PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Now Watching' Thread Part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

dcmetal108
02-02-2014, 06:05 PM
A lot of people say that, but I don't get it :(
I'll need to watch it again. Not saying it wasn't good, just don't really get all the hype.

It's easily within my top 3 superhero film ever.

Watching now :

WWE 50 Years Of Sports Entertainment Documentary.

Natrlhi
02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
A lot of people say that, but I don't get it :(
I'll need to watch it again. Not saying it wasn't good, just don't really get all the hype.

Well acted, well written, compelling storyline, great FX, scary villain(s), palpable tension in the key scenes, and even some well-timed humor...what more could a superhero fan - or moviegoer in general, really - want? I loved everything about it, and still do. The origin stories for Professor X and Magneto alone are pure gold.

ravenheart
02-03-2014, 05:38 AM
The Radio Shack superbowl ad.

Definitely the real Dee Snider, and obviously the real John Ratzenberger...

Really not sure on Sgt. Slaughter and Hulk Hogan...

And who the hell even are the rest of them? (apart from Jason Voorhees, Teen Wolf, and Alf, those I know).

ravenheart
02-03-2014, 06:53 AM

The answer is yes, as they have their own ad too. As does Cliff, Alf, and Jason. All gold.

illuminatus917
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Psychosis.

ravenheart
02-03-2014, 03:03 PM
The Fog remake.

What the fucking fuck did I just watch?

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I doubt anyone here outside of Ontario ever heard of Malhavoc but here's their video for Naked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbnI9zlej8). I've seen this video so many times over the last twenty years and it still commands my full attention.

PVH5150
02-07-2014, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeVo9b25OFU

adamclark52
02-07-2014, 07:34 PM
The Radio Shack superbowl ad.

Definitely the real Dee Snider, and obviously the real John Ratzenberger...

And who the hell even are the rest of them? (apart from Jason Voorhees, Teen Wolf, and Alf, those I know).

I'm pretty sure I saw Kid N' Play in there. And it was the real Hulk Hogan at the beginning but when he was lifting something over his head it may have been a double, because he's actually really beat up right now and probably couldn't do that without hurting himself...brother.

TonyD
02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Shit I've seen recently:

Wolf of Wall Street: not Scorsese's best, but pretty fucking entertaining.
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: hot garbage
American Hustle: pretty good acting all around but seeing after Wolf of Wall Street left me a little disappointed, even if there was Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams cleavage throughout.
Don Jon: Two thumbs up

Older stuff
Blade Runner: I don't think I "got it", might watch it again
2001: A Space Odyssey: definitely more art than "movie". Awesome, got me started on a Stanley Kubrick binge...
Memento: Watched the "chronological" version immediately after finishing, pretty cool.

adamclark52
02-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Memento: Watched the "chronological" version immediately after finishing, pretty cool.

It's not uncommon to watch that movie two or three times the first weekend you see it.

ravenheart
02-09-2014, 03:52 AM
It's not uncommon to watch that movie two or three times the first weekend you see it.

Because it's the greatest movie of all time!!

larvtard
02-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm totally behind the times, but wooow.. I think Community is the funniest show I've ever seen. Seriously, I'm only on the first season but this may be funnier than the second season of Arrested Development.

BloodoftheKings
02-09-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm totally behind the times, but wooow.. I think Community is the funniest show I've ever seen. Seriously, I'm only on the first season but this may be funnier than the second season of Arrested Development.

I've been meaning to start watching that show. I've seen a few episodes on tv and it was pretty funny stuff.

Lately I've been watching the new adult swim show Rick and Morty. It's kinda like a fucked up mix of Futurama and Adventure Time.

dcmetal108
02-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Just watched the original Robocop now watching Devil.

kalfitegrdan
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
I've been meaning to start watching that show. I've seen a few episodes on tv and it was pretty funny stuff.

Lately I've been watching the new adult swim show Rick and Morty. It's kinda like a fucked up mix of Futurama and Adventure Time.

Rick and Morty is probably the best things Adult Swim has ever put out. Coincidentally, speaking of Community, they're both created by the same guy, Dan Harmon.

If you're watching Community, I'd recommend avoiding the fourth season like the plague. They fired the creator, Dan Harmon, and the quality dropped massively.

John The Drummer
02-09-2014, 07:57 PM
The Room

powerslave_85
02-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Season 2 is the best. Season 3 is hit and miss, and Season 4 is pretty bad, but I didn't hate as much as most people did. They're really back in the groove this season now that Dan Harmon is back as showrunner, though.

I haven't seen much Rick and Morty, but I like what I've seen.

illuminatus917
02-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Bitten.

kalfitegrdan
02-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Is anyone else watching True Detective? This show is ridiculously good. Some of the best monologues from Matthew McConaughey, who is phenomenal in this. I really dig the whole Southern film noir aesthetic.

illuminatus917
02-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Arizona vs. Utah

adamclark52
02-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I just saw the original, uncensored video for Nine Inch Nails' Gave Up. Pretty intense stuff. I loved it. I love the other version (with Manson and Richard Paterick) too. So it's hard to say which I like more. Probably the uncensored version.

ravenheart
02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Peacock.

One weird-ass movie.

John The Drummer
03-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Finally watched The Hobbit last night, so good!

Watching ECW: Bloodsport right now, seems promising :rocker:

300%_Density
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Wayne's World. This movie never gets old.

dcmetal108
03-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Justice League War

dcmetal108
03-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Dallas Buyers Club

smearCampaign
03-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Just started watching Saxondale yesterday. That show is pretty funny. Steve Coogan as a washed up rock roadie who's working as a pest control guy and constantly talking about his old glory days.

ravenheart
03-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Just finished watching season 5 of Supernatural. Fuck me if that wasn't the best season finale of any series ever.

adamclark52
03-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Finally watched The Hobbit last night, so good!

Watching ECW: Bloodsport right now, seems promising :rocker:

Bloodsport was probably my favorite of all the ECW DVDs.

ravenheart
03-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Nearly done watching the first season of the Battlestar Galactica remake.

General observations:

The use of "frack" as a curse word is incredibly annoying
Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff really aren't that hot
Grace Park is a terrible actress

Good show though. Definitely involving enough to continue with.

PVH5150
03-09-2014, 12:55 PM
WWF Badd Blood: In Your House

The WWE Network is the tits.

SomewhereInTime72
03-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Good show though. Definitely involving enough to continue with.

You probably won't think that by the time you finish it. ...But you'll probably finish it. It's one of those shows.

ravenheart
03-15-2014, 03:14 PM
You probably won't think that by the time you finish it. ...But you'll probably finish it. It's one of those shows.

Well, I've just finished season 2 and still enjoying it. A few plot turns that are a bit contrived, but otherwise very good.

Will leave it there for now; I don't like to burn through entire series too quickly. Leaves you with no more to look forward to :)

Now watching Twelve Monkeys. Brad Pitt's finest hour. Plus I love the fact that Simon Jones is one of the creepy future doctors, and Frank Gorshin is a psychiatrist.

SomewhereInTime72
03-15-2014, 06:34 PM
12 Monkeys is a freakin' awesome movie. :D

adamclark52
03-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Just finished Thor 2. It was pretty good, not as good as the first Thor but I liked it better than the Avengers. I really like all the parts on Asgard and all the parts with Loki but the parts on Earth bored the hell out of me. And the ending with all the interdimensional stuff was a bit confusing for my feeble mind.

kalfitegrdan
03-16-2014, 10:17 PM
My friend showed me a few episodes of Broad City on Friday and I binge watched (if you could call it that) the rest of the episodes that have aired. It's like an east coast, female version of Workaholics and I'm down with that.

I also watched Don Jon tonight. Everyone in that movie had a stupid fucking Jersey accent and I hated it. It said it was supposed to be a romantic comedy/drama, but where was the comedy? It was okay though, I guess.

TonyD
03-16-2014, 10:25 PM
I also watched Don Jon tonight. Everyone in that movie had a stupid fucking Jersey accent and I hated it. It said it was supposed to be a romantic comedy/drama, but where was the comedy? It was okay though, I guess.

Did you want a laugh track?

kalfitegrdan
03-17-2014, 02:01 AM
Did you want a laugh track?

Humor would've been appreciated.

ravenheart
03-17-2014, 03:26 AM
Re-watched The Adjustment Bureau last night. Already liked it, but enjoyed it even more the second time.

Also put a few dumber movies on in the background last couple of days. Sum of All Fears, Kiss The Girls, Changing Lanes, stuff like that.

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
My friend showed me a few episodes of Broad City on Friday and I binge watched (if you could call it that) the rest of the episodes that have aired. It's like an east coast, female version of Workaholics and I'm down with that.

So it's like a really, really, watered down version of Always Sunny? ;)

illuminatus917
03-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Black Snake Moan

Natrlhi
03-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Black Snake Moan

They've been playing the shit out of that movie on cable / dish lately for some reason. I watched it again recently because of that, and yeah...strange but good.

illuminatus917
03-17-2014, 09:20 PM
They've been playing the shit out of that movie on cable / dish lately for some reason. I watched it again recently because of that, and yeah...strange but good.

Person 1: Tell me about your first time.

Person 2: I went to visit my neighbor, walked in his house, a young half-naked blonde girl in heat chained to a radiator jumped me and the next thirty seconds were a blur.

I would love to be able to say that.

adamclark52
03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
I watched the Hobbit for the third time today with my four year old son. The first time in theaters I was caught up in the moment of ten years of build. The second time my old receiver was fucking up and I wasn't too into it. This time...the cracks really showed.

My son was in to the Dragon and the eagles.

ravenheart
03-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Just watched White Noise: The Light. Not half bad.

PVH5150
03-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Bad Lieutenant.

The Harvey Keitel masterpiece, not the Nicolas Cage snoozefest.

dcmetal108
03-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Cabin Fever 3

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Bad Lieutenant.

The Harvey Keitel masterpiece, not the Nicolas Cage snoozefest.

I actually watched the Cage one on Saturday, having seen the original. Neither are that great.

ravenheart
03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Batman Returns.

Classic.

Natrlhi
03-24-2014, 08:22 PM
I actually watched the Cage one on Saturday, having seen the original. Neither are that great.
Nah, he got it right. The Cage one sucked but the Keitel one was great.

Batman Returns.

Classic.
I didn't like much about it except for Michelle Pfeiffer. Her Catwoman is still a classic.

ravenheart
03-25-2014, 03:10 AM
Nah, he got it right. The Cage one sucked but the Keitel one was great.

I found both pretty boring as stories, but though both actors did pretty good jobs with the character. Also, the random lizard hallucinations in the Cage one are hilarious.

I didn't like much about it except for Michelle Pfeiffer. Her Catwoman is still a classic.

She's the only thing I don't like about the movie. Script is awful and her entire role in the movie serves no purpose. Sure she did it well, much darker than the Anne Hathaway one, but a waste of space in the movie. Devito's Penguin is fantastic. And I've always loved the look of both Burton's Batman movies.

Natrlhi
03-25-2014, 11:28 AM
She's the only thing I don't like about the movie. Script is awful and her entire role in the movie serves no purpose. Sure she did it well, much darker than the Anne Hathaway one, but a waste of space in the movie. Devito's Penguin is fantastic. And I've always loved the look of both Burton's Batman movies.I agree her role was somewhat unnecessary, but I just liked her in the suit. She was sexy as hell, good script or bad. That, and I thought she nailed the role in light of Eartha Kitt's portrayal of the character being the proverbial gold standard for playing Catwoman. DeVito himself did the Penguin role proud, but all of the distracting side garbage going on around him all the time just left me with a really bad taste in my mouth. It was too circus-like, which is where Joel Schumacher went horribly wrong with the two movies he did. Just awful, those were - despite Jim Carrey's take on the Riddler being damn near perfect.

Hey Joel - anyone who thinks the batsuit should have nipples on it should be hung up by THEIR nipples, coated with honey and stung to death by millions of hungry ants and bees.

smearCampaign
03-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Hey Joel - anyone who thinks the batsuit should have nipples on it should be hung up by THEIR nipples, coated with honey and stung to death by millions of hungry ants and bees.

ow2SVDpd8YA

ravenheart
03-26-2014, 03:24 AM
but I just liked her in the suit. She was sexy as hell, good script or bad.

So you like Catwoman in that movie for the same reason manks likes K-pop. Gotcha ;)

It was too circus-like, which is where Joel Schumacher went horribly wrong with the two movies he did. Just awful, those were - despite Jim Carrey's take on the Riddler being damn near perfect.

Carrey's Riddler was great if you want a cartoon Riddler, and he did do it well. Same with TLJ's Two-Face. Everything in Forever and B&R was cartoon stuff - damn those movies sucked, especially B&R. I prefer a more sinister Riddler, more like the one in the Arkham games.

Think of all the jokes we've been able to enjoy since though.

BloodoftheKings
04-02-2014, 09:49 PM
TerrorVision

I like bad horror movies, but this one kind of gave me a headache. The acting was laughably awful at times but at some points it just made me cringe. The campy effects were cool though.

powerslave_85
04-03-2014, 03:55 AM
My friend showed me a few episodes of Broad City on Friday and I binge watched (if you could call it that) the rest of the episodes that have aired. It's like an east coast, female version of Workaholics and I'm down with that. Broad City is the shit.

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 04:51 AM
What's Broad City then? Don't think we've got that here yet.

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2014, 05:08 AM
What's Broad City then? Don't think we've got that here yet.

It's basically a female version of Workaholics, if you have that. A sitcom about two women living in New York City. It's really good.

ravenheart
04-03-2014, 05:31 AM
It's basically a female version of Workaholics, if you have that. A sitcom about two women living in New York City. It's really good.

That doesn't sound really good...

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2014, 06:15 AM
That doesn't sound really good...

Yeah, I'm actually pretty positive that you'd hate it. :lol:

John The Drummer
04-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Tried watching Orgasmo but I just could not get into it, bored me, turned it off halfway though. I enjoyed the parts outside of the "filming", but other then that it was just bleh.

justinm4bama
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Who is going to watch Game of Thrones tonight?

kalfitegrdan
04-07-2014, 02:43 AM

I'll definitely be watching when I get off work in a few hours.

mankvill
04-07-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm watching Evangelion. It's the first anime I've watched in about 10 years. I've only heard great things about it and that it's so good it transcends just being popular to anime fans. So we'll see how it goes.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Just watched the new Marvel's Agents Of Shield a couple of hours ago, and I got to say it was the best episode in the series yet. Having seen the new Cap helped to, because it would have certainly spoiled some things if I had watched this first (it takes place along side it). Since the events of Cap 2 completely changed Shield, it actually helped make the series better and it really felt like it was tied into the Avengers story line. I've been a fan of the series since the beginning, and even though Nick Fury showed up in one of the first episodes, it felt to me like the only thing truly Marvel about it was the name, but this episode changes that and everything seriously changes because of Cap 2. The plot that they have now set up of "Remaining Shield members Vs. Hydra" looks to be continuing this change of keeping tied in with the movies story line, and it may end up help setting up some events for the next Avengers. I'm really excited about it and look forward to future episodes.

SomewhereInTime72
04-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Everyone. :blaze:

Natrlhi
04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Just watched the new Marvel's Agents Of Shield a couple of hours ago, and I got to say it was the best episode in the series yet. Having seen the new Cap helped to, because it would have certainly spoiled some things if I had watched this first (it takes place along side it). Since the events of Cap 2 completely changed Shield, it actually helped make the series better and it really felt like it was tied into the Avengers story line. I've been a fan of the series since the beginning, and even though Nick Fury showed up in one of the first episodes, it felt to me like the only thing truly Marvel about it was the name, but this episode changes that and everything seriously changes because of Cap 2. The plot that they have now set up of "Remaining Shield members Vs. Hydra" looks to be continuing this change of keeping tied in with the movies story line, and it may end up help setting up some events for the next Avengers. I'm really excited about it and look forward to future episodes.I DVR'ed the first few episodes of "Agents" and wasn't very impressed, but I half-heartedly vowed to try to keep watching it anyways. It never happened. I now have (had?) a bunch of episodes on my HDD and haven't watched them. I think I may have deleted them last weekend. That, or maybe I just deleted the timer to record new episodes. Either way, your post makes me wish maybe I hadn't deleted anything. Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly and it's all still there. I dunno. Gotta check when I get home. Dammit. :(

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
I DVR'ed the first few episodes of "Agents" and wasn't very impressed, but I half-heartedly vowed to try to keep watching it anyways. It never happened. I now have (had?) a bunch of episodes on my HDD and haven't watched them. I think I may have deleted them last weekend. That, or maybe I just deleted the timer to record new episodes. Either way, your post makes me wish maybe I hadn't deleted anything. Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly and it's all still there. I dunno. Gotta check when I get home. Dammit. :(

if you have lost them you should be able to find them online somewhere,, I highly recommend watching it. The first thirteen episodes or so aren't as tied into the movie story line as the latest two are, but definitely watch them to get familiar with everything and know the show plot. The show definitely knows how to keep you guessing.

ravenheart
04-09-2014, 12:24 PM
I still record Agents of Shield, but it's background light entertainment at best. The 4400 and Sanctuary pretty much already did everything it's doing.

Natrlhi
04-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Two very different opinions. Interesting. At any rate, I should be able to find the lost episodes somewhere online if I really want them, as has been said, and I remember thinking that, so chances are they're deleted. Now I have to decide whether it's worth downloading them or not, or maybe just check out the show in mid-stream right now to see if I find it interesting or not. I'll probably do that.

dcmetal108
04-09-2014, 02:42 PM
House MD

ravenheart
04-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Two very different opinions. Interesting. At any rate, I should be able to find the lost episodes somewhere online if I really want them, as has been said, and I remember thinking that, so chances are they're deleted. Now I have to decide whether it's worth downloading them or not, or maybe just check out the show in mid-stream right now to see if I find it interesting or not. I'll probably do that.

I'm really hoping that in a few months time the sentence "Gotham: what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should have been" will be true.

Natrlhi
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm really hoping that in a few months time the sentence "Gotham: what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should have been" will be true.

:agree: Indeed.

EDIT: ...and yeah, I deleted the timer and all the episodes. :bouville:

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-09-2014, 08:14 PM

I get what you're saying, but I really think this last episode has finally shown us how the show should be. Not to mention my love for the show is probably also do to that fact how there is barely anything else on TV that I actually like to watch (seems like it's nothing but crime shows and Big Bang Theory, and I don't like either).

kalfitegrdan
04-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Throwing in my opinion. I loved the pilot episode, but episodes 2-5 almost made me give up on the show because it was getting bland and procedural. Episode 6 really cemented the show as a weekly fixture for me. I thought that episode showed quite a bit of character development and emotion. The show has been great from there. Especially when it really gets into its groove and reveals the over-arcing plot of it all and forsakes the "bad guy of the week" trope.

kalfitegrdan
04-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Not to mention my love for the show is probably also do to that fact how there is barely anything else on TV that I actually like to watch (seems like it's nothing but crime shows and Big Bang Theory, and I don't like either).

You're fucking crazy. There's so many great shows. Too many in fact.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-10-2014, 07:25 AM
You're fucking crazy. There's so many great shows. Too many in fact.

Maybe I am crazy, but everything I've seen advertised doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

PVH5150
04-10-2014, 07:41 AM
You need Netflix and/or Amazon Instant.

Rescue Me
Nip/Tuck
Justified
The Shield
House of Cards
Hemlock Grove
Lilyhammer
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Don't get me started on how many awesome shows got cancelled before they should've (I'm looking at you, Deadwood.)

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-10-2014, 08:11 AM

Rescue Me
Nip/Tuck
Justified
The Shield
House of Cards
Hemlock Grove
Lilyhammer
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Don't get me started on how many awesome shows got cancelled before they should've (I'm looking at you, Deadwood.)
Absolutely not, I hate anything zombie related.

Dextrimental
04-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Marvel Agents of Shield lost me after 4 episodes. Such bland characters and the plot was going nowhere. I'll be forcing myself through it for the Captain America tie-in now, but yeah, not big in my book.

I'm still catching up on Supernatural. True Detective is monumental altogether. So much great television these days, you're spoiled for choice, especially with everything televised in the last forty years available for complete download or streaming.

ravenheart
04-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Absolutely not, I hate anything zombie related.

Another typically generalistic, stubborn statement from you :tp:

Rescue Me
Nip/Tuck
Justified
The Shield
House of Cards
Hemlock Grove
Lilyhammer
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead

Yep, all of this. Except Nip/Tuck. That's a soap for middle-aged women.

So much new and recent stuff.

The Wire
Game of Thrones
Supernatural
Southland
The Job
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
Sons of Anarchy
The Musketeers (you may not have this in the US yet)
Orphan Black
Utopia
The West Wing
Suits
Castle
The Mentalist
Psych
The Sopranos
The Newsroom
Ray Donovan
Boardwalk Empire
Prison Break
The Hour
The Blacklist
True Detective
Bates Motel
Grimm
Dexter
Vikings
Luther
The Borgias
The Following
Blue Bloods
Touch
Lie To Me
In Treatment

Seriously...

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Another typically generalistic, stubborn statement from you :tp:

and?

ravenheart
04-10-2014, 08:50 AM
and?

And stop highlighting your stupidity, closed-mindedness and ignorance.

Dextrimental
04-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Settle down you two.

WindAndTheYoung - Give Game of Thrones a go. It's a gritty, more realistic fantasy series. Your undying love for Tolkien adaptations should find some good stuff to latch onto. Just remember it's meant to be much darker and more about the characters and you should dig it. Give some other stuff that isn't Walking Dead on these lists a go, too. Stuff like Supernatural and The X-Files should tickle you a little bit with the serialized story-telling.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-10-2014, 09:17 AM

I'll do what I want to.

And I'm actually considering giving Game Of Thrones a go, and Sean Bean is in it so that further makes it interesting for me to watch.

ravenheart
04-10-2014, 09:28 AM
I'll do what I want to.

Adding "brat" to your repertoire now as well? ;)

And I'm actually considering giving Game Of Thrones a go, and Sean Bean is in it so that further makes it interesting for me to watch.

Not for very long. Don't get too excited.

dcmetal108
04-10-2014, 09:28 AM

This.

I'll do what I want to.

Make sure to watch Game Of Thrones with you parents so they can cover your eyes each time a pair of tits or a sex scene happens.

ravenheart
04-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Make sure to watch Game Of Thrones with you parents so they can cover your eyes each time a pair of tits or a sex scene happens.

Aren't there some things that are a bit like zombies in season 1 too?

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Adding "brat" to your repertoire now as well? ;)

Not for very long. Don't get too excited.

adding? :lol:

mankvill
04-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Watch Breaking Bad gosh darn

mankvill
04-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Episode 19 of Neon Genesis Evangelion thoroughly fucked me up

Dextrimental
04-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Oh Manks, that's not even the half of it! Been years since I've seen Evangelion, and I was a very regular drinker when I did, but yeah, it's a mindfuck of a show.

kalfitegrdan
04-11-2014, 02:12 AM
I'll do what I want to.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/122010/1291371993_cartman-whateva-i-do-what-i-want.gif

illuminatus917
04-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Super 8

This film was a few minutes away from being a classic.

mankvill
04-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Super 8

This film was a few minutes away from being a classic.

Loved it!

kalfitegrdan
04-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Did anyone watch the Fargo show? The pilot was pretty amazing. Billy Bob Thornton's character is complete chaos. Also, Martin Freeman with a Minnesota accent is pretty hilarious.

I also started watching the CW show The 100. I'm digging it so far as long as I ignore the typical CW relationship bullshit. It's like a mix of Battlestar Galactica and Wall-E that's marketed for the age group between those two.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-17-2014, 03:39 PM
My friend has been telling over and over again to watch Once Upon A Time, so I started it a few days ago and I love it. But, let me guess, it's a show everyone here thinks sucks, am I correct?

ravenheart
04-17-2014, 04:53 PM
My friend has been telling over and over again to watch Once Upon A Time, so I started it a few days ago and I love it. But, let me guess, it's a show everyone here thinks sucks, am I correct?

It doesn't suck (mostly because Robert Carlysle is fantastic in it) but it's more light background entertainment. Not particularly taxing or involving.

ravenheart
04-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Did anyone watch the Fargo show? The pilot was pretty amazing. Billy Bob Thornton's character is complete chaos. Also, Martin Freeman with a Minnesota accent is pretty hilarious.

I also started watching the CW show The 100. I'm digging it so far as long as I ignore the typical CW relationship bullshit. It's like a mix of Battlestar Galactica and Wall-E that's marketed for the age group between those two.

Fargo starts here on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

I think The 100 starts in May or June.

TheWildAndTheYoung
04-17-2014, 05:02 PM
It doesn't suck (mostly because Robert Carlysle is fantastic in it) but it's more light background entertainment. Not particularly taxing or involving.

Rumpel is my favorite character :D

And I just finished the second season on Netflix, and I realize now I should have waited, considering I got at least two months until I'm able to start on the third and I'm already dying to see what happens.

kalfitegrdan
04-17-2014, 11:33 PM

Pretty much exactly sums up my view of it. I'm still in the first season though.

ravenheart
04-20-2014, 06:41 PM
This weekend:

The Dictator
Deadfall
Welcome To The Punch
Taken 2
Madagascar 3

dcmetal108
04-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Californication Season 5

mankvill
04-23-2014, 11:12 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone

on blu-ray!

ravenheart
04-27-2014, 05:54 AM
The Unit season 1.

I like the Unit guys themselves, but fuck me the wives are annoying. Also, needs more missions, less soup opera.

illuminatus917
04-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Just watched The Grey for the first time. :wow:

It's nice to see a film every once in a while that doesn't have god showing up at the end.

ravenheart
05-01-2014, 02:36 PM
The Other Guys. Funny so far.

smearCampaign
05-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Just watched The Grey for the first time. :wow:

It's nice to see a film every once in a while that doesn't have god showing up at the end.

Good movie. Joe Carnahan can be kind of hit or miss. I liked Narc, Smokin' Aces was a mess but still entertaining and I never saw that A-Team movie. I think Blood, Guts, Bullets, and Octane might be my favorite thing he's done.

dcmetal108
05-01-2014, 06:04 PM
47 Ronin

PVH5150
05-04-2014, 09:15 AM
We're The Millers

One of the funnier movies I've seen in this decade.

dcmetal108
05-04-2014, 05:21 PM
WWE Extreme Rules 2014

DisposableJustice
05-05-2014, 07:53 PM
So since I enjoyed Captain American Winter Solider, my friends have been saying to watch Agents of SHIELD; anybody here recommend it?

Datjazzfusion
05-05-2014, 08:15 PM

kalfitegrdan
05-05-2014, 09:03 PM
So since I enjoyed Captain American Winter Solider, my friends have been saying to watch Agents of SHIELD; anybody here recommend it?

Definitely. In my opinion, it doesn't really get engaging until the sixth episode, but after that it's been really entertaining.

John The Drummer
05-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Watched Silent Hill: Revelation tonight... ok... first off, the idea was great, but the acting at some parts seemed very awkward, and I really had no idea what was going on throughout most of the movie....

hb420
05-07-2014, 02:17 AM
:wow: Just finished watching The Sacrament. Easily Ti West's best film yet, an all around creepy dark tense thriller based on The Jonestown Massacre.

ravenheart
05-07-2014, 03:13 AM

Meh. It's not that great. And nothing like the movies... your friends have really just made the "it's also Marvel" link there.

ravenheart
05-07-2014, 03:14 AM
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - loved it
The Wolverine - meh
Ted - not bad

Natrlhi
05-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Ted made me laugh in a few places where I really shouldn't have. It's one of those "so bad it's good" kind of movies.

John The Drummer
05-07-2014, 09:28 AM
I thought Ted was a HUGE let own :(
It definitely had its moments, but I was really expecting a lot more.

And The Wolverine... MEH!? JEESH! I thought that movie was one of the better X-Men and X-Men Related Accessories that they've released. Especially after Origins :lol:

PVH5150
05-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Must be a Boston thing. Ted was fucking hysterical.

illuminatus917
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
The Island.

ravenheart
05-09-2014, 03:30 AM

And The Wolverine... MEH!? JEESH! I thought that movie was one of the better X-Men and X-Men Related Accessories that they've released. Especially after Origins :lol:

Yeah, Ted had some very good parts, but generally it was just a standard rom com with a talking teddy bear. I was hoping for much sharper jokes.

Didn't think The Wolverine was a particularly great story, with a pretty shoddy attempt at trying to squeeze Silver Samurai into it.

SomewhereInTime72
05-09-2014, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzDR4HdbKI

I don't understand.

ravenheart
05-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Out of The Furnace.

ravenheart
05-10-2014, 01:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzDR4HdbKI

I don't understand.

Marty Friedman developed a creepy Japanese obsession about 20 years ago... what's not to get?

larvtard
05-10-2014, 02:23 PM

you.. were expecting what from seth macfarlane? :lol:

John The Drummer
05-13-2014, 08:38 AM

I'm a fan of most of his stuff :)

So I started watching Voume 2 of the X-Men Animated Series last night, not that great of episodes, but I'm stoked for the upcoming episodes on it (Phoenix Saga) :rocker:

kalfitegrdan
05-13-2014, 10:36 PM

Some of his stuff is alright. I just watched Ted yesterday and it was pretty bad. The whole Sam Jones scene was great though. Mark Wahlberg sucks in about 95% of the movies he's in and this was no different.

Natrlhi
05-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Some of his stuff is alright. I just watched Ted yesterday and it was pretty bad. The whole Sam Jones scene was great though. Mark Wahlberg sucks in about 95% of the movies he's in and this was no different.

Of course Wahlberg sucked, but a very realistic, animated teddy bear with the voice of Peter Griffin drinking, fighting, doing drugs and banging chicks is pretty damn funny if you ask me.

That, and Mila Kunis is always a nice bonus.

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Mark Wahlberg sucks in about 95% of the movies he's in and this was no different.

Makes me worry for the new Transformers movie :(
I know the movie series gets a ton of heat as whole, but I am going to pull a TWATTY on this and say I actually really enjoy them. The first one not so much, but the two sequals were quite enjoyable, IMO.

Natrlhi
05-15-2014, 06:53 AM
The first one not so much, but the two sequals were quite enjoyable, IMO.:lol: The first one was the only one that I somewhat liked, although I admit I've only seen snippets of the third one. The second one was ridiculous, especially those stupid Ghettobots. :rolleyes:

In other news, I watched "Don Jon" the other night with my wife because we were bored (for a change) and there wasn't anything else on Netflix we were interested in. Turns out it wasn't too bad. Lots of eye candy, a somewhat interesting story, some pretty funny scenes, and oh my fuck Scarlett.

Nater
05-15-2014, 09:09 AM
I am fucking stoked for the new TF movie. Everytime one comes out I revert to my childhood mode and just want to jump up and down and scream for joy then pretend I'm Optimus and shoot bitches

John The Drummer
05-15-2014, 09:25 AM
:lol: The first one was the only one that I somewhat liked, although I admit I've only seen snippets of the third one. The second one was ridiculous, especially those stupid Ghettobots. :rolleyes:

:lol: I think I was just scarred because I went into the first one thinking it would be awesome, only to have it killed by Megan Fox! I went into the second one knowing what to expect, then the third I honestly thought was just great, likely because my expectations were so low already :)

ravenheart
05-15-2014, 09:26 AM
:lol: I think I was just scarred because I went into the first one thinking it would be awesome, only to have it killed by Megan Fox! I went into the second one knowing what to expect, then the third I honestly thought was just great, likely because my expectations were so low already :)

Third is my favourite also.

Natrlhi
05-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I've heard the third one is good. I'll probably have to check it out sometime.

ravenheart
05-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I've heard the third one is good. I'll probably have to check it out sometime.

"Good" might be a bit strong... it's fun in a spectacular blockbuster kind of way, which is all I've really wanted from any of them, but the first two managed to be lame at the same time.

adamclark52
05-16-2014, 12:05 PM
My son's been big into the original Transformers the past week so I decided to show him the first movie.

My god, it sucks.

Dextrimental
05-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Third is easily the worst in my opinion, first and second manage some dumb fun, at least.

John The Drummer
05-16-2014, 12:59 PM
My son's been big into the original Transformers the past week so I decided to show him the first movie.

My god, it sucks.

Well when you watch the original Transformers before the first movie, then of course you're going to think it's terrible! :lol:

adamclark52
05-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Well when you watch the original Transformers before the first movie, then of course you're going to think it's terrible! :lol:

I don't remember the movie being THAT terrible. But yeah, Megan Fox. How can a girl so hot be so unbearable to watch?

John The Drummer
05-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Been watching Volume 2 of the X-Men cartoon series... and I must say...

If you were to replace every time they say "Mutant" with "The N word" or any other racial slur, it definitely goes back to the civil rights movement, and a lot of it really makes historical sense as well... kinda creepy.

ravenheart
05-23-2014, 03:06 AM
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/6471

adamclark52
05-23-2014, 10:27 AM
I caught the last forty-five minutes of Transformers: Dark of the Moon today. Wheeljack was always one of my favorites, so the first time I see him is when he's getting his head blown off...I didn't like that.

The lack of human deaths was pretty stupid too.

And the girl...ew...

John The Drummer
05-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Finished up Volume 2 of the X-Men animated series. It was pretty good, overall! Started a tad slow, but got really good in the middle... but sadly I kinda fell off during the Phoenix Saga. Volume 3 has the Dark Phoenix Saga, adn I remember that one being a bit more enjoyable. It was still an overall great collection! So many memories!

Also been watching WWE: The Best of Raw After The Show. It's so great. So fucking funny as well. It was great re-watching "The Undertake-A-Rooni" segment again (filmed here in Seattle), and the segments where The Rock was a heel and would say "Now now, I'm the bad guy, don't cheer for me...." and would give a little kid in the front row a shirt or something. Just love when they break character!

adamclark52
05-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Metalsucks is doing their top 66.6 most metal movie scenes or whatever and the Monkey Brain scene from Faces of Death was on there. I tried to but I couldn't do it. I couldn't watch it.

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Just finished Once Upon A Time Season 3, one heck of a finale. Can't wait for the next season!

John The Drummer
06-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Heavy Metal in Baghdad

Wow, really great movie. I know its been said tons of times, but it really makes you pay more attention to what you have and makes you realize you cannot take anything and any freedom for granted.

It was really nice to see the follow up short film as well, "Heavy Metal In Istanbul" and seeing where they went after the Baghdad fiasco. I know they live here now and have done a US tour and everything, but still just WOW to see where they came from and how risky it was to live their lifestyle.

ravenheart
06-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Just finished the second half of the first season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Totally redeemed itself for the first half.

Natrlhi
06-19-2014, 09:08 AM

Fargo starts here on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

So, did anyone else watch this? I thought it was glorious. For anybody who is a fan of the movie (which should be pretty much anyone who claims to like excellent movies), it was wicked and twisted and awesome. I just watched the season finale a couple of nights ago. Not to give away any spoilers, but I have no idea where the show goes from here. If it gets picked up again - which I sincerely hope is the case and which I couldn't see not happening - I have no idea what they will do with the story next season (you'll understand that comment when you watch it). The one thing I do know is, if it's as good as the inaugural season was, I will be tuning in for sure. :fist:

ravenheart
06-19-2014, 09:40 AM
So, did anyone else watch this?

I'll get around to it. They're all recorded.

kalfitegrdan
06-19-2014, 05:33 PM
So, did anyone else watch this? I thought it was glorious. For anybody who is a fan of the movie (which should be pretty much anyone who claims to like excellent movies), it was wicked and twisted and awesome. I just watched the season finale a couple of nights ago. Not to give away any spoilers, but I have no idea where the show goes from here. If it gets picked up again - which I sincerely hope is the case and which I couldn't see not happening - I have no idea what they will do with the story next season (you'll understand that comment when you watch it). The one thing I do know is, if it's as good as the inaugural season was, I will be tuning in for sure. :fist:

I think it was just a mini-series or if they did make more seasons that it would be with a different cast and characters.

mastodon421
06-19-2014, 06:39 PM
I think it was just a mini-series or if they did make more seasons that it would be with a different cast and characters.

As far as I know, it's is just a mini-series. As Nat said, after the finale there's pretty much no way to continue on the current story and it would be damn near impossible to do another season with a different set of characters that tied into the Fargo storyline.

Natrlhi
06-19-2014, 07:58 PM
What you're both saying makes a lot of sense. I just assumed it was a series.

Well, fuck me if it's true. That'd suck donkey balls. They really nailed it with this show.

:bouville:

Natrlhi
06-19-2014, 08:31 PM
After doing some research, it looks like it could go either way:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fargo-boss-appeals-anthology-series-695532

John The Drummer
06-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Sullivan & Son
New season, pretty fun. Really basic comedy, but fun! :D

dcmetal108
06-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Wolf Creek 2

ravenheart
06-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Wolf Creek 2

That exists?

illninoese
06-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Wolf Creek 2

What did you think? I enjoyed the shit out of it. I honestly wasn't expecting much either but they built up a lot of the established stuff from the first movie.

dcmetal108
06-26-2014, 10:05 PM
That exists?

Just came out here this week.

What did you think? I enjoyed the shit out of it. I honestly wasn't expecting much either but they built up a lot of the established stuff from the first movie.

I fucking loved it. Gory as hell and the villain was fucking fantastic.

ravenheart
06-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Hobo With A Shotgun.

Unimpressive.

PVH5150
06-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Hobo With A Shotgun.

Unimpressive.

I laughed through most of it.

Natrlhi
06-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Hobo With A Shotgun.

Unimpressive.
:agree:

ravenheart
06-27-2014, 03:37 PM
:agree:

Gave up on it.

mastodon421
06-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Hobo with a Shotgun is a demented masterpiece.

ravenheart
06-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Hobo with a Shotgun is a demented masterpiece.

Code for "pointless shit" right?

PVH5150
06-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Oldboy remake.

My hopes aren't high.

smearCampaign
06-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Behexen is about to get going on this live stream:
https://www.gander.tv/event/saint-vitus-behexen-hell-militia-prosanctus-inferi-hekseri-629-8pm-12am

:rocker:

Edit: Shit audio quality basically making it unwatchable :(

TheWildAndTheYoung
06-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Def Leppard Viva! Hysteria on Axis TV for the second time, good show.

dcmetal108
06-29-2014, 08:48 PM
WWE Money In The Bank 2014

and now THE LEAGUE!

John The Drummer
07-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Watched Thor: The Dark World recently. It was pretty good... I don't remember Norse mythology having laser guns and bazookas and Star Wars jets, but still a good movie. It definitely felt like it was just a movie to work out Thor's relationships with Loki and Natalie Portman with extra stuff thrown in, but still a fun watch!

adamclark52
07-01-2014, 02:22 PM
I've watched the first Transformers movie so many times in the last few weeks...Megan Fox is such a black hole of...everything.

Natrlhi
07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Megan Fox is such a black hole of...everything.
What a great analogy. In other words, even though you know there's nothing but emptiness and your ultimate doom inside, you are sucked in against your will and are utterly powerless to resist the process.

Yup, sounds about right.

adamclark52
07-01-2014, 07:20 PM
What a great analogy. In other words, even though you know there's nothing but emptiness and your ultimate doom inside, you are sucked in against your will and are utterly powerless to resist the process.

Yup, sounds about right.

She's in an elite group alongside the WWE and Square/Squaresoft/Square-Enix (video game company) who are the only people I know who are able to make hot, gorgeous women completely unbearable to watch. Although I don't know if she herself is to blame. Yes, she's devoid of talent. But she didn't cast herself. Is Michael Bay to blame? Or whoever the studio is that made that movie?

Who cares. The point is she is terrible.

illuminatus917
07-01-2014, 09:05 PM
For whatever it's worth, I read she was a complete bitch on set, and impossible to work with.

adamclark52
07-01-2014, 09:59 PM
For whatever it's worth, I read she was a complete bitch on set, and impossible to work with.

Yeah, I've heard that too. I was just basing my opinion on her skills as an actress. Her personality adds a whole other layer to the onion.

John The Drummer
07-02-2014, 09:16 AM
I was watching one of the "Honest Trailers" of (I think) Revenge of the Fallen on YouTube and there was a line that said something like...

"Starring Megan Fox, who has the looks of a professional porn star with the acting skills of an amateur porn star." I was in tears! :lol:

Natrlhi
07-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Shocker.

"Starring Megan Fox, who has the looks of a professional porn star with the acting skills of an amateur porn star."
RFlCD5CYAcU

illuminatus917
07-02-2014, 12:46 PM
"Starring Megan Fox, who has the looks of a professional porn star with the acting skills of an amateur porn star."

:lol:

John The Drummer
07-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Iron Man 3

Not as bad as I was expecting! I was a bit lost with who the hell these fire people were, and the post-credits scene was a bit week, but an overall good movie! I bought it for about $3 on Ebay (Used-Acceptable) and got a brand new copy :D

ravenheart
07-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Star Trek Into Darkness

adamclark52
07-07-2014, 12:16 AM
My son got me to sit down and watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen today...now I remember why I never watched Dark of the Moon.

Dear god that was a bad movie. The Transformers are cool enough but that first hour with Sam Whitwicky in university...the spazzing out (for reasons I wasn't paying attention to bother to learn)...my god..

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-12-2014, 12:45 PM
My son got me to sit down and watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen today...now I remember why I never watched Dark of the Moon.

Dear god that was a bad movie. The Transformers are cool enough but that first hour with Sam Whitwicky in university...the spazzing out (for reasons I wasn't paying attention to bother to learn)...my god..

Most disappointing movie I've ever seen, unlike a lot of people I loved the first one a lot.

Now I went to see Dark Of The Moon with the lowest expectations possible, and therefore was extremely surprised when I saw that it was a million times better than Fallen, but still not as good as the first one. This next one looks really good though.

John The Drummer
07-12-2014, 02:08 PM
I thought that Fallen was the best of the first 3 movies... and I think that was mainly because of no Megan Fox. I cannot stand her.

ravenheart
07-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Dark of The Moon wins the first three by a mile. Haven't seen the fourth yet, but am told it's about a week too long with zero plot.

adamclark52
07-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Dark of The Moon wins the first three by a mile. Haven't seen the fourth yet, but am told it's about a week too long with zero plot.

It really was a hot mess. And it was over two and a half hours long.

ravenheart
07-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Too amazing. And yeah Kristen Schaal!

http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/weird-al-yankovic-gets-tacky-with-pharrells-happy/

John The Drummer
07-14-2014, 03:31 PM

Oops, thats the one i meant :lol:

I finally found Cabin In The Woods for hella cheap, looking into watching that soon :rocker:

ravenheart
07-15-2014, 02:08 AM
I finally found Cabin In The Woods for hella cheap, looking into watching that soon :rocker:

That's been cheap here for ages. And it's godly. WATCH IT NOW!

kalfitegrdan
07-16-2014, 12:50 AM

Watch it right now! One of the best movies in years.

Did anybody check out the pilot for The Strain? It was pretty alright. Certainly an interesting take on vampyrism. Really cheesy at times, especially the dialogue. Pretty awesome cast too.

John The Drummer
07-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Been watching the Disney show Jessie (or is it Jesse?) with my ladys son quite a bit. SOOOOOOO much adult humor :lol:

mastodon421
07-16-2014, 01:30 PM
The Strain was pretty cool. The atmosphere was really eerie and they certainly hooked me with the plethora of mysterious characters and subplots they introduced (most notably the pawn shop opener and that creepy businessman.) Really intrigued to see how it progresses as the season goes on.

Anyways, just watched Vicky Christina Barcelona. Pretty good movie, but definitely not Woody Allen's best work.

TheWildAndTheYoung
07-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Been watching the Disney show Jessie (or is it Jesse?) with my ladys son quite a bit. SOOOOOOO much adult humor :lol:

My sister watches it all the time, it kinda surprises me that there is as much adult humor on it as there is considering it's a Disney show.

ravenheart
07-18-2014, 01:28 AM
Watched Colombiana and Saw II last night. Both disappointing.

Totally watching Sharknado tonight.

John The Drummer
07-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Finally watched Cabin In The Woods. Wasn't sure what to expect at first, and still kinda lost :lol: . But great movie. I really loved what they did with making the characters actual characters. The ending pissed me off, though :p

ravenheart
07-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Finally watched Cabin In The Woods. Wasn't sure what to expect at first, and still kinda lost :lol:

What?

I really loved what they did with making the characters actual characters.

What?

The ending pissed me off, though :p

What?

John The Drummer
07-18-2014, 09:50 AM
1. What?

2. What?

3. What?

1. movie within a movie?
2. dumb blonde, wholesome girl, stoner, jock, nerd
3. cloverfield

ravenheart
07-18-2014, 11:40 AM
1. movie within a movie?
2. dumb blonde, wholesome girl, stoner, jock, nerd
3. cloverfield

No, gotcha, the end is awesome and you suck ;)

John The Drummer
07-18-2014, 12:01 PM

THE PUPPETTEERS BRO!!!!!!! :lol:

By ending I meant the very very very very very end of it. The whole ending section in the facility was fucking killer! I guess "pissed me off" is a bit of an overstatement :D . I was hoping for some sort of direct sequal cliffhanger, or that old dude from the gas station returning, but as a movie it was enjoyable :D.....

ravenheart
07-18-2014, 02:21 PM
THE PUPPETTEERS BRO!!!!!!! :lol:

By ending I meant the very very very very very end of it. The whole ending section in the facility was fucking killer! I guess "pissed me off" is a bit of an overstatement :D . I was hoping for some sort of direct sequal cliffhanger, or that old dude from the gas station returning, but as a movie it was enjoyable :D.....

Haha, well I guess that was the point all the way through, none of it is actually what you think it's going to be. The ending included, since these days we always expect blatant open endings in case a sequel gets funding.

As for my viewing, Sharknado is on hold as the lightning storms we're having here at the moment are playing havok with my TV reception. So it's Zombie Hunter instead.

ravenheart
07-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Chernobyl Diaries.

An hour in, does not suck.

dcmetal108
07-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Chernobyl Diaries.

An hour in, does not suck.

Bullshit. That movie fucking sucked more dicks that Paris Hilton.

PVH5150
07-20-2014, 06:35 PM
Netflix just added 40 episodes of Forensic Files.

All they need to add now is the backlog of Robert Stack hosted episodes of Unsolved Mysteries & I'll never leave the apartment again.

kalfitegrdan
07-21-2014, 12:48 AM

This. Best ending ever.

MPF
07-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Watched Under The Skin this weekend.

Take a plot that makes no sense plus a naked Scarlett Johansson but can't see anything good, and you get one really shitty movie.

Arguably the worst movie I have ever seen.

ravenheart
07-21-2014, 02:04 PM
"Machete don' text."

moobys37
07-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Watched Under The Skin this weekend.

Take a plot that makes no sense plus a naked Scarlett Johansson but can't see anything good, and you get one really shitty movie.

Arguably the worst movie I have ever seen.

lofuckingl

John The Drummer
07-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Not much of a TV person any more (just WWE, Big Bang Theory, Hardcore Pawn, a couple other random shows) so I've been really into YouTube series'. The guys that do "Two Best Friends Play..." have had a Superhero video game marathon the last couple weeks (TheSw1tcher is their channel) so I've been watching some of those.

A lot are kinda MEH since they are more "Lets Plays" than comedy videos like they do for Machinima, but they have some really good ones as well, namely Silver Surfer :lol:

dcmetal108
07-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Not much of a TV person any more (just WWE, Big Bang Theory, Hardcore Pawn, a couple other random shows) so I've been really into YouTube series'. The guys that do "Two Best Friends Play..." have had a Superhero video game marathon the last couple weeks (TheSw1tcher is their channel) so I've been watching some of those.

A lot are kinda MEH since they are more "Lets Plays" than comedy videos like they do for Machinima, but they have some really good ones as well, namely Silver Surfer :lol:

I watch everything those guys do and listen to their podcast.

moobys37
08-08-2014, 12:23 PM
qm0gb3hZKBI

ravenheart
08-08-2014, 04:12 PM
The Return of Spinal Tap. Kind of pointless.

Never realised though that the band leader on The Late Show was Artie Fufkin, Polymer Records.

PVH5150
08-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Bill Cosby - "Himself"

Genius.

TheWildAndTheYoung
08-14-2014, 03:55 PM
The Karate Kid :party:

kalfitegrdan
08-17-2014, 11:32 PM
I watched the new Spider-Man from a few years ago and it was alright. First Spider-Man movie that I've actually semi-enjoyed. Was Peter Parker supposed to be retarded or something though? He kinda came off as that in the first part of the movie in the same way that Ryan Gosling did in Drive.

ravenheart
08-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Just finishing up the last episode of Hostages. Good series.

PVH5150
08-23-2014, 01:30 PM
All 9 seasons of Criminal Minds added to Netflix.

Goodbye life.

illuminatus917
08-26-2014, 05:14 PM
He kinda came off as that in the first part of the movie in the same way that Ryan Gosling did in Drive.

:confused: :wtf:

I watched Hellraiser 2 the other day with an infant laying on my stomach. The volume was turned up pretty high, too. Not so much as a peep.

ravenheart
08-27-2014, 02:39 AM
I watched the new Spider-Man from a few years ago and it was alright. First Spider-Man movie that I've actually semi-enjoyed. Was Peter Parker supposed to be retarded or something though? He kinda came off as that in the first part of the movie in the same way that Ryan Gosling did in Drive.

Everything about Drive was far worse than The Amazing Spider-Man... and The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't even good.

John The Drummer
08-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Watched the new Amazing Spiderman as well, it was better than I expected! I still don't like the guy that plays spiderman, but it was a good movie. And having 3 (we.ll... 2.5) enemies wasn't overload either. Gonna have to watch it again.

John The Drummer
09-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Ride Along was ok. I wasn't expecting much from it, and I'm glad I went in with that mind set :).

Nonstop was great! I bought this movie by complete accident and glad I did! Lately I've lost interest in movies at the halfway point and kinda space off and do other things while watching, but not this. I was glued to my tv from the start!

ravenheart
09-03-2014, 02:15 PM
The Devil's Whore.

PVH5150
09-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Halfway through Season 3 of Criminal Minds.

Blows the rest of the network TV crime shows out of the water (Law & Order, NCIS, CSI, etc.)

ravenheart
09-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Halfway through Season 3 of Criminal Minds.

Blows the rest of the network TV crime shows out of the water (Law & Order, NCIS, CSI, etc.)

Homicide: Life On The Street and The Shield say "fuck you".

John The Drummer
09-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Been watching Season 1 of Breaking Bad.... yeah, I see what I've been missing out on :bouville:

PVH5150
09-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Homicide: Life On The Street and The Shield say "fuck you".

I meant current ones.

And The Shield doesn't count because FX is a cable station. If we're including everything, The Wire destroys every one of them.

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 02:22 AM
And The Shield doesn't count because FX is a cable station

:hecho:

adamclark52
09-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Frozen...that movie fucking blows.

ravenheart
09-06-2014, 12:59 PM
The Cabin In The Woods. Again. Because it's awesome.

adamclark52
09-19-2014, 01:01 PM
The phrase "worst movie ever" has been used quite liberally over the years. But my sons have a movie called Air Buddies that may actually hold that title. It's based off the Air Bud franchise. Except now they talk.

John The Drummer
09-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Watched Wreck It Ralph last night. It wasn't bad. I loved the video game references, but overall it had the generic Disney storyline, but great cast of voice actors!

ravenheart
09-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Bunraku. Basically Sin City meets Scott Pilgrim vs. The World by way of Kung Fu Hustle. Pretty fun all told.

Also watched Pacific Rim. Apart from a couple of glaring holes, don't really get the dislike for it. Fun film that looks fantastic. It did highlight though that Charlie Hunnam really isn't much of an actor.

John The Drummer
09-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Also watched Pacific Rim. Apart from a couple of glaring holes, don't really get the dislike for it. Fun film that looks fantastic. It did highlight though that Charlie Hunnam really isn't much of an actor.

I saw that at Best Buy for $5, good to hear that it isn't as bad as people lead on to it being.

ravenheart
09-19-2014, 05:42 PM
I saw that at Best Buy for $5, good to hear that it isn't as bad as people lead on to it being.

It's definitely worth 5 bucks and 2 hours of your time.

adamclark52
09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm a few years behind on this guy but whatever. There are a few parts in these that drag but there are some really funny parts and edits too.

watch?v=pW_xdftOspA
I love Darth Tommy's interaction with Nahdonnis Praji (aka Mark) in this one.

watch?v=sTJxfArsrms

John The Drummer
09-21-2014, 11:10 AM
^^^ HA! That is awesome!!!!

Been having a bit of a movie marathon this weekend (well.... only going to be watching 4 o 5.....) so here's what I've watched so far....

Started off Friday night with 21 Jump Street. GREAT movie. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it had my LOL'ing so much. Ice Cube played the PERFECT angry black man. Definitely need to watch this again.

Bad Grandpa was next.... and I was very disappointed :( . The ending part (which I won't spoil) at the Beauty Pageant was probably the best part of the whole movie.

Watched the new Evil Dead last night. Not too bad, I was doing other stuff during the first 20 minutes (still watching, but just got home from practice so getting my shit together) so I didn't really catch what the whole premise was , but it was enjoyable either way. Could have been a little slower paced.

Horrible Bosses is tonight!

ravenheart
09-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Started off Friday night with 21 Jump Street. GREAT movie.

I enjoyed that too. Saw it on a plane a year or so ago. I was surprised I liked it, I expected it to suck.

Horrible Bosses is tonight!

This, however, disappointed me.

Watched Southland Tales last night. Second time I've seen it, and I still can't decide if it's really clever, or just a shit mess.

John The Drummer
09-22-2014, 09:38 AM
I was pretty stoked on Horrible Bosses! Plus it was only $5 :) I wasnt sure what to expect going in, but I came out happy! Plus, Motherfucker Jones :light:

Anyone checking out Gotham tonight? I saw the preview and it looks really intriguing!

Natrlhi
09-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I enjoyed that too...I was surprised I liked it, I expected it to suck.
Agreed. The sequel wasn't that bad either. I really expected that to suck, but it actually had its moments.

This, however, disappointed me.

I was pretty stoked on Horrible Bosses! ...I wasnt sure what to expect going in, but I came out happy! Plus, Motherfucker Jones :light:
Gotta say I agree more with John on this one. I expected it to suck mildly, but there were several parts that I really enjoyed (Motherfucker Jones being one of them). I also liked Anniston's filthy whore role (Charlie Day's character was literally scared shitless of her :lol:), and Colin Farrell's hilariously ridiculous cocaine-fiend boss. Both roles were a nice break from typical character for those two, I thought.

Anyone checking out Gotham tonight?
[raises hand]

I'm intrigued, and cautiously optimistic.

ravenheart
09-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Gotta say I agree more with John on this one. I expected it to suck mildly, but there were several parts that I really enjoyed (Motherfucker Jones being one of them). I also liked Anniston's filthy whore role (Charlie Day's character was literally scared shitless of her :lol:), and Colin Farrell's hilariously ridiculous cocaine-fiend boss. Both roles were a nice break from typical character for those two, I thought..

I think my problem with it was the best characters weren't in it enough. Farrell was awesome, but his screen time was about 10 minutes.

There's a sequel to that coming too.

Anyone checking out Gotham tonight? I saw the preview and it looks really intriguing!

I'll be looking forward to when we eventually get this. I think it starts next month for us.

Natrlhi
09-22-2014, 10:36 AM
I think my problem with it was the best characters weren't in it enough. Farrell was awesome, but his screen time was about 10 minutes.
Agreed.

There's a sequel to that coming too.
I know. The trailer makes it look potentially even better than the first one. That gag at the end with Anniston and Jason Sudeikis needing to take a potty break before getting it on with her is fucking priceless.

I'm a few years behind on this guy but whatever. There are a few parts in these that drag but there are some really funny parts and edits too.

watch?v=pW_xdftOspA
I love Darth Tommy's interaction with Nahdonnis Praji (aka Mark) in this one.

watch?v=sTJxfArsrms
:rolleyes: Those shits are so totally lame, it's pathetic. You want funny? Chad Vader is where it's at, people:

4wGR4-SeuJ0

...yeah, you're welcome.

adamclark52
09-22-2014, 11:06 AM
That was pretty funny. You can do so much with Darth Vader. Seeing people make him in to an innocent imbecile never gets old.

Natrlhi
09-22-2014, 11:27 AM
There's a whole series of those, but not all of them are on YouTube. If you do some digging, you can find them. I'd be willing to bet somebody may have bundled all of them up in a torrent somewhere, but I've never looked.

...but yeah, the all of dialog for Chad is fucking hysterical. Best Star Wars spoof series ever.

I've always L:lol:L'ed at this as well:

zeB6VhbbY_g

ravenheart
09-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil.

Not as funny as I hoped. Not bad though.

John The Drummer
09-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Watched half of Man of Steel last night and was really enjoying it, then "Gotham" came on and I decided I wanted to check that out, I got through 30 minutes and really wasn't feeling it, so I went to the Goatwhore show :lol:

adamclark52
09-28-2014, 07:13 AM
My son loves watching these youTube videos of people transforming Transformers or stop-motion of obscure Japanese toys. It makes me happy that thanks to youTube I'm NOT the biggest loser in the world anymore. (I'm talking about the people who spend weeks making these things, not my son).

He's watching one right now with some kid who spent three months building Devastator out of LEGO. The kids sounds pretty geeky but the best part is you can hear his mom and little sister talking in the background. I'm just waiting for, "MOM, WOULD YOU KNOCK IT OFF I'M BUSY!!!"

Natrlhi
09-29-2014, 07:54 AM
My son loves watching these youTube videos of people transforming Transformers or stop-motion of obscure Japanese toys. It makes me happy that thanks to youTube I'm NOT the biggest loser in the world anymore. (I'm talking about the people who spend weeks making these things, not my son).

He's watching one right now with some kid who spent three months building Devastator out of LEGO. The kids sounds pretty geeky but the best part is you can hear his mom and little sister talking in the background. I'm just waiting for, "MOM, WOULD YOU KNOCK IT OFF I'M BUSY!!!"
I gotta laugh at this one. My son is completely obsessed with Nerf guns and Minecraft right now, and he has been watching endless videos of both for months. Somewhere along the line, he figured out how to take videos with his 3DS, and he's been making his own Nerf videos and other videos of him playing PS3 games and stuff like that. He even steals my wife's iPhone and takes videos with that now and then, and he has posted one or two of these goofball videos on YouTube. He doesn't have an account, but the tablet stays logged into my account when I'm not around and so I have several videos of live metal shows that I took, interspersed with his stuff on my channel. Too funny.

Anyway, to your point, I've already heard him yelling at his brother and little sisters to stop talking during his videos. He's obviously not into editing yet as he's only in 3rd grade, so he keeps some of them that are going well aside from the interruptions and those parts just stay in the videos. There were also a few where my wife or I had come into the room where he was taking a video (unbeknownst to us) and hollered at him for something he had done, and the reprimand is right there in the middle of the video.

Yeah, our house is a fucking lunatic circus comedy show 24/7 nowadays. :clown::jester:

adamclark52
09-29-2014, 09:06 AM
I gotta laugh at this one. My son is completely obsessed with Nerf guns and Minecraft right now, and he has been watching endless videos of both for months. Somewhere along the line, he figured out how to take videos with his 3DS, and he's been making his own Nerf videos and other videos of him playing PS3 games and stuff like that. He even steals my wife's iPhone and takes videos with that now and then, and he has posted one or two of these goofball videos on YouTube. He doesn't have an account, but the tablet stays logged into my account when I'm not around and so I have several videos of live metal shows that I took, interspersed with his stuff on my channel. Too funny.

Anyway, to your point, I've already heard him yelling at his brother and little sisters to stop talking during his videos. He's obviously not into editing yet as he's only in 3rd grade, so he keeps some of them that are going well aside from the interruptions and those parts just stay in the videos. There were also a few where my wife or I had come into the room where he was taking a video (unbeknownst to us) and hollered at him for something he had done, and the reprimand is right there in the middle of the video.

Yeah, our house is a fucking lunatic circus comedy show 24/7 nowadays. :clown::jester:

That's hilarious. I probably would have done the same if youTube had existed when I was a kid.

I remember once on a family vacation taking my dads camcorder and recording all this random shit. Then there was one awesome shot where I inproperly set the camcorder on the tripod and tried to film something outside the window. You can see when you watched the video afterwards the shot pan upwards (as the camera slowly started falling backwards) then the footage of falling, the screen change to a strange broken shot when it hit the ground and then hear a thirteen year old adamclark52 just go, "oh shit...oh shit".

My dad was so pissed.

John The Drummer
09-29-2014, 04:09 PM
FINALLY watched the 2 Hobbit movies this weekend (in small chunks). I've seen the first one a couple times, but in split up chunks, so to watch it more or less all the way through (beginning where I had stopped, etc) it was much better.

I was worried at first since I am not good with long movies, no matter how many breaks I take, I just lose interest after a while, but these two really kept my attention.... especially the final 1/3 - 2/3 of Smaug. Can't wait for the final one! :rocker:

marker
09-29-2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to record it last week.