PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Upcoming Shows' Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Natrlhi
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Oope just remember they played Donner Party and dedicated it to some Sacto friends in the audience. So there's that :D

Fuck it might've just been an older song, all I remember is the shout out and that is was more aggressive, hardcore-ish even.

"Donner Party" fucking rocks balls. I got that one live, too. :bowdown:

ADD
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Not unless they got trumpet and keyboard players for the night and Jackie sang all of Aurielle's pretty vocal parts. :lol:

But yeah, I get it. You're not for sure on the setlist. I just had to make that observation. :D

I think "Versus" was the Aaron / Aurielle croonfest tune that'll probably never get played live again, but I suppose I could be wrong. Ya never know.

I'll bet dollars to donuts they played "Neonate" and "Ampullae", though. They did when I saw 'em last year.

I hear they've also been rippin' out "Sutter's Fort" from time to time. Any recollection of that one? It prolly woulda been an encore...

:lol: Fasho.

SomewhereInTime72
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Very probably going to see Gamma Ray in 2 weeks (minus 1 day).

Would be definite if the recent setlist's 5 songs from the recent mediocre album didn't make me feel slightly iffy about it.

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Nevermore April 20th 2011 :drool::drool::rocker::rocker::party::party:

ravenheart
01-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Nevermore April 20th 2011 :drool::drool::rocker::rocker::party::party:

Anyone else getting impatient for Indestructible to go through his next Best Band In The World Ever phase and stop jizzing over Nevermore in every post?

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Anyone else getting impatient for Indestructible to go through his next Best Band In The World Ever phase and stop jizzing over Nevermore in every post?

Atleast Nevermore is a good band

ravenheart
01-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Atleast Nevermore is a good band

True, that does at least make it one of his better fetishes ;)

Maybe he just needs to see them live for the first time.

JLRedWing13
01-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Nothing until February for me...

IrritatedTrout
01-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Nothing till April for me.:lol: Hoping the Agalloch tour comes here though.

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 01:58 PM

I dont jizz over nevermore in everypost. This and the nevermore dream set thread are the only ones i talked about them in. And not that many bands compete for best band ever, it's been the same 3 for awhile

DethMaiden
01-15-2011, 02:00 PM
I dont jizz over nevermore in everypost. This and the nevermore dream set thread are the only ones i talked about them in. And not that many bands compete for best band ever, it's been the same 3 for awhile

This post is falser than the conspiracies you believe in.

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
This post is falser than the conspiracies you believe in.

I also talked about them in the rank your favorite songs and albums thread, which is understandable. Please show all the posts that I "jizzed over nevermore in"

DethMaiden
01-15-2011, 02:07 PM
I also talked about them in the rank your favorite songs and albums thread, which is understandable. Please show all the posts that I "jizzed over nevermore in"

I'm not gonna bother; you've never let evidence change your mind before.

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2011, 02:09 PM
In defense of Indestructable, about 1/3rd of this board creams thier pants over Maiden more then he does with any band.

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Bloodofthekings is right. Alot of you are obessed with Maiden and death and black metal, and I talk about my favorite bands about the same or less. Also Nevermore is better than Maiden(Yeah I said it) and death and black metal.

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Bloodofthekings is right. Alot of you are obessed with Maiden and death and black metal, and I talk about my favorite bands about the same or less. Also Nevermore is better than Maiden(Yeah I said it) and death and black metal.

Death and black metal are genres, thats completely different then obsessing over 1 specific band. Im not gonna say Nevermore is better then Maiden but I do kinda like them more.

ravenheart
01-15-2011, 02:52 PM
In defense of Indestructable, about 1/3rd of this board creams thier pants over Maiden more then he does with any band.

Over a long period of time yeah, they do. Not over a short period of time in every post until they move on to their next phase. Indestructible creamed over Nevermore several times in the Now Listening thread (and some other ones), changed his avatar, changed his signature, and so on, in the space of a couple of days. He went from never mentioning them to them being the best thing on Earth. Which is a phase, and there will be another one. It's different for them. Their's is a life-long obsession ;)

ravenheart
01-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Please show all the posts that I "jizzed over nevermore in"

Anyone who makes this statement on the internet is "guilty", if you want to term it that way, of whatever it is they're trying to defend. True story.

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Over a long period of time yeah, they do. Not over a short period of time in every post until they move on to their next phase. Indestructible creamed over Nevermore several times in the Now Listening thread (and some other ones), changed his avatar, changed his signature, and so on, in the space of a couple of days. He went from never mentioning them to them being the best thing on Earth. Which is a phase, and there will be another one. It's different for them. Their's is a life-long obsession ;)
Can I not be excited to see one of my favorite bands live?
I am seeing Nevermore live in a few months, so I am listening to them heavily. I know nobody prepares for a live show by doing that. Also in honor of seeing them live my avatar is a Nevermore album cover. And my signature says the band I am seeing just like everyone else here does. Yeah I can't believe someone is exited to see one of their favorite bands ever live:tp:
Also Nevermore is the best thing ever, well in music anyways.

larvtard
01-15-2011, 04:16 PM
If anyone was wondering whether Atheist would tour the States after Scion....

3/19 Atheist, A Life Once Lost, Revocation @ Masquerade (Atlanta)

I have no idea what ALOL is doing on that bill, though :eek:

DethMaiden
01-15-2011, 04:18 PM
If anyone was wondering whether Atheist would tour the States after Scion....

3/19 Atheist, A Life Once Lost, Revocation @ Masquerade (Atlanta)

I have no idea what ALOL is doing on that bill, though :eek:

Can't fucking wait to see the other dates.

I'm okay with ALOL on there. To me they're kind of like if Lamb of God took themselves a little less seriously and, you know, were good.

NickLed19
01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Nothing until February for me...

Same. Have not had a show since November, really looking forward to going to one.

ravenheart
01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I've only got the Crowbar gig next week for January. It doesn't look like Thin Lizzy next Saturday will happen.

Plenty in February though :D

12 - Murderdolls
13 - Nomad Son + Iron Void + Mortalicum + The Prophecy
16 - Rob Zombie
19 - Europe + Voodoo Johnson
21 - Black Label Society + Godsized

IrritatedTrout
01-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Does this mean you're not going to Scion Rock fest:confused:

I could have sworn you were really into making the trip for the show:confused:

Haha no that's not me. It's a nice lineup but I would never travel all the way to Cali just for that, little out of my budget.:lol:

ravenheart
01-15-2011, 05:28 PM

Sure, until the next one.

They are awesome live though. Saw them for the second time last year. First time was supporting Disturbed. I left after Nevermore ;)

Sepultura69
01-15-2011, 05:34 PM

Honestly...I could have sworn like 2 months ago you were shitting bricks over that one band....I think the band was called "His Name is Yesterday" or something like that?:hecho::confused:

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Sure, until the next one.

They are awesome live though. Saw them for the second time last year. First time was supporting Disturbed. I left after Nevermore ;)

Their are only two bands I listen to that can top Nevermore, but I doubt the will

How did Nevermore not get bigger by opening for Disturbed. Nevermore is far greater than Disturbed can ever be.

ravenheart
01-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Their are only two bands I listen to that can top Nevermore, but I doubt the will

How did Nevermore not get bigger by opening for Disturbed. Nevermore is far greater than Disturbed can ever be.

Because Disturbed fans don't watch support bands unless they're the same kind of band as Disturbed.

JuuKun
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
02/04 - Death Angel
02/20 - Deicide (?)
02/27 - Finntroll
03/15 - Apocalyptica (?)
03/23 - Agalloch
03/24 - Saint Vitus
04/23 - Symphony X

Maiden33
01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Gamma Ray in NYC on January 28th. That's honestly all I have 100% confirmed at the moment.

JLRedWing13
01-18-2011, 11:14 AM
February is the month every band I want to see decided to come here. Devildriver, Ozzy, Kataklysm, Motorhead, Finntroll, Death Angel....

ravenheart
01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Just added Katatonia's evening with 20th anniversary DVD filming show on May 6th :D

Me: 1, the rest of you: 0 ;)

idrinkwine732
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
I am slightly concerned that the Master show hasn't showed up on my venue's website.

idrinkwine732
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM
...To go to Brutal Truth or not to go to the Brutal Truth...

IrritatedTrout
01-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Agalloch in March! :D After about 5 years of waiting.

Natrlhi
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Doomriders + Sweet Cobra + Ramming Speed + Lunglust
Feb 13, 2011
Great Scott
1222 Commonwealth Ave, Allston, MA

Fuck you, you fucking lucky Massholes. :bouville:

gabo03
01-20-2011, 10:07 AM
2/4 Destruction, Mortuary
2/18 Maya Over Eyes
3/3 Asesino (My birthday!!)
3/6 Abigail Williams
3/17 Iron Maiden
3/26 Comeback Kid

larvtard
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
I got scheduled to work next Wednesday, so no haarp for me next week (opening for Arson Anthem), but I just learned that Wormrot is coming back. :)

here's some other stuff I'm considering:
2/15 Deicide, etc.
3/12 Atheist, Revocation
3/19 Agalloch
4/15 Rotting Christ, Melechesh, etc.
4/29 Sepultura, etc.
5/21 D.R.I.
5/31 Miasmal, Mammoth Grinder, etc.

I'll probably end up only going to half of these if I'm lucky. I don't think constantly scheduling a night off from work makes the best impression. :hecho:
Damn...the year I finally get a job, all the good shows come on the weekend.

treghet
01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
3/12 Atheist, Revocation
3/19 Agalloch
4/15 Rotting Christ, Melechesh, etc.

:rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
01-21-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm seeing As I Lay Dying on Feb 19, and I just found out that Darkest Hour are playing the same venue (The Attic in Dayton) during my spring break. Two bands I've wanted to see for a while....:shred:

mastodon421
01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm seeing As I Lay Dying on Feb 19, and I just found out that Darkest Hour are playing the same venue (The Attic in Dayton) during my spring break. Two bands I've wanted to see for a while....:shred:

Enjoy man, As I Lay Dying puts on a high energy,amazing show. The show in Providence is sold out:mad:, so I will be missing this tour.

idrinkwine732
01-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Concerned about the Master show here. It's been like 2 weeks since the announcement and nothing on the Parkside's website....

NecroRob
01-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm really regretting not getting GY!BE tickets. I'm starting to get really into them. Like I can't think of the last day I haven't listened to them...

ravenheart
01-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Like I can't think of the last day I haven't listened to them...

This means you're in love ;)

ShatteredFlame
01-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Just added Katatonia's evening with 20th anniversary DVD filming show on May 6th :D

Me: 1, the rest of you: 0 ;)
Lucky, I wish they'd bring that to New York like Opeth did last year with their anniversary. LFDGD is their 2nd least favorite album for me, I'm more interested in the 2nd set.

ravenheart
01-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Lucky, I wish they'd bring that to New York like Opeth did last year with their anniversary. LFDGD is their 2nd least favorite album for me, I'm more interested in the 2nd set.

I've got Paradise Lost's 'Draconian Times' anniversary show a month before too. Hells yes :D

ShatteredFlame
01-23-2011, 01:55 PM
That's cool, I'm not really into them so I don't really care too much.

A great lineup is coming on Wednesday and right now I feel like absolute shit, I'm incredibly sick. I've been trying to call the venue about age limit policies and that has got me extremely nervous (calling every hour but no luck reaching them), I have social anxiety disorder so even something as simple as calling up a stranger who I will probably never meet is a challenge for me. Part of me wishes for snow, hopefully leading to a rescheduling on a better date. But I probably can't get my dad to take off of work any way :eyes:. Any way, thanks for reading if you did. Writing (both online and in a journal) does help me relieve anxiety.

larvtard
01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I have social anxiety disorder so even something as simple as calling up a stranger who I will probably never meet is a challenge for me.

Same on both counts. I wish I could give you some tips on the calling thing but I'm still kinda bad with that myself :hmm:

TonyD
01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Nothing on my plate for months unless I can get Ozzy tickets for dirt cheap. Time to get a band together.

bt11763
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
all of the below plus:

3/9- Atheist
3/25- Saint Vitus
4/28 or 30- Down
5/3- Protest the Hero
5/11- Destruction
5/26- MDF

:hecho:

ravenheart
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Updated:

February
12 - Murderdolls
13 - Nomad Son + Iron Void + Mortalicum + The Prophecy
16 - Rob Zombie

March
3 - Overkill + Destruction + Heathen + After All
5 - Fu Manchu
9 - Lazarus A.D. + Bonded By Blood
17 - Accept + Wolf
28 - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

April
1 - Paradise Lost 'Draconian Times' show
12 - King's X
28 - Blood Ceremony + Ghost

May
6 - Katatonia 'Evening with' show
21 - Blaze Bayley

June
8-11 - Sweden Rock Festival

July
12 - The Black Crowes
13 - The Black Crowes
23-24 - High Voltage Festival

August
5 - Iron Maiden

ChildrenofSodom
01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Enjoy man, As I Lay Dying puts on a high energy,amazing show. The show in Providence is sold out:mad:, so I will be missing this tour.

Just got my tickets. I've been watching videos, and they look insane live.

idrinkwine732
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Just found out Heathen is 21+...

First show of 2011 postponed even further :(

treghet
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
all of the below plus:

3/9- Atheist
3/25- Saint Vitus
4/28 or 30- Down
5/3- Protest the Hero
5/11- Destruction

:hecho:

How does your wallet survive?? Lot's of awesome shows though. I'd probably be attending most of them as well.

ShatteredFlame
01-27-2011, 06:20 AM
I'm planning this:
2/18 - Yann Tiersen (got tix)
2/24 - Weedeater OR 2/26 - Finntroll (I want Weedeater but if I can't make it, I guess I'll experience my first folk metal show)
3/18 - GY!BE (got tix)
3/22 - Agalloch (got tix)
3/25 - Metalalliance (really would love to go to this but 3 concerts in a week may be tough)
4/6 - Explosions in the Sky (really great lineup, but its at Radio City Music Hall...on a random wednesday....)
4/22 - Mogwai (got tix)
4/28 - Down (hopefully the lineup isn't shitty)
5/26-5/29 - MDF - (May is very hard for me to decide on shows because I graduate and I will wind up going to a lot of parties rather than concerts, but I think I'm safe for MDF weekend for now)

bt11763
01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
How does your wallet survive?? Lot's of awesome shows though. I'd probably be attending most of them as well.

it doesn't :lol:

D:

fuck forgot to add deathfest too

but honestly not all of these are gonna happen, i have tickets purchased already for only a few, and there's some where i am absolutely not missing it. but usually they get scratched off, especially if you don't see a gig report on here :lol:

haven't done one in a while, need to get on that.

DethMaiden
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Well, aside from the concerts in my signature, looks like I'm gonna be going to the following games:

Timberwolves @ Pacers - February 11th
Marlins @ Reds - April 30th (Joey Votto MVP bobblehead night :bliss: )

BloodoftheKings
01-29-2011, 06:23 PM
They're saying more snow for LI on wednesday. The storm better not fuck up the Death Angel show. Im really sick of the snow, the ground hasn't been clear since christmas. :bouville:

larvtard
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Their They're saying more snow for LI on wednesday. The storm better not fuck up the Death Angel show. Im really sick of the snow, the ground hasn't been clear since christmas. :bouville:

C'mon, man. I've kept my mouth shut all this time because I don't want to be that annoying grammar Nazi who corrects people at every single opportunity, but I've seen you make that same exact mistake at least 50 times now. I honestly doubt it's a case of laziness (for example: saying Im instead I'm) on your part, too.

BloodoftheKings
01-29-2011, 06:34 PM
C'mon, man. I've kept my mouth shut all this time because I don't want to be that annoying grammar Nazi who corrects people at every single opportunity, but I've seen you make that same exact mistake at least 50 times now. I honestly doubt it's a case of laziness (for example: saying Im instead I'm) on your part, too.

I've always sucked with there/their/they're. My grammar is decent otherwise.

larvtard
01-29-2011, 06:47 PM
I've always sucked with there/their/they're. My grammar is decent otherwise.

Ah, okay. well...
Their is possessive- you use it when you're describing the possession(s) of multiple people. ("Their motorbikes")
They're is easy- just imagine yourself saying "They are." Simple as that. ("They're going to the show")
and There doesn't have anything to with They. No further explanation needed. ("The motorbikes are there at the show")

Indestructible, you better be reading this ;)

BloodoftheKings
01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Ah, okay. well...
Their is possessive- you use it when you're describing the possession(s) of multiple people. ("Their motorbikes")
They're is easy- just imagine yourself saying "They are." Simple as that. ("They're going to the show")
and There doesn't have anything to with They. No further explanation needed. ("The motorbikes are there at the show")

Indestructible, you better be reading this ;)

makethemsuffer12
01-29-2011, 08:22 PM
They're saying more snow for LI on wednesday. The storm better not fuck up the Death Angel show. Im really sick of the snow, the ground hasn't been clear since christmas. :bouville:

Fuck us. :bouville:

I still don't know if I want to go to that or not. I mainly want to see Lazarus A.D., and I can't say that I'm a huge DA fan.

BloodoftheKings
01-29-2011, 08:30 PM
and I can't say that I'm a huge DA fan.
They didn't really wow me when I listened to some of their songs but I became a big fan when I saw them open for Soilwork. If you do go I suggest you stay for DA, they're really good live.

makethemsuffer12
01-29-2011, 08:33 PM
They didn't really wow me when I listened to some of their songs but I became a big fan when I saw them open for Soilwork. If you do go I suggest you stay for DA, they're really good live.

I would definitely stay for them, but the cheap bastard side of me is holding me back a bit haha. And if it snows there is no way I'm going, considering Patchogue isn't exactly around the corner from Dix Hills.

larvtard
01-29-2011, 08:35 PM

I can attest to that. Amazing live band.

I used to really want to see Lazarus A.D. live, but after listening to their new album :sick:

makethemsuffer12
01-29-2011, 08:43 PM

I used to really want to see Lazarus A.D. live, but after listening to their new album :sick:

I love their new album. :(

It's obviously very different from The Onslaught and borrows from bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall in some places, but it's still a solid album. Catchy as fuck too, I've had those choruses stuck in my head for the last couple of weeks (though that is probably a turnoff to a lot of metal fans). It's still worth it to see them live, they're very good.

larvtard
01-29-2011, 08:50 PM

It's obviously very different from The Onslaught and borrows from bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall in some places, but it's still a solid album. Catchy as fuck too, I've had those choruses stuck in my head for the last couple of weeks (though that is probably a turnoff to a lot of metal fans). It's still worth it to see them live, they're very good.

Well, The Onslaught was pretty groovy/metalcore-ish as well. I just despise the clean vocals on this one. Also, they watered down the thrash way too much. It almost sounds like Godsmack doing thrash.

BloodoftheKings
01-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Well, The Onslaught was pretty groovy/metalcore-ish as well. I just despise the clean vocals on this one. Also, they watered down the thrash way too much. It almost sounds like Godsmack doing thrash.

Where did you guys hear it? I cant bit torrent it for what ever reason.

Akumu
01-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Officially purchased tickets for Eluveitie next Thursday. Yay.

Dear snow: we already have over 2.5 feet of you out there. PLEASE STAY AWAY. :snivel:

ravenheart
01-30-2011, 03:16 AM

The new Lazarus A.D. has not impressed me either.

JuuKun
01-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Mattias "IA" Eklundh of Freak Kitchen is doing a clinic in Byfield, MA on May 14th :party: Their website mentions that they're planning a US tour for September, too.

makethemsuffer12
01-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Where did you guys hear it? I cant bit torrent it for what ever reason.

Well I got it from a friend who downloaded it, but I'm pretty sure it's streaming on some website as well. Just don't go in expecting The Onslaught pt. 2.

bt11763
01-30-2011, 06:09 PM
I would definitely stay for them, but the cheap bastard side of me is holding me back a bit haha. And if it snows there is no way I'm going, considering Patchogue isn't exactly around the corner from Dix Hills.

nigga i drive to dix hills every day for school

ChildrenofSodom
01-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Dix Hills? Is that near Tit Peak and Vagina Valley?

BloodoftheKings
01-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Dix Hills? Is that near Tit Peak and Vagina Valley?

No, it's closer to the Anus Mountains.

treghet
01-30-2011, 07:24 PM
No, it's closer to the Anus Mountains.

Anus Caverns would have been better ;)

makethemsuffer12
01-31-2011, 05:59 AM
nigga i drive to dix hills every day for school

Nigga I don't drivesss yet. (Failed my road test twice, don't judge :()

bt11763
01-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Nigga I don't drivesss yet. (Failed my road test twice, don't judge :()

bummer dude, it happens though. just keep cool during it and you should be fine

but yes i live in the anus caverns

powerslave_85
02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
It's not music, but I'm strongly considering driving down to Anchorage in April to see Patton Oswalt.

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Death Angel got cancelled :bouville:

makethemsuffer12
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Death Angel got cancelled :bouville:

Ahh that sucks dude. Fucking weather. But hey hurry up and catch a train and you can make it to Eluveitie haha.

ravenheart
02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
but yes i live in the anus caverns

Dude, there are much subtler ways of coming out. Just start listening to power metal and AOR all day ;)

makethemsuffer12
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Dude, there are much subtler ways of coming out. Just start listening to power metal and AOR all day ;)

:lol:

On the topic of the thread, I might go see Joe Lynn Turner play at the Crazy Donkey on the 12th with my dad. Hopefully he does a good amount of Rainbow, maybe even song HTP tracks.

ShatteredFlame
02-02-2011, 02:43 PM
LOL I just found out Ill Nino is playing Club Karma next saturday, who's going?

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Club loaded is pissing me off, they relocate every show thats originally supposed to be at the donkey to karma. If that show was still on course to be held at the donkey then it probably wouldn't have been cancelled.

ShatteredFlame
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
The Crazy Donkey canceled the Immolation/Vader show back in September for a storm watch. And nothing happened.

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2011, 04:51 PM
The Crazy Donkey canceled the Immolation/Vader show back in September for a storm watch. And nothing happened.

They're reason for cancelling the show was that last nights ice storm caused a power outage at the venue.

ShatteredFlame
02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, you ever been to Karma? That place is ready to collapse.

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Well, you ever been to Karma?

no

slapguitarer
02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I, Of the Storm
Hatch
Fear the Fiasco

:rocker:

Sepultura69
02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Hmmmmm contemplating if i should still go see Death Angel at the Chain Reaction :hmm:

I'm already seeing them at Scion rock fest, I donno if I still wanna go to this. Especially since Chain Reaction is a 15 and younger club for highschoolers. Pretty strict venue, has to be closed by 11:30pm....12am at the earliest

Nothing very good about it other than that its pretty fuckin small.:hecho:

Shadowswillfall414
02-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I might be going to unearths benefit for there ex bass players death. Other then that im going to warped tour (there are some good bands there this year ex:winds of plague and the acacia strain, plus a free ticket :D ) and mayhem fest.

larvtard
02-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Hmmmmm contemplating if i should still go see Death Angel at the Chain Reaction :hmm:

I'm already seeing them at Scion rock fest, I donno if I still wanna go to this. Especially since Chain Reaction is a 15 and younger club for highschoolers. Pretty strict venue, has to be closed by 11:30pm....12am at the earliest

Nothing very good about it other than that its pretty fuckin small.:hecho:

If you're not tight on money, I'd recommend that you go, because there may be another band you want to see that's playing at the same time as Death Angel at Scion.

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 02:59 AM

On the topic of the thread, I might go see Joe Lynn Turner play at the Crazy Donkey on the 12th with my dad. Hopefully he does a good amount of Rainbow, maybe even song HTP tracks.

He usually does a good spread of stuff. And his solo albums have been half-decent of late anyway.

makethemsuffer12
02-03-2011, 01:43 PM
He usually does a good spread of stuff. And his solo albums have been half-decent of late anyway.

Coolio. Does he do any Slaves & Masters material? If anyone here would know about this it's you haha.

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Coolio. Does he do any Slaves & Masters material? If anyone here would know about this it's you haha.

Not that I've noticed in recent years, I must say. Damn shame too, I love that album.

Just recently though he's been doing strange sets comprised almost entirely of Rainbow and Purple songs he didn't sing on :confused:

I mean, I'd love to see him do stuff like Tarot Woman, Highway Star, MOTSM and Perfect Strangers, but it's still odd that he's doing those amongst stuff like Street of Dreams, Stone Cold and Spotlight Kid.

makethemsuffer12
02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Not that I've noticed in recent years, I must say. Damn shame too, I love that album.

Just recently though he's been doing strange sets comprised almost entirely of Rainbow and Purple songs he didn't sing on :confused:

I mean, I'd love to see him do stuff like Tarot Woman, Highway Star, MOTSM and Perfect Strangers, but it's still odd that he's doing those amongst stuff like Street of Dreams, Stone Cold and Spotlight Kid.

Yeah kind of odd, but I'm not complaining. If anything I'd rather hear those songs as I'm not familiar with any of his solo material. The Dio-era Rainbow songs could be a bit of a tribute to the man, and they're probably the freshest in his mind after doing Over the Rainbow.

ravenheart
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah kind of odd, but I'm not complaining. If anything I'd rather hear those songs as I'm not familiar with any of his solo material. The Dio-era Rainbow songs could be a bit of a tribute to the man, and they're probably the freshest in his mind after doing Over the Rainbow.

Plus, he probably thinks with such a fearsome spray-on tan he can do anything he likes ;)

makethemsuffer12
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Plus, he probably thinks with such a fearsome spray-on tan he can do anything he likes ;)

Well he is from New Jersey. :lol:

mastodon421
02-05-2011, 07:45 PM
The Unearth Benefit show in 2 weeks got changed to 21+:mad:

idrinkwine732
02-05-2011, 08:09 PM
First show of the new year on Thursday. It's been soooo long. I have six shows this month though, so I'll make up for it pretty quickly.

slapguitarer
02-05-2011, 08:17 PM
First show of the new year on Thursday. It's been soooo long. I have six shows this month though, so I'll make up for it pretty quickly.

Wasn't Brutal Truth this year?

DethMaiden
02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Next thing on my schedule is actually Timberwolves @ Pacers with my girlfriend on Friday. Best seats I've ever had for a professional sporting event, I'm pretty sure. Section 6, Row 19:

http://www.webtickets.com/Gifs/ConsecoFieldhouseBasketball_ALL.gif

Then, concert-wise, everything in my sig, with a faint question mark after Anaal Nathrakh in case I'm not in town for it. The last three are tours that I WILL FUCKING SEE that don't have dates yet.

slapguitarer
02-05-2011, 08:27 PM
You've got Enslaved/Alcest in your sig. Is that tour happening for sure, and if so, can you give me a link with all the dates?

DethMaiden
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
You've got Enslaved/Alcest in your sig. Is that tour happening for sure, and if so, can you give me a link with all the dates?

Technically still just a rumor, so no dates. Should be this fall though.

Maiden33
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Section 6, Row 19:

http://www.webtickets.com/Gifs/ConsecoFieldhouseBasketball_ALL.gif

Jeez, how much did those set you back?

slapguitarer
02-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Oh ok. Hopefully, it's more than a rumor, because that'd be a fucking sweet show.

daimonos
02-05-2011, 08:37 PM

Haven't heard that rumor, but I hope it's true. Unless it might be a European tour I'm guessing?

Also, are you going to see Rush in Cleveland for the DVD filming? I'm trying to go, I've always thought it would be cool to be at a show thats released on DVD. Plus, it's fucking Rush.

larvtard
02-05-2011, 08:37 PM
The Unearth Benefit show in 2 weeks got changed to 21+:mad:

The irony of this... :lol:

DethMaiden
02-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Jeez, how much did those set you back?

$77 for the pair! Some guy on StubHub was seriously hurting to make back a little money on tickets he couldn't use, obviously.

Oh ok. Hopefully, it's more than a rumor, because that'd be a fucking sweet show.

I've got it on decent authority. ;)

Haven't heard that rumor, but I hope it's true. Unless it might be a European tour I'm guessing?

Also, are you going to see Rush in Cleveland for the DVD filming? I'm trying to go, I've always thought it would be cool to be at a show thats released on DVD. Plus, it's fucking Rush.

I heard U.S. We never got that long-promised Enslaved headlining tour, so it's probably that.

And nah, I'm going to the Rush show in London. It would be cool to see one of the Cleveland dates but I can't really afford more than one Rush show per tour. Set me back nearly 100 clams for a ticket to the show I am hitting up.

The irony of this... :lol:

Gotta admit, lol'd a little. Sad though.

idrinkwine732
02-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Wasn't Brutal Truth this year?

I decided not to go. I was really high and didn't want to drive into Berkeley.

I've got it on decent authority. ;)

:D

treghet
02-05-2011, 10:04 PM

I hope it's true! I love both of them. :rocker: And Enslaved did say they were going to headline in the US this fall.

ravenheart
02-08-2011, 03:41 AM
So, just added My Dying Bride to my sweet, sweet run of doom band anniversary shows.

April 1 - Paradise Lost (doing 'Draconian Times')
May 6 - Katatonia (doing 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' then a second set)
May 18 - My Dying Bride

Now I need Candlemass to bring their 'Epicus Doomicus Metalicus' anniversary show to London.

Sepultura69
02-09-2011, 11:10 AM
SHIT

Death angel is playing 2 shows around me in less than two next week. One in Los Angeles at the key club which is like an hour away. The other is at the chain reaction in anahiem which is about 10 minutes away from me. The thing is... the chain reaction has a very strict curfew and the show will be done by 12am and probably a good amount of songs will have to be cut off. At the key club the venues open till like 2am-3am and I'm sure they'll bust out a full blown epic set, not to mention The Key Club is a pretty small venue as well(maybe just a tiny bit bigger than Chain Reaction, but not by much...just like a bar, a lounge and a upstairs section to lounge. But that's totally separate from the pit floor.)

:bouville:Blah

ravenheart
02-09-2011, 11:32 AM
SHIT

Death angel is playing 2 shows around me in less than two next week. One in Los Angeles at the key club which is like an hour away. The other is at the chain reaction in anahiem which is about 10 minutes away from me. The thing is... the chain reaction has a very strict curfew and the show will be done by 12am and probably a good amount of songs will have to be cut off. At the key club the venues open till like 2am-3am and I'm sure they'll bust out a full blown epic set, not to mention The Key Club is a pretty small venue as well(maybe just a tiny bit bigger than Chain Reaction, but not by much...just like a bar, a lounge and a upstairs section to lounge. But that's totally separate from the pit floor.)

:bouville:Blah

:lol: curfews here are 11pm everywhere. Stop complaining :lol:

Derelict
02-09-2011, 12:09 PM
There's supposed to be a third band on the Enslaved/Alcest US tour in the fall, one of the dudes in that band personally told me on the cruise about said tour. That's the source.

Also, that Katatonia tour sounds awesome, wish it was in the summer so i could swing it somehow

Sepultura69
02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
:lol: curfews here are 11pm everywhere. Stop complaining :lol:

Holy shit!? Really?? Are you shitting with me, man? Wow, are all the venues in England like that?....damn.. :eek:

ravenheart
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Holy shit!? Really?? Are you shitting with me, man? Wow, are all the venues in England like that?....damn.. :eek:

Not just England. Most of Europe.

mankvill
02-09-2011, 01:01 PM
There's supposed to be a third band on the Enslaved/Alcest US tour in the fall, one of the dudes in that band personally told me on the cruise about said tour. That's the source.

Also, that Katatonia tour sounds awesome, wish it was in the summer so i could swing it somehow

SODOM

Derelict
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
SODOM

No, it'll be the first band onstage

mankvill
02-09-2011, 01:29 PM
No, it'll be the first band onstage

Swashbuckle. :D

Derelict
02-09-2011, 06:58 PM

Swashbuckle. :D

It's someone I like, it's not 100% certain they're on the tour, so I don't want to say anything. Def not swashbuckle.

daimonos
02-09-2011, 07:03 PM
It's someone I like, it's not 100% certain they're on the tour, so I don't want to say anything. Def not swashbuckle.

I'm gonna take a guess and say Tyr?

DethMaiden
02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna take a guess and say Tyr?

I'd be okay with that. By far the best of the stupid weird instrument Viking bullshit bands.

daimonos
02-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd be okay with that. By far the best of the stupid weird instrument Viking bullshit bands.

I'm not a fan of folk metal but they were pretty fun when I saw them with Amon Amarth, although I did get a bit tired of them towards the end of the set, but that was probably because I was anxious for Amon Amarth.

idrinkwine732
02-09-2011, 10:20 PM
The beginning...

2/10: Finntroll/Ensiferum/Rotten Sound/Barren Earth
2/17: Eluveitie
2/20: Godspeed You! Black Emperor
2/21: Godspeed You! Black Emperor
2/25: Black Cobra
2/26: Death Angel
3/5: Scion Rock Fest
3/11: Weedeater
3/12: Dispirit
3/18: Master
4/29: Destruction/Destroyer 666
5/9: Mogwai
5/26-29: Maryland Death Fest

One or two more may find their way in there too.

slapguitarer
02-09-2011, 10:26 PM
The beginning...

One or two more may find their way in there too.

Jesus Christ, that's probably more concerts I'll go to this entire year. Needless to say, I'm jelly.

idrinkwine732
02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Master still isn't on the Parkside website. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Also, I think I'll hit up the Neuraxis/Belphegor tour, too.

RAZOR
02-09-2011, 10:33 PM
...posted this in the wrong thread at first, heh.

Gwar next weekend, then Immortal two days after. :D:D
I and many other people I imagine will still be tinted pink at Immortal. :lol:

and Wine, I'll send Abbath your love, I promise.

daimonos
02-10-2011, 07:49 AM
then Immortal two days after. :D:D

I shall see you there!

Natrlhi
02-10-2011, 08:20 AM
The beginning...

One or two more may find their way in there too.Satan's left testicle, I want to punch you right through the fucking interweb so hard. :boxer:

then Immortal two days after.
I shall see you there!
I'm trying to make it to that one as well. The fact that it's on a Monday night two and a half hours from where I live isn't making it very easy, though. Hope you crazy kids have fun regardless. :horns:

Nick_to_the_face
02-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Motorhead next week :party:
not gonna be able to make to it 3IOB :mad:

ravenheart
02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Motorhead next week :party:
not gonna be able to make to it 3IOB :mad:

Win-win after 3IOB's last album!

ShatteredFlame
02-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Master still isn't on the Parkside website. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Also, I think I'll hit up the Neuraxis/Belphegor tour, too.

The venue site for the Brooklyn show also shows nothing listed for the date Master is set to play.

DethMaiden
02-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Win-win after 3IOB's last album!

So true. Well, on the 3IOB front, I don't care for Motorhead. But dear God, save for two songs the new 3IOB sucks.

mankvill
02-10-2011, 12:55 PM
So true. Well, on the 3IOB front, I don't care for Motorhead. But dear God, save for two songs the new 3IOB sucks.

good thing those are the two they play live!

ravenheart
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
The venue site for the Brooklyn show also shows nothing listed for the date Master is set to play.

Weird, because the tour poster has those dates as well as all the others, and Lightning Swords of Death have been discussing the tour in interviews:

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/Metaltim/LSODMASTER-662x1024.jpg

daimonos
02-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Weird, because the tour poster has those dates as well as all the others, and Lightning Swords of Death have been discussing the tour in interviews:

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/Metaltim/LSODMASTER-662x1024.jpg

Uh oh, LSOD are coming to Pittsburgh. Fuck yeah! Master is awesome as well, but I still need to pick up their stuff. Mobile Deathcamp kind of sucks though.

The show might be 21+ though, which means I'm fucked :(

daimonos
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm trying to make it to that one as well. The fact that it's on a Monday night two and a half hours from where I live isn't making it very easy, though. Hope you crazy kids have fun regardless. :horns:

I best see your ass there ;)

Natrlhi
02-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I best see your ass there ;)If I do make it to the show - which is looking highly unlikely at the moment - I'm sure as shit not showing you my ass...but thanks for playing.

daimonos
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
If I do make it to the show - which is looking highly unlikely at the moment - I'm sure as shit not showing you my ass...but thanks for playing.

Yeah that's not quite what I meant :lol:
The second after I posted it I reread it and knew someone was going to interpret it wrongly.

Let me rephrase my statement.
Come to the fucking show!

mankvill
02-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Uh oh, LSOD are coming to Pittsburgh. Fuck yeah! Master is awesome as well, but I still need to pick up their stuff. Mobile Deathcamp kind of sucks though.

The show might be 21+ though, which means I'm fucked :(

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2010/master-the-human-machine/

That reviewer really liked their newest album! :eyes:

mankvill
02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Eluveitie and 3IOB tonight!
Death Angel and Hammerlord tomorrow!
Motorhead and Clutch the 17th!
Malevolent Creation and Havok on like the 24th!
Weedeater at the beginning of March!

:lovedup:

Natrlhi
02-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Eluveitie and 3IOB tonight!
+ Death Angel and Hammerlord tomorrow!
+ Motorhead and Clutch the 17th!
+ Malevolent Creation and Havok on like the 24th!
+ Weedeater at the beginning of March!Equals Mankvill is an asshole.

mankvill
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Equals Mankvill is an asshole.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1097/wenis.gif

You're more than welcome to come with! :D

Natrlhi
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1097/wenis.gif

You're more than welcome to come with! :DIf only... :bliss:

mastodon421
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
For Sure:
3/18 Dropkick Murphys
4/16 NEMHF
5/9 Deftones/Dillinger Escape Plan
7/22 Mayhem Fest

Maybe:
2/27 Times Of Grace
4/25 Coheed and Cambria or Volbeat/The Damned Things
5/1 Protest The Hero

DethMaiden
02-10-2011, 04:17 PM
My sig just keeps getting better. :bliss:

Sunday my friend's brother is playing an acoustic show here in town, have no fucking idea what to expect except that he's supposed to be crazy.

RAZOR
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I shall see you there!

:party: Good to hear!

ravenheart
02-11-2011, 03:07 AM
My sig just keeps getting better. :bliss:

Sunday my friend's brother is playing an acoustic show here in town, have no fucking idea what to expect except that he's supposed to be crazy.

How are you not going to the Cleveland Amon Amarth show AS WELL? ;)

LAXdef16
02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Possibly The Ghost Inside and Parkway Drive in March but it's a maybe...

DethMaiden
02-11-2011, 09:26 AM
How are you not going to the Cleveland Amon Amarth show AS WELL? ;)

I will have driven to Cleveland the prior weekend to see Symphony X and it's a long fucking drive. :allan:

ravenheart
02-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Just heard Ghost are going to open for Paradise Lost on their Draconian Times tour.

That means I'll see Ghost three times this year. I mean, I liked their album but damn...

slapguitarer
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
The Periphery/Scale the Summit show ain't looking likely. :bouville::bouville:

Nick_to_the_face
02-11-2011, 10:47 PM
http://hangout.altsounds.com/geek/gars/images/2/4amonamarth.jpg

I am so fucking stoked for this :party: :party: :party:

rjturtle9
02-12-2011, 10:02 AM
After I take my beautiful girlfriend out for her birthday, I'm going to this...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/rjturtle9/164117_189083787785834_134596279901252_598645_3983 552_n.jpg

slapguitarer
02-12-2011, 11:28 AM

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/rjturtle9/164117_189083787785834_134596279901252_598645_3983 552_n.jpg

I'm jelly.

mankvill
02-12-2011, 01:27 PM

please to tell Vektor to come back with Exmortus.

idrinkwine732
02-12-2011, 01:46 PM
please to tell Vektor to come back with Exmortus.

Vektor haven't ever played San Francisco. Wait your turn.

TehSuckUpPrince
02-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I need to see VEKTOR!! Thanks for telling me about them WINE, also EXMORTUS is the shit too, wish I caught taht show.

mankvill
02-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Vektor haven't ever played San Francisco. Wait your turn.

Vektor and Exmortus have co-headlined a show in Kansas City at least twice.

:cool:

idrinkwine732
02-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Vektor and Exmortus have co-headlined a show in Kansas City at least twice.

I'm carving "mankvill" into a bullet right now.

larvtard
02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
On the topic of Vektor and Exmortus, they are streaming the aforementioned show here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-118west

TehSuckUpPrince
02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
On the topic of Vektor and Exmortus, they are streaming the aforementioned show here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-118west Oh hell yeah! Thanks for that mate! :party:

mankvill
02-12-2011, 04:03 PM
On the topic of Vektor and Exmortus, they are streaming the aforementioned show here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-118west

:party:

es156
02-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm carving "mankvill" into a bullet right now.

ravenheart
02-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Doom heaven tonight :D

Nomad Son
Mortalicum
Iron Void

:D

slapguitarer
02-13-2011, 09:05 AM

:flame:FACK! I forgot to watch it. I was at my friend's house and forgot. :flame:

larvtard
02-13-2011, 02:52 PM
:flame:FACK! I forgot to watch it. I was at my friend's house and forgot. :flame:

I missed them too. I had work this morning so I had to go to sleep after Witchaven :(

ravenheart
02-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Rob Zombie up next for me :D

idrinkwine732
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Dayan, when do Autopsy tix go on sale?

Wizzbang11
02-14-2011, 07:27 PM
First of all, in case you missed the thread it's actually Slaughter by the Water. But I only care about Autopsy.
-- The second they go on sale I'm getting tickets though, so I'll let you know.

Any news on Master?

:Edited:

TehSuckUpPrince
02-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Ke$ha in Minneapolis!!

idrinkwine732
02-14-2011, 07:35 PM
First of all, in case you missed the threat it's actually Slaughter by the Water. But I only care about Autopsy.
I have no idea, the SbtW website is stupid. The second they go on sale I'm getting tickets though, so I'll let you know.

Any news on Master?

Yeah, I only really care about Autopsy too, so from now on, it's Autopsy.

No, in fact, I'll give Parkside a call right now.

EDIT:

I just tried to look up their number on their website, and it's down...that's frustrating...

Wizzbang11
02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Arrgh, that's annoying.
(415) 252-1330
There's your phone number.

Nick_to_the_face
02-15-2011, 11:17 AM
So is everyone just gonna ignore that?

ravenheart
02-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Ignore what?

TonyD
02-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Ke$ha in Minneapolis!!

So is everyone just gonna ignore that?

No. TAR AND FEATHER HIM.

Derelict
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
My friend's band just scored the opening slot for CKY on their upcoming east coast dates...don't like CKY, but I'm gonna try to hit at least one of the shows for my friend.

ravenheart
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
No. TAR AND FEATHER HIM.

Oh, something unquoted from three posts prior. Silly me.

Nick_to_the_face
02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
No. TAR AND FEATHER HIM.

Sounds like a plan.

Oh, something unquoted from three posts prior. Silly me.

I assumed you could put 2 and 2 together ;)

Dextrimental
02-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Ke$ha in Minneapolis!!

I have gotta ask, why?

TonyD
02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
My friend's band just scored the opening slot for CKY on their upcoming east coast dates...don't like CKY, but I'm gonna try to hit at least one of the shows for my friend.

I've been listening to CKY for like half of my life and have seen them play for about 30 minutes, I hate you.

ravenheart
02-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I assumed you could put 2 and 2 together ;)

With the quickwits here, yeah... ;)

Derelict
02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I've been listening to CKY for like half of my life and have seen them play for about 30 minutes, I hate you.

That's funny, i have friends that are friends with those guys, so I've been at shows they've headlined a couple times and never actually seen them.

BloodoftheKings
02-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Ke$ha = Lady Gaga 2: Electric Boogaloo

treghet
02-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Ke$ha in Minneapolis!!

Even if you're a fan, I don't know why you would see her perform. She sounds horrible live. I saw her on Saturday Night Live... dressed in a glow in the dark suit.

mankvill
02-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Mar. 28th

Aftershock Bar

Saint Vitus
Crowbar
Kylesa
Red Fang
Howl
The Atlas Moth

omfg ofmg ofmomdfofmgofmgofmg

bt11763
02-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Mar. 28th

Aftershock Bar

Saint Vitus
Crowbar
Kylesa
Red Fang
Howl
The Atlas Moth

no helmet?

El Gordo
02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Mar. 28th

Aftershock Bar

Saint Vitus
Crowbar
Kylesa
Red Fang
Howl
The Atlas Moth

Holy fucking fuck with a sprinkling of extra fuck on top! Nice lineup.

In other news, I'm getting primed to see Motorhead & Clutch next weekend. Mainly going for Clutch, haven't seen them since like 2001 when they were opening for COC and I had no idea who they were. My mind was never the same.

idrinkwine732
02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
BB King @ the Fox in May

Excited :)

slapguitarer
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
BB King @ the Fox in May

Excited :)

Noice. I'm thinking about that one. Maybe I should tell my friend's dad about it. He fucking loves BB King.

illuminatus917
02-16-2011, 09:27 PM
According to WolverineKills, Opeth and Kylesa are confirmed for Bonnaroo this year. Should the funds find me, I might have to hit this up.

illuminatus917
02-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Upp. My bad...
If I'd realized there was a thread for this, I wouldn't have posted that...

ravenheart
02-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Right, Zombie down, some camp rock next. Europe on Saturday :D

SO much better since they got heavy about 8 years ago and stopped using so much lame keyboards.

mankvill
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Motorhead tonight. :party:

Derelict
02-17-2011, 10:51 AM

AND clutch, broski

IrritatedTrout
02-17-2011, 11:05 AM

Lucky.

mankvill
02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
AND clutch, broski

Yah! I will try and get a setlist for dem.

mastodon421
02-17-2011, 03:52 PM
4/23 Atmosphere

I am so excited, first time they have come to MA in 2 years.:party:

daimonos
02-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Gonna post this now since I'm going to be out of town this weekend.

3 DAYS UNTIL IMMORTAL AND ABSU!!!

I feel like Absu is going to rape my mind and then Immortal is going to blow my mind. I think its gonna be the most epic show I've been to since Opeth and Enslaved.

Seriously. I'm so fucking pumped.

RAZOR
02-18-2011, 10:51 AM
3 DAYS UNTIL IMMORTAL AND ABSU!!!

this. :party::party:

larvtard
02-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I feel like Absu is going to rape my mind and then Immortal is going to blow my mind. I think its gonna be the most epic show I've been to since Opeth and Enslaved.

I'm gonna say sorry in advance. Not that it's my fault or anything, I just feel sympathy for you. :(

daimonos
02-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna say sorry in advance. Not that it's my fault or anything, I just feel sympathy for you. :(

I'm not sure if I'm not getting the joke, or if you're just trying to be a prick for whatever reason.

Anyways, I was making a light hearted comment. Although I was being pretty serious :eyes:

larvtard
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure if I'm not getting the joke, or if you're just trying to be a prick for whatever reason.

Anyways, I was making a light hearted comment. Although I was being pretty serious :eyes:

Every time I've expected a show to be amazing, I've been severely disappointed. Just warning you.

Anyway, next Saturday holds three different options:

Eluveite
you know the rest of the shitty lineup...

OR

Cro-Mags
Kids Like Us
True Life
Primate
Nightwolf

OR

Withered
Spewtilator (killer local death-thrash band)

Honestly not a huge fan of either band. But I may as well go to one of them :lol:
I know that Eluveite puts on a killer show, I also know that hardcore shows are amazingly fun as well. Probably won't go to Withered, but who knows.

RAZOR
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Gwar tonight. :D

ravenheart
02-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Just had a few tentatives confirmed, so:

February

March
3 - Overkill + Destruction + Heathen + After All
5 - Fu Manchu
17 - Accept + Wolf
28 - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

April
1 - Paradise Lost + Ghost
9 - Stone Axe + Trippy Wicked
12 - King's X
28 - Blood Ceremony + Ghost

May
6 - Katatonia
18 - My Dying Bride + Ava Inferi
21 - Blaze Bayley
24 - Vicious Rumors

June
8-11 - Sweden Rock Festival

July
13 - The Black Crowes
23-24 High Voltage Festival

August
5 - Iron Maiden

Derelict
02-19-2011, 07:09 AM
^^^ Really jealous of the katatonia show

ShatteredFlame
02-19-2011, 07:29 AM
I went to Yann Tiersen last night, was pretty great but would have been better if it was at a seated venue. Plus the hipsters....WOW.

Hopefully I can make Weedeater on Thursday. I'm definetely going to Astronautalis and Sims on March 5th.

Dextrimental
02-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Thin Lizzy Thursday and TesseracT last night. Absolutely awesome pair of gigs. Lizzy are on fire, and TesseracT are one of the tightest live bands I have encountered!

ChildrenofSodom
02-19-2011, 08:50 AM
The As I Lay Dying show that I'm going to tonight is sold out. I'm hoping I can show up after most of the openers and still get a good spot. I wouldn't mind letting my frustration out on some karate kids.

idrinkwine732
02-19-2011, 09:06 AM
http://love-it-loud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Godspeed.jpg

Today and Tomorrow, Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Never been more excited in my life.

slapguitarer
02-19-2011, 02:40 PM
http://love-it-loud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Godspeed.jpg

Today and Tomorrow, Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Never been more excited in my life.

I'm jelly. Are you going to the show where Om is opening?

idrinkwine732
02-19-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm jelly. Are you going to the show where Om is opening?

You mean tonight at the Warfield?

ravenheart
02-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Europe down. Black Label Society next.

slapguitarer
02-19-2011, 05:50 PM
You mean tonight at the Warfield?

:bigfinger

Fucker sold out a few days before I was going to get tickets.

idrinkwine732
02-20-2011, 02:11 AM
:bigfinger

Fucker sold out a few days before I was going to get tickets.

Om ruled.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor ruled.
Tonight ruled.

I'll make a general chat thread later today.

ShatteredFlame
02-20-2011, 07:12 AM
3/5 - Astronautalis & Sims VS Pogo (Nick Bertke)

:bouville: I wanted to see Astronautalis for so long but I feel that Pogo is more rare. In terms of price, one is $10 and the other is $12 so no real hassle there. Both venues are decent and both start at the same time. At least I know that both would be great shows regardless of what I go to.

daimonos
02-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Every time I've expected a show to be amazing, I've been severely disappointed. Just warning you.

Oh alright, sorry for the hostility. :D

I can't really say I've ever been that disappointed because even though I get really excited before the shows, in the back of my mind I know what a live show is actually like, and that they never are as magical as I expect them to be. But then after the show I look back and I realize that I did infact enjoy it alot, so it all works out, I guess.

illuminatus917
02-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Madlib is coming to Asheville, NC. :eek:

idrinkwine732
02-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Night 2 > Night 1

Sepultura69
02-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Just got back from the Death Angel Show :D

Good Times:D

Though, we didn't get kill as one:(

Other than that the show was flawless!!:rocker:

illuminatus917
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Night 2 > Night 1

Hook us up with some set lists.

idrinkwine732
02-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Hook us up with some set lists.

I'll make a thread today, I got them both.

daimonos
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Immortal and Absu tonight.

In a snowstorm. I'm not sure why, but that makes me really happy.

daimonos
02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure why, but that makes me really happy.

I take that back. It's fucking brutal outside and I highly doubt that I'll be able to make it to Pittsburgh and back tonight, but I already bought my tickets so there's no turning back now unless it's cancelled.

I guess Immortal is just too grim and frostbitten for Pittsburgh :cool:

idrinkwine732
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I take that back. It's fucking brutal outside and I highly doubt that I'll be able to make it to Pittsburgh and back tonight

I read this sentence expecting the next words to be "so I'm not going."

Happy it's not that way.

daimonos
02-21-2011, 01:50 PM
I read this sentence expecting the next words to be "so I'm not going."

Happy it's not that way.

Yeah well now I think it is that way. There's no way I can make it, I'm 30 miles away from Pittsburgh and the highways aren't even safe.

Let me put it this way.

I am so FUCKING PISSED!!!

daimonos
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Actually my dad just said that he'll drive, so I'm really lucky. I was seriously about to break everything in my house.

IrritatedTrout
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
That's the reason I hate shows in December/January/February. I'm always afraid it'll snow and I won't be able to go.

slapguitarer
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
EDIT: Ooops, wrong thread

Sepultura69
02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! DRI is playing at the chain Reaction on may 6th!!!!

dammit!!! They're playing on the same week as Sepultura :(

I would love to see DRI at the chain reaction, especially considering how fucking small that goddamn venue is... :(

illuminatus917
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Caspian in Charlotte on March 9.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Yellowcard tomorrow night (against my will) but Accept on March 9th :rocker:

idrinkwine732
02-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Caspian in Charlotte on March 9.

The "post-rock bands you are seeing" to "post-rock bands I am seeing" was big enough as is...

:/

Have a good time though, I'd love to see Caspian.

illuminatus917
02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
The "post-rock bands you are seeing" to "post-rock bands I am seeing" was big enough as is...

:/

Have a good time though, I'd love to see Caspian.

Thanks man. I was going to drive up to Chicago to see Mogwai until I realized it was Merlefest weekend.

:(

idrinkwine732
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks man. I was going to drive up to Chicago to see Mogwai until I realized it was Merlefest weekend.

:(

I love Mogwai to death, but I would trade that show for a Caspian and an EITS show. You get the better deal.

ShatteredFlame
02-23-2011, 09:20 PM
It was my birthday, I went to the city and we decided to see a Broadway show. The American Idiot musical was playing. It was pretty good. Billy Joel Armstrong was there and sounded pretty amazing. I haven't listened to Green Day in years but I still remembered most of that album. It was a fun night.

Also it looks like I am seeing Explosions in the Sky + Low + Eluvium @ Radio City Music Hall on April 6th :D

ravenheart
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Just added to my list:

July
01 - Gregg Allman

TonyD
02-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Yellowcard tomorrow night (against my will) but Accept on March 9th :rocker:
I saw Meshuggah in your sig and thought "holy shit, how did I miss that Meshuggah is touring in America right now?"
It was my birthday, I went to the city and we decided to see a Broadway show. The American Idiot musical was playing. It was pretty good. Billy Joel Armstrong was there and sounded pretty amazing. I haven't listened to Green Day in years but I still remembered most of that album. It was a fun night.

Also it looks like I am seeing Explosions in the Sky + Low + Eluvium @ Radio City Music Hall on April 6th :D
How can you afford so many shows living in NY? Not to mention the rent is 2 damn high.

ShatteredFlame
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
How can you afford so many shows living in NY? Not to mention the rent is 2 damn high.

I live in a middle class house in Long Island, which actually is cheaper then living in apartments in the city/brooklyn. I'm still in high school and both my parents have well paid jobs, and I have a job as well.

ShatteredFlame
02-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Woah, I just got an email saying they are releasing 150 more tickets for the GY!BE shows on 3/17 and 3/18, going on sale at noon. I was lucky enough to get tickets for the 3/18 show when they first went on sale. But I'm seriously considering getting tickets for the 3/17 show since I am on vacation that week!

makethemsuffer12
02-25-2011, 06:40 AM
I live in a middle class house in Long Island, which actually is cheaper then living in apartments in the city/brooklyn. I'm still in high school and both my parents have well paid jobs, and I have a job as well.

What school do you go to? I go to Half Hollow Hills West.

ShatteredFlame
02-25-2011, 07:47 AM
St. Anthonys High School in South Huntington

makethemsuffer12
02-25-2011, 09:50 AM
St. Anthonys High School in South Huntington

lol Catholic school.

BloodoftheKings
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I always wanted to know something about catholic school. If they find out your an atheist do you get expelled or punished in anyway?

ShatteredFlame
02-25-2011, 10:35 AM
They don't care. You don't even have to be Catholic to attend. There is even this one guy in my senior class who is part of some Islamic religion and is allowed to wear a turban and have a full grown beard because his religion prevents him from removing them even though it goes against school rules.

Honestly my school is more focused on sports then religion. We get huge facilities built in just for sports. But we have such a small church.

ravenheart
02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
They don't care. You don't even have to be Catholic to attend. There is even this one guy in my senior class who is part of some Islamic religion and is allowed to wear a turban and have a full grown beard because his religion prevents him from removing them even though it goes against school rules.

Honestly my school is more focused on sports then religion. We get huge facilities built in just for sports. But we have such a small church.

Not like that here. Catholic schools are for catholics. And it is enforced.

As it should be, if I'm honest.

idrinkwine732
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM

I see Astronautalis in your sig all the time, and at a quick glance I keep thinking it's God is an Astronaut, and I flip. It's happened like 3 times over the last few days.