PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
They're fun. It's like they know their lyrics and stuff are a bit cheesy, but they just don't care. They love metal, and they love to play metal, and they just have a blast and it's great to watch them do it. The video for the title track from War Metal Battle Master says it all - blood-drenched naked babes eating dismembered bodies...just pure fun! :D

You don't go to a Gates of Slumber/Lair of the Minotaur concert for introspective noodling or philosophy. You go for heavy fucking metal, cheese and all, and both bands are gonna fuck my sinful corpse. :rocker: :horns:

mankvill
09-17-2009, 11:32 AM
You don't go to a Gates of Slumber/Lair of the Minotaur concert for introspective noodling or philosophy. You go for heavy fucking metal, cheese and all, and both bands are gonna fuck my sinful corpse. :rocker: :horns:

Fucking hipsters standing around with their arms crossed when LotM opened for Boris...:bouville:

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Fucking hipsters standing around with their arms crossed when LotM opened for Boris...:bouville:
While I do agree with you, it goes both ways. Some of the drunk idiots who came to see High on Fire (at a show I saw a couple of years ago), were actually shouting negative shit during Mono's set. Both sets were awesome, and both bands deserved praise. Pike thanked Mono towards the end of HoF's set and gave them props for being very good musicians, and bringing the heat at every show, and the same fans just shouted some more negative shit. It was fucking lame. If you don't dig a particular band's sound, go outside and have a smoke or better yet just shut the fuck up. Morons.

For the record I like both High on Fire and Mono a great deal. I would admit that it was a bit of an unlikely pairing, and whenever I see this at shows it makes me a bit nervous. At least the Clutch fans at last year's Columbus show were into Russian Circles - I was afraid of a repeat of the HoF / Mono incident.

Anyway, that's just my :2cents:

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
While I do agree with you, it goes both ways. Some of the drunk idiots who came to see High on Fire (at a show I saw a couple of years ago), were actually shouting negative shit during Mono's set. Both sets were awesome, and both bands deserved praise. Pike thanked Mono towards the end of HoF's set and gave them props for being very good musicians, and being good at what they do, and the same fans just shouted some more negative shit. It was fucking lame. If you don't dig a particular band's sound, go outside and have a smoke or better yet just shut the fuck up. Morons.

For the record I like both High on Fire and Mono a great deal. I would admit that it was a bit of an unlikely pairing, and whenever I see this at shows it makes me a bit nervous. At least the Clutch fans at last year's COlumbus show were into Russian Circles - I was afraid of a repeat of the HoF / Mono incident.

Anyway, that's just my :2cents:

I agree totally. No matter how much I hate a band I'm seeing I don't heckle. Lamb of God fans were dicks to Opeth; DragonForce fans were dicks to Cynic. I like to think I'm above that, because I've seen Suicide Silence twice now and I haven't been mean to them once. :D

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree totally. No matter how much I hate a band I'm seeing I don't heckle. Lamb of God fans were dicks to Opeth; DragonForce fans were dicks to Cynic. I like to think I'm above that, because I've seen Suicide Silence twice now and I haven't been mean to them once. :D
Now THAT requires some serious fucking restraint. :D

mastodon421
09-17-2009, 12:04 PM
i agree about not heckling its very rude but i made one exception during The Thrash and Burn Tour when Emmure was playing:) Their fans were being douches i know shocking] so i started heckling them thankfully i wasnt alone.

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
i agree about not heckling its very rude but i made one exception during The Thrash and Burn Tour when Emmure was playing:) Their fans were being douches i know shocking] so i started heckling them thankfully i wasnt alone.
Heckling bands = :lame:

Heckling douchebag fans = :nutkick: (totally justifiable - you should get what you deserve if you are a douche)

mankvill
09-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I think the most I'd do would boo a band or just not be in to them. I'd much rather pick fights with the fans, not the bands. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
When the retards were heckling Cynic, who were opening for Dragonforce, I felt really bad for them. I shouted "You should be headlining!" And the crowd got really pissed. Oh well.

More of the same macho bullshit posturing....

mastodon421
09-17-2009, 12:28 PM
the thing lead me to heckling was me and the 2 friends i was with were standing there and some Emmure fans were pointing and laughing at us so this chick and her boyfriend comes up to me wicked pissed and says "Why are you so close for Emmure if gonna stand there and be a pussy they are the best band here respect their shit" my response was " Fuck off i am close because i want to see Devildriver and I don't want to lose my spot and i am sorry if i offended you or any you other douches by standing here trying to ignore this shitty band" The chick and her boyfriend filpped me off and walked away. After that i screamed some negative things toward Emmure and then i was done.

I kind felt like an asshole afterwards but those fucking scene kids pissed me off by saying that to me. I vow to never heckle a band again after that incident.

mankvill
09-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the absolute worst thing you can do to a band you hate is to just stand there when they play. Don't boo, don't move around, just stand there. I don't really think booing affects a band unless a majority of the crowd is doing it, but focusing your attention elsewhere would totally throw them off their game.

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I think the most I'd do would boo a band or just not be in to them. I'd much rather pick fights with the fans, not the bands. :lol:
I would probably never boo a band at all, but if I did it would only be if they totally sucked as musicians in general, or said or did something asinine. If I wasn't feeling their sound I would just walk away.

Like I said before, though - and like you said - douchebag fans are a whole different story. They can suck it. If they bring their issues to my front door then it's on like Donkey Kong, biatch. :boxer: :D

I think the absolute worst thing you can do to a band you hate is to just stand there when they play. Don't boo, don't move around, just stand there. I don't really think booing affects a band unless a majority of the crowd is doing it, but focusing your attention elsewhere would totally throw them off their game.
:lol: That was me at Suicide Silence. Well done, Nat! :D

mastodon421
09-17-2009, 12:33 PM

Very well put and i agree thats what i normally due when im not into a band.

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
the thing lead me to heckling was me and the 2 friends i was with were standing there and some Emmure fans were pointing and laughing at us so this chick and her boyfriend comes up to me wicked pissed and says "Why are you so close for Emmure if gonna stand there and be a pussy they are the best band here respect their shit" my response was " Fuck off i am close because i want to see Devildriver and I don't want to lose my spot and i am sorry if i offended you or any you other douches by standing here trying to ignore this shitty band" The chick and her boyfriend filpped me off and walked away. After that i screamed some negative things toward Emmure and then i was done.

I kind felt like an asshole afterwards but those fucking scene kids pissed me off by saying that to me. I vow to never heckle a band again after that incident.
Oh, you heckled the band. :nonono: I thought you said you heckled the fans. That would have been justifiable. :D

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 01:00 PM

Yeah, that's the standard response. I do it to shitty bands all the time; it's disrespecting the music while not annoying the fans (who don't typically show the same restraint - oh well).

I hate bills with way too fucking many openers more than anything though. Especially bills with like eight bands and four of them are local. NO ONE wants to see that except your moms. Get signed, get some merch, dress like you care you're playing. You're going up there, sucking, and getting free tickets for a show that I paid money for.

Dextrimental
09-17-2009, 01:06 PM
I generally do that too, just dont respond to bad openers. As far as local bands as openers, well thats not their fault, its the promoter or the headliners fault.. and theyre doin so they can get fans and hopefully get signed and get merch :)

JuuKun
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I usually don't do anything besides stand still and do nothing. Except for this one time, when I saw Amon Amarth (the tour they were supposed to do with Decapitated). The opening band was Sonic Syndicate. Many people in the crowd resorted to heckling them, others turned their backs to the stage and flipped them off, but at one point during the set almost everyone on the floor sat down.

http://returntothepit.com/rttppics/sonic_syndicate093_397466.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Thats hilarious!

SomewhereInTime72
09-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I usually don't do anything besides stand still and do nothing. Except for this one time, when I saw Amon Amarth (the tour they were supposed to do with Decapitated). The opening band was Sonic Syndicate. Many people in the crowd resorted to heckling them, others turned their backs to the stage and flipped them off, but at one point during the set almost everyone on the floor sat down.

Hahaha, holy shit.

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 02:22 PM
...but at one point during the set almost everyone on the floor sat down.
Awesome. Harsh, but awesome. :D

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 02:24 PM

That's fucking cruel and if someone did that to a band I was there for I'd be pissed.

Buuuuuuut I don't care about Sonic Syndicate so it's pretty funny. :lol:

mastodon421
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh, you heckled the band. :nonono: I thought you said you heckled the fans. That would have been justifiable. :D

For the most part it was towards the fans. It was a douchey thing to somewhat heckle the band with a couple of negative comments and i regret doing it. Bottom line Fuck Emmure and their douchey fans.

ravenheart
09-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Should be adding Slayer and Alice In Chains to my November schedule :D

IrritatedTrout
09-18-2009, 10:24 AM
It would be awesome if Slayer would do a proper tour of their own country. None of this hour long set bullshit with Mayhem fest.:mad:

;) Hopefully after the holidays they'll show us some love.

SomewhereInTime72
09-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Hopefully, I'll be seeing KMFDM next Friday. :blaze: :party: :mad:

Spiral_Slave
09-18-2009, 11:46 AM
10/06 -- Clutch w/ Wino, Revolution Mother

10/13 -- Cannabis Corpse, w/ No Friends, Ramming Speed, and Fatal

10/14 -- Moonspell

10/30 -- The Black Dahlia Murder (:hecho:), Skeletonwitch, Toxic Holocaust, Trap Them

11/06 -- Joe Bonamassa

11/09 -- Municipal Waste w/ Goatwhore

11/11 -- Ensiferum w/ Hypocrisy, Blackguard, and Ex-Deo

11/14 -- Eluveitie w/ Alestorm, Vreid, Kivimetsan Druidi, and Belphegor

Would like to say I'm going to see Mastodon, but I'm not gonna have the cash flow to spend 45 bucks to sit through a bunch of bands I don't like just to see Mastodon.

ADD
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
10/13 -- Cannabis Corpse, w/ No Friends, Ramming Speed, and Fatal

Hella jealous I'm missing this tour, gonna be tight :party:

Natrlhi
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Would like to say I'm going to see Mastodon, but I'm not gonna have the cash flow to spend 45 bucks to sit through a bunch of bands I don't like just to see Mastodon.
Are you talking about the Mastodon / Dethklok / High on Fire / Converge tour?!?

High on Fire is absolutely fantastic, bro - you might want to really check them out before making the assumption they're no good - I love 'em. Converge is also very good - very intense, to be more exact - but I can see where not everybody would want to see them (me, I can't wait!). Even Dethklok isn't really that bad. I could take or leave them, but I figure what the heck I'll give 'em a shot live.

Or is it just the $45 in general that's too much? That I could understand...but not "because the supporting acts are no good" - hell, I am going just to see the supporting acts!

(OK, relax, I love Mastodon too - I'm just sayin')

PowerMaiden
09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Canadian Carnage, nov 11 th 2009, bell center in Montreal !

Waaaaaaaaaar Ensemble !!!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
09-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Ensiferum - Nov. 27th

If we go visit my family in Minnesota for Thanksgiving, this concert would be the day after. Oh god, this is a possibility, albeit very small.

gabo03
09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Oct 2th - Kreator and Exodus

A Trash Metal night :D

Spiral_Slave
09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Are you talking about the Mastodon / Dethklok / High on Fire / Converge tour?!?

High on Fire is absolutely fantastic, bro - you might want to really check them out before making the assumption they're no good - I love 'em. Converge is also very good - very intense, to be more exact - but I can see where not everybody would want to see them (me, I can't wait!). Even Dethklok isn't really that bad. I could take or leave them, but I figure what the heck I'll give 'em a shot live.

Or is it just the $45 in general that's too much? That I could understand...but not "because the supporting acts are no good" - hell, I am going just to see the supporting acts!

(OK, relax, I love Mastodon too - I'm just sayin')

I've seen Converge a few times, REALLY not my thing. I haven't really heard High On Fire either, but I've been meaning to check them out. It's really just that I have so many shows to go to, I can't justify dropping 45 bucks just to see Mastodon.

mankvill
09-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Ensiferum - Nov. 27th

If we go visit my family in Minnesota for Thanksgiving, this concert would be the day after. Oh god, this is a possibility, albeit very small.

Pfft. Well my Dad just said we'd drive home that day, but I'll still try and manage something.

@Spiral_Slave: A great place to start with High on Fire is their newest.

b_halperin
09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Assuming I'm ungrounded by then,

Bodom/SKELETONWITCH!/black dahlia murder
sacrificial slaughter
destroyer 666
trivium
motorhead
Cannibal Corpse/Hatebreed/Trivium
jungle rot/deicide
all that remains
moonspell/samael
dethklok/mastodon
eluvietie/alestorm
vader
marduk/mantic ritual
d.r.i.

HOLY SHIT I BETTER GUT UNGROUNDED lmao

illninoese
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Blink-182 reunion show Saturday!

Then

Sevendust on the 11th of October.

Then

DJ Tiesto on the 16th of October.

I think those are the only 3 definite shows that I can make so far

makethemsuffer12
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Blink-182 reunion show Saturday!

Then

Sevendust on the 11th of October.

Then

DJ Tiesto on the 16th of October.

I think those are the only 3 definite shows that I can make so far

:hmm::nonono:

b_halperin
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
:hmm::nonono:

exactly

Natrlhi
09-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I've seen Converge a few times, REALLY not my thing. I haven't really heard High On Fire either, but I've been meaning to check them out. It's really just that I have so many shows to go to, I can't justify dropping 45 bucks just to see Mastodon.
Converge is definitely not for everyone. Regarding High on Fire - Mankvill is right - their most recent album is their best. Then they go from there backward (not that their old stuff is lousy - they have just gotten better with every new album).

They are a power trio that sounds like Motorhead crossed with Black Sabbath. There is a definite stoner / doom feel to their sound, but the tempos are faster - and the riffs are just crushing. Matt Pike plays a nine-string lead like it nothin' but a G thang (baby!), and his vocals are heavy and rough. He is almost as ugly as Lemmy (if that's even possible ;)), but just as good in terms of entertainment value. You should check 'em out soon! :rocker:

Some of my favorite HoF tracks:

Rumors of War :rocker::rocker::rocker:
Turk
Fury Whip
Waste of Tiamat
Cometh Down Hessian :rocker::rocker:
Devilution
Blessed Black Wings
Hung, Drawn & Quartered :rocker:
Nemesis
Speedwolf
Eyes & Teeth
Baghdad
Blood from Zion

Dextrimental
09-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Assuming I'm ungrounded by then,

Bodom/SKELETONWITCH!/black dahlia murder
sacrificial slaughter
destroyer 666
trivium
motorhead
Cannibal Corpse/Hatebreed/Trivium
jungle rot/deicide
all that remains
moonspell/samael
dethklok/mastodon
eluvietie/alestorm
vader
marduk/mantic ritual
d.r.i.

HOLY SHIT I BETTER GUT UNGROUNDED lmao

Dude iv gotta ask, how did u get grounded for so long??

Spiral_Slave
09-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Converge is definitely not for everyone. Regarding High on Fire - Mankvill is right - their most recent album is their best. Then they go from there backward (not that their old stuff is lousy - they have just gotten better with every new album).

They are a power trio that sounds like Motorhead crossed with Black Sabbath. There is a definite stoner / doom feel to their sound, but the tempos are faster - and the riffs are just crushing. Matt Pike plays a nine-string lead like it nothin' but a G thang (baby!), and his vocals are heavy and rough. He is almost as ugly as Lemmy (if that's even possible ;)), but just as good in terms of entertainment value. You should check 'em out soon! :rocker:

Some of my favorite HoF tracks:

Rumors of War :rocker::rocker::rocker:
Turk
Fury Whip
Waste of Tiamat
Cometh Down Hessian :rocker::rocker:
Devilution
Blessed Black Wings
Hung, Drawn & Quartered :rocker:
Nemesis
Speedwolf
Eyes & Teeth
Baghdad
Blood from Zion

Cool, I'll definitely check this out. Thanks man! :horns:

illninoese
09-21-2009, 01:43 PM
exactly

Ohhhh right, it's not metal. I guess I'll be ostracized and hung now by the metal purists and nazi metal police. Fucking a.......

Natrlhi
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Ohhhh right, it's not metal. I guess I'll be ostracized and hung now by the metal purists and nazi metal police. Fucking a.......

Fuck them. DJ Tiesto is some chill ass shit, bro. :cool:

EDIT: "Purist" is just another word for "close-minded", in my book. ;)

illninoese
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Fuck them. DJ Tiesto is some chill ass shit, bro. :cool:

EDIT: "Purist" is just another word for "close-minded", in my book. ;)

EXACTLY!!!!! Thank you! It's a rave! Women are just looking for something to hump amidst the smoke and laser lights. I don't see how anyone could not like that.....

makethemsuffer12
09-21-2009, 02:42 PM
The negativity was mainly towards Blink 182. Sevendust is ok i guess, and I wouldn't know about this DJ guy but if it involves getting humped by semi-attractive women, then go for it.

I was just pointing it out cuz, well, this is a METAL forum, and I just have a burning passion for Blink 182. Sorry if I offended!

illninoese
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Apology accepted! The only reason I posted that show was due to the fact that Blink is my childhood music. They were one of the first bands I listened and they kind of got me started on music with Korn, Disturbed, and all the hard rock stuff the 90's was throwing out. I was only in elementary school and I have sense acquired an EXTREMELY better taste in music and a MORE VARIED taste in music, but it never hurts to relive the glory days and go back to the roots of your love of music. Blink was also the first actual concert I went to, so I guess that holds a special place somewhere.

makethemsuffer12
09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
^ True dat. That seems to be the main reason why people actually give a shit about Blink 182, because I honestly don't see how they can be appealing to people with a developed taste in music besides the who "I grew up listening to it" factor. I wasn't one of those that grew up listening to them, as you can probably tell haha.

mankvill
09-21-2009, 05:38 PM
^ True dat. That seems to be the main reason why people actually give a shit about Blink 182, because I honestly don't see how they can be appealing to people with a developed taste in music besides the who "I grew up listening to it" factor. I wasn't one of those that grew up listening to them, as you can probably tell haha.

radio friendly pop punk is fun to listen to

get over yourself. :mad:

Maiden33
09-21-2009, 05:40 PM
STRATOVARIUS and PAGANS MIND in Baltimore on Wednesday night! This should be a glorious show. Finally a fucking tour with a good, scratch that, great support band!

makethemsuffer12
09-21-2009, 05:42 PM
radio friendly pop punk is fun to listen to

get over yourself. :mad:

Silence fool :finger:

mankvill
09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Silence fool :finger:

;)

I wonder when Immortal's coming back over here.

b_halperin
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I just have a burning passion for Blink 182.

i hope you know that means you love them. you meant "burning hatred" or something similar, i assume

b_halperin
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Dude iv gotta ask, how did u get grounded for so long??

my parents are fucking crazy

mankvill
09-21-2009, 07:07 PM
my parents are fucking crazy

:nonono:

u shmoka da weed

Wizzbang11
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
jungle rot/deicide

You do know that's on a wednesday right?
If you find a way to go I'll cya there.

IrritatedTrout
09-21-2009, 07:29 PM
STRATOVARIUS and PAGANS MIND in Baltimore on Wednesday night! This should be a glorious show. Finally a fucking tour with a good, scratch that, great support band!

Sonar is a pretty cool venue but DO NOT get lost driving around the city and wind up in the ghetto. I did that once, I was literally scared for my life.:snivel:

ChildrenofSodom
09-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Sonar is a pretty cool venue but DO NOT get lost driving around the city and wind up in the ghetto. I did that once, I was literally scared for my life.:snivel:

Okay, seriously, are all metal venues in the fucking ghetto? I mean goddamnit....why can't art districts get gentrified into a rich neighbor?

makethemsuffer12
09-22-2009, 04:18 AM
i hope you know that means you love them. you meant "burning hatred" or something similar, i assume

That's what I meant lmfao. Jesus Christ I better not start turning into Indestructible here!

IrritatedTrout
09-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Okay, seriously, are all metal venues in the fucking ghetto? I mean goddamnit....why can't art districts get gentrified into a rich neighbor?

Sonar is in a bit of a "transition" neighborhood, not in the Inner Harbor (very nice) but not in the ghetto either. It's definitely safe enough but just watch your back if you go walking around the streets at night. However, I was referring to the time I got on the wrong ramp coming into the city and couldn't figure out my way back to the harbor (at the time the only big city driving experience I had was Norfolk, VA).

IrritatedTrout
09-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Oh, and I was offered a free ticket to this show (I'm gonna have to turn it down though, I don't wanna drive all the way to Baltimore on a Wednesday) so out of curiosity I decided to see who was opening and I've seen both of those local openers before. It's been awhile but from what I remember Mikhail was pretty good and Visionary was decent, although I think they have a different singer nowadays.

Sinfulsot
09-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Ticket purchased (awaiting its delivery, despite the ass rape): 10/27 - Mastodon/Dethklok

also purchased (going with a friend): 10/17 - Misfits/Type O Negative

For budgetary reasons, i will be buying tickets a month in advance, but to list all shows:

10/23 - Satyricon
10/31 - Gwar
11/6 - Trivium/Chimaira
12/4 - Ensiferum
12/19 - Hatebreed

xStructualDefect
09-22-2009, 10:12 AM
10/1 - trivium / darkest hour
10/10 - bodom / black dahlia (probably most anticipated show of the year)
10/24 - smokeout fest: slipknot / deftones / sublime / many others
11/21 - hatebreed / trivium tour mashup
11/28 - eluveitie

shows imma have to miss
9/18 - dragonforce / sonata - df's fanbase iritates me now and i'm doubting sonta will paly a good setlist, plus money issues
9/22 - in flames - class that night, but they'll most likely have a lame setlist anyways
9/30 - soulfly - day before trivium plus money issues, would love to see this band one day though
10/7 - stratovarius - love this band but money issues, saw them in '06 though
11/18 - ensiferum - class that night, seen them 3x already though

nevermind i'm making it to Stratovarius and Ensifeurm. both new albums are great and i wanna see some new tunes get played. gonna have to work a few nights so i can come up with the money though.

mankvill
09-23-2009, 06:01 PM
WELL THE FUCKING MOONSPELL SHOW WAS MOVED TO THE FUCKING RIOT ROOM SO I CAN'T FUCKING GO NOW :mad:

DethMaiden
09-23-2009, 06:45 PM
9/26- The Gates of Slumber/Lair of the Minotaur/Bulletwolf/Sleepbringer
9/30- In Flames/Between the Buried and Me/3 Inches of Blood/The Faceless
11/25- Rob Zombie/Nekromantix/Captain Clegg
2/13- Nile/Immolation/Krisiun/Abigail Williams/Dreaming Dead

MunicipalWasted
09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
WELL THE FUCKING MOONSPELL SHOW WAS MOVED TO THE FUCKING RIOT ROOM SO I CAN'T FUCKING GO NOW :mad:

This post was so anticlimatic seeings how I've already read your facebook status. Lmao.

DethMaiden
09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey, Jucifer are playing the all-ages venue in Bloomington on Halloween! :party:

mankvill
09-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey, Jucifer are playing the all-ages venue in Bloomington on Halloween! :party:

dey are coming here too

r dey good?

DethMaiden
09-25-2009, 04:24 AM
dey are coming here too

r dey good?

:horns: They're weird but I like 'em.

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
:horns: They're weird but I like 'em.

Yeah, but are they good live? I'd really like to know, because I like their punky stuff the most (musically, they can be all over the map, which is both good and bad) - but it seems like they are mainly into the heavy, heavy drone stuff when they play live. That's all I ever seem to have seen on sites like YouTube, anyway...?

DethMaiden
09-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah, but are they good live? I'd really like to know, because I like their punky stuff the most (musically, they can be all over the map, which is both good and bad) - but it seems like they are mainly into the heavy, heavy drone stuff when they play live. That's all I ever seem to have seen on sites like YouTube, anyway...?

Not sure what a live set would be like, but you're right about being all over the place. They basically sound like several different bands on their albums. I kind of hope it's the drone stuff live, though, because that's fun to nod one's head to in a slow and marauding manner. ;)

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Not sure what a live set would be like, but you're right about being all over the place. They basically sound like several different bands on their albums. I kind of hope it's the drone stuff live, though, because that's fun to nod one's head to in a slow and marauding manner. ;)

I feel ya there, but the problem with the stuff that I saw is that there is almost no tempo at all (a la Sunn or something like that), so even head nodding is tough. Still, I would totally go see them if there were another band or two on the bill that interests me, if only out of curiosity or because Amber is both hot and a badass musician to boot. ;)

DethMaiden
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I feel ya there, but the problem with the stuff that I saw is that there is almost no tempo at all (a la Sunn or something like that), so even head nodding is tough. Still, I would totally go see them if there were another band or two on the bill that interests me, if only out of curiosity or because Amber is both hot and a badass musician to boot. ;)

Halloween's a Saturday I think, you can always roadtrip it down to IU! :party:

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Halloween's a Saturday I think, you can always roadtrip it down to IU! :party:

Sheeit, my wife would fuckin' kill me. "Hey honey, you got this Halloween thing with Andrew covered, right? Imma go down to IU and check out this hot chick play her guitar and sing whilst you and my three-year-old son go trick-or-treating!"

Not unless I wanna fuckin' die, bro. ;)

DethMaiden
09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Sheeit, my wife would fuckin' kill me. "Hey honey, you got this Halloween thing with Andrew covered, right? Imma go down to IU and check out this hot chick play her guitar and sing whilst you and my three-year-old son go trick-or-treating!"

Not unless I wanna fuckin' die, bro. ;)

:lol: Yeah you better to the husband and father thing. ;)

ravenheart
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Just booked Ace Frehley in December :D

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Right now thing are looking pretty good:

10/9- Racebannon
10/31- Jucifer
11/7- Between the Buried and Me
11/25- Rob Zombie
2/13- Nile

powerslave_85
10-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I miiiiiiiight be going to Chicago to see AFI and Gallows on November 7th. A lot of pieces have to fall into place for it to happen, though.

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I miiiiiiiight be going to Chicago to see AFI and Gallows on November 7th. A lot of pieces have to fall into place for it to happen, though.

It would be closer to go to Russia. I mean, you can probably see it from your house.

mankvill
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
KISS - Dec. 10

Maybe.

ADD
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Vitus in January :bouville:

JuuKun
10-09-2009, 07:24 AM
9 days until Moonspell :party:

IrritatedTrout
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Vitus in January :bouville:

I'd really like to see them in Baltimore next week but between the shitty support (who are guaranteed a long-ass set), the 3 hour drive, and horribly run set times (saw Pentagram at the same venue and they didn't start until 1am:hecho:) I'm probably gonna have to miss them. So now I have my fingers crossed that they play Maryland Deathfest.

ravenheart
10-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Progressive Nation tonight :D

Turns out the times on the ticket are completely wrong. Running order:

18:20-18:50 Unexpect (30 mins)
19:05-19:35 Bigelf (30 mins)
19:55-20:55 Opeth (60 mins)
21:25-22:55 Dream Theater (90 mins)

Will be skipping Unexpect. The rest will be awesomeness.

mastodon421
10-10-2009, 06:25 AM
This is what the forcast for Upcoming Shows is looking like right now.

Most Likely
12/19 Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth/Hate Eternal/Born Of Osiris

Maybe
10/16 Rock And Shock
10/27 Mastodon/Converge/High On Fire
11/4 Black Dahlia Murder/Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust
11/14 All That Remains/Lacuna Coil
12/2 Rob Zombie
12/3 Winds Of Plague:D
12/8 Municipal Waste

SomewhereInTime72
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Clutch tonight! :party:

mankvill
10-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Kylesa tonight! Gotta walk there in freezing temperature :(

TonyD
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Kylesa tonight! Gotta walk there in freezing temperature :(

You've got to walk alone

mankvill
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
You've got to walk alone

I did.

;_;

TonyD
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
So did I. But I drove.
But it was a good show right?

I've got all the shows in my sig lined up, still trying to see if I can go to the 49ers game when the Bears are in town, which is on a Thursday night.

mankvill
10-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah. The show was good. :)

And if you go to the 49ers, make Frank Gore get off his ass and start playing again. He's killing my fantasy.

TonyD
10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I have him too, he should be back after next week's bye.

ADD
10-11-2009, 06:00 PM
^^^ thank God cuz they pretty much need the running game for their offense to function at all. Today was suck.

Dextrimental
10-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Iv got the ones in my signature for now, I had to cancel Amon Amarth as money problems and Evile not being on the line up has put me off. Im hoping to make it to the Black Procession and Lamb of God in the UK next year too, along with Trivium and Les Claypool.

mankvill
10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Iv got the ones in my signature for now, I had to cancel Amon Amarth as money problems and Evile not being on the line up has put me off. Im hoping to make it to the Black Procession and Lamb of God in the UK next year too, along with Trivium and Les Claypool.

There is no 13th month wtf?

Dextrimental
10-15-2009, 12:53 PM
There is no 13th month wtf?

I write it day first month second :)

makethemsuffer12
10-15-2009, 01:50 PM
^ It's a European thing, correct?

JuuKun
10-15-2009, 01:51 PM

Yeah, it is.

MunicipalWasted
10-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Damn mankvill,
we're running short on upcoming concerts.
...me atleasst.

mankvill
10-15-2009, 02:35 PM

What alternate dimension do you live in?! @_@

Damn mankvill,
we're running short on upcoming concerts.
...me atleasst.

http://www.last.fm/user/mankvill/events

Find some muhfugga!

IrritatedTrout
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM

http://memegenerator.net/Instances/913/Asinine-America-EUROPE-IS-A-STUPID-COUNTRY.jpg

No offense meant, but I just can't pass up the oppurtunity to post that picture again.:lol:

JuuKun
10-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Got plenty of upcoming, but at the moment only two mean anything :party:

10/17 - Rock & Shock Day Two: Type O Negative, The Misfits, Saint Vitus, God Dethroned, Abigail Williams, Destrophy, Seventh Void, Woe of Tyrants, Saviours, and Augury (Worcester, MA)
10/18 - Moonspell, Divine Heresy, and Secrets of the Moon (New York City, NY)

Doors are at 3:30 for the Rock & Shock gig. Hoping that'll give GD a decent time.

ChildrenofSodom
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM

I bet you call it catsup.....

Dextrimental
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
I bet you call it catsup.....

Nope, Im a ketchup man :D

But yeah, its a european thing, and irritatedtrout, none taken, iv used that picture myself, its pretty funny at the right time :)

Natrlhi
10-16-2009, 07:45 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/913/Asinine-America-EUROPE-IS-A-STUPID-COUNTRY.jpg

No offense meant, but I just can't pass up the oppurtunity to post that picture again.:lol:

:lol: I fucking love that picture. I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!

ravenheart
10-16-2009, 09:01 AM
After Black Stone Cherry destroyed the Hammersmith Apollo last night (and Duff McKagan's Loaded and Parlor Mob mostly sucked), tonight is Bigelf in a tiny venue in Camden.

So much awesomeness :p

DethMaiden
10-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Brian Posehn tonight! :rocker:

MunicipalWasted
10-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Looking at your list mankvill, and....

Cthonic- too far away
Pelican - 21+
Jucifer- who? 18+
Decide- too far away
Moonspell- 21+
Rob Zombie- Notta fan
Ensiferum- too far away
Marduk- too far away

mankvill
10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Looking at your list mankvill, and....

Cthonic- too far away
Pelican - 21+
Jucifer- who? 18+
Decide- too far away
Moonspell- 21+
Rob Zombie- Notta fan
Ensiferum- too far away
Marduk- too far away

;___; zomg get older and get a car

mastodon421
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like there is a good shot im going to the Dying Fetus/The Faceless/Beneath The Massacre show on November 27th:party:

ADD
11-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Fuckin gayass 21+ for Shrinebuilder next week :hecho: At least this'll be the last year of dealing with that. On a rad note tho I'm seein DEATH ANGEL at Slims again December 18th :party:

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 12:31 PM
11/6- Between the Buried and Me
11/25- Rob Zombie
1/22- Between the Buried and Me/Cynic/Devin Townsend
2/13- Nile
3/8- Flogging Molly

ravenheart
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
But yeah, its a european thing, and irritatedtrout, none taken, iv used that picture myself, its pretty funny at the right time :)

Lol, not only is it European... it's also CORRECT ;)

And who the hell says "catsup"?

8/11 Threshold/Serenity
17/11 Alice In Chains
24/11 Dio/Black Spiders
25/11 Slayer/The Haunted
2/12 W.A.S.P.
4-5/12 Hard Rock Hell (Monster Magnet, W.A.S.P., Evile, Onslaught etc.)
6/12 Alice Cooper
7/12 Swallow The Sun
10/12 Gunfire 76
11/12 Quireboys
17/12 Ace Frehley
19/12 Orange Goblin/Solace/Roadsaw

3/1 The Hoax
30/1 Hardcore Superstar
10/2 Saint Vitus
20/2 Europe/Diamond Head
3/4 Iron Hearse/Leather Nun

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Not that I'm going to all these, but...

11/6/09 - Black Dahlia Murder/Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust/Trap Them - Peabody’s
11/6/09 - Hatebreed / Cannibal Corpse / Unearth / Hate Eternal - House of Blues (Cleveland)
11/12/09 - Vader/Decrepit Birth/Warbringer/The Amenta/Oceano/Swashbuckle - Peabody’s
11/24/09 - Baroness / Earthless / U.S. Christmas - Magic Stick (Detroit, MI) (This show is almost 100% confirmed for me)
11/28/09 - Pelican / Black Cobra / Gods & Queens - The Shelter (Detroit, MI)
11/30/09 - Ensiferum / Hypocrisy / Ex Deo / Blackguard - Peabody’s
12/4/09 - D.R.I. / Accept Death / Crossface, Lords of Absynthe - Peabody’s
12/10/09 - Russian Circles / Young Widows / Phantom Family Halo - Grog Shop (This show is almost 100% confirmed for me)
12/10/09 - Pelican / Black Cobra / Disappearer - Ravari Room (Columbus, OH) (Now looking unlikely due to Russian Circles) :(
12/15/09 - Marduk / Nachtmystium / Mantic Ritual / Merrimack - Peabody’s
12/27/09 - Chimaira Christmas 10 (show to be filmed for a live DVD) - House of Blues
1/20/10 - Nile / Immolation / Krisiun / Dreaming Dead - Peabody’s
1/25/10 - Between the Buried and Me / Cynic / Devin Townsend - Peabody’s
1/29/10 - Arch Enemy / Exodus / Arsis / Mutiny Within - House of Blues (Chicago, IL) Wanna wanna wanna go!!!

makethemsuffer12
11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
FUCKING OVERKILL MAY 1ST!!!!!!

But before that; Machine Head, Metallica/Lamb of God, Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse, and Arch Enemy/Exodus.

ravenheart
11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
We're getting another Overkill tour sometime in the Spring, but the only date I know of so far is in Prague (they're selling tickets before the tour has been announced, lol).

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Not that I'm going to all these, but...

11/6/09 - Black Dahlia Murder/Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust/Trap Them - Peabody’s
11/6/09 - Hatebreed / Cannibal Corpse / Unearth / Hate Eternal - House of Blues (Cleveland)
11/12/09 - Vader/Decrepit Birth/Warbringer/The Amenta/Oceano/Swashbuckle - Peabody’s
11/24/09 - Baroness / Earthless / U.S. Christmas - Magic Stick (Detroit, MI) (This show is almost 100% confirmed for me)
11/28/09 - Pelican / Black Cobra / Gods & Queens - The Shelter (Detroit, MI)
11/30/09 - Ensiferum / Hypocrisy / Ex Deo / Blackguard - Peabody’s
12/4/09 - D.R.I. / Accept Death / Crossface, Lords of Absynthe - Peabody’s
12/10/09 - Russian Circles / Young Widows / Phantom Family Halo - Grog Shop (This show is almost 100% confirmed for me)
12/10/09 - Pelican / Black Cobra / Disappearer - Ravari Room (Columbus, OH) (Now looking unlikely due to Russian Circles) :(
12/15/09 - Marduk / Nachtmystium / Mantic Ritual / Merrimack - Peabody’s
12/27/09 - Chimaira Christmas 10 (show to be filmed for a live DVD) - House of Blues
1/20/10 - Nile / Immolation / Krisiun / Dreaming Dead - Peabody’s
1/25/10 - Between the Buried and Me / Cynic / Devin Townsend - Peabody’s
1/29/10 - Arch Enemy / Exodus / Arsis / Mutiny Within - House of Blues (Chicago, IL) Wanna wanna wanna go!!!

Peabody's is pretty sweet dude, but it's just so fucking far from Dayton unless you REALLY want to see a show and can't see it closer. That said, let's find a show over the summer to all go to (me, you, CoS).

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Peabody's is pretty sweet dude, but it's just so fucking far from Dayton unless you REALLY want to see a show and can't see it closer. That said, let's find a show over the summer to all go to (me, you, CoS).

Sho nuff. The Dayton Dirt Collective sounds cool. I gotta see me some more post-metal / post-rock shows...all this death metal is fine, but I likes me some sludge once in a while, too. I need for Neurosis to put out another album, then go on tour, and then catch it with you guys (or something along those lines). :D

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Sho nuff. The Dayton Dirt Collective sounds cool. I gotta see me some more post-metal / post-rock shows...all this death metal is fine, but I likes me some sludge once in a while, too. I need for Neurosis to put out another album, then go on tour, and then catch it with you guys (or something along those lines). :D

Romance of Young Tigers broke up and they were always a good option for a post-rock show. :snivel: But Mouth of the Architect should definitely play somewhere over the summer and we can hit that up.

IrritatedTrout
11-04-2009, 01:50 PM
24/11 Dio
25/11 Slayer

Sooooo fucking jealous.

mastodon421
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
11/27 Dying Fetus/The Faceless/Beneath The Massacre
12/19 Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth/Hate Eternal
1/28 Between The Buried And Me

A lot of maybes as well such as Arch Enemy/Exodus,Municipal Waste,Winds Of Plague and a few others

Dextrimental
11-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Pretty safe to say I will be catching the following:

Lamb of God, Machine Head, Lacuna Coil - Various dates in February next year

BOLT THROWER - May next year :D

ravenheart
11-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Threshold tomorrow :D

PowerMaiden
11-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Made In Iron tonight !

http://www.myspace.com/powerslavestribute

a Montreal Maiden tribute band that recreate Live After Death with the stage, Eddie & everything, this should cool

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

larvtard
11-08-2009, 01:44 PM
going to the Baroness show in Atlanta w/ Torche, Pig Destroyer, and Iron Age :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Metallica/Lamb of God tomorrow :)

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
going to the Baroness show in Atlanta w/ Torche, Pig Destroyer, and Iron Age :rocker:

Oh what the fuck that is an unfairly good lineup. That shit needs to tour.

mankvill
11-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh what the fuck that is an unfairly good lineup. That shit needs to tour.

With Pig Destroyer headlining, right?

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Hmm. Phantom Limb is better than anything Baroness have done, but I don't think they're as consistent. I'd say Baroness, PxDx, Torche would be a good billing.

DethMaiden
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
November 27th Mouth of the Architect! :rocker: :rocker:

EDIT:
11/25- Rob Zombie
11/27- Mouth of the Architect
1/22- BTBAM/Cynic/Devin Townsend
2/13- Nile
3/8- Flogging Molly (?)

EDIT2: FUCKING 21+, UGHHHHHH:AKSDGNAK:

mankvill
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Hmm. Phantom Limb is better than anything Baroness have done, but I don't think they're as consistent. I'd say Baroness, PxDx, Torche would be a good billing.

orly? For some reason, I have a hard time seeing Baroness being anywhere but first to play. o:

IrritatedTrout
11-16-2009, 01:01 PM
2/13 - Megadeth, Slayer, Testament :drool:

It's like the Metal Masters tour all over again.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM
2/13 - Megadeth, Slayer, Testament :drool:

It's like the Metal Masters tour all over again.

I'll see you there :shred:

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 10:46 AM
November 27th Mouth of the Architect! :rocker: :rocker:

EDIT:
11/25- Rob Zombie
11/27- Mouth of the Architect
1/22- BTBAM/Cynic/Devin Townsend
2/13- Nile
3/8- Flogging Molly (?)

EDIT2: FUCKING 21+, UGHHHHHH:AKSDGNAK:

Are you saying that the MotA show is 21+? I can't find any info about that. I was going to ask you if you know anything about any of the openers, as I've never heard of any of them and assume they are all local. There is actually a small chance I could make that show (or anything else in Ohio or the surrounding area that weekend), because my wife will be out of town from Friday morning until Monday night.

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Are you saying that the MotA show is 21+? I can't find any info about that. I was going to ask you if you know anything about any of the openers, as I've never heard of any of them and assume they are all local. There is actually a small chance I could make that show (or anything else in Ohio or the surrounding area that weekend), because my wife will be out of town from Friday morning until Monday night.

They're all local, and it is 21+, I e-mailed the owner of the club because I had never heard of it. :bouville: Seriously though, go. If you haven't seem them live yet you have to.

SomewhereInTime72
11-17-2009, 11:58 AM
1. Get Fake ID
2. Go to show
3. Enjoy a show with an audience comprising of significantly less annoying douchebags than usual.

JuuKun
11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
11/20 - Marduk (Maybe)
12/04 - Ensiferum
12/08 - Municipal Waste (Doubt it, but maybe)
01/08 - Korpiklaani
01/16 - Nile (Maybe)
01/23 - Arch Enemy (Maybe)
01/28 - BTBAM/Cynic/Devin Townsend (Hopefully)
01/30 - Epica
02/14 - Megadeth/Slayer
03/06 - HammerFall (Maybe)
04/03 - Sonata Arctica

Waiting for an Overkill/Vader date. Hoping for a Behemoth date.

ADD
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
EyeHateGod Dec 12 :bouville:

IrritatedTrout
11-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm going to see Jerry Seinfeld with my family this March. This is the first comedy show I've ever been to and Jerry is my favorite comedian so I'm really excited.

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
1. Get Fake ID
2. Go to show
3. Enjoy a show with an audience comprising of significantly less annoying douchebags than usual.
I like where your head's at, brah. :D

They're all local, and it is 21+, I e-mailed the owner of the club because I had never heard of it. :bouville: Seriously though, go. If you haven't seem them live yet you have to.

Tough break. Even though I have a three-day hall pass, it's a long drive for me to make for just one band, even if it is MotA. If one or more of the openers was awesome, or there were a chance of meeting up with some cool people for the show, it would make it all the more worth it to me. True, the ticket price is like five bucks, but the gas money is more like fifty, not to mention seven hours behind the wheel there and back. In fact, now that I think of it that way, I might need even more convincing than I thought...they will surely play Cleveland again when the EP is released (or at least I hope).

Maybe you should take SiT72's advice...:D

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
I like where your head's at, brah. :D

Tough break. Even though I have a three-day hall pass, it's a long drive for me to make for just one band, even if it is MotA. If one or more of the openers was awesome, or there were a chance of meeting up with some cool people for the show, it would make it all the more worth it to me. True, the ticket price is like five bucks, but the gas money is more like fifty, not to mention seven hours behind the wheel there and back. In fact, now that I think of it that way, I might need even more convincing than I thought...they will surely play Cleveland again when the EP is released (or at least I hope).

Maybe you should take SiT72's advice...:D

I'm so excited for that EP. :drool: But yeah, they usually only play four songs (albeit rather long ones) when they play live so you probably shouldn't do that drive. But see them at some point for sure.

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm so excited for that EP. :drool: But yeah, they usually only play four songs (albeit rather long ones) when they play live so you probably shouldn't do that drive. But see them at some point for sure.
Yeah, fuck that. Now if they were to play, say, "Quietly" in its entirety, followed by a short hydration break, followed by about thirty minutes of older stuff, then maybe we'd have a deal! :D

Seriously, though, I'll see them at some point for damn sure - no doubt about that. My preference is to check them out at a hometown gig (theirs, not mine), with some other awesome local or semi-local bands (and by awesome I mean like IntrOnaut, whom they've toured with before, or somebody of that caliber). For now, we wait...

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, fuck that. Now if they were to play, say, "Quietly" in its entirety, followed by a short hydration break, followed by about thirty minutes of older stuff, then maybe we'd have a deal! :D

Seriously, though, I'll see them at some point for damn sure - no doubt about that. My preference is to check them out at a hometown gig (theirs, not mine), with some other awesome local or semi-bands (and by awesome I mean like IntrOnaut, who they've toured with before, or somebody of that caliber). For now, we wait...

As far as I know they never did a gig with Romance of Young Tigers when they were still together. I don't know if there was animosity among members or what, but I think a MOTA/ROYT show in Dayton would have been an amazing night. But they have done good local shows with Kenoma, Harlots, Goatherd, The Atlas Moth, Dripfeeder, and plenty of other shit you'd be into. :D

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
As far as I know they never did a gig with Romance of Young Tigers when they were still together. I don't know if there was animosity among members or what, but I think a MOTA/ROYT show in Dayton would have been an amazing night. But they have done good local shows with Kenoma, Harlots, Goatherd, The Atlas Moth, Dripfeeder, and plenty of other shit you'd be into. :D

MotA / Struck by Lightning double bill, with Greg Lahm pulling double duty!

EDIT: Or, they should hook up with Red Sparowes next year when their new album drops...TASTY!!! :rocker:

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
MotA / Struck by Lightning double bill, with Greg Lahm pulling double duty!

That would be fucking amazing but for some reason I don't think it's happening.

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
That would be fucking amazing but for some reason I don't think it's happening.
OK, Red Sparowes then (see above). :D

Was the break between Greg and MotA not amicable?

BTW, I had to special order that CD (Serpents), and it finally came last week or so...liking what I'm hearing so far. Lots of pseudo d-beat on there...kinda punky.

DethMaiden
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
OK, Red Sparowes then (see above). :D

Was the break between Greg and MotA not amicable?

BTW, I had to special order that CD (Serpents), and it finally came last week or so...liking what I'm hearing so far. Lots of pseudo d-beat on there...kinda punky.

That would be an intense show. :bowdown:

I kinda feel like it wasn't. I tried asking him about and he kinda shrugged it off and wouldn't give me a straight answer, and if you remember, when he left the band he put that MOTA had split up on their MySpace which got leaked to Blabbermouth without telling the rest of the band, which is when he formed the short-lived Vigils. He's kinda been off the scene until Serpents....which is totally awesome. Proud to be an Ohioan. :D

mastodon421
11-18-2009, 04:32 AM
So my tentative upcoming show list look like this.

12/19 Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth/Hate Eternal
1/28 Between The Buried And Me
2/14 Megadeth/Slayer/Testament

Maiden33
11-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Just found out that Kansas is playing at the Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg, PA on Saturday, February 6th. Think I'm gonna have to go to this, even though tickets are pricier than I expected/would have liked.

larvtard
11-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Haha, I wish. They're actually one of the main reasons I'm going.

From what I've heard it's Baroness headlining (obviously- this date is just a stop on their headlining tour), Torche the direct opener, and I dunno who will play first, PxDx or Iron Age. I guess we'll see- nobody really knows because this is just a special treat for Atlanta. I still have no idea why we're getting PxDx and Torche.

But actually I don't like Torche at all, they're way too goddamn poppy for my taste. I know that must sound kinda ignorant, but I just don't like them on record.

I saw a video of them playing "Charge of the Brown Recluse" live, though, and it was the heaviest thing I've ever heard. Of course, the only bands I've seen live are sludge bands (Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, High On Fire) and I've also seen Converge. I've also seen Dethklok, and that was without a doubt my heaviest live experience ever, but if I said that the only death metal band I've seen live is Dethklok, I'd probably get flamed :tp:

mankvill
11-21-2009, 12:06 PM
But actually I don't like Torche at all, they're way too goddamn poppy for my taste. I know that must sound kinda ignorant, but I just don't like them on record.

When I saw Torche open up for Boris, I didn't think I'd like them, but they were really heavy and kicked major ass!

larvtard
11-21-2009, 12:08 PM
When I saw Torche open up for Boris, I didn't think I'd like them, but they were really heavy and kicked major ass!

good to know. thanks man

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
When I saw Torche open up for Boris, I KNEW I'd like them, and they were really heavy and kicked major ass!

ravenheart
11-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Booking up of 2010 is under way and shaping up thus:

January
3 - The Hoax
6 - U.D.O.
12 - Kataklysm/Suicidal Angels
20 - Jeff Scott Soto (maybe)
24 - Evile

February
3 - Saint Vitus/Orange Goblin/Centurions Ghost
20 - Europe/Diamond Head
24 - Mastodon (maybe)
25 - Overkill

March
9 - Slayer/The Haunted

April
3 - Iron Hearse/Leather Nun
13 - Baroness (maybe)

May
13 KISS

June
9-12 Sweden Rock Festival (Bigelf/Jorn/Unisonic so far)
13 KISS (maybe)

ravenheart
11-26-2009, 02:21 AM
And the remainder of 2009:

December
4-5 Hard Rock Hell (W.A.S.P./Onslaught/Susperia/Monster Magnet/Black Spiders/Sons of Merrick/GUN/Tribal Law/Die Apokalyptischen Reiter/Tigertailz/Witchfynde/Logan/Tysondog/Pig Iron/Quireboys)
6 - Alice Cooper
10 - Gunfire 76
17 - Ace Frehley
19 - Orange Goblin/Solace/Roadsaw/Centurions Ghost/Sons of Merrick

mankvill
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
9-12 Sweden Rock Festival (Bigelf/Jorn/Unisonic so far)

Don't forget BTO!

ravenheart
11-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Don't forget BTO!

I'd rather, if it's all the same to you.

mankvill
12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_53b9882e1d324900af0f44f7794eb8e3.jpg

...sure!

mankvill
12-03-2009, 07:52 PM
12/26 - Ad Astra Per Aspera w/ Coalesce

:)

ravenheart
12-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Off to Hard Rock Hell in 20 minutes :D

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2008/hard-rock-hell-iii/

DethMaiden
12-04-2009, 07:35 AM
As of eight hours ago, Tegan and Sara in Chicago! :party:

JuuKun
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Blackguard/Ex Deo/Ensiferum tonight! :rocker:

es156
12-04-2009, 05:34 PM

All of the great shows you have been skipping in Chicago and you are going to make the trip for this?

:hmm:

DethMaiden
12-04-2009, 05:52 PM
All of the great shows you have been skipping in Chicago and you are going to make the trip for this?

You pick your battles when you don't have a car, and friends who happen to have cars have mutual interest. ;) Plus it's a Friday night so we're staying in the city and making a weekend out of it.

mankvill
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Lucky! I wonder if Tegan would get mad if people try and bone his sister since she's so hot.

psicosis91
12-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Cannibal Corpse and Hatebreed one week from today! :rocker:

es156
12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
You pick your battles when you don't have a car, and friends who happen to have cars have mutual interest. ;) Plus it's a Friday night so we're staying in the city and making a weekend out of it.

Sounds like you need some new friends.

;)

Maiden33
12-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you need some new friends.

;)

:lol:

On topic of the thread:

12/27: Twelve Twenty-Four (TSO Tribute) @ The Zoelner Arts Center - Bethlehem, PA
1/29: Paul DiAnno and Icarus Witch @ The Chance - Pougkeepsie, NY (Not sure, but it's likely)
2/6: Kansas @ The Sherman Theater - Stroudsburg, PA

9/8-9/11: ProgPower USA XI incl. Weds/Thurs shows. Still very much up in the air but I'm leaning towards making it happen as of now.

mankvill
12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
http://beaumontkc.com/images/uploads/body_beaumont/megadethflyer.jpg

FUCK. OH GOD. I CAN'T WAIT.

ADD
12-05-2009, 01:40 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2799/4159065404_72579115fc_o.jpg

DethMaiden
12-15-2009, 07:17 AM
1/22- Between the Buried and Me/Cynic/Devin Townsend/Scale the Summit (Louisville)
2/13- Nile/Immolation/Krisiun/Abigail Williams/Dreaming Dead (Louisville)
4/2- Tegan and Sara (St. Louis)
4/29- Overkill/Vader/God Dethroned/Warbringer/Evile (Louisville)

Oh fuck yes.

Natrlhi
12-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I've got real problems in January:

1/20/10 (Wed.) - Nile / Immolation / Krisiun / Dreaming Dead - Peabody’s (Cleveland)
1/25/10 (Mon.) - Between the Buried and Me / Cynic / Devin Townsend - Peabody’s (Cleveland)
1/27/10 (Wed.) - Behemoth / Septicflesh / Shining - Peabody’s (Cleveland)
1/29/10 (Fri.) - Arch Enemy / Exodus / Arsis / Mutiny Within - House of Blues (Chicago)

How the fuck do I decide on this shit?!?

I can only go to one show in Cleveland, and maybe - MAYBE - I can convince my wife to let's go visit her parents in NW Indiana so I could make the Arch Enemy show, but even that scenario is (1) difficult to make happen, and (2) highly unsatisfactory to me (i.e., not enough - I want it all and I want it now, dammit!!!).

:bouville: :bouville: :bouville:

Nat :horns:

DethMaiden
12-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I'd probably pick BTBAM of those three for overall strength of the bill. But yeah, that sucks, all four of those shows are quality.

ADD
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Save your $$ Nat, leave the death mehtal alone :cool:

Death Angel on Friday :party:

Natrlhi
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Save your $$ Nat, leave the death mehtal alone :cool:

Death Angel on Friday :party:

Whaaaaaaat? Haaaaaah?

I understand you not, young padawan.

mankvill
12-17-2009, 01:38 PM
2010 looks like this:

1/24 - Nile w/ Immolation, Krisiun, Abigail Williams
or
1/24 - D.R.I.
1/31 - Revocation (hopefully)
3/13 - The Black Dahlia Murder w/ Obscura, Augury, Hatesphere
4/25 - Overkill w/ Vader, Warbringer, Evile, God Dethroned (hopefully with my bro Fires of Sedition)
5/27 - 5/30 - MDF w/ Sodom, Wolfbrigade, Impaled, Autopsy, Gorguts, 23948 million more (hopefully!)
6/11 - The Gates Of Slumber (I'll be of age by then!)

JuuKun
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Current possibilities on my calendar:

12/20 - Yule Ball 2009: Harry and the Potters, Draco and the Malfoys, Jason Anderson and the Best, The Whomping Willows, MC Kreacher, and Ed in the Refridgerators (Cambridge)

2010:

01/08 - Korpiklaani, Tyr, Swashbuckle, White Wizzard (Worcester)
01/16 - Nile, Immolation, Krisiun, Abigail Williams, Dreaming Dead (Worcester)
01/23 - Arch Enemy, Exodus, Arsis, Mutiny Within (Worcester)
01/28 - Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, Devin Townsend, Scale the Summit (Boston)
01/29 - DevilDriver, Behemoth, Suffocation, Shining, Goatwhore, Thy Will Be Done, Septic Flesh, Acaro (Worcester)
01/30 - Epica, Threat Signal, Blackguard (Worcester)
02/04 - Killswitch Engage, The Devil Wears Prada, Dark Tranquillity (Boston)
02/06 - Joe Perry Project (Providence)
02/14 - Megadeth, Slayer, Testament (Lowell)
02/17 - Skeletonwitch, Iron Age, Howl (Boston)
02/27 - Flogging Molly (Boston)
02/28 - DRI (Providence)
03/05 - Kreator, Voivod, Nachtmystium, Evile, Lazarus AD (Worcester)
03/06 - Hammerfall, Powerglove, Frozen, Infinite Descent (Worcester)
03/14 - Alice in Chains (Boston)
04/02 - Overkill, Vader, God Dethroned, Warbringer, Evile, Woe of Tyrants (Worcester)
04/03 - Sonata Arctica, Mutiny Within, Powerglove, Once Beloved, Desiccation (Worcester)
04/09 - Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Swallow the Sun, Survivors Zero (Worcester)
05/22 - Primal Fear, Luna Mortis (Worcester)
05/29 & 05/30 - Maryland Deathfest VIII (Baltimore)
09/09-09/12 - ProgPower USA XI (Atlanta)

...Quite a few shows. Probably have to skip a few.

Maiden33
12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
09/09-09/12 - ProgPower USA XI (Atlanta)

Might see you there. It's still on the table for me. We'll see.

ravenheart
12-17-2009, 06:49 PM
January
3 - The Hoax
6 - U.D.O.
10 - Stratovarius/Mystic Prophecy
12 - Kataklysm
20 - Jeff Scott Soto
25 - Evile
30 - Hardcore Superstar

February
3 - Saint Vitus/Orange Goblin
18 - Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
20 - Europe/Diamond Head
25 - Overkill/Suicidal Angels

March
9 - Slayer/The Haunted
11 - Katatonia OR Obituary

April
5 - Opeth

May
6 - Hammerfall
13 - KISS

June
9-12 - Sweden Rock Festival

September
26 - Blind Guardian

mankvill
12-17-2009, 07:04 PM
September
26 - Blind Guardian

FUCK YOUUUUUU :flame:

Maiden33
12-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Blind Guardian needs to come back to the US. It's been 3 long years and counting. Doesn't help that seeing them was a huge part of me becoming more than a casual fan. God damn that was an awesome show.

JuuKun
12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Might see you there. It's still on the table for me. We'll see.

Hope you can make it. It's still technically on my table as well, as I haven't bought a ticket or anything yet, but I don't think I can stress how much I do NOT want to miss Tarot finally playing a show in the US.

Sinfulsot
12-18-2009, 02:01 PM
01/08 - Korpiklaani, Tyr, Swashbuckle, White Wizzard (Worcester)
01/23 - Arch Enemy, Exodus, Arsis, Mutiny Within (Worcester)
02/14 - Megadeth, Slayer, Testament (Lowell)
03/05 - Kreator, Voivod, Nachtmystium, Evile, Lazarus AD (Worcester)

To C&P Juukun (vs an all out quote), these are the shows I am most interested in. I still need to get tickets however.

Kreator, however, I may not make because I am anticipating some major surgery sometime in February and i'll still be laid up.

mastodon421
12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Here is my slate of upcoming shows

12/19 Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth/Born Of Osiris/Hate Eternal(Worcester)
1/28 Between The Buried And Me(Boston)
2/4 Killswitch Engage/TDWP/Dark Tranquilty (Boston)
2/14 Megadeth/Slayer/Testament (Lowell)
4/2 Overkill/Vader/God Dethroned/Warbringer (maybe) (Worcester)

rjturtle9
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Going to my first backyard gig of the year tonight. Hopefully 2010 is the year for better backyard gigs. Im tired of bands that don't have mics, missing members and im really tired of hearing Troops of Doom and Evil Dead played by half the bands that actually play!

mankvill
01-15-2010, 03:49 PM
1/24 - Nile w/ Immolation, Krisiun
OR
1/24 - D.R.I.
2/4 - Title Fight
2/28 - Skeletonwitch w/ Howl, Iron Age
3/13 - The Black Dahlia Murder w/ Obscura, Augury, Hatesphere
4/25 - Overkill w/ Vader, Warbringer, Evile, etc. (maybe)

DethMaiden
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Openers only listed if I listen to them/care about seeing them.

1/22- Between the Buried and Me w/ Cynic and Devin Townsend
2/13- Nile
3/13- Scion Rock Fest featuring whoever the fuck plays it
4/2- Tegan and Sara
4/16- Trans-Siberian Orchestra (maybe)

mankvill
01-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Openers only listed if I listen to them/care about seeing them.

1/22- Between the Buried and Me w/ Cynic and Devin Townsend
2/13- Nile
3/13- Scion Rock Fest featuring whoever the fuck plays it
4/2- Tegan and Sara
4/16- Trans-Siberian Orchestra (maybe)

>implying you don't care about Immolation or Krisiun

DethMaiden
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
>implying you don't care about Immolation or Krisiun

:snivel: I'm not familiar with Immolation and the little Krisiun I've heard was really good but I haven't really familiarized myself. Maybe I'll be a live convert!

ChildrenofSodom
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Jan. 16 - Columbus Alive "Bands to Watch 2010" FEATURING Struck by Lightning (FREE)
Jan. 26 - Battlefields, Kenoma, City of Ships, Raise the Red Lantern
March 13 - Scion Rock Fest

DethMaiden
01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Jan. 16 - Columbus Alive "Bands to Watch 2010" FEATURING Struck by Lightning (FREE)
Jan. 26 - Battlefields, Kenoma, City of Ships, Raise the Red Lantern

Jealous. :bouville:

ChildrenofSodom
01-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Jealous. :bouville:

I have to decide between going to a free Struck by Lightning show, go to the OSU bball game, or go to a party and get fucked up. Decisions, decisions.

DethMaiden
01-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I have to decide between going to a free Struck by Lightning show, go to the OSU bball game, or go to a party and get fucked up. Decisions, decisions.

There is only one right answer, and it's the one where there will be no bros. ;)

mankvill
01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I might take my Mom to see Cheap Trick in March. :)

makethemsuffer12
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Arch Enemy/Exodus tomorrow :rocker:

idrinkwine732
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Arch Enemy/Exodus tomorrow :rocker:

You good for an Exodus/Arsis set?

mankvill
01-26-2010, 06:46 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/41263205/hatchet.jpg

yyyeeeaaahhh

Indestructible
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Five Finger Death Punch/Shadows Fall-Feb 11th
Otep(not sure yet)-Feb 28th
Megadeth-March 13th
Mayhem Fest 2010(Hopefully)-Aug 7th

ADD
01-26-2010, 07:17 PM
yyyeeeaaahhh

Nice man, glad Julz is still keeping Hatchet alive, Witchaven bring it live too, looks like a fun show.

This is what's crackin Thursday in LA....

http://www.cityofdevils.info/storage/January28th_150.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=126 3190478834

Doin that action then going to my friends frat at USC to get rad, stoked :party:

mankvill
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
This is what's crackin Thursday in LA....

Doin that action then going to my friends frat at USC to get rad, stoked :party:

Did you know Saviours released an album in late December?

ADD
01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Did you know Saviours released an album in late December?

No :eyes: Accelerated Living came out in October if thats what you mean.

mankvill
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
No :eyes: Accelerated Living came out in October if thats what you mean.

October...December...who same thing! I didn't know about it until New Year's Eve.

Shit, now that I think about it, they probably had it for sale when I saw them with Kylesa. :mad:

IrritatedTrout
01-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Decided to go the the 1/30 Di'Anno show in VA Beach instead of the next day in Springfield. Freakin 21+.:mad:

3/15 - Megadeth, Testament, Exodus in DC (maybe)
3/19 - Megadeth, Testament, Exodus in Norfolk (definitely)
4/7 - Mayhem in DC (probably)
end of May - MDF VIII (hopefully)
August? - American Carnage in NJ

Shaping up to be a pretty sweet few months.

mastodon421
01-27-2010, 12:40 PM
1/28 Between The Buried And Me/Cynic/DTP/Scale The Summit
2/4 Killswitch Engage/TDWP/Dark Tranquility
4/23-4/25 New England Metal and Hardcore Festival (number of days I will be attending depends on the lineup)

Maybe
3/12 Dillinger Escape Plan/Darkest Hour
4/2 Overkill/Vader/God Dethroned/Warbringer

Doubtful but still a chance
4/4 Unearth/Veil Of Maya

mankvill
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
03/14 - Rose Funeral

AW YEAH SON!

makethemsuffer12
01-28-2010, 04:50 AM
03/14 - Rose Funeral

AW YEAH SON!

*High fives*

YEA BROSKI! SHIT'S GONNA BE SO BR00TALCORE!

Natrlhi
01-28-2010, 06:15 AM
03/14 - Rose Funeral

AW YEAH SON!

Double fist bump - slap it up, flip it, rub it down - give each other a bro-job.

mankvill
01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
03/04 - Misery Index w/ Magrudergrind

OH SHIT SON, ALL AGES.

THIS
IS
GOING
TO
BE
SICK

mankvill
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
02/28 - Skeletonwitch w/ Howl, Iron Age in St. Louis (maybe)
03/04 - Misery Index w/ Magrudergrind in Lawrence (for sure)
03/05 - Cheap Trick in Kansas City (maybe)(with mah momma)
03/13 - The Black Dahlia Murder w/ Obscura, Augury, Hatespere in Lawrence (for sure)
03/17 - Hatchet w/ Witchaven in Kansas City (most likely)
03/23 - Soulfly w/ Prong, Incite, Rotting Corpse in Kansas City (maybe)
04/02 - Weedeater w/ The Gates of Slumber, Black Tusk, Bison BS in Kansas City (more then likely)
04/23 - The Flaming Lips w/ The Dead Weather, White Rabbits, Minus The Bear in Kansas City (for sure)
04/25 - Overkill w/ Vader, Warbringer, Evile, God Dethroned in Tulsa (maybe)
06/11 - The Gates of Slumber w/ At The Left Hand Of God, moire in Kansas City (maybe)
06/25 - Uriah Heep in Kansas City (maybe)(at a casino, will be 21 :D )
07/23 - 07/25 - Central Illinois Metal Fest feat. Incantation, Origin, Deceased, Regurgitated, Phobia, Embryonic Devourment, etc. (maybe)
08/02 - Warped Tour feat. Andrew W.K, The Dillinger Escape Plan, etc. (for sure)
08/23 - American Carnage feat. Slayer, Megadeth, Testament (for sure)

:D

DethMaiden
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
03/13 - The Black Dahlia Murder w/ Obscura, Augury, Hatespere in Lawrence (for sure)
04/02 - Weedeater w/ The Gates of Slumber, Black Tusk, Bison BS in Kansas City (more then likely)
04/23 - The Flaming Lips w/ The Dead Weather, White Rabbits, Minus The Bear in Kansas City (for sure)
04/25 - Overkill w/ Vader, Warbringer, Evile, God Dethroned in Tulsa (maybe)
06/11 - The Gates of Slumber w/ At The Left Hand Of God, moire in Kansas City (maybe)
07/23 - 07/25 - Central Illinois Metal Fest feat. Incantation, Origin, Deceased, Regurgitated, Phobia, Embryonic Devourment, etc. (maybe)
08/02 - Warped Tour feat. Andrew W.K, The Dillinger Escape Plan, etc. (for sure)

Very fucking impressive, especially if you follow through on all the maybes.

2/13- Nile, Immolation, Krisiun, Dreaming Dead, Rose Funeral (hopefully showing up a little late)
3/13- Scion Rock Fest feat. Cannibal Corpse, Shrinebuilder, Voivod, 3 Inches of Blood, Landmine Marathon, Acrassicauda, Struck By Lightning, etc.
4/2- Tegan and Sara with some others
4/16- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
8/18- American Carnage feat. Slayer, Megadeth, Testament

May through July = working all day every day and probably not seeing shows :snivel:

Fires Of Sedition
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
04/25 - Overkill w/ Vader, Warbringer, Evile, God Dethroned in Tulsa (fa sho nigga)

Fixed

Maiden33
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Fucking Kansas show tonight got postponed. Apparently the old men are afraid of a few inches of snow.

mankvill
02-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Fucking Kansas show tonight got postponed. Apparently the old men are afraid of a few inches of snow.

FUCKING ALLENTOWN :finger2:

mastodon421
02-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Here is what is upcoming

For sure
4-23-4/25 New England Metal and Hardcore Festival
7/13 Warped Tour
7/27 Mayhem Fest
8/14 Megadeth/Slayer/Testament

Maybe
3/12 Dillinger Escape Plan/Darkest Hour
4/2 Overkill/Vader/God Dethroned/Warbringer
4/4 Unearth/Veil Of Maya

DethMaiden
02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Well, not TSO. $70? Fuck you.

Maiden33
02-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Well, not TSO. $70? Fuck you.

Dude, no offense, but how did this change your mind? I told you it was gonna be $58.50 to start, and I think you could've inferred there were going to be at least $5 of service charges - and you were still planning on going. What changed?

DethMaiden
02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Dude, no offense, but how did this change your mind? I told you it was gonna be $58.50 to start, and I think you could've inferred there were going to be at least $5 of service charges - and you were still planning on going. What changed?

Somehow I had it in my head that it was $48 for the good seats, but even so: $70 would be the most I've paid for a show that isn't Iron Maiden - and barely less than that. Definitely not worth it, especially since I'd be going alone. Also, I don't exactly have $70 sitting around. And I've seen them twice. And there's other shows that I need to buy tickets for.

It just wouldn't make sense. I'm disappointed that I'm missing it but there's just no way.

ChildrenofSodom
02-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Puscifer is coming to Columbus...for 35 bucks. Paramore tickets are cheaper than that.

mankvill
02-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Puscifer is coming to Columbus...for 35 bucks. Paramore tickets are cheaper than that.

Would see Paramore 100 times before I saw anything with Maynard in it.

ChildrenofSodom
02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Would see Paramore 100 times before I saw anything with Maynard in it.

Puscifer 35 bucks ain't a bad deal. I usually have to pay a hundred. ;)

Maiden33
02-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Puscifer 35 bucks ain't a bad deal. I usually have to pay a hundred. ;)

i c wut u did thar.

daimonos
02-14-2010, 08:42 AM
what do I have coming up...

Megadeth/Testament/Exodus - Haven't been too into Megadeth for awhile, but I would love to see Testament and Exodus, and I'm still interested in seeing Megadeth. Me and a couple of my friends might head out to this show.

Hammerfall - Might drive to Cleveland for this one. Once again this is a band I don't really listen to anymore, but I've never seen them so I want to go for nostalgia purposes. Hammerfall is one of the few power metal bands I've ever been into.

Black Dahlia Murder/Hatesphere/Obscura - Alright I do not like the Black Dahlia Murder very much at all. My friend and I mainly want to go for Obscura, and Hatesphere would be a bonus too, although I don't really listen to them.

Mastodon/BtBaM/Baroness - I love Mastodon and Baroness, and I'm looking forward to seeing both of them. Between the Buried and Me isnt really my thing though.

Mayhem Fest - Overall i'm disappointed with the lineup this year. But I am looking forward to seeing Rob Zombie (I'm sure he would put on a good show), Lamb of God (fuck off), Chimaira, FFDP (Just a tiny bit), and Shadows Fall (Just because I've never seen them). Hopefully I can also manage to get backstage at this one, I have a friend who knows Chris Adler and got to hang out with them backstage before. I'm just hoping Ozzfest kicks the shit out of this.

ChildrenofSodom
02-14-2010, 03:58 PM
I might actually be going to the Paramore/Relient K show. :eyes:

Maiden33
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Hammerfall - Might drive to Cleveland for this one. Once again this is a band I don't really listen to anymore, but I've never seen them so I want to go for nostalgia purposes. Hammerfall is one of the few power metal bands I've ever been into.

The fact that you've been into Hammerfall may be what's prevented you from getting into more power metal.

ChildrenofSodom
02-14-2010, 04:10 PM
The fact that you've been into Hammerfall may be what's prevented you from getting into more power metal.

haha. MY SHARONA!

daimonos
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM

I'm not really that interested in power metal to begin with, they were just one of the first metal bands I got into. The only other power metal I listen to every now and then is Blind Guardian. Because they are amazing. :D

ADD
02-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Shrinebuilder, Brant Bjork, Pentagram, and maybe Weedeater, next month is lookin rad :agree:

DethMaiden
02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Shrinebuilder, Brant Bjork, Pentagram, and maybe Weedeater, next month is lookin rad :agree:

:bowdown: Enjoy that Weedeater show, pissed to be missing it. Who's support on your date?

ADD
02-17-2010, 01:12 PM
:bowdown: Enjoy that Weedeater show, pissed to be missing it. Who's support on your date?
The Gates of Slumber and some others, not totally sure if its gonna go down cuz its my pops birthday that day as well as my last day of school before spring break so I might be flying home or driving back with friends the next day, if I'm still in town though I'm hit that up forsure.

DethMaiden
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
The Gates of Slumber and some others, not totally sure if its gonna go down cuz its my pops birthday that day as well as my last day of school before spring break so I might be flying home or driving back with friends the next day, if I'm still in town though I'm hit that up forsure.

Ah, The Gates of Slumber are beyond rad live. Seen 'em twice, they do it right. Let me know how that goes if you make it out. :fist:

DethMaiden
02-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Pentagram, The Gates of Slumber, and Coffinworm in Indy two days after Scion. Emailed club owner to see if it's 21+, here's hoping for the best.

EDIT: Meh, fuck it. I don't want to spend $15 to see two bands I've seen and one I don't listen to. (I know, I should listen to Pentagram.)

ravenheart
02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Recently added:

April
30 - Arch Enemy

May
10 - Nevermore
15 - Fozzy

June
6 - Rage Against The Machine
17 - Richie Kotzen

ADD
02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Pentagram, The Gates of Slumber, and Coffinworm in Indy two days after Scion. Emailed club owner to see if it's 21+, here's hoping for the best.

EDIT: Meh, fuck it. I don't want to spend $15 to see two bands I've seen and one I don't listen to. (I know, I should listen to Pentagram.)

http://hillaryjohnson.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/26/mistake.jpg

DethMaiden
02-18-2010, 03:12 PM

:lol: I know, I'm still considering it. But it's two days after Scion and mere hours before I'm getting my wisdom teeth yanked, so it's gonna be tough to convince me.

DethMaiden
02-19-2010, 06:11 AM

Aaaand it's 21+ anyway. Meh.

Natrlhi
02-19-2010, 10:52 PM
So I was supposed to go see Mouth of the Architect tomorrow night (or later today, technically) after being out all day playing poker at a big charity tournament...and I come to find out the show is re-scheduled until April. Plus, my wife is sick and I may have to stay home and watch my son - hence no cards either. Well sheeit. :flame:

TonyD
02-20-2010, 01:05 AM
So I was supposed to go see Mouth of the Architect tomorrow night (or later today, technically) after being out all day playing poker at a big charity tournament...and I come to find out the show is re-scheduled until April. Plus, my wife is sick and I may have to stay home and watch my son - hence no cards either. Well sheeit. :flame:

Looking forward to an awesome day and having the rug pulled out from underneath you :wallbang:

DethMaiden
02-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Just got my Scion Rock Fest all access wristband and the schedule. Little bit pissed about a couple of things: 3 Inches of Blood and Struck By Lightning's sets will probably overlap, and Cannibal Corpse and Shrinebuilder are headlining separate venues. Decisions, decisions. :hmm: :bouville:

ADD
02-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Just got my Scion Rock Fest all access wristband and the schedule. Little bit pissed about a couple of things: 3 Inches of Blood and Struck By Lightning's sets will probably overlap, and Cannibal Corpse and Shrinebuilder are headlining separate venues. Decisions, decisions. :hmm: :bouville:

If you choose Cannibal Corpse over Shrinebuilder.....:lol:

DethMaiden
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
If you choose Cannibal Corpse over Shrinebuilder.....:lol:

I think I'm gonna. :tongue: Shrinebuilder's only got one record, and they'll be back, and CC have basically made their reputation on the stage. I need Hammer Smashed Face in my life.

EDIT: BUT WHY THE FUCK DID THE ORGANIZERS MAKE THEM PLAY AT THE SAME TIME :( :( :( Easily the two bands on the bill I want to see most.

JuuKun
02-20-2010, 06:37 PM
March 8 - Orphaned Land/Suidakra/Gwynbleidd

Probably the only chance I'll ever get to see Orphaned Land headline, so I really hope I'll be able to make it. None of the other shows in March really matter compared to this, though Kreator/Voivod & Hammerfall are both the weekend before.

Also: May 2nd after the Overkill tour is done, the Killfest tour package minus Overkill is playing Providence. Extended Vader & God Dethroned sets at Club Hell? No way would I miss that. Especially considering how many locals have been added recently to the Overkill date in Worcester. Show starts at 7, but there's 11 bands playing. Unless they use both stages, I have absolutely no idea how they're going to pull that off without cutting set times.

Maiden33
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Finally fucking seeing Kansas tomorrow (well, it's nearly 4am, so tonight). I'm pumped.

Spiral_Slave
02-21-2010, 07:22 AM
03/06 - W.A.S.P.

03/30 - Kreator w/ Evile, Lazarus AD

04/24 - Jon Oliva's Pain w/ Seven Kingdoms

05/15 - Cannibal Corpse w/ Skeletonwitch

05/28 - Obituary

09/08 - 09/11 - ProgPower USA

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Seeing Kreator next Saturday, Soulfly the following Friday, and Megadeth/Testament/Exodus the following Thursday. I can pretty much say I'm a happy camper :D

ravenheart
02-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Megadeth/Testament/Exodus

They should keep this line-up for a World tour. But I'm sure when Megadeth eventually do another headlining tour here they'll bring the usual shitty support package.

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-21-2010, 12:33 PM
They should keep this line-up for a World tour. But I'm sure when Megadeth eventually do another headlining tour here they'll bring the usual shitty support package.

I don't know about SHITTY, but I doubt it could get better. The only bands who I could see putting up a fight are Overkill or Slayer. And besides, not to hurt Testament or Exodus at all because I fucking love them both, but RIP in its entirety is truly the selling point.

ravenheart
02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I totally think shitty. Last time we had Job For A Cowboy in the special guest slot, for Christ sakes.

And Dave had the cheek to call it "Gigantour".

I fully expect something roughly as bad when they come back next time.

mankvill
02-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I totally think shitty. Last time we had Job For A Cowboy in the special guest slot, for Christ sakes.

And Dave had the cheek to call it "Gigantour".

I fully expect something roughly as bad when they come back next time.

GIGANTOUR UK EDITION

MEGADETH
TRIVIUM
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

mankvill
02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Styx
Foreigner
Kansas

June 3rd

364 days after I saw Styx last. :lol:

daimonos
02-23-2010, 01:45 PM
got my tickets for Mastodon and Baroness last night

3rd row, left side of the stage. Should be a good time.

mankvill
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
got my tickets for Mastodon and Baroness last night

3rd row, left side of the stage. Should be a good time.

... seats?

Maiden33
02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Styx
Foreigner
Kansas

June 3rd

364 days after I saw Styx last. :lol:

Be prepared for Kansas to fucking rule.