PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

SomewhereInTime72
06-03-2009, 10:59 AM
KMFDM - October 7

?????Was there a tour announcement?????? :eek:

mankvill
06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
?????Was there a tour announcement?????? :eek:

Not yet, but the club's site here is showing it!

Also:

July 7 - Sunn O)))

:party::party::party::party::party::party:

ADD
06-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Not yet, but the club's site here is showing it!

Also:

July 7 - Sunn O)))

:party::party::party::party::party::party:
That's tight, I wanna see Sunn hella bad. And Bone Awl are touring? Huh?

mankvill
06-05-2009, 03:51 PM
That's tight, I wanna see Sunn hella bad. And Bone Awl are touring? Huh?

Yup! :D

ADD
06-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Yup! :D
Haha damn I just saw, missed the shows here already. I bet that'll be a cool show if it's well attended, lemme know how it is.

mankvill
06-05-2009, 04:04 PM
October 24 - Moonspell, Samael

FUCK YEAH!

Div
06-13-2009, 05:12 PM
might be going to see these guys weds

http://www.myspace.com/animalmusic

Butcher of Birth
06-13-2009, 07:20 PM
summer slaughter tuesday! Hell yes! Necrophagist!

TonyD
06-15-2009, 03:59 PM
My mom won an extra pair of tickets to Heart on Friday, so the whole family will be going.

ChildrenofSodom
06-15-2009, 04:37 PM
My mom won an extra pair of tickets to Heart on Friday, so the whole family will be going.

I'm sorry.

mankvill
06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry.

gtfo

TonyD
06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Thank you.
They're not the band from the 80s many people still think they are. I've seen them twice already and they play with more energy than a lot of metal bands I've seen lately.

overkiller
06-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Akitsa, Bone Awl and Volahn as well as Ashdautas, in New York City tomorrow night. I was already excited enough to see Bone Awl and Volahn, and then I found out Akitsa's headlining! This will be the only tr00, grimm black metal show I've ever been to--the reunion tours of the big names like Emperor and Immortal don't count, as far as I'm concerned. This will be a small venue with few people and totally fucking underground bands. Should be good. :bouville:

Edit: Scratch that, when I went to see Deströyer 666 in NYC, that was pretty fucking grimm and tr00.

powerslave_85
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry.
I will fight anyone who doesn't like "Barracuda" or "Crazy On You."

ravenheart
06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
After 20 minutes of fighting with broken websites I've finally just booked a ticket for a tiny Alice In Chains gig in London on August 4th.

TonyD
06-19-2009, 03:34 AM
After 20 minutes of fighting with broken websites I've finally just booked a ticket for a tiny Alice In Chains gig in London on August 4th.

Nice.

I just found out that not Pearl Jam or the Beastie Boys are headlining Outside Lands the day Mastodon is playing, but the Dave Mathews band.
90 bucks? No thanks.

overkiller
06-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Akitsa, Bone Awl and Volahn as well as Ashdautas, in New York City tomorrow night. I was already excited enough to see Bone Awl and Volahn, and then I found out Akitsa's headlining! This will be the only tr00, grimm black metal show I've ever been to--the reunion tours of the big names like Emperor and Immortal don't count, as far as I'm concerned. This will be a small venue with few people and totally fucking underground bands. Should be good. :bouville:

Edit: Scratch that, when I went to see Deströyer 666 in NYC, that was pretty fucking grimm and tr00.

This show fucking sold out, and I don't have a ticket. I was NOT expecting that. :( :mad: :pissed: :(

DethMaiden
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
This show fucking sold out, and I don't have a ticket. I was NOT expecting that. :( :mad: :pissed: :(

That is INSANE. I can't believe how many fucked up people there are in NYC. Are you gonna go try to get one from a scalper?

overkiller
06-19-2009, 08:19 AM
That is INSANE. I can't believe how many fucked up people there are in NYC. Are you gonna go try to get one from a scalper?

I don't know. The guys I was gonna go with sorta know the guy who ran the ticket sales (Dominick of Hospital Productions/Ash Pool/Prurient), but I'm not holding out much hope. If a show like this sold out, I imagine pretty much everyone who has a ticket fucking wants to be there and will not be selling their tickets. UGH :mad:

DethMaiden
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know. The guys I was gonna go with sorta know the guy who ran the ticket sales (Dominick of Hospital Productions/Ash Pool/Prurient), but I'm not holding out much hope. If a show like this sold out, I imagine pretty much everyone who has a ticket fucking wants to be there and will not be selling their tickets. UGH :mad:

Right, there aren't "casual" Bone Awl fans. Good luck with that.

ADD
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Ash Pool should tour, they're my favorite of the current underground black metal bands. That's a bummer though man, I missed the Bone Awl shows here too cuz I found out about it too late :(

ravenheart
06-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Thank you.
They're not the band from the 80s many people still think they are. I've seen them twice already and they play with more energy than a lot of metal bands I've seen lately.

If they had some decent songs they'd be good then, huh? ;)

DethMaiden
06-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I've only really got two on the schedule, which is outlandishly low for me and yet sadly representative of what I expect the next four years to be (unless I start seeing Zoso every other week like JRA here ;)). I'm seeing Clutch and Baroness July 9th and Porcupine Tree on September 22nd (I think) in Chicago.

overkiller
06-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Needless to say, the Bone Awl/Akitsa/Volahn/Ashdautas show didn't happen. So bummed. :(

powerslave_85
06-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, there's nothing good on the horizon here in Tucson in the next month and a half, so it looks like no shows for me for quite a while :(

mankvill
06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Needless to say, the Bone Awl/Akitsa/Volahn/Ashdautas show didn't happen. So bummed. :(

:( I'll try and get in, but I doubt I'll be able to.

overkiller
06-19-2009, 07:36 PM
:( I'll try and get in, but I doubt I'll be able to.

Also, the show in NYC was 21+, so good luck with that. :/

mankvill
06-20-2009, 03:47 PM
07/21 - Wolves In The Throne Room

fuck fuck fuck. I swear to Christ I'm never going to get to see WITTR. And this is actually an all-ages (or 18+) venue. But it's the same fucking day as Mayhem Festival. I really fucking hope Slayer goes on before Manson so I can try and catch WITTR. Shit. Fuck. GOD DAMN!

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-20-2009, 04:04 PM
07/21 - Wolves In The Throne Room

fuck fuck fuck. I swear to Christ I'm never going to get to see WITTR. And this is actually an all-ages (or 18+) venue. But it's the same fucking day as Mayhem Festival. I really fucking hope Slayer goes on before Manson so I can try and catch WITTR. Shit. Fuck. GOD DAMN!

Slayer are going on before Manson.

mankvill
06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Slayer are going on before Manson.

GOOD. (You'll never hear me say that again. :lol: )

I might be able to head on down to Lawrence after them and catch WITTR.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-20-2009, 04:32 PM
GOOD. (You'll never hear me say that again. :lol: )

I might be able to head on down to Lawrence after them and catch WITTR.

I hear ya :lol:

mankvill
06-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, now some places are saying WITTR isn't playing at all, some places are saying they are playing alone, some places are saying they're playing with Minsk, and some say only Minsk is playing. :bouville:

BlashyrkhMR101
06-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Doro in September :party:

JuuKun
06-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Jun. 30 - Def Leppard/Poison in Mansfield, MA
Jul. 7 - Judas Priest/Whitesnake in Mansfield, MA
Jul. 18 - Summer Slaughter in Worcester, MA
Jul. 25 - Goatwhore/Abigail Williams in Hartford, CT
Jul. 30 - Queensryche in Boston, MA
Aug. 04 - Rockstar Mayhem in Mansfield, MA
Aug. 06 - blink-182 in Mansfield, MA
Aug. 15 - Marduk in New York, NY
Aug. 19 - Crue Fest in Mansfield, MA
Aug. 22 or 23 - Bruce Springsteen in Mansfield, MA
Sep. 06 - Doro in Hartford, CT (OR Motorhead in Boston, MA, if I can't make it to Doro)
Sep. 08 - Edguy in Cambridge, MA
Sep. 12 - Primal Fear in New York, NY
Sep. 21 - Stratovarius in Cambridge, MA
Oct. 09 - DragonForce/Sonata Arctica in Worcester, MA
Oct. 12 - Sonata Arctica in Hartford, CT
Oct. 16 - God Dethroned in New York, NY
Oct. 17 - God Dethroned in Worcester, MA (Not even sure if this is happening. I've asked the band, they weren't sure themselves, so might just go to the NY one)
Oct. 18 - Moonspell/Samael in New York, NY
Nov. 5 - Vader in Worcester, MA

Shit.
Have tickets for Def Leppard, Judas Priest, and blink-182, and I'm on the street team, so I should be all set for Summer Slaughter.
Everything else is up in the air. Going to make it to as many of them as I can, though. Refuse to miss the last three.

DethMaiden
06-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Thinking about seeing Matisyahu with Dub Trio July 15th in Columbus. FIRE DESCENDS FROM ON HIGH IN THE SHAPE OF A LI-O-ON.

mankvill
06-24-2009, 10:47 AM
@DethMaiden: Do it. I might see him here with Umphrey's McGee.

I just got my blink-182 ticket which actually turned into a festival (http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/30357607/965+Presents+The+Buzz+Beach+Ball+beach_splash.jpg) . More good bands, that's fine by me. :D

Also: Down is coming here on August 3. No openers listed, though.

So for me:

June 29 - Bone Awl w/ Ares Kingdom, Ashdautas, Volahn (hopefully)
July 7 - Sunn O))) w/ Eagle Twin (hopefully)
July 9 - Rocklahoma w/ Anthrax, Saxon, Overkill, etc. (hopefully)
July 17 - Pro-Pain w/ Sworn Enemy, Mantic Ritual, HAMMERLORD!!@# (hopefully)
or
July 17 - Umphrey's McGee w/ Matisyahu
July 20 - Abigail Williams w/ Goatwhore, Daath, Abysmal Dawn, etc. (hopefully)
July 21 - Rockstar Mayhem w/ Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth
July 21 - Wolves in the Throne Room (after Mayhem Fest)
July 23 - Skeletonwitch w/ Saviours, Trap Them (hopefully)
July 29 - Master w/ Pathology, Dreaming Dead, etc. (hopefully)
Aug. 1 - 10 for $10 w/ Bane, Terror, Trapped Under Ice, etc.
Aug. 3 - Down
Aug. 4 - Warped Tour (if I win a VIP ticket)
Aug. 7 - Alice Cooper (hopefully)
Aug. 8 - Hatebreed w/ Chimaira, Dying Fetus, Toxic Holocaust (hopefully)
Aug. 9 - Reel Big Fish w/ The English Beat
Aug. 14 - 15 - Kansas City Power Metal Festival w/ Manilla Road, Widow, Avenger Of Blood, Ancient Creation, Lightning Swords of Death, etc. (hopefully)
Aug. 20 - Journey w/ Heart
Sept. 4 - blink-182 w/ Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, The Von Bondies, Mac Lethal, etc.
Sept. 28 - Dragonforce w/ Sonata Arctica
Oct. 24 - Moonspell w/ Samael, Secrets Of The Moon

*phew*

ChildrenofSodom
06-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Where do you work, man? Thats alot of shows, lot of money.

mankvill
06-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Where do you work, man? Thats alot of shows, lot of money.

;)

DethMaiden
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
@DethMaiden: Do it. I might see him here with Umphrey's McGee.

Yeah, I'm going to. I only have one other show this summer and I really need to see shows while I'm still living away from God's armpit, southern Indiana.

ADD
06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Pretty sure Down are touring with the Melvins late summer/fall, that's a gurantee if I can do it.

mankvill
06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Pretty sure Down are touring with the Melvins late summer/fall, that's a gurantee if I can do it.

akjodfasodjf oh fuck i totally forgot abotu that.

if melvins are with down, i'll buy a fucking ticket right now.

edit: I checked live nation and it looks like the beginning of the tour is Down w/ Voivod and the 2nd half is Down w/ The Melvins. :party:

Natrlhi
06-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Thinking about seeing Matisyahu with Dub Trio July 15th in Columbus. FIRE DESCENDS FROM ON HIGH IN THE SHAPE OF A LI-O-ON.

Dub Trio are sublime live. The first time I saw them I had barely even heard of them (I was at the show to see Russian Circles, I think), and they blew me away.

Awesome band - awesome talent (especially the drummer). :rocker:

DethMaiden
06-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Dub Trio are sublime live. The first time I saw them I had barely even heard of them (I was at the show to see Russian Circles, I think), and they blew me away.

Awesome band - awesome talent (especially the drummer). :rocker:

I saw them open for Clutch like three years ago. They were pretty sweet.

mankvill
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Down posted on their myspace:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS US TOUR COMING UP.... THE MELVINS :shock: , VOIVOD, DANAVA, EVIL ARMY, WEEDEATER, HAARP...... WOW WHAT A TOUR!

Melvins, Voivod, Weedeater :O

ADD
06-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Down posted on their myspace:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS US TOUR COMING UP.... THE MELVINS :shock: , VOIVOD, DANAVA, EVIL ARMY, WEEDEATER, HAARP...... WOW WHAT A TOUR!

Melvins, Voivod, Weedeater :O
Weedeater got on that? Fuckin sellouts ;)

I'm seeing YOB in a handful of hours u beezy :cool:

DethMaiden
06-27-2009, 07:37 AM
August 8th Slough Feg and Bible of the Devil are playing Lansing, Michigan. Four hours, same as Cleveland, where I've justified Katatonia, Iron Maiden, and Carcass shows....this is not an easy decision. :snivel:

mankvill
06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Sept. 27 - Motorhead

The day before Dragonforce!

mastodon421
07-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Heres whats coming up for me

For Sure

August 4th Mayhem Fest [for every band except Behemoth and Trivium]
Mansfield,MA
August 15th Thrash and Burn Tour [for Devildriver,Despised Icon and Veil Of Maya] Worcester MA

Maybe
July 18th Summer Slaughter[proably not because no Suffocation on this date:mad:] Worcester, MA
or
July 18th Rock The Bells-Nas,Common,The Roots etc Mansfield, MA

July 22 Warped Tour Mansfield,MA

Sept 11 Children Of Bodom,Skeletonwitch Providence,RI

Oct 16-18 Rock and Shock Worcester MA[depending on lineup]

November 5 Vader/Decrepit Birth/Warbringer Worcester,MA

ADD
07-01-2009, 12:14 PM
August 8th Slough Feg and Bible of the Devil are playing Lansing, Michigan. Four hours, same as Cleveland, where I've justified Katatonia, Iron Maiden, and Carcass shows....this is not an easy decision. :snivel:
I think that's just gonna be too much guitar for you :cool: :D

Anyways, tomorrow night.....

http://www.dnalounge.com/flyers/2009/07/02-pentagram-1.jpg

:metal:

gabo03
07-01-2009, 01:33 PM
July 12 - Bleeding Through

mankvill
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/416/getattachmentaspxwba.jpg

:party:

Gonna give 'em another good homecoming show.

Spiral_Slave
07-03-2009, 07:17 AM
I've got a few shows shaping up for the fall...

08/24 -- Tony Martin's Headless Cross

09/15 -- Motorhead

10/06 -- Clutch

11/14 -- Florida Power Fest with Circle II Circle and Theocracy

Maiden33
07-03-2009, 07:20 AM
08/24 -- Tony Martin's Headless Cross

:mad:

ravenheart
07-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Just got tickets for Dream Theater/Opeth/Bigelf/Unexpect on October 10 at Wembley Arena :D

IrritatedTrout
07-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I've got Marduk (assuming they fuckin play this time :hmm:), Judas Priest, and Heaven and Hell this summer. All in/around Baltimore. There's a bunch of shows I want to see this fall (namely Edguy, Primal Fear, Motorhead, and Pagan's Mind) but I'll probably only be able to afford Edguy and Motorhead plus I already have my floor ticket to Metallica in VA in October.

SomewhereInTime72
07-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I really wanna go see Priest (and Whitesnake too kinda) this Sunday, but I don't know if the money can possibly work out and not be a huge mistake. Ugh.

xStructualDefect
07-07-2009, 10:12 PM
umm well i just went to summer slaughter last tuesday and that was fucking great.
hmm rockstar mayhem this sunday.
(maybe) abigial williams jul 16.
(maybe) threat signal jul 30.
(maybe) mudvayne & static-x aug 29.
dragonforce / sonata arctica sept 18.
in flames sept 22.
(maybe) stratovarius oct 7.
children of bodom oct. 10th

the maybes are considering i have a ride and if my friends are down for it. i'm usually the one who convinces all my friends to go to shows.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I really wanna go see Priest (and Whitesnake too kinda) this Sunday, but I don't know if the money can possibly work out and not be a huge mistake. Ugh.

Why don't you get mezzazine seats? That's what me and my friends are doing. And at a lot of arena shows I've found it not too difficult to sneak higher up ;)

Indestructible
07-08-2009, 06:59 AM
7.30.09 killswitch/all that remains and 11.10.09 metallica

SomewhereInTime72
07-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Why don't you get mezzazine seats? That's what me and my friends are doing. And at a lot of arena shows I've found it not too difficult to sneak higher up ;)

It's usually not hard to sneak up, but I've found and Jones Beach it usually is for some reason. Even mezzanine seats would be $25 plus another 10 for service charge bullshit, and I don't have a car which means I have to take some convoluted bus thingy to get there and back (another fee of I forget how much)- all of which is very straining on a guy like me who has been unsuccessfully job-hunting for like 2 months. :bouville:

JuuKun
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Bought my Rockstar Mayhem ticket last night at Judas Priest. I guess it hasn't been selling well here, since Live Nation had a booth, and were selling tickets at the show.

Got myself a Section 4 seat for $10.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-08-2009, 01:59 PM
It's usually not hard to sneak up, but I've found and Jones Beach it usually is for some reason. Even mezzanine seats would be $25 plus another 10 for service charge bullshit, and I don't have a car which means I have to take some convoluted bus thingy to get there and back (another fee of I forget how much)- all of which is very straining on a guy like me who has been unsuccessfully job-hunting for like 2 months. :bouville:

Lucky for me I live down in the island :D

But I can see how that would be a strain. If you buy today though (Wednesday), I'm pretty sure service fees aren't included (don't quote me on that though). In terms of transportation that does suck though.

ravenheart
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Motorhead headlining Guilfest on Friday next for me.

Rock/metal bands also playing which I will watch:

Ginger (from The Wildhearts)
Tragedy: All Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees
Poison Rose
Velvet Razor
Voodoo Johnson
Draven

Then it's Thunder's last ever headlining gig on Saturday.

DethMaiden
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Alllllllllllright August 11th in Columbus Giant Squid, Grayceon and Kenoma. :horns:

And Clutch and Baroness tonight. :party:

ADD
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Oh nice, please relay the list of songs played :cool:

DethMaiden
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh nice, please relay the list of songs played :cool:

Will do. This will be my fourth time seeing Clutch, hoping to see some stuff I haven't seen them do before (besides the obvious six or so songs they'll do off the new album of course).

ChildrenofSodom
07-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Alllllllllllright August 11th in Columbus Giant Squid, Grayceon and Kenoma. :horns:

:masturbate:

Sinfulsot
07-09-2009, 06:37 PM
less then 48 hours til my Priest Feast

ChildrenofSodom
07-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Oct. 28, Queensryche playing within earshot of my dorm room!

Derelict
07-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Will do. This will be my fourth time seeing Clutch, hoping to see some stuff I haven't seen them do before (besides the obvious six or so songs they'll do off the new album of course).

setlist?

DethMaiden
07-10-2009, 08:20 AM
setlist?

Check the setlists forum. :D

Natrlhi
07-10-2009, 11:07 AM

You lucky bastard. Giant Squid and Grayceon are probably on my list to see in Chicago when I go to Lollapalooza next month (I have to skip TOOL to see them, though - what a painful sacrifice!), and then I have to miss Clutch and Baroness on Friday night (8/7) in Cleveland as well because of the aforementioned Lollapalooza.

The good news is that I've seen Tool, Baroness and Clutch before. I've never seen Giant Squid or Grayceon, though, so hopefully that part of the plan works out. Enjoy, and PLEEZE :snivel: post a set list from the show if you can. You might well be the only other person I know of who is going to that show.

You should know going in that Giant Squid's new material will probably be a whole lot less striking live (at least as compared to the album versions), because a lot of the extra instrumentation and vocals will not be there. Prior familiarity with the material (even if you have to download it!) will enhance the live experience a ton.

EDIT: I just realized you're going after I am, so I guess the burden for the set list is on me... :D

Maiden33
07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Over the Rainbow w/ lazarus tonight! It's gonna be a rockin' good time.

mankvill
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
July 20 - Cannibal Corpse w/ Behemoth, The Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid

Maybe. It's in Omaha and the day before my date of Mayhem Fest.

SomewhereInTime72
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Holy shit, Nine Inch Nails just announced 4 shows in (relatively, for NIN) small venues in NYC this august. I may actually get to see this goodbye tour after all. :) :drool: :party:

ravenheart
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Over the Rainbow w/ lazarus tonight! It's gonna be a rockin' good time.

If JLT doesn't sound like shit, and that's no guarantee.

Maiden33
07-12-2009, 03:03 PM
If JLT doesn't sound like shit, and that's no guarantee.

He sounded pretty good, I thought. Then again, the sound at the venue was terrible so who knows how it actually sounded.

Well, on subject of the thread I just found out last night that I'm apparently seeing Dream Theater on August 7th now. Gotta love dirt cheap tickets.

ravenheart
07-13-2009, 01:35 AM
He sounded pretty good, I thought. Then again, the sound at the venue was terrible so who knows how it actually sounded.

:lol:

Cool. He sounded awful when I passed the stage they were playing at Sweden Rock. But Blackmore's kid was awesome.

Sinfulsot
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
my schedule is now suddenly very open.

Maiden33
07-13-2009, 01:41 PM
my schedule is now suddenly very open.

Necromance @ Ace of Clubs - New York, NY - August 15th

There, I helped fill it.

DethMaiden
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
About to leave for Matisyahu and Dub Trio. :cool:

DethMaiden
07-15-2009, 10:03 PM
About to leave for Matisyahu and Dub Trio. :cool:

I won't make a thread because I don't know the full setlist. He definitely played Indestructible, Thunder, King Without a Crown, One Day, Youth, and Time of Your Song, and during Time of Your Song my brother and I got on stage with Matisyahu and danced. It was fucking awesome.

Oh, and Dub Trio played their set and then were also Matisyahu's band, so all his songs were different, mostly for the better. Great night except my car is fucked up. :(

mankvill
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Awesome! Matisyahu owns. :)

My metal week is GO!

July 20 - Cannibal Corpse w/ Behemoth, The Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid - Omaha, NE
July 21 - Rockstar Mayhem w/ Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, etc. - Kansas City, KS
July 23 - Skeletonwitch w/ Saviours, Trap Them - Kansas City, MO
July 25 - Origin w/ Troglodyte, Marasmus - Lawrence, KS

:):):)

TonyD
07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
And I thought my two weeks were crowded

July 19 - My band
July 22 - Baroness/Clutch
July 24 - MAYBE Slightly Stoopid (with Snoop Dogg :lol:)
July 31 - Priest

ravenheart
07-16-2009, 12:56 AM
July 24 - Testament/Warbringer (and disappointingly Anaal Nathrakh too) next for me.

mankvill
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Jand disappointingly Anaal Nathrakh too

You shut your fucking whore mouth.

DethMaiden
07-16-2009, 10:21 AM
July 24 - Testament/Warbringer (and disappointingly Anaal Nathrakh too) next for me.

I'll be living in London for twelve weeks in the summer of 2011. We have to see heavy metal shows together.

Maiden33
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Attending:
August 7th: Dream Theater (Prog Nation) @ The Convention Hall - Asbury Park, NJ
August 16th: King's X w/ lazarus @ The Chance - Poughkeepsie, NY
September
September 9th: Edguy @ The Blender Theater - New York, NY
September 12th: Primal Fear @ The Blender Theater - New York, NY
September 23rd: Stratovarius and Pagans Mind @ Sonar - Baltimore, MD

Playing:
July 17th: Dave Phillips Music and Sound Showcase - Allentown, PA
July 25th: True Metal America @ The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA
August 15th: Ace of Clubs w/ lost legacy - New York, NY
August 28th: Joey Ramone lymphoma Benefit @ JD's Place w/ lazarus - Farmingdale, NY
September 25th: The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA

DethMaiden
07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I'll be living in London for twelve weeks in the summer of 2011. We have to see heavy metal shows together.

I was serious, ravenheart, and you spurned me. :(

Indestructible
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
insomniac
green day

gabo03
07-20-2009, 11:45 PM
August 22 - Arch Enemy

JuuKun
07-21-2009, 03:54 AM
January 30th - Epica/DAATH/Blackguard in Worcester, MA

:party:

Sinfulsot
07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Alice Cooper is being considered as a real possibility. And i might be going with the wife as opposed to flying solo!

ChildrenofSodom
07-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Clutch, Queensryche, Mike Birbiglia, and Daniel Tosh are doing shows within two months of me moving to Columbus. :party:

DethMaiden
07-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Well, probably not Porcupine Tree anymore, but let's see: Giant Squid/Grayceon/Kenoma in like three weeks, Wrekmeister Harmonies and some bands I'm not familiar with in Bloomington October 10th, and Immortal Technique in September if I can figure out a way to get into a 21+ club.

powerslave_85
07-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Clutch, Queensryche, Mike Birbiglia, and Daniel Tosh are doing shows within two months of me moving to Columbus. :party:
I didn't like Mike Birbiglia at first, but I saw his latest special and it was really good. And Tosh is always awesome.

ChildrenofSodom
07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I've never been to a comedy show, so that will be fun.

TonyD
07-24-2009, 11:25 AM
And Tosh is always awesome.

His show is pretty lame though. I don't know who's idea it was to make a show out of commenting on internet videos, but it wasn't a good one.

b_halperin
07-24-2009, 11:33 AM
I didn't like Mike Birbiglia at first, but I saw his latest special and it was really good. And Tosh is always awesome.

Holy shit I love Mike Birbiglia hahahahaha

edit: Upcoming show: DEVILDRIVER!

powerslave_85
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
His show is pretty lame though. I don't know who's idea it was to make a show out of commenting on internet videos, but it wasn't a good one.
What? Really? I love it. I mean, it would be terrible if it was someone else hosting, but his jokes are very similar to his stand-up, and he's pretty fearless about the stuff he says/does on the show (this week he went on a rant basically about how Comedy Central is fucking over his show).

Mike Birbiglia's "You'd be surprised" bit is one of the funniest pieces of stand-up I've ever heard. I think Patton Oswalt is my all-time favorite stand-up comedian, though. His two albums (third one comes out next month!) are fucking genius.

mankvill
07-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Tosh's show on Comedy Central would be a lot funnier if they didn't do 3 year old viral videos.

powerslave_85
07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
See, I don't follow viral videos whatsoever, so it's all new to me.

makethemsuffer12
07-24-2009, 11:45 AM

I though Tosh sucked hard when I first saw the commercials for his show. As I expected, the show itself isn't anything special as well. I also love the fact that G4 has pretty much the same show except they call it "Web Soup", which pretty much sets it up for comparison to much superior "The Soup". Anyway, I was flipping through channels one day and Tosh's standup special was on, and it was suprisingly funny. I would've never expected him to be funny from watching that stupid show.

Maiden33
07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
See, I don't follow viral videos whatsoever, so it's all new to me.

Yeah, same here. I think it's a pretty funny show.

Maiden33
07-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I've never been to a comedy show, so that will be fun.

Comedy shows are so difficult for me to justify spending the money on. If a concert and a comedy show cost the same amount of money, I consider this:
When you see a concert, especially of a bigger touring band, you're seeing the work of many, many people with a lot of money invested in the performance. You're seeing usually 4 or 5 performers with generally thousands of dollars worth of musical gear, a light show, special effects, video screens, sound people, light people, instrument technicians, etc. The money of each ticket needs to be split up a thousand ways to pay for everything. When you see a comedy show it's one guy, on stage with a microphone, through a PA system, usually provided by the venue. It makes that same ticket price seem like that much more of a rip-off.

powerslave_85
07-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, but if you're seeing a good comic, the entertainment value is the same, IMO. Plus, chances are that you've never heard the material he or she is performing (again, if they're good and don't recycle old material).

mankvill
07-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I saw the Amazing Jonathan in Vegas and he's fucking hilarious. :lol:

TonyD
07-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah, but if you're seeing a good comic, the entertainment value is the same, IMO. Plus, chances are that you've never heard the material he or she is performing (again, if they're good and don't recycle old material).

Chances are it will be released on TV or a CD 6-12 months later too...

mastodon421
07-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I love Tosh he is one of my fave comics. I think it is very clever,fearleass and hysterical.

b_halperin
07-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I saw the Amazing Jonathan in Vegas and he's fucking hilarious. :lol:

Wait really?!?!?!! Isn't it 21+?? that's what my parents told me hahaha

ravenheart
07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Just added Richie Kotzen in October and Swallow The Sun in December to my schedule :D

ChildrenofSodom
07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Just added Richie Kotzen in October and Swallow The Sun in December to my schedule :D

Lucky.

ChildrenofSodom
07-24-2009, 05:32 PM
I think Patton Oswalt is my all-time favorite stand-up comedian, though. His two albums (third one comes out next month!) are fucking genius.

Same here. I love Oswalt, David Cross, Brian Posehn, that group of guys. And then, if you consider Tim & Eric and Zach Galifinakis stand-up, I love those guys.

DethMaiden
07-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Tosh 2.0 is really awful. The Soup is a thousand times funnier for working a similar angle.

That said, Tosh's stand-up is some of the funniest on Earth. Along with Jim Gaffigan, he's my favorite comic right now.

mankvill
07-24-2009, 05:56 PM

Swallow the Sun is awesome live. Enjoy! :light:

b_halperin
07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Tomorrow - Devildriver
August 2 - Burning at the Stake

DethMaiden
07-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Alright, I'm trying to hit three shows between my last day of work and two weeks later when I start up at school now:

8/11- Giant Squid/Grayceon/Kenoma (Columbus)
8/14- The Gates of Slumber/Demiricous/Zoroaster/Apostle of Solitude/Serpent Cult/Coffin Worm (Indianapolis)
8/sometime- a Dayton Dirt Collective show tbd

After that it's dead until probably Christmas break and maybe even spring break or summer. :(

ravenheart
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Lucky.

More long overdue than lucky. They've never headlined in the UK before.

Sinfulsot
07-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Alice Cooper
Placebo yeah for real

mastodon421
07-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Hopefully I can go to In Flames/Between The Buried and Me/3 Inches Of Blood/The Faceless on October 3. I love all of these bands and seeing Between The Buried and Me again is very high on my list of things to do.

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
October 3-4 Mid-Ohio Con: Ohio's Comic Book Convention!

:rocker:

Maiden33
07-27-2009, 05:09 PM
April 30th - May 3rd, 2010:
TRITON POWER CRUISE
incl. Evergrey, Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, Crmson Glory, and Seven Witches

It's going to be an epic fucking adventure. :party: :dance:

IrritatedTrout
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
April 30th - May 3rd, 2010:
TRITON POWER CRUISE
incl. Evergrey, Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, Crmson Glory, and Seven Witches

It's going to be an epic fucking adventure. :party: :dance:

Does that set sail from America or Europe?

Saint Vitus added to my schedule for October 18.:blaze:

Maiden33
07-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Does that set sail from America or Europe?

Saint Vitus added to my schedule for October 18.:blaze:

It leaves from 'round about Miami, sailing down to Nassau in the Bahamas and back again.

mankvill
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Upate!

08/01 - 10 for $10 w/ Terror, Bane, Trapped Under Ice, etc. (maybe)
08/07 - Alice Cooper (maybe)
-or-
08/07 - Battery: Metallica Tribute (probably)
08/22 - The Casualties (maybe)
09/04 - blink-182 w/ Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, The Von Bondies, etc.
09/14 - The Mars Volta (maybe)
09/15 - Wavves
-or-
09/15 - Static-X w/ Hammerlord
09/27 - Motorhead w/ Reverend Horton Heat, Nashville Pussy
09/28 - Dragonforce w/ Sonata Arctica
10/01 - Clutch w/ Wino (maybe)
10/10 - Kylesa w/ Doomriders, Bison B.C., Red Fang (contender for heaviest show of the year, possibly ever)
10/24 - Moonspell w/ Samael, Book of Black Earth, Secrets Of The Moon

And then Nile in January. ;)

ravenheart
07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Decided to drop Gotthard on November 3 in favour of Paradise Lost.

mastodon421
07-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Upcoming shows Updated
For Sure
8/4 Mayhem Fest
8/15 Thrash and Burn Tour

Proably
10/3 In Flames,Between The Buried and Me,3 Inches Of Blood,The Faceless
10/17-10/19 Rock and Shock [Depending on lineup]
Maybe
8/6 or 8/29 blink 182
9-18 Children Of Bodom,Skeltonwitch
9-21 Lamb Of God,GWAR,Job For A Cowboy
11-5 Vader,Warbringer

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Let's see, counting those that I might go to, this is it.

August
08/08-Rockstar Mayhem (In Conneticut, driving up there and staying in a hotel til the 9th. Kickass)
08/09-Dream Theater
08/11-DevilDriver (Gonna be staying in an apartment in the city for three days. Also kickass)

September
9/19-Children of Bodom/Skeletonwitch

October
10/02-In Flames (The set will most definately influence my attendance)
10/10-Dragonforce/Sonata Arctica
10/24-Lamb of God (Finally a show semi-close!!!)

November
11/7-Vader/Warbringer (Pretty sure I'll come down to the city for this one)
11/12-Metallica/Lamb of God/Volbeat (If I can make it to this....so awesome)

January
01/18-Nile (I really hope I'm on college vaca for this one)

I'm still on the search too. I'm sure I'll find some other upstate shows.

makethemsuffer12
07-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Mayhem Fest - 8/8
Hatebreed w/ Chimaira, Dying Fetus, Winds Of Plague, and Toxic Holocaust - 8/30 (maybe)
Trivium w/ Suicide Silence and All Shall Perish (why must they have such bad openers?) - 9/11
Children Of Bodom w/ The Black Daliah Murder and Skeletonwitch - 9/19
Vader w/Warbringer - 11/7
Metallica w/ Lamb Of God and Volbeat - 11/14

makethemsuffer12
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Well I just found out that I'm seeing AC/DC at Giants Stadium tomorrow, so yea lol.

Maiden33
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I found out about 2 hours ago that I'll be seeing Dream Theater tomorrow night, so hurray for that!

ChildrenofSodom
07-30-2009, 08:35 PM
I found out about 2 hours ago that I'll be seeing Dream Theater tomorrow night, so hurray for that!

How does that 'come up'? :lol:

Maiden33
07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
How does that 'come up'? :lol:

My best friend somehow wound up with an extra ticket for tomorrow night's show, and couldn't find anyone willing to buy it close to what he paid for it, so I got it cheap.

TonyD
07-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Priest tomorrow

Sinfulsot
07-31-2009, 05:57 AM
AC/DC this sunday

DethMaiden
07-31-2009, 07:35 PM
8/11- Giant Squid/Grayceon/Kenoma- Columbus, OH
8/14- The Gates of Slumber/Demiricous/Zoroaster/Serpentcult/Apostle of Solitude/Coffin Worm- Indianapolis, IN
8/22- Overmars/Battlefields/Tonight Golden Curls/Pus-Drainer- Dayton, OH
8/23- Dream Theater/Zappa Plays Zappa/Bigelf/Scale the Summit - Chicago, IL (unconfirmed)
10/10- Wovenhand/Wrekmeister Harmonies/Tammar - Bloomington, IN

EDIT: Suck it mankvill I've got a metal two weeks.

ChildrenofSodom
07-31-2009, 08:34 PM
8/14- The Gates of Slumber/Demiricous/Zoroaster/Serpentcult/Apostle of Solitude/Coffin Worm- Indianapolis, IN
9/24- Clutch - Columbus, OH (this is a maybe, my second day of classes at OSU, we'll see)
10/1 - Mike Birbiglia - Columbus, OH
11/13 - Daniel Tosh -Columbus, OH

Somewhere in there I'm going to Columbus Crew (futbol), Columbus Blue Jackets (ice hockey), and OSU basketball games.

DethMaiden
08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
The money and practicality cons are outweighing the "Voices" and Bigelf pros of going to Prog Nation...I think it's gonna be a skip this year. :(

Maiden33
08-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Columbus Blue Jackets (ice hockey)

Maybe if you're lucky they'll have a decent season and make the playoffs for the second year in team history, making it a two-year streak. To be honest I really felt bad for them. First time in team history they make the playoffs and they have to play the Red Wings in round one, it's sad.

ChildrenofSodom
08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe if you're lucky they'll have a decent season and make the playoffs for the second year in team history, making it a two-year streak. To be honest I really felt bad for them. First time in team history they make the playoffs and they have to play the Red Wings in round one, it's sad.

Yeah, I don't know shit about hockey, but considering I'm 2 hours from Cleveland (for the Cavs and the Browns), too far from Cincy for the Bengals, and I didn't get OSU football tickets, so I'd figure I'd go seem some 'other' sports. Hopefully I'm a hockey and soccer fan by the time I leave college.

The_jman
08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I don't know shit about hockey, but considering I'm 2 hours from Cleveland (for the Cavs and the Browns), too far from Cincy for the Bengals, and I didn't get OSU football tickets, so I'd figure I'd go seem some 'other' sports. Hopefully I'm a hockey and soccer fan by the time I leave college.
I've yet to make it to a Miami (of ohio) university ice hockey game even if I go to the school, but I've heard they're very good.

Natrlhi
08-03-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm going to see them this Saturday night in Chicago - absolutely stoked!

...so I guess you'd better listen to The Ichthyologist pretty damn soon, no?!? ;)

I might try to go to this show - I do want to see both Overmars and Battlefields soon...both good bands. Battlfields' new album is really, really good.

EDIT: Suck it mankvill I've got a metal two weeks.
Still, nobody gets to see more shows than this lucky bastard. He must be blowing the security guys or something.

DethMaiden
08-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I might try to go to this show - I do want to see both Overmars and Battlefields soon...both good bands. Battlfields' new album is really, really good.

You need to go, if only to experience the Dayton Dirt Collective. Such an awesome little venue.

ChildrenofSodom
08-03-2009, 12:41 PM
You need to go, if only to experience the Dayton Dirt Collective. Such an awesome little venue.

And to hang out with us Dayton metalsetlisters. :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Updated:

9/24- Clutch - Columbus, OH (this is a maybe, my second day of classes at OSU, we'll see)
10/1 - Mike Birbiglia - Columbus, OH
10/20 - Mastodon/Dethklok/High on Fire/Converge - Columbus, OH
10/28 - Queensryche - Columbus, OH

Spiral_Slave
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
09/15 - MOTORHEAD

10/06 - CLUTCH

11/7 - MASTODON

11/14 - FLORIDA POWER FEST w/ CIRCLE II CIRCLE and THEOCRACY

mankvill
08-03-2009, 01:33 PM
10/12 - Dethklok, Mastodon, High on Fire :party:

IrritatedTrout
08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I think I finally got my shows sorted out for the fall semester.

Schedules shaping up to be:

August 12 - Marduk (I hope:eyes:)
August 22 - Judas Priest
August 23 - Heaven and Hell

September 8 - Motorhead
September 11 - Edguy

October 17 - Metallica
October 18 - Saint Vitus
October 31 - Mastodon (As long as my buddy goes this is a definite, if he bails I might pass depending on the setlist)

I saw that Primal Fear said they are planning another US tour so I think I'll wait till they come around again. I'd like to see em in September but they're playing on one of the worst possible days for me.

mankvill
08-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Sept. 4 - blink-182
Sept. 28 - Motorhead w/ Rev. Horton Heat, Nashville Pussy
Sept. 29 - Dragonforce w/ Sonata Arctica, Taking Dawn
Oct. 1 - Clutch w/ Wino
Oct. 10 - Kylesa w/ Doomriders, Bison B.C., Red Fang
Oct. 12 - Dethklok w/ Mastodon, High on Fire, Converge
Oct. 24 - Moonspell w/ Samael, Book of Black Earth, Secrets of the Moon
Oct. 25 - Ben Folds
Oct. 30 - Hammerlord w/ Troglodyte

Just until the end of October. :3

MunicipalWasted
08-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Sept. 4 - blink-182
Oct. 1 - Clutch w/ Wino
Oct. 10 - Kylesa w/ Doomriders, Bison B.C., Red Fang
Oct. 12 - Dethklok w/ Mastodon, High on Fire, Converge
Oct. 24 - Moonspell w/ Samael, Book of Black Earth, Secrets of the Moon
Oct. 30 - Hammerlord w/ Troglodyte

Just until the end of October. :3

I hoping to make these shows in October...im going to ROH in Illionois which doesent help me out. Definetly Mastodon though.

mankvill
08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I hoping to make these shows in October...im going to ROH in Illionois which doesent help me out. Definetly Mastodon though.

Tell me if you hear anything about the Hammerlord/Trog show and if it's all ages.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Got Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse and Trivium tomorrow, very excited for that one :horns:

Then I got Dream Theater on my list, as well as DevilDriver two days after. I'll be documenting them all, and hopefully the apartment I'm staying at gets Wi-Fi, cause I'll be bringin my laptop with me.

Maiden33
08-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Dream Theater show #2 tonight in Asbury Park. Bitches better play Solitary Shell and One last Time.

IrritatedTrout
08-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Just found out Alice Cooper is coming to Richmond September 29! :party: I've been wanting to see him for quite awhile now.

makethemsuffer12
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Mayhem Fest tomorrow.

MunicipalWasted
08-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Tell me if you hear anything about the Hammerlord/Trog show and if it's all ages.

Have you heard yet? I can have my friend talk to JP about it.

Sinfulsot
08-08-2009, 07:03 AM
these are shows i've taken note of, but am likely to limit myself, partially due to financial restrictions, but for its own sake, community feedback, if any:

8/8 - Sevendust (most likely not)
8/9 - Hammers of Misfortune
9/6 - Doro (CT) OR Motorhead (MA) - leaning toward Doro atm
9/12 - Primal Fear
9/13 - Stryper
9/21 - Stratovarius
10/17 - Misfits
10/25 - Satyricon (Manhat) OR Mastodon (Albany) - actually leaning toward Mastodon since it would likely be a group vs solo thing

ravenheart
08-08-2009, 07:24 AM
9/6 - Doro (CT) OR Motorhead (MA)

This isn't a choice.

Sinfulsot
08-08-2009, 07:38 AM
9/6 - Doro (CT) OR Motorhead (MA)
This isn't a choice.

I learned of Doro first, then Motorhead. Motorhead is at a Boston venue and going to Boston is often not worth the trouble, where the commute almost always destroys whatever good time buzz I caught from the show.

The Doro gig might feature some chicks that i'd likely ogle ala Aqualung.

Maiden33
08-08-2009, 10:06 AM
9/12 - Primal Fear

Go to this. It's going to be awesome. They mentioned in a recent statement that they'll be filming some stuff for a DVD, including this show. I'll be there.

es156
08-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Dream Theater 8/23/09.

Checked to see what tickets were available this morning and hit 8th row, dead center, on the aisle. Sweet!

JuuKun
08-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Sinfulsot, go to the Doro show, I'll be there too :party:

Shit, I would love to go to Primal Fear in NYC, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Maybe, but it's not too likely. Got to see them for New Religion, though, so, atleast I've already seen them. They're awesome live, if anyone has the chance, you have to be there.

-

8/29 - New England Deathfest 2009, Day One (Quo Vadis!!)
9/06 - Doro
9/19 - Children of Bodom
9/21 - Stratovarius/Pagan's Mind
9/29 - Destroyer 666
10/16 - God Dethroned
10/18 - Moonspell
10/23 - Satyricon (?)
11/05 - Vader

IrritatedTrout
08-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Shit, I would love to go to Primal Fear in NYC, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Maybe, but it's not too likely. Got to see them for New Religion, though, so, atleast I've already seen them. They're awesome live, if anyone has the chance, you have to be there.

Damnit, everytime I check the Jaxx calender that show keeps calling my name. I may end up going. The only problem is the driving.

I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to DC on the 8th for Motorhead and then drive back after the show for class the next day. Primal Fear is on the 9th just outside of DC. So I eith have to drive to DC and back and then there and back the very next day or just stay in the city overnight and miss Wednesday classes. I may see what I'm doing that day in class and just skip em if it's nothing too important.

JuuKun
08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Damnit, everytime I check the Jaxx calender that show keeps calling my name. I may end up going. The only problem is the driving.

I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to DC on the 8th for Motorhead and then drive back after the show for class the next day. Primal Fear is on the 9th just outside of DC. So I eith have to drive to DC and back and then there and back the very next day or just stay in the city overnight and miss Wednesday classes. I may see what I'm doing that day in class and just skip em if it's nothing too important.

It's worth it, whether it be the driving back and forth or the missing classes. They're very, very good live. If I wasn't focusing so much on spending a weekend in NYC in October for God Dethroned & Moonspell, I'd get down to the NY show without a second thought, but there's too many other things going on I probably wouldn't be able to work it out. They're so worth it though.

mankvill
08-10-2009, 03:14 PM
October 18 - ChthoniC

It's in Wichita, though. :(

Indestructible
08-10-2009, 03:31 PM
September stemm/his namy was yesterday

18th in rochester might go there if i cant get into the show on the 19th.

oct - AC/DC-hsbc arena floor seats section five;)

Nov 10-METALLICA(open with creeping death)/LAMB OF GOD

IrritatedTrout
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125109

Hell yeah! Panzer Division MARDUUUK!:rocker:

Tomorrow will be brutal.

mankvill
08-11-2009, 06:58 PM
9/29 - Destroyer 666

:finger2:

mankvill
08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Oct. 25 - Ben Folds

Oct. 26 - Ben Folds

In Lawrence. :party:

Fuck yes, now instead of driving three hours, I can walk there!

mastodon421
08-12-2009, 07:49 AM
A lot of maybes have just been added for me.

10/9 Five Finger Death Punch/Shadows Fall
10/27 Dethklok/Mastodon/Converge/High On Fire
10/31 GWAR/Job For A Cowboy/The Red Chord

I dont know how many have these i am going to go but i am intrigued by all of them.

JuuKun
08-12-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125109

Hell yeah! Panzer Division MARDUUUK!:rocker:

Tomorrow will be brutal.

Awesome to hear that they've FINALLY gotten back on US soil. There's supposed to be a full tour in the works, and I can't make it to the NYC date anyways, so I'll wait for that. But have a blast, dude.

Sinfulsot
08-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Go to this. It's going to be awesome. They mentioned in a recent statement that they'll be filming some stuff for a DVD, including this show. I'll be there.

I am considering it, but you will be as close to the stage as you can get, and i will be, let's just say, nowhere near there.

Sinfulsot
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Sinfulsot, go to the Doro show, I'll be there too :party:

we've been at the same venue a few times now. i have to be careful with the next thing i type, i don't want to creep anyone out, 'specially self.

mankvill
08-15-2009, 10:33 AM
OCTOBER GOD DAMN!

10/01 - Clutch w/ Wino, Revolution Mother
10/06 - STS9
10/10 - Kylesa w/ Saviours, Bison B.C., Red Fang
10/12 - Dethklok w/ Mastodon, High On Fire, Converge
10/13 - mc chris w/ Whole Wheat Bread, I Fight Dragons
10/18 - ChthoniC w/ Sanctus Infernum, Typhon
10/24 - Moonspell w/ Samael, Book of Black Earth, Secrets of The Moon
10/25 - Ben Folds
10/26 - Ben Folds

DAMN

Akumu
08-15-2009, 07:32 PM
What album should I get if I want to try out Doro's stuff? I wasn't planning on that show at first, but then I realized that it's the night before Labor Day, it's in-state, and tickets are cheap, so it probably can't hurt...

So far, my list's looking like:
9/8 - Edguy (hopefully :eyes:)
10/12 - Sonata Arctica
1/30 - Epica/Blackguard (already have tickets :party:)

ravenheart
08-16-2009, 02:41 AM
so it probably can't hurt...

Famous last words.

TonyD
08-16-2009, 03:00 AM
OCTOBER GOD DAMN!

10/01 - Clutch w/ Wino, Revolution Mother
10/10 - Kylesa w/ Saviours, Bison B.C., Red Fang
10/12 - Dethklok w/ Mastodon, High On Fire, Converge

herp derp FUCK YOU

ravenheart
08-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Wino needs to tour Europe :(

mankvill
08-16-2009, 09:32 AM
herp derp FUCK YOU

dude u forgot dergenferce :shred:

mankvill
08-19-2009, 08:50 PM
12/11 - Marduk w/ Nachtmystium, Mantic Ritual

21+...

FUCK

ChildrenofSodom
08-19-2009, 09:11 PM
10/20 - Mastodon/Dethklok/High on Fire/Converge - Columbus, OH (maybe)
10/25 - Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust - Columbus, OH
10/28 - Queensryche - Columbus, OH (maybe)
11/27 – Dallas Mavericks at Indiana Pacers – Indianapolis, IN

Sinfulsot
08-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Update on the shows I am considering...

9/6 - Doro @ CT vs Motorhead @ Boston - a highly probably not given some family plans in the werks

9/12 - Primal Fear @ NYC
9/21 - Lamb of God @ RI vs Gojira @ Brooklyn - Highly leaning toward Gojira; AND i might as well take a vay-cay day following because i deserve it ;P
9/27 - Kittie @ NYC

10/17 - Misfits @ MA
10/25 - Satyricon @ NYC (solo) vs Dethklok/Mastodon @ Albany, NY (group)
10/31 - Gwar @ MA

11/14 - Lacuna Coil supporting ATR @ CT

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-21-2009, 08:19 AM
1/6/10 - Megadeth @ NY

It's not true man, it was a lie :(

Sinfulsot
08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
1/6/10 - Megadeth @ NY

It's not true man, it was a lie :(

That's right, I forgot. i hope the real one works out better for me. but i think i might vay-cay a couple of days as well as possibly see more than one set.

Natrlhi
08-21-2009, 11:28 AM

I just took a closer look at my schedule and realized I can't go to this show. My wife is working tomorrow night, and I have to play Mr. Mom. Crap balls. Looks like the DDC will have to wait for a while longer...

10/20 - Mastodon/Dethklok/High on Fire/Converge - Columbus, OH
Thinking about seeing this tour (the only reason I might pass is that I've seen every band except Dethklok at least once before). I might go to the Detroit show, though. I hear the Fillmore is a cool old venue, and plus there are casinos nearby. :D
(those reasons, and the drive to Detroit is just a bit shorter for me than Columbus would be - but I haven't made up my mind for sure yet...)

ChildrenofSodom
08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Thinking about seeing this tour (the only reason I might pass is that I've seen every band except Dethklok at least once before). I might go to the Detroit show, though. I hear the Fillmore is a cool old venue, and plus there are casinos nearby. :D
(those reasons, and the drive to Detroit is just a bit shorter for me than Columbus would be - but I haven't made up my mind for sure yet...)

Thats too bad about the DDC show. But hey man, if you do decide against Detroit, you always have a friend in C-Bus.

Natrlhi
08-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Right on, bro.

10/25 - Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust - Columbus, OH

...and here's another one. I'm thinking about seeing this tour as well, but it's a no brainer for me to see it on November 6 at Peabody's if I do. Oh well, my trip to C-bus last January for Clutch will definitely not be my last. :D

Natrlhi
08-21-2009, 12:21 PM
So here's some stuff that's either upcoming in or around where I live, or that I'd consider making a road trip for:

Sep. 18-19, ‘09-----Planet Caravan Festival - (Asheville, NC) Clutch, Burst, Kylesa, Bison B.C., Tombs, Zoroaster, Gates of Slumber, YOB, Orange Goblin…
10/8/09------------Burst (final tour before breaking up!!!), w/ Zoroaster - Blondie’s (Detroit, MI)
10/14/09-----------Kylesa / Saviours / Red Fang / Lionize - Grog Shop
10/15/09-----------Metallica / Lamb of God / Gojira - Quicken Loans Arena
10/19/09-----------Converge / High on Fire / Keelhaul - Grog Shop
10/21/09-----------Mastodon / Dethklok / Converge / High on Fire - The Fillmore (Detroit, MI)
11/6/09------------Black Dahlia Murder / Skeletonwitch / Toxic Holocaust / Trap Them - Peabody’s
Oct. / Nov. ’09-----Red Sparowes (guests TBA) U.S. mini-tour to promote Aphorisms 12” and new DVD
TBD 2010----------Red Sparowes (guests TBA) Full U.S. tour in support of their upcoming album

ChildrenofSodom
08-21-2009, 06:26 PM
If Red Sparowes comes close, I am there like Cher.

PowerMaiden
08-21-2009, 06:31 PM
05-sept-09 Centre Bell de Montréal The Killers Day & Age
20-sept-09 Centre Bell de Montréal Metallica Death Magnetic
23-sept-09 Métropolis de Montréal Children Of Bodom Blooddrunk The Black Dahlia Murder Skeleton Witch

also a premium Maiden tribute band (the same band that plays with Paul DiAnno when he play here in the province of Québec: Powerslaves , they are now known as: Made In Iron,

... anyway the band recreate the Live After Death show on Nov 7 th , they fill up the medley with that show; 1000 to 1500 rabid Maiden fans will be there, should be a dandy

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden
08-22-2009, 08:05 AM
8/22- Overmars/Battlefields
9/26- The Gates of Slumber (oh god please I hope I can work this out)
10/25- Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust

Looks like that's about it for now. Not as replete as I thought it would be, actually.

Natrlhi
08-24-2009, 09:24 AM
If Red Sparowes comes close, I am there like Cher.

No doubt. Just please don't dress like Cher, or I don't know you - mmmkay? :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
08-24-2009, 09:59 AM
No doubt. Just please don't dress like Cher, or I don't know you - mmmkay? :eyes:

It won't be hard to find each other. :D

Natrlhi
08-24-2009, 10:09 AM
It won't be hard to find each other. :D

ChildrenofSodom
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
October 6 - Miley Cyrus - Columbus, Ohio

IrritatedTrout
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
:rocker::blaze::rockdevil:shred:

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 06:15 AM

Get the fuck out. No, seriously. Get the fuck out.

ChildrenofSodom
08-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Get the fuck out. No, seriously. Get the fuck out.

Hey man, Party in the USA

Indestructible
08-26-2009, 07:22 AM

Does she do it with the fans after the show?

Dont worry me and miley are the same age.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Does she do it with the fans after the show?

Dont worry me and miley are the same age.

I don't think anyone was worrying.

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 08:29 AM
I don't think anyone was worrying.

mankvill
08-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Just ordered a ticket to the Motorhead show.

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Just ordered a ticket to the Motorhead show.

Nice. And fuck you. ;)

Ever see 'em? My last time was many years ago, but they were the loudest band I had ever seen at the time. I could barely tell what they were playing. Have a blast - Motorhead is always a fun show (even if you do have to wait through Nashville Pussy and Reverend Horton Heat to see them!).

Nat :horns:

SomewhereInTime72
08-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Adrian Belew, this friday, B.B.Kings. :cool:

mankvill
08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Never seen 'em! I'm hoping someone will eventually put up a setlist before I go, because I'd rather just rock out and have a good time there instead of worrying about the set. And then the next night is Dragonforce, so I'm pretty excited for the end of September. :party:

ravenheart
08-27-2009, 12:35 AM
I've seen Motorhead so many times I'm skipping their show 25 minutes from my home to go see Dio in London instead.

Incidentally, for those of you going to a Motorhead show, Mikkey Dee will be missing for most of them. He's playing Minneapolis and Vegas only, due to a prior commitment to film the Swedish version of the reality TV show 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here'. Matt Sorum will be replacing him.

mankvill
08-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I've seen Motorhead so many times I'm skipping their show 25 minutes from my home to go see Dio in London instead.

Incidentally, for those of you going to a Motorhead show, Mikkey Dee will be missing for most of them. He's playing Minneapolis and Vegas only, due to a prior commitment to film the Swedish version of the reality TV show 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here'. Matt Sorum will be replacing him.

I'd go see Dio instead too!

IrritatedTrout
08-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Damnit. I knew he would miss most of the dates but I was hoping we'd get a better replacement. Oh, and Dio needs to tour the US after he's done with Europe.:D

Sinfulsot
08-28-2009, 08:22 PM
...Oh, and Dio needs to tour the US after he's done with Europe.:D

You got that right.

I got Alice Cooper in about a month. then i have to figure out what i am doing after that. and as well in advance as possible, as is my preference.

mankvill
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I suppose all of October could be classified as another "journey" for me. :lol:

10/01 - Clutch/Wino
10/10 - Kylesa/Saviours
10/12 - Dethklok/Mastodon
10/13 - mc chris/Whole Wheat Bread
10/14 - Bane
10/18 - ChthoniC
10/22 - Deicide/Jungle Rot
10/23 - The Queers
10/24 - Moonspell/Secrets of the Moon
10/26 - Ben Folds

MunicipalWasted
08-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I suppose all of October could be classified as another "journey" for me. :lol:

10/01 - Clutch/Wino
10/10 - Kylesa/Saviours
10/12 - Dethklok/Mastodon
10/13 - mc chris/Whole Wheat Bread
10/14 - Bane
10/18 - ChthoniC
10/22 - Deicide/Jungle Rot
10/23 - The Queers
10/24 - Moonspell/Secrets of the Moon
10/26 - Ben Folds

Bane kicked ass at 10 for $10 ... didn't even relise they were coming back, might try to make that.

Spiral_Slave
08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
09/15 - Motorhead
10/06 - Clutch
10/14 - Moonspell
10/30 - Skeletonwitch/Toxic Holocaust
11/07 - Mastodon
11/11 - Ensiferum/Hypocrisy/Blackguard
11/14 - Eluveitie/Alestorm

JuuKun
08-29-2009, 08:06 AM
New England Deathfest tonight! Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, and a bunch of bands I don't care about. :party:

QUO VADIS!!

mankvill
08-29-2009, 10:24 AM
New England Deathfest tonight! Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, and a bunch of bands I don't care about. :party:

QUO VADIS!!

:rocker::rocker:

mankvill
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm seeing Peelander-Z now instead of Clutch.

DethMaiden
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm seeing Peelander-Z now instead of Clutch.

I don't know who Peelander-Z is but this is the wrong decision.

mankvill
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM

NO YOU ARE THE WRONG DECISION

Natrlhi
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM

This.

MunicipalWasted
09-01-2009, 07:55 PM
9/24- Motorhead
10/10- Kylesa
10/12- Mastodon

Gonna be pretty sick

DethMaiden
09-04-2009, 06:22 AM
HOLY SHIT THE INDIANAPOLIS GATES OF SLUMBER CD RELEASE SHOW JUST ADDED LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR TO THE LINEUP!!!!

The Gates of Slumber
Lair of the Minotaur
Bulletwolf
Sleep Bringer
$10

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Natrlhi
09-04-2009, 07:36 AM
HOLY SHIT THE INDIANAPOLIS GATES OF SLUMBER CD RELEASE SHOW JUST ADDED LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR TO THE LINEUP!!!!

The Gates of Slumber
Lair of the Minotaur
Bulletwolf
Sleep Bringer
$10

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

LotM is a fun band to watch live. They enjoy what they do a great deal, and it shows. That makes the whole experience a blast.

:party::rocker::party:

Fires Of Sedition
09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
If my fat ass boss gives me the days off, I'm going to:

September 25: Gwar, Job For A Cowboy, Lamb Of God
October 5: Dirge Within, Darkest Hour, White Chapel, Trivium
November 9: The Red Chord, Job For A Cowboy, Gwar
November 14: Dethklok
December 5: Augury, Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky, The Amenta, Decrepit Birth, Vader
February 12: Dreaming Dead, Abigail Williams, Krisiun, Immolation, Nile.

JuuKun
09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Ended up giving up Doro tonight - didn't want to, but I don't have the money. As much as I love Pagan's Mind, can't make the Strato/PM date here, either...damn it...

09/19 - Children of Bodom
09/29 - Destroyer 666
10/09 - DragonForce/Sonata Arctica (Maybe)
10/15 - God Dethroned
10/17 - Rock & Shock Day II: Type O Negatve/Misfits/Saint Vitus/God Dethroned
10/18 - Moonspell
10/23 - Satyricon (Maybe)
11/03 - Heathenfest USA
11/05 - Vader
11/20 - Marduk
12/04 - Ensiferum
01/16 - Nile
01/30 - Epica

Originally I was going to spend the weekend in New York, and see God Dethroned there on the 16th and then Moonspell on the 18th. Plans changed, and I'm only going to be in NYC on the 18th for Moonspell. So I can see St. Vitus/Misfits/Type O on Saturday (with God Dethroned!), but because I feel that I finally need to see them headline, I'll be seeing them in Hartford that week as well.

MunicipalWasted
09-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Check my sig

It's sadly, the most metal journey I've ever had.

SomewhereInTime72
09-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Stratovarius in NYC, 9/16. Only show in the next month I can say I will attend with confidence.

Maiden33
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Stratovarius in NYC, 9/16. Only show in the next month I can say I will attend with confidence.

Have fun. I might make the Baltimore show but it's not looking great. I want to see Pagans Mind sooo fucking badly.

SomewhereInTime72
09-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Have fun. I might make the Baltimore show but it's not looking great. I want to see Pagans Mind sooo fucking badly.

Aside from the fact that I have late classes on Thursdays, Pagan's Mind is one of the reasons I really want to see this show. There's a lot of good bands coming this time around, but this is the only show that has two great bands in one night.

Well, that and Porcupine Tree/King's X, but... it's just highly unlikely I'll be able to make that, so I'm kind of pretending it doesn't exist unless some miracle should happen and I'm able to attend. :(

mankvill
09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
11/22 - Hatebreed w/ Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal

Third time seeing Cannibal Corpse...this year. :D
Also third time seeing Hate Eternal!
and third time seeing unearth :barf:

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 02:02 PM
11/22 - Hatebreed w/ Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal

Third time seeing Cannibal Corpse...this year. :D
Also third time seeing Hate Eternal!
and third time seeing unearth :barf:

I actually like Unearth a bit. True, they are a bit -core, but then so are Hatebreed, and Unearth does have some pretty cool riffs that I can really get into ("Giles" is pretty good). I've listened to it on my mp3 player while working out a few times, and it's pretty damn motivating stuff (though I like Pig Destroyer better - but usually I hurt myself when I listen to PD while I work out...:D).

Now, Born of Osiris - that's some gawd awful shite. I'd rather listen to Unearth than that crap any day. I've seen BoO live (Summer Slaughter '09) - and I know from whence I speak.

TonyD
09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
^ since we can't seem to disagree about anything, I saw them on Ozzfest and they were probably the best core band I'd ever seen.

mastodon421
09-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I love Unearth. They are a metalcore band but their is a definite thrash/death influence on their music. They have some killer riffs and i am really into their music. I am very excited to hopefully see them live with 3 other great bands in Hatebreed,Cannibal Corpse and Hate Eternal.

mastodon421
09-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Here is my upcoming schedule of shows

For Sure
10/3 In Flames/Between The Buried and Me/3 Inches Of Blood/The Faceless
[buying my ticket tommorow]
Most Likely
12/19 Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth/Hate Eternal

Maybe
10/8 Five Finger Death Punch/Shadows Fall
10/27 Dethklok/Mastodon/Converge/High On Fire
10/31 GWAR/JFAC/The Red Chord
11/5 Vader
11/7 All That Remains/Lacuna Coil

mankvill
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I actually like Unearth a bit. True, they are a bit -core, but then so are Hatebreed, and Unearth does have some pretty cool riffs that I can really get into ("Giles" is pretty good). I've listened to it on my mp3 player while working out a few times, and it's pretty damn motivating stuff (though I like Pig Destroyer better - but usually I hurt myself when I listen to PD while I work out...:D).

Now, Born of Osiris - that's some gawd awful shite. I'd rather listen to Unearth than that crap any day. I've seen BoO live (Summer Slaughter '09) - and I know from whence I speak.

I like the "hard"core much, much more than the "metal"core, so I'll probably stick around for Hatebreed a little bit. At least until they do Ghosts of War. ;)

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I like the "hard"core much, much more than the "metal"core
Well, yeah. I hear ya on that one all day long. I just wouldn't have put the pukey guy out there for Unearth. He belongs there for Osiris, tho. ;)

DethMaiden
09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Might be taking a bus to Louisville to see 3 Inches of Blood and Between the Buried and Me! (and in flames and the faceless :barf: )

Sinfulsot
09-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Contemplating the following:

9/21 - Lamb of God @ Providence VS Gojira @ Brooklyn
10/3 - Kiss @ Mohegan Sun
10/10 - Five Finger Death Punch @ Hartford
10/17 - Misfits/Type O @ Worcester
10/23 - Satyricon @ Worcester
10/25 - Mastodon @ Albany VS 10/27 - Mastodon @ Boston
11/8 - Trivium/Chimaira @ Hartford
11/14 - Lacuna Coil/ATR @ Hartford
12/4 - Ensiferum @ Worcester
12/19 - Hatebreed @ Worcester
1/30/10 - Epica @ Worcester

Natrlhi
09-10-2009, 06:03 AM
Contemplating the following:

9/21 - Lamb of God @ Providence VS Gojira @ Brooklyn
10/3 - Kiss @ Mohegan Sun
10/10 - Five Finger Death Punch @ Hartford
10/17 - Misfits/Type O @ Worcester
10/23 - Satyricon @ Worcester
10/25 - Mastodon @ Albany VS 10/27 - Mastodon @ Boston
11/8 - Trivium/Chimaira @ Hartford
11/14 - Lacuna Coil/ATR @ Hartford
12/4 - Ensiferum @ Worcester
12/19 - Hatebreed @ Worcester
1/30/10 - Epica @ Worcester
You suck for being so close to both Worcester and NYC - two great locations for shows. I'm so jealous. :mad: ;)

gabo03
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Sept 12 - Mezcal Metal Fest Monterrey version - Testament, Voivod, Grave Digger, Sacred Reich, Alkatraz, Deicide and alot of national and local bands.

Deicide is gonna play at 2pm because they are gonna play the same day in Guadalajara in the night, weird...

MunicipalWasted
09-11-2009, 09:02 PM
as in my sig, my friend can drive in October so we'll probably hit up quite a bit.

Not in my sig:

11/22- Hatebreed/CC
12/3- Trivium

Sinfulsot
09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
You suck for being so close to both Worcester and NYC - two great locations for shows. I'm so jealous. :mad: ;)

:D

i'm 3 hours away from NYC. what really helps is that my parents are still in brooklyn (where i grew up), and if i need to crash, i'm all set.

Worcester is good, but i hate the venue. but it's the one all the bands go to, so if i want to see something particular, i know where to go. got parking down to a science as well.

mankvill
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Megadeth - Dec. 5

I'm just gonna have to buy tickets from the venue to alleviate some of the ticketmaster rape.

IrritatedTrout
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
October 13 - KISS, I'm going to this one because my buds want me to and I've heard the shows are quite fun.
November 21 - Megadeth :rocker:

xStructualDefect
09-16-2009, 03:52 AM
10/1 - trivium / darkest hour
10/10 - bodom / black dahlia (probably most anticipated show of the year)
10/24 - smokeout fest: slipknot / deftones / sublime / many others
11/21 - hatebreed / trivium tour mashup
11/28 - eluveitie

shows imma have to miss
9/18 - dragonforce / sonata - df's fanbase iritates me now and i'm doubting sonta will paly a good setlist, plus money issues
9/22 - in flames - class that night, but they'll most likely have a lame setlist anyways
9/30 - soulfly - day before trivium plus money issues, would love to see this band one day though
10/7 - stratovarius - love this band but money issues, saw them in '06 though
11/18 - ensiferum - class that night, seen them 3x already though

JuuKun
09-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Worcester is good, but i hate the venue. but it's the one all the bands go to, so if i want to see something particular, i know where to go.

Haha. Exactly. I wish Lupo's in Providence got more metal shows - almost the same setup as the Palladium, but I think one of the best-sounding shows I've ever been to was when Opeth played there a few years ago.

Hell, even the small upstairs stage generally has a better sound than the downstairs one at the Palladium - better atmosphere, too.

mastodon421
09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I actually like The Palladium quite a bit. The sound can get bad some times but most of the time its fine. I really like the way its set up though. I have never been to Lupos but i would like to at some point in time.

Sinfulsot
09-17-2009, 03:09 AM
one thing i've noticved about the palladium: when the band brings sound equipment dedicated to the singer, then the sound is good, or rather complete. it's when they don't that i get a little frustrated.

Lupo's definitely has a good sound. even a better layout than Palladium

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 07:04 AM
9/26- The Gates of Slumber/Lair of the Minotaur
9/30- Between the Buried and Me/3 Inches of Blood

And hopefully one of these:
11/24- Baroness
11/24- Rob Zombie
11/24- Blind Pilot

EDIT: DEFINITELY one of those. I'm not going to have three shows I want to see on the same night within driving distance on my birthday while I'm home from school and not see any. That would be the equivalent of suicide considering how few shows I get the chance to see now.

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 07:24 AM
9/26- The Gates of Slumber/Lair of the Minotaur
LotM = funfunfun

Ever see 'em?

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 07:28 AM
LotM = funfunfun

Ever see 'em?

This will be my first time. I really love their albums though, so I expect them to really bring the metal live. :rocker:

Natrlhi
09-17-2009, 07:57 AM
This will be my first time. I really love their albums though, so I expect them to really bring the metal live. :rocker:
They're fun. It's like they know their lyrics and stuff are a bit cheesy, but they just don't care. They love metal, and they love to play metal, and they just have a blast and it's great to watch them do it. The video for the title track from War Metal Battle Master says it all - blood-drenched naked babes eating dismembered bodies...just pure fun! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7SonqCNzI