PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Natrlhi
08-03-2011, 08:31 PM
:confused::lol: I think what he's getting at is that there are reviews of the shows he goes to on the site that he runs. However, I'm not sure if he writes reviews for every single show he attends or not.

larvtard
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
:lol: I think what he's getting at is that there are reviews of the shows he goes to on the site that he runs. However, I'm not sure if he writes reviews for every single show he attends or not.

Ah. Well, in that case, he could post a link...

brutal_descent
08-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Exhumed tomorrow night! :rockdevil

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Ah. Well, in that case, he could post a link...

Yeah, I should do something radical like put the link in my signature or something. Or post regular updates on Facebook or BlogSpot.

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER?!

larvtard
08-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I should do something radical like put the link in my signature or something. Or post regular updates on Facebook or BlogSpot.

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS SOONER?!

:tp: I mean the link to the actual review. If you want people to read your review, you cant expect them to know that it's in one of the links in your sig.

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 07:04 AM
:tp: I mean the link to the actual review. If you want people to read your review, you cant expect them to know that it's in one of the links in your sig.

That's what I mean by laziness. The site is there, it's always been there, and most people know what it is and to look there for my stuff.

Which is why there are no threads by me in the reviews forum, etc. Every review is linked on the Facebook profile, which most regulars here are friends with, so I see no reason to duplicate effort just because people can't be bothered to look.

If you want to follow what gets posted, friend/like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, follow on BlogSpot if you have a Google account, or get the RSS feed from BlogSpot. The facilities to keep up are all there if you want to use them.

Besides which, I think we all know how annoying whoring your website in every post you make can be... :eyes:

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Win! Turns out the obligatory "shitty local opener" for tonight's Solstice/Slough Feg show are actually decent! The Dead Resurrected. Some nice, traditional doom :D

TonyD
08-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Swapped a friday for saturday shift at work so I can see Torche/Big Business. I feel like the only other shows I've seen this year were Queens back in April and SOAD in May, which I showed up late to because of my last fucking job. So I'm stoked.

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Swapped a friday for saturday shift at work so I can see Torche/Big Business.Don't forget the mighty Helms Alee. They are fucking badass as well.

...and fuck you very much for being able to go to that show, by the way. I couldn't make the date in my area. :bouville:

TonyD
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Helms Alee is leaving right around today, Thrones is opening the rest of your dates. And I just got your message, I have another friend in town coincidentally on the same days you're gonna be here, but I'll see what I can do. Here's (http://www.foopee.com/punk/the-list/by-date.2.html) a schedule of shows that week, notably Pentagram and Pelican Tuesday, Diamond Head Wednesday and Wooden Shjips Thursday all in SF.

Also, I'm seeing Kylesa is booked in SF on Sept. 14, I could've swore I saw something that said they weren't touring again til 2012

GarageMetal468
08-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Exhumed tomorrow night! :rockdevil

I say this to everyone whos seeing Exhumed for the first time, but youre going to have an awesome time.

idrinkwine732
08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
This will be my second time seeing Exhumed, and I'm pretty pumped.

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Helms Alee is leaving right around today, Thrones is opening the rest of your dates.So I just noticed. Sucks for you, too, then. I'd have loved to see Helms Alee.

And I just got your message, I have another friend in town coincidentally on the same days you're gonna be here, but I'll see what I can do.I'm gonna probably hit up that Pelican show on Tuesday, although I just got invited to a free dinner at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga (a bus trip thingy for the confernece I'm attending), and I hear it's nice. I've seen Pelican a bunch of times, and I'm not that familiar with Pentagram, but I might still make the call on the side of metal just because. Pelican fucking rocks live.

Here's (http://www.foopee.com/punk/the-list/by-date.2.html) a schedule of shows that weekThat's EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks a ton. I wish to hell we had something like this in Northeast Ohio.

Diamond Head WednesdayWine mentioned that show to me, but Slough Feg aren't really my thing, and neither is Diamond Head if I'm totally honest. Who knows, though. I might be just bored enough to head out that night, depending on when my flight outta dodge is scheduled.

Also, I'm seeing Kylesa is booked in SF on Sept. 14, I could've swore I saw something that said they weren't touring again til 2012Yeah, I was under the same impression. It looks like it might be an off-date for their gig at Musicfest NW 2011 (just a guess). Apparently they're also playing a gig in San Diego in November with Thrice and Moving Mountains...?

brutal_descent
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm getting guitar lessons from CC's guitarist before the show :D

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I always get a setlist.

OK, this needs a little clarifying... I always get a setlist... for the bands I actually watch... :eyes:

larvtard
08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm getting guitar lessons from CC's guitarist before the show :D

For the record, he means Cephalic Carnage, people.

jd091
08-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Unearth = near perfection live. Got a physical setlist, too. Review will be up tomorrow.

Disappointment of the night: Suicide Silence. Eh. Details will follow.

Surprise of the night: Red Fang. Very good live.

I also don't see where this "All Shall Perish sucks live" hate is coming from.

GarageMetal468
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
What details? Suicide Silence blows all around...

Unearth is sick live though. And All Shall Perish were awesome the first time I saw them 2 years ago, but at Summer Slaughter last year they bored me for some reason, and I liked them to begin with.

brutal_descent
08-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Exhumed was brutal! Fucking loved it.

Have a physical Exhumed setlist in my possession, signed by Brian from Cephalic Carnage and that crazy singer from Macabre.

Review/set up later, but I'll just let it slip that Impaled's singer and Mike from the original lineup joined them for their last song :fist:

ravenheart
08-05-2011, 03:28 AM
What details? Suicide Silence blows all around...

I would imagine they do... :eyes:

ravenheart
08-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Iron Maiden tonight. First time in 8 years.

GarageMetal468
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
FUCK YEAH going with people to see Amon Amarth August 24th!!!!!!!! :rocker::party::rocker::party::shred::shred:

DementedX14
08-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Going to Mayhem Today!:rocker:

jd091
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Nothing worth an official thread yet, but Trevor from Unearth told us last night that Unearth is 100% gonna do a fall/winter headlining tour this year. Stay tuned for more info.

TonyD
08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
So I just noticed. Sucks for you, too, then. I'd have loved to see Helms Alee.

I'm gonna probably hit up that Pelican show on Tuesday, although I just got invited to a free dinner at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga (a bus trip thingy for the confernece I'm attending), and I hear it's nice. I've seen Pelican a bunch of times, and I'm not that familiar with Pentagram, but I might still make the call on the side of metal just because. Pelican fucking rocks live.

That's EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks a ton. I wish to hell we had something like this in Northeast Ohio.

Wine mentioned that show to me, but Slough Feg aren't really my thing, and neither is Diamond Head if I'm totally honest. Who knows, though. I might be just bored enough to head out that night, depending on when my flight outta dodge is scheduled.

Yeah, I was under the same impression. It looks like it might be an off-date for their gig at Musicfest NW 2011 (just a guess). Apparently they're also playing a gig in San Diego in November with Thrice and Moving Mountains...?

The Mountain Winery is really nice, I don't know why they would bring you over there unless there was a show or something going on.

Also, here are the Kylesa dates that just got released:
September
02 West Hollywood CA @ Troubadour w/Intronaut :rocker:
08 Portland OR MFNW @ Dantes w/Black Cobra, Witch Mountain
09 Seattle WA @ Highline w/Black Cobra
10 Bellingham WA @ Shakedown
12 Vancouver BC @ Biltmore w/A Storm of Light
14 San Francisco CA @ Great American Music Hall

I'd really like to see them again but it's in the middle of the week in the city, so we'll see.

slapguitarer
08-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Yob/Dark Castle/Dispirit/Worm Ouroboros tomorrow! :rocker:

Solarian13
08-05-2011, 09:20 PM
DevilDriver w/ Skeletonwitch on Sept. 18th is the only one that I'm for sure attending so far, but the following ones are definite possibilities...

Aug. 8th - Amon Amarth
Aug. 29th - Godsmack (yeah, very out of place on this list, I know)
Oct. 6th - Enslaved w/ Ghost, Alcest
Oct. 9th - Katatonia headlining show
Oct. 10th or 11th - Opeth/Katatonia - will either be attending one of the Opeth shows or the Katatonia headlining show, or possibly both, but I'm not sure yet. These are all out of town so I'm still in the process of planning out a roadtrip (or two) with my fellow Opeth and Katatonia loving friends.
Dec. 3rd - Between the Buried and Me w/ Animals as Leaders, TesseracT

treghet
08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
DevilDriver w/ Skeletonwitch on Sept. 18th is the only one that I'm for sure attending so far, but the following ones are definite possibilities...

Aug. 8th - Amon Amarth
Aug. 29th - Godsmack (yeah, very out of place on this list, I know)
Oct. 6th - Enslaved w/ Ghost, Alcest
Oct. 9th - Katatonia headlining show
Oct. 10th or 11th - Opeth/Katatonia - will either be attending one of the Opeth shows or the Katatonia headlining show, or possibly both, but I'm not sure yet. These are all out of town so I'm still in the process of planning out a roadtrip (or two) with my fellow Opeth and Katatonia loving friends.
Dec. 3rd - Between the Buried and Me w/ Animals as Leaders, TesseracT

Bands play in Saskatchewan? :eek:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Just announced:

Soundgarden: Verizon Theater, Grand Prairie (DFW) TX. October 26th.

:party::rocker::party::rocker:

$80+ to see Soundgarden?!?!*

Um.....no thanks.

(*$69.50 before Ticketbastard fees.)

orlandodavis
08-05-2011, 10:10 PM
$80+ to see Soundgarden?!?!*

Um.....no thanks.

(*$69.50 before Ticketbastard fees.)

Don't forget the 15 bucks to park your car and 7 dollar beers.

TonyD
08-06-2011, 12:03 AM
But Mastodong is playing

Solarian13
08-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Bands play in Saskatchewan? :eek:
Yep, as hard as it is to believe, we actually get some decent shows once in a while in this province :lol:

Except Opeth, they had really good turnouts and crowd response the last couple times they played here but decided not to come this time for some reason, so I have to drive at least 500km (300 miles) to see them.

daimonos
08-06-2011, 02:15 PM
NECROPHAGIA in Kent, Ohio tonight!

jd091
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
NECROPHAGIA in Kent, Ohio tonight!

I live like, 10 minutes away from Kent... out of town, though, or I would head down.

jd091
08-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Four Year Strong and Title Fight are coming to Chicago in October! Fuck yeah! :punk:

EDIT: Gallows is gonna be there, too! Definitely hitting this up.

TonyD
08-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Torche/Big Business tonight. Might miss Thrones because my gf is driving so I can get shit faced, damn Slims for being nowhere near transportation.

slapguitarer
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
YOB/Dark Castle/Dispirit/Worm Ouroboros :party: :rocker: :party:

But I'm going with that Brutal faggot :bouville:

brutal_descent
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
YOB/Dark Castle/Dispirit/Worm Ouroboros :party: :rocker: :party:

But I'm going with that Brutal faggot :bouville:

:lovedup:

adamclark52
08-06-2011, 05:30 PM
ENSLAVED on Friday September 30th in Toronto. Hoping to see Napalm Death Friday October 7th in Toronto, got my ticket to see them the following Sunday in Ottawa.

ravenheart
08-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Well I was going to see Lizzy Borden on December 1, but now found out Premonition 13 are coming the same day. Sorry Lizzy.

DethMaiden
08-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Just bought all my fall tickets and did all my guestlist sorting, so I'm looking at a rest of 2011 (save for random local shows, praying for a Coffinworm gig in December) that looks like this:

Wolves in the Throne Room - 9/2
An Horse - 9/21
Evergrey - 9/23
Katatonia - 9/25
Opeth/Katatonia - 9/26
Enslaved/Ghost/Alcest - 10/2
Judas Priest/Thin Lizzy/BLS - 11/8

:rocker:

treghet
08-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Exhumed tonight, Paramore on Tuesday. :cool:

GarageMetal468
08-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm seeing a lot of people on here going to the Chicago Enslaved show... Metal setlist meet up there, perhaps?

jd091
08-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm seeing a lot of people on here going to the Chicago Enslaved show... Metal setlist meet up there, perhaps?

Fuck yeah! Just let me know. I am so fucking pumped for that show.

DethMaiden
08-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I'd be game to meet some more of y'all as well.

daimonos
08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Yup, me too.

jd091
08-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I'd be game to meet some more of y'all as well.

OH GREAT WISE BRAD

COME TO CHICAGO!

DethMaiden
08-07-2011, 04:29 PM
OH GREAT WISE BRAD

COME TO CHICAGO!

I have many times before, you just weren't there. ;)

In all likelihood I'll be there on a permanent basis after I graduate in May.

makethemsuffer12
08-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Next up is Journey, then the Big 4 in September. :D

ravenheart
08-07-2011, 05:03 PM
With the news that Premonition 13 are coming, the rest of the year looks like:

August
15 - Suicidal Tendencies
29 - Helstar
30 - Where Angels Suffer

September
23 - Onslaught
29 - Evile

October
01 - Redemption
09 - L.A. Guns
26 - Symphony X
29 - Alice Cooper

November
04 - Iced Earth
16 - Joanne Shaw Taylor
30 - Deep Purple

December
01 - Premonition 13
02 - Wednesday 13
03 - Cathedral + Grand Magus + Comus + Gentlemen's Pistols
08 - Bryan Adams
09 - Pentagram + Horisont

I fully expect more shows to be added, especially in October and November.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Golf Wang sold out so i'm gonna have to keep an eye out on Stub Hub. Fuck scalpers.

mankvill
08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Golf Wang sold out so i'm gonna have to keep an eye out on Stub Hub. Fuck scalpers.

bleurgh. I'll probably go get a ticket tomorrow.

slapguitarer
08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Bush, most likely

jd091
08-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Why do people call it Golf Wang; I'm so confused and out of touch with popular college hip-hop culture.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Why do people call it Golf Wang; I'm so confused and out of touch with popular college hip-hop culture.

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

Wolf Gang
^___^
switch letters.

In case you were wondering the group made it up, not the fans. You can hear it said in the chorus of Sandwitches and at the end of Transylvania. It's also on merch and album art.

mankvill
08-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

Wolf Gang
^___^
switch letters.

In case you were wondering the group made it up, not the fans. You can hear it said in the chorus of Sandwitches and at the end of Transylvania. It's also on merch and album art.

flog gnaw

jd091
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
flog gnaw

I like this the most :lol:

Yeah, I got that the letters were switched. Thanks for explaining the origin behind it.

brutal_descent
08-07-2011, 09:48 PM
August:
12 Eyehategod, Impaled, Brainoil
13 Muse, The Black Keys, Ok Go and more
14 Arcade Fire, The Decemeberists, John Fogerty and more
23 Fucked Up
28 Mooncake

September:
03 Deftones
09 Children of Bodom
10 Destruction
16 Helloween, Stratovarius (?)
17 Maybeshewill, Exxasens (?)
28 Napalm Death
30 Between The Buried And Me, Animals as Leaders

October:
01 Apocalyptica
07 Inquisition
14 Bowling for Soup
15 Skyforger
18 Hurts
19 Morcheeba (?)
22 Amorphis
27 In Flames
31 Melvins

November:
04 Alter Bridge, Black Stone Cherry (?)
06 Anathema
23 Atari Teenage Riot
29 Iced Earth

December:
14 Within Temptation

February:
11 Rammstein

jd091
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
August:
12 Eyehategod, Impaled, Brainoil
13 Muse, The Black Keys, Ok Go and more
14 Arcade Fire, The Decemeberists, John Fogerty and more
23 Fucked Up
28 Mooncake

September:
03 Deftones
09 Children of Bodom
10 Destruction
16 Helloween, Stratovarius (?)
17 Maybeshewill, Exxasens (?)
28 Napalm Death
30 Between The Buried And Me, Animals as Leaders

October:
01 Apocalyptica
07 Inquisition
14 Bowling for Soup
15 Skyforger
18 Hurts
19 Morcheeba (?)
22 Amorphis
27 In Flames
31 Melvins

November:
04 Alter Bridge, Black Stone Cherry (?)
06 Anathema
23 Atari Teenage Riot
29 Iced Earth

December:
14 Within Temptation

February:
11 Rammstein

die

Butcher of Birth
08-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Was able to secure a pit ticket for Mayhem at $40.

Other than that, not a lot coming to my area...

Shows I might be going to are:

The ones in my signature ;)

And...

Misfits
Mayhem (Keep of Kalessin, Hate, and Abigal Williams)
Buckethead
Firewind (Arsis, Nightrage, others)
Mr. Big
Erasure
Queensryche
John Oliver
Steve Wilson

Sadly not a lot coming...

brutal_descent
08-08-2011, 01:01 AM

And...

Misfits
Buckethead
Mr. Big
Erasure
Queensryche
John Oliver
Steve Wilson

Really? Erasure? :bricks:

jd091
08-08-2011, 05:49 AM
No shows now for almost 2 months. I don't know what I'm gonna do... :(

mankvill
08-08-2011, 09:35 AM

ALWAYS
I WANNA BE WITH YOU
AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU
AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OHHH LOOOOVE

GarageMetal468
08-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Heading out in 20 minutes to Summer Slaughter. If all goes as planned, I will show up late enough to miss Within the Ruins and catch Fleshgod Apocalypse! But I know a lot of people going so it should still be a fun time anyway

mastodon421
08-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance tommorow then Summer Slaughter on Friday. After that, I most likely going to see OFWGKTA on October 21st and Foo Fighters on November 16th. The only show I have a ticket to right now for the rest of the year is BTBAM/Dillinger/Animals As Leaders on October 30th.

Natrlhi
08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
The Mountain Winery is really nice, I don't know why they would bring you over there unless there was a show or something going on.You would think, but then again how would they know what kind of music people like? I could see if it was an orchestra performing or something artsy like that, but it doesn't look like there's anything scheduled that night. Lewis Black is supposedly doing a show the Friday afterward, though - too bad I won't be in town for that. ;)

Oh, and I checked and the fucking Giants are in Atlanta all that week. Shitballs. I've not been in any West Coast stadiums yet - any time I'm in that neck of the woods, the home teams are always out of town. The furthest west I've been is the "BOB" in Phoenix, which sucked. It was like watching a game in an airplane hangar - fuck that.

EDIT: I don't suppose the O.co Coliseum is anything special? The A's are playing the O's on Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

masterguy49
08-08-2011, 10:40 AM

And...

Misfits
Buckethead
Mr. Big
Erasure
Queensryche
John Oliver
Steve Wilson

All tampa/orlando dates?
None over by me? :tongue:

larvtard
08-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh, and I checked and the fucking Giants are in Atlanta all that week.

solution: come to Atlanta

Natrlhi
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM
solution: come to AtlantaAT&T Park is not in Atlanta, so...no. That was the whole point, really.

Plus, as an Indians fan, I'm not really sure I could set foot in Turner Field. Sixteen years is not long enough for those wounds to heal. ;)

EDIT: It'll happen, just not for baseball. ;)

EDIT2: I've been to Hotlanta a bunch o' times, I just haven't had occasion to stay in the area since I started posting on here regularly.

TonyD
08-08-2011, 02:41 PM
You would think, but then again how would they know what kind of music people like? I could see if it was an orchestra performing or something artsy like that, but it doesn't look like there's anything scheduled that night. Lewis Black is supposedly doing a show the Friday afterward, though - too bad I won't be in town for that. ;)

Oh, and I checked and the fucking Giants are in Atlanta all that week. Shitballs. I've not been in any West Coast stadiums yet - any time I'm in that neck of the woods, the home teams are always out of town. The furthest west I've been is the "BOB" in Phoenix, which sucked. It was like watching a game in an airplane hangar - fuck that.

EDIT: I don't suppose the O.co Coliseum is anything special? The A's are playing the O's on Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

Yeah if you've ever been to a shitty 60's/70's built concrete sports stadium, you've been to the Oakland Coliseum, or whatever they call it these days.
Ticket prices are grossly inflated for Giants games right now, but it's too bad you can't go to a game. I haven't seen anywhere else outside of Oakland and Candlestick (where the Giants used to and 49ers still play :leak:) but it's hard to imagine anywhere better to see a game other than Fenway or Wrigley.

Natrlhi
08-08-2011, 02:46 PM
...it's hard to imagine anywhere better to see a game other than Fenway or Wrigley.I can personally confirm this to be true. :cool:

EDIT: Although many Boston fans can really be fuckholes.

mastodon421
08-08-2011, 03:00 PM
I can personally confirm this to be true. :cool:

EDIT: Although many Boston fans can really be fuckholes.

:finger2: Boston fans are wicked awesome.

christopher
08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Circle One is playing a backyard gig on Friday in Whittier. I'm highly tempted to go to this for $3:D

larvtard
08-08-2011, 06:49 PM
AT&T Park is not in Atlanta, so...no. That was the whole point, really.

Plus, as an Indians fan, I'm not really sure I could set foot in Turner Field. Sixteen years is not long enough for those wounds to heal. ;)

EDIT: It'll happen, just not for baseball. ;)

EDIT2: I've been to Hotlanta a bunch o' times, I just haven't had occasion to stay in the area since I started posting on here regularly.

I know. What do you do, anyway? You travel a fuck load for work.

Butcher of Birth
08-08-2011, 07:06 PM

It's called FOR FUN! GAH! :flame:

Butcher of Birth
08-08-2011, 07:06 PM
All tampa/orlando dates?
None over by me? :tongue:

I didn't check the south because not much goes that way, as you know haha

PowerMaiden
08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
starting to be fucking anxious to see the vikings twice next weekend

Montreal & Québec city

NP - Fate Of Norns live

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jd091
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
It's called FOR FUN! GAH! :flame:

Look, I'm friends with some gay guys. They're nice people. It's alright, Brutal.

http://www.starblind.com/images/blogpix/erasure_andy_bell_as_angel.jpg
http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/02/11/erasure_3.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/number1erasurefan/erasure_18.jpg
http://images.emusic.com/img/artist/125/348/12534885.jpeg

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 03:58 AM
Currently hoping the Suicidal Tendencies gig on Monday doesn't get cancelled after the venue (Electric Ballroom) was affected by the riots in London last night.

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 08:13 AM
I know. What do you do, anyway? You travel a fuck load for work.I'm an engineer (not the kind that drives trains ;)). I've been traveling more lately than I usually do, but the fact the I've been so many places has more to do with the fact that I've been working in this field for almost twenty years more than it has to do with having to travel all that frequently.

I also get around the Midwest a lot because Michigan, Indiana and Pennsylvania are all within driving distance, and my wife is from the Chicagoland area, so we go back there to see her family now and then.

ShatteredFlame
08-09-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.aeglive.com/marketing_console/uploads/files/media/000/064/Event-32886-28-08042011-0.jpg
10/14 Best Buy Theater
oh my gawd what a cool lineup :eek:

EDIT: In other news one of my favorite bands Shpongle finally decides to play a live set in NYC, they play all the time but it's always DJ sets. The problem is that they actually put it on the day when something way more fun is going on - Melt-Banana in CT. Both would be incredibly fun gigs and both bands make some of the most amazing music ever but I'm heavily leaning toward Melt-Banana.

christopher
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm missing Fear with Paramore today:bouville: but I'm going to see The Smoke Stacks tomorrow in Pasadena:D

christopher
08-09-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.aeglive.com/marketing_console/uploads/files/media/000/064/Event-32886-28-08042011-0.jpg
10/14 Best Buy Theater
oh my gawd what a cool lineup :eek:

EDIT: In other news one of my favorite bands Shpongle finally decides to play a live set in NYC, they play all the time but it's always DJ sets. The problem is that they actually put it on the day when something way more fun is going on - Melt-Banana in CT. Both would be incredibly fun gigs and both bands make some of the most amazing music ever but I'm heavily leaning toward Melt-Banana.

Go see Melt Banana, completely worth it

mankvill
08-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Fear with Paramore

the fuck?

christopher
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM
the fuck?

:lol: Its the Warped Tour going on in San Diego. Fear and Paramore are the only things of interest to me.

jd091
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
:lol: Its the Warped Tour going on in San Diego. Fear and Paramore are the only things of interest to me.

ADTR BRO

hellawaits77ny
08-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Summer Slaughter in Montreal tommorrow!

brutal_descent
08-09-2011, 06:07 PM
An Evening With Eels tomorrow night, Eyehategod with Impaled the night after that, and then Outside Lands for two nights after that. :eyes::eek:

BloodoftheKings
08-09-2011, 06:24 PM
ADTR BRO

Stop. I cringe when I hear this band mentioned.

ShatteredFlame
08-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Go see Melt Banana, completely worth it

yeah I definitely will since it's way cheaper/closer. btw The Goddamn Gallows are playing 2 days later, and it's Halloween weekend :lovedup:

jd091
08-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Stop. I cringe when I hear this band mentioned.

A

DAY

TO

REMEMBER!

http://www.blindingloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/adtr.jpg

:fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

BloodoftheKings
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.blindingloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/adtr.jpg

:fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

http://cheatengine.org/forum/files/faggot-tree_122.jpg

christopher
08-09-2011, 08:06 PM
An Evening With Eels tomorrow night, Eyehategod with Impaled the night after that, and then Outside Lands for two nights after that. :eyes::eek:

I would much rather have had a headlining EHG show with Impaled than POTR. Its cool to see Pentagram but I've seen them before and like EHG more.

brutal_descent
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I would much rather have had a headlining EHG show with Impaled than POTR. Its cool to see Pentagram but I've seen them before and like EHG more.

My Pentagram/Winter/Noothgrush/Trap Them show is 21+ :bouville:

ShatteredFlame
08-09-2011, 09:03 PM
sweet that Curren$y-Method Man tour is coming to a local club in CT :party:

ShatteredFlame
08-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Alright just narrowed down my show list, it's looking like:

09/20 - Opeth/Katatonia - CT
09/27 - Mogwai - NY ? (I have a ticket but might sell it since I don't even want to go that bad)
09/29 - Swans - MA
10/05 - Portishead - NY
10/12 - Curren$y/Method Man - CT
10/25 or 10/27 - Boris - MA or NY
10/28 - Melt-Banana - CT
10/30 - The Goddamn Gallows - CT
11/11 - Steven Wilson - NY
11/22 - M83 - NY
11/27 - Gwar - CT

for now its looking like a good balance. A couple of local shows and the out of state shows are spread out fairly.

christopher
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
My Pentagram/Winter/Noothgrush/Trap Them show is 21+ :bouville:

:fingers:

brutal_descent
08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
My friend with whom I usually go to all my black metal shows with just said no to Inquisition in October. His argument: European Black Metal is the only good Black Metal. :flame:

I showed him Agalloch, Absu, Goatwhore, WITTR, Krallice, and Nachtmystium but he's still sticking to his belief. :flame:

jd091
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
My friend with whom I usually go to all my black metal shows with just said no to Inquisition in October. His argument: European Black Metal is the only good Black Metal. :flame:

I showed him Agalloch, Absu, Goatwhore, WITTR, Krallice, and Nachtmystium but he's still sticking to his belief. :flame:

AMERICAN BM = HIPSTER BM

ONLY EUROS ARE TROO KVLT

mankvill
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Everyone post their October:

10/2 - DevilDriver w/ Skeletonwitch, ChthoniC (?)
10/6 - Opeth w/ Katatonia
10/9 - Melt-Banana
10/11 - OFWGKTA
10/22 - Hammerween 2 w/ Hammerlord, Troglodyte, At The Left Hand Of God, more
10/ 26 - The Black Dahlia Murder w/ All Shall Perish, Cannabis Corpse
10/30 - Warbringer w/ LaZarus A.D., Landmine Marathon, Diamond Plate, Vanlade, Meat Shank

brutal_descent
08-10-2011, 05:11 PM
^ Okay.

10/1 - Apocalyptica
10/7 - Inquisition
10/14 - Bowling for Soup
10/15 - Skyforger
10/18 - Hurts (?)
10/19 - Morcheeba (?)
10/22 - Amorphis
10/27 - In Flames
10/31 - Melvins

:allan:

mankvill
08-10-2011, 05:12 PM
^ Okay.

10/1 - Apocalyptica
10/14 - Bowling for Soup

soooo jealous

brutal_descent
08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
soooo jealous

What about Inquisition, Amorphis, and the Melvins? Unless that's sarcasm, though. :D

christopher
08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
As of now, I think the only show I'm really going to in October is the Danzig Legacy show on Halloween.:party:

jd091
08-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Everyone post their October:

10/6 - Opeth w/ Katatonia
10/9 - Melt-Banana
10/11 - OFWGKTA
10/22 - Hammerween 2 w/ Hammerlord, Troglodyte, At The Left Hand Of God, more
10/ 26 - The Black Dahlia Murder w/ All Shall Perish, Cannabis Corpse
10/30 - Warbringer w/ LaZarus A.D., Landmine Marathon, Diamond Plate, Vanlade, Meat Shank

My October (holy living fuck, I don't know how I'm gonna do this):

10/2 - Enslaved, Alcest, Ghost
10/4 - Arch Enemy, Devildriver, Skeletonwitch, Chthonic
10/5 - Social Distortion (Riot Fest)
10/7 - Danzig Legacy, Youth of Today, Macabre, Nachtmystium (Riot Fest)
10/8 - Descendents, Suicide Machines, Leftover Crack, Strike Anywhere (Riot Fest)
10/9 - Either Weezer OR 7 Seconds, I have to choose 1 :( (Riot Fest)
10/27 - Warbringer, Landmine Marathon
10/28 - Opeth, Katatonia
10/31 - :pumpkin: GWAR, Every Time I Die :pumpkin:

larvtard
08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
for October, I want to go to ETID, Warbringer, and Immolation in Albany. ETID is a top priority for me, Warbringer would be fucking amazing but I doubt that it's gonna happen, and Immolation's probably not gonna happen either. I'll probably just check out local shows.

ravenheart
08-10-2011, 06:45 PM
OK...

October
1 - Redemption
9 - L.A. Guns
26 - Symphony X
29 - Alice Cooper

I expect more to be added.

Sepultura69
08-11-2011, 10:11 AM
OH SHIT. I work from 9am-6:30pm on saturday but my boss said she will let me off an hour early so I can dash back home, take a shower power and then Head out to MUTHA FUCKIN POWER OF THE RIFF FESTIVAL. PELICAN, EYEHATEGOD, Pentagram, Trap them, ect. IT'S GOING DOWN MOTHER FUCKERS

See ya saturday vegantopher. Hopefully will finally meet. :D

In the mean time. Gotta go get ready for Workizzles. Take care folks :rocker:

jd091
08-11-2011, 10:12 AM
OH SHIT. I work from 9am-6:30pm on saturday but my boss said she will let me off an hour early so I can dash back home, take a shower power and then Head out to MUTHA FUCKIN POWER OF THE RIFF FESTIVAL. PELICAN, EYEHATEGOD, Pentagram, Trap them, ect. IT'S GOING DOWN MOTHER FUCKERS

In the mean. Gotta go get ready for Workizzles. Take care folks :rocker:

Shit, that sounds sick. Trap Them is amazing live; I'm very jelly.

MPF
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
10/3- Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost
10/19- Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage (Just got on the guest list)

christopher
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM

In the mean time. Gotta go get ready for Workizzles. Take care folks :rocker:

Looking forward to the show! Hopefully they post set times soon cause I want to see Black Breath but don't want to miss them. I'm sure I'll find you there

mankvill
08-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Ghoul w/ Troglodyte at the Aftershock on October 15th.

SO MANY OCTOBER CONCERTS!

hinder5050
08-11-2011, 09:47 PM

where that going to be?

hinder5050
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
my octobers looking good
10/2 devil driver
10/9 my 21st birthday and melt banna
10/13hed pe
10/30 warbringer
10 unknown freakers balls

mankvill
08-11-2011, 10:11 PM

where that going to be?

Omaha. Might go, might not. I've made the drive before, for Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth and God Forbid. It wasn't too bad.

bt11763
08-11-2011, 10:15 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lps7e0iP8c1qgo62to1_500.jpg

word.

ShatteredFlame
08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
man I want to go to that so bad

brutal_descent
08-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Eels was amazing.

Fresh Blood, That Look You Give That Guy and Novocaine for the Soul are definitely some of the best live songs I've heard. :wow:

mastodon421
08-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Summer Slaughter today!

larvtard
08-12-2011, 06:57 AM
The Sword are playing Burlington!!!! :party: thank you so much Northern_Shaman, I really appreciate it dude.

RAZOR
08-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Alice Cooper tonight!

I still have no idea who the openers are. :eyes:

Dextrimental
08-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Alice Cooper tonight!

I still have no idea who the openers are. :eyes:

If ever there was an artist whose openers didn't matter, its Alice!

RAZOR
08-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Very true, my friend!

Sepultura69
08-12-2011, 10:34 AM
POWER OF THE RIFF FEST TOMORROW, YOU FUCKS

METAL UP YOUR ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

ravenheart
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Except when the opener was Dio... or when it was Motorhead... ;)

MPF
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
DEVIN TOWNSEND- OCTOBER 8TH STATION 4 in ST. PAUL

Tickets go on sale on my birthday next Friday. Can you say birthday Present? FUCK YEAH!

John The Drummer
08-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Nothing big coming up in Seattle that I am aware of, but my bands have a few dates finally!

Funeral Age:
August 27th @ The Coo Coo's Nest (Port Angeles)
October 14th @ Studio 7 (Seattle) w/ Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod Apocalypse
October 28th @ 2 Bit Saloon (Ballard) w/ Ceremonial Castings
November 5th @ in Spokane, WA

Divinorum:
September 6th @ Studio i7 w/ Vreid, Kampfar, Necronomicon

woo fuckin hoo!

mankvill
08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
September 6th @ Studio i7 w/ Vreid, Kampfar, Necronomicon

:drool:

brutal_descent
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Eyehategod w/ Impaled tonight :drool:

mankvill
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Eyehategod w/ Impaled tonight :drool:

get Impaled set plz

brutal_descent
08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
get Impaled set plz

Only if there's a physical set. I'm going to be headbanging the whole night :rocker:

christopher
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Nothing big coming up in Seattle that I am aware of

What about this??

http://seattlesoundfest.com/

PowerMaiden
08-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Amon Fucking Amarth !

tomorrow in Montreal and sunday in Québec city

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5721/fredviking.jpg

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jd091
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Amon Fucking Amarth !

tomorrow in Montreal and sunday in Québec city

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5721/fredviking.jpg

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:fist:

christopher
08-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Power of the Riff tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see Eyehategod for the third time. I'm looking forward to seeing Baptists, Alpinist, Maskari, Black Breath, Trap Them, All Pigs Must Die and Black Cobra. I don't really care too much about Pentagram cause I haven't listened to them in a few years and have seen them before. I know they'll be fucking awesome, but more excited about the other bands. I think the biggest highlight will be Winter. I always dug Servants of the Warsmen, but never listened to them beyond that. I listened to their album all the way through tonight and regretting not knowing it better before seeing them. I'm going to listen to it a few times between now and when I get to the show tomorrow at 4pm, can't wait!!!:rocker:

ravenheart
08-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Power of the Riff is a cool thing, but I wouldn't go. The only band on the bill I care about is Pentagram.

jd091
08-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Power of the Riff is a cool thing, but I wouldn't go. The only band on the bill I care about is Pentagram.

You should care about Trap Them. Start caring.

ShatteredFlame
08-13-2011, 07:01 AM
You should care about Trap Them. Start caring.

Do you listen to Masakari? Just wondering since they kinda kick Trap Them's ass :tongue:

ShatteredFlame
08-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Radiohead is playing NYC...but only on SNL :hmm:

I wish these guys weren't so secretive. They will probably do a full secret show the same night at a small venue and I won't be there :(

mankvill
08-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Radiohead is playing NYC...but only on SNL :hmm:

I wish these guys weren't so secretive. They will probably do a full secret show the same night at a small venue and I won't be there :(

Two bands I'd camp out for: iron maiden and radiohead

jd091
08-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Do you listen to Masakari? Just wondering since they kinda kick Trap Them's ass :tongue:

Nope! But I'll start now that you said that.

GarageMetal468
08-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Not gonna go to the free Gridlink/Phobia show tonight. I'd rather work and get as much money as I can before going back to school. There is a local thrash show going on after which I might go out to if I get off early enough (probably not gonna happen). Anyway, the next show I'm gonna be going to is Diamond Plate's Generation Why? release show at Reggies. I'm also going to the video shoot for their song At the Mountains of Madness they have before, so you will probably see me when that video is released!

christopher
08-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Nope! But I'll start now that you said that.

Get the Profit Feeds. So awesome!

Edit: Too bad you didn't find out about them sooner, they were in Cleveland on August 5th

jd091
08-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Edit: Too bad you didn't find out about them sooner, they were in Cleveland on August 5th

I was out of town that weekend anyway.

I have just listened to Jason... The Dragon all the way through for the first time, and have decided that I must see Weedeater in September.

larvtard
08-13-2011, 04:00 PM

I told him about that show! He said he would listen to them :bouville:

larvtard
08-13-2011, 04:02 PM

I'll kick your ass.

They don't really sound that similar anyways.

masterguy49
08-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Heading off to Mayhem soon :rocker:
First time seeing Machine Head!

makethemsuffer12
08-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Heading off to Mayhem soon :rocker:
First time seeing Machine Head!

Have a good one dude! If MH are playing the side stage, just know that they'll be ridiculously fucking loud. Like the hearing in my right ear was fucked up for a good few days after that show. :lol:

ravenheart
08-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Like the hearing in my right ear was fucked up for a good few days after that show. :lol:

Only you can be blamed for that.

jd091
08-14-2011, 08:34 AM

I told him about that show! He said he would listen to them :bouville:

AND I told you I would be out of town anyway. No possible way for me to catch it even if I did listen.

I'll kick your ass.

They don't really sound that similar anyways.

Ok, just listened to a bunch from The Profit Feeds. Very, very, very good stuff! Right up my alley! I can see similarities to All Pigs Must Die and Trap Them, but it's definitely different than those two. I need to listen way more, but I don't know if they kick Trap Them's ass in my opinion. Ryan McKenny from TT is waaay to good of a vocalist to be topped in this genre. Still awesome. Thanks for getting me off my lazy ass to listen!

(Spotify also makes that a lot easier, too. :D)

larvtard
08-14-2011, 08:40 AM
AND I told you I would be out of town anyway. No possible way for me to catch it even if I did listen.

Yeah, but you said you were gonna go listen to them regardless. apparently you only listen to ShatteredFlame now :bouville:

:lol:

makethemsuffer12
08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Journey/Foreigner on Wednesday.

jd091
08-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah, but you said you were gonna go listen to them regardless. apparently you only listen to ShatteredFlame now :bouville:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8458/bvdx2bu.jpg

NickLed19
08-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Journey/Foreigner on Wednesday.

Let me know how that was.

GarageMetal468
08-14-2011, 11:47 AM
So I'm gonna be seeing Diamond Plate tonight! Unfortunately Kittie and Dirge Within are headlining the tour so I'm gonna be leaving after DP because I really don't like those two. Also two local bands Degradation and Depremacy are opening the show. Would you guys want me to get a set list for DP anyway or wait til the release show on the 19th?

300%_Density
08-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Now 8 days away from getting Summer Slaughter off date in Tulsa. Dying Fetus / Powerglove / Fleshgod Apocalypse!!! Best $16 vaule ever. Never seen any of those 3 bands. Will be amazing.

ravenheart
08-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Suicidal Tendencies tomorrow with the excellent Shrapnel supporting.

Clearly the promoters thought Suicidal Tendencies were a thrash band. They booked two thrash openers. Thankfully, Gama Bomb wimped out. Now I don't have to suffer them between Shrapnel and ST.

larvtard
08-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Suicidal Tendencies tomorrow with the excellent Shrapnel supporting.

Clearly the promoters thought Suicidal Tendencies were a thrash band. They booked two thrash openers. Thankfully, Gama Bomb wimped out. Now I don't have to suffer them between Shrapnel and ST.

Close enough to a thrash band.

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Possibly going to Marnie Stern in CT on 9/21. She is cute as hell but I thought her music wouldn't be great so I never checked it out. I am listening to her s/t from last year and it's great. It's like garage rock with this weird psychedelic/technical vibe, or math rock like last.fm tags it. But unlike wanky math rock this is really lively. The drummer steals the show though, he's awesome.

JuuKun
08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
08/31 - Kamelot
09/11 - Wolves in the Throne Room
09/17 - Evergrey
09/26 - Enslaved/Alcest
10/27 - Blaze Bayley

Hard to narrow down what shows I'll be going to this Fall, but these are a mixture of the cheapest & highest priority. If for some reason I can only make it to one, it'll be Evergrey.

OraclesofAgony
08-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Bought my ticket to see The Faceless in Hollywood on Thursday. :party:

Saw them once before, last year on the Decibel Defiance Tour, and they were awesome. I'm curious to see how the new vocalist will perform live.

jd091
08-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Bought my ticket to see The Faceless in Hollywood on Thursday. :party:

Saw them once before, last year on the Decibel Defiance Tour, and they were awesome. I'm curious to see how the new vocalist will perform live.

All you people that have seen The Faceless already:

http://useless_bull.tripod.com/babiesmiddlefinger.jpg

GarageMetal468
08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
All you people that have seen The Faceless already:

http://useless_bull.tripod.com/babiesmiddlefinger.jpg

tripod? You son of a bitch you take that back right now!

jd091
08-15-2011, 08:29 PM

What the fuck, it WAS working. Here:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000640791/polls_baby_middle_finger_3533_250214_answer_1_xlar ge.jpeg

GarageMetal468
08-15-2011, 08:42 PM
What the fuck, it WAS working. Here:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000640791/polls_baby_middle_finger_3533_250214_answer_1_xlar ge.jpeg

The Faceless toured all the time in 2009 and 2010... I've seen them 4 times now. I'm sure they'll be touring a bunch after the album is done.

larvtard
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
jd, you're not missing anything. The Faceless are pretty one-dimensional live

jd091
08-15-2011, 08:46 PM

idgaf, one of my favorite bands on record. :boxer:

GarageMetal468
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM

In all honesty, their live show had declined progressively every time I saw them.

First time: with Atheist, SO much energy on stage, everyone was headbanging/moving, even the people that weren't fans

Second time: Headlining, the guitarists looked like they really didn't want to be there but they all still put on a crazy show

Third time: Summer Slaughter 2010, new bassist and everything sounded good but the set list wasn't very good compared to the last 2 times I had seen them. Still some energy on stage but not as much compared to the first show

Fourth time: With Suffocation, and it was boring as hell. The singer REALLY didn't look like he was into it at all, as with the rest of the band.

jd091
08-15-2011, 08:59 PM
A new singer hopefully means new burst of energy for the band, and new music means a burst of energy for the fans. Hopefully their next album supporting tour will be sick.

es156
08-15-2011, 10:45 PM

NecroRob
08-15-2011, 11:11 PM
A new singer hopefully means new burst of energy for the band, and new music means a burst of energy for the fans. Hopefully their next album supporting tour will be sick.

This.

But in all honesty, I don't really give a shit if they're "boring" live. I kinda compare it to Dying Fetus; boring as fuck to look at but the music is so damn good you don't even notice.

OraclesofAgony
08-15-2011, 11:17 PM
In all honesty, their live show had declined progressively every time I saw them.

First time: with Atheist, SO much energy on stage, everyone was headbanging/moving, even the people that weren't fans

Second time: Headlining, the guitarists looked like they really didn't want to be there but they all still put on a crazy show

Third time: Summer Slaughter 2010, new bassist and everything sounded good but the set list wasn't very good compared to the last 2 times I had seen them. Still some energy on stage but not as much compared to the first show

Fourth time: With Suffocation, and it was boring as hell. The singer REALLY didn't look like he was into it at all, as with the rest of the band.

I saw them on this tour, and I love the music so much that I was still able to enjoy their performance a lot. But you're right, their stage presence was pretty poor, and that can go a long way. It'll be interesting to see what kind of energy the new vocalist brings to the table when I see them this Thursday.

treghet
08-15-2011, 11:26 PM
I saw them on this tour, and I love the music so much that I was still able to enjoy their performance a lot. But you're right, their stage presence was pretty poor, and that can go a long way. It'll be interesting to see what kind of energy the new vocalist brings to the table when I see them this Thursday.

Hopefully they play some more old songs. I can't remember ever seeing "Leica" in a set.

christopher
08-15-2011, 11:35 PM
I just bought a ticket to see Circa Survive in October:D

mankvill
08-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Trap Them is playing a show in Wichita with The Contortionist (barf)

I'd go if it were closer

Natrlhi
08-16-2011, 12:26 AM
No idea what the fuck I'm doing the next couple of months - but tomorrow night:

POWER OF THE RIFF, NIGHT 2
8/16/2011 The Mezzanine – San Francisco, CA

Doors – 6:30
AEGES 7:00-7:30
BAPTISTS 7:45-8:15
EARLY GRAVES 8:30-9:00
MASAKARI 9:15-9:45
ALPINIST 10:00-10:30
PELICAN 10:45-11:45
PENTAGRAM 12:00-1:00

Don't know if I'll be able to stay for Pentagram. I've gotta be up at 7:00 AM at the latest, and the drive from SF to my hotel in Palo Alto is about 45 minutes or so. Fuck.

christopher
08-16-2011, 12:27 AM

Don't know if I'll be able to stay for Pentagram. I've gotta be up at 7:00 AM at the latest, and the drive from SF to my hotel in Palo Alto is about 45 minutes or so. Fuck.

Why do you have to be up at 7am?

Sepultura69
08-16-2011, 12:29 AM

Pelican is playing an hour set. They only played like a 30 something minute set at my show :(

christopher
08-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Pelican is playing an hour set. They only played like a 30 something minute set at my show :(

They were scheduled to play from 7:15 to 8:00. Did they not play the full 45 minutes? I was too busy getting drunk and watching Black Breath to see Pelican haha. No scratch that, I watched a few minutes and left.

Sepultura69
08-16-2011, 12:34 AM
They were scheduled to play from 7:15 to 8:00. Did they not play the full 45 minutes? I was too busy getting drunk and watching Black Breath to see Pelican haha. No scratch that, I watched a few minutes and left.

Nah, they didn't. They only played like 6 songs at most. It felt very short. They were epic none the less. I will definitely make the trip to see them again if they ever do a headlining show around here in Orange/Los angeles :rocker:

Natrlhi
08-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Why do you have to be up at 7am?This is a business trip I'm on, bud. Gotta make the scene on time, take notes, network, shit like that.

Nah, they didn't. They only played like 6 songs at most. It felt very short. They were epic none the less. I will definitely make the trip to see them again if they ever do a headlining show around here in Orange/Los angeles :rocker:Six songs from Pelican can be close to an hour. :lol:

Chances are, it was right around the scheduled 45 minutes, though. Eight minutes per song on the average sounds about right. Sometimes they close their set with something epic like "The Woods", which I've seen them stretch out to around 15 minutes for just that one song...

christopher
08-16-2011, 12:46 AM
This is a business trip I'm on, bud. Gotta make the scene on time, take notes, network, shit like that.

Six songs from Pelican can be close to an hour. :lol:

Chances are, it was right around the scheduled 45 minutes, though. Eight minutes per song on the average sounds about right. Sometimes they close their set with something epic like "The Woods", which I've seen then stretch out to around 15 minutes for just that one song...

Damn that sucks. I would not want to get 5 hours of sleep if I had to actually be productive the next day with work. Well sucks you have to miss Pentagram, but at least you enjoy majority of the show. Good luck at work!

RAZOR
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Amon Amarth tonight. :D

mankvill
08-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Another fucking October show.

:eyes: Taking Back Sunday! Right down the road for me. Hopefully it's cheap!

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Helstar next for me. 13 days.

jd091
08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Another fucking October show.

:eyes: Taking Back Sunday! Right down the road for me. Hopefully it's cheap!

>A<

am I doing it rite?

mankvill
08-16-2011, 01:55 PM
>A<

am I doing it rite?

> A<*

OraclesofAgony
08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Amon Amarth tonight. :D

:party:

2 weeks away for me.

jd091
08-16-2011, 02:28 PM
> A<*

Can you at least give me a hint to what it means?

mankvill
08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Can you at least give me a hint to what it means?

¯\(°_o)/¯

idrinkwine732
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
lolidunno

jd091
08-16-2011, 03:15 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vZhR4a7LLS8/TSJja6pyclI/AAAAAAAAVnc/7SF6KmSSiG0/s1600/Karin+Stump.jpg

jd091
08-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, does anyone here listen to Vreid? They're coming here the week before I go back to school. My friend and I have nothing to do, so we might go up and check them out. Worth it?

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, does anyone here listen to Vreid? They're coming here the week before I go back to school. My friend and I have nothing to do, so we might go up and check them out. Worth it?

I heard a couple songs, they sound pretty good.

mankvill
08-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Yes, they are awesome. They are the band that formed after Windir broke up because Valfar died, even though you don't know Windir because you're a gay who likes deathcore.

jd091
08-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Yes, they are awesome. They are the band that formed after Windir broke up because Valfar died, even though you don't know Windir because you're a gay who likes deathcore.

:lol: I actually do know Windir, unbelievably. And from what I'm listening of them, they're awesome. Will hit up. Do I gain troo metal cred now for going to dis show?!

larvtard
08-16-2011, 09:37 PM
so, Rock the Bells is in Boston on a Saturday, which means I can take the $1 bus down to Boston without missing Friday classes :) Should I go? Nas, Immortal Technique, and Common are a few of the only rappers I can tolerate.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 09:40 PM
so, Rock the Bells is in Boston on a Saturday, which means I can take the $1 bus down to Boston without missing Friday classes :) Should I go? Nas, Immortal Technique, and Common are a few of the only rappers I can tolerate.

Go for it. Tons of other good rappers are playing too. Cypress Hill, MF Doom, Mos Def, Ghostface & Reakwon, and Gza are all great.

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Fucked Up next Tuesday (first day of my freshman year) and they're playing all of David Comes To Life.

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 02:42 AM
all this announced while I was flying from SFO to Moscow

10/08 Korpiklaani/Dreamtale
10/15 Skyforger
10/29 Alestorm

fuuuck :drool:

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 03:21 AM
all this announced while I was flying from SFO to Moscow

10/08 Korpiklaani/Dreamtale
10/15 Skyforger
10/29 Alestorm

fuuuck :drool:

Damn. Gay folk metal overload :finger:

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 03:23 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

That's the first one I can make sense of!

I think.

mastodon421
08-17-2011, 04:19 AM

It's really, really expensive. I was going to go, but I don't think I can afford it right now. If you have the money though, go for it. It's the best lineup I have ever seen for a rap festival.

makethemsuffer12
08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Journey/Foreigner/Night Ranger tonight.

larvtard
08-17-2011, 09:29 AM
It's really, really expensive. I was going to go, but I don't think I can afford it right now. If you have the money though, go for it. It's the best lineup I have ever seen for a rap festival.

Holy crap, you're right :flame:

llama lom
08-17-2011, 09:34 AM
I just realized I may get fucked over for all the Sunday shows this year since I'll have chapter. :flame:

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
8/23 Fucked Up
8/28 Mooncake
9/03 Deftones
9/09 Children Of Bodom
9/10 Destruction
9/16 Helloween with Stratovarius
9/17 Maybeshewill with Exxasens
9/28 Napalm Death
9/30 BTBAM with AAL
10/1 Apocalyptica
10/7 Inquisition
10/8 Korpiklaani with Dreamtale
10/14 Bowling for Soup
10/15 Skyforger
10/19 Morcheeba
10/22 Amorphis
10/27 In Flames
10/29 Alestorm (?)
10/31 Melvins
11/06 Anathema
11/23 Atari Teenage Riot
11/29 Iced Earth
12/14 Within Temptation
12/31 Matisyahu (?)
02/11 Rammstein

:dance:

GarageMetal468
08-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I just realized I may get fucked over for all the Sunday shows this year since I'll have chapter. :flame:

Damn man, at least try to get around the Enslaved show. A good amount of people on here are going to that. What fraternity are you in, by the way?

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Might expand my October live shows... considering something on these lines, * is certain:

1 - Redemption
9 - L.A. Guns *
12 - Dixie Witch + Roadsaw + Sasquatch
20 - Chantel McGregor
24 - Inmoria + Intense
26 - Symphony X + Pagan's Mind + DGM *
28 - The Answer
29 - Alice Cooper *

EDIT: Definitely not going to the Doom Over London Festival. I REALLY want a good doom metal festival in London, but for some reason they've booked almost exclusive death/doom bands instead of proper doom bands (of which England alone has more than enough for an all-dayer these days).

jd091
08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Damn man, at least try to get around the Enslaved show. A good amount of people on here are going to that. What fraternity are you in, by the way?

Yeah, you NEED to go to the Enslaved show! We must all meet proper! :snivel:

IrritatedTrout
08-17-2011, 12:23 PM
8/23 Fucked Up
8/28 Mooncake
9/03 Deftones
9/09 Children Of Bodom
9/10 Destruction
9/28 Napalm Death
9/30 BTBAM with AAL
10/1 Apocalyptica
10/7 Inquisition
10/14 Bowling for Soup
10/15 Skyforger
10/19 Morcheeba
10/22 Amorphis
10/27 In Flames
10/29 Alestorm (?)
10/31 Melvins
11/06 Anathema
11/23 Atari Teenage Riot
11/29 Iced Earth
12/14 Within Temptation
12/31 Matisyahu (?)
02/11 Rammstein

I'll say it, that doesn't even look fun dude.:lol: Unless the venues are next door to your house or something have fun spending the time and money getting to all those.

Maiden33
08-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Contemplating the possibilities of making SAXON (w/ Borealis) a 2-show road-trip and catching both the show at Jaxx on Friday 10/14 and in Baltimore, MD on Sat. 10/15. I have a good friend willing to let me stay at his place in the greater DC-area, I wouldn't have to miss any classes, and Saxon actually play different sets from night-to-night.

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Saxon actually play different sets from night-to-night.

They do?

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
I'll say it, that doesn't even look fun dude.:lol: Unless the venues are next door to your house or something have fun spending the time and money getting to all those.

Having that many gigs is fun, trust me. But not THOSE gigs.

Maiden33
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
They do?

Pretty much anytime I've looked up Saxon setlists, they're always at least a little different from the one the night before or after.

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Pretty much anytime I've looked up Saxon setlists, they're always at least a little different from the one the night before or after.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever been surprised by a Saxon setlist when my stop of a regular tour has come round.

Maiden33
08-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Interesting. I don't think I've ever been surprised by a Saxon setlist when my stop of a regular tour has come round.

You have to keep in mind I've only ever seen Saxon once - there's still a LOT of songs I haven't seen that I want to - even songs someone like you would consider "standard" tunes.

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 01:19 PM
You have to keep in mind I've only ever seen Saxon once - there's still a LOT of songs I haven't seen that I want to - even songs someone like you would consider "standard" tunes.

Oh yeah, I just wouldn't expect to watch two successive shows on the same tour and see different songs, is all.

xStructualDefect
08-17-2011, 05:02 PM
8/23 Fucked Up
8/28 Mooncake
9/03 Deftones
9/09 Children Of Bodom
9/10 Destruction
9/28 Napalm Death
9/30 BTBAM with AAL
10/1 Apocalyptica
10/7 Inquisition
10/14 Bowling for Soup
10/15 Skyforger
10/19 Morcheeba
10/22 Amorphis
10/27 In Flames
10/29 Alestorm (?)
10/31 Melvins
11/06 Anathema
11/23 Atari Teenage Riot
11/29 Iced Earth
12/14 Within Temptation
12/31 Matisyahu (?)
02/11 Rammstein

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how can you afford that many shows when you're 15 I believe?

BloodoftheKings
08-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how can you afford that many shows when you're 15 I believe?

He made money for being an admin on last.fm and he payed for shows with his salary but I don't know how he still does it cause he got fired.

IrritatedTrout
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I remember he said he got into a bunch of shows for free for doing translation work for promoters or venues or something.

Edit: Going to my last show here in the USA until 2012 this Friday, Alice Cooper at the West Virginia State Fair.:bliss:

Triggz
08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
All Stars tomorrow!

larvtard
08-17-2011, 07:35 PM
He made money for being an admin on last.fm and he payed for shows with his salary but I don't know how he still does it cause he got fired.

haha, he has another job(s) too :D

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 07:52 PM

Unlike in the States, hitching rides here is legal, and nobody ever charges for more than $15 :allan:

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
:lovedup: :lovedup: :lovedup:

A Day To Remember is FINALLY coming here! :dance:

christopher
08-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Having that many gigs is fun, trust me. But not THOSE gigs.

I think the only ones that look fun to me are Destruction, Napalm Death and Inquisition. There's a handful of them there I would not want to go to. I definitely wouldn't walk near the Bowling for Soup show :lol:

jd091
08-17-2011, 09:13 PM
:lovedup: :lovedup: :lovedup:

A Day To Remember is FINALLY coming here! :dance:

:bouville:

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow, these few days are full of announcements.

+ Einherjer/Vreid 12/3

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I think the only ones that look fun to me are Destruction, Napalm Death and Inquisition. There's a handful of them there I would not want to go to. I definitely wouldn't walk near the Bowling for Soup show :lol:

NO ONE LIKING FUCKED UP IS REALLY STARTING TO HURT MY FEELINGS

mankvill
08-17-2011, 09:54 PM

pfft dey sux

christopher
08-17-2011, 09:58 PM

I can't get into them at all.

jd091
08-17-2011, 10:19 PM
I can't get into them at all.

Yeah, gotta agree. Way too... I don't know, hip for my tastes. Trying too hard to appeal to that niche in the couple songs I heard.

NecroRob
08-17-2011, 10:28 PM

I still like em mang :rockdevil

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I still like em mang :rockdevil

:lovedup: :lovedup:

Y'all else is idiots. :hmm:

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 11:17 PM
:lovedup: :lovedup:

Y'all else is idiots. :hmm:

Want me to record the show for you so you can fap to the awesome?

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Want me to record the show for you so you can fap to the awesome?

If you got a decent audio quality version of Queen of Hearts, The Other Shoe, Remember My Name, and/or Lights Go Up, I'd probably fly to Russia and kiss you.

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 11:21 PM
If you got a decent audio quality version of Queen of Hearts, The Other Shoe, Remember My Name, and/or Lights Go Up, I'd probably fly to Russia and kiss you.

pedophile

EDIT: Why not just fly up for the show itself then? :tongue:

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 11:24 PM
pedophile

EDIT: Why not just fly up for the show itself then? :tongue:

Shut up. And ask them if they're playing all of David Comes to Life in America soon. I only have their UK phone numbers. :allan:

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Shut up. And ask them if they're playing all of David Comes to Life in America soon. I only have their UK phone numbers. :allan:

I really hope I bump into Damian after the show, so if I do, I will definitely ask on your behalf! :)

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 11:39 PM
I really hope I bump into Damian after the show, so if I do, I will definitely ask on your behalf! :)

At the London show Damian hugged everyone near the front afterward and thanked them individually for coming out and helping sing and moshing, so your chances seem good. He's really an incredible guy.

ShatteredFlame
08-18-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm just sick of seeing that fat sweaty guy every couple of posts on BV. It doesn't even look enjoyable, just disgusting.

I haven't actually listened to the album yet :tongue:

brutal_descent
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Well, if I had to pick the top five shows I'm stoked for more than any others, it'd be

1. A Day To Remember
2. BTBAM/AAL
3. Fucked Up
4. Deftones
5. COB

OraclesofAgony
08-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Off to Hollywood for the Faceless. :D

mastodon421
08-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Off to Hollywood for the Faceless. :D

Setlist and review please:D I really want to know how the new vocalist was live.

mankvill
08-21-2011, 12:08 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309896_249167188447601_105259226171732_833238_6805 324_n.jpg

:D

treghet
08-21-2011, 12:55 AM
At first glance I thought that was an Emperor logo and I was confused.

Epidemic Reign
08-21-2011, 02:08 AM

Ditto. WTF?!?

mankvill
08-21-2011, 02:33 PM

It's Ihsahn playing a secret Emperor show. u jelly?

gabo03
08-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Megadeth - Nov 20th Auditorio Banamex, Monterrey, Mexico

slapguitarer
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm not too sure I'm going to Judas Priest any more. Lawn is $83 and the section above that is something like $123. It's fucking crazy.