tried to start Paradise Lost but the language started throwing me off almost immediately. I'll give it my full attention once I'm done with the Lovecraft.

larvtard
08-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Airframe by Crichton.

Epidemic Reign
08-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Not reading anything at the moment, but I'm looking forward to reading Penn Jillette's new book "God, No!".

I'd also like to get ahold of the new 007 novel by Jeffrey Deaver.

mankvill
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Half-Priced Chicken Wings at my favorite local sports bar! :D

JuuKun
08-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Half-Priced Chicken Wings at my favorite local sports bar! :D

Let me know how that is, it's next on my list once I'm done with GRRM!

TonyD
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Just finished reading Moneyball

illuminatus917
08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
"War, Peace, and the Viet Cong" by Douglas Pike.

For anyone who is serious about Vietnam and wants to read about it:

Bernard Fall
Joseph Buttinger
Douglas Pike

I haven't found any more knowledgeable.

RAZOR
08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm actually reading something! Finally. :party:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

DethMaiden
08-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Just finished I'm A Stranger Here Myself.

Onward to Kitchen Confidential, then.

MetalIsArt
08-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Gonna begin a new book about Lionel Messi from FC Barcelona.

After that I really need to complete an historic book about Flemish SS-men and a book about Brussels, I had already started those lol.

Then, it's time to finally buy everything from Stephen King & some Barker, even though I've stopped reading fiction a few years ago.

Oh and in between I'll add some comic books to my collection, I desperately need to have everything of "The Killer" (De Killer in Dutch).

Money, money, money,... :D

ChildrenofSodom
08-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Still working on Dune. I've got the whole original series, which I plan on reading all the way through. I'm debating getting the expanded Dune books, because they are so cheap online (2 bucks each used) but I know I'll never get to them. I still have to re-read all my favorite Redwall books that I bought last year.

I'm probably going to start Lords of Chaos when I get to school...now that I actually know something about black metal (and listen to it). I'm also going to pick up some graphic novels tomorrow. Should keep me plenty busy.

ravenheart
08-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Just finished 'Knots & Crosses' by Ian Rankin.

Now reading 'London Calling' by James Craig. I don't sense it's going to be very good. The writing is very childish. Describe minute details not because they're relevant or interesting, but because he seems to feel like he has to.

ravenheart
08-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Gonna begin a new book about Lionel Messi from FC Barcelona.

All books about sportsmen who are still playing, and even more so are still in their 20s, are pointless. No exceptions. Especially if it's not autobiographical.

Then, it's time to finally buy everything from Stephen King & some Barker, even though I've stopped reading fiction a few years ago.

:fist:

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 12:57 AM
All books about sportsmen who are still playing, and even more so are still in their 20s, are pointless. No exceptions. Especially if it's not autobiographical.

What can I say, I'm a huge FC Barcelona fan (and member).

BTW, favorite novel by King is Christine. The movie sucks big time though. :eyes:

Epidemic Reign
08-28-2011, 01:00 AM
BTW, favorite novel by King is Christine. The movie sucks big time though. :eyes:

Personally, I'd go with 'Salem's Lot. Great book, shitty movie.

Epidemic Reign
08-28-2011, 01:02 AM
I recently started Brian Lumley's "Demogorgon"... again. Tried reading this damn book 4 or 5 times throughout high school, never got past the first few chapters.

I think it's just the fact that this book can't possibly be as good as his "Necroscope" saga...

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Personally, I'd go with 'Salem's Lot. Great book, shitty movie.

Many of the films based on his work are shitty lol.

I've never seen him as a pure horror writer and his descriptions of the characters are absolutely great.

powerslave_85
09-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Finally started the Song of Fire and Ice series; just finished A Clash of Kings (I skipped the first one since the first season of the show followed it so closely).

jd091
09-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Finally started the Song of Fire and Ice series; just finished A Clash of Kings (I skipped the first one since the first season of the show followed it so closely).

:hmm:

NO. YOU CAN'T SKIP IT.

And the 3rd is the best, by the way.

Akumu
09-14-2011, 02:39 AM
:hmm:

NO. YOU CAN'T SKIP IT.

And the 3rd is the best, by the way.

ALL OF THIS.

Epidemic Reign
09-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Many of the films based on his work are shitty lol.

I've never seen him as a pure horror writer and his descriptions of the characters are absolutely great.

His descriptions of characters are absolutely great, although quite often it seems that he's describing himself. Ever notice that half of his main characters are writers? :lol:

Epidemic Reign
09-14-2011, 02:52 AM
I recently started Brian Lumley's "Demogorgon"... again. Tried reading this damn book 4 or 5 times throughout high school, never got past the first few chapters.

I think it's just the fact that this book can't possibly be as good as his "Necroscope" saga...

Yeah this was two weeks ago and I still haven't picked it up since that day :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Finally finished Dune today. Starting Dune Messiah now. I'm going to try to get through most of it before classes start on Wednesday.

Indestructible
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

Let me know how that is. Its been on my to buy list for over a year now. Have you read Michael Pollan?

Indestructible
09-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Let me know how that is. Its been on my to buy list for over a year now. Have you read Michael Pollan?

Will do. Just got it Saturday, Ill probably finish it this week. I've never read Michael Pollan.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Will do. Just got it Saturday, Ill probably finish it this week. I've never read Michael Pollan.

Check out "In Defense of Food." It is a great examination of the decline of food in Western civ. Basically: we don't eat food anymore. We eat "edible food-like products".

Indestructible
09-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Check out "In Defense of Food." It is a great examination of the decline of food in Western civ. Basically: we don't eat food anymore. We eat "edible food-like products".

I agree with that. Way too many chemicals in processed junk food these days, you don't know what's safe anymore. That's why I switched over to a mostly organic plant diet.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2011, 01:46 PM
I agree with that. Way too many chemicals in processed junk food these days, you don't know what's safe anymore. That's why I switched over to a mostly organic plant diet.

Check out the Primal Blueprint or paleo diet. I think you'd like it.

Div
09-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Just got a Nook and uploaded all these books to it :drool:

1 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams
2 *1984* George Orwell
3 *Dune* Frank Herbert
4 *Slaughterhouse 5* Kurt Vonnegut
5 *Ender's Game* Orson Scott Card
6 *Brave New World* Aldous Huxley
7 *The Catcher in the Rye* J. D. Salinger
8 *The Bible* Various
9 *Snow Crash* Neal Stephenson
10 *Harry Potter Series* J. K. Rowling
11 *Stranger in a Strange Land* Robert A. Heinlein
12 *Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!* Richard P. Feynman
13 *To Kill A Mockingbird* Harper Lee
14 *The Foundation Saga* Isaac Asimov
15 *Neuromancer* William Gibson
16 *Calvin and Hobbes* Bill Watterson
17 *Guns, Germs, and Steel* Jared Diamond
18 *Catch-22* Joseph Heller
19 *Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance* Robert M. Pirsig
20 *Siddhartha* Hermann Hesse
21 *The Selfish Gene* Richard Dawkins
22 *Godel, Escher, Bach: An eternal golden braid* Douglas Hofstadter
23 *Tao Te Ching* Lao Tse
24 *House of Leaves* Mark Z. Danielwelski
25 *The Giver* Lois Lowry
26 *Crime and Punishment* Fyodor Dostoyevsky
27 *Animal Farm* George Orwell
28 *A People's History of the United States* Howard Zinn
29 *The Lord of the Rings* J. R. R. Tolkien
30 *Ishmael* Daniel Quinn
31 *A Brief History of Time* Stephen Hawking
32 *Lolita* Vladimir Nabokov
33 *The Count of Monte Cristo* Alexandre Dumas
34 *His Dark Materials Trilogy* Philip Pullman
35 *The Stranger* Albert Camus
36 *Various* Dr. Seuss
37 *The Road* Cormac McCarthy
38 *Lord of the Flies* William Golding
39 *The Monster At The End Of This Book* Jon Stone and Michael Smollin
40 *Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas* Hunter S. Thompson
41 *A Short History of Nearly Everything* Bill Bryson
42 *Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep* Phillip K. Dick
43 *A Hundred Years of Solitude* Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44 *The Art of War* Sun Tzu
45 *How to Win Friends and Influence People* Dale Carnegie
46 *Flowers For Algernon* Daniel Keyes
47 *The Hyperion Cantos* Dan Simmons
48 *A Confederacy of Dunces* John Kennedy Toole
49 *The Declaration of Independence, The US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights* Various
50 *Cat's Cradle* Kurt Vonnegut
51 *A Canticle for Leibowitz* Walter M. Miller, Jr
52 *Odyssey* Homer
53 *Fahrenheit 451* Ray Bradbury
54 *A Song of Ice and Fire* George R. R. Martin
55 *The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald
56 *The Brothers Karamazov* Fyodor Dostoevsky
57 *Ringworld* Larry Niven
58 *A Game of Thrones* George R. R. Martin
59 *The Art of Deception* Kevin Mitnick
60 *The Little Prince* Antoine de Saint ExupÚry
61 *Freakonomics* Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt
62 *The Moon is a Harsh Mistress* Robert A. Heinlein
63 *The Omnivore's Dilemma* Michael Pollan
64 *Heart of Darkness* Joseph Conrad
65 *The Forever War* Joe Haldeman
66 *Adventures of Huckleberry Finn* Mark Twain
67 *Lies My Teacher Told Me* James Loewen
68 *Notes From Underground* Fyodor Dostoyevsky
69 *Everybody Poops* Tarō Gomi
70 *On the Origin of Species* Charles Darwin
71 *The Autobiography of Malcolm X* Malcolm X with Alex Haley
72 *John Dies at the End* David Wong
73 *The Communist Manifesto* Karl Marx
74 *Contact* Carl Sagan
75 *A Clockwork Orange* Anthony Burgess
76 *The Prince* Niccol˛ Machiavelli
77 *Atlas Shrugged* Ayn Rand
78 *The Diamond Age* Neal Stephenson
79 *War and Peace* Leo Tolstoy
80 *The Stand* Stephen King
81 *The Dharma Bums* Jack Kerouac
82 *The Hobbit* J. R. R. Tolkien
83 *Moby Dick Herman Melville
84 *The Unbearable Lightness of Being* Milan Kundera
85 *Why People Believe Weird Things* Michael Shermer
86 *Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media* Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky
87 *Asimov's Guide to the Bible* Isaac Asimov
88 *The Old Man and the Sea* Ernest Hemingway
89 *Collapse* Jared Diamond
90 *Infinite Jest* David Foster Wallave
91 *Don Quixote* Miguel de Cervantes
92 *Chaos* James Gleick
93 *American Gods* Neil Gaiman
94 *Starship Troopers* Robert A. Heinlein
95 *The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime* Mark Haddon
96 *You Can Choose to Be Happy* Tom G. Stevens
97 *The Geography of Nowhere* James Howard Kunstler
98 *All Quiet on the Western Front* Erich Maria Remarque
99 *Candide* Voltaire
100 *Mein Kampf* Adolf Hitler

101 - 200
101 *The Girl Next Door* Jack Ketchum
102 *In Defense of Food* Michael Pollan
103 *The Dark Tower* Stephen King
104 *Fight Club* Chuck Palahniuk
105 *The Greatest Show on Earth* Richard Dawkins
106 *The Making of a Radical* Scott Nearing
107 *The Turner Diaries* Andrew MacDonald
108 *The Scar* China Mieville
109 *Steppenwolf* Hermann Hesse
110 *Going Rogue* Sarah Palin
111 *120 Days of Sodom* Marquis De Sade
112 *Rendezvous with Rama* Arthur C Clarke
113 *Oryx and Crake* Margaret Atwood
114 *Beyond Good and Evil* Friedrich Nietzsche
115 *Gravity's Rainbow* Thomas Pynchon
116 *Naked Lunch* William Burroughs
117 *Childhood's End* Arthur C Clarke
118 *Of Mice and Men* John Steinbeck
119 *The Book of Ler* MA Foster
120 *The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark* Carl Sagan
121 *Johnny Got His Gun* Dalton Trumbo
122 *Cryptonomicon* Neal Stephenson
123 *Watership Down* Richard Adams
124 *Breakfast of Champions* Kurt Vonnegut
125 *Civilization and Capitalism* Fernand Braudel
126 *Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs* Chuck Klosterman
127 *A Fire Upon the Deep* Vernor Vinge
128 *The Saga of Seven Suns* Kevin J Anderson
129 *The Grapes of Wrath* John Steinbeck
130 *American Psycho* Bret Easton Ellis
131 *The Mote in God's Eye* Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
132 *The Chomsky Reader* Noam Chomsky
133 *The Panda's Thumb* Stephen Jay Gould
134 *Flatland* Edwin Abbot
135 *On the Road* Jack Kerouac
136 *The God Delusion* Richard Dawkins
137 *The Classical Style* Charles Rosen
138 *Here Be Dragons* Sharon Kay Penman
139 *An American Life* Ronald Reagan
140 *Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space* Carl Sagan
141 *The Little Schemer* Friedman & Felleisen
142 *Life in the Woods* Henry David Thoreau
143 *Black Lamb, Grey Falcon* Rebecca West
144 *Thus Spake Zarathustra* Friedrich Nietzsche
145 *Sandman* Neil Gaiman
146 *The Game* Neil Strauss
147 *Good Omens* Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
148 *Mere Christianity* CS Lewis
149 *Walden* Henry David Thoreau
150 *The Collapse of Complex Societies* Joseph Tainter
151 *Cthulhu Mythos* H. P. Lovecraft
152 *The Stars My Destination* Alfred Bester
153 *The Pillars of the Earth* Ken Follett
154 *The Prince of Nothing* R. Scott Bakker
155 *Perdido Street Station* China Mieville
156 *Man's Search for Meaning* Viktor Frankl
157 *The Wasteland* TS Elliot
158 *The Kite Runner* Khaled Hosseini
159 *Pi to 5 million places* [kick books]
160 *The Blank Slate* Steven Pinker
161 *The Dispossessed* Ursula K. Le Guin
162 *Guts* Chuck Palahniuk
163 *fear and trembling* S°ren Kierkegaard
164 *One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest* Ken Kesey
165 *Kafka on the Shore* Haruki Murakami
166 *Ulysses* James Joyce
167 *Macbeth* Shakespeare
168 *Basic Economics* Thomas Sowell
169 *Atheism: The Case Against God* George H. Smith
170 *The Handmaids Tale* Margaret Atwood
171 *For Whom the Bell Tolls* Ernest Hemingway
172 *Sophie's World* Jostein Gaarder
173 *Women* Charles Bukowski
174 *Red Mars* Kim Stanley Robinson
175 *We Need To Talk About Kevin* Lionel Shriver
176 *How We Die* Sherwin B. Nuland
177 *Philosophical Investigations* Ludwig Wittgenstein
178 *The singularity is near* Ray Kurzweil
179 *The Day of the Trifids* John Wyndham
180 *The Long Walk* Stephen King (writing as Richard Bachman)
181 *Blood Meridian* Cormac McCarthy
182 *The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are* Alan Watts
183 *The Wheel of Time* Robert Jordan
184 *The Elegant Universe* Brian Green
185 *A Suitable Boy* Vikram Seth
186 *Book of the New Sun* Gene Wolfe
187 *King Lear* Shakespeare
188 *The Power of Myth* Joseph Campbell
189 *The Voyage of Argo: The Argonautica* Apollonius of Rhodes
190 *The Baroque Cycle* Neal Stephenson
191 *Nichomachean ethics* Aristotle
192 *Long Walk to Freedom* Nelson Mandlla
193 *Cloud Atlas* David Mitchell
194 *The Master and Margarita* Mikhail Bulgakov
195 *The Chrysalids* John Wyndham
196 *The Occult* Colin Wilson
197 *Cosmos* Carl Sagan
198 *The Fountainhead* Ayn Rand
199 *Hamlet* Shakespeare
200 *The Hero with a Thousand Faces* Joseph Campbell

Can't say I'm interested in all of them, and I've read some of them already, but that's a pretty solid list all around.

Indestructible
09-19-2011, 05:32 PM
*1984* George Orwell

That book is fantastic.

BloodoftheKings
09-19-2011, 05:58 PM
100 *Mein Kampf* Adolf Hitler

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
That book is fantastic.

You sound like the freshman girl i was talking to yesterday. "My favorite book is Catcher in the Rye."

Indestructible
09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
You sound like the freshman girl i was talking to yesterday. "My favorite book is Catcher in the Rye."

It is a great book. And I am one of those guys who believes that the state America is in today is exactly like the world spoken of in Nineteen Eighty-Four.:D. Also I have never read Catcher In The Rye.

Div
09-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Yea, not sure why that was included in the list. I guess that's what you can expect from the internet...

mankvill
09-19-2011, 07:59 PM
And I am one of those guys who believes that the state America is in today is exactly like the world spoken of in Nineteen Eighty-Four.:D.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8396/1297791692964.jpg

jd091
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8396/1297791692964.jpg

:lol: Holy shit, best image I've seen in a week. :party:

ChildrenofSodom
09-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks for 100 years of films, Jackie Chan!

SomewhereInTime72
09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft. :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft. :cool:

I'm about 10 pages from finishing Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert. I'm going to hold off on the other books in the series til I have more time to pick up a 400-500 page book.

I couldn't find any Lovecraft at OSU's library, but I got an illustrated (short) version of The Food of the Gods by H.G. Wells and The Stolen Bacillus & Other Incidents, a collection of short stories by H.G. Wells.

On top of all of my reading for classes, of course.

SomewhereInTime72
10-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Kind of sad to not find any Lovecraft in a library :(. But there's such a high amount of great literature out there that anything you can't read doesn't leave you without something of equal awesomeness to read in its place. i love books :dorky:

...but I hate reading for classes. even good books. It takes the fun out of it for me. :(

Indestructible
10-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Kind of sad to not find any Lovecraft in a library :(

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/fiction/

DethMaiden
10-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Powered through most of the new Decibel and Rolling Stone yesterday. Gonna be bummed when those subscriptions end and I can't afford to renew them.

w00tasaurus
10-02-2011, 09:15 AM
just finished the second book of the Hyperion Cantos,
and just started The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick

dcmetal108
10-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Just started Pride And Prejudice And Zombies.

larvtard
10-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Powered through most of the new Decibel and Rolling Stone yesterday. Gonna be bummed when those subscriptions end and I can't afford to renew them.

why would you be bummed about your rolling stone subscription ending?

I was gonna make a joke about you being bummed because you're a hipster now, but they don't even cover indie music that much anymore...

maidenpriest
10-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Just finished reading A Storm of Swords. Holy. Shit. One of the best books I've read in my life! I don't even know how to describe my thoughts of what went down in that story...

christopher
10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Star Wars: Death Troopers:rocker:

daimonos
11-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Just finished reading Tony Iommi's autobiography. It wasn't nearly as entertaining as I Am Ozzy, but it was an interesting read.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Naked Lunch - William S. Burroughs (Already have read it a bunch of times, but it's just too good to not reread and reread and reread)

LSD: My Problem Child - Albert Hoffman

Entering the Circle: Ancient Secrets of Siberian Wisdom Discovered by a Russian Psychiatrist - Olga Kharitidi

SomewhereInTime72
12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
The posthumous Michael Crichton novel Pirate Latitudes. It's pretty good I guess. Don't like it as much as the ultimate classics of the Crichton backlog though. Or some of the more recent shit like Prey even.

somehow less scifi infodumps makes crichton less crichton. :eyes:

illuminatus917
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
LSD: My Problem Child - Albert Hoffman

Is this when he described his bicycle ride after experimenting with ergot derivatives? Or was that in a later essay?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM
This one was written more recently.

Seventhzealot
12-02-2011, 11:06 PM
On nature's connection to the spiritual world - Friedrich Schelling.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 11:11 PM
^^^

Good Read

ChildrenofSodom
12-03-2011, 06:23 AM
I finished Mattimeo by Brian Jacques last week, followed by Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne, and Joker by Brian Azzarello. Now I'm on Thor: Ages of Thunder.

illuminatus917
12-03-2011, 09:03 AM
This one was written more recently.

My Problem Child? It was his first written work, was it not? If anything his personal experiences weren't written about in detail until later.

jd091
12-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I finished Mattimeo by Brian Jacques last week, followed by Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne, and Joker by Brian Azzarello. Now I'm on Thor: Ages of Thunder.

I haven't read the Redwall books in ages. Forgot how much I loved them.

Indestructible
12-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Stephen King - The Stand
David Icke - The Biggest Secret

ChildrenofSodom
12-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I haven't read the Redwall books in ages. Forgot how much I loved them.

Dude, I know! I re-read Redwall in the spring, and once I picked up Mattimeo, I couldn't put it down. There are 6-8 new ones that have come out since I quit reading the series. If my schedule allows, I want to read them. For being such long books, they're a pretty quick read.

I'd also like to finish the Dune series. Had to take some time off after Dune Messiah; that really isn't leisure reading, when you have to put the book down to cross reference things and soak in all the mythology and politics. Iron Heel by Jack London is also on my shelf.

Indestructible
12-03-2011, 10:13 AM
On nature's connection to the spiritual world - Friedrich Schelling.

Im going to have to check out that book.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
My Problem Child? It was his first written work, was it not? If anything his personal experiences weren't written about in detail until later.

Shit, your right, I got mixed up with 'Hofmann's Elixir: LSD and the New Eleusis' which was released posthumously. Derp..

illuminatus917
12-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Shit, your right, I got mixed up with 'Hofmann's Elixir: LSD and the New Eleusis' which was released posthumously. Derp..

Right. His most interesting work was the essay he wrote sometime in the 1980's. I think that's when he described his accidental ingestion of LSD... and announced his divergence from traditional scientific doctrines by basically denouncing the idea of an objective observer, and saying "no objective reality exists separate from us."

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, that's the one I'm currently reading. I read the other one I mentioned before this one.

illuminatus917
12-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025 by Patrick Buchanan

Goddamnit

ChildrenofSodom
12-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Eulalia! by Brian Jacques

DethMaiden
12-13-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm finishing up this sociological work on English behavio(u)r called Watching the English, then I'll be moving on to The Great Gatsby.

And I know I'm getting something I haven't read by Klosterman for Christmas, so then that'll be next. :bliss:

SomewhereInTime72
12-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Just finished up The Diary of a Madman by Nikolai Gogol. That was weird.

brutal_descent
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Just finished We Need to Talk About Kevin.

...Fuck, man. I feel like I wish I hadn't read it now. Didn't see (SPOILER!) Kevin killing his sister as well as his father coming at all. Jesus fucking Christ.

hellawaits77ny
02-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Does anyone read Dean Koontz?

SomewhereInTime72
02-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Does anyone read Dean Koontz?

I've read a pretty decent number of his works (not as many as certain other modern authors that have huge catalogs, but still). Pretty cool guy.

I'm getting more and more into Lovecraft and his short stories lately, so good. My latest read was Celepha´s.

Seventhzealot
02-22-2012, 09:06 PM
The Plague by Albert Camus.

hellawaits77ny
02-22-2012, 09:38 PM
I've read a pretty decent number of his works (not as many as certain other modern authors that have huge catalogs, but still). Pretty cool guy.

Yeah, I love his work. I want to read his new one, 77 Shadow Street, but the reviews have been shitty. Also a little hesitant after reading one of his most recent, What The Night Knows. Overal, a pretty decent novel, but it could have been so much better. Beginning towards middle was great, then the end was pretty blah.

adamclark52
02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I just finished the Star Wars novel 'Red Harvest'. It was decent enough, it didn't have the creepy feeling that it's predecessor 'Death Troopers' had or any of the scenerios that actually had shivers running up my spine (any parts in Death Troopers that involved the wookiee child were really well done). It was also a little short, less than 250 pages, and featured no characters in any other Star Wars work so there wasn't much room for backstories. If anything there were to many characters in this novel, most of which were pointless. And since 95% of the characters (victims) are sith, you really can't feel bad for them.

On the plus side I always enjoy Star Wars material that exists outside the classic characters everyone knows. I always find it's better when the author can use the technology and lore of the Star Wars universe but not be tied down to a core group of characters and keeping in line with their already established personalities. This novel, being set some 3500 years before the movies, fits into that catagory. The descriptions of the mutilated corpses and zombies was a lot more graphic than Death Troopers.

Overall, a really good read. If you haven't read Death Troopers I'd suggest you read that before this one.

4 out of 5

illninoese
02-27-2012, 09:52 AM
The Subtle Knife - Phillip Pullman
Book II of III: His Dark Materials

Natrlhi
02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
The Book of Drugs - Mike Doughty

brutal_descent
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Finished the first part of Gogol's Portrait. Fucking heavy.

Seventhzealot
03-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Finished up The Plague by Albert Camus. Now starting off with Lovecraft's Tales and A Clash of Kings.

SomewhereInTime72
03-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Lovecraft's The Lurking Fear.

Blackened12
03-06-2012, 04:13 AM
Read this year so far:

Beowulf - X
Cold Mountain - Charles Frazier
Gates of Fire - Steven Pressfield
Oedipus Rex/Oedipus at Colonus/Antigone - Sophocles
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
The Color Purple - Alice Walker
1984 - George Orwell

Reading:

Moby Dick - Herman Melville
Macbeth - Shaespeare

kalfitegrdan
03-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Read this year so far:

Beowulf - X
1984 - George Orwell

Reading:

Macbeth - Shaespeare
:lovedup::lovedup:

ravenheart
03-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Just knocked out 'The Perfect Murder' by Peter James last night. It's one of those short stories published as part of a programme called "Quick Reads" aimed at getting people to actually bother reading.

They're cheap, and profits go to the programme in order to continue it, so all good. I just grabbed the ones by authors I actually like.

Sadly, this one sucked :( Childishly written, pretty dull story with annoying characters, and the twist was obvious from about half way through.

It was just a quick break from the excellent 'Shut Your Eyes Tight' by John Verdon though. Wanted to prolong it :)

jd091
03-06-2012, 08:23 AM
programme

http://plus4chan.org/b/cog/src/13267748908.jpg

Blackened12
03-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Read this year so far:

Beowulf - X
1984 - George Orwell

Reading:

Macbeth - Shaespeare

Don't know how I managed to forget The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. GREAT story

Epidemic Reign
03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Lovecraft's The Lurking Fear.

I've got quite a few books lying around that I keep meaning to jump into, but whenever I have the time I'm not really in the mood for reading. Hopefully by this weekend I'll find a way to make room for it.

dcmetal108
03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Getting really into comics again so I pulled out part of my collection of like 4,500 comics so I'm going to start reading them all. (Most for the first time)

elturtleboy
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Just finished "An American Demon" which is a memoir by Jack Grisham(TSOL) . He pretty much talks about his life as if he was possessed. Crazy stuff. I loved it.

Blackened12
03-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Now:

The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
Apology - Plato

dcmetal108
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Going to start the Gears Of War novel "Aspho Fields" by Karen Traviss.

maidenpriest
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Starting the Hunger Games finally, seeing what they hype is about. Also, to all you ASOIAF fans...Game of Thrones starts today! :D

jd091
04-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Starting the Hunger Games finally, seeing what they hype is about. Also, to all you ASOIAF fans...Game of Thrones starts today! :D

SO FUCKING PUMPED

But mostly pumped for season 3 next year. That's going to be greater than any television season, ever.

maidenpriest
04-01-2012, 12:38 PM
SO FUCKING PUMPED

But mostly pumped for season 3 next year. That's going to be greater than any television season, ever.

AGREED!!!

SomewhereInTime72
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
More Lovecraft. The Descendant this time.

Going to be reading a lot more at my new job probably. :eyes: Employment is a good excuse to read, right....

Epidemic Reign
04-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm officially on the ASOIAF band wagon. Started reading A Game of Thrones tonight.

mankvill
04-05-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm officially on the ASOIAF band wagon. Started reading A Game of Thrones tonight.

We welcome you.

brutal_descent
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Reading A Darkness More Than Night, finished Blood Work a week or so ago. Read The Templar Legacy some time ago too.

Epidemic Reign
04-06-2012, 01:06 AM
We welcome you.

Thx :D

I'm about 60 pages in, great read so far.

jd091
04-06-2012, 09:30 AM
We welcome you.

This. :lol:

maidenpriest
04-07-2012, 01:32 AM

YEAH!!! :D Such a great series.

Dextrimental
04-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - Douglas Adams

why has this taken me so long? awesome book, Adams is a genius!

maidenpriest
04-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Started reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King, surprised at how good its been so far. Probably the best book I've read by him since he finished the Dark Tower.

SomewhereInTime72
04-16-2012, 09:53 PM
^That's in my backlog (too many books, fuck,) and that's good news to hear. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Blackened12
05-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Started Lord of the Flies a little while ago and picked up a bunch of books a barnes and noble the other day but I've been slow because of recent subscriptions to the Economist, NatGeo, Money, and Time. So much reading :lol:

illuminatus917
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Bump

The Bible

illuminatus917
09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Actually, I picked it up because it ties into another class I'm taking on 20th century US intervention and foreign policy.

There's not a better source than Chomsky for that...

kalfitegrdan
09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Been reading A Game of Thrones for the last month whenever I donate plasma.

illuminatus917
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
The philosophical discussion beginning around page 8 of this thread is great. So much Ayn Rand hysteria. :lol:

zgodt needs to post here more.

christopher
09-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I have been off and on reading a book called Introduction to Electrodynamics for the last few3 months. I need to get back on it cause my class starts in a few weeks. It's not necessary to read ahead, I just want to be prepared.

XDoomsayerX
09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Introduction to Electrodynamics

:eek:

christopher
09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
:eek:

I have to take two quarters on Electrodynamics. It's not too difficult. I like applying the concepts to vector calculus.

SomewhereInTime72
09-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Finished up Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Fucking fun ass book.

christopher
09-18-2012, 12:41 AM
The Bible

dcmetal108
09-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Zakk Wylde - Bringing Metal To The Children

kalfitegrdan
10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Finished A Game of Thrones and now reading the Necronomicon while I wait for the second book to come in the mail. It's hilarious how many band/song/album titles I'm seeing in there.

maidenpriest
10-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Finished A Game of Thrones and now reading the Necronomicon while I wait for the second book to come in the mail. It's hilarious how many band/song/album titles I'm seeing in there.

What did you think of GoT?

kalfitegrdan
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
What did you think of GoT?

I've already watched the show, so I knew pretty much knew what was gonna happen, but that didn't stop me from being completely enthralled in the book. It was such a great read. I love the narration style he uses as well.

A Clash of Kings finally came in the mail, so I just started that last night. :party:

SomewhereInTime72
10-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I am simultaneously reading Herbert West-Reanimator and Ender's Game. Because sometimes reading one thing just isn't enough.

kalfitegrdan
11-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Finished A Clash of Kings and Started A Storm of Swords at the beginning of this week.

Arya's is definitely my favorite story line overall in the books.

elturtleboy
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
From The Graveyard Of The Arousal Industry
a memoir from Justin Pearson (The Locust,Retox,Swing Kids,Holy Molar,All Leather)

RampinUp46
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Beyond the Mountains of the Damned (about the Serbs/Albanians and the war in Kosovo). Pretty interesting book, actually.

Epidemic Reign
12-04-2012, 01:19 AM
I am simultaneously reading Herbert West-Reanimator and Ender's Game. Because sometimes reading one thing just isn't enough.

I'm currently reading Watchmen by Alan Moore, The Thief of Always by Clive Barker, Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist and To Wake the Dead by Richard Laymon. ;)

Epidemic Reign
06-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Re-reading A Game of Thrones before I progress through the series, because the first time I read it I really staggered it out and it took me something like 5 months.

300%_Density
07-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Bought the Al Jorgensen/Ministry book over the weekend. Fantastic book up to this point (I'm around Dark Side of the Spoon era). Its unbelievable at how much crazy shit he's done. Even people who used to like Ministry but don't care for them so much now would even find this enjoyable.

hellawaits77ny
07-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Bought the Al Jorgensen/Ministry book over the weekend. Fantastic book up to this point (I'm around Dark Side of the Spoon era). Its unbelievable at how much crazy shit he's done. Even people who used to like Ministry but don't care for them so much now would even find this enjoyable.

Interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Reading 'Dark Rivers of The Heart' by Dean Koontz ATM.

IrritatedTrout
07-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty by Bradley Martin. I've had it since April and I'm just now halfway through. It's really good but it's huge. The size of the actual book is large and there are like 800 pages with small font. It feels like the bible on North Korea.

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Moby Dick :)

kalfitegrdan
03-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Since I was so enthralled by the first season of True Detective, I decided to start reading the writer of the show's book, Galveston. It's similar in subject matter and set-up as the show and already has proved to be an entertaining read.

illuminatus917
03-18-2014, 06:31 PM
My Link in the Chain by Leonard Herring

RAZOR
03-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris.

dcmetal108
03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Unmasked - Kane Hodder

illuminatus917
04-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Bram Stoker's Dracula.

My first time reading it. Incredible book.

John The Drummer
04-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Re-reading the Resident Evil novel series that SD Perry did.

smearCampaign
04-03-2014, 12:39 PM
The Tomb and Other Tales. A collection of HP Lovecraft short stories.

SomewhereInTime72
04-05-2014, 10:57 PM
The Tomb and Other Tales. A collection of HP Lovecraft short stories.

Reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. Having never read Steinbeck before this is not exactly what I expected but I'm loving it.

kalfitegrdan
04-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Re-reading the Resident Evil novel series that SD Perry did.

I never particularly liked the RE games, but I loved that book series.

maidenpriest
04-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Trying Dune for the first time since I was a young teen. I couldn't get through the book when I was younger but now that I'm older it is time to try again.

John The Drummer
08-20-2014, 12:58 PM
A contract :D

Nausea
08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Currently reading

"The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Publication/v4/bb/aa/2c/bbaa2ca3-5534-6006-ba44-c65f21c5fa51/TheCountofMonteCristo-Cover.225x225-75.jpg

"Spirit Animals : Wild Born" by Brandon Mull

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rakl3g4eRCQ/UsFOQBgMjBI/AAAAAAAADIk/ltra93NAO6Q/s1600/Spirit+animals+born+wild+-+mull.jpeg

And only reading Spirit Animals because my 8 year old daughter begged me too because it's her all time favorite book.