Shaft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A

dcmetal108
05-12-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A

Monkey fighting snakes on this monday thru friday plane! :lol:

kalfitegrdan
05-13-2013, 01:32 AM
I've been watching this older horror film called Begotten (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten) this weekend. It's available on youTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455ohZRdbY8).

If you've heard of it, it is one of the most abstract, surreal, fucked up movies out there. The gore and subject matter is pretty intense but it's all pretty blurred but the video quality. And that's what I love most of this movie. It looks so fucking awesome. I can't imagine watching this on anything but a ratty old VHS cassette.

The lack of sound, dialogue and what little music there is is fucking awesome too.

It's fucking creepy though. I haven't been able to sit through the whole thing yet, mainly because I watch this kind of stuff later at night by myself in the basement.

5/5/, 10/10, 100/100

Oh my god! This is the film from that one video you linked in a thread awhile ago, isn't it? I've been trying to figure out what movie this is for quite awhile. A local band had scenes from it playing in the background of their set once last year and I've wondered what It was ever since.

adamclark52
05-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Oh my god! This is the film from that one video you linked in a thread awhile ago, isn't it? I've been trying to figure out what movie this is for quite awhile. A local band had scenes from it playing in the background of their set once last year and I've wondered what It was ever since.

You're right. It was in a fan made video for Salems Trapdoor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVl4vduI8A). I was never able to make the connection either until I saw that scene this past weekend. It's my favorite scene in that video. I knew it had to be from a more current movie. It really stuck out. People weren't making movies like that in the 1960's.

And the funny thing about that scene, as disgusting as it looks the video is so distorted that you'd never realize it's probably grape jelly.

adamclark52
05-13-2013, 10:03 AM

If I had a band all the artwork and videos would be based off the style of that movie.

dcmetal108
05-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Assault On Wall Street

Dextrimental
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I've been watching this older horror film called Begotten (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begotten) this weekend. It's available on youTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=455ohZRdbY8).

If you've heard of it, it is one of the most abstract, surreal, fucked up movies out there. The gore and subject matter is pretty intense but it's all pretty blurred but the video quality. And that's what I love most of this movie. It looks so fucking awesome. I can't imagine watching this on anything but a ratty old VHS cassette.

The lack of sound, dialogue and what little music there is is fucking awesome too.

It's fucking creepy though. I haven't been able to sit through the whole thing yet, mainly because I watch this kind of stuff later at night by myself in the basement.

5/5/, 10/10, 100/100

Watched this about a year ago. Intense film. Not the kind of film you want to watch when you aren't feeling so good, you feel sort of defeated afterwards :lol:

dcmetal108
05-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Mama

John The Drummer
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Has anyone checked out "Two Best Friends Play: Star Trek" yet? It is hilarious, probably the best Two Best Friends Play of the new season so far.

adamclark52
06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
I just spent an hour watching all the cutscenes from the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy on NES. Damn that shit took me back. I haven't seen some of that stuff in over twenty years.

John The Drummer
06-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Watched Hellboy last night. I had started it on Netfilx at my girlfriends, but we never found time to finish it, so I found it used for about $4 and purchased it. REALLY GOOD. I wasn't expecting to be so glued to my TV for the full 2 hours :rocker:

kalfitegrdan
06-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Started watching Dexter tonight. Not sure if I really like it just yet. :eyes:

ravenheart
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
The Lovely Bones.

Not the work of genius I'd been led to believe.

I had started it on Netfilx at my girlfriends, but we never found time to finish it

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg56/GiggityGiggityAllRight/familyguy_quagmire.gif

so I found it used for about $4 and purchased it. REALLY GOOD. I wasn't expecting to be so glued to my TV for the full 2 hours :rocker:

Don't watch the second one if you want to preserve that memory.

Started watching Dexter tonight. Not sure if I really like it just yet. :eyes:

Don't worry; it's OK to be wrong.

ravenheart
06-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Drive Angry.

Such a stupid movie, but William Fichtner is brilliant.

kalfitegrdan
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg56/GiggityGiggityAllRight/familyguy_quagmire.gif

:lol:

Don't worry; it's OK to be wrong.

Yeah, I was wrong. Past the first couple episodes it got really entertaining and now it's all I've been watching. Although the end of the first season was kind of lame.

BloodoftheKings
06-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Recently finished watching all of the Wes Anderson movies.

The Royal Tenenbaums > Moonrise Kingdom > Rushmore > Fantastic Mr. Fox > The Life Aquatic > The Darjeeling Limited > Bottle Rocket

JRA
06-13-2013, 06:53 AM
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/real-trailers/real-trailers-50-cent-blood-sand

Today's lesson on how to make something stupidly funny.

dcmetal108
06-13-2013, 08:04 AM
http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/real-trailers/real-trailers-50-cent-blood-sand

That's actually a really fun game.

kalfitegrdan
06-13-2013, 09:04 AM

:lol: That's the loudest I've laughed out loud in front of a computer in a long, long time. The sky is for birds part fucking got me.

John The Drummer
06-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Don't watch the second one if you want to preserve that memory.

I actually saw the second one before I saw the first one :lol:. It was UH-MEH-ZING

ravenheart
06-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Chasing Amy.

First time. It better good soon... and the blond needs to shut the fuck up.

Dextrimental
06-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Chasing Amy.

First time. It better good soon... and the blond needs to shut the fuck up.

My favorite Kevin Smith film I think. Yeah, you're not going to like it if you don't like her too much!

ravenheart
06-23-2013, 10:04 AM
My favorite Kevin Smith film I think. Yeah, you're not going to like it if you don't like her too much!

It's alright. Good dialogue.

When Jay and Bob FINALLY show up, is that a Katatonia shirt Jay's got on under his coat?

ravenheart
06-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Now watching 'Splice'. Not expecting much.

PVH5150
06-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Just watched "Shooter", with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover, for the first time since it came out 6 years ago. Forgot how much I liked it.

ravenheart
06-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Just watched "Shooter", with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover, for the first time since it came out 6 years ago. Forgot how much I liked it.

Yep, fairly standard "set-up" thriller movie, but not bad at all.

ravenheart
06-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Finished up by watching 'The Road'.

All in all, not a great trio of movies.

PVH5150
06-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Watching all 13 of George Carlin's HBO stand ups in order.

The greatest ever. I can only imagine what he'd be rambling about if he was still around today.

kalfitegrdan
06-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Now watching 'Splice'. Not expecting much.

God damn that movie was bad.

I watched Jack Reacher the other day and you could basically just use what ravenheart said about Shooter a few posts above to describe Jack Reacher.

ravenheart
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Watched Fast & Furious 5, Horsemen and One Hour Photo on Wednesday.

F&F5 was standard F&F stuff. Horsemen was pretty good but the ending was a bit shit, and One Hour Photo is of course awesome.

Now watching the second half of the 2012 version of Treasure Island. Elijah Wood being surprisingly good as a stranded nutter, and the kid playing Jim Hawkins being total shit.

ravenheart
06-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Saw.

I'm told this is good?

PVH5150
06-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Saw.

I'm told this is good?

I really enjoyed the first, moderately enjoyed the 2nd, hated the 3rd and haven't bothered with any of the others.

PVH5150
06-29-2013, 12:54 PM
George Carlin: It's Bad For Ya

His last HBO special, 3 months before he died.

This man was a genius.

ravenheart
06-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I really enjoyed the first, moderately enjoyed the 2nd, hated the 3rd and haven't bothered with any of the others.

I had never bothered with any of them, but heard that the first is good and the others are the pointless gratuitous gore I'd always assumed they all were.

Just finished watching. Definitely pretty good, and I like the fact that a couple of the twists were obvious probably on purpose to throw you off of the main one.

ravenheart
06-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Re-watching Thor now.

Was it really necessary to make Kat Dennings quite so retarded? She already plays one moron on a regular basis, she'll end up being type-cast if she's not careful.

John The Drummer
07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
I had never bothered with any of them, but heard that the first is good and the others are the pointless gratuitous gore I'd always assumed they all were.

Just finished watching. Definitely pretty good, and I like the fact that a couple of the twists were obvious probably on purpose to throw you off of the main one.

I've only seen the second one, but just purchased the rest of the series (minus 6 and 3-D...if the 3D one even counts...). 2 had a pretty good store, IMO, I really enjoy the plot twists in it. Plan on watching the first one some time this week.

I watched X-Men: First Class last night. Wasn't as good as I thought it'd be, but still entertaining, and far better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine :lol:

Checked out Dr. Who yesterday as well, never watched it. I think it was only the second season of the "reboot", but really enjoyable. I may have to start watching it now :)

ravenheart
07-02-2013, 02:56 AM
"Laughter is contagious, like small pox and gay."

John The Drummer
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Watched "Watchmen" last night. Was really good, but a bit on the long side. I found myself getting distracted near the end and losing track of who everyone was and what role they had. Still entertaining though.
I've also been watching Sailor Moon..... :eyes: ... yeah... fuck you all. Back when I was in Elementary School my friend would always make me watch it with him, and I made fun of him for watching it... then I realized it wasn't that bad of a show. A few days ago a friend of mine and I were discussing old cartoons and anime, and this was brought up. YouTube has EVERY episode on it (as far as I can tell) so I've been watching it a lot. Lots of filler episodes, but when there are good plot twists and such it is enjoyable.

ravenheart
07-07-2013, 03:11 PM
The Happening.

Seriously, if Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel weren't so bad, this wouldn't be a bad movie. The story and the filming is good enough, it just needed better performances.

Also re-watched the first Iron Man and X-Men movies.

John The Drummer
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Watched the first Saw on Saturday... I correct myself, I have seen it, just been a long time. Good stuff! I know I've seen Saw 2 already, but I'll probably rewatch it tonight if I get a chance.

ravenheart
07-14-2013, 01:42 PM
This weekend watched The Lorax (crap), Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (not bad), and re-watched Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels, which is of course awesome.

Now watching the re-make of A Nightmare On Elm Street.

ravenheart
07-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Re-watched A History of Violence last night. Still brilliant.

Watching the whole of the TV series Secret State tonight. Pretty good.

Also watched the first three Jack Taylor TV films starring Iain Glen recently. Good stuff.

ravenheart
07-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Couldn't be bothered to concentrate on anything tonight, so re-watched Shaft and Slither.

Sepultura69
07-21-2013, 07:52 PM
"The Conjuring" sucked. Once the movie had finished I started blasting "The Conjuring" by Megadeth at max volume while leaving the movie theatre parking lot. :hmm: :hecho: :hecho:

PVH5150
07-21-2013, 08:17 PM
"The Conjuring" sucked.

You're the first one I've heard that's said that.

What didn't you like about it?

Sepultura69
07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
You're the first one I've heard that's said that.

I guess I was being a little too harsh when I said that. Should haven chosen some better words. I just wasn't floored by the film like the rest of my friends, and i'm not too big on the whole "supernatural horror" flicks. Thankfully one of my friends paid for my ticket(although it was mainly because it was a late night showing and i had work the following day at six in the morning so I didn't really wanna even see the movie with them ahahah). The other two people that I saw it with loved the film to death, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I was falling asleep by the time the Warrens attempt to do an exorcism on the "possessed" mom. Hey brotha, If you enjoyed it...MORE POWER TO YOU :fist: :fist:

John The Drummer
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
My updates. Watched Saw 1-5 over the last few weeks, more Sailor Moon, and the first Pirates of the Caribbean.

Saw 1 - Good stuff, really liked the twists in it and all the litttle things that were easy to miss.
Saw 2 - Probably one of my favorites of the series, so much drama and twists and such. A bit too gory for me, and some of the traps were hard to watch, but the story itself is what kept me hooked.
Saw 3 - Wasn't bad, seemed a bit too much like an On Rails Shooter to me (go here, do this, go here, do that, etc etc), but the ending was such a "NO YOU IDIOT DONT DO IT" :lol:
Saw 4 - I got a real headache watching this and trying to figure out who was who and what the hell was going on. The twist at the end was great and made it make more sense, probably go back and watch it again now knowing how to watch it.
Saw 5 - Really good! Made up for Saw 4 being a cluster. Jigsaw in this one was great, but I still had that "WHO IS WHO" going on at times since the main good guy and main bad guy look very similar.

Pirates of the Caribbean was great, but a bit too long for me. I still enjoyed it, but felt myself spacing off near the end. I'll probably watch the second one tonight.

And Sailor Moon is great :lol: . I got to the second (?) season, where Moonlight Knight is in it, good stuff. If anyone watched this as a younger kid, you need to give it another chance. I almost gave up a few episodes in, but once things get rolling it gets more entertaining.

ravenheart
07-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Re-watching The A-Team tonight.

PVH5150
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
I guess I was being a little too harsh when I said that. Should haven chosen some better words. I just wasn't floored by the film like the rest of my friends, and i'm not too big on the whole "supernatural horror" flicks. Thankfully one of my friends paid for my ticket(although it was mainly because it was a late night showing and i had work the following day at six in the morning so I didn't really wanna even see the movie with them ahahah). The other two people that I saw it with loved the film to death, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I was falling asleep by the time the Warrens attempt to do an exorcism on the "possessed" mom. Hey brotha, If you enjoyed it...MORE POWER TO YOU :fist: :fist:

Just wanted to get an opinion. I never go to the theater anymore so I'll get it when it comes out on Blu-Ray via Redbox or Netflix. I'm not huge on supernatural horror myself, but I'm interested in this one because of the local ties. I tend to somewhat enjoy most movies that are set in New England.

John The Drummer
07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Finished "Pirates: Dead Man's Chest" last night... GREAT MOVIE. I enjoyed it so much more than the first one, which I always hear is THE Pirates movie. I had to watch it in two sittings though, but it didn't kill it for me... I think it may have actually made it more enjoyable.

ravenheart
07-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Finished "Pirates: Dead Man's Chest" last night... GREAT MOVIE. I enjoyed it so much more than the first one, which I always hear is THE Pirates movie. I had to watch it in two sittings though, but it didn't kill it for me... I think it may have actually made it more enjoyable.

I quite like that one too, but I still prefer the first one. The fourth is awful.

Re-watching 'Tombstone' at the moment. I must not have been in the mood for it the first time I watched it; great movie.

John The Drummer
07-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Checked out Fantastic 4 the other night... it was better than I expected. Still not amazing, but it was enjoyable! :)

Rewatched the first Harry Potter, love that series :)

ravenheart
07-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Tried re-watching Syriana tonight. Just can't do it; that is one boring fucking movie.

Switched to The Dark Knights Rises just to resuscitate myself.

orlandodavis
07-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Tried re-watching Syriana tonight. Just can't do it; that is one boring fucking movie.

Switched to The Dark Knights Rises just to resuscitate myself.

Still remember the first time I saw Syriana. Just awful. One of the most overrated movies ever.

ravenheart
07-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Still remember the first time I saw Syriana. Just awful. One of the most overrated movies ever.

It'd probably be at the top of my list for overrated movies if 'Drive' didn't now exist.

dcmetal108
07-30-2013, 07:44 AM
It'd probably be at the top of my list for overrated movies if 'Drive' didn't now exist.

So damn overrated.

mastodon421
07-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Drive is the only Refn film I love. Can see why you guys didn't like it, but I thought it was brilliant.

kalfitegrdan
07-30-2013, 08:26 AM
I agree on the prolonged silences especially. I can understand the whole "man of few words" thing, but if you didn't know any better you'd swear he was perhaps mentally retarded or something. It just wasn't necessary.

I saw this comment before I saw Drive and it actually made me enjoy the movie more because I kept just imagining that Ryan Gosling was retarded. :lol:

ravenheart
07-30-2013, 08:30 AM
I actually thought he was retarded when I watched it. And even up until I realised he wasn't, the silences were still stupid.

marker
07-30-2013, 04:37 PM
I actually thought he was retarded when I watched it. And even up until I realised he wasn't, the silences were still stupid.

I thought it was good, but yeah the silences were weird. What I thought was really weird was how they almost tried to give it a chick flick vibe at times, with the pink writing and the gay music. Very strange.

dcmetal108
07-30-2013, 08:15 PM
I thought it was good, but yeah the silences were weird. What I thought was really weird was how they almost tried to give it a chick flick vibe at times, with the pink writing and the gay music. Very strange.

That was one of my favorite things about the movie haha.

ravenheart
08-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Re-watching Dog Soldiers. Such a great movie.

PVH5150
08-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Just hit the goldmine.

30+ hours of Unsolved Mysteries (The Robert Stack episodes, not the rehashed Dennis Farina crap) on YouTube.

ravenheart
08-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Re-watched Terminator Salvation, Rango and The Losers, over the last couple of nights. Good stuff.

Also watched Perrier's Bounty. Not as good as In Bruges, but still good.

powerslave_85
08-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Finished re-watching Season 5 of Breaking Bad in preparation for tomorrow night.

SomewhereInTime72
08-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Finished re-watching Season 5 of Breaking Bad in preparation for tomorrow night.

Oh god I am so hyped. :eek:

adamclark52
08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Sharknado...wow...

PVH5150
08-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Sharknado...wow...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18tpqijleb5hhjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

adamclark52
08-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I could forgive it for being so bad if it had some decent gore or boobs.

Onioner
08-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Watching the Raven documentary, Rock Until You Drop - A Long Day's Journey. Awful production quality, but I would expect nothing less from a Raven documentary. It's actually a pretty fun watch so far, especially for a bonkershit Raven lunatic like me.

kalfitegrdan
08-11-2013, 11:21 PM
I was trying to watch every season of Arrested Development, but I got sidetracked watching The IT Crowd.

ravenheart
08-12-2013, 01:47 AM
I was trying to watch every season of Arrested Development, but I got sidetracked watching The IT Crowd.

Because AD was too funny and you needed to dilute it with puerile shit?

ravenheart
08-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Just started watching 'The Tudors'.

Initially very pleased to see the brilliant Sean Pertwee was in it, then equally disappointed when he got killed within 30 seconds of episode 1 :(

SomewhereInTime72
08-16-2013, 06:31 PM

I'm no expert, but aren't you being just a tad too harsh on The IT crowd. :tongue: It can't compare to AD but still, cmon BRO

kalfitegrdan
08-17-2013, 04:50 AM

But...but...Richard Ayoade

I'm no expert, but aren't you being just a tad too harsh on The IT crowd. :tongue: It can't compare to AD but still, cmon BRO

Well, yeah, of course AD is way better. The IT Crowd is still entertaining for what it is though.

ravenheart
09-01-2013, 03:31 AM

I don't think so. I think it's absolutely awful. Every joke is either stupid, or painfully obvious.

'Plebs' sadly didn't turn out a lot better either.

ravenheart
09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Huh, so the end of season 1 of Game of Thrones is fucking lame...

Still, great show. Now if someone could just reduce the blu ray of season 2 to a sensible price, that'd be lovely.

Dextrimental
09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Huh, so the end of season 1 of Game of Thrones is fucking lame...

Still, great show. Now if someone could just reduce the blu ray of season 2 to a sensible price, that'd be lovely.

Blasphemy, that shit ruled!

Supernatural Season 4. I love this show, really enjoying making my way through it.

PVH5150
09-02-2013, 01:19 PM
The Boondock Saints.

Never get tired of this.

ravenheart
09-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Blasphemy, that shit ruled!

Hardly. All the story arcs just did nothing. No cliffhanger, no sub-storylines were concluded. Literally felt like the season just ended half way through. As a season ending it was awful.

It's times like this though that I like that I don't watch some stuff until it's about three seasons old. Means I don't have to put up with this shit :)

Dextrimental
09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Hardly. All the story arcs just did nothing. No cliffhanger, no sub-storylines were concluded. Literally felt like the season just ended half way through. As a season ending it was awful.

It's times like this though that I like that I don't watch some stuff until it's about three seasons old. Means I don't have to put up with this shit :)

No cliffhanger? The series ends with the guarantee that a gigantic war is about to start and that none of the sides should be discounted. Game of Thrones' source material is a series of books that rely on continuity, not conclusion - show carries on in a similar manner. It has it's flaws, certainly, but as a series it's endings do what they need to do, make people want to watch the next season.

ravenheart
09-02-2013, 05:03 PM
No cliffhanger? The series ends with the guarantee that a gigantic war is about to start and that none of the sides should be discounted.

That's not a cliffhanger. It was obvious from about episode 5, maybe even earlier. The whole thing has been about all the factions going to war.

It has it's flaws, certainly, but as a series it's endings do what they need to do, make people want to watch the next season.

Exactly. Because they aren't endings. The story is merely part way through. Born out by the fact that the seasons are so short - half the length of a normal US drama - and the episodes are numbered consecutively from season to season. They're telling the story in half season chunks and calling them full seasons. It's like saying episode 10 of a regular US series does it's job by making people want to watch episode 11, it's just in this case episode 11 is the first one of the second "season". It's probably partly as a means of dragging it out for as long as possible without going to 'Lost' extents of idiotic plot twists, and because it likely costs so damn much to make they need to spread the production costs out.

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Now watching season 2 of Homeland. Fuck me Carrie is annoying.

Dextrimental
09-03-2013, 02:10 PM
That's not a cliffhanger. It was obvious from about episode 5, maybe even earlier. The whole thing has been about all the factions going to war.

Exactly. Because they aren't endings. The story is merely part way through. Born out by the fact that the seasons are so short - half the length of a normal US drama - and the episodes are numbered consecutively from season to season. They're telling the story in half season chunks and calling them full seasons. It's like saying episode 10 of a regular US series does it's job by making people want to watch episode 11, it's just in this case episode 11 is the first one of the second "season". It's probably partly as a means of dragging it out for as long as possible without going to 'Lost' extents of idiotic plot twists, and because it likely costs so damn much to make they need to spread the production costs out.

Okay, it may not be a cliffhanger, but it certainly is intriguing and exciting.

Well, actually, you're somewhat wrong there. US story based dramas are often around the 10-13 episode mark per season. Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad - all around the 12 episode mark per season. Usually if a show has more than that, it has a format that allows for 'case of the week' episodes, like Supernatural, or House (I say usually, Prison Break and Lost are the only two that come to mind as pure story based shows that are 20 episodes a season). Episodes that don't continue the plot and just play with the format. Game of Thrones is 10-12 episodes a season because it's entirely story-based, and it has a source material that it is keeping very close to it's chest (though much like LOTR, stuff has been cut from the books, some necessary, some not so much). It would certainly have to do with production costs, but it also fits the format of the type of show it is. That said, it could be argued that season 3 is 24 episodes, because book 3 has been split up to two seasons due to the amount of story-line strands, the story would have been impossible to convey in 12 episodes. Unlike Lost, it has a set story that it has yet to deviate from in any major way, so the plot twists aren't going to be ridiculous and seem made up on the spot.

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Okay, it may not be a cliffhanger, but it certainly is intriguing and exciting.

Only if you didn't realise that was the whole point from episode 4 onwards. Honestly, the other things going on, like the Lannister's gradual undermining of everything and whether or not the Starks can stop them, or the apparent return of the White Walkers, are far more intriguing story arcs than a war. A war is just a given. But they kind of just left those hanging where they were so they could show a couple of baby dragons to get people excited.

Have you seen the alternate ending to the Amanda Seyfried version of Red Riding Hood? It was basically that. Actually, they're both just the ending to every contrived '80s sci fi movie that ends with a baby being born to leave the possibility of a sequel open. Yes, it's part of the story for GoT, and yes it needs to be done, but as an ending to a season it was beyond weak.

Is that how the first book ends?

Well, actually, you're somewhat wrong there. US story based dramas are often around the 10-13 episode mark per season. Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad

Hmm, yeah, there are definitely more short ones than long ones. Although '24' is the biggest exception to the rule I can think of.

Unlike Lost, it has a set story that it has yet to deviate from in any major way, so the plot twists aren't going to be ridiculous and seem made up on the spot.

Fortunately, I didn't expect it to. It seemed better than that, and Lost was just the dumbest shit, so I didn't think they'd make that mistake.

I'm not sure what to expect from season 2 (although it was dispatched this morning ;)), but really, calling the whole thing "seasons" is just wrong. It's one long thing and they clearly intended it to be that with the consecutive episode numbering. They just needed to make it in chunks because, let's face it, stations wouldn't be happy with something that wasn't appropriately divided into their concept of seasons. But it's pretty obvious the story doesn't fit that and they didn't do a very good job of making it pretend it does - probably on purpose, if I'm honest. I'm enjoying the fact that for the time being I can watch it properly, consecutively as it was clearly written to be, instead of having to wait for the gaps to end. I'll be annoyed when I get to the end of season 3 and can't watch season 4 yet ;)

Dextrimental
09-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Only if you didn't realise that was the whole point from episode 4 onwards. Honestly, the other things going on, like the Lannister's gradual undermining of everything and whether or not the Starks can stop them, or the apparent return of the White Walkers, are far more intriguing story arcs than a war. A war is just a given. But they kind of just left those hanging where they were so they could show a couple of baby dragons to get people excited.

Have you seen the alternate ending to the Amanda Seyfried version of Red Riding Hood? It was basically that. Actually, they're both just the ending to every contrived '80s sci fi movie that ends with a baby being born to leave the possibility of a sequel open. Yes, it's part of the story for GoT, and yes it needs to be done, but as an ending to a season it was beyond weak.

Is that how the first book ends?

I'm not sure what to expect from season 2 (although it was dispatched this morning ;)), but really, calling the whole thing "seasons" is just wrong. It's one long thing and they clearly intended it to be that with the consecutive episode numbering. They just needed to make it in chunks because, let's face it, stations wouldn't be happy with something that wasn't appropriately divided into their concept of seasons. But it's pretty obvious the story doesn't fit that and they didn't do a very good job of making it pretend it does - probably on purpose, if I'm honest. I'm enjoying the fact that for the time being I can watch it properly, consecutively as it was clearly written to be, instead of having to wait for the gaps to end. I'll be annoyed when I get to the end of season 3 and can't watch season 4 yet ;)

More or less that is where the first book ends, but the books delivery of things is a good deal different. More story-strands and stuff, but that was the best note to end season 1 on considering where the story goes.

Yeah, it's definitely a progressive piece of television, pushing how much information can be portrayed in a chronological set of episodes without leaving out too much of the books. You will be annoyed with Season 3's ending, though.

PVH5150
09-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Watched "Nomads" last night. A movie with Pierce Brosnan in 1986. Fuck, that was weird.

PVH5150
09-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Just watched "No Country For Old Men". A classic example of a fine movie with a shitty ending.

ravenheart
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Just watched "No Country For Old Men". A classic example of a fine movie with a shitty ending.

Thought it was a pretty average movie all over.

So, the last week or so (woo, long flights!):

Unknown - the Liam Neeson one, not the excellent Jim Caviezel one. Pretty good, liked it much more than the first Taken.

The Croods - yep, pretty funny stuff.

Wreck-It Ralph - again, funny stuff, and lots of mockery/name-drops of games from my youth.

Jack The Giant Slayer - not bad, quite funny, CGi for the giants wasn't great though.

Contagion - gets a bad rep, but I thought it was pretty decent. Bit more of a personal angle on the contagious disease scenario, and probably quite accurate regarding timescales for getting cures approved etc. Made it a bit more realistic-feeling than most (excluding the ones with the zombie angle, obviously).

The Bourne Legacy - poor. Tries to be complicated but doesn't have the intelligence needed for that, and ends with a whimper.

Dark Shadows - never fancied this from the trailer, but it's actually quite funny. Enjoyed it a lot.

Beautiful Creatures - not what I expected, and much better for it. Even if Emmy Rossum was really fucking annoying.

Epic - yeah, not bad. Not great. Funny in places.

ravenheart
09-17-2013, 10:17 AM
You will be annoyed with Season 3's ending, though.

It'll probably be a lot longer until I see that. Very expensive on DVD.

ravenheart
09-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World...

What the Hell is this?

kalfitegrdan
09-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World...

What the Hell is this?

You've seriously never seen it before?

ravenheart
09-20-2013, 12:59 AM
You've seriously never seen it before?

Nah. Didn't premier on TV here until earlier this year. I recorded it, but only just got around to watching it last night.

ravenheart
09-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a progressive piece of television, pushing how much information can be portrayed in a chronological set of episodes without leaving out too much of the books. You will be annoyed with Season 3's ending, though.

Holy crap, did you watch 'The Fall'? The Gillian Anderson murder thing set in Belfast? Talk about ending it half way through!

Dextrimental
09-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Holy crap, did you watch 'The Fall'? The Gillian Anderson murder thing set in Belfast? Talk about ending it half way through!

No, but I've been recommended it. Is it actually any good?

ravenheart
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
No, but I've been recommended it. Is it actually any good?

Yes, but it's too slow, and finishes half way through. Just ends with a "to be continued" screen.

ravenheart
09-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

This was going well until the soapy ending. Finished with a whimper.

TonyD
09-20-2013, 09:11 PM
The irony of having the technology to skip the stupid added song and watch the original part online in Return of the Jedi...

ravenheart
09-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Utopia.

Now this is one dark fucking series...

dcmetal108
09-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Slayer Live stream one my computer while playing GTAV on my tv next to it.

Natrlhi
09-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Epic - yeah, not bad. Not great. Funny in places.Just watched that with my son. Yeah, it was just OK. Sexy to look at, for sure, but a bit average in terms of the story.

I liked Contagion as well. Saw that one many moons ago. Thank Satan for low expectations - I quite like pleasant surprises when it comes to movies / music.

ravenheart
09-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Just watched that with my son. Yeah, it was just OK. Sexy to look at, for sure, but a bit average in terms of the story.

Definitely try The Croods and Wreck-It Ralph. Obviously your son won't get all the old school video game references in the latter, but they're both fun, funny movies.

I liked Contagion as well. Saw that one many moons ago. Thank Satan for low expectations - I quite like pleasant surprises when it comes to movies / music.

Indeed. On planes I tend to watch things I'm less bothered about, rather than watch something I'm really looking forward to on a small screen with bad sound. That seemed to fit the bill, but I thought it was just about the most realistic depiction of what would actually happen if there were an outbreak of that scale I've seen.

ShatteredFlame
09-23-2013, 04:45 AM
So I think no matter if we think season 5 or 6 is worse, we can all agree that season 8 of Dexter is hands down the worst? Is that the majority opinion right now? What an awful season to go out on. I thought season 6 was as low as it would get but even that had some great parts and then season 7 redeemed the show. With season 8, the first 3 episodes are great but everything beyond that is embarrassing.

ravenheart
09-23-2013, 05:14 AM
So I think no matter if we think season 5 or 6 is worse, we can all agree that season 8 of Dexter is hands down the worst? Is that the majority opinion right now? What an awful season to go out on. I thought season 6 was as low as it would get but even that had some great parts and then season 7 redeemed the show. With season 8, the first 3 episodes are great but everything beyond that is embarrassing.

I've only watched up to and including 5 so far (I have 6, just haven't watched it yet). But from what I'm hearing, yes, everyone thinks 8 is awful.

Dextrimental
09-23-2013, 09:30 AM

I'm about the last episode but I'm apprehensive because it will just piss me off. I swore up and down that it was the best show on tv until this season. Such a let down.

Natrlhi
09-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Definitely try The Croods and Wreck-It Ralph. Obviously your son won't get all the old school video game references in the latter, but they're both fun, funny movies.
I saw Wreck-It Ralph with him and we liked it. I loved the inside jokes and references to the old school games from my childhood. Haven't checked out The Croods but have heard good things. I hate Nic Cage, though. Don't know why, I just can't stand most of his work. I know this is different, but it just bugs me that he has the lead voice part. :lol:

ravenheart
09-24-2013, 01:07 AM
I hate Nic Cage, though. Don't know why, I just can't stand most of his work. I know this is different, but it just bugs me that he has the lead voice part. :lol:

Honestly, I didn't even realise it was him until the credits rolled. Or that Ryan Reynolds was the other male lead.

kalfitegrdan
09-25-2013, 12:03 AM
I've been catching up on the second season of Hell on Wheels since they finally added It to Netflix.

I saw Wreck-It Ralph with him and we liked it. I loved the inside jokes and references to the old school games from my childhood. Haven't checked out The Croods but have heard good things. I hate Nic Cage, though. Don't know why, I just can't stand most of his work. I know this is different, but it just bugs me that he has the lead voice part. :lol:

Aw, man, yeah, Nic Cage is just the worst (exceptions being Raising Arizona, Kick Ass and Matchstick Men), but I think I could stand it as long as I don't have to look at his face.

ravenheart
09-25-2013, 01:32 AM
(exceptions being Raising Arizona, Kick Ass and Matchstick Men)

Snake Eyes and Lord of War say "fuck you".

John The Drummer
09-25-2013, 12:01 PM
New South Park tonight... i think

smearCampaign
09-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Just watched Room 237 on netflix. It's a documentary about The Shining and people who have some pretty elaborate theories about the hidden messages that Stanley Kubrick embedded into the film. Some of the stuff makes sense and seems somewhat obvious, but some of it is far reaching. But I've always loved The Shining, so I thought this was really interesting. If you aren't really familiar with it this doc would be filled with spoilers and probably be hard to follow.

kalfitegrdan
09-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Snake Eyes and Lord of War say "fuck you".

Haven't seen either, so fuck me, I guess. :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
09-26-2013, 07:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94Th-YR2M4

For all the Maiden haters out there. ;) That has to be the worst performance by Bruce since the early 90's. But apparently it was about 40 degrees at the gig and he was already getting sick. Definetely one for the blooper reel though.

ravenheart
09-26-2013, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94Th-YR2M4

For all the Maiden haters out there. ;) That has to be the worst performance by Bruce since the early 90's. But apparently it was about 40 degrees at the gig and he was already getting sick. Definetely one for the blooper reel though.

He at least seemed to be trying.

From listening to other videos from the same gig, it doesn't sound like he got any better though.

IrritatedTrout
09-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I mean good on him for not cancelling. Hope he feels better soon.

ravenheart
09-27-2013, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199R-bmZcCs

Yep.

John The Drummer
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Pretty awesome Folk Punk band from Portland that I saw about a month or so ago.

Dirty Kid Discount
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkLzI_wVjh4

ravenheart
09-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Watched Disturbia last night. Not as good as I'd hope.

PVH5150
09-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Watched "Boy Wonder" on Netflix. Not bad.

ravenheart
09-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Watching The Social Network.

Anyone ever noticed that when Rooney Mara doesn't wear stupid amounts of make-up or have ridiculous haircuts, she's really hot?

ravenheart
09-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Watching the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Not bad, but I've seen 'Sanctuary' and 'The 4400' before.

ravenheart
09-29-2013, 03:22 AM
Kreator - Dying Alive

This sounds AMAZING and looks AWFUL.

ravenheart
09-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Gene Simmons singing the Star Spangled Banner at the NFL game in London yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD419HVod8s

:eyes:

ravenheart
09-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Vanilla Sky.

I'm undecided at the moment as to whether this is genius or shit.

PVH5150
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Being Flynn.

Excellent. DeNiro's best movie since Casino.

dcmetal108
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Gene Simmons singing the Star Spangled Banner at the NFL game in London yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD419HVod8s

Not bad. No one expected him to sound amazing, he never really has.

PVH5150
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
The Lords of Salem.

Terrible.

Ommie
10-07-2013, 06:45 PM

That wasn't that bad, especially for Gene Simmons.

dcmetal108
10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
The Lords of Salem.

Terrible.

Lies.

PVH5150
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Lies.

Truths.

Easily his worst original movie, although not nearly as fucking awful as the 2 abortions of Halloween remakes.

ravenheart
10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Truths.

Easily his worst original movie, although not nearly as fucking awful as the 2 abortions of Halloween remakes.

I found very little wrong with the first Halloween. I haven't yet seen the second.

PVH5150
10-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Prozac Nation.
Damn good.

I think Christina Ricci is very underrated.

Sepultura69
10-09-2013, 03:19 PM
"KORN POWER ACTIVATE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAWKrzaXCE

:lol: :lol:

kalfitegrdan
10-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Finally all caught up on Parks and Rec. Also continued watching the first season of House of Lies.

ravenheart
10-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Just once it would be nice for a TV show or movie to have the scientist/techie explaining something and for there not to be the stereotypical tough guy or ditsy girl asking for it "in English" etc.

ravenheart
10-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Atlantis.

Is the Fantasia music really necessary?

John The Drummer
10-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Rewatching Walking Dead Season 3 and getting ready for the new Season tomorrow!!!! :rocker:

illuminatus917
10-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Rewatching Walking Dead Season 3 and getting ready for the new Season tomorrow!!!! :rocker:

We need a thread on here devoted to TWD discussion.

ravenheart
10-12-2013, 02:22 PM
So the Rolling Stones At Hyde Park show is on TV right now. The band are all over the place, really sloppy, but I really like how Mick sounds now. He's unrecognisable really, but he's modified his voice to account for not being able to sing high anymore, and he sounds really good.

adamclark52
10-13-2013, 07:56 AM
I checked out the video for Kate Bush - Cloudbusting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw) last night. Great song and an awesome video. I forget how much effort was put into music videos in the 1980's.

SomewhereInTime72
10-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Just once it would be nice for a TV show or movie to have the scientist/techie explaining something and for there not to be the stereotypical tough guy or ditsy girl asking for it "in English" etc.

But then how would the general public watching the show know what the fuck the smart people are talking about? :dorky:

JRA
10-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Better yet, have something like that, then cut to a fat sloppy moron sitting on the couch yelling at the TV "IN ENGLISH!"

illuminatus917
10-13-2013, 12:46 PM
I wish people weren't so ashamed to bash obese people.

SomewhereInTime72
10-13-2013, 08:05 PM
I wish people weren't so ashamed to bash obese people.

but fat shaming is bad, everyone is special

:hecho:

As someone who used to be obese, I thought I'd sympathize with obese people. But after losing the weight myself all I can think when I see fat people is "you are so fucking hideous that you should not be allowed out in public you fat fuck." If you look disgusting because of your own negligence you deserve every bit of criticism you get. :hmm:

ravenheart
10-14-2013, 01:42 AM
in the 1989's.

There were more than one of those? ;)

adamclark52
10-14-2013, 09:50 AM
There were more than one of those? ;)

D'oh.

elturtleboy
10-14-2013, 10:23 AM
La Rosa De Guadalupe

PVH5150
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Watched "The American" last night.

Another classic example of a fine movie ruined by a shitbag ending.

ravenheart
10-14-2013, 01:33 PM
The Fifth Element.

Stone cold classic.

Dextrimental
10-14-2013, 01:44 PM
The Fifth Element.

Stone cold classic.

Not talked about enough at all, that movie. Awesome.

ravenheart
10-14-2013, 03:35 PM

I've not watched it in years. Had it on VHS, but it's been out of print on DVD for ages. Got the blu ray recently and felt like putting it on tonight :D

ravenheart
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
A sampler of the new Joe Bonamassa Live In London four-show set.

Holy. Shit.

PVH5150
10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
A sampler of the new Joe Bonamassa Live In London four-show set.

Holy. Shit.

Only thing I can get into that he's been a part of is Black Country Communion. His solo blooze shtick does nothing for me.

ravenheart
10-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Only thing I can get into that he's been a part of is Black Country Communion. His solo blooze shtick does nothing for me.

It's OK if you're not a blues fan.

JRA
10-16-2013, 04:35 AM

That movie whoops so much ass.

PVH5150
10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
The Hunted.

Excellent.

ravenheart
10-19-2013, 12:11 PM
The Hunted.

Excellent.

I have that on DVD; looking forward to watching it at some point.

Tommy Lee Jones had a good little run around that time, with The Missing, The Hunted, and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.

John The Drummer
10-19-2013, 12:14 PM
I won Volume 1 of the 90s Batman Animated Series on Ebay a week or two ago. Watched a few episodes... damn... what a dark cartoon...... and it was aimed towards kids too!!!

Still unsure if it's aged very well, but I am still enjoying most of it :D

ravenheart
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Erm...

http://www.butimchrisjericho.com/

Dextrimental
10-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I won Volume 1 of the 90s Batman Animated Series on Ebay a week or two ago. Watched a few episodes... damn... what a dark cartoon...... and it was aimed towards kids too!!!

Still unsure if it's aged very well, but I am still enjoying most of it :D

Started re-watching this online recently. It's awesome. DC always had the best cartoons!

dcmetal108
10-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Erm...

http://www.butimchrisjericho.com/

Awesome!

ravenheart
10-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Well, there's another live set I won't be buying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T27uaIb_D2Q

James LaBrie sounds fucking dreadful.

kalfitegrdan
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Anyone been keeping up with the news seasons of Homeland, American Horror Story or Arrow? Those three have been my "must watch" shows as of late.

TonyD
10-26-2013, 09:19 PM
For the rest of you guys at home alone on Saturday night... the Bridge School benefit show is streaming on youtube right now, QOTSA is about to come on, I think followed by Neil Young.

dcmetal108
10-26-2013, 09:33 PM
SNL Best Of Commercial Parodies.

BloodoftheKings
10-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Just got done watching the Metalocalypse rock opera. I never thought I'd here Corpsegrinder sing a duet with Malcom McDowell.

ravenheart
10-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Anyone been keeping up with the news seasons of Homeland, American Horror Story or Arrow? Those three have been my "must watch" shows as of late.

I've been recording Homeland (you're on season 3 like us, right?), but haven't watched any of it yet.

I spent the last two days catching up with the first 11 episodes of Under The Dome. Now up to date as far as has been broadcast here, and love it so far. Two to go.

American Horror Story and Arrow haven't been broadcast on free-to-air here yet. My current must-watch/record list is:

Orphan Black
Under The Dome
Homeland 3
Ripper Street 2
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Atlantis
Castle 3 (we're horrifically behind on this, it's getting annoying that we have to wait so long for it)
The Mentalist 5

I'm up to date on Orphan Black (last two on Friday), Under The Dome, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Castle and Atlantis. Haven't watched any Homeland, Ripper Street or Mentalist yet. And I've got a backlog of Top of The Lake, Luther 3, and Whitechapel 3 to watch, plus The Escape Artist starting tonight.

kalfitegrdan
10-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Yep, season 3.

I'm almost caught up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., just haven't seen the last two episodes. I'm really liking most of it so far.

I also started watching the pilot of Atlantis. It's pretty good so far, albeit a bit hokey and predictable.

I finally watched the pilot of The Blacklist and am really intrigued to see where that goes. It has the makings of a great thriller series.

So, is Under the Dome any good? I've been meaning to check it out. Also been meaning to actually watch that Whitechapel show. I only saw the pilot, but it was good.

ravenheart
10-30-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm almost caught up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., just haven't seen the last two episodes. I'm really liking most of it so far.

I like it too, but it's horribly predictable. I've seen The 4400 and Sanctuary before, after all.

I also started watching the pilot of Atlantis. It's pretty good so far, albeit a bit hokey and predictable.

This one I just watch for harmless fun. Again, seen it all before, but it's nice to have one or two things to break up all the dark stuff!

I finally watched the pilot of The Blacklist and am really intrigued to see where that goes. It has the makings of a great thriller series.

Can't wait to see this. I first saw all the advertising and the trailer for it when I was in Vegas in September. It started airing here on subscription TV about two weeks ago. I'll be all over it when it reaches free-to-air.

So, is Under the Dome any good? I've been meaning to check it out. Also been meaning to actually watch that Whitechapel show. I only saw the pilot, but it was good.

I've loved it so far. Nothing feels like it's spinning plot points out just to fill time, and everyone in it is pretty good. I notice though that there's going to be a second season next year. The book is massive, so that's OK (I haven't read it yet), but I really hope they don't start inventing shit just to keep it going longer.

Whitechapel is excellent. Make sure you watch it in order. Each season is a different case, or pair of cases, but it makes sense to watch it in order to see how the team develops etc. The first two seasons were three episodes each, all about a single case. Seasons 3 and 4 are six episodes each, two per case, so three cases per season.

adamclark52
10-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Anybody seen the video for Portal's Curtains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vyw_FGIhAE) yet? It's pretty fucking sick. Probably the best video I've seen in a long time. I'm really digging those..."things"...playing the violins in the beginning. I could've sat through an hour of this imagery.

illuminatus917
10-31-2013, 12:46 PM
This one I just watch for harmless fun. Again, seen it all before, but it's nice to have one or two things to break up all the dark stuff!

That's what Chuck is for.

kalfitegrdan
10-31-2013, 08:13 PM
That's what Chuck is for.

I miss Chick. :(

illuminatus917
11-01-2013, 02:49 AM
I miss Chick. :(

You mean Chuck? If so, me too. Very, very much. :(

kalfitegrdan
11-01-2013, 04:02 AM
You mean Chuck? If so, me too. Very, very much. :(

Whoops, yeah. :lol: It was definitely one of my favorites.

ravenheart
11-01-2013, 01:46 PM
By the way BBC, oh my god, Orphan Black, Orphan Black BBC, oh my god, Orphan Black, oh my god.

PVH5150
11-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Lost Highway. Excellent, as with every other David Lynch movie.

Erasing Hate. Very powerful.

George Carlin: Complaints and Grievances. This man was the greatest comedian of his time.

ravenheart
11-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

This is so silly, but I'm surprised at how convincing various people, like Craven, are at playing themselves.

PVH5150
11-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Red Lights (DeNiro, Murphy, Weaver)

Not bad.

ravenheart
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Hulk.

I don't remember the part with the mutant dogs AT ALL.

ravenheart
11-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Re-watching The Cabin In The Woods. Such a great movie.

ravenheart
11-14-2013, 05:08 AM
For any Dr. Who fans, the BBC have made a short prequel to the Day of The Doctor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

John The Drummer
11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
I've been really hooked on "Hardcore Pawn" on TruTV :lol:
I know its all scripted reality TV BS.... but I enjoy seeing all the crazies and cool stuff people bring in!

ravenheart
11-17-2013, 06:26 AM
This weekend watched Centurion, The Woman In Black, Killer Joe and Killing Them Softly.

All pretty decent.

illuminatus917
11-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Some soccer match. Cameroon vs. Tunisia I think.

ravenheart
11-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Some soccer match. Cameroon vs. Tunisia I think.

Bound to be a classic :eyes:

PVH5150
11-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Killing Season.

Absolutely fucking awful. DeNiro needs to be in one more Scorsese picture, because (aside from Ronin), it's the only chance of him doing something awesome again.

dcmetal108
11-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Bad Kids Go To Hell

ravenheart
11-29-2013, 02:28 PM
7 Seconds, a Wesley Snipes movie.

It has some of the worst acting I think I've ever seen, and not from Wesley Snipes.

PVH5150
12-01-2013, 01:43 PM
The Iceman.

Excellent. One of the best "This is based on a true story" movies I've seen in years.

JRA
12-07-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJspVE355Do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXkZhjzI52w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HidBZCu58s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ravenheart
12-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Hanna.

ravenheart
12-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Watched the first 7 episodes of the first season of Prison Break. Two observations:

It's lucky the plot is so strong, because Wentworth Miller is a fucking dreadful actor.

Dominic Purcell: like someone inflated Steve Carrell.

ravenheart
12-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Black Sabbath - Live... Gathered In Their Masses

This totally doesn't suck. I'm glad they left the mistakes in and didn't re-do everything.

hb420
12-25-2013, 07:26 PM
The Time of the Doctor was great, awesome seeing more of Karen Gillan. :drool: Can't wait to see where they go with next season and see Peter Capaldi as the new doctor.

ravenheart
12-26-2013, 03:40 AM
The Time of the Doctor was great

It really wasn't. I liked the concept of the plot, but the episode itself was just messy.

The best part was:

"What're you going to do?!"

"I don't know, talk fast, hope good things happen, take the credit."

That last 8 years of Doctor Who in one line.

kalfitegrdan
12-26-2013, 05:29 AM
It really wasn't.

Yeah, but...Karen Gillan. :drool:

ravenheart
12-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Yeah, but...

For about 5 seconds, with a silly haircut and no lines. Yeah, great.

kalfitegrdan
12-26-2013, 05:56 AM
For about 5 seconds, with a silly haircut and no lines. Yeah, great.

Oh, well, never mind then. I haven't seen it yet. I just know Karen Gillan is ungodly hot. :D

ravenheart
12-27-2013, 03:59 AM
Last few days:

Monster's University
Lawless
Gangster Squad
Rise of The Guardians
ParaNorman

All pretty good.

hb420
12-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Being John Malkovich

ravenheart
12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Watching 15-20 year old shows is great. I'm about 18 episodes through season 2 of Law & Order, and have so far spotted early appearances from William H. Macy, Maura Tierney, Maria Pitillo, Lewis Black, Dylan Baker, Luis Guzman, Geoff Pierson, and a young Kelli Williams from Lie To Me and Judy Reyes from Scrubs. Plus Jerry Stiller. Legend.

Apparently there was also a very young Michelle Trachtenburg in one episode, but I didn't spot that.

PVH5150
12-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Watching 15-20 year old shows is great. I'm about 18 episodes through season 2 of Law & Order, and have so far spotted early appearances from William H. Macy, Maura Tierney, Maria Pitillo, Lewis Black, Dylan Baker, Luis Guzman, Geoff Pierson, and a young Kelli Williams from Lie To Me and Judy Reyes from Scrubs. Plus Jerry Stiller. Legend.

Apparently there was also a very young Michelle Trachtenburg in one episode, but I didn't spot that.

I loved the hell out of Season 1 of L&O. George Dzundza is the man.

And then Netflix had to ruin Season 2 by making it fullscreen, so I didn't bother with it.

ravenheart
12-31-2013, 04:56 PM
I loved the hell out of Season 1 of L&O. George Dzundza is the man.

And then Netflix had to ruin Season 2 by making it fullscreen, so I didn't bother with it.

He's not in it anyway.

adamclark52
12-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Just finished the Avengers...I like X-Men better.

dcmetal108
01-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Alan Partridge Mid Morning Matters

John The Drummer
01-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Call me crazy... but Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was a really good movie! Way beyond my expectations!!

ravenheart
01-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Call me crazy... but Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was a really good movie! Way beyond my expectations!!

I prefer the third one.

John The Drummer
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I prefer the third one.

I still haven't seen it in full, just the beginning. Probably going to watch it tonight or tomorrow. My Mom & Little Brother got me both of them for X-Mas. :)

Dextrimental
01-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I prefer the third one.

Crazy talk. So bad.

Sherlock. Re-watching it already. Incredible.

John The Drummer
01-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Wasn't too bad at all, either! I think I liked "...The Fallen" a little more, but this had some good moments, a lot of down time though, found myself losing interest during the slow sections, overall though, another very entertaining movie! Especially the final battle..... now.... can Unicron be in the goddamn movies!?!?!?

The Wolverine
HELL YEAH! Such a good movie. I love X-Men, always been a huge fan of all things X-Men, one of the only comic book series' that I actually stuck with and enjoyed. I was worried this wouldn't be TOO good, due to how bad "XMen Origins" was.... but yeah... fucking great movie! Might need to watch it again :D

dcmetal108
01-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Riddick (2013)

blah, so boring

ravenheart
01-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Just watched The Raven (John Cusack, 2012). Does not suck.

John The Drummer
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Watched "alien buddy movie" last night, "Paul" . It wasn't bad... but wasn't anything special, either. Still better than I expected it to be, though.

300%_Density
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Queens of the Stome Age on Austin City Limits

PVH5150
01-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Amazon Prime Instant Streaming has all 7 seasons of The Shield.

I know what I'll be doing for the next month.

ravenheart
01-09-2014, 05:27 AM
:lol: djent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhOYflyfOPM

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Just watched Sinister. Really cool movie. I was surprised to hear Boards of Canada, Ulver, and Sunn O)))/Boris in the soundtrack.

ravenheart
01-10-2014, 01:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-beth-video-spoof/

Something for KISS fans.

ravenheart
01-12-2014, 05:28 AM
Savatage - Live In Japan '94

Holy fuck this is what live metal DVDs should look and sound like.

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 12:20 PM
My three year old son play Mario Kart Wii...man, that game sucked.

es156
01-12-2014, 12:29 PM
My three year old son play Mario Kart Wii...man, that game sucked.

:confused:

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 12:37 PM

:confused:

The courses just don't have that "je ne sais quois" that the earlier ones had. It just doesn't have that originallity that the original SNES version (or especially the N64 version) had. My biggest gripe with anything Nintendo the last ten years is it's always the same. Same characters, same environments, same concepts, nothing new. Case in point for Mario Kart Wii; half the levels are from the past Mario Karts.

And the handling sucks.

es156
01-12-2014, 12:42 PM
The courses just don't have that "je ne sais quois" that the earlier ones had. It just doesn't have that originallity that the original SNES version (or especially the N64 version) had. My biggest gripe with anything Nintendo the last ten years is it's always the same. Same characters, same environments, same concepts, nothing new. Case in point for Mario Kart Wii; half the levels are from the past Mario Karts.

And the handling sucks.

Well, I am sure there are only so many things you can do with track design and it is hard to keep coming up with truly original tracks. I know the hand held versions also recycled some tracks but they were still fun to play. I use the Game Cube controller (because I am old) and the game play is great. However, my son does just fine with the Wii controller and we have played the game quite a bit over the years.

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Well, I am sure there are only so many things you can do with track design and it is hard to keep coming up with truly original tracks. I know the hand held versions also recycled some tracks but they were still fun to play. I use the Game Cube controller (because I am old) and the game play is great. However, my son does just fine with the Wii controller and we have played the game quite a bit over the years.

I didn't mention that my son has never played a video game before and spent most of the time driving in circles or ramming Goombas.

But playing this one just made me want to play the N64 version. I think the series peaked then.

es156
01-12-2014, 12:56 PM
I didn't mention that my son has never played a video game before and spent most of the time driving in circles or ramming Goombas.

But playing this one just made me want to play the N64 version. I think the series peaked then.

I actually hooked up my N64 and started my son out on that version first, when he was younger. Then we worked our way up from there. We still play the N64 version on occasion.

By the way, we both love Mario Kart 7 as well.

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 01:08 PM

I actually hooked up my N64 and started my son out on that version first, when he was younger. Then we worked our way up from there. We still play the N64 version on occasion.

By the way, we both love Mario Kart 7 as well.

Is that for Wii U?

es156
01-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Is that for Wii U?

No, it is for the 3DS.

SomewhereInTime72
01-12-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm still young enough for my dad to get me a 3ds, right?

:(

adamclark52
01-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm still young enough for my dad to get me a 3ds, right?

:(

You are NEVER too old for video games!

SomewhereInTime72
01-12-2014, 01:59 PM
You are NEVER too old for video games!

:party::rocker:

ravenheart
01-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Jesus Christ this third season of Sherlock can't touch the first two. Nothing at all happened in episode 1, and I'm now 30 minutes into episode 2 and still nothing's happened.

ravenheart
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Just watched the third episode of season three of Sherlock. Definitely made up for the total shitness of the second one.

kalfitegrdan
01-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Just found out that season 2 of Sherlock is on Netflix, so I definitely have to find time to watch that. Only saw the phenomenal first episode so far.

SomewhereInTime72
01-13-2014, 11:44 PM
I haven't finished Sherlock, but the 2nd episode of this season was one of my favorites of the show. Sure, it was pretty much fanservice. But it was awesome. :bliss:

ravenheart
01-14-2014, 04:07 AM
I haven't finished Sherlock, but the 2nd episode of this season was one of my favorites of the show. Sure, it was pretty much fanservice. But it was awesome. :bliss:

I hated it beyond belief. Absolutely nothing happened at all, and they just threw in the attempted murder of Watson's old commander as an afterthought. Disjointed, needlessly over-scripted, added nothing to the overall story... easily the worst of all nine episodes so far.

The third one really makes up for it, but two episodes out of three which contributed absolutely nothing apart from a handful of plot points to be referenced in the third one really isn't good enough.

John The Drummer
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Watched Night At The Roxbury for the first time ever last night (I know I know, I fail at life)... I was LULZing so hard through most of it.

dcmetal108
01-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Watched Night At The Roxbury for the first time ever last night (I know I know, I fail at life)... I was LULZing so hard through most of it.

I've seen that movie at least 150 times. Not kidding either.

SomewhereInTime72
01-17-2014, 07:18 PM
I hated it beyond belief. Absolutely nothing happened at all, and they just threw in the attempted murder of Watson's old commander as an afterthought. Disjointed, needlessly over-scripted, added nothing to the overall story... easily the worst of all nine episodes so far.

The third one really makes up for it, but two episodes out of three which contributed absolutely nothing apart from a handful of plot points to be referenced in the third one really isn't good enough.

It wasn't really an afterthought, they intentionally included the two previous unsolved cases in the episode as they were this episodes to be wrapped up later. :eyes: It was the mystery for the episode.

I don't really understand how the lack of overall story progression is worth complaining about, when Sherlock has been a primarily episodic show from start to finish. Despite the length of the episodes and the existence of a long-term story, it's basically been a mystery-of-the-week show the whole time. :tongue:

ravenheart
01-18-2014, 04:38 AM
It hasn't, and that's what made it good. They threw in side-cases from time to time, because that's what being a private detective would be like, but every episode furthered the "game". That one didn't. At all. They'd obviously decided they wanted to make an over-long, big deal about the wedding, and thought "shit, we'd better put some kind of case to solve in here."

The wedding scene should have been about 15 minutes in a proper episode. Not an episode to itself. Throughout most of it I left the room to do other things, it was that boring. Turns out I missed nothing too.

Episodes 1 and 2 of this series were pure filler. Three was what the series was all about and they could have told the entire story by just extending that by half an hour.

I may still buy the series on DVD when it's cheap, seeing as I already have both of the others, but I doubt I'll ever watch episodes 3.1 and 3.2 again. There'd be no point.

ravenheart
01-19-2014, 02:17 PM
The Cabin In The Woods. Again.

There is nothing I don't like about this movie. Plus, you know, Kristen Connolly.

dcmetal108
01-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Lee's Daniels The Butler

ravenheart
01-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Watched The Big Bang and The Baytown Outlaws last night. Enjoyed both.

illuminatus917
01-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Pitch Black

adamclark52
01-29-2014, 10:23 AM
My son play Cooking Mama on Wii. I feel like I want to vomit.

illuminatus917
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
X-Men: First Class

SomewhereInTime72
01-29-2014, 06:03 PM
My son play Cooking Mama on Wii. I feel like I want to vomit.
Cooking Mama is so much fun.

dcmetal108
01-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2

ravenheart
02-02-2014, 06:06 AM
So I've started watching Longmire, anyone seen it?

Robert Taylor is great as Longmire, but this has really made me realise what a shitty actress Katee Sackhoff is.

Natrlhi
02-02-2014, 04:21 PM
X-Men: First Class

One of the best superhero movies ever made. McAvoy and Fassbender were both exquisite.

John The Drummer
02-02-2014, 04:31 PM
One of the best superhero movies ever made. McAvoy and Fassbender were both exquisite.

A lot of people say that, but I don't get it :(
I'll need to watch it again. Not saying it wasn't good, just don't really get all the hype.