PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

mankvill
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Be prepared for Kansas to fucking rule.

:cool: about time you guys came around. Kansas does fucking rule.

and the band ain't too bad either.

daimonos
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
... seats?

yeah i know it's bullshit.

Pittsburgh doesn't have any venues big enough for bigger metal bands, so both the Mastodon and Megadeth shows are playing in what's basically an orchestra concert hall.

That's alot of the reason why most tours skip Pittsburgh - There's nowhere to play.

mankvill
02-23-2010, 01:53 PM
yeah i know it's bullshit.

Pittsburgh doesn't have any venues big enough for bigger metal bands, so both the Mastodon and Megadeth shows are playing in what's basically an orchestra concert hall.

That's alot of the reason why most tours skip Pittsburgh - There's nowhere to play.

That kind of sucks, but maybe it's okay for bands like Mastodong and Baroness. :)

daimonos
02-23-2010, 01:56 PM
That kind of sucks, but maybe it's okay for bands like Mastodong and Baroness. :)

yeah it does i think lol.

But these two shows are the first time i've seen metal bands play there since Queensryche was doing their Operation Mindcrime II tour a couple years ago.

Most bands that come to Pittsburgh play in a like 600 capacity gutted out church, and there's a couple other places that are similiar in size, so we don't really get that many "bigger" metal bands I guess you'd say.

But you're right I think, I don't care that there are seats because it is Mastodon and Baroness, so it won't be bad at all. The Megadeth/Testament/Exodus show however just wouldn't work out right I don't think lol. But that sold out already anyways...

ravenheart
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Just booked High Voltage Festival in London in July.

ZZ Top
Heaven & Hell
Black Label Society
Gary Moore
Joe Bonamassa
Down
Venom
Clutch
Magnum
The Quireboys
UFO
The Answer
The Union

More to be confirmed, particularly metal bands for the Metal Hammer Stage.

Plus stuff I probably won't watch:
Marillion
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Asia
Transatlantic
Pendragon
The Reasoning
Touchstone
Bachman & Turner
Zappa Plays Zappa
Focus
Wishbone Ash
Uriah Heep
Steve Hackett

Maiden33
02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Plus stuff I probably won't watch:
Marillion
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Asia
Transatlantic
Pendragon
Steve Hackett

I have a Prog-loving friend who would be stabbing you repeatedly right about now.

TonyD
02-23-2010, 04:35 PM
got my tickets for Mastodon and Baroness last night

3rd row, left side of the stage. Should be a good time.
Usually seats would suck but for Baroness and Mastodon (doing mostly CTS), it might be cool.

I totally think shitty. Last time we had Job For A Cowboy in the special guest slot, for Christ sakes.

And Dave had the cheek to call it "Gigantour".

I fully expect something roughly as bad when they come back next time.

To be fair, their last tour of the states had Suicide Silence

ravenheart
02-24-2010, 06:05 AM
I have a Prog-loving friend who would be stabbing you repeatedly right about now.

Yeah, I think the festival is attracting the proggers more than the metallers at the moment.

The organisers are blatantly prog fans, because they've packed the Prog Stage but have only booked four bands for the metal stage so far.

mankvill
02-24-2010, 12:48 PM
April 5:

Born Of Osiris
Oceano

oh

hell

yes

mankvill
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
March 16th in Lincoln, NE

Pentagram

Hmmmmm :hmm:

ravenheart
02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
April 29 - Cathedral/Church of Misery/The Gates of Slumber

mankvill
03-01-2010, 04:48 PM
FUCK why do amazing bands always open up for fucking Job For A Cowboy?

May 11th - Cattle Decapitation, Revocation, Enfold Darkness in Springfield, MO

May 22nd - Job For A Cowboy, Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation in Lawrence, KS

Last time I went to a JFAG show I got into a fight with scene kids.

Maiden33
03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Just found out that the WASP show I'm going in two weeks is up to SIX opening bands. What the fuck, seriously? Guess I'm not showing up until about 10 pm.

ravenheart
03-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Just found out that the WASP show I'm going in two weeks is up to SIX opening bands. What the fuck, seriously? Guess I'm not showing up until about 10 pm.

And W.A.S.P. won't play any longer than about 70 minutes either.

ADD
03-02-2010, 12:09 PM
April 29 - Cathedral/Church of Misery/The Gates of Slumber
:blaze:

makethemsuffer12
03-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Kreator coming up on saturday.

Maiden33
03-02-2010, 02:10 PM
And W.A.S.P. won't play any longer than about 70 minutes either.

I know. :flame:

Oh well. It's 10 minutes away and $12.50 for tickets. Can't complain I guess.

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Considering:

4/11 - High on Fire
4/18 - Mastodon
4/20 - Alice In Chains
5/29 and 5/30 - Maryland Deathfest

It all depends on the cash situation but I'd really like to see all of those.

TonyD
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
4/11 - High on Fire
4/18 - Mastodon
4/20 - Alice In Chains

:eek: do it

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
:eek: do it

Well, looks like AiC won't be happening as they've called off the show in order to make up an NC date they had to postpone last night because of the flu. Really hope they don't have to postpone the DC show today.:snivel:

TonyD
03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Well, looks like AiC won't be happening as they've called off the show in order to make up an NC date they had to postpone last night because of the flu. Really hope they don't have to postpone the DC show today.:snivel:

Oh since you're already seeing them... today, that would be the one to skip. I saw them in November and didn't bother catching this tour, though it would have been nice to hear some new stuff.

xStructualDefect
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Unearth 3/6 - maybe
Amon Amarth / Eluveitie 4/8 - most likely
Darkest Hour - maybe
Mastodon / BTBAM 5/7 - debating this one. i would primarily go for BTBAM. although i did like Crack The Skye but i find it very overrated.
CA Metalfest 5/15 - most likely

DethMaiden
03-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Everything in my sig with a penciled in question mark on American Carnage. Also, what the FUCK, Immortal. If you're gonna tour, TOUR. :mad: :mad:

mankvill
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Everything in my sig with a penciled in question mark on American Carnage. Also, what the FUCK, Immortal. If you're gonna tour, TOUR. :mad: :mad:

Every two days, they pimp the "tour" on their Twitter. "GET YOUR TIX, NORTH AMERICAN HORDES!"
:hmm:

ravenheart
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Just heard Death Angel are supporting Nevermore in London.

WIN!

Derelict
03-08-2010, 10:10 AM
BtBaM/Baroness are doing an offdate show from the Mastodon here in April, $15...i think that will be attended

Natrlhi
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Dudes! I just found out some most excellent news!

Rose Funeral is coming to Cleveland for a show at Peabody's on April 19. Tickets are $8 / $10 day of show. They haven't even anounced opening acts yet, but clearly I will be there if the price is that low. Fuck yes!

mankvill
03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Dudes! I just found out some most excellent news!

Rose Funeral is coming to Cleveland for a show at Peabody's on April 19. Tickets are $8 / $10 day of show. They haven't even anounced opening acts yet, but clearly I will be there if the price is that low. Fuck yes!

$8 / $10 + the cost of an Uno deck?

idrinkwine732
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Who doesn't already have an Uno deck?

mankvill
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Who doesn't already have an Uno deck?

I don't think I do. :bawling:

Natrlhi
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Sheeit, mang - I already own an Uno deck, and I don't really use it, so why not throw a couple of random cards up on the stage?

The funny part would be that there is no WAY one of those fuckers tries to start shit with me...I'm 6'-4" / around 250 (and most of that's muscle), and I just don't look like the kind of guy that a bunch of twenty-somethings should be fucking with...let's just put it that way. It'd be hilarious to see the looks on their faces if they started getting ready to jump off the stage at the sight of the Uno cards, and then took a look at me and just stopped dead in their tracks and stood there like "Oh shit, what do we do now?" :D Plus, I have a few friends that are even bigger than I am, and let's just say they can definitely defend themselves. None of us has ever gone looking for fights, because that's not how we are - but none of us has ever lost one we've been involved in, either. ;)

TonyD
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't think I do. :bawling:

Dig $1.50 out of your couch and go to Walgreens

ADD
03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Earth and WITTR April 20th, timely.

Maiden33
03-11-2010, 09:59 PM
BtBaM/Baroness are doing an offdate show from the Mastodon here in April, $15...i think that will be attended

Watch out, it's at the world's worst venue. I don't know if you've ever been to Croc Rock, but prepare for the worst. I'm seeing WASP there on Monday - website says there's going to be NINE opening bands. Yes, nine. And that's become close to typical, not to mention the venue is a craphole with horrible sound. It sucks because it's a venue within 10 minutes of my house that books like 3 national acts a year I would consider seeing, but it is horrible.

ADD
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Death Angel for free April 14th, Across Tundras for free April 7th, High on Fire for money April 23rd :rocker:

Derelict
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Watch out, it's at the world's worst venue. I don't know if you've ever been to Croc Rock, but prepare for the worst. I'm seeing WASP there on Monday - website says there's going to be NINE opening bands. Yes, nine. And that's become close to typical, not to mention the venue is a craphole with horrible sound. It sucks because it's a venue within 10 minutes of my house that books like 3 national acts a year I would consider seeing, but it is horrible.

I've had ok luck there - we usually just sit outside at the bar for all of the dreck that usually opens.

mankvill
03-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Earth and WITTR April 20th, timely.

wwwoooooaaaahhhh

fuck, i'll probably hear that one all the way here.

DethMaiden
03-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Going to try VERY VERY hard to get to the Lady Gaga show in Cleveland. Day before Maiden but if I can work out ride-sharing and afford a ticket, it will happen.

JuuKun
03-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, the Black Dahlia Murder, Obscura, Augury, and Hatesphere show on Sunday got moved from Cambridge to Harper's Ferry in Allston, and the show's at 2 or 3 in the afternoon (the venue's website lists another show for that night). It's only $15 at the door, I might not like BDM but that is some solid support, I've been wanting to see Obscura so maybe...

Derelict
03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Faith No More is playing NYC the day I get home from Finland (and the day after Tuska). Two days, two concerts, two hemispheres - I think I can do it.

IrritatedTrout
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Decided that because I have a little spare cash and no other concerts in April I'm gonna go see Mastodon in Richmond. They were awesome last time but hopefully they do Blood and Thunder this time around.

ravenheart
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Just discovered Shrinebuilder have added a whole run of European dates around their Roadburn appearance, so...

April
18 - Shrinebuilder/Black Math Horseman

idrinkwine732
03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Just discovered Shrinebuilder have added a whole run of European dates around their Roadburn appearance, so...

April

Looking at your upcoming show list makes me wish I still lived there...:mad:

ravenheart
03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Apart from Cathedral all those bands have toured the US recently haven't they?

My full list currently stands thus for 2010:

January
3 - The Hoax

February
3 - Saint Vitus/Orange Goblin
25 - Overkill/Suicidal Angels/Savage Messiah

March
20 - Edguy

April
3 - Iron Void/Iron Hearse/Leather Nun (maybe)
5 - Opeth
9 - Theory of A Deadman/Halestorm
23 - The Quireboys
29 - Cathedral/Church of Misery/The Gates of Slumber
30 - Arch Enemy/Entombed/Sabbat

May
6 - Hammerfall/Dream Evil
13 - KISS
15 - Fozzy/Halcyon Way/Nightvision/The Jokers
18 - Nevermore/Death Angel
23 - Oli Brown/Joanne Shaw Taylor

June
6 - Rage Against The Machine
9-12 - Sweden Rock Festival (Aerosmith/Guns N' Roses/Slayer/Danzig/Fates Warning etc.)
17 - Richie Kotzen

July
24-25 - High Voltage Festival (Down/Heaven And Hell/Black Label Society/ZZ Top/Venom/Clutch etc.)

September
26 - Blind Guardian

October
8 - Tristania
14 - Sabaton
31 - Therion/Loch Vostok/Leprous

idrinkwine732
03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen Opeth before, Shrinebuilder played a bar, I saw Arch Enemy, Hammerfall were on a weeknight, KISS was too expensive, and Cathedral just haven't toured here.

ravenheart
03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Hammerfall were on a weeknight

Too far to travel?

idrinkwine732
03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, usually the next day shows are in Portland or LA, which are too far for me to drive. Occasionally I'll luck out and get the next day's show in Sacramento or something, but that's rare.

mankvill
03-20-2010, 05:34 PM
04/02 - Weedeater w/ The Gates Of Slumber, Black Tusk, Struck By Lightning
04/23 - The Flaming Lips w/ The Dead Weather, Minus The Bear, White Rabbits
05/02 - Cannibal Corpse w/ 1349, Skeletonwitch, Lecherous Nocturne
05/10 - Converge w/ Coalesce, Lewd Acts, Black Breath
05/11 - Rodrigo Y Gabriella
OR
05/11 - Cattle Decapitation w/ Revocation, Enfold Darkness
05/13 - As I Lay Dying w/ Demon Hunter, Blessthefall, War Of Ages
OR
05/13 - Reverend Horton Heat w/ Cracker
05/16 - Mastodon w/ Between The Buried And Me, Baroness, Valient Thorr
05/22 - Job For A Cowboy w/ Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation
06/03 - Styx w/ Foreigner, Kansas
06/04 - KEN mode w/ Gaza
06/11 - The Gates Of Slumber
08/02 - Warped Tour
08/23 - American Carnage

DethMaiden
03-20-2010, 05:42 PM
04/02 - Weedeater w/ The Gates Of Slumber, Black Tusk, Struck By Lightning

Give you a dollar if you give me the setlists. All of those bands rule. :bliss:

mankvill
03-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Give you a dollar if you give me the setlists. All of those bands rule. :bliss:

:lol: I'll certainly try.

TonyD
03-21-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm thinking about going to see Pentagra with Ludicra & Slough Feg in SF on Wednesday. I'm not even gonna ask anybody's opinion on to go or not, cause I know the answer, but how often does Pentagram come around? It's the night before the last day of class and it might be a do nothing day.

mastodon421
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Here's what i got coming up
For Sure
4/24 New England Metal and Hardcore Festival
7/13 Warped Tour
7/27 Mayhem Festival
8/14 American Carnage

Maybe
4/2 Overkill,Vader,God Dethroned,Warbringer
5/17 Coheed and Cambria

JuuKun
03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Just found out that God Dethroned might be playing a show in New Britain, CT next Wednesday night for $5. Trying to find out for sure because if they are, even though it's 2 hours away on a school night, I am SO FUCKING THERE. That'll mean getting to see one of my favorite bands 3 times in the span of a month, :rocker: Hell yes.

EDIT: Just got the confirmation that though they were supposed to play, they canceled a few weeks ago. I guess it was some fest or something. Damn. Atleast I've got the Palladium & Club Hell shows...

makethemsuffer12
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I might go see Kataklysm on April 2nd. They're playing about 15 minutes away from where I live and the tickets are only 18 bucks or so.

DethMaiden
03-26-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm increasingly wanting to go see Mono in Cleveland May 24th. It's two days after the Mastodon show so I'd almost have to choose between them, but goddamn, I bet a Mono show is massive, and that Pelican set at Scion reminded me how much I love live post-whatever. :hmm:

Natrlhi
03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm increasingly wanting to go see Mono in Cleveland May 24th. It's two days after the Mastodon show so I'd almost have to choose between them, but goddamn, I bet a Mono show is massive, and that Pelican set at Scion reminded me how much I love live post-whatever. :hmm:

Pro: Mono is awesome live. I saw them opening for High on Fire a few years back, and they won me over bigtime.

Con: The Twilight Sad is nothing more than an Indie rock outfit from Scotland. They are OK and all, but they are a pretty unlikely pairing with a band like Mono. I could see if it was a Mogwai show, because they're from Scotland, too, and they have a little more of a rock bent to them, but Mono plus TTS is just a bit weird. That sad, I might still go. :eyes:

DethMaiden
03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Pro: Mono is awesome live. I saw them opening for High on Fire a few years back, and they won me over bigtime.

Con: The Twilight Sad is nothing more than an Indie rock outfit from Scotland. They are OK and all, but they are a pretty unlikely pairing with a band like Mono. I could see if it was a Mogwai show, because they're from Scotland, too, and they have a little more of a rock bent to them, but Mono plus TTS is just a bit weird. That sad, I might still go. :eyes:

So it's probably a no-brainer to choose Mastodon/Baroness/BTBAM over Mono in this case, but if I can pull off both, I probably will. The Mono gig is only 12 bucks, after all.

Natrlhi
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
^ Zaktly.

ravenheart
03-27-2010, 08:03 AM
We have Russian Circles coming here soon. Earthless as support...

TonyD
03-27-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nat says you should go.

ADD
03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Go fasho.

Lecherous Gaze and Lazy Dogs tonight.

Chyck
03-27-2010, 01:16 PM
4/16: Deceased
4/17 (2PM show): Ludicra

I wasn't 100% sure on driving to Boston to go see Deceased until I realized that Ludicra was playing in the same venue the next day. Who am I to resist 2 shows in 2 days for $20? Unfortunately, the only copies I have of any of Deceased's stuff are raw, grungy bootlegs that I've had forever, so I'm kind of going into this blind.

So - any opinions on them? How are they live?

Akumu
03-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Semi-officially going to Sonata next week, officially going to Finntroll/Moonsorrow on April 9th, and still debating whether or not to go to Karnivool on the 2nd.

rjturtle9
03-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Hammerfall/Powerglove tonight, then Powerglove headlining show tomorrow night :D

Then a House of Blues tribute show on Tuesday, Megadeth Wednesday, and maybe Immortal on Friday. This next Week is gonna be an epic one :rocker:

ravenheart
03-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nat says you should go.

I probably won't. Even though I love both bands.

Maiden33
03-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Gonna go see Joe Stump on Saturday because he's playing for $10 about 10 minutes from my house. Should be neat.

Natrlhi
03-28-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nat says you should go.:agree: :horns:

I probably won't. Even though I love both bands.:nonono: :mad: :boohoo:

ravenheart
03-28-2010, 06:47 AM
What can I say? I love listening to genius-level instrumental albums like theirs, but watching it live bores me to tears, which is a shame, but it's proven true every time.

ADD
03-28-2010, 04:22 PM
What can I say? I love listening to genius-level instrumental albums like theirs, but watching it live bores me to tears, which is a shame, but it's proven true every time.
So close your eyes. Unless its an Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd or Lauren Harris show there ain't much exciting stuff to look at, the point is whats goin on behind the eyes n between the ears.

ravenheart
03-29-2010, 02:31 AM
So close your eyes. Unless its an Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd or Lauren Harris show there ain't much exciting stuff to look at, the point is whats goin on behind the eyes n between the ears.

That doesn't add lyrics to the songs, now does it? And plenty of other bands are capable of providing a visual attraction than just those. lol.

Natrlhi
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM

I don't know, man. They blew me away the two-and-a-half times I saw them live. Just sayin'.

ADD
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
That doesn't add lyrics to the songs, now does it? And plenty of other bands are capable of providing a visual attraction than just those. lol.

I think lyrics are by far the least important aspect of music. Most of us would rather listen to a band with music that kicks and writes about glorifying Nazis than a band with shitty music that writes thought provoking philosophical lyrics. Why? Because there are more people who can and do think intelligently on their own about the ideas that expressed by great lyrics, but far fewer people can write an awesome riff. Another thing is the effect of the words on the listener is more subjective than the music, cuz some things will resonate more with certain people depending on their experiences, while anyone can appreciate great sounding music regardless of personal experience. Also what other visual attractions can bands provide other than giant mascots, backdrops, pyro, and hot chicks? I don't give a shit what the ugly smelly hairy dudes on stage look like, I'm only there cuz of the sound they make.

ravenheart
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't know, man. They blew me away the two-and-a-half times I saw them live. Just sayin'.

What's with the half?

ravenheart
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
I think lyrics are by far the least important aspect of music. Most of us would rather listen to a band with music that kicks and writes about glorifying Nazis than a band with shitty music that writes thought provoking philosophical lyrics. Why? Because there are more people who can and do think intelligently on their own about the ideas that expressed by great lyrics, but far fewer people can write an awesome riff. Another thing is the effect of the words on the listener is more subjective than the music, cuz some things will resonate more with certain people depending on their experiences, while anyone can appreciate great sounding music regardless of personal experience. Also what other visual attractions can bands provide other than giant mascots, backdrops, pyro, and hot chicks? I don't give a shit what the ugly smelly hairy dudes on stage look like, I'm only there cuz of the sound they make.

Nor does anyone else. But what makes Bruce Dickinson such a popular performer? That's what I'm talking about. Three guys standing stock-still playing their stuff just gets dull. If that's all a band's got for a live show I might as well stay home and turn the CD up real loud.

If Maiden turned up every night with no singer and playing instrumentals you, and everyone else, wouldn't go. Singing along to their songs, regardless of how bullshit the lyrics are, and watching Bruce bounce around like a retard is what makes an Iron Maiden show. The pyro and 15-foot Eddie are secondary, and in fact not even necessary. The first time I saw Maiden was at Brixton Academy, which is a 5,000 capacity theatre where they didn't have the room for the stage show. Didn't matter, because the band performs and the crowd joins in.

If a band isn't going to perform, why am I even there? Unless it's to sing along to songs I love. Which, again, can't be done at an instrumental show.

And it's nothing to do with not being able to appreciate the complexities and quality of the playing and the music either. Put me at an Arena show and I'll wax lyrical about how great the musicianship and the music is all night long... but I'll be singing along to the lyrics in between times, otherwise I just wouldn't be there.

I've been to several instrumental gigs for people I like, and it doesn't matter how much I love their CDs, the "shows" just bore me. I've given it a shot, but instrumental music for me is background stuff at home while I'm doing something else. I have a shit-tonne of it for precisely that purpose. Case in point, the new Red Sparowes. Fantastic disc. Won't be seeing them live any time soon though.

For me, instrumental shows are the musical equivalent of a poetry reading. I just don't need to be there to appreciate it.

ADD
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Nor does anyone else. But what makes Bruce Dickinson such a popular performer? That's what I'm talking about. Three guys standing stock-still playing their stuff just gets dull. If that's all a band's got for a live show I might as well stay home and turn the CD up real loud.

If Maiden turned up every night with no singer and playing instrumentals you, and everyone else, wouldn't go. Singing along to their songs, regardless of how bullshit the lyrics are, and watching Bruce bounce around like a retard is what makes an Iron Maiden show. The pyro and 15-foot Eddie are secondary, and in fact not even necessary. The first time I saw Maiden was at Brixton Academy, which is a 5,000 capacity theatre where they didn't have the room for the stage show. Didn't matter, because the band performs and the crowd joins in.

If a band isn't going to perform, why am I even there? Unless it's to sing along to songs I love. Which, again, can't be done at an instrumental show.

And it's nothing to do with not being able to appreciate the complexities and quality of the playing and the music either. Put me at an Arena show and I'll wax lyrical about how great the musicianship and the music is all night long... but I'll be singing along to the lyrics in between times, otherwise I just wouldn't be there.

I've been to several instrumental gigs for people I like, and it doesn't matter how much I love their CDs, the "shows" just bore me. I've given it a shot, but instrumental music for me is background stuff at home while I'm doing something else. I have a shit-tonne of it for precisely that purpose. Case in point, the new Red Sparowes. Fantastic disc. Won't be seeing them live any time soon though.

For me, instrumental shows are the musical equivalent of a poetry reading. I just don't need to be there to appreciate it.

If Maiden showed up and played only their instrumental songs I'd go forsure, though it'd be a bit short of a gig. That part of your argument is irrelevant because their songs aren't instrumental except for Transylvania Genghis Khan and Losfer Words. A band's stage energy/actions are just a reflection of their music. Maiden's music is typically high energy, hence the motion. I don't think most rock concerts satisfy as a spectacle of visual entertainment, nor do I think most rock performers view their projection of live music as needing a visual component.

mankvill
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
shit-tonne

ha

Natrlhi
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
What's with the half?

I crashed the last half of their set one time before I knew who they were, or because I didn't know they were playing that night (don't remember), but that's the night I fell in love with Russian Circles. :lovedup:

idrinkwine732
03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
I crashed the last half of their set one time before I knew who they were, or because I didn't know they were playing that night (don't remember), but that's the night I fell in love with Russian Circles. :lovedup:

That's a real Romeo and Juliet story right there. I'll let you decide which one you are.

Natrlhi
03-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Case in point, the new Red Sparowes. Fantastic disc.
You're got damn right (listening now, in fact). :rocker:

Won't be seeing them live any time soon though.Oh well. :( I will. :)

For me, instrumental shows are the musical equivalent of a poetry reading. I just don't need to be there to appreciate it.re: the first two words in the above...I am picturing an album title...

Instrumental Music in a Live Setting Is Excruciating (to Ravenheart), and Therein Lies His Point :D

I get it. Diff'rent Strokes for different folks. I dig the small shows with the intense instrumental bands for one reason, and the big arena shows for an altogether different type of high. Both make me happy, but you have slightly different tastes from mine. No big deal - rock on. :fist:

Natrlhi
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
That's a real Romeo and Juliet story right there. I'll let you decide which one you are.:party:

Tyler: How's that workin' out for ya?

Narrator: What?

Tyler: Being clever.

Derelict
03-29-2010, 09:22 PM
:party:

Tyler: How's that workin' out for ya?

Narrator: What?

Tyler: Being clever.

Pretty good

Well keep it up then

idrinkwine732
03-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I love that movie, but it's quite overrated.

TonyD
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Fight Club?

idrinkwine732
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Fight Club?

Bingo

xStructualDefect
03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Hammerfall/Powerglove tonight, then Powerglove headlining show tomorrow night :D

Then a House of Blues tribute show on Tuesday, Megadeth Wednesday, and maybe Immortal on Friday. This next Week is gonna be an epic one :rocker:

lol dam dude how do you afford all these shows? that Immortal show has got to be at least $55.

DethMaiden
03-29-2010, 10:56 PM

That's a bingo. It's in the Requiem for a Dream and Pulp Fiction club for movies regarded as all-time classics that are just pretty good.

mankvill
03-29-2010, 10:59 PM
That's a bingo. It's in the Requiem for a Dream and Pulp Fiction club for movies regarded as all-time classics that are just pretty good.

FUCK OFF

DethMaiden
03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
FUCK OFF

Third best Tarantino flick and you won't change my mind.

mankvill
03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Third best Tarantino flick and you won't change my mind.

:mad:

idrinkwine732
03-29-2010, 11:32 PM
FUCK OFF

I'm with you on this, one of my favorite movies of all time. Requiem for a Dream was just very powerful, and a great movie, but not one of the best of all time.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 06:37 AM
YOU'RE overrated. :mad: :flame: :finger2: :finger:

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 06:38 AM

YOU'RE just pretty good. :mad: :flame: :finger2: :finger:

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 06:39 AM
FUCK OFF

Good boy.

SomewhereInTime72
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM

http://eastanyhow.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mom3.jpg

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
^ :lol:

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Oh, I almost forgot: American Beauty is in that club, too. :fingers:

And for the record, I'm not calling these movies flaming pieces of crap (well, Requiem maybe, but not the other three), I just don't think they deserve the all-time greatest status that they all have.

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 04:48 PM
And for the record, I'm not calling these movies flaming pieces of crap (well, Requiem maybe, but not the other three)

JuuKun
03-30-2010, 04:54 PM
next two months:

04/02 - Overkill/Vader/God Dethroned
04/09 - Finntroll/Moonsorrow/Swallow the Sun
04/24 - NEMHF (PRIMORDIAL!!!)
05/01 - Alcest
05/02 - Vader/God Dethroned
05/22 - Primal Fear
05/25 - Gorguts

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM

Yeah, what Wine said. :mad:

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Okay, I'm oversimplifying my own argument here, but Requiem for a Dream boils down to two things: great cinematography and fucking unbearable characters who I have no sympathy for. I seriously wanted them all to go to jail or die, I just don't have any tolerance for people who fuck up their lives with drugs.

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Okay, I'm oversimplifying my own argument here, but Requiem for a Dream boils down to two things: great cinematography and fucking unbearable characters who I have no sympathy for. I seriously wanted them all to go to jail or die, I just don't have any tolerance for people who fuck up their lives with drugs.

Out of curiosity, have you ever done drugs or had problems before?

Because one of the reasons why I found the movie so compelling and powerful, was because I have had a brief history with drugs, but never to the extent of the characters in the movie. I've acknowledged the slippery slope involved with drugs, but I have a bunch of friends who take it too far. The movie really connected with me.

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Out of curiosity, have you ever done drugs or had problems before?

Because one of the reasons why I found the movie so compelling and powerful, was because I have had a brief history with drugs, but never to the extent of the characters in the movie. I've acknowledged the slippery slope involved with drugs, but I have a bunch of friends who take it too far. The movie really connected with me.

No, I've never done drugs, and maybe that kept me from enjoying it on some level, but I still found the characters completely unlikable and I had no sympathy for them or their situations. Not to come off like some straight-edge asshole, but you make your bed and you fucking lie in it. The movie looks absolutely gorgeous, but beyond that, I don't like it.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM

A word to the wise (and I mean that in a very literal sense): Be careful about how you throw around a statement like that - you never know to whom it may apply. There are a great many folks in various stages of recovery all about you who might take offense at such a statement - whether it was intended or not. Just sayin'.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
No, I've never done drugs, and maybe that kept me from enjoying it on some level, but I still found the characters completely unlikable and I had no sympathy for them or their situations. Not to come off like some straight-edge asshole, but you make your bed and you fucking lie in it. The movie looks absolutely gorgeous, but beyond that, I don't like it.But herein lies the crux of the matter: I don't necessarily think Aronofsky wanted you to sympathize with the characters - I think he wanted you to be outraged (and by the sound of things, he succeeded with you! ;)). I think the point is that we are all much more fragile than we think - just a bad decision or two away from really fucking up our lives, if we're not careful. Not meant in a parable sense - just an observation more than anything. At least that's what I got out of it.

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 07:45 PM
A word to the wise (and I mean that in a very literal sense): Be careful about how you throw around a statement like that - you never know to whom it may apply. There are a great many folks in various stages of recovery all about you who might take offense at such a statement - whether it was intended or not. Just sayin'.

I can respect that, but it's not like I'm totally insulated from situations like these. I have a very close friend who used to be top of his class and could have done anything he wanted with his life but he started smoking weed and it just snowballed from there until he started dealing and now he's barely got a diploma, works as a dish washer, and has three drug-related misdemeanors under his belt. Do I have sympathy for him? Hell fucking no, people told him to cut the shit and get his life together and he didn't. That's his problem, and for all my trying, he didn't fix it. And basically, the characters in Requiem for caricatures of my fucking retarded friend who had numerous chances to go straight and didn't. I just found their situations frustrating, honestly, maybe even more so because of my friend, who by all rights could be sitting right next to me at IU if he didn't lose his grip on reality and refuse to snap back into it.

</D.A.R.E. officer> :D

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 07:45 PM
But herein lies the crux of the matter: I don't necessarily think Aronofsky wanted you to sympathize with the characters - I think he wanted you to be outraged (and by the sound of things, he succeeded with you! ;)). I think the point is that we are all much more fragile than we think - just a bad decision or two away from really fucking up our lives, if we're not careful. Not meant in a parable sense - just an observation more than anything. At least that's what I got out of it.

Yeah, that's very fair, but see above for why it didn't work on me.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
...for all my trying, he didn't fix it. And basically, the characters in Requiem for caricatures of my fucking retarded friend who had numerous chances to go straight and didn't. I just found their situations frustrating, honestly, maybe even more so because of my friend, who by all rights could be sitting right next to me at IU if he didn't lose his grip on reality and refuse to snap back into it.Now I understand where you're coming from. My sympathies about your friend. Seriously. Hopefullly he or she will find the way - but you can't do it for them. Trust me on this - I know. They have to want it for themselves, and sometimes it takes an incomprehensible amount of pain before somebody like that is ready. All you can do for them is be there when they seriously ask for help - not the bail-me-out kind, but the "I am really ready to give up and ask for help - will you help me?" kind. ;)

Also, it's not just as simple as waking up one day and saying "I want to stop, so I will." Addiction runs way deeper than that, my friend - I know you can dig. ;)

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I can respect that, but it's not like I'm totally insulated from situations like these. I have a very close friend who used to be top of his class and could have done anything he wanted with his life but he started smoking weed and it just snowballed from there until he started dealing and now he's barely got a diploma, works as a dish washer, and has three drug-related misdemeanors under his belt. Do I have sympathy for him? Hell fucking no, people told him to cut the shit and get his life together and he didn't. That's his problem, and for all my trying, he didn't fix it. And basically, the characters in Requiem for caricatures of my fucking retarded friend who had numerous chances to go straight and didn't. I just found their situations frustrating, honestly, maybe even more so because of my friend, who by all rights could be sitting right next to me at IU if he didn't lose his grip on reality and refuse to snap back into it.

</D.A.R.E. officer> :D

I think that the movie was intended to do exactly this. It's meant to help you reflect upon things in your life or someone else's life. The fact that you had a close friend who was in a slippery slope situation with drugs brings out that emotion in you. It may been negative emotion, but it was emotion nonetheless. Making you outraged was what the movie was intended to do, and it sounds like that's what happened.

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Now I understand where you're coming from. My sympathies about your friend. Seriously. Hopefullly he or she will find the way - but you can't do it for them. Trust me on this - I know. They have to want it for themselves, and sometimes it takes an incomprehensible amount of pain before somebody like that is ready. All you can do for them is be there when they seriously ask for help - not the bail-me-out kind, but the "I am really ready to give up and ask for help - will you help me?" kind. ;)

Also, it's not just as simple as waking up one day and saying "I want to stop, so I will." Addiction runs way deeper than that, my friend - I know you can dig. ;)

Yeah, there was sympathy at first, but it became frustration somewhere along the way. I also hope he gets his shit together. But maybe you now have a glimpse into why I take no pleasure in watching Requiem for a Dream. :lol:

But I have no long, meaningful excuses for calling Fight Club, American Beauty, or Pulp Fiction overrated. They just are. :snivel:

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I think that the movie was intended to do exactly this. It's meant to help you reflect upon things in your life or someone else's life. The fact that you had a close friend who was in a slippery slope situation with drugs brings out that emotion in you. It may been negative emotion, but it was emotion nonetheless. Making you outraged was what the movie was intended to do, and it sounds like that's what happened.

Yeah, that's fair, I just...don't like that emotion, haha. Not to say I don't like movies that rattle the viewer, but that one just didn't hit me right, and I can't enjoy it.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 07:56 PM
^ But enough of this serious shit.

LET'S TALK ABOUT FUCKING METAL!!!

I'm gonna hit up that show at Skully's this weekend (see my sig). Are any of you metal heads gonna be out thataway? Cameron? Anybody?

My buddy Clay and I are making the road trip, and I'd love to hit the Waffle House with somebody from the board afterward and kick it re: teh metalz. Holla if youze gon' be aroun'.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Making you outraged was what the movie was intended to do, and it sounds like that's what happened.

Great minds must really think alike. Read my post above. :lol:

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
So you aren't a fan of sad movies? In the attempt to make the worst cliché ever, I like movies that make me feel real, and sometimes that means feeling sad, angry, frustrated, or whatever.

idrinkwine732
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
^ But enough of this serious shit.

LET'S TALK ABOUT FUCKING METAL!!!

I'm gonna hit up that show at Skully's this weekend (see my sig). Are any of you metal heads gonna be out thataway? Cameron? Anybody?

My buddy Clay and I are making the road trip, and I'd love to hit the Waffle House with somebody from the board afterward and kick it re: teh metalz. Holla if youze gon' be aroun'.

I wanna see High on Fire hella bad right now...

You going to be good for a setlist/review?

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
So you aren't a fan of sad movies? In the attempt to make the worst cliché ever, I like movies that make me feel real, and sometimes that means feeling sad, angry, frustrated, or whatever.Me too, but I can also appreciate Brad's position bigtime. Requiem seems to have hit a little too close to home. I get it.

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
So you aren't a fan of sad movies? In the attempt to make the worst cliché ever, I like movies that make me feel real, and sometimes that means feeling sad, angry, frustrated, or whatever.

Here's my top ten movies of all time list, you decide what kind of movies I like:

The Big Lebowski (1998)
Inglourious Basterds (2009)
Fargo (1996)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
There Will Be Blood (2007)
The Shining (1980)
All the President's Men (1976)
The Dark Knight (2008)
Amadeus (1984)
Mulholland Dr. (2001)

I mean, obviously I love a lot more than these, but in general movies that I like are dark and emotional but not necessarily sad. I like to have my head fucked with as much as the next guy, but I dunno, Requiem didn't work for me. And I list it with those other four because people who have very similar tastes to me recommend them like crazy.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
You going to be good for a setlist/review?NOW WHAT'S MY NAME, MUTHAH FUCKAH?!?

(or, "Does the Pope shit in the woods?")

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
The Big Lebowski (1998)
Fargo (1996)
The Shining (1980)
The Dark Knight (2008)
Amadeus (1984)
Mulholland Dr. (2001)

:party: I am in love with most of those.

Never saw Amadeus, actually, and don't really remember AtPM doing that much for me, but fucking BRAVO on the rest. Especially Fargo, Lebowski and The Shining. :fist:

EDIT: Oh, and I can damn near recite every line in Holy Grail. Not kidding one bit. I've seen that movie 76,534,535 times. It's almost unhealthy. :D

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I am in love with most of those. Never saw Amadeus, actually, and don't really remember AtPM doing that much for me, but fucking BRAVO on the rest. Especially Fargo, Lebowski and The Shining. :fist:

a) SEE AMADEUS. Seriously, I didn't think I'd like what basically amounts to a costume drama, but it's amazing.
b) I probably only love AtPM because it gives me such a rock-hard journalism boner. :D :eyes:
c) Fuck yes. :horns:

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 08:14 PM
b) I probably only love AtPM because it gives me such a rock-hard journalism boner. :D :eyes::lol: I'd figured as much. :D

TonyD
03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
There Will Be Blood? Really?

DethMaiden
03-30-2010, 08:20 PM

:hecho: :snivel: I don't like having to justify that one. You get it or you don't.

Chyck
03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
a) SEE AMADEUS. Seriously, I didn't think I'd like what basically amounts to a costume drama, but it's amazing.

Totally woke up with "Rock Me Amadeus" stuck in my head the other day. Go Falco, go.

And, on the note of upcoming shows - has anyone ever seen Deceased live? I'm wondering what I'm in for.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 08:30 PM

Oh yes. Really. Really, really.

TonyD
03-30-2010, 08:38 PM
I got it and still didn't think it was that great.

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Well then there goes the space-time continuum. Oh wait, that's movies, not metal. Shoosh. ;)

TonyD
03-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Maybe I'll get it when I'm an old geezer

es156
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Maybe I'll get it when I'm an old geezer

Zing!

:lol:

es156
03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
@Brad:

I have only seen 3 of your top 10.

:eyes:

Natrlhi
03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Zing!

:lol:
What are YOU laughing at? ;)

mankvill
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
04/02 - Weedeater w/ Gates Of Slumber, Black Tusk, Struck By Lightning
04/15 - Death Threat w/ Death Before Dishonor, The Mongoloids, xTHE WARx
04/23 - The Flaming Lips w/ The Dead Weather, Minus The Bear, White Rabbits, The Ettes, Stardeath & The White Dwarfs
05/08 - Alice Cooper w/ Rob Zombie
05/13 - As I Lay Dying w/ Demon Hunter, blessthefall, War Of Ages
05/16 - Mastodon w/ BTBAM, Baroness, Valient Thorr
05/22 - JFAC w/ Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation
05/26 - mc chris
06/04 - KEN mode w/ Gaza
06/09 - a bunch of pop punk bands on Bamboozle Road Show
06/29 - Skelator
07/03 - 311 w/ The Offspring, Pepper
08/02 - Warped Tour
08/23 - Slayer + Megadeth w/ Testament

u mad, ohio?

ravenheart
03-31-2010, 05:41 AM
5/4 - Opeth (Evolution XX show)
9/4 - Theory of a Deadman, Halestorm
18/4 - Shrinebuilder, Black Math Horseman
23/4 - The Quireboys
29/4 - Cathedral, Church of Misery, The Gates of Slumber
30/4 - Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Sabbat
6/5 - HammerFall
13/5 - KISS, Taking Dawn
15/5 - Fozzy, Halcyon Way, Nightvision, The Jokers
18/5 - Nevermore, Death Angel
6/6 - Rage Against The Machine
9/6 - U.D.O., The Quireboys, Dream Evil, F.K.U.
10/6 - Aerosmith, Slayer, Danzig, Stone Sour, Y&T, Death Angel, Jorn, Bigelf, Blackberry Smoke
11/6 - Cinderella, Billy Idol, Grave Digger, Mastodon, Michael Schenker Group, Suicidal Tendencies
12/6 - Guns N' Roses, W.A.S.P., Opeth, Fates Warning, Cathedral, Winger, Raven, Unisonic
17/6 - Richie Kotzen
24/7 - ZZ Top, Heaven & Hell, Gary Moore, Black Label Society, Orange Goblin, Lethargy, The Answer, The Union, Audrey Horne
25/7 - Joe Bonamassa, UFO, Down, Venom, The Quireboys, Clutch
26/9 - Blind Guardian
31/10 - Therion/Loch Vostok/Leprous

ChildrenofSodom
03-31-2010, 07:55 AM

u mad, ohio?

I will say that I am jealous.

DethMaiden
03-31-2010, 07:58 AM

I hate everyone who gets to see this goddamn amazing tour. :bouville:

Natrlhi
03-31-2010, 08:25 AM
u mad, ohio?
Not at all.

Observe:

04/02 - Weedeater w/ Gates Of Slumber, Black Tusk, Struck By Lightning Could go to this, but have to travel next week. Oh well. (The point is, we have a date.)
04/15 - Death Threat w/ Death Before Dishonor, The Mongoloids, xTHE WARx Wat? / WGAF
04/23 - The Flaming Lips w/ The Dead Weather, Minus The Bear, etc. etc. etc.I think we might have a date for this, but not sure...
05/02 - Cannibal Corpse w/ 1349, Skeletonwitch, Lecherous Nocturne No date that's extremely close, but could go if I really wanted to.
05/08 - Alice Cooper w/ Rob Zombie :zzz:
05/10 - Converge w/ Coalesce, Lewd Acts, Black Breath My date doesn't have Coalesce, so yes, I'm mad about this one. :mad:
05/11 - Cattle Decapitation w/ Revocation, Enfold Darkness Meh
05/13 - As I Lay Dying w/ Demon Hunter, blessthefall, War Of Ages Meh
05/16 - Mastodon w/ BTBAM, Baroness, Valient Thorr Thinking about going to the Pittsburgh date...
05/22 - JFAC w/ Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation The last two are OK, but the first two are FUKNO.
05/26 - mc chris :zzz:
06/04 - KEN mode w/ Gaza Wat? / WGAF
06/09 - a bunch of pop punk bands on Bamboozle Road Show Wat? / WGAF
06/29 - Skelator Wat? / WGAF
07/03 - 311 w/ The Offspring, Pepper :zzz:
08/02 - Warped Tour :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
08/23 - Slayer + Megadeth w/ Testament I'm going.

So no real skin off my nose. :D

DethMaiden
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
@Brad:

I have only seen 3 of your top 10.

:eyes:

Gonna guess The Dark Knight is one of 'em since everyone in the world has seen that, but otherwise not sure. Also, shame on you! ;)

Maiden33
03-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Joe Stump @ Croc Rock -- Allentown, PA -- April 3rd, 2010

Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ FM Kirby Center -- Wilkes Barre, PA -- April 9th, 2010 (Have tickets)

Primal Fear @ The Blender Theater -- New York, NY -- May 20th, 2010

Fates Warning @ The Webster Theater -- Hartford, CT -- June 4th, 2010

Iron Maiden w/ Dream Theater @ Jiffy lube live -- Bristow, VA -- July 20th, 2010 (Have tickets)

Prog Power USA XI (Nocturnal Rites, Seventh Wonder, DGM, Kamelot, Tarot, Illusion Suite, and Hammerfall) @ Center Stage -- Atlanta, GA -- September 10th and 11th, 2010 (Have tickets)

TonyD
03-31-2010, 10:21 AM
05/08 - Alice Cooper w/ Rob Zombie :zzz:

:nonono:

IrritatedTrout
03-31-2010, 10:28 AM

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that.

mankvill
03-31-2010, 10:57 AM
08/02 - Warped Tour :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Natty confirmed for not liking Andrew W.K. or The Dillinger Escape Plan.

mastodon421
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Here's my top ten movies of all time list, you decide what kind of movies I like:

The Big Lebowski (1998)
Fargo (1996)
The Shining (1980)
The Dark Knight (2008)
Amadeus (1984)
Mulholland Dr. (2001)

I mean, obviously I love a lot more than these, but in general movies that I like are dark and emotional but not necessarily sad. I like to have my head fucked with as much as the next guy, but I dunno, Requiem didn't work for me. And I list it with those other four because people who have very similar tastes to me recommend them like crazy.

Mullholland Drive really? I hated that movie but good picks otherwise (haven't seen Fargo or All The Presidents Men).

Back to metal/upcoming shows

For Sure
4/24 NEMHF
7/13 Warped Tour
7/27 Mayhem Fest
8/14 Megadeth/Slayer/Testament

Proably
6/20 GWAR
? Summer Slaughter

Maybe
5/1 Converge
6/3 Dying Fetus/Arsis/Annotations Of An Autopsy

DethMaiden
03-31-2010, 11:25 AM

Thirded. :nonono:

Mullholland Drive really? I hated that movie but good picks otherwise (haven't seen Fargo or All The Presidents Men).

If you're a David Lynch fan it doesn't get much better than Mulholland Dr. Just the right mix of accessibility and great cinematography and holy-shit-what-the-fuck-is-going-on nightmarish mindfucking.

mastodon421
03-31-2010, 11:26 AM

If you're a David Lynch fan it doesn't get much better than Mulholland Dr. Just the right mix of accessibility and great cinematography and holy-shit-what-the-fuck-is-going-on nightmarish mindfucking.

True man I am not big fan Of Lynch's work he's just not really my style.

es156
03-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Gonna guess The Dark Knight is one of 'em since everyone in the world has seen that, but otherwise not sure. Also, shame on you! ;)

The Shining and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, of course. Both classics.

TonyD
03-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Natty confirmed for not liking Andrew W.K. or The Dillinger Escape Plan.

I can deal with that lol

mankvill
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
I can deal with that lol

:finger2:

Natrlhi
04-01-2010, 06:26 AM

I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. I do have a few albums from each, just to be clear. I just don't get excited about seeing them live.

Natty confirmed for not liking Andrew W.K. or The Dillinger Escape Plan.Not exactly. I'd say I don't have anything against either band. I'd see them if they were part of a larger tour I was interested in, but Warped Tour certainly is not it. I have no interest in that tour, most of the bands on it, and especially the shitbird mallcore fans that would be in attendance. Pass - big fuckin' time.

TonyD
04-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Have you ever seen them live?

Natrlhi
04-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Them who?

TonyD
04-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Them who?

Rob Zombie and/or Alice Cooper

And on the topic of the thread, I haven't been to a real show since early December after seeing 4 in about a month :flame:
Amon Amarth/Fear Factory is next friday and I should have at least 1 a month til the beginning of next semester.

Natrlhi
04-01-2010, 09:13 AM

Them who?

Rob Zombie and/or Alice CooperI haven't, but I've seen videos and have friends who have seen them. I don't doubt that either show might be fun, but there are so many other shows I'd love to see that neither of those bands would end up on my radar screen unless it was by accident (i.e., going to a festival where they just happened to be on the bill). That's what I meant.

Natrlhi
04-01-2010, 09:45 AM
...oh, and:

4/3 High on Fire / Priestess / Black Cobra / Bison B.C. - Skully's - Columbus, OH

u mad, Kansas? ;)

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/highonfire/hammerstein2/16.jpg

THIS WEEKEND, BITCHES!!!

mankvill
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
...oh, and:

4/3 High on Fire / Priestess / Black Cobra / Bison B.C. - Skully's - Columbus, OH
]

Nope, cuz last time I saw them, it was

High On Fire
A Life Once Lost
Intronaut
Saviours

:3

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
http://images.jamsbio.com/images/tegansaralive.jpg

TOMORROW

U MAD, METALSETLISTS?

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 11:23 AM

TOMORROW

U MAD, METALSETLISTS?

Certainly not. Is one of them seriously supposed to be a guy?

mankvill
04-01-2010, 12:02 PM

TOMORROW

U MAD, METALSETLISTS?

holy God the one on the left is so fucking ugly.

Like, I understand they're lesbians, but god damn.

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 12:28 PM

No, they're identical female twins. :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM

I always thought one of them was supposed to be a guy too.

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
No, they're identical female twins. :eyes:

Then at some point someone on this board posted false information.

Not that I care.

SomewhereInTime72
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM

TOMORROW

U MAD, METALSETLISTS?

http://www.mcq.org/code/medias/images/gp/al-charrue-modif.jpg

(would plow)

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
http://www.mcq.org/code/medias/images/gp/al-charrue-modif.jpg

(would plow)

:party: Thank you.

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 02:20 PM
btw, real upcoming show: Maryland Death Fest 2012 :rocker: Graduation present from me to me, see you fuckers there.

makethemsuffer12
04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
So Lazarus A.D. is also playing at tomorrow's Kataklysm show. Definately going now.

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
btw, real upcoming show: Maryland Death Fest 2012 :rocker: Graduation present from me to me, see you fuckers there.

Graduation present for me in 2011 is Wacken. DAY RUINED.

Derelict
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM

I'm in

es156
04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Then at some point someone on this board posted false information.

No way.

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 03:42 PM
No way.

I no, rite?

idrinkwine732
04-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Guys, I'm going to be in the DC/Baltimore area and Philly between the 10th and the 18th, are there any shows going on around then I should check out?

High on Fire is a strong possibility.

DethMaiden
04-04-2010, 08:25 AM
August 6th: Altar of Plagues, Coffinworm, Velnia, +1 TBA

:eek: :drool: YES!

idrinkwine732
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Guys, I'm going to be in the DC/Baltimore area and Philly between the 10th and the 18th, are there any shows going on around then I should check out?

Anyone?

Natrlhi
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Anyone?

If you miss this, I will kill you. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13007)

idrinkwine732
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM
That good huh?

This will be my 2nd time seeing them, and they really were great the first time. I may also be seeing them prom night, the chick I was gonna ask got asked just the other day.

IrritatedTrout
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM

HOF is the only one I can think of. Check the Jaxx website though.

IrritatedTrout
04-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Blue Oyster Cult is playing a street festival in Hampton, VA this July. Two days before Maiden and it's free I think! Will definitely be there.

ravenheart
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Next week:

Firebird + The Wounded Kings + Trippy Wicked

Week after:

Shrinebuilder + Black Math Horseman

WIN :D

evildeadjedi
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Always been partial to Blue Velvet myself.

Other Shows coming up -

04/17 - Psychostick/ Green Jello / Nashville Pussy
06/23 - Totimoshi/ The Melvins

ChildrenofSodom
04-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Shit. I just found out Mouth of the Architect are playing in Columbus this Friday (probably can't make it) and that Skeletonwitch, Midnight, and a Death tribute band are playing next Thursday. $8 bucks, but I would probably miss this event on campus (these two authors debating whether the Bible addresses suffering or not.)

hmmm....decisions decisions.

DethMaiden
04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Skeletonwitch, Midnight, and a Death tribute band are playing next Thursday. $8 bucks, but I would probably miss this event on campus (these two authors debating whether the Bible addresses suffering or not.)

There is only one right decision here. :hmm:

ChildrenofSodom
04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
There is only one right decision here. :hmm:

Yeah, I know. I've read the author and really want to see him, but going to concert also has its merits ;) Also, it is a very far walk and I don't know if the buses go near the venue. And I have to get up at 7 the next morning.

TonyD
04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
So I guess I'm not going to see Amon Amarth/Fear Factory... :mad:
They're playing "Girl Gone Bad" from 1984 on the Giants post game radio wrap... I like our chances this year ;)

AnataFan4Life
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Just bought my tix for Cannibal Corpse/1349/Skeletonwitch/Lecherous Nocturne :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Opeth tomorrow!!!

Currently debating whether to enjoy the view/sound from further back or to crush myself against the railing and be 3 feet away from the band. ;)

ravenheart
04-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Opeth tomorrow!!!

Currently debating whether to enjoy the view/sound from further back or to crush myself against the railing and be 3 feet away from the band. ;)

Wasn't an issue in London. I was down the front in acres of space. Standing section was half full, at best. Very relaxed.

Standing tickets claimed to be sold out, so this must have been intentional.

ravenheart
04-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I know. I've read the author and really want to see him, but going to concert also has its merits ;) Also, it is a very far walk and I don't know if the buses go near the venue. And I have to get up at 7 the next morning.

See him do what?

ChildrenofSodom
04-07-2010, 04:49 AM
See him do what?

Debate a Christian guy about the aforementioned topic.

SomewhereInTime72
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Wasn't an issue in London. I was down the front in acres of space. Standing section was half full, at best. Very relaxed.

Standing tickets claimed to be sold out, so this must have been intentional.

Whoa, interesting. :D

ravenheart
04-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Debate a Christian guy about the aforementioned topic.

I'm sorry, you've lost me. What's the question?

ChildrenofSodom
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry, you've lost me. What's the question?

Go to a metal concert or go to see two authors debate.

ravenheart
04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Go to a metal concert or go to see two authors debate.

Nope, just not getting it.

ChildrenofSodom
04-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Nope, just not getting it.

I'm sure if you had to choose between a concert and, say, tea and crumpets, you would understand my problem.

mankvill
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm sure if you had to choose between a concert and, say, tea and crumpets, you would understand my problem.

:jima:

evildeadjedi
04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Shit. I just found out Mouth of the Architect are playing in Columbus this Friday (probably can't make it) and that Skeletonwitch, Midnight, and a Death tribute band are playing next Thursday. $8 bucks, but I would probably miss this event on campus (these two authors debating whether the Bible addresses suffering or not.)

What venue is hosting each of these shows?

ravenheart
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM

Tea wins every time, and you can keep the crumpets.

makethemsuffer12
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Apparently Rush is touring this summer. I'm not a huge fan, but I would love to see them at least once.

DethMaiden
04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Apparently Rush is touring this summer. I'm not a huge fan, but I would love to see them at least once.

Tour dates are supposedly going to be announced in the morning. I'm slightly nervous that a) they'll come to my least favorite venue on Earth like they did the last two times they hit Ohio and b) tickets will go on sale too fast and I won't be able to afford a decent ticket.

ChildrenofSodom
04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
What venue is hosting each of these shows?

Metal show is at least a half hour walk away, or a bus ride in an area of town notorious for crime, in a venue (I've never been to) that holds 200 people or so. And costs $8 and I go alone, and it will be over after midnight (well, after Skeletonwitch, lulz). And I have to get up early the next day.

Debate is in the Student Union, which is 500 feet from my dorm and is free and over around 9.

DethMaiden
04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
4.24- Alcest/Clad in Darkness/Velnias (Chicago)
5.22- Mastodon/Baroness/Between the Buried and Me/Valient Thorr (Lexington)
6.6- EyeHateGod/Nachtmystium/Black Tusk (Louisville)
7.2- Dream Theater (Columbus)
7.15- Iron Maiden/Dream Theater (Cleveland)
8.6- Altar of Plagues/Coffinworm/Velnias (Indianapolis)

This is as awesome as my concert calendar has EVER looked in my entire life. :drool:

ChildrenofSodom
04-08-2010, 03:23 PM
7.2- Dream Theater (Columbus)

I didn't know they were doing a one-off show. I wonder who the support will be.

DethMaiden
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I didn't know they were doing a one-off show. I wonder who the support will be.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an Evening With set.

ChildrenofSodom
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an Evening With set.

It said Openers TBA.

DethMaiden
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
It said Openers TBA.

Oh, well that could either be awesome or lame.

mankvill
04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Oh, well that could either be awesome or lame.

Avenged Sevenfold

DethMaiden
04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Avenged Sevenfold

Hey, I'd rock out to Bat Country and pay no attention the rest of the set. Whatever. :cool:

makethemsuffer12
04-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Waking the Fallen is a great album :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Hopefully Struck By Lightning. :D

But 90% likely not.

evildeadjedi
04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Metal show is at least a half hour walk away, or a bus ride in an area of town notorious for crime, in a venue (I've never been to) that holds 200 people or so. And costs $8 and I go alone, and it will be over after midnight (well, after Skeletonwitch, lulz). And I have to get up early the next day.

Debate is in the Student Union, which is 500 feet from my dorm and is free and over around 9.

I got ya what is the place called? Have you seen the bands before?

JuuKun
04-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Finntroll tonight!

May is packed with shows.

Just heard about Pentagram/Howl/Sin of Angels at Club Hell in June, which will kick intense amounts of ass, because hell, it's Pentagram. :rocker: I don't know Howl, but I'll check them out. Hope they're good, because if I go to Eyehategod I'll be seeing them twice in just about two weeks.

So many good shows coming up this year. :party:

ChildrenofSodom
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I got ya what is the place called? Have you seen the bands before?

The Summit. I've seen Skeletonwitch and Midnight once before, and it would be cool to see a Death tribute band. But i probably won't go.

evildeadjedi
04-09-2010, 03:41 PM
The Summit. I've seen Skeletonwitch and Midnight once before, and it would be cool to see a Death tribute band. But i probably won't go.

Oh I know of that place been there Cafe Bourbon Street and Ruby Tuesday a few times. The neighborhood isn't the best though you are right about that.

clm45320
04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
May 5th - As I Lay Dying and Demon Hunter!!!

evildeadjedi
04-12-2010, 05:01 PM
06/06/10 Toledo, OH Headliners(aka Jebs) Clutch with The BAKERTON Group, Lionize & NEVER GOT CAUGHT

FUCK YES!!!!! :rocker::blaze::party:

Derelict
04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
06/06/10 Toledo, OH Headliners(aka Jebs) Clutch with The BAKERTON Group, Lionize & NEVER GOT CAUGHT

Did they announce dates today?

Edit: damn I'll be in Finland for the Allentown date. Oh well. The good thing about lionize opening is that their keyboardist has done live songs with clutch before - I've seen him do never be moved and 100011 with them since Mick left

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Only Ohio date and it's the same day as EyeHateGod...fuck...I might have to skip EyeHateGod. :snivel:

ravenheart
04-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Firebird + The Wounded Kings + Trippy Wicked tonight.

Doom!

rjturtle9
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Gonna pit away all his troubles and miseries at Toxic Holocaust tonight.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM

FUCK YES!!!!! :rocker::blaze::party:Oooooohhh shit - I might hafta go ta dis. It's on a Sunday night, though - fuck me. Still, I might have to go ta dis.

mankvill
04-14-2010, 04:45 PM
04/15 - Death Threat w/ Death Before Dishonor, The Mongoloids, xTHE WARx
04/23 - The Flaming Lips w/ The Dead Weather, Minus The Bear, White Rabbits
05/08 - Alice Cooper w/ Rob Zombie
05/13 - As I Lay Dying w/ Demon Hunter, blessthefall, War Of Ages
05/14 - Havok w/ Vanlade, Stonehaven, Shred Scare, Meatshank
05/22 - Job For A Cowboy w/ Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation
05/25 - MDC w/ The Restarts
05/26 - mc chris w/ Math The Band
06/03 - Styx w/ Foreigner, Kansas
06/04 - KEN mode w/ Gaza
06/11 - The Gates Of Slumber w/ At The Left Hand Of God, moire
06/26 - Uriah Heep
06/29 - Skelator
07/01 - Rush
07/13 - Lightning Bolt
07/19 - Lamb of God w/ Hatebreed, 3 Inches Of Blood (if i get in for free lolz)
08/02 - Warped Tour feat. Andrew W.K., The Dillinger Escape Plan, etc.
08/03 - Lady GaGa aw yeah
08/23 - Slayer + Megadeth w/ Testament

mankvill
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Muse in November. Fucking FINALLY.

idrinkwine732
04-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Muse in November. Fucking FINALLY.

Wah?

mankvill
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Wah?

I've been waiting so fucking long to see Muse.

ADD
04-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Muse sucks hella bad. Just read about some rad summer shows, Crow/Acephalix in June, Thou/Moloch in June, Altar of Plagues/Fell Voices in July, these and more sweet times ahead.

mankvill
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Muse is hecka rad!

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Praying that Alcest can get over here by Saturday what with the volcanic ash and all. :snivel:

Derelict
04-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Praying that Alcest can get over here by Saturday what with the volcanic ash and all. :snivel:

Supposed to be an easing of flight restrictions starting Tuesday

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Supposed to be an easing of flight restrictions starting Tuesday

I think they might cancel some of the dates at the beginning of the week, like I think they're supposed to be in Montreal Wednesday night, but hopefully this is good news. Thanks for the heads up. :horns:

TonyD
04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Muse is hecka rad!

Muse sucks hella bad. Just read about some rad summer shows, Crow/Acephalix in June, Thou/Moloch in June, Altar of Plagues/Fell Voices in July, these and more sweet times ahead.
They're not terrible, but they are terribly overrated.

I'm still showless between Metallica last December and Mastodon in May, but I'll have gone to 3 Giants games by this weekend. Gotta get my Giants snuggie.

mankvill
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Henry Rollins is coming here! He'd be cool to see.

idrinkwine732
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Muse is hecka rad!

Is it part of a tour or soemthin? I haven't heard any new dates...

mankvill
04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Is it part of a tour or soemthin? I haven't heard any new dates...

There's dates on their site. Muse + Metric on my date.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 01:52 AM
London is opening up airports again today. For me that means my next couple of shows next week look safe (although Cathedral would have played anyway):

Thurs: Cathedral + Church of Misery + The Gates of Slumber
Fri: Arch Enemy + Enslaved + Sabbat

mastodon421
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM
New England Metal and Hardcore Festival Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other upcoming shows

For Sure:
7/13 Warped Tour
7/27 Mayhem Fest
8/14 Slayer/Megadeth/Testament

Maybes
5/1 Converge
5/16 Dark Tranquillity/Threat Signal/Mutiny Within/The Absence
6/3 Dying Fetus/Arsis/Annotations Of An Autopsy
6/20 GWAR

mankvill
04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
God DAAAAMN, Toxic Holocaust is gonna be here next week, but at a 21+ place :mad:

ADD
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
June just got radder; Exodus/Heathen and Saint Vitus/Stone Axe :bouville:

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Had to bail on the Dream Theater headlining show for money reasons...eh, my heart isn't broken. Still seeing 'em with Maiden.

idrinkwine732
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM

They booked a Hollywood show?

ravenheart
04-22-2010, 03:32 AM

Fuck. You.

Heathen cancelled their European tour in March, rebooked it, and left the London date out.

I did get to see Saint Vitus in February though, with Orange Goblin.

I need another thrash gig though. Saw Overkill + Suicidal Angels + Savage Messiah in February and that's been it this year so far :(

The Green and Black
04-22-2010, 06:37 AM
I need another thrash gig though. Saw Overkill + Suicidal Angels + Savage Messiah in February and that's been it this year so far :(

Are you not getting the Rust in Peace tour over there?

ravenheart
04-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Are you not getting the Rust in Peace tour over there?

No :boohoo:

And next week's Arch Enemy + Enslaved + Sabbat tour has now been postponed until November because of flights :(

Derelict
04-22-2010, 06:48 AM
No :boohoo:

And next week's Arch Enemy + Enslaved + Sabbat tour has now been postponed until November because of flights :(

You should to to Tuska bro, althought i dont know if megadeth is playing RIP at that or not

ravenheart
04-22-2010, 06:50 AM
You should to to Tuska bro, althought i dont know if megadeth is playing RIP at that or not

Tuska have pissed me off. All the good bands apart from Megadeth and Overkill are on the same day.

I may be there for the first day, but I can't justify the cost of the other two days.

I will get a little thrash in May. Nevermore + Death Angel :)

And then Slayer at Sweden Rock Festival in June. Death Angel are also playing, but their slot stupidly overlaps Stone Sour's and Y&T's by 15 minutes and clashes with Ratt.

All very hard to decide, but by virtue of Y&T's new album being poor, and they tour Europe quite a lot, I've never seen Stone Sour, and I'll have seen Death Angel with Nevermore, I'm going for Stone Sour. If they suck, I'll probably default to Death Angel or just hang around for Ratt (who I was never that into, but found they are surprisingly fun live after someone made me watch them at Sweden Rock 2008).

Currently my plan looks thus. Bands in italics are the ones who lost out in the clash decision.

WEDNESDAY
U.D.O.
The Quireboys
FKU (if I decide to fly over early in the morning)

THURSDAY
Aerosmith
Slayer
Danzig OR Jorn (toughest decision of the line-up) (The Quireboys - acoustic)
Sabaton (Blackberry Smoke)
Ratt (Death Angel)
Stone Sour (Y&T)

FRIDAY
Billy Idol (Mastodon)
Cinderella OR Suicidal Tendencies
Magnum OR Chicken Shack + band TBC
High On Fire
Michael Schenker Group (The Screamin' Lords)
Bigelf (Grave Digger)
The Itch

SATURDAY
Guns N' Roses (Stratovarius)
W.A.S.P.
Anvil
Opeth (band TBC)
Winger (Raven)
Unisonic (Michael Kiske)
Fates Warning (Epica)
Cathedral (Dream Evil)

Derelict
04-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Tuska have pissed me off. All the good bands apart from Megadeth and Overkill are on the same day.

I may be there for the first day, but I can't justify the cost of the other two days.

I will get a little thrash in May. Nevermore + Death Angel :)

And then Slayer at Sweden Rock Festival in June. Death Angel are also playing, but their slot stupidly overlaps Stone Sour's and Y&T's by 15 minutes and clashes with Ratt.

All very hard to decide, but by virtue of Y&T's new album being poor, and they tour Europe quite a lot, I've never seen Stone Sour, and I'll have seen Death Angel with Nevermore, I'm going for Stone Sour. If they suck, I'll probably default to Death Angel or just hang around for Ratt (who I was never that into, but found they are surprisingly fun live after someone made me watch them at Sweden Rock 2008).

Gotcha - I'm going mainly cause I'll be in Helsinki that weekend anyway, so its mostly a "why the hell not"

PowerMaiden
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
22-avr-10 Metropolis De Montréal Amon Amarth Twilight Of The Thunder God tour Eluveitie Holy Grail

tonight !!!

03-juil-10 Toronto's Molson Amphitheater Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater
06-juil-10 LeBreton Flats Park d'Ottawa Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater
07-juil-10 Centre Bell de Montréal Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater
09-juil-10 Plaines d'Abraham de Québec Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater
11-juil-10 PNC Bank Art Center, New Jersey Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater
12-juil-10 Madison Square Garden de New York Iron Maiden The Final Frontier World Tour Dream Theater
24-juil-10 Parc Jean-Drapeau de Montréal Slayer World Painted Blood Megadeth Endgame Testament Alice Cooper & more

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JuuKun
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Bands in italics are the ones who lost out in the clash decision.

Billy Idol (Mastodon)

Smart man. This gets the JuuKun seal of approval.:agree:

makethemsuffer12
04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
For some miraculous reason I got an 89.5 average on my 3rd quarter report card, so I think I'm gonna be seeing Amon Amarth this Sunday :D :D :D

Sucks that I'll be missing Cannibal Corpse, but I've already seen them twice (not headlining, though) and have yet to see AA. Very excited for this.

The Green and Black
04-22-2010, 08:35 PM
All very hard to decide

Not really, I will decide for you! :D

Danzig OR Jorn Jorn!
Stone Sour (Y&T) Y&T!
Billy Idol (Mastodon) Billy Idol!
Cinderella OR Suicidal Tendencies Cinderella!
Michael Schenker Group (The Screamin' Lords) Michael Schenker!
Bigelf (Grave Digger) Grave Digger!
Guns N' Roses (Stratovarius) Stratovarius!
Winger (Raven) Raven!
Fates Warning (Epica) Fates Warning!
Cathedral (Dream Evil) Dream Evil!

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Lol! Absolute agreement with: Billy Idol, MSG, Cinderella most likely, Fates Warning.

I really need them to switch Cinderella and Rick Springfield, then I can watch Cinderella and Suicidal Tendencies. At the moment when Rick Springfield is on I have nothing to do. I might find somewhere for a nap ;)

Y&T would have won, except that their new album really is awful and they tour a lot, whereas Stone Sour don't. I can see Y&T in London most years if I want to.

Anyone versus Bigelf absolutely not. Anyone versus Cathedral absolutely not. Anyone versus GN'R absolutely not. Haha. Seriously no chance on any of those, even though I do like all the bands I've dropped (but have at least seen Grave Digger once before and Dream Evil three times).

Danzig or Jorn is really tough. I love Jorn and have never seen him, but Danzig never tour. In theory, with Jorn being around half Glenn's age and being Norwegian, I should have more chance to see him in the future, so Glenn should win. I still can't decide. I think I'm going to have to have some mammoth listening sessions of both.

Winger and Raven is difficult too. I've not seen either. Raven's new album is better than Winger's, but Winger's is still good. Raven are only playing an hour, Winger are playing longer, so if I watch Raven (who tour a lot more than Winger), I'll have a load of dead time between them and W.A.S.P. (like, three hours). Plus they overlap Opeth by 15 minutes, whereas Winger finish before them, so I can fill the space with Opeth.

There's still one stage where most of the bands aren't confirmed, and everyone's hoping for special sets from already confirmed bands, like acoustic sets or something. There's one of those right after Raven, so if that's someone good, I might replace Winger with Raven plus that band.

I love getting the new Sweden Rock running order every year. It's always quite the puzzle ;)

mankvill
04-23-2010, 11:43 AM
If you watch Cinderella over Suicidal Tendencies, I'll have to shoot you on general principle.

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Cinderella OR Suicidal Tendencies Cinderella!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?!

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Y&T would have won, except that their new album really is awful and they tour a lot, whereas Stone Sour don't. I can see Y&T in London most years if I want to.

Yeah, I guess your logic makes sense there, however I'm still holding out hope for the new Y&T album. I don't see how it could be awful, unless perhaps Dave's microphone was off and his guitar unplugged. :confused:

Anyone versus Bigelf absolutely not. Anyone versus Cathedral absolutely not. Anyone versus GN'R absolutely not. Haha. Seriously no chance on any of those, even though I do like all the bands I've dropped (but have at least seen Grave Digger once before and Dream Evil three times).

I can't say I'm familiar with Bigelf. I like Cathedral of course, and well, you know my feelings on GnR these days. :tongue: I have never seen Grave Digger or Dream Evil. I don't believe either band frequents the states.

Danzig or Jorn is really tough. I love Jorn and have never seen him, but Danzig never tour. In theory, with Jorn being around half Glenn's age and being Norwegian, I should have more chance to see him in the future, so Glenn should win. I still can't decide. I think I'm going to have to have some mammoth listening sessions of both. Yes, considering all those points, I was going to suggest maybe stage hopping, if that's even possible, not sure what the set up will be like. Start with Danzig and if he is not all you dreamed he would be, head over to Jorn's stage.

Winger and Raven is difficult too. I've not seen either. Raven's new album is better than Winger's, but Winger's is still good. Raven are only playing an hour, Winger are playing longer, so if I watch Raven (who tour a lot more than Winger), I'll have a load of dead time between them and W.A.S.P. (like, three hours). Plus they overlap Opeth by 15 minutes, whereas Winger finish before them, so I can fill the space with Opeth.

Yeah that's a tough call, all points considered. I agree on Raven and Wingers new ones both being quite good! BUT will either band even being playing any of their new stuff, that's something to consider as well.

I love getting the new Sweden Rock running order every year. It's always quite the puzzle ;)

Indeed! And I thought it was difficult figuring out the M3 schedule last year, and there were just two stages and most of the bands were not nearly as good as what you are dealing with. Last year I had a dilemma with XYZ and Y&T playing at the same time. I love both bands, but Y&T has always been a favorite since I was a kid. So I had to go with Y&T, even though I had seen them a lot and never saw XYZ. :(

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
All this decision-making is why I basically don't want to go to a big festival, or if I did, would probably stand in one place the whole time.