PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

IrritatedTrout
07-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Maiden on Sunday! :party:

Though I'm still pissed about DOD> Paschendale :mad:

I guess there's a small chance that Pasch will come back into rotation once they hit America again but I'm not getting my hopes up.

makethemsuffer12
07-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I guess there's a small chance that Pasch will come back into rotation once they hit America again but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Doubt it :(

NecroRob
07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Just discovered Aborted is doing a Canadian tour in August/September. My friend and I will probably make the trek up to Vancouver for the September 6th show. We love ourselves some Aborted :rockdevil

larvtard
07-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Just won two tickets to see Death Angel next Tuesday...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=3522903&blogId=536783785

sweet!! :rocker:

bt11763
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Aren't her tickets, like, 150 bucks?

I don't get it...not so much her, but with rappers and country singers and the Blue Collar comedians...they claim to be from these humble beginnings and their fans are presumably lower-class people....why do they charge so much money for their tickets?

yes, but she's playing on the today show so it's free, only thing is i have to be up at like 3am haha

ShatteredFlame
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, I live in NYC and why the hell is September such a productive month for awesome shows every year? What the fuck do I go to?

9/3-9/5 - Triton Fest or Electric Zoo
Celldweller, Icon of Coil, Ayria or The Chemical Brothers, Boyz Noise, Moby
9/7 - Sunn O))) and Boris :allan:
9/8 - Sleep :allan:
9/10 - Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, Orphaned Land
9/13 - Eminem and Jay-Z (friend can sell me tix)
9/17 - Omar-Rodriguez Lopez :drool:
9/20 - MAGMA :dragon:
9/24 - Porcupine Tree
9/30 - Immolation, Vader

ChildrenofSodom
07-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm seriously considering going to the Cool Tour on July 23 in Columbus. I want to see Between the Buried and Me again, and I have never seen As I Lay Dying. I don't think War of Ages are that bad. Underoath and Blessthefall suck balls, but whatever. I'm not going to ask off work, so if I don't get scheduled I will go.

Div
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey guys, I live in NYC and why the hell is September such a productive month for awesome shows every year? What the fuck do I go to?

9/3-9/5 - Triton Fest or Electric Zoo
Celldweller, Icon of Coil, Ayria or The Chemical Brothers, Boyz Noise, Moby
9/17 - Omar-Rodriguez Lopez :drool:
9/20 - MAGMA :dragon:
9/24 - Porcupine Tree
9/30 - Immolation, Vader

damn son, you be ballin'

:money:

mankvill
07-09-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm seriously considering going to the Cool Tour on July 23 in Columbus. I want to see Between the Buried and Me again, and I have never seen As I Lay Dying. I don't think War of Ages are that bad. Underoath and Blessthefall suck balls, but whatever. I'm not going to ask off work, so if I don't get scheduled I will go.

An offdate is coming here

Underoath
BTBAM
Blessthefall

If it was pretty much any other band besides Underoath headlining, I'd have gotten tix already.

mastodon421
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM

I know your an As I Lay Dying fan if you get the opportunity to see them don't pass it up. They are a fantastic live band.

evildeadjedi
07-09-2010, 01:03 PM

9/24 - Porcupine Tree
9/30 - Immolation, Vader

bt11763
07-09-2010, 03:14 PM

does want

ravenheart
07-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Adding a few more to my post-Summer schedule:

17/9 Leaf Hound
22/9 Ricky Warwick

5/12 Helloween

mankvill
07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs194.snc4/38032_10150226767540109_440799170108_13401192_5142 212_n.jpg

Free :drool:

idrinkwine732
07-13-2010, 11:35 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs194.snc4/38032_10150226767540109_440799170108_13401192_5142 212_n.jpg

Free :drool:

Seriously, I can't stand that other people are seeing this band before me. It aggravates me that there is no venue here that they could deal with. I do my best to just deal with it, but my desire to see Vektor is beyond me. If you have a talk with them, tell them it is 100% essential they go to San Francisco by the end of the year. I'll be there.

daimonos
07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
going to see Maiden tonight.

Crionics
07-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Got my Carnage tickets :rocker:

But oh boy did I have to state a case to my parents, Log you been there done that right? :tongue:

larvtard
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM

But oh boy did I have to state a case to my parents, Log you been there done that right? :tongue:

When they were supposed to come in February, yeah, because it was on a Monday night...the worst possible night for a show... but surprisingly they weren't that tough because they know I WORSHIP slayer. Slayer's playing on a Friday night this time around so likely no case will need to be made. I haven't bought tickets yet though.

ravenheart
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Another couple for my schedule:

August
26 - Ed Kowalczyk

March 2011
28 - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

daimonos

It's tough isn't it? :lol:

I remember whenever Opeth came last year I had to try to convince my parents for days, and eventually got to go.

Now I'm just trying to convince them to let me drive to Cleveland to go to Summer Slaughter. The fact that it's called Summer Slaughter and is headlined by Decapitated really doesn't help me that much though.

larvtard
Seriously, I can't stand that other people are seeing this band before me. It aggravates me that there is no venue here that they could deal with. I do my best to just deal with it, but my desire to see Vektor is beyond me. If you have a talk with them, tell them it is 100% essential they go to San Francisco by the end of the year. I'll be there.

I may see them next Monday :drool: It'd be a killer thrash show no doubt.

Crionics
07-14-2010, 02:29 PM

I remember whenever Opeth came last year I had to try to convince my parents for days, and eventually got to go.

Now I'm just trying to convince them to let me drive to Cleveland to go to Summer Slaughter. The fact that it's called Summer Slaughter and is headlined by Decapitated really doesn't help me that much though.

Haha see, although my parents are smart..they wouldn't really care about names like "Decapitated" or "Cannibal Corpse" or "Summer Slaughter" or anything like that. Now if I said Goatwhore or Anal Cunt..yeah theyd have a problem :lol: Their main problem is that "oh something is going to happen to you, you're going to get hurt!" I know their just being protective and they care about me but.....:tp:

When they were supposed to come in February, yeah, because it was on a Monday night...the worst possible night for a show... but surprisingly they weren't that tough because they know I WORSHIP slayer. Slayer's playing on a Friday night this time around so likely no case will need to be made. I haven't bought tickets yet though.

My parents don't do the whole "Worship" factor thingy, however if it's a band that I don't talk about often they'll say "Oh that's a no name band, why do you want to go?" So far, those no names have been Municipal Waste and Mastodon (I did get to go to Mastodon though since I had a friend who my parents trusted).

Oh and I had to pay $100 bucks to my parents for this..The total was $97.50 :eyes:..And usually we have a deal in which I have to just pay for my ticket and 1/3 of their "protection ticket" :hecho:

larvtard
07-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Haha see, although my parents are smart..they wouldn't really care about names like "Decapitated" or "Cannibal Corpse" or "Summer Slaughter" or anything like that. Now if I said Goatwhore or Anal Cunt..yeah theyd have a problem :lol: Their main problem is that "oh something is going to happen to you, you're going to get hurt!" I know their just being protective and they care about me but.....:tp:

My parents don't do the whole "Worship" factor thingy, however if it's a band that I don't talk about often they'll say "Oh that's a no name band, why do you want to go?" So far, those no names have been Municipal Waste and Mastodon (I did get to go to Mastodon though since I had a friend who my parents trusted).

Oh and I had to pay $100 bucks to my parents for this..The total was $97.50 :eyes:..And usually we have a deal in which I have to just pay for my ticket and 1/3 of their "protection ticket" :hecho:

protection ticket? :tp: :lol:
As for the worship, I'm even considering changing my Facebook religion box to "Pagan (Slayer is God)" hahaha. I don't really worship them though, I just have a deep obsession...
I was actually planning to go to Anal Cunt but I was just gonna say it was another band obviously. No way in hell they'd let me see a band with a name like that :lol:

Crionics
07-14-2010, 03:14 PM
protection ticket? :tp: :lol:
As for the worship, I'm even considering changing my Facebook religion box to "Pagan (Slayer is God)" hahaha. I don't really worship them though, I just have a deep obsession...
I was actually planning to go to Anal Cunt but I was just gonna say it was another band obviously. No way in hell they'd let me see a band with a name like that :lol:

Yeah..It's really lame having my parents at concerts..although if it's GA they usually stay behind, like at the National they go to the balcony while I'm on the floor. N my FB religion is "Church of Rock" :lol:

Well I just took of MWaste and Killfest from my sig..No way in hell will my parentals let me go to them now..n MWaste is on a Friday in Summer :eyes: Second time having to miss out on the Waste for me (and I'm from their town!)..but It was a co headline with a band I didn't care for, so not too bummed.

JLRedWing13
07-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Only 3 days of waiting left...

larvtard
07-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah..It's really lame having my parents at concerts..although if it's GA they usually stay behind, like at the National they go to the balcony while I'm on the floor. N my FB religion is "Church of Rock" :lol:

Well I just took of MWaste and Killfest from my sig..No way in hell will my parentals let me go to them now..n MWaste is on a Friday in Summer :eyes: Second time having to miss out on the Waste for me (and I'm from their town!)..but It was a co headline with a band I didn't care for, so not too bummed.

oh, the protection ticket is your parents going with you. I see. that's...a little over the top...:eyes:

NecroRob
07-14-2010, 04:35 PM

I think my mom is still in denial about what I listen to. I mean it's pretty apparent when I wear shirts that say Bloodbath or Cannibal Corpse and whatnot, but she has never even asked about what I listen to...

mankvill
07-14-2010, 04:51 PM
My parents were usually cool with my music when I started listening to metal. It was after my dad/step-mom's huge "we are fanatical Christians" phase where the worst I listened to was blink-182. My dad did forbid me to see Slayer when they came in town, but it was the day of a school dance so I just told him I was there :P

They are actually really encouraging of me getting more and more involved with my blog and promotions and actually helping out with shows and stuff. It's cool. They still yell at me sometimes when I mention how I saw Cemetery Rapist, thought. :D

idrinkwine732
07-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I think my mom is still in denial about what I listen to. I mean it's pretty apparent when I wear shirts that say Bloodbath or Cannibal Corpse and whatnot, but she has never even asked about what I listen to...

Mine just think it's been a very very long phase...

mastodon421
07-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I was buying my Summer Slaughter ticket today and my mom asked who was playing and I said Decapitated and The Faceless she got a little worried:D. My mom is mostly fine with my music though. She has never not let me go to a show because of what the day of the week its on or because of what band is playing.

NecroRob
07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
My dad usually just lulz at the bands name's I listen to. I think his favorite so far has been Dying Fetus :D

I think he's just glad I have something I'm passionate about, even if it does sound like noise with disgusting vocals to him.

Anyways, on the topic of upcoming shows, I'm really hoping I can win tickets to the Death Angel show. If I don't I really doubt I'll pay $25 to see Death Angel not headline with decent (but I never listen to them) Soilwork and decent (but I rarely listen to them) Augury :eyes:

Dextrimental
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
My mom doesn't mind at all what I listen to, becauce I don't do drugs, I only drink with my buddies, and I always come home safe, so what harm is it I listen to very loud noisy music? Also, since I will go from listening to Cannibal Corpse to listening to Damien Rice instantaneously, I think she's also happy I'm open-minded, and have something that drives me as a person!

On topic, Maiden Friday week, and theres a whole bunch of shows coming up from September onwards.. Considering Guns N Roses 2nd of September if I don't get a Blink 182 ticket!

Crionics
07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
I was buying my Summer Slaughter ticket today and my mom asked who was playing and I said Decapitated and The Faceless she got a little worried:D. My mom is mostly fine with my music though. She has never not let me go to a show because of what the day of the week its on or because of what band is playing.

Give her lots of metal hugs!

larvtard
07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Mine just think it's been a very very long phase...

Yeah, my mom says I'll "get over metal." :tp: Oftentimes when she comes into my room and I'm blasting some metal, she goes "You don't like this." My dad just throws up the horns :lol: sarcastically, of course...

I'm really hoping I can win tickets to the Death Angel show. If I don't I really doubt I'll pay $25 to see Death Angel not headline with decent (but I never listen to them) Soilwork and decent (but I rarely listen to them) Augury :eyes:

I won them; I guess I was the only one who entered the sweepstakes for my show. They were only 15 bucks though.

mankvill
07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
On topic, Maiden Friday week, and theres a whole bunch of shows coming up from September onwards.. Considering Guns N Roses 2nd of September if I don't get a Blink 182 ticket!

blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way

Dextrimental
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way blink-182 all the way

I would rather see Blink 182, I seen Slash at Graspop, so Guns would be for pure novelty, and thats alot of money to pay for novelty!

TonyD
07-14-2010, 07:04 PM

:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang: :wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

DethMaiden
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Maiden and DT tomorrow. :horns: :blaze:

Also:
Black Cobra/Howl/Struck By Lightning - 7/26
Coheed and Cambria - 8/27
Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax - 10/14
Nevermore - 10/26 (?)

mankvill
07-14-2010, 07:25 PM
:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang: :wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

>he actually wants to see "Guns N' Roses" in 2010

ShatteredFlame
07-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Am I the only one with a dad who worry's too much but a mom who actually approves of me having fun in the pit?

idrinkwine732
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Am I the only one with a dad who worry's too much but a mom who actually approves of me having fun in the pit?

You should have seen my Dad's face when he saw the bruises on my ribs after Slayer. My mom laughed when I said I had an excellent time, but it was really painful. In general my parents are fine with it in the short term, because they just think I'm a kid who listens to that darn heavy metal music. But if I'm in my 30's listening to this my pops will :hmm::hecho:.

xStructualDefect
07-14-2010, 08:54 PM
lol i love how all throughout high school my dad has always let me to go shows, even on weekdays. he used to go to shows a lot back then (not metal, more like blues stuff) so he understands that i like going to a lot of shows. he rarely asks who i'm going to go see. i usually just ask money for a ticket and there it is. he never minded me going to a show on a weekday when i was in high school, he'd just say no complaining about being sore or exhausted the next morning and not wanting to go to school because of the night before.

so being used to that suprises me when people say their parents don't let them go to shows.

Wizzbang11
07-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm finally gonna go see fucking Imapled!
And Funerot! And Population Reduction too!

DethMaiden
07-14-2010, 08:56 PM
lol i love how all throughout high school my dad has always let me to go shows, even on weekdays. he used to go to shows a lot back then (not metal, more like blues stuff) so he understands that i like going to a lot of shows. he rarely asks who i'm going to go see. i usually just ask money for a ticket and there it is. he never minded me going to a show on a weekday when i was in high school, he'd just say no complaining about being sore or exhausted the next morning and not wanting to go to school because of the night before.

so being used to that suprises me when people say their parents don't let them go to shows.

Holy shit, what the fuck?

NecroRob
07-14-2010, 08:58 PM
i usually just ask money for a ticket and there it is.

:finger2:

xStructualDefect
07-14-2010, 09:04 PM

well i don't overdo it by asking all the time. i'll ask for one maaaybe 2 a month. sometimes i pay for it myself though. but i get money from my dad when needed because i'm going to school full time and am too busy for a job. i also work a lot at my house. i pretty much run my house and do everything around it. i also do a lot of yardwork for a grip of hours a week (i have a gigantic backyard, so there's a lot that needs to be done), so getting money comes from doing a grip of chores and work. so you can't really consider me a spoiled brat who doesn't work at all for his money, because i don't get that much money when it comes down it anyways.

idrinkwine732
07-14-2010, 09:04 PM

:finger2:

I'm not needed here.

idrinkwine732
07-14-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm finally gonna go see fucking Imapled!
And Funerot! And Population Reduction too!

:fist:

Tiny venue too, it'll be great.

larvtard
07-14-2010, 09:09 PM

it's a little thing called school nights... meaning if I go to a show on a weeknight I'll be exhausted and I won't sleep enough and won't focus in school the next day and thus get bad grades blablabla (their point of view).

They forget that I have ADHD- I don't focus in school anyway.

xStructualDefect
07-14-2010, 10:17 PM
it's a little thing called school nights... meaning if I go to a show on a weeknight I'll be exhausted and I won't sleep enough and won't focus in school the next day and thus get bad grades blablabla (their point of view).

They forget that I have ADHD- I don't focus in school anyway.

i used to just suck it up and deal with it the next day at school. i'd be sore and exhausted but that doesn't mean i can't pay attention in class.

ravenheart
07-15-2010, 01:12 AM
i used to just suck it up and deal with it the next day at school. i'd be sore and exhausted but that doesn't mean i can't pay attention in class.

You're a real hero ;)

ChildrenofSodom
07-15-2010, 05:56 AM
IRON MAIDEN!!!!

daimonos
07-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Heavy metal concerts > High School

So when I go to school tired and sore the next day, I just sleep and chill all day.

evildeadjedi
07-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Well, my parents like Sabbath, Ozzy, Ted Nugent, ACDC, Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Deep Purple, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Priest, some Maiden, etc. The only time in my life that they didn't really approve of the music I liked was "my rap stage" in fourth grade :lol: My parents are not racists but, they just couldn't stand rap music since they said it was not music just bass, cuss words, and shouting :lol: They were relieved when I started listening to ACDC and Sabbath again. :horns:

Shows were fine as long as I had an older responsible person with me. I went to many early shows with my friend Brian and his older sister (since she got us both into the more extreme stuff like Slayer, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, etc). Normally, my parents let me go as long as I went to school the next day and my grades didn't slip.

I plan to attend:

7/26 Black Cobra, Howl, Struck By Lightning "
7/28 Earthride, Valkyrie, Eye "
American Carnage in October at The LC.

DethMaiden
07-15-2010, 08:22 AM
My dad always supported my rock n' roll show habit. Not financially like xStructualdefect here, but he's never cared what I want to see because back in the late 70s and throughout the 80s he did the same damn thing. So yeah, I've never been expressly banned from a show by my parents, it's just whether I can pay for a ticket and gas and all that.

daimonos
07-15-2010, 08:43 AM
My dad always supported my rock n' roll show habit. Not financially like xStructualdefect here, but he's never cared what I want to see because back in the late 70s and throughout the 80s he did the same damn thing. So yeah, I've never been expressly banned from a show by my parents, it's just whether I can pay for a ticket and gas and all that.

Same here. Every now and then though, my mom might give me money to pick up a shirt or something while I'm there, but that hasn't happened for a really long time, so I think those days are over. As long as I have a ride, which sometimes has been my dad, and can pay for my ticket, I can go. Back whenever I was a freshman in high school though they never let me go to Mr Smalls Theater because they thought it was too small and dangerous, until me and my dad were going to see FFDP and the show got moved to Mr Smalls and he realized that there wasn't anything to worry about. They used to care about shows being on school nights too, but I haven't heard anything about that for a long time.

Crionics
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm not gonna multi quote you all because there's too many of you ;)

See the thing is, my parents don't think that I'm focused on studying at all, but I am. Today I took a math sat practice (at classes that I'm willing to take!) and if that was the real sat I would have gotten a 636. I'm doing 2 hours of SAT prep everyday at home and I'm also taking all honors and 2 AP classes next year, and I've never gotten below a "B" on a report card. So whenever I want to do extensive jamming with my friend, go to a concert, grow my hair, etc, she says "Oh why are you so focused on that and not studys?" Well Ma..I can't do too much more..She has incredibly high expectations of everyone, and it gets on my Dad's nerves the most (btw my dad is pretty chill about this stuff, although sometimes he's like "you should study a lot more"). Regardless I love my parents but their just so clingy..they want me to go to VCU, since it's close, when I can easily get into JMU or W&M potentially..it's kinda :banghead:

ravenheart
07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm not gonna multi quote you all because there's too many of you ;)

See the thing is, my parents don't think that I'm focused on studying at all, but I am. Today I took a math sat practice (at classes that I'm willing to take!) and if that was the real sat I would have gotten a 636. I'm doing 2 hours of SAT prep everyday at home and I'm also taking all honors and 2 AP classes next year, and I've never gotten below a "B" on a report card. So whenever I want to do extensive jamming with my friend, go to a concert, grow my hair, etc, she says "Oh why are you so focused on that and not studys?" Well Ma..I can't do too much more..She has incredibly high expectations of everyone, and it gets on my Dad's nerves the most (btw my dad is pretty chill about this stuff, although sometimes he's like "you should study a lot more"). Regardless I love my parents but their just so clingy..they want me to go to VCU, since it's close, when I can easily get into JMU or W&M potentially..it's kinda :banghead:

I didn't understand a word of that. Can you translate to "international" please? ;)

NecroRob
07-15-2010, 01:35 PM
i'd be sore and exhausted but that doesn't mean i can't pay attention in class.

You seriously don't even have to pay attention in high school, almost all of it is busy work. The only class I ever had to try in was math because I'm pretty horrid at the subject.

Crionics
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I didn't understand a word of that. Can you translate to "international" please? ;)

:lol:
Sat/SAT- Big ass test that pretty much decides which colleges you can get into (470 or something is average for one subject, 600+ is considered pretty good).
Honors- Classes that are 1 grade level adavanced
AP- Advanced Prep, College Leveled classes taken in High School
VCU- College right in my city, I mean it's kinda good, but I can do better.
JMU- Great college in my state that I could make it into, I think Irritated Trout goes there.
W&M- Second best college in my state and in the top 10 non ivy league schools. I might/should be able to get accepted into it.

TonyD
07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
You seriously don't even have to pay attention in high school, almost all of it is busy work. The only class I ever had to try in was math because I'm pretty horrid at the subject.

True, if you're not taking advanced/AP classes. Then it's as hard or harder than college because you're forced to take busy work classes on top of as many hard classes you are taking.

ravenheart
07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I love how stuff has such different meanings in different places.

Here SATs are way earlier. There are some really early now, like age 10 or something. I didn't do those, but we have always had them at age 13/14. They don't mean anything official. Just used in secondary schools (ages 11-16) to decide which sets (levels of classes in a subject - set 1 = best pupils) you go in for GCSEs (formal exams taken at 16).

Honours here are like an additional feather in the cap for degrees. If you complete everything in your degree and don't fail any part of it, particularly the major end-of-year projects, you get an "Honours degree", which just means you were slightly better than the ones who got the same level of degree as you did.

ravenheart
07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
busy work

:confused:

Crionics
07-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I love how stuff has such different meanings in different places.

Here SATs are way earlier. There are some really early now, like age 10 or something. I didn't do those, but we have always had them at age 13/14. They don't mean anything official. Just used in secondary schools (ages 11-16) to decide which sets (levels of classes in a subject - set 1 = best pupils) you go in for GCSEs (formal exams taken at 16).

Honours here are like an additional feather in the cap for degrees. If you complete everything in your degree and don't fail any part of it, particularly the major end-of-year projects, you get an "Honours degree", which just means you were slightly better than the ones who got the same level of degree as you did.

Wow, haha I would have thought that other countries had the same meaning for honors classes but damn. Just shows how diverse this word is :cool:

TonyD
07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Back on subject I'M EXCITED FOR RUSH. I don't even have a ticket yet :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I think college is about 5x easier than High school.

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 06:51 PM
I think college is about 5x easier than High school.
Wha....?

SomewhereInTime72
07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Very test/project central, and I find those sorts of things very easy. Not to mention more individualistic, and you pretty much learn things on your own and do whatever you want... The whole thing is kind of a breeze.

also i went to one of the most difficult high schools in the country

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Very test/project central, and I find those sorts of things very easy. Not to mention more individualistic, and you pretty much learn things on your own and do whatever you want... The whole thing is kind of a breeze.

also i went to one of the most difficult high schools in the country
Not when you're an engineer....not individual based at all.

SomewhereInTime72
07-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Not when you're an engineer....not individual based at all.

Ehh. I mean I meant individual as in you do things on your own, instead of constantly doing "with the class" or having a large segment of your grade being based in "participation" and everyone doing everything exactly the same way or it doesn't count as correct etc. I'm in the engineering school in my school (computer science yay~) and I still think it's waaaaaay more fun than the ol' high school bullshit (peer review has got to be in my top 5 most hated things EVER).

JLRedWing13
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Ehh. I mean I meant individual as in you do things on your own, instead of constantly doing "with the class" or having a large segment of your grade being based in "participation" and everyone doing everything exactly the same way or it doesn't count as correct etc. I'm in the engineering school in my school (computer science yay~) and I still think it's waaaaaay more fun than the ol' high school bullshit (peer review has got to be in my top 5 most hated things EVER).
Lol, agreed.

ravenheart
07-16-2010, 02:05 AM
peer review has got to be in my top 5 most hated things EVER

Wait until you get into the realms of performance reviews at work...

Sinfulsot
07-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Tickets still outstanding:
9/23 - Iced Earth

Ticket to acquire:
10/17 - Nevermore
And without the assraping convenience fees and service charges!

ravenheart
07-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Just bought tickets for Ricky Warwick and Leaf Hound, both in September.

Waiting for the on sale date to be announced for Trans-Siberian Orchestra next year.

DethMaiden
07-16-2010, 07:02 AM
True, if you're not taking advanced/AP classes. Then it's as hard or harder than college because you're forced to take busy work classes on top of as many hard classes you are taking.

Thank God my junior and senior year I basically only took Honors and AP classes. :lol:

Crionics
07-16-2010, 07:39 AM
We should rename the last 5 pages of this thread to "School and how it affects your concerts"

SomewhereInTime72
07-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Wait until you get into the realms of performance reviews at work...

I would hope that at least the annoying shit you get at work would be slightly more objective but damn... I can really envision that as sucking. :bouville:

JLRedWing13
07-16-2010, 01:38 PM
*checks calendar*

O hai Iron Maiden tomorrow. :D

treghet
07-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Summer Slaughter tour this Sunday! I heard from a girlfriend of one of the Decrepit Birth members that they will *likely* be selling Polarity on the tour. I really hope so. That's why I held back on getting the pre-order.

NecroRob
07-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I still have to wait an entire month for Summer Slaughter :bouville:

JLRedWing13
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Carnival of Madness starts tonight.....

larvtard
07-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Just bought Slayer tickets :)
However, I had to use the American Carnage presale rather than the Slayer presale because the Slayer presale tix were sold out. Both presales were the same price, but I hope there's not a catch...

John The Drummer
07-17-2010, 04:22 PM
If anyone here lives in the Seattle area and is planning on going to Enthroned/D666 on August 19 my band, Funeral Age, is selling tickets. $15, or $20 w/ our new album.

- John

ChildrenofSodom
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
I might go see All That Remains on August 14th. They're playing Woodshock, which is a little redneck festival in Central Ohio. Its a bit of a drive, and I dont know how much it costs.

mastodon421
07-20-2010, 03:52 AM
As I Lay Dying/Between The Buried and Me Tonight:rocker:

Also coming up....
7/27 Mayhem Fest
7/31 Summer Slaughter
8/14 Megadeth/Slayer/Testament(?)
8/21 Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers(might have the chance to go for free)
9/12 Vampire Weekend(?)
9/22 Alice In Chains/Deftones/Mastodon(?)

Crionics
07-20-2010, 05:11 AM
Maiden tonight!

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Just confirmed that I'm seeing Black Cobra/Howl/Struck By Lightning yesterday and got my ticket for Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax today. Fuck yeah. :horns:

mankvill
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Just confirmed that I'm seeing Black Cobra/Howl/Struck By Lightning yesterday and got my ticket for Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax today. Fuck yeah. :horns:

My date is Black Cobra/Phobia/Howl.

wtf indeed.

Anyways:

BlackDiamondSkye tour Oct. 3. FO' FREE.

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
My date is Black Cobra/Phobia/Howl.

wtf indeed.

Well, it's consistent that the headliner is the worst band. :lol: Didn't you get fucked out of seeing SBL the last time they were in Kansas too?

mankvill
07-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, it's consistent that the headliner is the worst band. :lol: Didn't you get fucked out of seeing SBL the last time they were in Kansas too?

Yeah, they were supposed to be with Weedeater/Black Tusk/The Gates Of Slumber but their van fucked up or something.

And then we get Russian Circles instead of them on the Boris tour.

DethMaiden
07-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah, they were supposed to be with Weedeater/Black Tusk/The Gates Of Slumber but their van fucked up or something.

And then we get Russian Circles instead of them on the Boris tour.

Well, Russian Circles are pretty great live too, but yeah, Struck By Lightning need to get their asses into Kansas for ya because they fucking tear it up live.

Natrlhi
07-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Well, Russian Circles are pretty great live too, but yeah, Struck By Lightning need to get their asses into Kansas for ya because they fucking tear it up live.Russian Circles is a mighty good substitute for ANY band, but of course you knew I would say that. :D

SBL is awesome, though - no doubt about that.

TonyD
07-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Cynic is this friday. Stoked.

mankvill
07-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Black Cobra
PHOBIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Howl

tonight

larvtard
07-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I saw Vektor play "Black Future" the other night.

It was the best live song I've ever heard... :rockdevil:

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Black Cobra
Howl

tonight

Setlists for all 3 pls

(esp HOWL)

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 11:55 AM
I saw Vektor play "Black Future" the other night.

It was the best live song I've ever heard... :rockdevil:

:finger2::finger2::finger2:

It's not fair.

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Just bought two tickets to PRIMUS on August 3rd in Cleveburg for TWENTY GOT DAMN DOLLARS.

...and it was from Live Nation, no less. No fees, no hassle. Ten bucks apiece. Out the door. :eek:

I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy

:party: :dance: :party:

DethMaiden
07-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Just bought two tickets to PRIMUS on August 3rd in Cleveburg for TWENTY GOT DAMN DOLLARS.

...and it was from Live Nation, no less. No fees, no hassle. Ten bucks apiece. Out the door. :eek:

I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy
I'm a happy boy

:party: :dance: :party:

Man, for a ten dollar ticket I'd go see Gogol Bordello do an opening set and get home early. :lol:

larvtard
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
:finger2::finger2::finger2:

It's not fair.

I think I even saw your post on their Facebook wall about them not going to SF :lol:
Those guys have really got it down live, though. I only saw that song before I had to leave, which really sucks, but I'll make sure to see them again if I get the chance.

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Man, for a ten dollar ticket I'd go see Gogol Bordello do an opening set and get home early. :lol:
Yeah, I was wondering how long it would take you to come along and try to burst my bubble. ;)

Seriously, though - you have PRIMUS misread the same way Manks does TOOL.
Both bands may have fans that can be fucktards, but then so does every band.
It's about the music, son...THE MUSIC.

...and Primus makes some of the most funkyweirdcool music this side of the funny farm, brah. Seriously.
Les Claypool is a bass playing god. Period.

Neither o' y'all bruthahs knows what y'all's talkin' 'bout hatin' on my boyz PRIMUS and / or TOOL.

I love both bands, so I win. Twice.

:D WIN :D WIN :bigfinger

DethMaiden
07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I was wondering how long it would take you to come along and try to burst my bubble. ;)

Seriously, though - you have PRIMUS misread the same way Manks does TOOL.
Both bands may have fans that can be fucktards, but then so does every band.
It's about the music, son...THE MUSIC.

...and Primus makes some of the most funkyweirdcool music this side of the funny farm, brah. Seriously.
Les Claypool is a bass playing god. Period.

Neither o' y'all bruthahs knows what y'all's talkin' 'bout hatin' on my boyz PRIMUS and / or TOOL.

I love both bands, so I win. Twice.

:D WIN :D WIN :bigfinger

Yeah, see, that argument is my least favorite argument ever. Yngwie Malmsteen is a guitar-playing god, and I will never get any enjoyment out of listening to him either. What the fuck does it matter how good Les Claypool is at bass? I hate the music he makes with it!

But your tastes are 99% good so I won't bitch you out. Make sure you get there in time for Gogol Bordello. They rule. ;)

PowerMaiden
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
HEAVY MTL fest. this saturday ...

36 Crazifists
Skeletonwitch
Baptized In Blood
High On Fire
Melissa Auf Der Maur (ex Smashing Pumpkins)
Kataklysm
Fear Factory
Anvil
Testament
Rob Halford
Mastodon
Slayer
Alice Cooper
Megadeth

bands in bold are the ones I will be seiing, the first band on starts at 12:45 so I'll arive around 3 or 4 in the afternoon so maybe I'll catch Kataklysm, Anvil & Fear Factory also

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Crionics
07-21-2010, 02:43 PM
HEAVY MTL fest. this saturday ...

36 Crazifists
Skeletonwitch
Baptized In Blood
High On Fire
Melissa Auf Der Maur (ex Smashing Pumpkins)
Kataklysm
Fear Factory
Anvil
Testament
Rob Halford
Mastodon
Slayer
Alice Cooper
Megadeth

bands in bold are the ones I will be seiing, the first band on starts at 12:45 so I'll arive around 3 or 4 in the afternoon so maybe I'll catch Kataklysm, Anvil & Fear Factory also

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Try to check out Skeletonwitch and High on Fire if you can, great bill btw!

mankvill
07-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Did someone in this thread just imply that Gogol Bordello is good?

DethMaiden
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Did someone in this thread just imply that Gogol Bordello is good?

Didn't imply it. Came right out and said it. :finger:

mankvill
07-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Didn't imply it. Came right out and said it. :finger:

"Came right out" is correct.

mastodon421
07-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Black Cobra
Howl

tonight

Should be a good one. Howl setlist please.

mankvill
07-21-2010, 03:21 PM

I know nothing by them, but I'll try.

Also: Misfits in November.

DethMaiden
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM

Those ain't the Misfits. :nonono:

mankvill
07-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Those ain't the Misfits. :nonono:

:lol: I know. But I still figure it'd be fun.

ravenheart
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM

And tell them to get the fuck to Europe.

Wizzbang11
07-21-2010, 05:22 PM

:wallbang:

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Enter legion of question marks.

7/23: Cynic
7/24: Giant Squid (@ Tidal Wave)
8/1: BTBAM (?)
8/6: Impaled
8/10: Kataklysm (?)
8/14: Ozzfest
8/17: Enthroned/Destroyer 666 (?)
8/23: Summer Slaughter (?)
8/31: American Carnage
9/12: Sleep
10/23: Triptykon

Natrlhi
07-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Enter legion of question marks.

7/24: Giant Squid (@ Tidal Wave)

You'd better make it this time, fuckface.

idrinkwine732
07-21-2010, 08:27 PM
You'd better make it this time, fuckface.

Hey! This is their first show in the Bay since like...a year or two ago...

Only a 30 or 40 min set, but it's free!

evildeadjedi
07-22-2010, 08:14 AM
:lol: I know. But I still figure it'd be fun.

Exactly, at least they still have three grizzled veteran punk rockers in the band. Dez and Robo played in Black Flag for many years and Robo played for The Misfits back in 83' for Earth AD/Wolfsblood. Only like it or not has been in The Misfits since shortly after they started.

mankvill
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
8/17: Enthroned/Destroyer 666 (?)
8/23: Summer Slaughter (?)

Lemme make this easier on you. Fuck Summer Slaughter, go to Enthroned/D666

Natrlhi
07-22-2010, 12:15 PM

Seconded.

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Kansas tomorrow night. ;)

Wizzbang11
07-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine!
Woohoo!

evildeadjedi
07-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine!
Woohoo!

Holy shit Jello is still touring!:eek:

ravenheart
07-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Saturday:

ZZ Top
Heaven & Hell
Saxon
Cathedral
Bigelf
Orange Goblin
The Union

Sunday:

Down
Opeth
Clutch
High On Fire
Audrey Horne
Lethargy

ravenheart
07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Holy shit Jello is still touring!:eek:

Played at Roadburn in April.

evildeadjedi
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Played at Roadburn in April.

I had never heard of his new group but, it says they are hardcore punk so I will check out their album.

NecroRob
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
8/6: Impaled

Fuck you.

Or go to both like me :cool:

ravenheart
07-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I had never heard of his new group but, it says they are hardcore punk so I will check out their album.

By Roadburn I did of course mean Hellfest... and therefore June.

JLRedWing13
07-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Cynic is my next show.

IrritatedTrout
07-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Had to drop American Carnage in Camden next month. I'll go to the second leg in Baltimore instead because it's cheaper, closer, and on a more convenient day. Hate to trade Testament for Anthrax though.

Dextrimental
07-22-2010, 05:30 PM
As of now, my calendar from September onwards includes:

Reckless Love w/ Jettblack (Not a glam fan, but its cheap and in a nice club, so me and my buddies are just gonna go and have a few pints and a sing along!)
Bill Bailey
Cancer Bats
Exodus
Airbourne
Diamond Head

Unconfirmed dates from both Korn and Avenged Sevenfold, if both are confirmed I will be hitting both :)

For the rest of the Summer, I have IRON MAIDEN, then Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse, one day after the other :D

NecroRob
07-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Cynic is my next show.

If I was 21 I'd be seeing Cynic on Sunday :mad:

Fuck you, Capitol Hill Block Party :finger2:

idrinkwine732
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I see Cynic tomorrow, and Giant Squid on Saturday!

Maiden33
07-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Had to drop American Carnage in Camden next month. I'll go to the second leg in Baltimore instead because it's cheaper, closer, and on a more convenient day. Hate to trade Testament for Anthrax though.

IMO you traded up, but that's a whole other thread.

idrinkwine732
07-22-2010, 06:09 PM

:finger::finger::finger:

evildeadjedi
07-22-2010, 06:24 PM

:agree:

mankvill
07-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Ben Folds tomorrow

Gonna mosh

ravenheart
07-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Reckless Love w/ Jettblack (Not a glam fan, but its cheap and in a nice club, so me and my buddies are just gonna go and have a few pints and a sing along!)

Jettblack rock. Reckless Love suck. Just go hit the bar after Jettblack.

Derelict
07-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Saturday:

ZZ Top
Heaven & Hell
Saxon
Cathedral
Bigelf
Orange Goblin
The Union

Sunday:

Down
Opeth
Clutch
High On Fire
Audrey Horne
Lethargy

Opeth and Clutch at the same festival is pretty much perfect.

ravenheart
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
The Cathedral, Saxon, Bigelf 1-2-3 is the big deal for me.

And of course the last ever Heaven & Hell show.

I'm just a bit pissed I have to miss BLS. Their biggest exclusives at this event are H&H, ELP, BLS, ZZ Top and Transatlantic and they've clashed H&H with both Transatlantic and BLS.

And clashed ELP with Marillion on Sunday.

Seriously, that's just dumb.

DethMaiden
07-23-2010, 10:22 AM

Yeah, uh, what? There's gonna be a lot of seriously torn prog nuts.

evildeadjedi
07-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Opeth and Clutch at the same festival is pretty much perfect.

Exactly!

TonyD
07-23-2010, 11:27 AM
The Cathedral, Saxon, Bigelf 1-2-3 is the big deal for me.

And of course the last ever Heaven & Hell show.

I'm just a bit pissed I have to miss BLS. Their biggest exclusives at this event are H&H, ELP, BLS, ZZ Top and Transatlantic and they've clashed H&H with both Transatlantic and BLS.

That's the one thing that's better about American festivals.
Except there are only 2 or 3 bands you would want to see playing all day anyway.

bt11763
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM
trying to decide my next show, mayhem tomorrow with the possibility of seeing crowbar play a secret show, even though i already have a ticket to mayhem next week...or fear factor/after the burial/36cf. fack. :bouville:

larvtard
07-23-2010, 11:54 AM
trying to decide my next show, mayhem tomorrow with the possibility of seeing crowbar play a secret show, even though i already have a ticket to mayhem next week...or fear factor/after the burial/36cf. fack. :bouville:

Save your money?

ravenheart
07-23-2010, 12:10 PM
That's the one thing that's better about American festivals.
Except there are only 2 or 3 bands you would want to see playing all day anyway.

Most festivals aren't as dumb as this one. Clashes are inevitable, and everyone accepts that but knows they'll pretty much have bands to see all day.

The fuck up here is clashing the wrong bands, and having sets overlap by a stupid 5/10 minutes because for some reason they think staggered time slots so people can watch a few songs by all the bands is what people want to do at festivals. Which is only true for shitty indie and pop festivals full of people who don't care about the music (as evidenced by most of them selling out before any bands have even been announced).

ravenheart
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM

What? Crowbar secret show all day long. That's not even a choice.

TonyD
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Cynic is just hours away

idrinkwine732
07-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Cynic is just hours away

Yo!

I'm excited too

I'll be rockin' the Symbolic shirt.

JLRedWing13
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM

Lies. :flame:

bt11763
07-23-2010, 08:38 PM
What? Crowbar secret show all day long. That's not even a choice.

well it wasn't 100%, that was the only thing that made me wonder because i didn't want to go up there no knowing and turn out it wasn't gonna happen.

Save your money?

that's what i'm doing now :3

larvtard
07-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Warped tomorrow.

I have a huge dilemma. Like most other people, I have to wear band t-shirts at shows/concerts. It's the rule. But I only have black-colored band shirts, and I'd rather not wear black in the Georgia heat (95 degrees).

Wizzbang11
07-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Warped tomorrow.

I have a huge dilemma. Like most other people, I have to wear band t-shirts at shows/concerts. It's the rule. But I only have black-colored band shirts, and I'd rather not wear black in the Georgia heat (95 degrees).

The only good bands at Warped tour don't give a fuck what you wear ;)
go with white.

daimonos
07-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Get a white T shirt and write FUCK DEATHCORE or something negative about Bring me the Horizon on it :lol:

larvtard
07-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Get a white T shirt and write FUCK DEATHCORE or something negative about Bring me the Horizon on it :lol:

That's actually an amazing idea :eek:

I could also print logos on there. I think thrashers do that. It may be too late though...

larvtard
07-25-2010, 04:57 PM
something negative about Bring me the Horizon on it :lol:

Bring Me The Anal Lube (my nickname for them)

but I don't really like attracting that much attention to myself

TonyD
07-25-2010, 05:01 PM
The only good bands at Warped tour don't give a fuck what you wear ;)
go with white.

What bands?

mankvill
07-25-2010, 05:04 PM
My friends had a really crappy band that was really popular with scene kids and I went to their house shows a lot to videotape them, and the last time I saw them, my friend and I made shirts to piss off the scene kids. My shirt said "GEORGE W BUSH: BEST PRESIDENT EVER" on the front and "GW IN 08" on the back. It was amazing.

Wizzbang11
07-25-2010, 05:42 PM
What bands?

GBH, Discharge.

mankvill
07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
GBH, Discharge.

only on Cali dates.

Wizzbang11
07-25-2010, 05:47 PM
only on Cali dates.

Oh. Why are people going then?

mankvill
07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh. Why are people going then?

Ey Dub Kay
Dillinger
Nostalgia bands

At least, that's why I'm going.

DethMaiden
07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
I have a huge dilemma. Like most other people, I have to wear band t-shirts at shows/concerts. It's the rule.

This is really, really, really fucking silly.

larvtard
07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
only on Cali dates.

nah, GBH is at the Atlanta date. But the only other hardcore band we have are The Casualties. We aren't getting any of the good punk/hardcore/ska bands that are pretty much exclusively in Cali, except for maybe a couple

eh?

mankvill
07-25-2010, 05:51 PM

I usually do. But that's mostly because most of my shirts are bands shirts. :lol:

Unless it's a huge band like Slayer or Maiden, I don't usually wear a shirt of the headlining band. I usually wear a shirt that is in the same genre or one for an opening band if I really like them.

idrinkwine732
07-25-2010, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I agree. I usually end up doing it anyway, more because it's just what I wear, but I don't feel obligated.

DethMaiden
07-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I agree. I usually end up doing it anyway, more because it's just what I wear, but I don't feel obligated.

Exactly. I've definitely worn non-band tees to lots of shows just because that's what I put on that morning. In fact, lately I've hardly worn band tees to shows at all. It's not like I want to be called out for a cool shirt. Guess what, breh, everybody in here has a band shirt. None among you are special.

mankvill
07-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Exactly. I've definitely worn non-band tees to lots of shows just because that's what I put on that morning. In fact, lately I've hardly worn band tees to shows at all.

POSAHHHH

larvtard
07-25-2010, 05:58 PM
okay...maybe it isn't a rule perse...

it feels right, though.

But then again, if people wear band shirts to concerts to impress others, well, that doesn't apply to me, because none of the kids at Warped will know any of my bands ;)

Wizzbang11
07-25-2010, 06:16 PM
It's not like I want to be called out for a cool shirt. Guess what, breh, everybody in here has a band shirt. None among you are special.

Dude I have met so many cool people based upon what shirts they are wearing. I make a point to talk to people with obscure/awesome band shirts and usually it ends up being completely worthwhile. I will talk to people in random or meh band shirts, but I don't go out of my way to like I would should I see a guy in an Angelcorpse shirt(this happened last night :) ) With the exception of GWAR and Maiden I don't really plan what shirts I wear, but most of the time they are band shirts since that it most of my wardrobe. Plus I usually buy shirts at shows and throw em on..so I often end up with a shirt of a band that's playing.

idrinkwine732
07-25-2010, 06:18 PM
guy in an Angelcorpse shirt(this happened last night :).

Where?

mankvill
07-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I really don't have that many obscure band shirts. Someone was totally stoked I was wearing a Magrudergrind shirt at the Black Cobra show, and some dude at Ben Folds was flabbergasted that I was wearing a Phobia shirt at Ben Folds. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
07-25-2010, 06:24 PM
I fucking lost my Emperor shirt. No idea where it went.

Wizzbang11
07-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Where?

My band played at Jose's Lounge Underground which is a tiny bar underneath a Mexican restaurant in Monterey. We play there a lot and there usually arent to many cool people, since it's Monterey. One of the bands we were playing with (Ontogeny) had a guitarist in an Angelcorpse shirt, he was awesome, but their music wasn't like Angelcorpse at all.

DethMaiden
07-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Well I got two comments at Maiden for my Joey Votto jersey, so there! :D

daimonos
07-26-2010, 10:44 AM
TOM G. MOTHERFUCKING WARRIOR!!!!

and 1349.

:horns:

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Well I got two comments at Maiden for my Joey Votto jersey, so there! :D

Do you feel validated?

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Do you feel validated?

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/New+York+Mets+v+Cincinnati+Reds+EwQ3z5Ejmoxl.jpg

DO YOU FEEL HUMBLED?

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't even know who that is or what he's doing. Is that some kind of sport? ;)

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't even know who that is or what he's doing. Is that some kind of sport? ;)

It's just a vast improvement on whatever the hell this is:

http://www.hillsplymouthcc.co.uk/resources/cricket.jpg

:confused: ;)

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Is that a no?

DethMaiden
07-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Is that a no?

:lol: :lol: Sure.

Give us Americans credit though, our culture definitely diverged from yours in a hurry after the Revolution. Not calling it better or worse, but our sports, food, and damn near everything except movies and music evolved a hell of a lot differently than yours.

evildeadjedi
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Warped tomorrow.

Actually, the only rule I go by is not wearing the shirt of the band I'm seeing. I wear non-band shirts to shows sometimes but, most of my shirts are band/music related so it's not often. I hate the fact that most of my shirts are black I have some non black ones:

Three Clutch ones that are not black, they are forest green, navy blue and rust.
A white The Sword one.
A white GWAR one.
A blue The Vandals one.

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 12:32 PM
:lol: :lol: Sure.

Give us Americans credit though, our culture definitely diverged from yours in a hurry after the Revolution. Not calling it better or worse, but our sports, food, and damn near everything except movies and music evolved a hell of a lot differently than yours.

That's true, you got very "American" as quickly as possible ;)

Made up some sports, added grease to all known foods... all very impressive ;)

idrinkwine732
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
added grease to all known foods

Don't forget a whole shit ton of butter.

idrinkwine732
07-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Is that a no?

If there is a fucking tea break in the middle of your game, then it's not a sport. I don't care what you're playing.

ravenheart
07-26-2010, 01:05 PM
:lol: That doesn't even begin to make sense.

mastodon421
07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
okay...maybe it isn't a rule perse...

it feels right, though.

But then again, if people wear band shirts to concerts to impress others, well, that doesn't apply to me, because none of the kids at Warped will know any of my bands ;)

You'd be surprised. When I went to Warped two weeks ago I saw people wearing Warbringer,Autopsy,Cannibal Corpse,Skeletonwitch,Celtic Frost and Amon Amrath shirts.

Fires Of Sedition
07-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Just saw that Vital Remains is coming to The Marquee next month and Kataklysm will be there in September. Woot!

Derelict
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
I forgot how much healthier England is than the US...here's a list of the five fattest countries in the world

Top of the table (per cent)

United States - 32.2

Scotland - 25.5

Mexico - 24.2

UK (as a whole) - 23

England - 22.5

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2532694.ece

Sinfulsot
07-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I forgot how much healthier England is than the US...here's a list of the five fattest countries in the world

United States - 32.2

Scotland - 25.5

Mexico - 24.2

UK (as a whole) - 23

England - 22.5

I hate that we, as a nation, are fat and sloppy.

larvtard
07-26-2010, 08:22 PM
You'd be surprised. When I went to Warped two weeks ago I saw people wearing Warbringer,Autopsy,Cannibal Corpse,Skeletonwitch,Celtic Frost and Amon Amrath shirts.

I saw Behemoth, Slayer, and Soilwork...hahaha

ravenheart
07-27-2010, 01:54 AM

United States - 32.2

Scotland - 25.5

Mexico - 24.2

UK (as a whole) - 23

England - 22.5

Fucking Scotland... always dragging us down ;)

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2010, 02:46 AM

Nah, its that damned socialist grandpa-killing medicine.

mastodon421
07-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Mayhem Fest Today.

larvtard
07-27-2010, 09:07 AM
slaughter today. I won't be able to headbang :mad:

Damn you, Dillinger Escape Plan :finger2:

mankvill
07-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Russian Circles in November

makethemsuffer12
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Mayhem tomorrow.

daimonos
07-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmm should I go to KISS on thursday or not?

es156
07-27-2010, 08:20 PM

:lol:

MunicipalWasted
07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Russian Circles in November

We're really fucked on metal shows, huh?

mankvill
07-27-2010, 10:56 PM

:confused:

Mammoth Grinder = Aug. 5
Boris = Aug. 15
Bane/Trapped Under Ice = Aug. 20
Slayer/Megadeth = Aug. 23
Enthroned/Destroyer 666 = Aug. 24
Godhate = Aug. 30
Hellbastard = Sept. 21
Nachtmystium = Sept. 29
BlackDiamondSkye = Oct. 3
Early Man/Evile/BBB = Oct. 18
Russian Circles = Nov. 23

Not to mention all the insane local shows that are going on. Plus, we always get a lot of concerts in October that haven't been announced yet.

Where've you been? :shred:

Sinfulsot
07-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Still contemplating 8/7 Boris. I hooliganized some of their catalog, but i haven't even listened to it yet. i'm such a poseur.

Natrlhi
07-29-2010, 05:07 AM

I was thinking this, too - but more because of the color of the shirt aspect than whether it has a band's logo on it or not. Wearing black is probably hotter than white, but the difference is so marginal, it really doesn't matter. If you're out there in the sun in the 95-degree heat - and in a mosh pit, no less - then you're gonna sweat your balls off any way you look at it. What the fuck's the difference if your body temp is x degrees or (x + 1) degrees?

Natrlhi
07-29-2010, 05:16 AM
What the fuck are you driving at, mister?

larvtard
07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
I was thinking this, too - but more because of the color of the shirt aspect than whether it has a band's logo on it or not. Wearing black is probably hotter than white, but the difference is so marginal, it really doesn't matter. If you're out there in the sun in the 95-degree heat - and in a mosh pit, no less - then you're gonna sweat your balls off any way you look at it. What the fuck's the difference if your body temp is x degrees or (x + 1) degrees?

you're right, I still did sweat my balls off, and I didn't even mosh either :lol:. But I don't care to know how much worse black would have been.

mastodon421
07-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Summer Slaughter on Saturday

ravenheart
07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Just found out Exodus are coming to the UK for a headlining run before starting the Thrashfest package tour with Kreator and Death Angel in mainland Europe (which I will be catching in Paris).

Also waiting for the confirmation of the London date of Annihilator's tour. Glenn Hughes has announced a run, and there's a package tour with Skeletonwitch, Warbringer and Angelus Apatrida, the latter of which being the one I'm most interested in.

As such, my forthcoming schedule now looks a little like this:

August
26 - Ed Kowalczyk

September
16 Warbringer + Angelus Apatrida
17 Leaf Hound
21 Ricky Warwick
26 Blind Guardian + Steelwing

October
05 Glenn Hughes
16 Hendrix Alive Project
19 Joe Satriani + Simon McBride
22 Alter Bridge
26 Kiuas
31 Therion + Loch Vostok + Leprous

November
10 Richie Kotzen
23 Exodus
27 Arch Enemy

December
02 Shrinebuilder
03 Cathedral
05 Helloween
10 Paul Weller
13 Kreator + Exodus + Death Angel + Suicidal Angels
19 Solace + Firebird

Annihilator still to be confirmed, then Thin Lizzy, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Europe in for next year already.

NecroRob
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
My next show that will end my month and a half drought without a show will be the Hunting Parties Fest thingy with Dropdead, Brainoil, Agrimonia, Iron Lung, Samothrace, and Deathraid on Saturday.

mankvill
07-29-2010, 04:03 PM
My next show that will end my month and a half drought without a show will be the Hunting Parties Fest thingy with Dropdead, Brainoil, Agrimonia, Iron Lung, Samothrace, and Deathraid on Saturday.

:party:

Tell Samothrace that Lawrence misses them.

mankvill
07-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Behemoth
Featuring:

* Watain,
* Withered
* & Black Anvil

Tuesday, November 9th 2010 7:30pm

treghet
07-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Behemoth
Featuring:

* Watain,
* Withered
* & Black Anvil

Tuesday, November 9th 2010 7:30pm

I looked around on some of the venue websites and I can't find where they're playing here. They need to announce those dates!

idrinkwine732
07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
I looked around on some of the venue websites and I can't find where they're playing here. They need to announce those dates!

We'll know by this time next week, methinks.

Derelict
07-31-2010, 06:42 AM

There's a NYC and Atlanta date posted on ticketmaster.

makethemsuffer12
07-31-2010, 07:22 AM
There's a NYC and Atlanta date posted on ticketmaster.

??? No, I just checked now, there's nothing there.

ShatteredFlame
07-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Boris, Russian Circles, Torche this Friday :party:

Might go to Rock the Bells on 8/28 but I'm not sure if its worth it and my friends are starting to back out, but if they go, I will. I've never really been to a rap concert, let alone a festival but I love most of the groups playing there so I think I will have a fun time.

Then there is Triton Festival on Coney Island starting 9/3, I'm only interested in day 1 for Celldweller. It would be amazing to see him live.

Then I finally get to see Katatonia on 9/10

larvtard
07-31-2010, 08:35 AM

Oh, well I've known about the Atlanta date for a while now. It's on a Friday so I'll probably go. Then again, it is 18 bucks...

I need to listen to more Behemoth.

makethemsuffer12
07-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Oh, well I've known about the Atlanta date for a while now. It's on a Friday so I'll probably go. Then again, it is 18 bucks...

I need to listen to more Behemoth.

...That's a bad thing?

And yes, listen to more Behemoth. NOW.

larvtard
07-31-2010, 08:53 AM
...That's a bad thing?

And yes, listen to more Behemoth. NOW.

you got any recommendations? I listened to Demigod and it was just okay.

makethemsuffer12
07-31-2010, 08:58 AM
you got any recommendations? I listened to Demigod and it was just okay.

Demigod is an awesome album, so if you don't like that one, you probably won't be super crazy about their others. I would say to give Demigod another listen and check out Evangelion and Zos Kia Cultus.

treghet
07-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Listen to their new album. It seems to be their strongest and most diverse in songwriting. Also, Zos Kia Cultus (Here and Beyond) is a great album.

Edit: I was beaten! But I guess that reinforces that those three are their best releases.

larvtard
07-31-2010, 09:04 AM
I've heard a lot about Evangelion so I'll listen to that for sure, as well as Zos Kia Cultus. Thanks guys. Also, I liked the music on Demigod, but I didn't think the songs were very memorable.

daimonos
07-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Evangelion is a very strong album, and all of Behemoth's albums are, really. I would say The Apostasy is the weakest though. But I definitely second checking out Evangelion, Zos Kia Cultus, and possibly Satanica and Thelema.6. Go ahead and give Demigod another listen too :lol:

larvtard
07-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Zos Kia Cultus was very good, I especially liked "The Harlet ov The Saints"

daimonos
07-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Zos Kia Cultus was very good, I especially liked "The Harlet ov The Saints"

That's a great song. I feel like listening to that album now...

Oh, and As Above So Below is one of the heaviest songs ever written ;)

You gotta see it live! :blaze:

Derelict
07-31-2010, 10:43 AM

Yeah just checked again, not there anymore. Was the week of thanksgiving I think

daimonos
07-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Just found out that the band Iron Thrones is playing about 10 minutes from my house tomorrow night. My main reason for going however, is because Sathanas, a long running local black/death metal band is playing, and I have yet to see them.

Should be awesome.

daimonos
07-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Just found out that the band Iron Thrones is playing about 10 minutes from my house tomorrow night. My main reason for going however, is because Sathanas, a long running local black/death metal band is playing, and I have yet to see them.

Should be awesome.

Damnit just found out it's 18+ :mad:

Derelict
07-31-2010, 12:30 PM
American Carnage - 8/15 - Camden, NJ
Katatonia/Swallow the Sun/Orphaned land - 9/9 Philly, PA
Tyr - 9/11 - Clifton, NJ

mankvill
07-31-2010, 12:40 PM
T-minus 15 days until Boris. I can't WAIT.

JLRedWing13
07-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Cynic TOMORROW :party:

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Cynic TOMORROW :party:

Fuck you J, Rush sucks.

I have a week until my next show...:(

mankvill
07-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Fuck you J, Rush sucks.

but

it's

Impaled

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 02:40 PM
but

it's

Impaled

But it's sooo far away!

DethMaiden
07-31-2010, 02:41 PM
But it's sooo far away!

:flame: I see one show a month on average, fool. Don't bitch about a week. Move to the Midwest, and cry more.

mankvill
07-31-2010, 02:41 PM
But it's sooo far away!

*rips your peepee off*

treghet
07-31-2010, 02:46 PM
:flame: I see one show a month on average, fool. Don't bitch about a week. Move to the Midwest, and cry more.

I would die there. I'm so happy I live in Southern California where pretty much every tour comes to. :D

DethMaiden
07-31-2010, 02:48 PM
I would die there. I'm so happy I live in Southern California where pretty much every tour comes to. :D

Eh, I see something like 15 shows per year on average, and honestly I couldn't in good conscience afford to see many more. I'm okay with it.

mankvill
07-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Eh, I see something like 15 shows per year on average, and honestly I couldn't in good conscience afford to see many more. I'm okay with it.

23 so far this year :party:

idrinkwine732
07-31-2010, 03:19 PM

If there are two places in this entire world I won't ever live in, it's Tehran and the Midwestern United States.

I'll be making about 21 shows this year, which is great for me. If I lived down there I'd easily be at 30 by now. SF still gets quite a few shows. Like you, I would die without frequent concerts to go to.

It's like cocaine to me...:snivel:Anyone here got Sleep tickets...:eyes:?

ravenheart
07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
18 and two festivals so far. 17 minimum to come.

JLRedWing13
07-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Fuck you J, Rush sucks.

Oh, you brought the meme over here....

By the end of this coming week I will have surpassed the 20 show benchmark.

mankvill
08-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Warped Tour tomorrow

My date:

* After Midnight Project
* Alesana
* Alkaline Trio
* AM Taxi
* Anarbor
* Andrew W.K.
* Artist Vs Poet
* Attack Attack (for da lolz)
* Automatic Loveletter
* Beachers Madhouse
* Breathe Carolina
* Breathe Electric
* Closure in Moscow
* Confide
* Deals Gone Bad
* Deas Vail
* Dirty Little Rabbits
* Disco Curtis
* Emarosa
* Emmure
* Every Time I Die
* Eyes Set To Kill
* Face To Face
* Fake Problems
* Far From Finished
* Fight Fair
* Flatfoot 56
* Four Year Strong
* Gardening Not Architecture
* Haste The Day
* Hey Monday
* Hot Chelle Rae
* I Can Make A Mess Like Nobodys Business
* In Fear and Faith
* iwrestledabearonce
* Left Alone
* Mayday Parade
* Mike Posner
* Natural High
* NeverShoutNever
* Of Mice and Men
* Parkway Drive
* Passafire
* Pennywise
* Pierce The Veil
* Reel Big Fish
* Riverboat Gamblers
* Set Your Goals
* Suicide Silence
* Sum 41
* Terrible Things
* The Cab
* The Casualties
* The Dillinger Escape Plan
* The Early Strike
* The Pretty Reckless
* The Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band
* The Rocket Summer
* The Sparring
* The Summer Set
* The Word Alive
* This Time Next Year!
* vanna
* VersaEmerge
* We Are The In Crowd
* We The Kings
* Whitechapel
* You Me At Six

Bold is who I plan on seeing. Any others?

ravenheart
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Do you know the running order? I find it hard to believe unless some of those are playing about 20 minutes each that you'll get to see all of those in one day without clashing.

mankvill
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Do you know the running order? I find it hard to believe unless some of those are playing about 20 minutes each that you'll get to see all of those in one day without clashing.

Warped Tour has like 8 stages and I know the 2 main stages are staggered so as soon as one band ends, the band on the other starts up right away.

idrinkwine732
08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Oh, you brought the meme over here....

By the end of this coming week I will have surpassed the 20 show benchmark.

I will after Sleep, and only have Triptykon after that. Hopefully I get a Behemoth show, and maybe one or two more.

ChildrenofSodom
08-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I might go to Cleveland Sept. 14 to see Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, and Orphaned Land. Its two days before I go back to school, and its only 15 bucks.

ravenheart
08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Warped Tour has like 8 stages and I know the 2 main stages are staggered so as soon as one band ends, the band on the other starts up right away.

They'd still have to play tiny sets each.

xStructualDefect
08-01-2010, 03:42 PM

Warped Tour has one main stage now. i think they only started doing that this or last year.

SomewhereInTime72
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Boris, Torche, Russian Circles this friday! :party:

mankvill
08-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Boris, Torche, Russian Circles this friday! :party:

boris set plz~!