PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
All this decision-making is why I basically don't want to go to a big festival, or if I did, would probably stand in one place the whole time.

At the really big festivals, like Wacken and Download, it's shit. Picking one shitty half hour set over another shitty half hour set and ridiculous overlaps.

The SRF timetable is the best there is, generally speaking. They try to clash bands of completely different genres to try to minimise the problems for fans, and alternate the main stage with the biggest two supporting stages.

Plus, everyone gets at least an hour except on the tiny stage, which is mostly unsigned bands.

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM
At the really big festivals, like Wacken and Download, it's shit. Picking one shitty half hour set over another shitty half hour set and ridiculous overlaps.

The SRF timetable is the best there is, generally speaking. They try to clash bands of completely different genres to try to minimise the problems for fans, and alternate the main stage with the biggest two supporting stages.

Plus, everyone gets at least an hour except on the tiny stage, which is mostly unsigned bands.

Scion Rock Fest had four stages (well, four venues on one street) and I stayed front row in one place the whole time, and I think it was definitely the right call. I'm going to go to Maryland Death Fest in 2012, and I don't know how that works, and the only way I see myself going to a European festival is if My Dying Bride makes some announcement that one will be their last gig and they still haven't made it over to the States - which I more or less suspect will be the case.

But I suppose if you have a battle plan, it's gonna be a rockin' time. :D

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
But I suppose if you have a battle plan, it's gonna be a rockin' time. :D

Totally, and since I basically don't like death or black metal, or the really super-gay AOR side of rock, which is big with the SRF crowd, I usually benefit from the clashing of different genres, as I like basically everything else in rock and metal.

Last year I watched:

Jon Oliva's Pain
Rage
Candlemass
Blackfoot
Forbidden
Grand Magus
Impelliterri
Tim Ripper Owens
Amon Amarth
ZZ Top
Witchcraft
Dream Theater
Enforcer
Deathstars
Demon
Sevendust (not surprisingly, they were shit)
Volbeat
Voivod
Innocent Rosie
Eric Sardinas
Torch

So good, I didn't even bother with the headliners (Heaven & Hell, In Flames, Uriah Heep, Twisted Sister), or the second stage headliners (HammerFall, Europe, Motorhead).

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't see how it could be awful, unless perhaps Dave's microphone was off and his guitar unplugged. :confused:

It's plugged in... he just doesn't bother playing it.

I can't say I'm familiar with Bigelf. I like Cathedral of course, and well, you know my feelings on GnR these days. :tongue: I have never seen Grave Digger or Dream Evil. I don't believe either band frequents the states.

Bigelf are my new favourite band. A mate told me about them, and I liked what I heard, then they opened Dream Theater's Progressive Nation tour last year and were absolutely awesome. I immediately saw them play a tiny, tiny club show in London a few days later, and again absolutely amazing.

I had to miss them in February when they came back again because it was the same night as Overkill (the fact that Bigelf had already confirmed for Sweden Rock by that point helped that particular decision a little... although I think Overkill would have won anyway).

Yes, considering all those points, I was going to suggest maybe stage hopping, if that's even possible, not sure what the set up will be like. Start with Danzig and if he is not all you dreamed he would be, head over to Jorn's stage.

Stage-hopping is possible, I just hate missing songs. And they are playing at exactly the same time. At least with, say, the Winger-Raven clash, I can watch 15 mins of Winger before Raven even start, and if Winger suck, bail out and watch all of Raven.

I think Danzig is going to win purely by virtue of being nearer the end of his career, and touring so rarely. And they're not playing England at all on this tour, which is sometimes a deciding factor.

I'm skipping Death Angel, for instance, because I'm seeing them open for Nevermore next month.

Yeah that's a tough call, all points considered. I agree on Raven and Wingers new ones both being quite good! BUT will either band even being playing any of their new stuff, that's something to consider as well.

They both definitely will, the question will be just how much. I'm probably equally familiar with their older material too. Actually, I probably know more Raven. I can see the other band on the small stage swinging this one, when they get confirmed.

Indeed! And I thought it was difficult figuring out the M3 schedule last year, and there were just two stages and most of the bands were not nearly as good as what you are dealing with.

M3 looks great this year. Are you going?

mankvill
04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm going to go to Maryland Death Fest in 2012, and I don't know how that works

Sonar has a main stage and a couple smaller stages inside, but I think they only utilize the main stage for MDF + an outside big stage.

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Bigelf are my new favourite band. A mate told me about them, and I liked what I heard, then they opened Dream Theater's Progressive Nation tour last year and were absolutely awesome. I immediately saw them play a tiny, tiny club show in London a few days later, and again absolutely amazing.

hmmm, I'll have to give them a listen!

I had to miss them in February when they came back again because it was the same night as Overkill (the fact that Bigelf had already confirmed for Sweden Rock by that point helped that particular decision a little... although I think Overkill would have won anyway).

I am debating about going to see Overkill again in NY next weekend. Overkill is the one band who I will follow every possible show I can get to, no matter what. I have probably seen them the most, since they have always played about 4-5 accessible shows for me on any given tour year, and I have been hitting shows since 1994, so how many Overkill shows does that make? I have lost count! :eyes:

I'm skipping Death Angel, for instance, because I'm seeing them open for Nevermore next month.

Yeah I didn't comment on the RATT/Death Angel dilemma, because honestly I could not really decide. I like both bands, but not to the point where it was a HARD decision, morely an indifferent one. Thinking about maybe seeing RATT in two weeks when they play here, undecided. I saw them at the Starland Ballroom last year when they did the entire Out of the Cellar, that was cool. I think their new album came out here this week, Infestation. I'll have to pick that up.

M3 looks great this year. Are you going? I hope so! There was some bot problem the day tickets went onsale, and then all that was left was lawn. I'm hoping better seats get released, but so far no luck with that. They are being sold on TicketFly which I have zero experience with. Where as Ticketmaster and Live Nation you can usually count on them releasing something decent. So I'm nervous. All my friends were depending on me to get our M3 tickets. I scored 5th row for us last year. And so far for this year, I got nothing. :snivel:

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I shant comment on my Sweden Rock ticket...

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I shant comment on my Sweden Rock ticket...

Not sure what you are getting at here, so my guess would be either -

1) You used a bot program to score amazing seats
2) You are in a shitty lawn area of sorts
3) You were given the best seats in the house for free because you are a super important dude in jolly old England

I'm leaning towards 3 :D

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Three is the closest ;)

I'm not that important, though.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 04:16 AM
I will definitely now be seeing Y&T at Sweden Rock. They've switched Stone Sour with Mother's Finest, eliminating the clash :D

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 05:58 AM
I will definitely now be seeing Y&T at Sweden Rock. They've switched Stone Sour with Mother's Finest, eliminating the clash :D

:party: I will be seeing them in August!

Maiden33
04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
:party: I will be seeing them in August!

Me too, in fact I do believe it will be the same show. :D

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Cobra Starship and 3OH!3 are playing a free outdoor concert on the South Oval at OSU, literally right across the street from my dorm. Its on May 14. Fortunately, I already scheduled to kill myself the 13th.

mankvill
04-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Cobra Starship and 3OH!3 are playing a free outdoor concert on the South Oval at OSU, literally right across the street from my dorm. Its on May 14. Fortunately, I already scheduled to kill myself the 13th.

See the opening band I Fight Dragons and then right after their set, get the FUCK AWAY FROM THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

Maiden33
04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Found out that Kansas is playing at a theater in York, PA on October 29th. Might have to go to this.

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Found out that Kansas is playing at a theater in York, PA on October 29th. Might have to go to this.

I'll only go if Randy Marsh is with them.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071119200536/southpark/images/thumb/3/3b/Randy-naked.jpg/100px-Randy-naked.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DethMaiden
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
See the opening band I Fight Dragons and then right after their set, get the FUCK AWAY FROM THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

I Fight Dragons is kind of awesome. :fist:

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I only have interest in a Kansas including Steve Morse.

Proto-Kaw were pretty awesome though.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM

Er, what?

DethMaiden
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Er, what?

It's a band. ;)

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
I know, and it took me less than a second of listening on their MySpace to question your sanity.

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Its the night you're supposed to come pick me up.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM

Hot date? ;)

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Hot date? ;)

hmmmmmmmmmm

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/29322219/Tobias+Sammet+Tobi.jpg

DethMaiden
04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I know, and it took me less than a second of listening on their MySpace to question your sanity.

Pop-punk with video game sounds...eh. It's just dumb fun music, nothing I'd put on of my own choosing but I don't hate it. :D

Ah, right. Well, if I close at work that night, I'll be picking you up right during the concert, probably.

Hot date? ;)

The hottest! :agree:

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/29322219/Tobias+Sammet+Tobi.jpg

He looks like someone's just kicked him in the balls, right before he can't help himself toppling to the floor :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Hot date? ;)

I'm too male and legal for him. ;)

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
He looks like someone's just kicked him in the balls, right before he can't help himself toppling to the floor :lol:

I heard it was this guy! And it wasn't a kick, more of a poke. Ouch!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fiVWNmf2BjM/SONzq3DF_bI/AAAAAAAABq0/cvQrajE_sI0/s400/andre+matos.jpg

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Andre actually managed to look camper with Avantasia than Tobi did. Frilly shirts all the way.

Which reminds me... is his new album any good? Should I bother breaking the cellophane or just put it straight on Amazon Marketplace?

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm too male and legal for him. ;)

I'm sure if you found a suitable outfit... maybe you could borrow The Green And Black's old school uniform... :eek:

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Andre actually managed to look camper with Avantasia than Tobi did. Frilly shirts all the way.

Which reminds me... is his new album any good? Should I bother breaking the cellophane or just put it straight on Amazon Marketplace?

It's good, give it at least one listen first. :lol: I liked Time To Be Free a bit better, I think, but Mentalize has it's high points as well. Reminds me a bit of some of the later stuff he did with Angra.

Lots of frilly shirts and fruity piano, it's a dream!

idrinkwine732
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Oh man, Muse added a Sacramento date...I'm hella excited.

Dextrimental
04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Just did up a schedule for my upcoming shows in Dublin this year, my calendar is looking immense, probably the best year for gigs Ireland has EVER had. Right now, I have upcoming:

KISS w/Taking Dawn
Megadeth
Deicide
Sepultura w/ Gama Bomb
Fear Factory
Cannibal Corpse
Suffocation - rescheduled from the April gig they didnt make, also the day after cannibal corpse, its gonna be a good weekend :D
Iron Maiden w/ Heaven and Hell - Only indoor gig of the European tour, and the first stop after America, this is going to be amazing!
Limp Bizkit
Blink-182
Santana
Diamond Head

This is all from June to August, cept Santana and Diamond Head who are September and November respectively!

I might be seeing Bolt Thrower this Sunday too but I have a birthday on Friday so if I overspend at that Bolt Thrower is a no-go.

Also missing Stevie Wonder due to I am flying out that day to Graspop, which is irritating the hell out of me, but how and ever!

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty annoyed with Megadeth actually. Why no off date in London? Do they really think everyone's going to trek up to Download to see them play half an hour?

Anyway, the rest of my year is thus (all London unless otherwise noted):

6/5 HammerFall + Dream Evil
13/5 KISS + Taking Dawn
15/5 Fozzy + Halcyon Way + Nightvision
18/5 Nevermore + Death Angel
26/5 Joanne Shaw Taylor + Oli Brown
6/6 Rage Against The Machine
9/6 U.D.O. + The Quireboys + Steelwing (Solvesborg, Sweden)
10/6 Aerosmith + Slayer + Danzig + Sabaton + Ratt + Y&T + Stone Sour (Solvesborg, Sweden)
11/6 Billy Idol + Cinderella/Suicidal Tendencies + Magnum + High On Fire + MSG + Bigelf + The Itch (Solvesborg, Sweden)
12/6 Guns N' Roses + Fates Warning + Cathedral + W.A.S.P. + Opeth + Winger + Unisonic + Anvil (Solvesborg, Sweden)
17/6 Richie Kotzen
5/7 Buddy Guy
6/7 Garcia Plays Kyuss
9/7 FM
24/7 ZZ Top + Black Label Society + Heaven & Hell + Gary Moore + The Answer + The Union + Saxon + HammerFall + Cathedral + Opeth + Orange Goblin
25/7 Down + Venom + Lechery + Audrey Horne + Joe Bonamassa + UFO + High On Fire + Clutch
26/9 Blind Guardian
8/10 Tristania
14/10 Sabaton
22/10 Alter Bridge
31/10 Therion + Loch Vostok + Leprous
27/11 Arch Enemy + Sabbat
10/12 Paul Weller

Don't know yet:
20/6-26/6 Bon Jovi + Kid Rock (don't know what date this will be yet)
Shrinebuilder (cancelled in April, rescheduled dates not released yet)
Tuska Open-Air (if I go, it'll only be the first day on 2/7)

Dextrimental
04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty annoyed with Megadeth actually. Why no off date in London? Do they really think everyone's going to trek up to Download to see them?

Similar problem here, they are playing the marquee in Cork, which is a three hour drive from where I live. Ireland isn't great for mid level venues (4,000 - 6,000 capacity) but the fact they're playing a bigger venue in a more awkward place means there it still isn't helping. Stone Temple Pilots are playing Dublin that same day, and alot of people are going to that instead due to its conveniency.

In all fairness though, early 2011 should see them do a full UK and Ireland sweep for the Endgame tour anyway so it makes no odds either way :P

makethemsuffer12
05-01-2010, 05:31 AM
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/les%20goupes/O/Overkill%20(USA)/pics/logo.jpg

TODAY! :party: :D

JuuKun
05-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Alcest tonight if I can get down there and actually find a place to park. :D Then Vader tomorrow night in Providence :rocker:

May is going to be awesome. I'm not liking the fact that I might have to miss Gorguts though. :mad:

Uncle_Meat1940
05-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Last night/Tonight are the start of my summer concert extravaganza, after Cannibal Corpse tonight my current concert line up is;

5/8/2010
Cattle Decapitation w/ Revocation and Enfold Darkness

5/12/2010
Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper

5/16/2010
Stick Men

5/21/2010
Captain Cleanoff

5/23/2010
Hypocrisy w/ Scar Symmetry, Hate, Blackguard, and Swashbuckle

5/24/2010
Dying Fetus w/ Arsis

5/28,29,30/2010
Summer Camp Music Festival

Mentionable names include (but aren't limited to);

moe. (All three days)
Umphrey's McGee (All three days)
Sound Tribe Sector 9
Zappa Plays Zappa
Gov't Mule
Yonder Mountain String Band
EOTO
Cornmeal
Victor Wooten
The New Mastersounds
Dumpstaphunk
Hot Buttered Rum
That 1 Guy
The Macpodz
Papadosio
The Hue

6/7/2010
George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic

6/12/2010
Yonder Mountain String Band

6/13/2010
Pestilence w/ Warbringer, Vital Remains, Enfold Darkness, Sacrificial Slaughter

6/24/2010
Dark Star Orchestra

7/12/2010
Moe.

7/18/2010
IRON FUCKING MAIDEN w/ Dreamtheater

7/24/2010
Soilwork w/ Death Angel, Augury, Mutiny Within, Swashbuckle

7/23 & 24/2010
The Central Illinois Metalfest

Mentionable names are (but are not limited to);

Malevolent Creation
Deceased
Incantation
Origin
Acheron
Phobia
Carnophage

8/10/2010
Summer Slaughter

8/14 & 15/2010
Phish

8/21/2010
Slayer w/ Megadeth and Testament

8/27/2010
RUSH

(If your gonna try to tell me that I can't possibly do this I'll let you know that the only shows on this list that I don't have tickets for already are metal shows that I always just get at the door.)

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 09:57 AM
If your gonna try to tell me that I can't possibly do this

Er, why would that be a doubt?

rjturtle9
05-01-2010, 10:16 AM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/rjturtle9/l_85870f2daa69409f832f12638d001976.jpg

This show will be Epic!!!!

:rocker::rocker: :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

mankvill
05-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Blink-182

setlist plz ^_^

ravenheart
05-03-2010, 05:16 AM
And meer days after Y&T making it onto my Sweden Rock schedule, they are back off it again.

The final stage has been announced, and at that time is Evergrey playing an acoustic set. Oh hell yes.

mankvill
05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
On the way: Primus
They're coming to the Uptown Theater on Aug. 10, a Tuesday, with Gogol Bordello.

:party:

On the way: Limp Bizkit
Aug. 3, a Tuesday, at Sandstone. With Snoop Dogg.

:eyes:

IrritatedTrout
05-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Go for Snoop and then get the fuck out of there as fast as possible.

IrritatedTrout
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Just won a ticket for Jethro Tull in June on ebay. :cool: Aqualung!

ravenheart
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
KISS on Thursday.

The Green and Black
05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
KISS on Thursday.

You mean that KISS cover band that Gene and Paul happen to play with. ;)

PowerMaiden
05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
updated...

03-juil-10 Toronto's Molson Amphitheater Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater

06-juil-10 LeBreton Flats Park d'Ottawa Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater

07-juil-10 Centre Bell de Montréal Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater

09-juil-10 Plaines d'Abraham de Québec Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater

11-juil-10 PNC Bank Art Center, New Jersey Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater

12-juil-10 Madison Square Garden de New York Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater

24-juil-10 Parc Jean-Drapeau de Montréal HEAVY MTL fest. Megadeth Rust In Peace in it's entirety Slayer Seasons In The Abyss in it's entirety Alice Cooper Halford
Mastodon Testament Melissa Auf Der Maur Fear Factory
High On Fire Anvil Kataklysm

30-oct-10 Centre Bell de Montréal Roger Waters The Wall Live

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
You mean that KISS cover band that Gene and Paul happen to play with. ;)

Nope, who're they? ;)

mankvill
05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
30-oct-10 Centre Bell de Montréal Roger Waters The Wall Live

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

!?

Roger Waters is here on Oct. 30!

PowerMaiden
05-10-2010, 01:40 PM
!?

Roger Waters is here on Oct. 30!

thanks for pointing my error hehehe just bought my tickets today so it may be the exitement,

it's oct 20 th here in Montreal (the 2 nd night), btw both nights here in Montreal are already sold out

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
05-18-2010, 01:43 PM
06/17 - Anal Cunt

Looks like I'll finally be able to see them.

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Just bought a ticket to Michael Schenker's 30th anniversary show in London. He's having a bunch of guest performers join him. Confirmed so far: Herman Rarebell, Doogie White, Neil Murray.

Should be fun.

xStructualDefect
05-21-2010, 04:04 AM
i haven't been to a show since Arch Enemy which was in february. :eek:

-maybe Dark Tranquillity 6/1, but not sure because their setlist isn't that great
-possibly Korn 6/11, depending if i have other friends willing to go
-most likely Taproot 6/13, was a big fan 5 years ago and the new album is great
-Warped Tour 6/25
-Mayhem Fest 7/11
-Summer Slaughter 7/18
-AILD / BTAM 7/31

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Shrinebuilder rearranged for December 2. Awesome.

mankvill
05-27-2010, 09:36 AM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3899/29745101501981614501094.jpg

THAAAAAAAAANK YOU

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I got a big choice to make, maybe you guys can help me out...

Soilwork/Death Angel/Mutiny Within
July 24th $15

Or

Cynic/Intronaut
July 30th $18 (I Think)

Odds are I can't pull of both shows as much as I want to. What show do you think would be better?

mankvill
05-27-2010, 10:21 AM

July 24th $15

Or

Cynic/Intronaut
July 30th $18 (I Think)

Odds are I can't pull of both shows as much as I want to. What show do you think would be better?

Cynic/Intronaut

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Cynic/Intronaut

Seconded.

mastodon421
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM

July 24th $15

Or

Cynic/Intronaut
July 30th $18 (I Think)

The edge for me goes to Soilwork because Augury is on the bill as well. I am not that into Cynic but Intronaut absoultley crushes live and is a truly amazing band.

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I love all 5 bands listed. I saw Mutiny Within with sonata Arctica last month, and I saw Intronaut last year with Mastodon.

I'm a huge Death Angel and Cynic fan (too bad they can't tour together, then it would be a no brainer)

Then again Cynic is doing all of Focus. But I don't know how much longer Death Angel will be going for.

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I love all 5 bands listed. I seen Mutiny Within with sonata Arctica last month, and I seen Intronaut last year with Mastodon.

:snivel: God no.

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:31 AM
:snivel: God no.

Sorry, that's what happens when you are born and raised in Northern Wisconsin. Just be happy I'm not saying the popular phrases from here like "Used To Could" and "That There Thing"

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry, that's what happens when you are born and raised in Northern Wisconsin. Just be happy I'm not saying the popular phrases from here like "Used To Could" and "That There Thing"

:D

I'm really not such a grammar Nazi, but "seen" instead of "saw" is pretty big in the more "country" parts of Ohio and for whatever reason it has always felt like nails in my eardrums. ;) Carry on.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
-Warped Tour 6/25Just out of a sense of morbid curiosity, I decided to look at the lineup for this. I recognized almost none of the bands on the lineup, and most of the ones I did recognize just turned my stomach (Emmure, Whitechapel, etc.). There were some weird ones, such as Angry Samoans and GBH, which are punk bands from WAY the fuck back in the day, but mostly a bunch of strangers to me.

I also noticed that there is a group called "Natural High" that encourages teens to be clean and sober and live their lives right, who is going to be there in some form or fashion. I agree with the message, but I gotta say, I think Imma hafta sue them fuckers. They never even called me to ask about using the name or anything. Fucking bastards.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 10:36 AM

July 24th $15

Or

Cynic/Intronaut
July 30th $18 (I Think)

Odds are I can't pull of both shows as much as I want to. What show do you think would be better?Oh, snap. I didn't see this until now. Cynic and IntrOnaut all the way.

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM

I'm really not such a grammar Nazi, but "seen" instead of "saw" is pretty big in the more "country" parts of Ohio and for whatever reason it has always felt like nails in my eardrums. ;) Carry on.

Odd thing is, it usually is for me too. I didn't even realize I did that until I saw (haha I caught it this time) it bolded.

I'm right in the heart of "That There Wisconsin Country" so I hear it all the time.

Anyways, back to trying to decide what would be a better tour to see.

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Ok so far it's 3 for Cynic/Intronaut and 1 for Soilwork/Death Angel/Mutiny Within. Damn this is hard to choose.

mankvill
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
I've seen Soilwork and I left halfway through their set.

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I've seen Soilwork and I left halfway through their set.

Of all 5 bands listed. they are ones I'm least interested in. Which is another reason Cynic/Intronaut is getting better and better. Death Angel will probably have a good main support timeslot, and odds are Mutiny Within will have a 90% similar setlist to the last time I saw them. Intronaut will probably have new music, and I have yet to see Cynic and what a better live introduction then all of Focus live?

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Of all 5 bands listed. they are ones I'm least interested in. Which is another reason Cynic/Intronaut is getting better and better. Death Angel will probably have a good main support timeslot, and odds are Mutiny Within will have a 90% similar setlist to the last time I saw them. Intronaut will probably have new music, and I have yet to see Cynic and what a better live introduction then all of Focus live?

Yeah, I don't think I'd skip all of Focus live since it's probably the only tour it will ever happen. Makes me kinda wish it was coming close to me, even though I already can't afford all the shows I wanna see. :lol:

MPF
05-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I don't think I'd skip all of Focus live since it's probably the only tour it will ever happen. Makes me kinda wish it was coming close to me, even though I already can't afford all the shows I wanna see. :lol:

Very True. The one thing that would also make it kinda hard is that I have a gig of my own the night before in Minneapolis. So I drive an hour and half there. Hopefully have a good day day, drive back home, then drive another hour back to St. Paul to see Cynic. In the end it would be worth it.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 11:37 AM
In the end it would be worth it.You answered your own question. Congratulations. Enjoy the Cynic / IntrOnaut show. ;)

idrinkwine732
05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Focus is only like 40 mins right? So with a solid headline set length we could hear almost their entire catalogue.

Natrlhi
05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Focus is only like 40 mins right? So with a solid headline set length we could hear almost their entire catalogue.

I definitely read somewhere that they're planning on playing some "Traced in Air" stuff, too.

DethMaiden
05-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I definitely read somewhere that they're planning on playing some "Traced in Air" stuff, too.

Not the "Re-Traced" versions, I hope. I really hated all of those. :bouville:

larvtard
05-27-2010, 05:26 PM

The acoustic cover of Intergral Birth was good, though

I love acoustic covers of metal songs... anyone know of any good ones?

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Just out of a sense of morbid curiosity, I decided to look at the lineup for this. I recognized almost none of the bands on the lineup, and most of the ones I did recognize just turned my stomach (Emmure, Whitechapel, etc.). There were some weird ones, such as Angry Samoans and GBH, which are punk bands from WAY the fuck back in the day, but mostly a bunch of strangers to me.

yeah most people on this board would hate the lineup. i'm actually really excited for Suicide Silence, Parkway Drive, Whitechapel, and Sum 41. and i hate to say it but i'm actually looking forward to Bring Me The Horizon. yes they are fucking horrible, but their crowd is a lot of fun. their mosh pits and circle pits are some of the funnest i've ever been in, and hate to say it but their crowd was a lot more fun than most metal crowds i've been in. instead of standing in the back complaining how much a band sucks, i go in the crowd and have fun. i could have a lot of fun at a band's show even if they are lame as fuck, and there's a lot of lame bands on warped tour. that's why i love going to warped tour. also interested in checking out Casualties, GBH, Alkaline Trio, among some others, and some others for laughs.

and to MPF it all depends on you really how much you like Cynic, because you'll probably never see Focus get played in it's entirely. i'd go with Soilwork though because it sounds like a more fun show, and from what i've heard Cynic is pretty boring live, unless you really like them, then you'll enjoy them live. but i've also heard people say they like them a lot and thought they were terrible live.

mankvill
05-27-2010, 06:39 PM
My Warped Date:

Alkaline Trio
Andrew WK
Every Time I Die
Fake Problems
Four Year Strong
Parkway Drive
Reel Big Fish
Riverboat Gamblers
Sum 41
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band

Those are who I actually wanna see or who I have a passing interest in.

evildeadjedi
05-27-2010, 06:54 PM
My Warped Date:

Alkaline Trio
Andrew WK
Every Time I Die
Fake Problems
Four Year Strong
Parkway Drive
Reel Big Fish
Riverboat Gamblers
Sum 41

Seen The Alkaline Trio at past Warped Tours they put on a pretty good show.
Andrew WK is really entertaining live I love his first album!
I saw Reel Big Fish back in 10th grade they are pretty decent live and crack jokes in between songs (not as good as Less Than Jake but cool)
Sum 41 was on Warped Tour 02 I think and I was not really impressed.
Dillinger Escape Plan is nuts tons of energy and they are all over the place musically.
Never seen the others.

I went to Warped Tour in 97, 98, 99 00, 01, and my last one was in 04. Used to look forward to it just about every summer then it turned to shit.

idrinkwine732
05-27-2010, 07:12 PM

I thought they were all great, but I don't think it'll be the Re-Traced versions. I love the mellow feel of Cynic, and those songs were really relaxing.

TonyD
05-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe at least Integral Birth. Amazing acoustic.

Derelict
05-27-2010, 07:33 PM
My Warped Date:

Alkaline Trio
Andrew WK
Every Time I Die
Fake Problems
Four Year Strong
Parkway Drive
Reel Big Fish
Riverboat Gamblers
Sum 41

DEP is incredible live, Rev Peyton is a lot of fun, plus prob the only time in your life you will see a woman set a washboard on fire while she's playing it as an instrument

Sinfulsot
05-28-2010, 02:54 AM
I need an upcoming show. this moritorium i've self-imposed needs to be self unimposed, motherfucker.
=D

mastodon421
05-28-2010, 04:47 AM
I am going to Warped as well it should be a fun day. I am mainly going for Dillinger Escape Plan,Parkway Drive and Every Time I Die but I will proably watch Sum 41,Alkaline Trio,Whitechapel,Suicide Silence,Andrew WK,Set Your Goals and Polar Bear Club.

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 05:22 AM
I thought they were all great, but I don't think it'll be the Re-Traced versions. I love the mellow feel of Cynic, and those songs were really relaxing.:agree: This.

larvtard
05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Converge tonight

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Next Wednesday: Michael Schenker Group 30th Anniversary Show

Special guests: Doogie White, Herman Rarebell, Neil Murray plus more surprise ones on the night

Support: Heaven's Basement (booo!), Sacred Mother Tongue (yaay!)

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
NOT Fates Warning in one week. :bouville:

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 12:39 PM
NOT Fates Warning in one week. :bouville:NOT Maryland Death Fest. I win. :bouville::bouville::bouville:

mankvill
05-28-2010, 12:48 PM
NOT Maryland Death Fest. I win. :bouville::bouville::bouville:

I am going in 2011. I have to.

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I am going in 2011. I have to.

See you there, Spanky.

mankvill
05-28-2010, 12:55 PM
See you there, Spanky.

We can slow dance to the inevitable Sarcofago reunion!

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 12:59 PM
We can slow dance to the inevitable Sarcofago reunion!
:lol: Or Pig Destroyer or some shit like that. Maybe the return of Bolt Thrower to U.S. soil... :drool:

It's a date! :lovedup:

EDIT: BIRDFLESH!!!

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 01:10 PM
NOT Fates Warning in one week. :bouville:

Cancelled?

I see them in just over a week :D

JuuKun
05-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Hypocrisy & Scar Symmetry tonight. :rocker:

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Hypocrisy & Scar Symmetry tonight. :rocker:
That was here last night. I wanted to go, but couldn't. Be sure to post set lists so I can feel sorry for myself that I missed it. ;)

evildeadjedi
05-28-2010, 03:36 PM
June 22nd at Skullys in Columbus, OH
PENTAGRAM!!!!!
w/ HOWL
w/ DEADSEA
w/ EYE

:rocker:

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Cancelled?

I see them in just over a week :D

Nah, just complete lack of money and/or people that want to go. I unfortunately can't afford it - and definitely can't afford to drive almost 4 hours each way alone.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Nah, just complete lack of money and/or people that want to go.

Only one of those reasons is valid. It is a good one though. I remember those days... hated them.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Only one of those reasons is valid. It is a good one though. I remember those days... hated them.

I agree that other people not wanting to go is generally not an acceptable excuse - but when the show is 4-hours away and you already can't really afford it - having to drive almost 8 hours round-trip alone and footing the bill for parking and gas alone... impossible for me.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Still comes down to the money though. That kind of time travelling alone is nothing for good metal.

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Probably taking a full-time third shift job that will make me unable to attend any shows this summer except for the ones I'm already confirmed for, meaning Clutch, Off With Their Heads (hell, that's only confirmed if anyone will come with me), and Iron Maiden.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Probably taking a full-time third shift job that will make me unable to attend any shows this summer except for the ones I'm already confirmed for, meaning Clutch, Off With Their Heads (hell, that's only confirmed if anyone will come with me), and Iron Maiden.

Doing what?

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Doing what?

Stocking shelves at Walmart.

Or selling my soul to the devil. Whichever goes down easier.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Stocking shelves at Walmart.

Or selling my soul to the devil. Whichever goes down easier.

Is the Wal-Mart 24-hours?

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Is the Wal-Mart 24-hours?

Yeah, as far as I know all Walmarts are. :eyes: Or maybe that's just here.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah, as far as I know all Walmarts are. :eyes: Or maybe that's just here.

Definitely not all of them. I know some that are, and some that aren't.

Just curious - working at a place like that without the potential of having to deal with customers = downright enjoyable.

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Definitely not all of them. I know some that are, and some that aren't.

Just curious - working at a place like that without the potential of having to deal with customers = downright enjoyable.

I'm sure the fact that I'll deal with fewer customers will be more than offset by the fact that the customers I will deal with will be...well, the kind of people who go to Walmart between 10 PM and 7 AM. :lol:

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm sure the fact that I'll deal with fewer customers will be more than offset by the fact that the customers I will deal with will be...well, the kind of people who go to Walmart between 10 PM and 7 AM. :lol:

Hey, I've been in that category more than once. I think the people from like 2-5 AM are the ones you have to be most worried about.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
(hell, that's only confirmed if anyone will come with me)

Why's this part important?

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Why's this part important?

I dunno, I've been to a couple of shows by myself and it's just a lot less fun. I'll still go alone if I have to, but that's only if I absolutely can't find anyone.

Hey...anyone wanna see Off With Their Heads in Dayton in a few weeks? :D

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Haha, lame. I always go to shows alone. I see far more good music that way.

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Haha, lame. I always go to shows alone. I see far more good music that way.

If the between-bands time wasn't so painfully awkward and un-fun, maybe I would too.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:12 PM
If the between-bands time wasn't so painfully awkward and un-fun, maybe I would too.

Aw, do you get lonely? ;)

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Aw, do you get lonely? ;)

Maybe I'll just bring a newspaper next time I have to see a gig alone. :tongue:

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Maybe I'll just bring a newspaper next time I have to see a gig alone. :tongue:

Meh, I just stand/sit and wait. I'm good with patience and not getting generally bored.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Also, it's "take", not "bring". Must teach America that.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
To be fair Ravenheart - you get into a lot (if not everything?) for free, so the whole issue of show cost is irrelevant. Granted, for club shows - what's $10 or $15? But that's not the majority case with what I go to. And yeah, doesn't even begin to talk about gas money, tolls, parking, etc - which is the big bitch of going to anything in NYC or Philly. Philly's not bad, but NYC is retarded. When I was there for Primal Fear, it cost us $40 to park. :mad:

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 06:16 PM
To be fair Ravenheart - you get into a lot (if not everything?) for free, so the whole issue of show cost is irrelevant. Granted, for club shows - what's $10 or $15? But that's not the majority case with what I go to. And yeah, doesn't even begin to talk about gas money, tolls, parking, etc - which is the big bitch of going to anything in NYC or Philly. Philly's not bad, but NYC is retarded. When I was there for Primal Fear, it cost us $40 to park. :mad:

Yep, not being able to split costs sucks. And fuck, not having anyone to talk to for upwards of five or six hours sucks, sorry if that sounds clingy, but concerts are one of a small handful of social events that I take part in, and going to a show is just as valuable as "hanging out" time as it is an opportunity to see bands that I like.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:18 PM
To be fair Ravenheart - you get into a lot (if not everything?) for free, so the whole issue of show cost is irrelevant.

It's 50/50.

Like I said, the cost reason is a good one. Not having some to hold your hand isn't.

And the reason I don't worry about the cost of gigs isn't to do with getting into half of them for free either. I would, and can, pay for almost all of the free ones I go to regardless.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Yep, not being able to split costs sucks. And fuck, not having anyone to talk to for upwards of five or six hours sucks, sorry if that sounds clingy, but concerts are one of a small handful of social events that I take part in, and going to a show is just as valuable as "hanging out" time as it is an opportunity to see bands that I like.

Word. I have a friend that I pretty much only see when I go to concerts with him, about twice a year. We use all the downtime to catch up about everything going on, it's a lot of fun.

Though to be fair, going alone is a really good way to meet people. If you're into that sort of thing. Unfortunately at shows you have to worry about all the crazy, smelly folk.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I totally have a few friends I only see at shows too. I'm always up for hanging with them, but I'm not going to miss a band I like just because none of those guys are into them/available.

Fortunately, the need to split costs isn't a consideration for me either. Trains rule and I have a season ticket to London.

Dextrimental
05-29-2010, 05:10 PM
I just found out Carcass replaced Mastodon on the bill for Graspop, and the way the line up has worked out is that Obituary, Carcass and Cannibal Corpse are one after the other. Absolutely beautiful.

evildeadjedi
05-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Going to concerts with no one you know does suck but sometimes you can find some really cool people. The good thing is you have an easy starting ground for a conversation since obviously you and any other given person is at the show for the music. I typically just strike up a conversation like "so how many times have you seen band X?". Or maybe someone has a band shirt on for a band that is odd for a particular show but I happen to like and strike up a conversation that way. Granted, I may never speak to the people again though sometimes they become good friends. I'm a very a timid individual but if it's a topic I enjoy like music I can talk for hours.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
I just found out Carcass replaced Mastodon on the bill for Graspop, and the way the line up has worked out is that Obituary, Carcass and Cannibal Corpse are one after the other. Absolutely beautiful.

I'd rather see Carcass than Mastodon, so you got a great deal. Hopefully they come over here soon...

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Going to concerts with no one you know does suck

No it doesn't. I'm not saying going with people sucks, but going without them is 1000% better than a) not going at all, or b) going with people who don't care about the music just so you've got someone to go with.

I typically just strike up a conversation like "so how many times have you seen band X?"

People who do this REALLY annoy me.

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 10:20 AM

The Poodles are replacing Steel Panther too. I just know that's going to make a big difference to you ;)

evildeadjedi
05-30-2010, 10:25 AM
No it doesn't. I'm not saying going with people sucks, but going without them is 1000% better than a) not going at all, or b) going with people who don't care about the music just so you've got someone to go with.

People who do this REALLY annoy me.

Yes you have a point there. Oh well good thing you're across the pond then :lol:

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes you have a point there. Oh well good thing you're across the pond then :lol:

You can pretend you're asking me how many times I've seen a band if you like ;)

evildeadjedi
05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
You can pretend you're asking me how many times I've seen a band if you like ;)

How many times have you seen Raven? :D

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I did rather mean the next time you go to a gig on your own :lol:

Dextrimental
05-30-2010, 12:18 PM
The Poodles are replacing Steel Panther too. I just know that's going to make a big difference to you ;)

Dont get me started on that one.. Im not a glam fan, but I enjoy steel panther and was looking forward to seeing them live..

ravenheart
05-30-2010, 12:30 PM
So far they haven't cancelled their Sweden Rock performance... which is annoying me. I would really rather they cancelled so I can get a decent band.

That said, if The Poodles take the spot then I'm off to watch Magnum!

Dextrimental
05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
So far they haven't cancelled their Sweden Rock performance... which is annoying me. I would really rather they cancelled so I can get a decent band.

Therion are on during the poodles, so I will just get some food after Slayer then go wait for Sepultura to start on the smaller stage methinks.. I dunno, Steel Panther, Im not a huge fan on CD, but most of those comedy/novelty bands get on my nerves, but live the show would be great fun I think..

ravenheart
05-31-2010, 04:32 AM
You're voluntarily missing Therion? You are a broken individual ;)

There are actually quite a few points in that line-up where I'd be stuck for someone to watch.

I do however applaud the fact that at all times there are two options. The one failing with Sweden Rock's timetable this year is that there are sometimes slots on the main stage where there is absolutely no alternative. While at other times four of the other five stages all clash at once. It's the first time they've offered no main stage alternatives. The main problem for me being Rick Springfield's set. I've got nothing to do for two hours until Magnum or Steel Panther's replacement come on.

Dextrimental
05-31-2010, 07:15 AM
You're voluntarily missing Therion? You are a broken individual ;)

There are actually quite a few points in that line-up where I'd be stuck for someone to watch.

I do however applaud the fact that at all times there are two options. The one failing with Sweden Rock's timetable this year is that there are sometimes slots on the main stage where there is absolutely no alternative. While at other times four of the other five stages all clash at once. It's the first time they've offered no main stage alternatives. The main problem for me being Rick Springfield's set. I've got nothing to do for two hours until Magnum or Steel Panther's replacement come on.

Not a massive Therion fan, though I may check em out while eating food for the point of it!

Yeah its quite small compared to alot of other festivals, due to there only being four stages and what not, however as you said, theres always an alternative, and the majority of the line up does tickle my fancy :)

ravenheart
05-31-2010, 07:23 AM
The crowd hits around 40k doesn't it? That's as big as festival should get for me. These 80k+ events are just silly. And to build a line-up big enough to attract that many people there either ends up being a ridiculous amount of shitty bands or great bands end up with 10 minutes on stage.

Sweden Rock is generally my benchmark for European festivals, and their line-up/running order policies are normally excellent, but they've really screwed up this time by clashing the tiny stages with the 2nd and 3rd stages, which already clash with each other intentionally as they always do.

Maiden33
05-31-2010, 07:52 AM

Argh that fact that you're not already planning on watching Magnum bothers me. :mad:

ravenheart
05-31-2010, 08:22 AM
I am while Steel Panther are still on the bill. The only reason it's up for debate now is because Steel Panther might get replaced with someone better.

Plus, Magnum play the High Voltage festival in London in July, although they're quite likely to clash with a metal band I'd rather watch, probably High On Fire.

Dextrimental
05-31-2010, 03:00 PM
The crowd hits around 40k doesn't it? That's as big as festival should get for me. These 80k+ events are just silly. And to build a line-up big enough to attract that many people there either ends up being a ridiculous amount of shitty bands or great bands end up with 10 minutes on stage.

Sweden Rock is generally my benchmark for European festivals, and their line-up/running order policies are normally excellent, but they've really screwed up this time by clashing the tiny stages with the 2nd and 3rd stages, which already clash with each other intentionally as they always do.

Around that, I think it hit about 60k last year for the day of Slipknot anyway, it was perfect, good crowd everywhere, but plenty of room to move around and the cues were never too big. I agree, the huge festivals are a bit of a joke, the line ups just become fashionable over time, like Download this yhear, disgraceful altogether!

Yeah, had a look just there, the line up wouldn be too much of my fancy, but the timetable is still done pretty badly, too many stages, and not enough thought put into timing them so theres a choice as well variety..

ravenheart
05-31-2010, 03:08 PM
You can more or less ignore the last two stages. They're just added to give unsigned bands a shot. They only really have four proper stages.

The error, which they don't normally make, is that the Rockklassiker Tent normally clashes with the main stage, so there's a choice, while the other two stages clash and alternate with the main stage. It's normally perfect. They also make sure that the bands on the clashing stages are completely different. Death metal on one, AOR on the other, or something.

This time they've clashed the tent with the other two stages, so sometimes there's nothing opposite the main stage. Big mistake. Hopefully to be corrected next year.

Still haven't been to a better best European festival though. Especially in terms of the effort made to get rare performances.

Dextrimental
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Ah I see, yeah, thats not so good, from the sounds of things they do the same thing as Graspop usually, which is have two stages at the same time all the time, until the overall headliner of course. When I went last year I loved always having something to listen, and was often spoilt for choice having to split sets and so on.

Graspop is perfect for me in terms of price, time of year and travel time. The only other ones I may try are Sonisphere UK, Bloodstock and Hellfest. Wacken is too pricey, and Download just isnt getting the line up.

ravenheart
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
I'll let you know how Sweden Rock turns out in two weeks time when I get back ;)

I can't say I'm interested in Sonisphere. That's going the way of Download. Have you seen the bill? Awful.

Bloodstock doesn't have enough about it. The second/third stages are always terrible, so there's no alternative when there's a main stage band you don't like. Sometimes the line-up can be really great though.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Hellfest's organisation etc. but never been. The line-up is always unbelievable. Although it's another one where great bands get tiny sets.

I did Hard Rock Hell in Wales last year. That's shit, don't do that one :lol:

I'm trying Tuska Open-Air this year. Just the first day as I'm not that into the line-up on the other two, but it's a good little arrangement. Held in a park in the centre of Helsinki across the street from the main station, one or two metal clubs around the corner where they hold another little gig after the festival each night, and plenty of affordable hotels. Cheap flights from the UK too. You have to be lucky with the line-up though as there's only one stage.

Also going to High Voltage in London, although their organisation so far is not filling me with confidence that it's going to be a good event.

Gods of Metal in Italy can be good, but is very hit and miss. The format and the location change every year. I went last year, where it was two days in Monza with alternating stages. This year's it's three days in Collegno. It's also been in Milan and Bologna.

mankvill
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
http://imgsrv.965thebuzz.com/image/krbz2/UserFiles/Image/buts3_2010flipplogo.png

What an odd lineup.

ravenheart
06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Right, regular gigs on hold for now. Starting Wednesday afternoon for four days:

Aerosmith
Slayer
Guns N' Roses
W.A.S.P.
U.D.O.
Cinderella
Jorn
Stone Sour
Death Angel
Mustasch
Cathedral
Bigelf
High On Fire
Magnum
Fates Warning
Anvil
Opeth
Blackberry Smoke
F.K.U.
Evergrey (acoustic)
The Screamin' Lords
Winger
Epica
Warrior Soul (acoustic)
Michael Monroe
The Murder of My Sweet
Steelwing
Treat
Johan Edlund

mankvill
06-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Slayer
High On Fire

setlist plz!

mastodon421
06-07-2010, 12:50 PM
http://imgsrv.965thebuzz.com/image/krbz2/UserFiles/Image/buts3_2010flipplogo.png

What an odd lineup.

I agree none of those bands are anything alike. On the plus side though Against Me! is pretty damn good and are a great live band.

mankvill
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I agree none of those bands are anything alike. On the plus side though Against Me! is pretty damn good and are a great live band.

I get them confused with Rise Against all the time so I don't know if I've seen them or not before. :lol:

ravenheart
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
setlist plz!

Will do!

MPF
06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I know I'm going to receive a lot of shit for this but I'm secure enough in my masculinity that I will tell the truth...

A buddy of mine won tickets on the radio tonight to see Saving Abel tomorrow in MN and he asked me to go with. So I'm going to go.

First of all...FUCK OFF IT'S A FREE TICKET! And 2nd there could be some good opening bands if nothing else, and besides another Tuesday night in front of the computer trying to book shows for my band really doesn't sound as appealing right now.

ravenheart
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I know I'm going to receive a lot of shit for this but I'm secure enough in my masculinity that I will tell the truth...

A buddy of mine won tickets on the radio tonight to see Saving Abel tomorrow in MN and he asked me to go with. So I'm going to go.

I thought you were going to say something much worse. Meh, who cares?

MPF
06-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I thought you were going to say something much worse. Meh, who cares?

Well considering I've been called gay and fag all day from it. I guess it's been getting to me a little bit. Glad to see someone who doesn't care.

Although I will be wearing my Iced Earth shirt there, so that might ruin my chances of any potential ladies' interest.

es156
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Warrior Soul (acoustic)

What?

xStructualDefect
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM

First of all...FUCK OFF IT'S A FREE TICKET! And 2nd there could be some good opening bands if nothing else, and besides another Tuesday night in front of the computer trying to book shows for my band really doesn't sound as appealing right now.

lol who cares, i'll take a free concert over doing nothing on a weekday (maybe weekend, depending if i got anything else better to do) any day. as long as i go with some friends, i can make it a fun time, even if the band is shitty. i mean i saw My Chemical Romance for free with a few friends a few years ago, and i'll admit that show was pretty fun, for free too.

Maiden33
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah, as long as I don't specifically dislike/have some sort of beef with a band/their fans - I would always take a free ticket/no trip costs, especially if it's seats. Can't argue with free live music you can sit through.

MPF
06-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow I was expecting to get a lot of shit from this. Thanks for not making me feel like a douche.

Actually the venue I'm seeing them at is relatively small. One cool thing about the venue is there are couches and table all around the outside of the middle of the floor. It's a really cool vibe. I seen Dredg and Torche on tour together at this venue. Plus there will be a lot of hot chicks. I have a feeling my friend and I will be the only guys at this show.

Maiden33
06-07-2010, 08:54 PM
One cool thing about the venue is there are couches and table all around the outside of the middle of the floor.

Nice, I've been to a couple of places like, I love that.

MPF
06-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Nice, I've been to a couple of places like, I love that.

It's a really cool vibe in the place. I'm hoping to get my band in there some day. They have local bands all the time. It would be great to know I played on the same stage that Torche played the year before.

ravenheart
06-08-2010, 02:59 AM
One cool thing about the venue is there are couches and table all around the outside of the middle of the floor

I love this for blues and acoustic gigs... not for anything else.

ravenheart
06-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Richie Kotzen just cancelled his tour. I held out for months before buying a ticket because of his habit for cancelling European shows at the last minute. Literally only bit the bullet and ordered it this past weekend as I'm away the rest of this week and the show is next week.

I don't think I've ever had so many gigs cancelled in a 12 month period. That's nine (if I include both times Slayer cancelled) since late November.

Only three of those have actually been rescheduled too. I skipped the eventual Slayer show because I see them on Thursday. Arch Enemy have rescheduled for November but have kicked Sabbat off the tour because they booked their own headlining shows in August which "will detract from the November tour" (bullshit!), and Shrinebuilder have rescheduled for December.

MPF
06-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Just got home from seeing Saving Abel. Besides getting kicked in the balls by a girl who jumped on stage trying to grab a drumstick. It was a pretty ok show. I probably wouldn't have payed to see the show personally but in a way, I did pay. It still kinda hurts.

powerslave_85
06-08-2010, 10:24 PM
IRON MAIDEN IN TWO WEEKS!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Maiden33
06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
IRON MAIDEN IN TWO WEEKS!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Closer to 6 for me, but I'm not bitching. Need to pull gas/merch money out of my ass.

Sinfulsot
06-09-2010, 03:53 AM
.... Need to pull gas/merch money out of my ass.

yo. good luck with that.

larvtard
06-09-2010, 08:19 AM
YOB tonight. no Anal Cunt :finger2: Seth cancelled...

edit: I am not going after all

Crionics
06-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Alley Katz closed..was gonna see Overkill there in Nov..idk where this show is gonna be moved to

ravenheart
06-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Bon Jovi confirmed for next Friday, so that's my next one.

Richie Kotzen apparently found out his tour was cancelled the same day the ticket holders did! He's going to add UK dates to his European tour later in the year instead - with a different promoter!

Rest of the year so far:

25/6 Bon Jovi + Kid Rock

2/7 Devin Townsed + Testament + Satyricon + Tarot + Insomnium + Pain + Obituary + Barren Earth
5/7 Buddy Guy
24/7 ZZ Top + Heaven & Hell: A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio + Black Label Society + Saxon + Cathedral + Bigelf + HammerFall + The Answer + The Union
25/7 Down + Joe Bonamassa + UFO + High On Fire + Clutch + Audrey Horne + Lethargy

26/9 Blind Guardian + Steelwing

16/10 Y&T
22/10 Alter Bridge
26/10 Kiuas + Celesty
31/10 Therion + Loch Vostok + Leprous

27/11 Arch Enemy

2/12 Shrinebuilder
10/12 Paul Weller

TBC: Richie Kotzen, Sweden Rock Cruise, Ozzfest, Orange Goblin + Solace + Firebird, Primal Fear

mankvill
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
25/6 Bon Jovi + Kid Rock

lol. enjoy that one.

SomewhereInTime72
06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.nycjazzfestival.com/index.php?player=1&Event=18

Only thing I got comin’ up besides Maiden.

edit: Oh god somehow I typed in full-width alphanumeric

ravenheart
06-17-2010, 01:04 AM
lol. enjoy that one.

I expect I will. He was great last time I saw him.

idrinkwine732
06-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Iron Maiden and First to the Barrier tomorrow!!!!!!!

JLRedWing13
06-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Foreigner/Styx/Kansas one week from today is my next show, then Scorpions on the following Thursday.

daimonos
06-20-2010, 01:11 PM
GWAR on Thursday!!!

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

First time seeing them in a small venue, I'm expecting a great time.

evildeadjedi
06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
GWAR on Thursday!!!

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

First time seeing them in a small venue, I'm expecting a great time.

It should be a great time. I saw them twice in really small places and even though they couldn't use the crapapult it was still awesome! :horns:

mankvill
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6697/hammerlordvstrog.jpg

I came.

ravenheart
06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Anyone else going to the live broadcast of the Big Four gig from Bulgaria at cinemas tomorrow?

mankvill
06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Anyone else going to the live broadcast of the Big Four gig from Bulgaria at cinemas tomorrow?

It's not live.

At least I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt it.

gabo03
06-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Is a recorded and edited show here in Mexico

And, no, i cant get a ticket for a 250 seats movies hall :(

TonyD
06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
It's not live.

At least I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt it.

4 sets edited down to 4 hours so...

makethemsuffer12
06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
To see the Scorps or not to see the Scorps? That is the question.

Natrlhi
06-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Anyone else going to the live broadcast of the Big Four gig from Bulgaria at cinemas tomorrow?I'm going. I just cleared it with the boss (wife) a few hours ago. Rock on. :rocker:

It's not live.

At least I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt it.Correct.

4 sets edited down to 4 hours so...Exactly. It's edited on the fly and simulcast (well, kinda - there is a long-ass delay there, but you know what I mean) via satellite to various movie theaters around the U.S. (or is it North America...or worldwide?).

Anyway, you get the point. They film it, edit it, and then re-broadcast it a short time later.

mastodon421
06-22-2010, 07:27 AM
I got Warped Tour,As I Lay Dying/Between The Buried and Me, Mayhem Fest and Summer Slaughter coming up all within the next month for sure here are the other possibillites.

Most likely
8/14 American Carnage(sadly this has gone down from a definite. My cousin might me getting married this day:mad:)
9/22 Alice In Chains/Deftones/Mastodon

Maybe
7/28 Howl
8/5 Intronaut

Doubtful but there is a slim chance
9/12 Vampire Weekend
11/9 Children Of Bodom/Clutch

Sinfulsot
06-25-2010, 11:50 PM
8/14 Slayer/Megadeth

planning on
10/19 - Nevermore - half the fun is going to the box office for this venue. actually, i gotta find out...

The other i did go via the internet. and it was my preferred venue and was also the lowest assraping fee. I mean (convenience) fee.

maidenpriest
06-26-2010, 12:08 AM
have Rush on Tuesday!! im so excited!!

makethemsuffer12
06-26-2010, 06:00 AM
I can now add Ozzfest to my upcoming shows. :party:

For only TEN BUCKS! :party:

ravenheart
06-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Just got free tickets to see Ozzy.

idrinkwine732
06-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Just got free tickets to see Ozzy.

:finger2:

TonyD
06-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Are you going tonight?

idrinkwine732
06-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Are you going tonight?

High on Fire? Yep.

TonyD
06-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Cool, if I go I'll have my Kyuss shirt.

ravenheart
06-26-2010, 04:33 PM

Everyone who goes gets free tickets. It was a combination of a ballot and competitions. Part of a month long "festival". Most of the acts are pop but one or two are rock and you just put your name down for the ones you want go to.

idrinkwine732
06-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Cool, if I go I'll have my Kyuss shirt.

I'll be one of possibly many in a Mastodon shirt.

idrinkwine732
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Shit man, it was Kyuss! I was thinking the whole show "where's the guy in the Sleep shirt?"

But I remember a guy in a Kyuss shirt I was right next to during High on Fire.

TonyD
06-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Shit man, it was Kyuss! I was thinking the whole show "where's the guy in the Sleep shirt?"

But I remember a guy in a Kyuss shirt I was right next to during High on Fire.

:lol: I was next to you the whole time

JLRedWing13
06-27-2010, 12:51 AM
:lol: I was next to you the whole time
:lol:

Sinfulsot
06-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Some shows I am considering.

7/17 - Soilwork
7/31 - Primus
8/7 - Boris (vs Kiss)
9/23 - Iced Earth
9/24 - Alice in Chains/Mastodon
9/16 & 19 - Nevermore
11/20 - Epica

daimonos
06-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Most likely going to Iron Maiden on 7/14

I'm trying to drive to Cleveland on 8/5 for Summer Slaughter, I wanna see Decapitated, Vital Remains, Decrepit Birth, and Cephalic Carnage

8/7 Mayhem is probably a definite.

Already have my tickets for Ozzfest on 8/19

and I think my dad has tickets for Rush in September

DethMaiden
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Decided to tell Porcupine Tree to go fuck themselves since the setlist with Coheed will most likely be disc one of the Incident and maybe like one other song. Going to Coheed alone the next night on a weekend for cheaper and much closer instead.

ravenheart
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Booking up a trip to Paris, France to see Kreator + Exodus + Death Angel + Suicidal Angels on the Thrashfest tour at the Elysee Montmartre in December.

mankvill
06-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Vektor - July 26th

Cross Examination will be here in about a week, also.

idrinkwine732
06-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Vektor - July 26th

:finger2::finger2:Tell them that they MUST get to San Francisco one of these days.:finger2::finger2:

Booking problems stopped them from getting here.

Natrlhi
06-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Booking up a trip to Paris, France to see Kreator + Exodus + Death Angel + Suicidal Angels on the Thrashfest tour at the Elysee Montmartre in December.Stop by Gojira's house and tell them to hurry the fuck up and release some new shit and get back stateside.

idrinkwine732
06-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Stop by Gojira's house and tell them to hurry the fuck up and release some new shit and get back stateside.

I'm feeling this winter will be my second Gojira show...

That EP should be out soon...

TonyD
06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm feeling this winter will be my second Gojira show...

That EP should be out soon...

Doin it for tha whales!

ravenheart
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Stop by Gojira's house and tell them to hurry the fuck up and release some new shit and get back stateside.

Fuck Stateside, play London!

mankvill
06-30-2010, 01:17 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs038.snc4/34259_10150215800450109_440799170108_13082410_3437 487_n.jpg

Daaaamn, this show just got insane.

Heard great stuff about Gravehill and Cardiac Arrest. And I love Cemetary Rapist and Intestinal Alien Reflux.

idrinkwine732
06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Cardiac Arrest

:metal::rocker::metal:

JLRedWing13
06-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Scorpions tomorrow. My first and last time seeing them. Hopefully Klaus is better.

ravenheart
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Tuska Open-Air tomorrow.

Devin Townsend playing Ziltoid The Omniscient
Obituary
Satyricon
Pain
Tarot
Insomnium
Testament
Barren Earth

idrinkwine732
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Insomnium
Barren Earth

I have been waiting patiently for these ones...:finger2:

mankvill
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
http://images.socialplan.com/a3caccfde7884db8_b37bd9ba143028c9_p.jpg

Just found out about this. I'm dying to see Devourment live.

But it's right outside of St. Louis...

But I have family in St. Louis!

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I have been waiting patiently for these ones...:finger2:

I missed Barren Earth, and Insomnium were dull.

ravenheart
07-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Right, Tuska down, Dio memorial gig down, next up: Ozzy in London tonight.

Maiden33
07-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Iron Maiden w/ Dream Theater @ PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ - July 11th
Iron Maiden w/ Dream Theater @ Jiffy lube live - Bristow, VA - July 20th
Y&T @ The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA - August 5th
Joe Stump @ Croc Rock - Allentown, PA - August 6th
Kansas @ The Strand Capitol Performing Arts Center - York, PA - October 29th

TonyD
07-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Right, Tuska down, Dio memorial gig down, next up: Ozzy in London tonight.

You make that sound like a chore.

mankvill
07-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Queensryche, Oct. 28th.

Meh.

ravenheart
07-04-2010, 04:09 AM
You make that sound like a chore.

Tiring, certainly. But fun.

Next up is Buddy Guy tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it less than I was, I must admit. I'd rather sleep at this point.

andrew_metalhead
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
For me this is what's coming up this month:

07/07 - Fear Factory
07/09 - Rattlehead
07/10 - Mayhem Fest
07/11 - Just Like Priest
07/15 - Michael Schenker Group
07/18 - Summer Slaughter
07/19 - Warbringer
07/22 - Cynic
07/23 - Queensryche
07/24 - Led Zepagain
07/27 - Thrash & Burn
07/31 - The Scorpions

JLRedWing13
07-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Mushroomhead next week (a friend's band is opening too), Maiden the week after, possibly AILD the day after, then Cynic August 1.

ravenheart
07-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Quiet spell for me coming up. No one bothers touring late July through early September here. So after Buddy Guy tomorrow I've got the High Voltage Festival July 24 and 25, then nothing until late September.

Hopefully someone playing Bloodstock will slot in a London show around that weekend. That's been my only August gig for the last two years!

mankvill
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/87/l_4192d30178604f5bb3be6c18671b8eb0.jpg

ravenheart
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/87/l_4192d30178604f5bb3be6c18671b8eb0.jpg

First time you've posted a package tour poster that actually looks good :finger:

mankvill
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
First time you've posted a package tour poster that actually looks good :finger:

:finger:

Early Man is alright, but I'm pretty excited for Evile and Bonded By Blood. :shred:

inb4Dayan

bt11763
07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I can now add Ozzfest to my upcoming shows. :party:

For only TEN BUCKS! :party:

oh shit you did get them? :party:

and next show for me:

IRON FUCKING MAIDENNNNN

finally popping my cherry :D

ravenheart
07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Early Man is alright, but I'm pretty excited for Evile and Bonded By Blood. :shred:

Not seen Bonded, but Evile are awesome.

JLRedWing13
07-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Not seen Bonded, but Evile are awesome.

Evile were a lot of fun to watch on the Kreator tour.

Sinfulsot
07-06-2010, 04:39 AM
Tix in hand:
9/24 - Alice in Chains

Tix waiting to arrive:
8/14 - Slayer/Megadeth
9/23 - Iced Earth
10/19 - Nevermore

Tix to acquire via box office (if available)
8/7 - Boris

ravenheart
07-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Evile were a lot of fun to watch on the Kreator tour.

I'd like a tour with those two.

Although, the next European Kreator tour has Exodus, Death Angel and Suicidal Angels, so... ;)

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 10:51 AM
oh shit you did get them? :party:

and next show for me:

IRON FUCKING MAIDENNNNN

finally popping my cherry :D

Have fun at Madison Shit Garden :tongue:

idrinkwine732
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd like a tour with those two.

Although, the next European Kreator tour has Exodus, Death Angel and Suicidal Angels, so... ;)

:finger2::finger2::finger2:

My next show is Maiden at the Garden as well.

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
My next show is Maiden at the Garden as well.

You live in California...and you're seeing Maiden on the other side of the country? :confused:

idrinkwine732
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
You live in California...and you're seeing Maiden on the other side of the country? :confused:

Damn skippy :cool:

College touring takes a backseat when great tours are in town.

IrritatedTrout
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Do you have a pit ticket?

idrinkwine732
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Do you have a pit ticket?

I fucking want one, but no. I grabbed a seat on the floor.

JLRedWing13
07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Damn skippy :cool:

College touring takes a backseat when great tours are in town.

After all this you'd better pick a school over in this area of the country.

idrinkwine732
07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm not even looking at schools out here, except for one or two safeties.

daimonos
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM

You just wanted to go see Slayer ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood "out here" :lol:

JLRedWing13
07-06-2010, 05:30 PM

By "out here" you mean Cali?

idrinkwine732
07-06-2010, 05:40 PM
By "out here" you mean Cali?

I mean west of the Mississippi.

JLRedWing13
07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I mean west of the Mississippi.

Oooooh.

bt11763
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Have fun at Madison Shit Garden :tongue:

i will :finger:

also, i would liek to retract that last statement, my next show:

LADY FUCKING GAGA!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker: :shred: :party:

yes i'm serious and i'm so fucking excited

TonyD
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUU I missed the presale for DTP VIP packages.

ChildrenofSodom
07-07-2010, 11:40 AM
LADY FUCKING GAGA!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker: :shred: :party:

yes i'm serious and i'm so fucking excited

Aren't her tickets, like, 150 bucks?

I don't get it...not so much her, but with rappers and country singers and the Blue Collar comedians...they claim to be from these humble beginnings and their fans are presumably lower-class people....why do they charge so much money for their tickets?

DethMaiden
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Aren't her tickets, like, 150 bucks?

I don't get it...not so much her, but with rappers and country singers and the Blue Collar comedians...they claim to be from these humble beginnings and their fans are presumably lower-class people....why do they charge so much money for their tickets?

Totally out of their hands, unfortunately. Record labels can make the most money off of the most popular artists. They make so much more money than bands who play 5 dollar shows, too, so it's not like they need the ticket revenue.

Tool and Pearl Jam have both ranted about this at length.

Div
07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Iron Maiden

ChildrenofSodom
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Totally out of their hands, unfortunately. Record labels can make the most money off of the most popular artists. They make so much more money than bands who play 5 dollar shows, too, so it's not like they need the ticket revenue.

Tool and Pearl Jam have both ranted about this at length.

Yeah, I figured that much. But if you've read about the, I would say, lavish accommodations some artists get, it makes you think that maybe they could stand to lower prices a bit.

On the other hand, only white middle class girls go to rap and country concerts...and they (their parents) can afford to pay that much.

Div
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Minus the Bear tonite

mankvill
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Minus the Bear tonite

pretty good band. i like them. hard to believe they come from ex-Botch members, though.

makethemsuffer12
07-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Maiden on Sunday! :party:

Though I'm still pissed about DOD> Paschendale :mad: