PDA

View Full Version : Metallica or Megadeth?

anthraxmosher
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
This is a very debatable topic. Id just like to know what others think. My vote is for Metallica. Nothing agaisnt Megadeth, but I think Metallica is just an all around better band. What does everyone else think???

SomewhereInTime72
01-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I think Megadeth are at least three times as good as Metallica.

ChildrenofSodom
01-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I think Megadeth are at least three times as good as Metallica.

eh....2X

MetalDrummer888
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
well they both suck cock and are completely overrated, but then so is all thrash metal

:bouville:

id probably go with metallica though . . . . but slayer kills both of them :shred:

DethMaiden
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
well they both suck cock and are completely overrated, but then so is all thrash metal

STFU and GTFO!

Megadeth are my favorite thrash band, so I prefer them. But the first four Metallica albums are classics.

powerslave_85
01-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Metallica. Only Rust In Peace is in the same league as the first four Metallica albums, IMO.

Spiral_Slave
01-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Definitely Megadeth. :horns:

JRA
01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Manowar.

This is the worst thread ever.

:hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

ADD
01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Metallica for quality, Megadeth for quantity. They break just about even.

Bouville
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Cathedral!!!! :rocker:

Div
01-25-2007, 12:23 AM
"I'm sorry, I dont listen to country music." -Joey DeMaio when asked what he thought about Metallica.

SirLardsAlot
01-25-2007, 06:41 AM

:bouville:

id probably go with metallica though . . . . but slayer kills both of them :shred:

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Megadeth.

Fe Maiden
01-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Metallica. Only Rust In Peace is in the same league as the first four Metallica albums, IMO.I agree! Recent Megadeth is better than recent Metallica however!

iggyb387
01-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Megadeth.

Psshhh...

ADD
01-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Cathedral!!!! :rocker:

:dorky:

Teeth Of The Lions Rule The Divine!!! :hecho:

ADD
01-25-2007, 01:26 PM
"I'm sorry, I dont listen to country music." -Joey DeMaio when asked what he thought about Metallica.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

jeremysaal
01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Megadeth.

Metallica's first few albums were great, but of course we can thank Dave Mustaine for some of those songs!

Metallica WAS a great band. Hopefully, they will get back to their roots and stop letting us old school fans down.

overkiller
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
This thread is very original.

overkiller
01-25-2007, 02:51 PM

LOL!!!

Div
01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Apparently Manowar was doing a gig with Metallic and they played Nessun Dorma for their Italian fans and Metallica gave them shit cause they didn't like that song.

ADD
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Apparently Manowar was doing a gig with Metallic and they played Nessun Dorma for their Italian fans and Metallica gave them shit cause they didn't like that song.
Oh :lol:

overkiller
01-25-2007, 04:18 PM

That would mean Manowar did a gig with Metallica in 2002 or later... did that really happen?

JRA
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM

and since they haven't been playing Battle Hymn since 95 or something....

...yea...

...that wasn't smart.

DreamEvil001
01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
no contest, megadeth blows, metallica is amazing :D

zgodt
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Metallica.

Peace Sells is better than anything Metallica has ever done. But nothing else Megadeth has done is as even close to as good as most of Metallica's career.

ChildrenofSodom
01-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Metallica.

Peace Sells is better than anything Metallica has ever done. But nothing else Megadeth has done is as even close to as good as most of Metallica's career.

Rust in Peace kicks the shitload out of Load.

kinda unfair comparision...but...

SomewhereInTime72
01-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't even like Master of Puppets that much anymore. People always cite the first 4 metallica albums as reason for them being better than Megadeth... but they're not even that good. (Ride The Lightning is great, AJFA is pure awesome... the other two are OKAY...). Meanwhile Megadeth's first 5 albums kick the shit out of all of those albums... I just cant understand liking metallica more. :hmm:

zanthir
01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Megadeth is my favorite thrash, Metallica on the other hand just does nothing for me, yes; they have classics but thats it. Just because Zepellin's classic doesn't mean I enjoy listening to their music on a regular basis and the same goes for meta-laka. Megadeth on the otherhand I can pop in any time, and Rust in Peace was the best thrash album ever, from start to finish.

ADD
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I just cant understand liking metallica more. :hmm:

Cuz it's not your opinion :dorky:

SomewhereInTime72
01-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Cuz it's not your opinion :dorky:

Well yeah. But I mean... usually I can see where other people are coming from at least. :eyes:

zgodt
01-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't even like Master of Puppets that much anymore. People always cite the first 4 metallica albums as reason for them being better than Megadeth... but they're not even that good. (Ride The Lightning is great, AJFA is pure awesome... the other two are OKAY...). Meanwhile Megadeth's first 5 albums kick the shit out of all of those albums... I just cant understand liking metallica more. :hmm:
See, if you're including Countdown to Extinction in that picture then you sacrifice all credibility. That album absolutely blows -- worse than Load, worse than St. Anger. The only thing worse than that album is... all the Megadeth albums that came after it.

Bouville
01-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I'll settle the discussion, both bands blow now.

DethMaiden
01-26-2007, 03:33 AM
See, if you're including Countdown to Extinction in that picture then you sacrifice all credibility. That album absolutely blows -- worse than Load, worse than St. Anger. The only thing worse than that album is... all the Megadeth albums that came after it.

Countdown to Extinction happens to be my second favorite Megadeth album. There is nothing bad about it.

zgodt
01-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Countdown to Extinction happens to be my second favorite Megadeth album. There is nothing bad about it.
There's no accounting for taste, I guess. :)

JRA
01-26-2007, 08:22 AM

ahem...

ASHES IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MOUTH!!!
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Excuse me.;)

Div
01-26-2007, 02:32 PM
That would mean Manowar did a gig with Metallica in 2002 or later... did that really happen?

Where I read it from said that it was at a Gods of Metal fest in 99.

edit: I looked it up and Metallica and Manowar both played the Gods of Metal fest at the Open Air Arena in Milano, Italy 1999. So it might be true.

Wrathchild_84
01-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Killing Is My Business alone destroys Metallica’s entire discography. The first two albums, half of Puppets and AJFA are good but just not in the same league as The ‘Deth.

JRA
01-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Killing Is My Business alone destroys Metallica’s entire discography.

Ennhhh, no it doesn't.

SirLardsAlot
01-27-2007, 07:47 PM
ahem...

ASHES IN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MOUTH!!!
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame

Excuse me.;)

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

es156
01-28-2007, 08:02 AM

I was about to say the same thing to you. ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
01-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Megadeth.

Interesting story... my dad's former boss called a few nights ago. He'd just gotten off a three hour plane ride. Apparently he was sitting next to Kirk Hammet the whole time! He remembered that I was a metal fan, so Kirk signed a pick (yeah, apparently the dude just happened to have picks on his person) to give me. I can't say I'm a Metallica fan, but that's pretty cool :horns:

Wrathchild_84
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Ennhhh, no it doesn't.

Yes it does. That album is one of the most unique and interesting metal albums out there. Metallica have to stand out albums which are good but don't compare to KIMB only half of MOP is interesting at all, then AJFA is good but not great and the rest of the discography is just crap. I find Metallica to be very overrated and over played.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM

I think you just sacrificed all credibility by saying something is worse then St. Anger! The only thing worse then St. Anger would maybe be me farting into a microphone while banging on a garbage can. Maybe you don't like the lyrics on Countdown, but I think some of them are okay, and as for the music, well it's pretty generic, but I'll take a sense of melody over dull pounding riffs any day :D

JRA
01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I think you just sacrificed all credibility by saying something is worse then St. Anger! The only thing worse then St. Anger would maybe be me farting into a microphone while banging on a garbage can. Maybe you don't like the lyrics on Countdown, but I think some of them are okay, and as for the music, well it's pretty generic, but I'll take a sense of melody over dull pounding riffs any day :D

:lol:

Interesting.

You said you haven't heard much Metallica, right?

JRA
01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes it does. That album is one of the most unique and interesting metal albums out there. Metallica have to stand out albums which are good but don't compare to KIMB only half of MOP is interesting at all, then AJFA is good but not great and the rest of the discography is just crap. I find Metallica to be very overrated and over played.

I have to say I would much rather listen to Kill 'Em All or Ride The Lightning than "KIMB". I don't think its a bad album, but there are only 7 songs on it. The other two have 9 and 8, respectively.

SomewhereInTime72
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM

I think a lot of the music on CTE is pretty ungeneric. Marty's soloing style is pretty unique (not so much for Dave's... but...) and a lot of the riffs are not very cliched at all, with the exception of a lot of the chorus riffs, but... a weird chorus is not quite as fun to scream along to alone in your room. :eyes: :eyes:

EvilCheeseWedge
01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
:lol:

Interesting.

You said you haven't heard much Metallica, right?

:)

Nah. The guys in the band are into Metallica, so I hear a lot of Metallica a lot of the time actually ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
01-29-2007, 07:18 PM
I think a lot of the music on CTE is pretty ungeneric. Marty's soloing style is pretty unique (not so much for Dave's... but...) and a lot of the riffs are not very cliched at all, with the exception of a lot of the chorus riffs, but... a weird chorus is not quite as fun to scream along to alone in your room. :eyes: :eyes:
I don't really like most of Countdown actually, but I think the title track is pretty kickin' ;)

overkiller
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Metallica vs. Megadeth threads haven't been going on since metal people entered the internet, just so you guys know.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Metallica vs. Megadeth threads haven't been going on since metal people entered the internet, just so you guys know.
O rly? :D

SomewhereInTime72
01-29-2007, 07:28 PM

WTF?

METAL ON THE INTERNET?

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

overkiller
01-29-2007, 07:28 PM
WTF?

METAL ON THE INTERNET?

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

ON MY INTERNWABS!?!??! GTFO!!!!!!

JRA
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM

I know. I really shouldn't be posting on this thread.

JRA
01-29-2007, 08:52 PM
:)

Nah. The guys in the band are into Metallica, so I hear a lot of Metallica a lot of the time actually ;)

Ah, so your decision is without bias. That's good.

I'm tired. Too much Ultmate Alliance.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Ah, so your decision is without bias. That's good.

I don't mean it in "those bastards always play it and I hate it" I mean I'll be listening to it all the time in the car without always thinking about it. I'm not too much of a bastard to admit that I like a handful of Metallica songs, but honestly the production bothers me on some of the old Metallica stuff (same for Megadeth) and a lot of Metallica just leaves me going... "meh." Plenty of Megadeth does the same too. Frankly, I think both bands are overrated.

I still need to see Metallica live. I've seen Megadeth live, and it was a pretty good show. Nothing to get excited about though.

JRA
01-30-2007, 06:06 AM
I don't mean it in "those bastards always play it and I hate it" I mean I'll be listening to it all the time in the car without always thinking about it. I'm not too much of a bastard to admit that I like a handful of Metallica songs, but honestly the production bothers me on some of the old Metallica stuff (same for Megadeth) and a lot of Metallica just leaves me going... "meh." Plenty of Megadeth does the same too. Frankly, I think both bands are overrated.

I still need to see Metallica live. I've seen Megadeth live, and it was a pretty good show. Nothing to get excited about though.

Well I understood that. I thought you meant "those bastards always play them and they're alright."

The Production bothers you?! I hope you aren't talking about the production on Ride the Lightning.

Most. Awesome. Guitar-Tone. Ever.

zanthir
01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
What is this internet I keep hearing about?

ADD
01-30-2007, 12:29 PM

M-16 :cool:

DethMaiden
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM

So you've heard The Wall?

ADD
01-30-2007, 12:50 PM
So you've heard The Wall?

What? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DethMaiden
01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
What? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, bad example. But it's not Ride the Lightning.

JRA
09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh for fuck sake, this does not to be revived!