PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Now Watching' Thread Part II

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

SomewhereInTime72
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
i know. thats my point. :eyes:

I wasn't disagreeing. :cool: I just kinda found it funny you listed them together...
Where did they get that "science" from? A fucking Cracker Jack box?

LOL! :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
economically they will.

but their standard of living will still be crap so who cares?

communism will fall on its own...its only a matter of time

SomewhereInTime72
05-09-2007, 07:33 PM
communist will fall on its own...its only a matter of time

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Where did they get that "science" from? A fucking Cracker Jack box?

You havent watched the movie have you? I DIDNT THINK SO! You watched one polarizing movie, believed it, and didnt leave the window open for scientific peer review.....In science, they dont take every statement as fact..they analyze the data and offer many answers...If you watched the video, you would realize that there is REAL science in that movie....From people from NASA, and the United Nations' council on climate change...not wackos.

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 07:34 PM
communist will fall on its own...its only a matter of time

good lord. i hope you havent eaten that shit too.

china is only pretending to be communist. They are capitalists just like us. They even have private property laws now . . . so any shread of communism they ever possessed is gone now. They are on the upswing, i considerding the fact that their "communism" has already fallen, id say the will probably continue that way for a long long time. But then, as i said earlier, it doesnt really matter because life for the average chinese citizen sucks. Who cares if they make better cars than us?

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM
You havent watched the movie have you? I DIDNT THINK SO! You watched one polarizing movie, believed it, and didnt leave the window open for scientific peer review.....In science, they dont take every statement as fact..they analyze the data and offer many answers...If you watched the video, you would realize that there is REAL science in that movie....From people from NASA, and the United Nations' council on climate change...not wackos.

yea, but they probably chopped up the interviews just like michael moore does.

powerslave_85
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Don't even fucking talk about scientific peer review. There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of scholarly, peer reviewed articles that say beyond the shadow of a doubt that global warming is happening and that humans are causing it. I knew that looong before I saw Al Gore's movie. In fact, the thing that's so fucked up about all this is that I don't even remember this being a debate a few years ago. And everytime I see on the news that some high profile "scientist" has come up with evidence to the contrary, it ALWAYS comes out a few days later that he was being paid by oil companies. Every time.

PS- You're right, the UN Council on climate change didn't agree with most estimates on global warming. They said that the reality was worse.

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
yea, but they probably chopped up the interviews just like michael moore does.

please educate (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4499562022478442170&q=great+global+warming+swindle) yourself

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
just watch it...please

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 07:43 PM
just watch it...please

ok i will. but not today, and not this week. Im far to busy. please pm me the link so i dont loose it.

you dont actually believe that global warming is a hoax do you?

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
ok i will. but not today, and not this week. Im far to busy. please pm me the link so i dont loose it.

you dont actually believe that global warming is a hoax do you?

not a hoax. But I also dont believe in believing every single thing you are told, and that until you hear both sides of the story (which is what you do in science) you cant really formulate a formidable opinion.

Div
05-09-2007, 07:50 PM
if a scientist gets a job working with global warming, and they prove it wrong, theyre out of the job. now lets just say thousands upon thousands of scientists have jobs dealing with global warming.

the oceans "digest" excess c02. are you guys telling me that humans have made so much c02 that we've maxed out the oceans which cover 70% of our planet by a gas that only takes up 0.0383% of our atmosphere? has anyone forgotten without c02 this planet would die?

"being green" has gone from a movement with good intentions to some trendy fad. hell, theres "acredited scientists" who are telling us that having kids is kiling the environment, and that we need population reduction. how far are people going to take this? has anyone seen these celebrities electric bills? how about all the emissions their leer jets put out? can you guys honestly take scientific info from a politician/actor/singer/etc?

powerslave_85
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I turned it off once they started in on that "OMGZ, this is a huge conspiracy and if you don't believe what they do you'll be found in a dumpster!!!one1!!" bullshit.

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I turned it off once they started in on that "OMGZ, this is a huge conspiracy and if you don't believe what they do you'll be found in a dumpster!!!one1!!" bullshit.

its actually not that bad. id watch it id i was you, and i dont agree with it at all.

MetalDrummer888
05-09-2007, 08:02 PM
its actually not that bad. id watch it id i was you, and i dont agree with it at all.

haha actually i take that back.

its completely full of shit. Im sad CoS bought it. Ill right i detailed explaination later, but ive really got to do something else.

zgodt
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
if a scientist gets a job working with global warming, and they prove it wrong, theyre out of the job.
That's a crock. Scientists thrive on antagonism, and there's an enormous market these days for any research that casts doubt on the otherwise rock-solid scientific consensus about global warming. If any credibile, impartial scientist discovered compelling evidence to cast doubt on global warming, they would have it fucking made.

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
That's a crock. Scientists thrive on antagonism, and there's an enormous market these days for any research that casts doubt on the otherwise rock-solid scientific consensus about global warming. If any credibile, impartial scientist discovered compelling evidence to cast doubt on global warming, they would have it fucking made.

didnt they do a poll of scientists that said many of them went along with global warming because they would be persecuted if they said otherwise?

zgodt
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
didnt they do a poll of scientists that said many of them went along with global warming because they would be persecuted if they said otherwise?

I don't know. I've never seen anything of the sort.

DreamEvil001
05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I have watched parts of it....I have learned to watch almost all of Mike's videos....because I have learned so fucking much about Global Warming, 9/11, Gun Rights, and government in general..It would be a huge loss not to listen to the view points of people other than corporate textbook producers.

i watched the first 10 minutes, i dont have time to finish it now. but i thought it was really revealing when they interviewed people on the street about laws requiring us to pay income tax and they asked if they would pay it if they found out it wasn't required. of course the response was "hell no, why would you pay taxes if you didn't have to?" this reveal another flaw in society: most people (including me) are relatively greedy and must be forced to pay taxes to insure that necessary programs get funded. dont get me wrong, they want social service, free education, and all that stuff; they just dont want to pay for it. therefore an organization that exists to regulate taxes and make sure they are paid is necessary

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
i watched the first 10 minutes, i dont have time to finish it now. but i thought it was really revealing when they interviewed people on the street about laws requiring us to pay income tax and they asked if they would pay it if they found out it wasn't required. of course the response was "hell no, why would you pay taxes if you didn't have to?" this reveal another flaw in society: most people (including me) are relatively greedy and must be forced to pay taxes to insure that necessary programs get funded. dont get me wrong, they want social service, free education, and all that stuff; they just dont want to pay for it. therefore an organization that exists to regulate taxes and make sure they are paid is necessary

States would still collect taxes, in Ron Paul's world. Isnt Education handled by the states?

EvilCheeseWedge
05-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Do you ever wish Dan Brown would write a book about global warming? If anybody could convince the world that global warming wasn't real, it'd be Dan Brown. Even if the book had a giant sticker on the front that said, "Does not contain facts."

ADD
05-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Is this topic of discussion about how global warming is not happening? Don't wanna read through everything.

For the record I hate that name they give it, they need to call it something else. The planet NATURALLY warms yes, but it doesn't naturally fuck itself.

Either way its a total misnomer, I was under the impression we'd be getting 80degrees and sunshine year round, this is bullshit, I DEMAND REAL GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!! 55 DEGREES AND CLOUDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! :flame:

Div
05-10-2007, 12:27 PM
You guys should read this: http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,481684,00.html

Bouville
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Ice core and lake core records clearly shows environmental change since at least the Pleistocene until modern times. Global warming is a fact.

ADD
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Ice core and lake core records clearly shows environmental change since at least the Pleistocene until modern times. Global warming is a fact.
But can't they just call it "extreme global heating" or something, cuz where people saying its not happening get off is that yes, the earth goes through natural warming periods, of course its getting fucking warmer. I have no doubt personally that this is a reality however.

Bouville
05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
But can't they just call it "extreme global heating" or something, cuz where people saying its not happening get off is that yes, the earth goes through natural warming periods, of course its getting fucking warmer. I have no doubt personally that this is a reality however.

The problem is that there is a geometric progression towards increasing temperatures. The pace was really slow in the past but now it is out of control and clearly humans are responsible for this.

ADD
05-10-2007, 03:28 PM
The problem is that there is a geometric progression towards increasing temperatures. The pace was really slow in the past but now it is out of control and clearly humans are responsible for this.
Right, a lot of people focus on that first part though and leave out how much it has increased in exponential form since industrialization.

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I found it interesting that estimated CO2 levels actually LAG behind rising temperature. Or so I have heard.

Div
05-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I can't wait for it to get warmer in NJ. Less snow means I can get a rear wheel drive muscle car and I won't go sliding off the road :party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I can't wait for it to get warmer in NJ. Less snow means I can get a rear wheel drive muscle car and I won't go sliding off the road :party:

I found it weird that we had snow days in March, here in Ohio...Our winter came late, and stayed longer...

Div
05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
They need to bring this show back!! :mad:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/2/156/412/5598/9785#

powerslave_85
05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
They need to bring this show back!! :mad:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/2/156/412/5598/9785#
Uh, which one? :eyes:

Div
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Uh, which one? :eyes:

Damn it redirects back to the home page.

It was Sealab 2021.

powerslave_85
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Damn it redirects back to the home page.

It was Sealab 2021.
Oh. I agree. But it went downhill after the guy who played Capt. Murphy died.

Div
05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh. I agree. But it went downhill after the guy who played Capt. Murphy died.

Yea, after that the show really lost alot of it's humor.. except for the whale cancer episode.

Div
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM

Interesting. There was a forum about this at my college recently, mostly between the professors. Did you know that recent increases in sunspot activity is also a factor here? One of the top 3 causes infact. Climate on all the planets is changing. Also, parts of the world are actually cooling, such as south-eastern U.S., meaning that the warming isn't uniform. If solar activity warms the ocean, it has nothing to do with man-made c02. So while it's contributing, man-made c02 emissions aren't the main cause of warming, or the only cause of warming.

For the sake of science, people need to consider all working theories and not just get caught up with one of them. Global warming is really a hell of alot more complicated than just the exhaust coming from my V8. So basically the reason I believe that the government is focusing only on the "man made" cause is so they can implement their global carbon tax.

Basically to sum up what I'm saying, people need to view this rationally, realize everything you hear is still a theory, and not jump the gun and start to panic. More research still needs to be done.

Oh, and to answer anyone's question, I doubt very much these students/professors were paid off by the oil companies. I really wish the video of it was up on the net.

zgodt
05-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Interesting. There was a forum about this at my college recently, mostly between the professors. Did you know that recent increases in sunspot activity is also a factor here? One of the top 3 causes infact. Climate on all the planets is changing. Also, parts of the world are actually cooling, such as south-eastern U.S., meaning that the warming isn't uniform. If solar activity warms the ocean, it has nothing to do with man-made c02. So while it's contributing, man-made c02 emissions aren't the main cause of warming, or the only cause of warming.

For the sake of science, people need to consider all working theories and not just get caught up with one of them. Global warming is really a hell of alot more complicated than just the exhaust coming from my V8. So basically the reason I believe that the government is focusing only on the "man made" cause is so they can implement their global carbon tax.

Basically to sum up what I'm saying, people need to view this rationally, realize everything you hear is still a theory, and not jump the gun and start to panic. More research still needs to be done.

Oh, and to answer anyone's question, I doubt very much these students/professors were paid off by the oil companies. I really wish the video of it was up on the net.
This is a red herring. Climatology researchers have been looking at sunspots (among other "natural" explanations) as a cause of global warming for 20 years, and have determined conclusively that human activity is a far more significant factor in global warming than sunspots or any other explanation.

Of course global warming is complicated. That hardly means we should disregard the impact of your V8.

The government focusing only on the "manmade" cause? Are you serious? This American administration has done everything but. Bush backed us out of the Kyoto Treaty. He convened not one but two commissions to "study" the problem of global warming, even after the scientific consensus pointing to human industrial activity's role was well established, in hopes of poking holes in that consensus -- and both times the commisions came back saying that global warming is real and human activity is the cause. The government isn't siezing on global warming to further any agenda. The facts of global warming are forcing them to come up with an agenda that responds to it.

ChildrenofSodom
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
The government focusing only on the "manmade" cause? Are you serious? This American administration has done everything but. Bush backed us out of the Kyoto Treaty. He convened not one but two commissions to "study" the problem of global warming, even after the scientific consensus pointing to human industrial activity's role was well established, in hopes of poking holes in that consensus -- and both times the commisions came back saying that global warming is real and human activity is the cause. The government isn't siezing on global warming to further any agenda. The facts of global warming are forcing them to come up with an agenda that responds to it.

Clinton was aware that by committing to the Kyoto Protocol, China and India would pull ahead economically, and America would fall drastically behind in the world. Therefore, he didnt commit. You cant nail global warming on Bush.

Div
05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
This is a red herring. Climatology researchers have been looking at sunspots (among other "natural" explanations) as a cause of global warming for 20 years, and have determined conclusively that human activity is a far more significant factor in global warming than sunspots or any other explanation.

Of course global warming is complicated. That hardly means we should disregard the impact of your V8.

"Government" was referring more to the UN, who wants to implement the global carbon tax. But tell me how a tax will solve the problem? Their proposed solution does nothing to change the environment, it just collects more money for them. Water vapor is a far more dominant greenhouse gas, howcome we dont work on producing less of that?

And it depends where you get your sources from. EPA and NASA are good sources, while "Green Peace" isn't credible. I refuse to take data from a political source, because political sources always have an agenda to push. The problem I have with the man made c02 being the main cause is because its such a small % of the atmosphere, and when a volcano can easily out produce our emissions it makes me wonder if the earth can actually handle it after all. The c02 rise also seems to lag hundreds of years behind the increases in temperature.

But Im not trying to tell you you're wrong or I'm right, discussing theories is a good thing because it helps to clear up misinformation. The thing about global warming that Im the most concerned about however, is people who think like this (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21684156-5009760,00.html). Im sorry, but that facist shit is the same thing that led to China's horrible forced abortion policy. Which is why I just stress for people to do research and not get hysterical.

zgodt
05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
"Government" was referring more to the UN, who wants to implement the global carbon tax. But tell me how a tax will solve the problem? Their proposed solution does nothing to change the environment, it just collects more money for them. Water vapor is a far more dominant greenhouse gas, howcome we dont work on producing less of that?

And it depends where you get your sources from. EPA and NASA are good sources, while "Green Peace" isn't credible. I refuse to take data from a political source, because political sources always have an agenda to push. The problem I have with the man made c02 being the main cause is because its such a small % of the atmosphere, and when a volcano can easily out produce our emissions it makes me wonder if the earth can actually handle it after all. The c02 rise also seems to lag hundreds of years behind the increases in temperature.

But Im not trying to tell you you're wrong or I'm right, discussing theories is a good thing because it helps to clear up misinformation. The thing about global warming that Im the most concerned about however, is people who think like this (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21684156-5009760,00.html). Im sorry, but that facist shit is the same thing that led to China's horrible forced abortion policy. Which is why I just stress for people to do research and not get hysterical.
The idea of the tax is to give incentives for governments and companies to reduce carbon emissions on their own -- it's seen as a less intrusive, more market-friendly measure than outright emissions caps. Not to say I disagree or agree with this approach, but it is clearly aimed at environmental improvement (rather than fundraising for the UN).

Do you know what causes water vapor levels to increase in the atmosphere? Higher CO2 levels. We can't regulate water vapor levels directly. We can regulate CO2 levels, with a resulting positive impact on water vapor levels. A source such as the EPA -- especially under the Bush administration -- should not be seen as politically neutral. You need the voices of Greenpeace et al. to balance out the views offered by official/government groups, especially when the latter are so deeply influenced by corporations.

I don't see what's so fascist about the link. It's not proposing a law against having too many kids; just trying to advocate for people to decide to have fewer kids. What's the problem?

Div
05-11-2007, 11:04 PM
The idea of the tax is to give incentives for governments and companies to reduce carbon emissions on their own -- it's seen as a less intrusive, more market-friendly measure than outright emissions caps. Not to say I disagree or agree with this approach, but it is clearly aimed at environmental improvement (rather than fundraising for the UN).

Do you know what causes water vapor levels to increase in the atmosphere? Higher CO2 levels. We can't regulate water vapor levels directly. We can regulate CO2 levels, with a resulting positive impact on water vapor levels. A source such as the EPA -- especially under the Bush administration -- should not be seen as politically neutral. You need the voices of Greenpeace et al. to balance out the views offered by official/government groups, especially when the latter are so deeply influenced by corporations.

I don't see what's so fascist about the link. It's not proposing a law against having too many kids; just trying to advocate for people to decide to have fewer kids. What's the problem?

So we should wait until it gets proposed as a law to think its a bit extreme? Heres another article http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2007/20070506180903.aspx its this type of extremist self-hating attitude that can lead to serious problems. Especially when people like that are already in powerful places in world government.

zgodt
05-12-2007, 09:03 AM
So we should wait until it gets proposed as a law to think its a bit extreme? Heres another article http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2007/20070506180903.aspx its this type of extremist self-hating attitude that can lead to serious problems. Especially when people like that are already in powerful places in world government.

I fail to see what's "extreme" about asking people to consider having fewer children. They aren't talking about compulsion, so even imagining that this would lead to a law being proposed is a bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Okay. So there are a few extremist crackpots in the world. But painting all environmentalists with the same broad brush does nothing for your credibility. If you can't distinguish between sensible scientists arguing for sharp CO2 reductions vs. some idiot saying we need to thin out 85% of the human population... then the education system is in even worse shape than I thought. :hecho:

Div
05-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I fail to see what's "extreme" about asking people to consider having fewer children. They aren't talking about compulsion, so even imagining that this would lead to a law being proposed is a bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Okay. So there are a few extremist crackpots in the world. But painting all environmentalists with the same broad brush does nothing for your credibility. If you can't distinguish between sensible scientists arguing for sharp CO2 reductions vs. some idiot saying we need to thin out 85% of the human population... then the education system is in even worse shape than I thought. :hecho:

Im not generalizing them all that way, Im saying these loons give them a bad name.

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Im not generalizing them all that way, Im saying these loons give them a bad name.

just like there are a few loons that give gun owners a bad name, just like there are a few loons that give conservatives a bad name, and just like there are a few loons that give liberals a bad name.

your point?

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Fuck Your Mom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TLA_f7S0cw&mode=related&search=)

JRA
05-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Fuck Your Mom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TLA_f7S0cw&mode=related&search=)

I've seen this! This is awesome! :lol:

MetalDrummer888
05-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I've seen this! This is awesome! :lol:

i know!! i laughed my ass off. :lol: :party:

Div
05-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Crank

The directing in this movie was amazing!

es156
05-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Armored Saint - Last Train Home video on Headbanger's Ball.

:party:

DethMaiden
05-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Walk the Line

Div
05-13-2007, 06:26 PM
BLADE RUNNER!!

JRA
05-14-2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPl7EER9jLo&mode=related&search=

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I was unable to eat or drink while watching this.

Div
05-14-2007, 02:26 PM
A very quiet version of The Transporter :hmm:

MetalDrummer888
05-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Walk the Line

BLADE RUNNER!!

i never understood this movie :eyes:

MetalDrummer888
05-14-2007, 06:13 PM
http://photos-686.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v74/95/27/1488720031/n1488720031_30041686_7101.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
I see nothing wrong with that sign. Except maybe it's missing something about witches.

MetalDrummer888
05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I see nothing wrong with that sign. Except maybe it's missing something about witches.

you mean these witches?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/Three_female_druids.jpg/727px-Three_female_druids.jpg

Div
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
you mean these witches?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/Three_female_druids.jpg/727px-Three_female_druids.jpg

FAT!!!!! :scared:

MetalDrummer888
05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
FAT!!!!! :scared:

it doesnt matter whether they are fat or anorexic . . . they are fuckin witches :eek:

what a bunch of goddamn freaks :hecho:

JRA
05-14-2007, 07:07 PM
it doesnt matter whether they are fat or anorexic . . . they are fuckin witches :eek:

what a bunch of goddamn freaks :hecho:

I hooked up with a wiccan once. :eyes:

Anyways...

http://riffripoffs77.ytmnd.com/

I have another reason to hate Sublime! :party: :party:

MetalDrummer888
05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I hooked up with a wiccan once. :eyes:

Anyways...

http://riffripoffs77.ytmnd.com/

I have another reason to hate Sublime! :party: :party:

im pretty sure that is a coincidence . . . its a very very simple and common chord progression.

besides, i love sublime, and especially What i Got :allan:

overkiller
05-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I just finished watching a Norwegian TV documentary on the whole black metal church arson/murder thing, which focused on Varg. And let the Burzum commence...

JRA
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
im pretty sure that is a coincidence . . . its a very very simple and common chord progression.

besides, i love sublime, and especially What i Got :allan:

POSEUR!!!!

Blaze shall drown you in the lake of fire!!!

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

:eyes:
Fuck Sublime.

http://riffripoffs4.ytmnd.com/

MetalDrummer888
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM
POSEUR!!!!

what exactly am i posing as? :eyes:

and what is so bad about sublime . . . they cant be that bad . . .

im listening to Reel Big Fish right now :party:

Div
05-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I hooked up with a wiccan once.

Was it a magical experience?

JRA
05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
http://riffripoffs27.ytmnsfw.com/

Wow, to think that Nirvana's "legendary" career was nothing more than a Boston riff.

zgodt
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM

Wow, to think that Nirvana's "legendary" career was nothing more than a Boston riff.

(a) Why is that "nsfw"?
(b) Nirvana was the shit well before "Smells Like Teen Spirit" came out, and were damn good after.
(c) Rhythm is similar, but the chord progression is different, especially for the last half of the riff. Other bands have ripped off Boston a lot worse, and more directly, than Nirvana. (Urge Overkill comes to mind).

JRA
05-14-2007, 09:10 PM
(a) Why is that "nsfw"?
(b) Nirvana was the shit well before "Smells Like Teen Spirit" came out, and were damn good after.
(c) Rhythm is similar, but the chord progression is different, especially for the last half of the riff. Other bands have ripped off Boston a lot worse, and more directly, than Nirvana. (Urge Overkill comes to mind).

a) Because it has the Nevermind cover in it.
b) :lol:
c) :hmm:

powerslave_85
05-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Just got done watching the Suns live to see another day :D

zgodt
05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
a) Because it has the Nevermind cover in it.
b) :lol:
c) :hmm:

(a) lame.
(b) Sliver > anything Rush has ever done.
(c) :hmm:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Was it a magical experience?

:wow:

overkiller
05-15-2007, 08:05 AM
http://riffripoffs4.ytmnd.com/

Yes!! I'm so glad they have that one.

overkiller
05-15-2007, 08:08 AM

That one's really weak, they barely sound the same at all.

JRA
05-15-2007, 08:29 AM
That one's really weak, they barely sound the same at all.

I think they might be in different tunings.

es156
05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
(b) Sliver > anything Rush has ever done.

This statement is correct....in the alternate universe where things that suck > things that don't suck.

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 11:28 AM
This statement is correct....in the alternate universe where things that suck > things that don't suck.

:party: :party: :party:

Div
05-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Will be watching Ron Paul clean the floor with the rest of these bullshit canidates on the second GOP debate tonite at 9pm EST.

ADD
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
I think they might be in different tunings.
What is it with you and your obsession over tuning? :lol: Just seems to pop up everywhere :eyes:

JRA
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
What is it with you and your obsession over tuning? :lol: Just seems to pop up everywhere :eyes:

My complaining that your referring to is the when a band plays in lower key live than they do on the albums. I mean, I guess when they tune down half a step its not that noticeable, but when they do it a full step it completely ruins the song for me. (See: Rush playing 2112 nowdays, the entire Judas Priest 98 Live Meltdown album)

Whereas here, I think if you played Smells Like Teen Spirit in standard (I heard somewhere that they downtune) it would practically sound the same as "More Than a Feeling."

For the record, no I don't think every band should play in standard. If a band wants to play in Drop A or whatever on their albums that's their choice. Just play that same key live.
:allan:

powerslave_85
05-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Whereas here, I think if you played Smells Like Teen Spirit in standard (I heard somewhere that they downtune)Nope. I know SMLTS is in standard, and most of their other stuff is in standard too.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Will be watching Ron Paul clean the floor with the rest of these bullshit canidates on the second GOP debate tonite at 9pm EST.

Me too...should be kickass

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Me too...should be kickass

im rooting for him too :party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 03:27 PM
im rooting for him too :party:

He is CLEARLY better than any other Republican, and I would say (if I knew enough about the Democratic hopefuls) than any Democrat...I just hope the media doesnt hide his poll results like they did on MSNBC last time :(

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
He is CLEARLY better than any other Republican, and I would say (if I knew enough about the Democratic hopefuls) than any Democrat...I just hope the media doesnt hide his poll results like they did on MSNBC last time :(

you misunderstood me a bit i think :eyes:

i ment because he is such a radical, he will have no hope of winning the prediential election. I would love him to win the republican primaries because that would pretty much guarantee a democratic win . . . hopefully it won't be hillary :hecho:

:lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM

i ment because he is such a radical, he will have no hope of winning the prediential election. I would love him to win the republican primaries because that would pretty much guarantee a democratic win . . . hopefully it won't be hillary :hecho:

I would vote for him, but something deep inside is sure that he will lose, and I have to start looking for other candidates. And i dont think the Democrats can win...Too fractured...Not enough support for a single candidate. Unless Barack or Clinton win, and choose the other as their VP...That would fucking suck :hecho:

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I would vote for him, but something deep inside is sure that he will lose, and I have to start looking for other candidates. And i dont think the Democrats can win...Too fractured...Not enough support for a single candidate. Unless Barack or Clinton win, and choose the other as their VP...That would fucking suck :hecho:

and you dont think republicans are fragmmented?? :lol:

both parties are ridiculously fragmented. I mean look at the Republicans . . . theres the envangelical christians, social conservatives, political conservatives, big business, ultra-patriots, Anti-Gun Control People, pro-life people, pro-war people, anti-war people, southern whites . . . good lord! What are christians doing on the side of big business? If anything they should be with the group that supports governemt programs like education and medical aid . . . not on the side that supports big business.

as to the democrats, you have ultra-liberals, socialists, basically all non-whites, poor people that dont live in the south, tons of business interests also, anti-war people, pro-choice, pro-gay marraige . . . its just as bad.

The party system is kind of a necessity but it really is fucked up. You shouldnt have to vote for someone you dont really agree with just because you dont think your hopeful has a chance of winning.

I personally want Barak Obama as the democratic candidate. I think he is moderate/sane enough to get enough of the middle vote. He is very religious, so with any luck he'll get some of the evangelicals vote. He does not support gay marraige, although he supports all other gay rights, so he wont antagonize social conservatives too much. He is not white, so he will probably get almost all of the minority vote. I hate to sound sexist but i think that Hillary will have major trouble because of her aggressive-woman/mother persona. I think that many moderates will be scared away from her, whereas Obama, aside from being black, is not really a dramatic step politically.

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 03:58 PM

oh, and Hillary will never be Obama's vice-president. Her ego would never allow that.

and you know whats funny? Most people call Barack Obama "Obama" and Hillary Clinton "Hillary" but you did it vice-versa . . . strange . . . :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Well..Barack doesnt have enough experience, IMO....

Also, I think its pretty stupid when you vote for someone based solely on one aspect of their platform. I know most voters do do that, but it seems Barack is going to get more votes because he is expendable enough to fit into so many categories....While his real politics may not be as grand as they are made out to be. And its sad that his election will not be won with talk of taxes, abortion, healthcare, domestic policy of any sort, trade policies, etc..But by the stance on the GOPresident's handling of a war.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I just found out Jerry Falwell died :eyes:

powerslave_85
05-15-2007, 05:28 PM

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 05:29 PM

I'd be much happier if Dr. James Dobson did.

powerslave_85
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I'd be much happier if Dr. James Dobson did.
I don't know who that is, but Falwell was bigoted ignorant fuckwad, and the world is a slightly better place without him.

DreamEvil001
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM

hallelujah

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 05:33 PM

finally :party:

it is amazing to me that so much hatred, ignorance, and hypocricy can come from one single person.

if there is a hell, i hope he's in the hottest part :allan:

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't know who that is, but Falwell was bigoted ignorant fuckwad, and the world is a slightly better place without him.

Focus on the Family? Tries to cure gays?

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Focus on the Family? Tries to cure gays?

yea . . . i remember watching a news program about those "clinics"

thats some really wrong stuff there.

btw, for PS85:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dobson

powerslave_85
05-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Ah, okay, now I remember. Yeah, he's an asshole too, but Falwell was the "big fish," so to speak.

Div
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM

On the contrary, he's the only canidate who can beat a dem. Noone in this country is going to vote for a pro-war canidate.

@ CoS, they're not even having an online poll, you gotta text message your vote in. What a load of crap. Why won't they have an internet poll!?!

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 05:51 PM
On the contrary, he's the only canidate who can beat a dem. Noone in this country is going to vote for a pro-war canidate.

@ CoS, they're not even having an online poll, you gotta text message your vote in. What a load of crap. Why won't they have an internet poll!?!

because there is a worldwide conspiracy against the true-American movement.

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 05:52 PM

by all means vote for him then :)

because the channel is owned by the same people who own the cellular companies and they want to make money off of your text messages. If that wasnt already bad enough, it completely skews the poll because only the radicals who care enough to text their votes will bother. What a load of horse shit.

Div
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
by all means vote for him then :)

because the channel is owned by the same people who own the cellular companies and they want to make money off of your text messages. If that wasnt already bad enough, it completely skews the poll because only the radicals who care enough to text their votes will bother. What a load of horse shit.

When the GOP election gets close I plan to go around my town at night and put yard signs up along all the major roads :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 05:55 PM
When the GOP election gets close I plan to go around my town at night and put yard signs up along all the major roads :D

HAHA..I am getting more people that I know to give Ron Paul a chance, but I have to realize that I dont have enough influence to do anything...

Ron Paul is doing pretty well in the debate, McCain is sweating and the others are just cracking jokes. :tp:

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
HAHA..I am getting more people that I know to give Ron Paul a chance, but I have to realize that I dont have enough influence to do anything...

Ron Paul is doing pretty well in the debate, McCain is sweating and the others are just cracking jokes. :tp:

what channel is it on?

powerslave_85
05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Ron Paul has no chance because nobody knows who he is.

Div
05-15-2007, 05:58 PM
what channel is it on?

FOX News :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Wtf, they keep skipping Ron Paul! They did this like 3 times now!

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 05:59 PM
FAUX News :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Count it*

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Ron Paul has no chance because nobody knows who he is.

:snivel: I know.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
FOX News :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Wtf, they keep skipping Ron Paul! They did this like 3 times now!

They did McCain on the left, then went all the way to the right side and totally ignored Paul..THAT FUCKING SUCKS!!

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 06:09 PM
They did McCain on the left, then went all the way to the right side and totally ignored Paul..THAT FUCKING SUCKS!!

what just happened to Ron Paul was fucked up! That is such bullshit. He was completely right when he said that we invited the 9/11 attacks and that other man (whose name i didnt recognize) just turned his truth into campaign dirt bullshit. I may not support Ron Paul, but he was very right about what he said and making him look bad because he was the only one who dared to speak the truth is just wrong. Whoever that other hopeful is that asked him to retract his statement is a fucking piece of shit.

:bouville:

ADD
05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
"Those who tell the truth shall die, those who tell the truth shall live forever."

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
what just happened to Ron Paul was fucked up! That is such bullshit. He was completely right when he said that we invited the 9/11 attacks and that other man (whose name i didnt recognize) just turned his truth into campaign dirt bullshit. I may not support Ron Paul, but he was very right about what he said and making him look bad because he was the only one who dared to speak the truth is just wrong. Whoever that other hopeful is that asked him to retract his statement is a fucking piece of shit.

:bouville:

That was Rudi Giuliani..former mayor of NYC.

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
and whoever just said that the arabs would still be attacking us even if we werent wrecking their countries because it is "part of their religion" is a fucking embarressement to the party.

powerslave_85
05-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Hahaha. How is any of this surprising AT ALL???

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
and whoever just said that the arabs would still be attacking us even if we werent wrecking their countries because it is "part of their religion" is a fucking embarressement to the party.

Nay, the country.

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
That was Rudi Giuliani..former mayor of NYC.

well he is the goddamn antichrist

sorry, i dont know much about the republican hopefulls so i dont know any of their names

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
well he is the goddamn antichrist

sorry, i dont know much about the republican hopefulls so i dont know any of their names

Any hint of support that I felt towards him has gone down the drain. Guiliani and the Muslim-hater are wastes of space...

I am so pissed. Guiliani basically said he would support anything that it took to get info out of POW...and the crowd loved it..FUCKING SHEEP...Romney just said the POW dont deserve access to good lawyers....GODDAMMIT...REPUBLICANS ARE FASCISTS!!

Div
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Guliani's whole campaign is "i wuz teh mayor of NYC on 9-oneone!11!" seriously he says that in every question, its also rumored that his father was a mob boss. Even if the latter isnt true, he's still a piece of shit for interrupting and attacking Mr Paul like that during his mic time.

ADD
05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
LOL @ people who bitch at how we treat our POW's. They get treated better in general than how we treat some of our own citizens.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 06:26 PM
LOL @ people who bitch at how we treat our POW's. They get treated better in general than how we treat some of our own citizens.

ok...

RON PAUL JUST MENTIONED "NEWSPEAK" :shred: :shred: :shred:

ADD
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Newspeak, what the hell is that? :lol:

Div
05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
ok...

RON PAUL JUST MENTIONED "NEWSPEAK" :shred: :shred: :shred:

You could tell everyone got pissed at him last time when he mentioned how we're building huge permanent military bases in iraq :lol:

"RON PUAL SHT UP UR RUNING TEH PLANZ!!!"

DethMaiden
05-15-2007, 06:29 PM

ADD
Didn't read it :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom

Its from 1984..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak

:fist:

ADD
05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Ron Paul officially sounds like a fuckin boss, plus he's got a good slogan.

STAND TALL WITH RON PAUL :metal:

ADD
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
And on an unrelated note.....

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

Div
05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Didn't read it :hecho:

It's a pretty good read. It's where the whole "Big Brother is watching you" came from.

Freedom is Slavery
War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Hahaha. How is any of this surprising AT ALL???

its not. its still frustrating.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
i am now watching the weather channel...fucking tornado in the county to the east of us

zgodt
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM

:eyes:

Div
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
http://rp2008.ytmnd.com/

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
RON PAUL IS 30% ON THE TEXT MESSAGE POLL....NUMBER ONE :shred: :shred: :shred:

Div
05-15-2007, 07:08 PM
RON PAUL IS 30% ON THE TEXT MESSAGE POLL....NUMBER ONE :shred: :shred: :shred:

Somehow I knew that was going to happen. That fit with Guliani is going to get him alot of publicity now. Thats so funny how that one "expert" was like "its all over for Ron Paul" then he comes out #1 :lol:

Bouville
05-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Someone needs to crack a Peter North joke :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Somehow I knew that was going to happen. That fit with Guliani is going to get him alot of publicity now. Thats so funny how that one "expert" was like "its all over for Ron Paul" then he comes out #1 :lol:

yeah :lol: I am kinda glad the Fox News crew doesnt like Paul...That way his name isnt tainted by the conservatives nuts.

Div
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM

Yes, perferably in picture format.

Bouville
05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, perferably in picture format.

Permanent banning assured :allan:

JRA
05-15-2007, 07:18 PM

Enh, everyone's agreeing with each other though. That does not arouse Peter North.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Permanent banning assured :allan:

haha

Ron Paul is winning the MSNBC poll...at 67% approval rating.

Bouville
05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
That does not arouse Peter North.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Alan Colmes is trying to force Ron Paul into a box with labels of "Libertarian" and "Republican"

Sean Hannity is trying to deny that Arabs are angry at us because we are too involved in the Middle East....Ron Paul is owning him.

Div
05-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Alan Colmes is trying to force Ron Paul into a box with labels of "Libertarian" and "Republican"

Sean Hannity is trying to deny that Arabs are angry at us because we are too involved in the Middle East....Ron Paul is owning him.

Sean Hannity: "I just can't stop fucking talking!"

Doesn't he realize Paul's non-intervention policy is correct? If we stayed out of foriegn affairs we wouldn't have given him the gas in the first place that he used on the Kurds. Fuck FOX.

EDIT: # of chances each canidate got to speak

McCain: 8
Romney: 7
Guliani: 6
Tancredo: 5
Huckaby: 5
Gilmore: 5
Hunter: 5
Brownback: 5
Paul: 4
Thompson: 4

EDIT EDIT: LoL they're all in denial

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Enh, everyone's agreeing with each other though.

haha im actually liking this :party:

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 08:24 PM

that is really great . . . but remember, the polls are gonna be a bit skewed by non-republicans voting . . . i know i sent a txt in for Ron Paul and i certainly wont be voting in the republican primaries.

I have to say that i am really impressed with Ron Paul. At least he isnt in complete denial. I really liked what he had to say about our foreign policy. Although i liked what McCain had to say about the torture question (and that being the only thing he said that i liked), that entire hypothetical question was the lamest part of the debate. Nuclear bombs goinf off in supermarkets? For fuck's sake!

MetalDrummer888
05-15-2007, 08:25 PM

damn . . . i missed that part. If anybody finds it on youtube anytime soon tell me ok?

EDIT: and somebody post a link to that poll before FOX censors it

Div
05-16-2007, 01:21 AM
damn . . . i missed that part. If anybody finds it on youtube anytime soon tell me ok?

EDIT: and somebody post a link to that poll before FOX censors it

Here's the sorry excuse for journalism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNz0pta4PVU

As for the poll, Paul and Romney were tied at 27% at the end of the show.

JRA
05-16-2007, 05:56 AM
There is one thing I don't like about Ron Paul, which is that he is pro-life.

I'd like to see any of those guys from Fox News defend themselves against this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMvh8s2wtw

ChildrenofSodom
05-16-2007, 07:32 AM
There is one thing I don't like about Ron Paul, which is that he is pro-life.

I'd like to see any of those guys from Fox News defend themselves against this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMvh8s2wtw

He is prolife in the sense that the baby is a human life, but if the mother is at risk or the circumstances are warranted, then abortion is okay. But mainly, he doesnt agree with Roe V Wade, because it isnt the job of the federal government to decide the issue of abortion for all of America. Obviously, each state has a different opinion on the issue, and it should be up to the state legislature/courts to speak for their own people.

MetalDrummer888
05-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Here's the sorry excuse for journalism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNz0pta4PVU

As for the poll, Paul and Romney were tied at 27% at the end of the show.

tied in first?

as to the hannity thing . . . wow, i bet some corperation was paying hannity to harrass him like that. Utter bullshit . . . and he defended himself perfectly. The problem is all the ignorants out there will not understand any of his arguments :(

DreamEvil001
05-16-2007, 01:55 PM
i just watched on youtube the part of the debate where ron paul was shot down for his explanation of 9/11... that was fucked up, he was dead on. guiliani is a dick

MetalDrummer888
05-16-2007, 02:02 PM
i just watched on youtube the part of the debate where ron paul was shot down for his explanation of 9/11... that was fucked up, he was dead on. guiliani is a dick

you know whats funny?

guiliani got owned in the poll by Ron Paul :lol:

thanks to sane people like me texting my vote in :eyes:

SomewhereInTime72
05-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Sketches from A Bit Of Fry and Laurie on Youtube. Its hilarious.

powerslave_85
05-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Well, so much for the shred of respect I had for Ron Paul!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/15/124912/740

:hecho: :hecho:

DreamEvil001
05-16-2007, 06:04 PM

dear god :hecho: "Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers." They're also impoverished all out of proportion to their numbers. so yeah, cut even more welfare funding and increase crime you dumbfuck :tp:

SomewhereInTime72
05-16-2007, 07:03 PM

I'd be willing to be that Obama is the only candidate who's NOT at least a little bit of a racist, and at least this guys open about it... I wouldn't rule him out as a candidate over this, but I'd definitely take it into consideration... Also, I think we know where he stands on a lot of issues, and that his weird opinions like this wouldn't effect his actions as president in ways we didn't already know about. I'm just proud of him for being the only one in the entire GOP debate for having something sensical to say about iraq...

:hmm: :hmm:

Politics blow. :bouville:

DreamEvil001
05-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't rule him out as a candidate over this, but I'd definitely take it into consideration...

yes he makes sense of iraq, but fuck, man. rule him out now. just because some of the other candidates are racist as well doesn't mean we should accept racism as a given.

Bouville
05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
just because some of the other candidates are racist as well doesn't mean we should accept racism as a given.

powerslave_85
05-16-2007, 07:48 PM
at least this guys open about it...Oh, for fuck's sake :tp: :hecho:

SomewhereInTime72
05-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh, for fuck's sake :tp: :hecho:

Well... he makes the rest of them look just as bad really (which is a good thing).

ChildrenofSodom
05-16-2007, 08:11 PM
BARAQ OBAM IZ BLAK..HEE IZ GOD 4 PREZIDNT! VOT 4 BARAQ OBAM, HEE AINT WITE LOL HE IZ AWTHENTIKLLY AFRIKN-AMRIKAN...THT MEENS HE IZ GRATE

zgodt
05-16-2007, 08:27 PM
BARAQ OBAM IZ BLAK..HEE IZ GOD 4 PREZIDNT! VOT 4 BARAQ OBAM, HEE AINT WITE LOL HE IZ AWTHENTIKLLY AFRIKN-AMRIKAN...THT MEENS HE IZ GRATE

This is not a smart post.

For future reference -- and this may be a useful lesson for all the whiny teenagers on board -- typing something sarcastic in capital letters with bad spelling does not amount to satire. It does not equate to making a good point. It's just fucking tedious.

Thank you for your attention, and have a nice day. :)

ADD
05-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I was already voting for Obama anyways but yeah :cool:

MetalDrummer888
05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I was already voting for Obama anyways but yeah :cool:

really? thats sick :party:

OBAMA!! :2cents:

MetalDrummer888
05-16-2007, 08:46 PM

dude . . . shut the fuck up :zzz:

nobody thinks Obama will be great just because he is black . . . what makes you think i whant a black president any more than a white president? . . . people think he will be great because he is new. Just like Kennedy, he is a youngster, and hes got some new ideas . . . ones that havent failed multiple times in the past like every other candidate from both parties. Maybe his ideas wont work . . . but its worth it to me to give something new a try. To say that people who plan to vote for Obama are only doing so because he is black is a ridiculous asinine claim. I fully expect you to refrase or take back that comment.

Div
05-16-2007, 09:15 PM
I suggest we not get into digging skeletons out of the canidates closets, cause let me tell you Paul's statement is NOTHING compared to some of the stuff other major frontrunners have. But hey, atleast Paul's misdemeanor constitutional.

Mudslinging won't accomplish anything good. Everyone has their own way in life and we choose presidential canidates according to that (among other things), its futile to try and change each other's views on life so lets just not even get into this.

MetalDrummer888
05-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I suggest we not get into digging skeletons out of the canidates closets, cause let me tell you Paul's statement is NOTHING compared to some of the stuff other major frontrunners have. But hey, atleast Paul's misdemeanor constitutional.

Mudslinging won't accomplish anything good. Everyone has their own way in life and we choose presidential canidates according to that (among other things), its futile to try and change each other's views on life so lets just not even get into this.

so are you saying we should elect a blatantly racist president on the grounds that nobody is perfect?

Div
05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
so are you saying we should elect a blatantly racist president on the grounds that nobody is perfect?

Im saying we shouldnt be stupid enough to vote based on past personal issues the canidates may have, instead we should focus on the policies they support and their past voting records. All mudslinging does is detract from the important matters.

If your going to debate a politician do it about their politics not about their personalities.

MetalDrummer888
05-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Im saying we shouldnt be stupid enough to vote based on past personal issues the canidates may have, instead we should focus on the policies they support and their past voting records. All mudslinging does is detract from the important matters.

If your going to debate a politician do it about their politics not about their personalities.

but this isnt about his personality. This is not mudslinging . . . mudslinging is like accusing him of rape or something absurd like that. Do you honestly think that his racism would not effect his politics? Of course it will . . . just like it has affected every racist president in the past.

You know what he'll do? He'll cut benefits to black communities and the when the crime rate there skyrockets, he'll claim its because blacks are morally inferior. When i get mugged by some black gangster because hes been pushed over the edge by lack of opportunity, ill know just who to thank. :hecho:

Bouville
05-16-2007, 10:32 PM

So basically what you are saying is that it is ok to be a racist if you have good policies. Good policies for whom?

How on earth can you say that his personality (racism) will not affect his politics? His racism is his personality, his personality is his agency and his agency is part of his social persona, therefore his racism is part of his social persona, part of his political agenda.

I cannot believe people argue in favor of racism, I cannot believe people think it is ok to be racist if you have good policies. There is no middle ground with racism, there is no gray area with racism, either you support it or you condemn it.

powerslave_85
05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
So basically what you are saying is that it is ok to be a racist if you have good policies. Good policies for whom?

How on earth can you say that his personality (racism) will not affect his politics? His racism is his personality, his personality is his agency and his agency is part of his social persona, therefore his racism is part of his social persona, part of his political agenda.

I cannot believe people argue in favor of racism, I cannot believe people think it is ok to be racist if you have good policies. There is no middle ground with racism, there is no gray area with racism, either you support it or you condemn it.
That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him. That may not be true for the rest of the country, but it is true in my experience. And in every form of media I have read, they say "Is America ready for a black president?"..In fact, with Barack and Clinton, I hardly know anything about their politics because everyone is so obsessed with their race and sex, respectively. I dont like his use of his race as a campaign tool. His supporters deem his as "the black man that doesnt scare whites." Does that warrant good policies? The fact that I don't find him scary?

EDIT: Looking at his "views" on Wikipedia, his policies dont look terrible. His stance on immigration is a little too liberal for me, but his stances on the military, Iraq, Iran are pretty smart. I wish he wasnt so extreme in the abortion area (thinking about the lives of the non-incest, non-rape, non-life threatening birth babies), but whatever. I love his stance on gay marriage, that marriage is between a man and a woman, but gays deserve every right to the same rights and unions. Dont like his gun control stance either. Gungrabber.

Oh well..I dont hate him as much as I did..I take back my comment, but he is still no saint in my book. And I dont think he has enough experience under his belt yet.

EDIT EDIT: Looking back, we have some pretty jackbooted liberals here. But the majority of the metalsetlists population is either east coast or west coast, so that isnt a shocker. :D...Just figured there would be more level-minded "true" conservatives, "true" liberals" or libertarians.

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 02:22 AM
When i get mugged by some black gangster because hes been pushed over the edge by lack of opportunity, ill know just who to thank. :hecho:

This may sound racist, but I dont care: it has to be said. What you just said was the largest piece of bullshit I have ever heard. Gangs are not started to commit crimes to "escape the ghetto" as you are claiming. Knifing an old lady cannot be justified by poverty. Robbing someone cannot be justified by the fact that robber lives in a poor neighborhood. A crime is a crime. I feel total sympathy for the overwhelmingly poor black community, but I think it is an absolute crock to blame the majority of crime on the government's inability to correct their poverty. The mindset of a criminal isnt "darn, I know I should be a law-abiding citizen, but I really want to escape my circumstances, so I will reluctantly commit this tiny crime to advance myself." They dont think that way. Some may, but the majority dont. Drug-dealing, prostitution, and gangs may be means to advance yourself, but they only succeed in corrupting the society even more, and negatively affecting both sides. I refuse to believe that every single intercity criminal is an innocent person driven my survival instincts. And frankly, the prospect that they commit vicious crimes in order to advance themselves only supports the image of "uneducated savage" that we know just isnt true. I know that because I am white, everyone here will take this as bigotry, but having spent the past year semi-frequently in the company of poor blacks in Dayton Ohio, I can say that not every poor fellow does what he can to escape poverty. As Bill Cosby and Chris Rock have alluded to numerous times, you wouldnt believe how many 40s, cans, and bottles are just lying around in the grass, on the street. People break into houses to steal 10 dollars worth of copper or siding, and most of it goes to drugs or alcohol(my grandfather was a cop for 20-odd years: he knows how it works). I am not saying the majority of intercity minorities are criminals, but those that are criminals are often less educated compared to those blacks that do succeed, and no crime is justified by poverty.

*awaits firestorm from non-whites and liberals*

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 02:24 AM
And all those calling Ron Paul a racist, I want you to know that he didnt write those articles: Dan Gannon did.

DethMaiden
05-17-2007, 05:29 AM
Ron Paul isn't wrong, he just had no relevant reason to say what he did.

zgodt
05-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him. That may not be true for the rest of the country, but it is true in my experience. And in every form of media I have read, they say "Is America ready for a black president?"..In fact, with Barack and Clinton, I hardly know anything about their politics because everyone is so obsessed with their race and sex, respectively. I dont like his use of his race as a campaign tool. His supporters deem his as "the black man that doesnt scare whites." Does that warrant good policies? The fact that I don't find him scary?

He isn't campaigning on his race. He can't control what the media chooses to focus on.

White people who say things like, "Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him," really need to think twice before they speak. :hecho: I mean, in 20 or so words there, you've (a) played the 'I'm not racist because I know some black people' card, (b) lumped all black people you know into one undifferentiated category, as if "they are all the same," (c) made a sweeping generalization of their complete political ignorance, and (d) made a sweeping attribution that they are all motivated by some sort of superficial race loyalty. It's stupid on so many levels.

JRA
05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
(a) played the 'I'm not racist because I know some black people' cards.

Out of curioisty, is there an "I'm not racist because I want to cover Vida Guerra's ass in cake frosting and eat it" card? :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Out of curioisty, is there an "I'm not racist because I want to cover Vida Guerra's ass in cake frosting and eat it" card? :D

Where can I get a deck of those cards :D

And I wasnt trying to generalize all blacks, but I was saying that my views on Barack are based on what I know. I base my opinions on the people I know. I was simply giving a disclaimer that I can only comment on what I know.

Div
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM

Im not arguing in favor of racism, but here in america, unlike socialist countries, you are allowed to speak and think freely. Even if you don't agree with Paul you shouldn't be calling to restrict his free speech. You either have 100% free speech or no free speech at all.

Besides, he was just talking about statistics, he didnt say "send those n*****s back to africa", so this is just slander and extrapolation. Can we focus on a real issue please? Are you liberals really so afraid of Paul taking the election that you need to sidetrack? He's the only GOP canidate that stands a chance against Hitlery, he's the only GOP canidate who's not a complete scumbag. He's the only person running for GOP that supports real conservatism. Hell, theyre trying to get him kicked out of the race because hes the only one not pro-war/pro-torture/pro-big government.

Div
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Where can I get a deck of those cards :D

And I wasnt trying to generalize all blacks, but I was saying that my views on Barack are based on what I know. I base my opinions on the people I know. I was simply giving a disclaimer that I can only comment on what I know.

You mean well, but just drop it dude, if their big trump card is to call him a racist let em do it, just shows they cant debate the real political platforms, like why illegal immigrants are allowed to come here and get more rights than american citizens.

powerslave_85
05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
It doesn't seem to me that Paul has any "real political platforms." He's basing his success on his anti-war stance, which is enticing to a lot of people right now, but he doesn't have any real hard policies on domestic issues. Eliminate the IRS and income tax? Yeah, good luck with that :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
You mean well, but just drop it dude, if their big trump card is to call him a racist let em do it, just shows they cant debate the real political platforms, like why illegal immigrants are allowed to come here and get more rights than american citizens.

Their argument isnt even valid, because Dan Gannon wrote those articles, not Ron Paul.

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQQ05XtAQ4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbulletin%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex %2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dbulletin%2Eread%26messageID% 3D3493656364%26MyToken%3Dc8aa2bce%2Dfd67%2D4aaa%2D 908

Div
05-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Their argument isnt even valid, because Dan Gannon wrote those articles, not Ron Paul.

Well then I guess this squabble is over. Too bad the media has changed gears from "ignore him" to "crush him" before he gets any more publicity. It's amusing watching all the talking heads running around panicked.

Div
05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
It doesn't seem to me that Paul has any "real political platforms." He's basing his success on his anti-war stance, which is enticing to a lot of people right now, but he doesn't have any real hard policies on domestic issues. Eliminate the IRS and income tax? Yeah, good luck with that :tp:

Kennedy actually signed a bill (executive order 11110) to strip the fed of its power and go back to silver certificates, but after he got shot people forgot about it.

SomewhereInTime72
05-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm voting Obama anyway probably.

zgodt
05-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Im not arguing in favor of racism, but here in america, unlike socialist countries, you are allowed to speak and think freely. Even if you don't agree with Paul you shouldn't be calling to restrict his free speech. You either have 100% free speech or no free speech at all.

Besides, he was just talking about statistics, he didnt say "send those n*****s back to africa", so this is just slander and extrapolation. Can we focus on a real issue please? Are you liberals really so afraid of Paul taking the election that you need to sidetrack? He's the only GOP canidate that stands a chance against Hitlery, he's the only GOP canidate who's not a complete scumbag. He's the only person running for GOP that supports real conservatism. Hell, theyre trying to get him kicked out of the race because hes the only one not pro-war/pro-torture/pro-big government.

You're hilarious dude. You're telling us we're scared of debating real issues while using high-minded issues-based language like "Hitlery."

Who's even remotely suggested curtailing Ron Paul's freedom of speech? Part of free speech is that other people get to use their free speech to call you to fucking account. So yes, he is free to spout racism all he likes -- and then we are free to speak out in adamant opposition to him because of it. What's the issue?

zgodt
05-17-2007, 01:05 PM
How do you know?

Bouville
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM

1. I did not know that people in Denmark, Sweden and Norway had problems with free speech.

2. The real issues how socially accepted racism is. The issue is how people let go racist remarks with remarks like "let's not focus on his personality, let's focus on his policies" and this goes for any person. The issue at hand is how pervasive racism is in this country and how dangerous it is that people like you and others give racism a pass.

Bouville
05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

1. You cannot invalidate the whole argument based in the evidence you provide as that evidence do not deny the core of the argument.

2. The issue is people like you that give racism a pass. Let me ask you a question, do you truly reject racism?

Bouville
05-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I was simply giving a disclaimer that I can only comment on what I know.

And clearly shows that you know nothing at all.

JRA
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
2. The issue is people like you that give racism a pass. Let me ask you a question, do you truly reject racism?

My belief is that in order for humaity to "rise up and overcome" all races must forgive and forget. Punish the people who are resonsible for the "hate crimes," of course, but then end the animosity it there. If you just stay angry at an entire race of people, that anger is just gonna stay bottled up inside and that's eventually gonna grow into *drum roll* racism.

Spiral_Slave
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Pan's Labyrinth. GREAT movie.

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 01:59 PM

i dont think you know the difference between socialism and communism. Socialism has absolutely nothing to do with dictatorships and restriction of free speech. Socialism is public education and a federal mail service. Socialism is medical coverage. People think the word socialism implies Stalin or Castro, but that is pure ignorance. True socialist countries are democracies like Sweden and Norway where citizens have the same free-speech rights that we do. What you are talking about is totalitarionism, which has nothing to do with socialism, other than the fact that some copuntries that pretend to be communist have dictators.

Please at least use words correctly :lol:

Bouville
05-17-2007, 02:02 PM
My belief is that in order for humaity to "rise up and overcome" all races must forgive and forget. Punish the people who are resonsible for the "hate crimes," of course, but then end the animosity it there. If you just stay angry at an entire race of people, that anger is just gonna stay bottled up inside and that's eventually gonna grow into *drum roll* racism.

My belief is that humanity has suffered a lot because of racism. I do believe that it is dangerous that a new generation of people who are friendly towards racism is brewing. What about old fucks? they are old fucks and soon to be gone, but it is scary to see young people giving racism a pass, and even defending the stand of those who are racists. Sure they have the right to say what they want, but society has the right to defend itself from them.

Bouville
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
People think the word socialism implies Stalin or Castro, but that is pure ignorance.

There is hope for whiny teenagers! :party:

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Every black person I know has no idea what Barack advocates, but because he is black and popular, they are voting for him.

how many black people do you actually know . . . and how many have you actually asked . . . how many even live in your little white midwest all-american suburb?

and besides . . . why shouldnt they. They have every right to assume that a black president would be benificial to them . . . the point in voting is to choose the candidate that you feel will be best for you, your community, and your country . . . and if they feel that finally having a minority for a president will benefit them, why shouldnt they?

JRA
05-17-2007, 02:16 PM
how many black people do you actually know . . . and how many have you actually asked . . . how many even live in your little white midwest all-american suburb?

and besides . . . why shouldnt they. They have every right to assume that a black president would be benificial to them . . . the point in voting is to choose the candidate that you feel will be best for you, your community, and your country . . . and if they feel that finally having a minority for a president will benefit them, why shouldnt they?

I had a black guy for a roommate once. Shortly after Hurricane Katrina I heard him say over the phone "George Bush isn't racist, he's just a dumbass!":D

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:16 PM
This may sound racist, but I dont care: it has to be said. What you just said was the largest piece of bullshit I have ever heard. Gangs are not started to commit crimes to "escape the ghetto" as you are claiming. Knifing an old lady cannot be justified by poverty. Robbing someone cannot be justified by the fact that robber lives in a poor neighborhood. A crime is a crime. I feel total sympathy for the overwhelmingly poor black community, but I think it is an absolute crock to blame the majority of crime on the government's inability to correct their poverty. The mindset of a criminal isnt "darn, I know I should be a law-abiding citizen, but I really want to escape my circumstances, so I will reluctantly commit this tiny crime to advance myself." They dont think that way. Some may, but the majority dont. Drug-dealing, prostitution, and gangs may be means to advance yourself, but they only succeed in corrupting the society even more, and negatively affecting both sides. I refuse to believe that every single intercity criminal is an innocent person driven my survival instincts. And frankly, the prospect that they commit vicious crimes in order to advance themselves only supports the image of "uneducated savage" that we know just isnt true. I know that because I am white, everyone here will take this as bigotry, but having spent the past year semi-frequently in the company of poor blacks in Dayton Ohio, I can say that not every poor fellow does what he can to escape poverty. As Bill Cosby and Chris Rock have alluded to numerous times, you wouldnt believe how many 40s, cans, and bottles are just lying around in the grass, on the street. People break into houses to steal 10 dollars worth of copper or siding, and most of it goes to drugs or alcohol(my grandfather was a cop for 20-odd years: he knows how it works). I am not saying the majority of intercity minorities are criminals, but those that are criminals are often less educated compared to those blacks that do succeed, and no crime is justified by poverty.

*awaits firestorm from non-whites and liberals*

what you are saying is not racist, it is just ignorant. Ignorant to the point of utter stupidity.

Obviously the thought process that you describe does not occur in criminal's heads . . . we all know that. But think about it this way:

Crime rates in poor areas are much higher than in wealthy areas . . . correct?

This is easy to explain. Poor people are more desperate, so they are far more likely to fall into criminal activity as a means to support themselves. I am not saying that those who do are forced into doing it, but their socio-economic circumstances to play a major part in determining whether they commit crimes or not. Why would I have any reason to break into a car or mug somebody? I have all the food i need, my neighborhood is clean and well-policed, and my father has a job that gives us enough to live comfortably and spend a liottle extra every once and awhile. When you live in a family that is living pay-check to pay-check, suprime loan to suprime loan, you are far more likely to be enticed into drugs and such. This does not excuse criminal actions by any means, but it does explain the trend.

The logic in providing wellfare to poor, higher crime-rate areas is that if the people in those areas werent so desperate they would not find criminal activity so appealing.

doesnt that make sense? :eyes:

Div
05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
My belief is that humanity has suffered a lot because of racism. I do believe that it is dangerous that a new generation of people who are friendly towards racism is brewing. What about old fucks? they are old fucks and soon to be gone, but it is scary to see young people giving racism a pass, and even defending the stand of those who are racists. Sure they have the right to say what they want, but society has the right to defend itself from them.

I agree with you, there is alot of racism in this country that people glance over that they shouldnt, I just don't think that article is enough to discredit Paul especially when you compare him to the opposition. Democratic canidates aside, do you believe Romney or Juliani would be better for this country?

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:19 PM
There is hope for whiny teenagers! :party:

product of my socialist US history teacher. Its amazing to me how a good teacher can reshape your world-view. Before this school-year I had no interest in politics because i had no information to go on. Now that i have been provided with the informational fuel to fight the arguments that i have always opposed, i can actually do it.

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with you, there is alot of racism in this country that people glance over that they shouldnt, I just don't think that article is enough to discredit Paul especially when you compare him to the opposition. Democratic canidates aside, do you believe Romney or Juliani would be better for this country?

no. :)

thats why i wont be voting republican. Even if i had to bite the bullet and vote for the bitch . . . it would be better than seeing a man who would have us revert back to the jim-crow laws as president

JRA
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dY4WlxO6i0

Start watching this at around the 1:40 mark. Then the REAL election debate will begin.

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
How do you know?

If you take the original link, and find the link to the original copy of the story (which is clearly presented on that site) you see that all those racist articles were signed "Dan Gannon"..Look for yourself (http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/g/ftp.py?people/g/gannon.dan/1992/gannon.0793)

Div
05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
no. :)

thats why i wont be voting republican. Even if i had to bite the bullet and vote for the bitch . . . it would be better than seeing a man who would have us revert back to the jim-crow laws as president

Ok, I can understand that. But atleast we can all agree Paul is the best guy on the GOP lineup, right? :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dY4WlxO6i0

Start watching this at around the 1:40 mark. Then the REAL election debate will begin.

So true. That message at the end says it all!

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Did I ever say I supported racism? No! I never said we should ignore racist comments (as Div did)...But, as I just said, those things were not said by Ron Paul, but by a man named Dan Gannon.

I live in Whiteville, Ohio, USA. My stepfather (now removed) is black, my three little brothers are mixed. You dont think I deal with racism and intolerance everyday? Either directed towards my brothers or just in the classroom everyday. You, Bouville, need to untie your jackboots and quit assuming that I am a fascist racist. It getting pretty fucking tiring; your accusations and such. You know nothing about me, dont pretend that you do.

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Did I ever say I supported racism? No! I never said we should ignore racist comments (as Div did)...But, as I just said, those things were not said by Ron Paul, but by a man named Dan Gannon.

I live in Whiteville, Ohio, USA. My stepfather (now removed) is black, my three little brothers are mixed. You dont think I deal with racism and intolerance everyday? Either directed towards my brothers or just in the classroom everyday. You, Bouville, need to untie your jackboots and quit assuming that I am a fascist racist. It getting pretty fucking tiring; your accusations and such. You know nothing about me, dont pretend that you do.

great . . . so are your three little brothers the ones you asked about Obama? :hecho:

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Ok, I can understand that. But atleast we can all agree Paul is the best guy on the GOP lineup, right? :cool:

yes . . . but, like i said previously . . . that doesnt really mean anything

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
doesnt that make sense? :eyes:

It makes perfect sense. I wasnt saying that poor people arent drawn to crime, but that crime cannot be justified by poverty. I feel sympathy for the victim of poor economic policies, not the criminal. I understand why crime is higher in poor areas, but that doesnt give them the "go ahead" to do it. THAT IS ALL I MEANT. And I hope the poor (black and white and asian and hispanic, etc) can educate themselves, break away from racism and disadvantage, and thrive.

And Dayton Ohio, the city you are questioning, has 43% African American population, it was once ranked as the 9th most impoverished city in America, in 2005 the crime per capita was twice the national average.

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 02:46 PM
great . . . so are your three little brothers the ones you asked about Obama? :hecho:

yep, yah caught me. :tp:.......

Oh, and the man in my signature is black..That means I am not racist :shred: :hecho: :eyes: :hecho:

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
It makes perfect sense. I wasnt saying that poor people arent drawn to crime, but that crime cannot be justified by poverty. I feel sympathy for the victim of poor economic policies, not the criminal. I understand why crime is higher in poor areas, but that doesnt give them the "go ahead" to do it. THAT IS ALL I MEANT. And I hope the poor (black and white and asian and hispanic, etc) can educate themselves, break away from racism and disadvantage, and thrive.

well then how the fuck do you expect them to educate themselves if the schools are shit and they have to dodge gunfights everyday on their way to class? How can you possibly champion a candidate that would completely cut all welfare in your own city . . . resulting in a crime rate fare higher? When there is no possiblity of upward social mobolity there is no incentive for these people to work hard at honest jobs. Poor wage earners work just as hard as our parents, but they get next to nothing for it. This does not excuse their individual actions, but if provides a clear solution. And if you would empower a man who directly opposes that solution then you are either a complete hypocrite or an idiot.

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
yep, yah caught me. :tp:.......
ok, well now . . . after the democratic debates start and Obama's campiagn gets off the ground, ask a few black adults in your town. I guarantee you that when black citizens see somebody who is not part of another social word trying to get elected, they will see a reason to become interested, and you will suprised to know how many know what they are talking about

Oh, and the man in my signature is black..That means I am not racist :shred: :hecho: :eyes: :hecho:

just to clarify . . . i dont think you are racist . . . i just think that you generalize a little to much. You seem to be like my relatives in Tennesse . . . on an individual level you would never hate anybody because of their race, but you cannot help making harmful assumptions and generalizations about minority groups such as "black people are politically ignorant"

ChildrenofSodom
05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
ok, well now . . . after the democratic debates start and Obama's campiagn gets off the ground, ask a few black adults in your town. I guarantee you that when black citizens see somebody who is not part of another social word trying to get elected, they will see a reason to become interested, and you will suprised to know how many know what they are talking about

just to clarify . . . i dont think you are racist . . . i just think that you generalize a little to much. You seem to be like my relatives in Tennesse . . . on an individual level you would never hate anybody because of their race, but you cannot help making harmful assumptions and generalizations about minority groups such as "black people are politically ignorant"

I really dont hate Barack, but the people I have talked to, and how the media portrays his campaign has given me a bad impression of him, and no real reason to vote for him. I guess I am very skeptical when people say "he will certainly grab the black vote." Thats is racist in itself, to say that all blacks have the same values and needs. Other than that, he seems very level-headed.

I dont think all black people are politically ignorant, but from what I have seen, a number of them are, but there are those ignorants in all races. The Dayton Daily News inviewed a random African American male on the sidewalk when Kenneth Blackwell (a black republican running for governor), and he said he doesnt usually vote Republican, but since Blackwell is running, he might vote for him. I wont call that ignorance, but I guess it isnt too far from the truth when they say people vote for the person that makes them the most comfortable.

Div
05-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Ghost Dog

this is a cool movie :cool:

Bouville
05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
You, Bouville, need to untie your jackboots and quit assuming that I am a fascist racist.

Then stop writing like one of those people because you do. Each person is chained of what he/she says or/and writes. You need to break the circle of false consciousness in which you operate.

Bouville
05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with you, there is alot of racism in this country that people glance over that they shouldnt,

Good to read that :fist:

JRA
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Then stop writing like one of those people because you do. Each person is chained of what he/she says or/and writes. You need to break the circle of false consciousness in which you operate.

So does that mean I'm chained of Rakim songs, Peter North jokes, and ravings of ownage? :D

Bouville
05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
So does that mean I'm chained of Rakim songs, Peter North jokes, and ravings of ownage? :D

You choose :lol:

Div
05-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Ghost Rider

SomewhereInTime72
05-17-2007, 07:11 PM
http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/paul_ron_fox_news_rigs_entire_debate_attack_paul.h tm

Posting this because I know some people here probably want to see it.

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 07:43 PM
http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/paul_ron_fox_news_rigs_entire_debate_attack_paul.h tm

Posting this because I know some people here probably want to see it.

well . . . there is absolutely no concrete evidence to prove that, but i admit that its highly likely. I love how Guiliani was acting so smug after the debate . . . he seemed to think that he'd just destroyed Ron Paul's campaign . . . and then he got beat it the polls . . . :lol:

Div
05-17-2007, 08:49 PM
well . . . there is absolutely no concrete evidence to prove that, but i admit that its highly likely. I love how Guiliani was acting so smug after the debate . . . he seemed to think that he'd just destroyed Ron Paul's campaign . . . and then he got beat it the polls . . . :lol:

GOP admits they want to keep Paul out of future debates: http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/news-44/117935695635230.xml&storylist=newsmichigan
What a bunch of nazi fucks. "He's not going with the foney-republican propaganda! Eliminate him!"

I think when the dust settles down he's just going to come out as a more popular canidate than before. Giving him all this publicity will come back to bite them in the ass.

MetalDrummer888
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I think he would have felt much more comfortable on the stage with the Democrats in what he said last night. And I think that he is a distraction in the Republican primary and he does not represent the base and he does not represent the party

as if pro-war simply means you are a democrat and pro-war means you are a republican. For fuck's sake . . . he's the only candidate with a little imagination and these so called "conservative" business whores attack him for being the only one that is actually a real conservative. Wow, these people really need to re-read their history text-books. What a bunch of dumbfucks . . . its going to be people like this that destroy the republican party.

Div
05-17-2007, 09:48 PM
as if pro-war simply means you are a democrat and pro-war means you are a republican. For fuck's sake . . . he's the only candidate with a little imagination and these so called "conservative" business whores attack him for being the only one that is actually a real conservative. Wow, these people really need to re-read their history text-books. What a bunch of dumbfucks . . . its going to be people like this that destroy the republican party.

Yep. Now you know how I feel :bouville: its like Im in the fucking twilight zone or something.

On a side note, I thought his response was pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF3NtEWj6ws&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex% 2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendid %3D44544374

zgodt
05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
If you take the original link, and find the link to the original copy of the story (which is clearly presented on that site) you see that all those racist articles were signed "Dan Gannon"..Look for yourself (http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/g/ftp.py?people/g/gannon.dan/1992/gannon.0793)

I have taken a look for myself. The post ends like this:

Taken from the Ron Paul Political Report, 1120 NASA Blvd., Suite 104,
Houston, TX 77058 for $50 per year. Call 1-800-766-7285.

--------

-Dan Gannon

The clear and plain meaning of this is that Dan Gannon is quoting Ron Paul's official newsletter, The Ron Paul Political Report.

Can you please explain how this means these are not Ron Pauls' own words?

MetalDrummer888
05-18-2007, 02:21 PM
The clear and plain meaning of this is that Dan Gannon is quoting Ron Paul's official newsletter, The Ron Paul Political Report.

:whipped:

DreamEvil001
05-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I have taken a look for myself. The post ends like this:

even if the report is not in his exact on words, but had a ghost writer, its a fucking 8 page thing with his name on the front, not a text book, with a little section snuck in by somebody else. do you honestly think he would not have known and supported what was written in it?

DreamEvil001
05-19-2007, 10:09 AM
On a side note, I thought his response was pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF3NtEWj6ws&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex% 2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendid %3D44544374

that was a good response, funny though, even as he was explaining his exact meaning about blaming head politicians and policy for 9/11, and not the u.s. on the whole, cnn was covering half the screen with "RON PAUL blames U.S. for 9/11!!!"

DethMaiden
05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
that was a good response, funny though, even as he was explaining his exact meaning about blaming head politicians and policy for 9/11, and not the u.s. on the whole, cnn was covering half the screen with "RON PAUL blames U.S. for 9/11!!!"

I love how America at large feels that Bush is an idiot and all of his policies are wrong, but as soon as you touch one hair on 9/11's head, you're un-American.

Div
05-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Transformers: The Movie

overkiller
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Just finished watching Casablanca and Rashomon back-to-back on Channel 13.

MetalDrummer888
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
i just finished waitching Aliens . . . just about the most baddass movie ever :cool:

SomewhereInTime72
05-20-2007, 06:36 AM
i just finished waitching Aliens . . . just about the most baddass movie ever :cool:

MetalDrummer888
05-20-2007, 08:48 AM

http://fusionanomaly.net/xenomorph.jpg

:eek: :eek:

:rocker:

MetalDrummer888
05-20-2007, 09:43 AM
my english teacher was wearing this shirt yesterday :lol:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/Metaldrummer888/jitcrunch.jpg

Bouville
05-20-2007, 09:49 AM

Awesome :lol:

DethMaiden
05-20-2007, 10:17 AM

:snivel:

Div
05-20-2007, 11:54 AM
http://fusionanomaly.net/xenomorph.jpg

:eek: :eek:

:rocker:

Back in 8th grade a friend and myself were going to buy that costume and make our own aliens movie, unfortunatley we didnt have 2 thousand dollars :(

MetalDrummer888
05-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Back in 8th grade a friend and myself were going to buy that costume and make our own aliens movie, unfortunatley we didnt have 2 thousand dollars :(

it is amazing to me how they managed to make the first Alien such a good movie with such a low budget and no computer effects. I still like Aliens more, but Alien is a better movie in terms of working with what they had. Btw, Aliens has the best action scene in any movie in my opinion, and it last about 1 hour. From the sentry gun scene to the very end, it just doesnt stop. And I love the soud the pulse-rifles make . . . not all cheesy like the blasters in Star Wars, but still really futuristic. I really wish they would make a good Aliens video game. Oh . . . speaking of . . . i just found out that Blizzard is going to release Starcraft II this christmas :drool:

:dorky:

Div
05-21-2007, 08:21 AM
it is amazing to me how they managed to make the first Alien such a good movie with such a low budget and no computer effects. I still like Aliens more, but Alien is a better movie in terms of working with what they had. Btw, Aliens has the best action scene in any movie in my opinion, and it last about 1 hour. From the sentry gun scene to the very end, it just doesnt stop. And I love the soud the pulse-rifles make . . . not all cheesy like the blasters in Star Wars, but still really futuristic. I really wish they would make a good Aliens video game. Oh . . . speaking of . . . i just found out that Blizzard is going to release Starcraft II this christmas :drool:

:dorky:

I can't wait to play this game, it looks amazing. check out the gameplay video http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

edit: found it on youtube incase you dont wanna download it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3rUFWcxoI

MetalDrummer888
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I can't wait to play this game, it looks amazing. check out the gameplay video http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

edit: found it on youtube incase you dont wanna download it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3rUFWcxoI

dont worry, i already knew about it. Starcraft is basically a ripoff of Aliens . . . thats why i love it so much.

I am not a big gamer at all, but Blizzard games (not including World of Warcraft) are always amazing, and i fully expect this one to be as well.

Div
05-21-2007, 07:59 PM
dont worry, i already knew about it. Starcraft is basically a ripoff of Aliens . . . thats why i love it so much.

I am not a big gamer at all, but Blizzard games (not including World of Warcraft) are always amazing, and i fully expect this one to be as well.

Yea, WoW was a quality built game, but I'll admit it just got boring after awhile. Its more like a chat program with graphics. I mean the same shit over and over. Go to next town, kill 50 monsters, level up, get item, rinse-repeat until, 'congrats your lvl 70, now try not to kill ureself when u realize all the time u just wasted was for nothing'. :hecho:

MetalDrummer888
05-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Yea, WoW was a quality built game, but I'll admit it just got boring after awhile. Its more like a chat program with graphics. I mean the same shit over and over. Go to next town, kill 50 monsters, level up, get item, rinse-repeat until, 'congrats your lvl 70, now try not to kill ureself when u realize all the time u just wasted was for nothing'. :hecho:

i played it for a grand total of two weeks before i realized what an utter waste of time it is. I think Diablo II was a far better rpg . . . at least there was some sort of penalty when you died. Besides, i hate how WoW is gay and happy and colorful . . . Starcraft and Diablo are really cool because they are so dark and scary.

That being said, Warcraft III is still my favorite game of all time.

Div
05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QueIcczQUQ

MetalDrummer888
05-22-2007, 03:59 PM

ive never played that game . . . it looks really hard :eyes:

Div
05-22-2007, 04:14 PM
dont fuck with buffalo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

MetalDrummer888
05-22-2007, 04:33 PM
dont fuck with buffalo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

wow. :party:

ChildrenofSodom
05-22-2007, 05:02 PM
C-Span

EDIT: Correction--Ron Fucking Paul on C-Span.

He is pwning the liberty-stealing, interventionist, "if you disagree, you hate America" Neo-Cons.

You guys should watch it.

JRA
05-22-2007, 05:10 PM

I've seen much better hacks than that. That was just Institutionalized with Hallowed Be Thy Name playing over it.

ChildrenofSodom
05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
He is owning Selective Service, the draft, imprisonment of tax evaders, and statism.

Div
05-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Howcome in every video of Hallowed Be Thy Name on youtube, theres always some shitheaded kid who has to say the CoF version is better and that maiden sucks dick. Its like a fucking plauge. Just knowing theres people out there who think this is unsettling.