PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Now Watching' Thread Part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

John The Drummer
06-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Just watched '12 Rounds', John Cena's second movie. Totally did not suck. He's not too bad an actor.

He was in more than one movie!? I only saw parts of "The Marine", it wasn't bad, per-se..... but wasn't anything amazing.

I downloaded the Crackel app on Xbox Live, bunch of free movies, although overly shitty...

Deuce Bigalow, European Gigalo wasn't bad, far better than I expected at least. It had some super :lol: moments, and bunch of facepalm worthy moments. I'd recommend watching it if you want a stupid simple comedy :D.

I watched Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within last night. I have been dying to see it since it first came out, I knew it was bad, but I still wanted to see it since Final Fantasy is one of my most favorite video game series ever.... WOW THIS MOVIE FUCKING SUCKED :bouville: . The idea was cool, but so badly done. I am so glad I didn't buy it like I wanted to do.

ravenheart
06-26-2012, 02:30 AM
He was in more than one movie!? I only saw parts of "The Marine", it wasn't bad, per-se..... but wasn't anything amazing.

He's been in five or six now. Looks as though '12 Rounds' is the only one anyone considers half-decent.

I downloaded the Crackel app on Xbox Live, bunch of free movies, although overly shitty...

I got that a while back, mostly for the 'Dilbert' cartoon, which is very hard to get here and hasn't been aired for ages, if ever. Also watched the '70s comedy 'What's Happening!', which is hilarious, and the live-action version of 'The Tick'. There's also an excellent series of original shorts by Josh Cooke called 'Issues', and a recent cop series starring Jeremy Renner I might check out called 'The Unusuals'. There are some other original shorts I might check out.

Barely touched the movies, they all look terrible.

I watched Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within last night.

The FFVII one is much better.

John The Drummer
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
He's been in five or six now. Looks as though '12 Rounds' is the only one anyone considers half-decent.

Hmmm, I'll have to look into these then. I have a thing for terrible movies.

I got that a while back, mostly for the 'Dilbert' cartoon, which is very hard to get here and hasn't been aired for ages, if ever. Also watched the '70s comedy 'What's Happening!', which is hilarious, and the live-action version of 'The Tick'. There's also an excellent series of original shorts by Josh Cooke called 'Issues', and a recent cop series starring Jeremy Renner I might check out called 'The Unusuals'. There are some other original shorts I might check out.

Barely touched the movies, they all look terrible.

Hmm, I'll look into thsoe if I get the time. I agree about the movies, overall they are all shit. There are a few good ones there though, but nothing amazing. Oh well, it was free.

The FFVII one is much better.
I agree! I have watched that movie a ton of times since it was released. It did have many "blah" moments, but still FF7.

Natrlhi
07-01-2012, 12:43 AM
One of the many reasons I love Red Fang to fucking pieces. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPfQvLIseA&feature=related) :lovedup:

kalfitegrdan
07-01-2012, 09:37 AM
One of the many reasons I love Red Fang to fucking pieces. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPfQvLIseA&feature=related) :lovedup:

That was fucking awesome.

Also, Brian Posehn! :party:

dcmetal108
07-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Watching American Dad.

John The Drummer
07-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Yay Crackle is getting some better movies on it :D. Watched a couple last night...

Quarantine
I was blown by how well made and disturbing this movie was. Back when it first came out I was interested in seeing it, but was worried it would have sucked. This is probably one of the best horror movies I have seen in recent memory. I was a bit skeptical at first about the whole "shot to document a news story" style, like Blair Witch project or Cloverdale (not exactly sure what that genre would be called, sorry), but they made it work greatly and it made the movie much more interesting and scary.

I Need That Record!
This is a documentary about record stores and about how the commercial music scene is kiling music as an "art". It isn't a high budget documentary at all, feels and looks like a college project, but that does not make it bad, it was a very great and informative viewing. The film has interviews with members of Minor Threat, Sonic Youth, and many others as well, along with owners and employees of indie record stores. I will admit, this movie made me sad since it points out the flaws of the music industry and things of that nature. If you are a musician I would HIGHLY recommend watching this.

energymetal14
07-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Watching the Royal Rumble 1995... such a joke, I can't stop laughing!:lol:

BloodoftheKings
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Just watched The Gate. The nerdy kid in the movie wears a denim jacket with a Venom patch on the back.:rocker:

XDoomsayerX
07-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Yo John the Drummer! Quarantine is a remake from Rec a Spanish film which I think is waaay better. You should definitely check it out.

XDoomsayerX
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Workaholics ain't bad at all. Some dumb good humor.

John The Drummer
07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Yo John the Drummer! Quarantine is a remake from Rec a Spanish film which I think is waaay better. You should definitely check it out.

Yup! That is on the movie list on Crackle as well and plan on watching it, possibly tonight since I have no other plans :rocker:

Last few days I watched...

The Fifth Element - Really REALLY odd movie. There were points where I didn't want to enjoy it due to how strange it was, but I still enjoyed it greatly. The Chris Tucker character was so annoying, but funny as hell at times, and the main "bad guy" was just.... odd. He seemed like he could play a really psycho "Buffalo Bill" character if given the proper chance. Is there a movie where Milla Jovovich isn't naked? :lol:

Puff, Puff, Pass - Really dumb stoner comedy about two dudes who are trying to start their own small classified ads business, but they can't explain what it is because it is very complex :tongue: . I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Don't expect another "Bill & Ted" or "Half Baked" though, the acting and directing is pretty mediocre, but that doesn't take away from it's humorous moments.

Also watched a couple episodes of "Dilbert". Pretty funny, reminds me of The Simpsons meets Family Guy.

Natrlhi
07-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Is there a movie where Milla Jovovich isn't naked? :lol:Let's fucking hope not.

dcmetal108
07-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Clockstoppers.

I LOVE this film.

Natrlhi
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Just watching a special on HDNet of Judas Priest playing British Steel in its entirety for its 30th anniversary (plus some other fan favorites afterward, of course). Pretty good show. They're doing "Freewheel Burning" now. Always liked that one for some reason. Good solos, including the dual harmonic bit towards the midsection of the song with K.K. & Glenn. It saddens me to think that I've never seen them do that live, and now I never will. :(

jd091
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Workaholics ain't bad at all. Some dumb good humor.

Dude, I know. I started watching it the other day and almost died during that episode they tripped shrooms overnight at the office. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
My friend wanted me to watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with him because he wanted to see what all the buzz is about. I still have no idea what people see in this show.

treghet
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM
My friend wanted me to watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with him because he wanted to see what all the buzz is about. I still have no idea what people see in this show.

Ask slapguitarer. I'm sure he'd be happy to explain in detail.

BloodoftheKings
07-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Ask slapguitarer. I'm sure he'd be happy to explain in detail.

I think Streets is also a brony. I've heard brony explanations for why it's such a good show and there list of reasons usually include; 'Superb animation' (not really true at all), 'Excellent Voice Acting' (I actually find the character's voices to be pretty annoying, especially Rainbow Dash), and 'Special references/easter eggs for the fandom' (i'm not a fan so...yeah).

I have nothing against the bronies in general (my little brother is a brony himself) but I really don't see why this show is so great.

slapguitarer
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Um, it's kind of hard to explain why I like it. I just think the show is fucking adorable and funny. The animation fits the style I the cartoon and the characters are all developed well. It's not some genius shit or anything, but it's smarty and funny for a show that's designed for 4 year old girls.

jd091
07-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Um, it's kind of hard to explain why I like it. I just think the show is fucking adorable and funny. The animation fits the style I the cartoon and the characters are all developed well. It's not some genius shit or anything, but it's smarty and funny for a show that's designed for 4 year old girls.

fuckin' christ

you like it because you're inherently sexually attracted to anthropomorphic horses, that's the only reason. Maybe you don't even realize it yet.

slapguitarer
07-12-2012, 08:27 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oh-you-40.jpg

jd091
07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
This isn't a joking matter at all; your kind are a blight upon earth. Genocide against bronys is completely justifiable in my mind. I'm serious. Stop me before I get mad.

slapguitarer
07-12-2012, 09:03 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oh-you-40.jpg

jd091
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
This isn't a joking matter at all; your kind are a blight upon earth. Genocide against bronys is completely justifiable in my mind. I'm serious. Stop me before I get mad.

John The Drummer
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Watched some more movies on Crackle :tongue:

REC
For those of you who don't know, REC is the original, Spanish, version of Quarantine. Unfortunately this was dubbed in English which took a lot of the scare factor out of the movie :mad:. It was very enjoyable, but watching at AFTER I had already watched Quarantine just made it feel like the same movie for the most part.

REC 2
This was, obviously, the sequel to REC. It takes place (I think) 15 minutes after the end of the first movie, and adds a whole new reasoning to why everyone has turned into "zombies". I won't give any of it away, and would recommend everyone to watch it if you have seen the original. Luckily this one was subtitled and not dubbed.

Defendor
This movie is somewhat of a dramatic, slightly comedic, super hero movie about a guy who fights crime in order to take out his hatred for the people, and addictions, who ruined his mothers life. It wasn't a bad movie, but seemed to drag on a bit longer than I had hoped for.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2012, 04:11 PM

REC
For those of you who don't know, REC is the original, Spanish, version of Quarantine. Unfortunately this was dubbed in English which took a lot of the scare factor out of the movie :mad:. It was very enjoyable, but watching at AFTER I had already watched Quarantine just made it feel like the same movie for the most part.

I've been meaning to watch that movie sometime. They have a subtitled version right? I can't take dubbed movies seriously.

John The Drummer
07-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I've been meaning to watch that movie sometime. They have a subtitled version right? I can't take dubbed movies seriously.

I'd imagine so. The only available version on the Crackle XBL app is the dubbed version. :bouville:

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I'd imagine so. The only available version on the Crackle XBL app is the dubbed version. :bouville:

I did some quick research and on the american dvd release you have a choice between subtitled and dubbed. I'll either shell out a few bucks for the dvd sometime or maybe i'll look for a good torrent.

dcmetal108
07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Watching The Rise And Fall Of ECW.

ravenheart
07-14-2012, 07:38 PM

None of those are on Crackle here. I'd be all over Defendor!

John The Drummer
07-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Watching The Rise And Fall Of ECW.

I LOVE that documentary. Good stuff.

None of those are on Crackle here. I'd be all over Defendor!

Every time I log on there is a movie or two that wasn't there before :eyes:

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Every time I log on there is a movie or two that wasn't there before :eyes:

What?! The American service getting treated better than the European service? I'm stunned. That never happens. :hmm:

We've had one new movie added in the last six months, and it was 'Cruel Intentions 2'.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2012, 07:09 AM
http://vimeo.com/45779487#

Maiden East Coast tour video. I think we might see someone familiar around the 5:10 mark.

dcmetal108
07-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Silent House. It sucks

idrinkwine732
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Been watching a lot of 'The Wire' lately, and I have to say that this is fucking art. There isn't a show out there that's managed to take a city and investigate it so perfectly. So many writers and producers like to focus on a characters, but The Wire is so much more about a broken American city that you have no other choice than to watch more.

If you're looking for a show that makes you think, watch it. I thought Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad were captivating, but holy shit.

slapguitarer
07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
First episode of Black Dynamite was hilarious! Definitely going to be a great show.

BloodoftheKings
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
First episode of Black Dynamite was hilarious! Definitely going to be a great show.

I kinda wanted to see that, I hope it's streaming on AS's website.

slapguitarer
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd recommend watching the movie first. They're not really that connected, but the movie will make sense of a few of the jokes and characters. And it's awesome.

brutal_descent
07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Spider-Man and Savages were damn good. Only thing that I didn't like in TASM was how the Lizard looked, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

dcmetal108
07-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Watching Forever Hardcore. It's a ECW documentary.

John The Drummer
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Watching Forever Hardcore. It's a ECW documentary.

Is that an unauthorized one? I've never heard of it :eyes:

dcmetal108
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Is that an unauthorized one? I've never heard of it :eyes:

It was made by a fan but it has interviews with almost everyone minus Paul Heyman. Sabu actually talks. They really just go in depth about alot of stuff like the mass transit incident, the starting of ECW, when they knew it was over, the whole starting of sex in it, the over the top deathmatches, all the injuries, new jack almost killing his opponent and more. Its a good watch.

John The Drummer
07-18-2012, 04:31 PM
It was made by a fan but it has interviews with almost everyone minus Paul Heyman. Sabu actually talks. They really just go in depth about alot of stuff like the mass transit incident, the starting of ECW, when they knew it was over, the whole starting of sex in it, the over the top deathmatches, all the injuries, new jack almost killing his opponent and more. Its a good watch.
That sounds like a great watch! Is it on YouTube or anything where you can stream it?

dcmetal108
07-19-2012, 08:11 PM
That sounds like a great watch! Is it on YouTube or anything where you can stream it?

No it got taken off youtube. You can prolly buy it for less than $15 or so. Its worth it if you are a die hard fan.

ravenheart
07-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Giving Bruce's movie 'Chemical Wedding' a look.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 08:52 PM
New device that provides a new way to poop that is both healthier and easier. (http://vimeo.com/45270716)

I think these guys might be onto something. The problem is, nobody is going to take this seriously even if it can be very beneficial.

treghet
07-21-2012, 02:27 AM
New device that provides a new way to poop that is both healthier and easier. (http://vimeo.com/45270716)

I think these guys might be onto something. The problem is, nobody is going to take this seriously even if it can be very beneficial.

They are. Squat toilets are very common in other parts of the world.

ShatteredFlame
07-21-2012, 07:08 AM
I don't really understand how that does anything to prevent the spread of diseases if you still have physical contact with the toilet.

dcmetal108
07-23-2012, 08:06 PM
21 Jump Street.

ravenheart
07-24-2012, 01:48 AM
21 Jump Street.

Watched that on a plane a few weeks ago. Much better than I expected it to be.

dcmetal108
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
It's a awesome movie.

Just watched That's My Boy and that was kinda funny. Now watching Slayer Still Reigning.

ravenheart
07-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Just watched 'Suck'.

:lol: at Alice Cooper totally out-acting his "actress" daughter.

dcmetal108
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Breaking Bad Season 1 for the first time.

kalfitegrdan
07-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Just watched Machine Gun Preacher.

ravenheart
07-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Just watched Machine Gun Preacher.

Any good?

kalfitegrdan
07-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Any good?

It was a pretty damn good drama. One of the better dramas in recent times. If you're expecting a full out action movie then definitely look elsewhere though. Pretty graphic at times though. I'd recommend checking it out.

My only complaint is that I swear at one point his daughter like ages five years out of nowhere and that's not really a complaint...more of a "what the fuck" moment.

ravenheart
07-25-2012, 07:02 AM
It was a pretty damn good drama. One of the better dramas in recent times. If you're expecting a full out action movie then definitely look elsewhere though. Pretty graphic at times though. I'd recommend checking it out.

My only complaint is that I swear at one point his daughter like ages five years out of nowhere and that's not really a complaint...more of a "what the fuck" moment.

Not expecting action at all. I know what the movie is about, just been trying to work out if I care ;)

kalfitegrdan
07-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Not expecting action at all. I know what the movie is about, just been trying to work out if I care ;)

Ah, gotcha. Just saying that because I watched it with my friend and he pretty much expected it to be some bad ass Jason Statham-esque action movie. I was actually expecting the opposite from the plot synopsis and was decently surprised by how many action sequences there were.

ravenheart
07-25-2012, 07:16 AM
I think a lot of people expect action from the title (people don't read plots). Probably intentional on the film-makers' part, I'd say.

kalfitegrdan
07-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I think a lot of people expect action from the title (people don't read plots). Probably intentional on the film-makers' part, I'd say.

Yeah, the title reminds me of like some over the top, comic book based action movie. I sometimes rent movies without knowing the plots, but can never get more than five minutes in without looking up the plot on my phone or something. Oh, yeah, I could definitely see it being intentional, probably led to a lot of people leaving the theater disappointed. :lol:

Natrlhi
07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Much better than I expected it to be.Indeed. I commented as such in the 2012 Movies thread.

Meanwhile, on topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BqV8jzclUQM

One of the best Isis videos I've ever seen, outside their one & only DVD (which is fucking tits, BTW).

ravenheart
07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Just watched 'Mallrats' for the first time. Not too shabby.

dcmetal108
07-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Just watched 'Mallrats' for the first time. Not too shabby.

Fucking classic.

kalfitegrdan
07-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Fucking classic.

Definitely. My favorite Kevin Smith film.

Watched Party Monster earlier. Weird as fuck, but entertaining.

dcmetal108
07-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Red Vs Blue Season 1

Why am I only now watching these?

brutal_descent
07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
So far in my time here I've watched:

Arrested Development in its entirety, all the episodes of Luther that have been released thus far, the first season of Spider-Man: The Animated Series, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises, Savages, Prometheus, Eurotrip, Snatch (second view), The Grey, the second season of Archer, and Clerks (millionth view). I do feel like I'm forgetting something, though :hecho:

Going to try to catch Total Recall and Ted while I'm still in town.

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Watching Piranha DD

kalfitegrdan
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Watching Piranha DD

I just watched that today too.

dcmetal108
08-02-2012, 06:28 AM
I just watched that today too.

It was entertaining enough. Gave it 5/10.

Watching Hardcore Pawn.

300%_Density
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
The IT Crowd. Little late to the party on this one. Haven't decided if I like it yet or not.

ravenheart
08-02-2012, 12:01 PM
The IT Crowd. Little late to the party on this one. Haven't decided if I like it yet or not.

I think it's dreadful. So much potential too.

Currently watching Britain vs Spain in the Olympic basketball in front of a bunch of empty seats. Shameful. GB sorely missing Ben Gordon too (who apparently just couldn't be bothered to play).

Also just watched an experience Italian boxer cheat his way to a quarter final spot against a young Scot.

jd091
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Just saw the Dark Knight Rises, had low expectations, and I loved every second of it. Great movie.

ravenheart
08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
GB have thrown this away. 12 points down going into the fourth, closed down to 2, then lazy passes threw away points. Just nailed an important three though. 3 points in it. 30 seconds left.

EDIT: lost by 1 point. Amazing Luol Deng three at the death, but unbelievably lost it by giving away silly fouls and Spain shot over 80% from the line having spent three quarters shooting less than 30%.

ravenheart
08-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Watched the second half of Team USA's demolition of Nigeria in the basketball (setting an Olympic record too), now watching 'Domino'.

powerslave_85
08-02-2012, 04:47 PM
NBC's "You Watch What We Say You Can Watch" primetime Olympics coverage.

kalfitegrdan
08-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Started watching Reefer Madness earlier, but fell asleep halfway through, gonna have to revisit that at some point.

Just watched a bit of Futurama.

BloodoftheKings
08-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Tonight my friend showed me this movie called 'Snow on the Bluff'. It's a fake found footage film about a drug dealer in the ghetto who steals a video camera from a group of tourist and uses it to film his exploits. While we were laughing at a lot of things in the movie (my friends were cracking racist jokes every 2 seconds) it was kind of sad how that movie was actually a very realistic representation of life in the hood.

ravenheart
08-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Another appalling GB performance in the basketball against Australia. Thrown away a 10 point half time lead. Now 15 points down in the 4th.

dcmetal108
08-04-2012, 04:09 PM
No Room For Rockstars -The Vans Warped Tour Documentary

Natrlhi
08-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Another appalling GB performance in the basketball against Australia. Thrown away a 10 point half time lead. Now 15 points down in the 4th.Just like watching the Cavs, then. :bouville:

brutal_descent
08-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Started watching Prison Break last night. Halfway through season one :rocker:

kalfitegrdan
08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Watched Extract, Conan the Barbarian (remake) and Conan the Destroyer today.

In Extract, T.J. Miller's character wore a Cephalic Carnage, Exhumed, Mastodon and The County Medical Examiners shirt during the movie which was awesome as all hell.

dcmetal108
08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Watching Hijcaked with Randy Couture.

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I watched Piranha 3DD. It was mildly entertaining. While it was clearly intentionally bad I still got a kick out of the lame acting. David Koechner's "it's not my fault" bit and the the last minute of the movie had me and my friend dying of laughter. There's much better bad movies but this one had a few golden parts.

ShatteredFlame
08-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I thought Piranha 3DD was highly disappointing compared to Piranha 3D. Those two parts you posted were the best parts of the movie though.

I just watched V/H/S and I'm not really sure what to think of it. Surprisingly I don't see many benefits about watching it in theaters. It's not a movie where pop up scares occur every 5 minutes, there were only a handful of scenes that even served as pop up scares. The movie is comprised of various short films and all of them just left me very confused by the end, most of the stories seem very good but they cut away as soon as it gets intense which turns out to be a buzzkill. My favorite part was actually the final story but it reminded me of a short film version of the movie Grave Encounters. Overall I liked it but I don't really think it lived up to the hype. I don't even see how it served as being that scary to a mainstream audience, most of it could've very well been a slasher flick.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Best music video of 2012. No contest. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmIByrcwAQ&feature=g-u-u)

dcmetal108
08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Best music video of 2012. No contest. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmIByrcwAQ&feature=g-u-u)

One of the best music videos of all time.

mastodon421
08-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I watched Piranha 3DD. It was mildly entertaining. While it was clearly intentionally bad I still got a kick out of the lame acting. David Koechner's "it's not my fault" bit and the the last minute of the movie had me and my friend dying of laughter. There's much better bad movies but this one had a few golden parts.

I thought Piranha 3DD was a great B-movie. I laughed throughout, but the whole scene at the water park was genius (Ving Rhames was my personal favorite part). It was just shy of Piranha 3D in my opinion, I don't get all the hate directed towards it in all honesty.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I thought Piranha 3DD was a great B-movie. I laughed throughout, but the whole scene at the water park was genius (Ving Rhames was my personal favorite part). It was just shy of Piranha 3D in my opinion, I don't get all the hate directed towards it in all honesty.

The part with Ving Rhames was pretty great. The last 30 minutes of the movie in the water park was 9/10. The only parts in the first hour of the movie that I really laughed at was in the sex scene where the piranha is on the guys dick and he says to the girl "what the fuck did you do to my dick?!" The delivery of that line was amazing.

mastodon421
08-07-2012, 06:27 PM
The part with Ving Rhames was pretty great. The last 30 minutes of the movie in the water park was 9/10. The only parts in the first hour of the movie that I really laughed at was in the sex scene where the piranha is on the guys dick and he says to the girl "what the fuck did you do to my dick?!" The delivery of that line was amazing.

That is definitely the best part of the first half. The part after where the chick says to the two main characters "Josh cut off his penis because something came out of my vagina" was absolutely priceless. The opening scene with Gary Busey was pretty great too.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
The part after where the chick says to the two main characters "Josh cut off his penis because something came out of my vagina" was absolutely priceless.

:lol: That too.

ShatteredFlame
08-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I watched both The Hunger Games and Battle Royale back to back. I thought THG was decent but BR was one of the most entertaining movies I've seen.

kalfitegrdan
08-08-2012, 01:32 AM
That is definitely the best part of the first half. The part after where the chick says to the two main characters "Josh cut off his penis because something came out of my vagina" was absolutely priceless. The opening scene with Gary Busey was pretty great too.

:lol: That line made me laugh so hard. The delivery was flawless.

ravenheart
08-08-2012, 04:50 AM
One of the best music videos of all time.

And such an awesome song.

Wish all his solo stuff sounded like that... :(

Dextrimental
08-08-2012, 05:41 AM
Watched Paranormal Activity 2 and 3 over the last two days. Good stuff, hope 4 is as good now. I think they're struggling a little to find new ground though, 3 was a little tedious at times.

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Watched Paranormal Activity 2 and 3 over the last two days. Good stuff, hope 4 is as good now. I think they're struggling a little to find new ground though, 3 was a little tedious at times.

:tp::tp::tp:

kalfitegrdan
08-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Just watched God Bless America and it was just about everything that I could have hoped for.

Dextrimental
08-08-2012, 10:30 AM
:tp::tp::tp:

Problem?

Night Of The Living Dead remake tonight. The movie that started my zombie obsession, a full decade after I first seen it!

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Problem?

Night Of The Living Dead remake tonight. The movie that started my zombie obsession, a full decade after I first seen it!

I don't see how anyone enjoys the movies let alone the stories.

But I'm watching Red Vs Blue Season 2.

BloodoftheKings
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Just watched God Bless America and it was just about everything that I could have hoped for.

I think you're the first person I've seen have a positive opinion on this movie. It seems like just about everyone said it was a massive disappointment.

kalfitegrdan
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I think you're the first person I've seen have a positive opinion on this movie. It seems like just about everyone said it was a massive disappointment.

What were the complaints about it?

dcmetal108
08-09-2012, 05:34 AM
What were the complaints about it?

The fact that it wasn't what most people expected.

I thought it was a lot calmer than what I expected plus they made some of the story so over done that it made it even more ridiculous.

Dextrimental
08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't see how anyone enjoys the movies let alone the stories.

But I'm watching Red Vs Blue Season 2.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

They're movies. People like them. Get over it.

Martyrs tonight!

dcmetal108
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Watching The Boondock Saints again in anticipation since I'm meeting them tomorrow.

ravenheart
08-09-2012, 05:48 PM
They're movies. People like them. Get over it.

Apart from you, they do? I thought everyone hated them for being stupid and shit... ;)

kalfitegrdan
08-09-2012, 09:20 PM
The fact that it wasn't what most people expected.

I thought it was a lot calmer than what I expected plus they made some of the story so over done that it made it even more ridiculous.

It wasn't what I expected, but it was exactly what I hoped for.

BloodoftheKings
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Just saw Seven for the first time. Holy shit.

treghet
08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Going to watch Iron Maiden's Early Days DVD.

masterguy49
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Just saw Seven for the first time. Holy shit.

For the first time!? :eek: Fucking amazing movie regardless.

Finished catching up Luther and Game of Thrones. Just about to finish catching up with The League(which is one of the funniest shows I've seen).

dcmetal108
08-12-2012, 04:59 AM

Finished catching up Luther and Game of Thrones. Just about to finish catching up with The League(which is one of the funniest shows I've seen).

I've seen every episode somewheres between 30 to about 75 times.

masterguy49
08-12-2012, 06:08 AM
I've seen every episode somewheres between 30 to about 75 times.

They're all so fucking great, I can't wait for the next season.
SHIVAKAMINI SOMAKANDARKRAM

Also i forgot to mention in my preview post.... I honestly didn't like season 2 of Game of Thrones that much, I don't mind some changes it to the books, but they changed a lot of major things, at times making some characters seems better or worse than they should be. Like they made Jon Snow seem like an idiot and his err.... fight... at the end wasn't even properly explained in the show making him seem like a dumbass. Plus the season overall was very rushed.
They did great displaying the battle of blackwater though, shit. The book also makes the Hound way cooler, people I know who only watch the show say he's awesome, but I don't get it cause he isn't a fourth of how awesome he is in the book.
I had a lot caffeine and I'm nerd ranting.... I apologize.

BloodoftheKings
08-12-2012, 07:41 AM

I've known about it for a while but I've never actually seen it. The final act of that movie was mind blowing.

Dextrimental
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I've known about it for a while but I've never actually seen it. The final act of that movie was mind blowing.

I remember we rented that when we were 14, me and a few buddies, and it went over our heads entirely. I re-watched it again a few months ago and my jaw just dropped during the last 20 minutes. Fantastic altogether. It's hard to believe the guy who made it started with Alien 3 :lol:

Doctor Who Season 3 starting tonight!

kalfitegrdan
08-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Doctor Who Season 3 starting tonight!

Fuck yes! Isn't it like season 7 though? Just season 3 with the current doctor.

The League is probably the funniest show on TV.

Dextrimental
08-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Fuck yes! Isn't it like season 7 though? Just season 3 with the current doctor.

The League is probably the funniest show on TV.

Yeah, the full series is on series, that starts end of August, I'm watching season 3, so the second season with David Tennant! Doctor Who is something I was definitely a little late to appreciate, which is odd considering my love for Douglas Adams and British sci fi in general!

kalfitegrdan
08-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Yeah, the full series is on series, that starts end of August, I'm watching season 3, so the second season with David Tennant! Doctor Who is something I was definitely a little late to appreciate, which is odd considering my love for Douglas Adams and British sci fi in general!

Yeah, I didn't start watching it until the fifth season was wrapping up. I haven't really watched much of the first few seasons with David Tenant and stuff because I started watching while Matt Smith was doctor and he's my favorite one, so I'm a little biased towards the rest.

Dextrimental
08-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I didn't start watching it until the fifth season was wrapping up. I haven't really watched much of the first few seasons with David Tenant and stuff because I started watching while Matt Smith was doctor and he's my favorite one, so I'm a little biased towards the rest.

I'd recommend giving them a go on some lazy Sunday afternoon, Tennant is very entertaining, though right now I still prefer Chris Eccleston!

kalfitegrdan
08-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I'd recommend giving them a go on some lazy Sunday afternoon, Tennant is very entertaining, though right now I still prefer Chris Eccleston!

I plan on it everntually.

So many shows to watch! I'm currently catching up on Burn Notice, Psych and Trailer Park Boys with like a million other shows interspersed in between.

BloodoftheKings
08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm about to watch The Descent in a bit. I also got a couple of Dario Argento films (Deep Red and Suspiria) and I plan to watch those in the next few days.

BloodoftheKings
08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Just got done watching The Descent. It was a good movie but the ending is bullshit.

mastodon421
08-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Just watched The Raid: Redemption. Holy fucking shit. One of the best action movies in recent memory.

XDoomsayerX
08-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Caught up completely with Breaking Bad and holy shit the newest episode ending! :eek:

treghet
08-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Just got done watching The Descent. It was a good movie but the ending is bullshit.

Which ending? There are two.

kalfitegrdan
08-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Caught up completely with Breaking Bad and holy shit the newest episode ending! :eek:

God damn, I really need to watch the fifth season.

Natrlhi
08-15-2012, 04:51 AM
That's what I was gonna say.

EDIT: ...and I agree that one of them is bullshit.

kalfitegrdan
08-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Just watched The Raid: Redemption. Holy fucking shit. One of the best action movies in recent memory.

This.

masterguy49
08-15-2012, 07:46 AM

I KNOW RIGHT!?! The episode was one of the best of the show and one of the best television episodes in recent memory. I mean really, THAT'S HOW YOU DK TELEVISION. I can't wait for the rest of the season

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2012, 08:28 AM

What do you mean by there are 2 endings? Are you referring to the 2nd movie or is there some special feature on the dvd that I don't know about? Anyway, i'm talking about when the main character wakes up in the cave and has a hallucination that her daughter is there with her.

treghet
08-15-2012, 12:54 PM
What do you mean by there are 2 endings? Are you referring to the 2nd movie or is there some special feature on the dvd that I don't know about? Anyway, i'm talking about when the main character wakes up in the cave and has a hallucination that her daughter is there with her.

There should be a feature to watch the other ending. The one you watched is the ending for the DVD, the other was used in the theater.

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
There should be a feature to watch the other ending. The one you watched is the ending for the DVD, the other was used in the theater.

I just looked it up on wikipedia and it says the American theatrical ending is just the ending I saw with the last minute cut out. Honestly, I think that ending is even worse.

ravenheart
08-15-2012, 07:15 PM
At no point did the people behind The IT Crowd consider writing some jokes?

ravenheart
08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Alpha Dog.

ravenheart
08-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Alpha Dog.

That is not how I saw that ending.

ravenheart
08-19-2012, 04:36 PM
'Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrells' and 'Snatch' back-to-back.

I win at movies.

dcmetal108
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Just started Trailer Park Of Terror!

powerslave_85
08-19-2012, 05:21 PM
'Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrells' and 'Snatch' back-to-back.

I win at movies.

Man I those movies. What do you think of Rock 'N Rolla? Not nearly as good as those two, but not shabby IMO.

ravenheart
08-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Man I those movies. What do you think of Rock 'N Rolla? Not nearly as good as those two, but not shabby IMO.

Agreed. I watched that for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. I have no idea how many times I've seen the other two :lol:

I have 'Layer Cake' as well, but haven't watched it yet.

powerslave_85
08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I liked Layer Cake. Totally different kind of movie, though.

ravenheart
08-19-2012, 06:27 PM

Yeah, I'm expecting that. But it completes the set of Matthew Vaughn-related English crime movies, so I do need to see it ;)

kalfitegrdan
08-19-2012, 07:26 PM

I honestly think Rock 'N Rolla might be my favorite with Snatch right behind it.

treghet
08-19-2012, 08:05 PM
The History of Iron Maiden Part 2

ravenheart
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Watching this now. It's good, but Daniel Craig is totally mis-cast. This needed to be someone who can deliver the lines without sounding like one the Queen's footmen. And Sienna Miller pretending to have a cockney accent is really annoying.

dcmetal108
08-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Triloquist. This movie is horrible.

dcmetal108
08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
The Change Up

PVH5150
08-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Watched "127 Hours" last night. It was ok.

Watched "Bug" the other night. Fuck, that was terrible.

ravenheart
08-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Watched 'JFK' last night for the first time. Brilliant, although quite hard to follow at times.

kalfitegrdan
08-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Been catching up on season 5 or Breaking Bad. About to start the third episode.

dcmetal108
08-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Watching Dirty Sanchez The Movie

ravenheart
08-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Just finished watching 'Public Enemies'. Not bad at all.

dcmetal108
08-25-2012, 06:35 PM
The Raid Redemption. Haven't seen it since it came out in theaters. This movie is sooooo awesome.

mankvill
08-25-2012, 06:39 PM
The Raid Redemption. Haven't seen it since it came out in theaters. This movie is sooooo awesome.

I think I might watch this again too.

Saw it at the local kinda "indie" theater back in Lawrence with my roommate. Was fucking awesome and fucking brutal.

powerslave_85
08-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I watched it earlier today. It was pretty good, but that one fight scene at the end went on waaaaaaay too long.

dcmetal108
08-25-2012, 07:11 PM
I watched it earlier today. It was pretty good, but that one fight scene at the end went on waaaaaaay too long.

No way man. That was intense. I liked the length of it, made me feel how intense the fight was and showed they weren't trying to rush it into making it a quick just brutal fight.

jd091
08-26-2012, 12:42 AM

oh shit I always forget that movie exists; I really wanna watch it sometime. Hear nothing but amazing from it.

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Watched Terry Gilliam's Brazil for the first time in several years last night. Excellent film.

ravenheart
08-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Watched Terry Gilliam's Brazil for the first time in several years last night. Excellent film.

Wasn't too impressed with that one.

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Wasn't too impressed with that one.

Which cut did you watch?

Dextrimental
08-26-2012, 07:10 AM

That film blew my mind. My brother told me to watch it a few years back with the sentence 'Robert DeNiro is a supherhero plumber'. It's now easily in my top 25 movies of all time!

ravenheart
08-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Which cut did you watch?

I have no idea. The whole thing was just "OK".

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 07:18 AM
I have no idea. The whole thing was just "OK".

It's a shame you think so. It's a great movie even if you're watching the inferior 'Love Conquers All' cut.

That film blew my mind. My brother told me to watch it a few years back with the sentence 'Robert DeNiro is a supherhero plumber'. It's now easily in my top 25 movies of all time!

That's a great way of describing it :D Did you know De Niro originally wanted to play Jack (the surgeon/torturer) but settled for the role of Tuttle once he was told the role was already taken?

Dextrimental
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
That's a great way of describing it :D Did you know De Niro originally wanted to play Jack (the surgeon/torturer) but settled for the role of Tuttle once he was told the role was already taken?

I did not, but that's definitely one of those movie coincidences that makes the overall product so much better! That said, every time I watch Brazil, or any Terry Gilliam picture, I always find the casting one of the most impressive parts. There's always at least one curve ball in each of his films, DeNiro in Brazil, Pitt in Twelve Monkeys etc.!

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 07:43 AM
I did not, but that's definitely one of those movie coincidences that makes the overall product so much better! That said, every time I watch Brazil, or any Terry Gilliam picture, I always find the casting one of the most impressive parts. There's always at least one curve ball in each of his films, DeNiro in Brazil, Pitt in Twelve Monkeys etc.!

Did you hear that Bob Hoskins isn't doing films anymore? He was diagnosed with Parkinson's a year or two back, so he's done :(

Dextrimental
08-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Did you hear that Bob Hoskins isn't doing films anymore? He was diagnosed with Parkinson's a year or two back, so he's done :(

I did, tragic news alright, dude was a dam good actor, and was part of quite a few of my favorite films! Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Super Mario Bros were two films that made my childhood :lol:

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I did, tragic news alright, dude was a dam good actor, and was part of quite a few of my favorite films! Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Super Mario Bros were two films that made my childhood :lol:

If you haven't, you should definitely check out The Long Good Friday (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Good_Friday). Terrific gangster film.

ravenheart
08-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Started early this evening. Watched 'The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford', then the last episode of 'Once Upon A Time'.

Now watching 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight'.

The hardest line for Heath Ledger to deliver must have been calling Maggie Gyllenhaal beautiful.

dcmetal108
08-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Watching Pirates A Band Of Misfits and Episode 10 Of Anger Management.

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
New episode of Breaking Bad! :eek:

kalfitegrdan
08-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Started early this evening. Watched 'The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford'

The hardest line for Heath Ledger to deliver must have been calling Maggie Gyllenhaal beautiful.

How was that? I've been wanting to see that since it came out, but never got around to it.

Also, :lol:

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 04:08 AM
How was that? I've been wanting to see that since it came out, but never got around to it.

Yeah, I've only just got around to it having had it on DVD for a very long time, just because it's so damn long. It was alright. All of the acting was superb, but it really is too long. The story could have been told about an hour quicker because it's not actually that complicated or involved.

mastodon421
08-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I've only just got around to it having had it on DVD for a very long time, just because it's so damn long. It was alright. All of the acting was superb, but it really is too long. The story could have been told about an hour quicker because it's not actually that complicated or involved.

You must have read my mind because those are my exact thoughts on The Assassination of Jesse James.

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Finally watching Insidious. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Finally watching Insidious. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

SPOILER ALERT: It does.

Dextrimental
08-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Watched X-Men: The Last Stand with my sister earlier for the first time in months. Completely forgot about Beast in that movie, really enjoyed that aspect of it. The rest, meh.

Doctor Who series 5. I'm determined to be up to date for the new series on Saturday.

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Just watched Rescue Dawn, which was pretty good.

Then Beetle Juice for the first time in years. Still a classic.

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
SPOILER ALERT: It does.

It did suck.

Now I am finishing Pirates Band Of Misfits

mastodon421
08-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Insidious wasn't that bad until the last 30 minutes. The final third derailed any momentum the film had built up to that point.

BloodoftheKings
08-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Insidious wasn't that bad until the last 30 minutes. The final third derailed any momentum the film had built up to that point.

I'll admit the first half of the movie was decent but once they started doing that Dream Warriors shit the movie went full retard.

dcmetal108
08-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I'll admit the first half of the movie was decent but once they started doing that Dream Warriors shit the movie went full retard.

Even the first half was your average build up jump scare. It was nothing new or special.

Dextrimental
08-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Even the first half was your average build up jump scare. It was nothing new or special.

True, but it did that very well. Potential completely wasted.

ShatteredFlame
08-28-2012, 10:00 AM
There's little moments in Insidious that are scary but you really have to pay attention to detail. Like at one point the mom walks past the demon kid (who is facing a wall) when entering a room. Nothing happens from it but it's pretty creepy once you notice it.

dcmetal108
08-28-2012, 02:33 PM
There's little moments in Insidious that are scary but you really have to pay attention to detail. Like at one point the mom walks past the demon kid (who is facing a wall) when entering a room. Nothing happens from it but it's pretty creepy once you notice it.

Yeah I noticed that.

Best part of the movie was when the Tiny Tim song was playing and the boy dressed as a sailor kid was dancing. Too fucking funny yet still so weird as fuck.

Watching Jay And Silent Bob Get Old : Teabaggin' In The UK

dcmetal108
08-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Just walked Walking Tall for like the 7th time.

Now watching A Thousand Words.

Now watching Bad Ass.

ravenheart
08-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Just watched The Next Three Days.

Enjoyed it, but somehow feel let down by the ending and don't know why...

dcmetal108
08-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Watching Tonight Your Mine

illuminatus917
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
How many times is AMC going to show Pretty Woman. Fuck.

John The Drummer
09-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Watched "Don't Be A Menace" last night, kinda bored me :(

dcmetal108
09-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Watched "Don't Be A Menace" last night, kinda bored me :(

That movie is awesome though.

John The Drummer
09-01-2012, 02:03 PM
That movie is awesome though.
I really want to like it, but I dunno, I think I need to watch it when I'm not overly tired. I'll try again sometime. I will admit that the "40's & 9's" scene is pure cinematic genius!

SomewhereInTime72
09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Watched In the Mood for Love earlier today. Liked it. I know nothing about Hong Kong movies.

dcmetal108
09-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Angry Video Game Nerd <3

ravenheart
09-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Just finished watching all three LOTR extended editions for the first time.

Dumbest thing in the whole story: Aragorn gives up Miranda Otto for Liv Tyler. Idiot.

Oh yeah, and watched the re-make of 'Fright Night' the other day. Nowhere near as funny as people make out.

mankvill
09-04-2012, 01:52 PM

Dumbest thing in the whole story: Aragorn gives up Miranda Otto for Liv Tyler. Idiot.

Yup. >_<

illuminatus917
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM

Liv Tyler is an elf though. Elf > human.

ravenheart
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Liv Tyler is an elf though.

Horse. Liv Tyler is a horse.

illuminatus917
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/rm5k0j.jpg

A picture I took in Honduras earlier this year.

Now I can envision Liv Tyler as one of those.

powerslave_85
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Dumbest thing in the whole story: Aragorn gives up Miranda Otto for Liv Tyler. Idiot. Can't argue with that.

illuminatus917
09-04-2012, 03:04 PM
North by Northwest.

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 03:29 PM
WWE 50 Top Finishing Moves

John The Drummer
09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Angry Video Game Nerd <3

:rocker:
I need to buy the 5th (I think 5th) "season" of that. I know its all online for free, but I hate watching shit on my computer screen.

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 04:20 PM
:rocker:
I need to buy the 5th (I think 5th) "season" of that. I know its all online for free, but I hate watching shit on my computer screen.

See I have the first few seasons on some weird collection dvd I bought but then just downloaded a file that was like the first 90 episodes.

BloodoftheKings
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Is AVGN still working on the full length movie? When is that supposed to come out?

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Is AVGN still working on the full length movie? When is that supposed to come out?

Yes he said it is still being made, last I heard he wanted it out by the end of the year.

kalfitegrdan
09-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Just watched the newest episode of Breaking Bad. Holy shit! :eek: Next week can't come soon enough.

powerslave_85
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Just watched the newest episode of Breaking Bad. Holy shit! :eek: Next week can't come soon enough.
Boy, do I have some bad news for you...

BloodoftheKings
09-04-2012, 05:04 PM

:lol:

dcmetal108
09-04-2012, 06:30 PM

hahahah oh Zach doesn't know.

masterguy49
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM

:lol: Poor guy

You'll have to wait till next sumer ;)

Also Doctor Who: The End of Time

ShatteredFlame
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I tried getting my roommates to watch Poultrygeist and they only made it about 5 minutes in :lol:. (look it up, hilarious film). Then we watched Trainspotting instead.

kalfitegrdan
09-04-2012, 07:13 PM
:lol: Poor guy

You'll have to wait till next sumer ;)

Also Doctor Who: The End of Time

Well, shit...forgot they were splitting this season...

masterguy49
09-04-2012, 07:21 PM

Well, shit...forgot they were splitting this season...

It's okay, I'm sure your mind was helping you by forgetting it. That cliff hanger is just not fair

ShatteredFlame
09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I honestly didn't really like the cliffhanger and expected better, the final scene was too much of a coincidence and just felt lazy to me. Plus so many crucial things have changed between the last two episodes, they introduced so many new possibilities but we hardly know enough so it's hard to speculate what will happen next. I thought the wait would be unbearable but I just really don't know what to think of the last two episodes.

dcmetal108
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Battleship

jd091
09-05-2012, 01:50 PM
For any Breaking Bad fans, I highly recommend listening to the podcast "The Ones Who Knock". They did a pretty good analysis of the last episode of this year, and I agree with them that it let me down a lot (based on how good the last 3-4 before it were).

http://www.slashfilm.com/category/features/slashfilmcast/the-ones-who-knock/

Looking forward to finishing it next year. I've heard some pretty crazy theories as to where it'll go... oh man.

Dextrimental
09-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Just started season 2 of Breaking Bad. Good stuff, but I'm not loving it too much. Really just a stop gap for me, killing time untilt he shows I really like come back.

JRA
09-05-2012, 07:51 PM
The director's cut of a Charlie Brown Kwanzaa.

Meh, these extra scenes suck.

XDoomsayerX
09-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Just started season 2 of Breaking Bad. Good stuff, but I'm not loving it too much. Really just a stop gap for me, killing time untilt he shows I really like come back.

Breaking Bad is the tits though. :eek: To each their own.

Just started watching Dexter, very interesting to say the least.

kalfitegrdan
09-06-2012, 05:15 AM
One of my roommates threw on Gran Torino and we're all watching it while playing Minecraft.

Dextrimental
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Breaking Bad is the tits though. :eek: To each their own.

Just started watching Dexter, very interesting to say the least.

It's good, don't get me wrong, but, I don't know, just not connecting with it as much as others I guess.

Dexter, on the other hand, is my favorite ongoing serial, that show is amazing. Enjoy it :D

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
It's good, don't get me wrong, but, I don't know, just not connecting with it as much as others I guess.

Dexter, on the other hand, is my favorite ongoing serial, that show is amazing. Enjoy it :D

I find Dexter to be silly, like if it were intended to be. Like Dexter always does this goofy look on his face that cracks me up. It's a black comedy though, no?

John The Drummer
09-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I really need to hop on the DVD's whenever they're on sale at Best Buy! I have never seen this show... once :(

brutal_descent
09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Dexter, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad are my three favorite ongoing TV shows :rocker:

ShatteredFlame
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I'll praise Dexter seasons 1-4 to no end, 5 a little less but I just can't defend 6, it was fucking awful. Season 7 has so much potential, enough to put them back on the quality of the first 4 seasons, I pray that they don't fuck it up.

brutal_descent
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll praise Dexter seasons 1-4 to no end, 5 a little less but I just can't defend 6, it was fucking awful. Season 7 has so much potential, enough to put them back on the quality of the first 4 seasons, I pray that they don't fuck it up.

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with S6 for you? I've heard a lot of criticism of the season but nothing to back it up with. I personally loved it (not as much as the previous seasons but still), especially with the spiritual journey/faith theme.

ShatteredFlame
09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Out of curiosity, what was wrong with S6 for you? I've heard a lot of criticism of the season but nothing to back it up with. I personally loved it (not as much as the previous seasons but still), especially with the spiritual journey/faith theme.

To me it felt very dumbed down and poorly written. Dexter felt unstoppable like he could do whatever he wanted with no consequences. I felt every important plot kind of died a couple of episodes later, nothing seemed to have a lasting effect. Like I almost completely forgot about both Gellar and Brother Sam by the final episode. The religious aspect I felt was a logical step for Dexter's character but I don't think they handled it well at all. He gives religion a try and tries to help Travis escape his dark passenger but then it turns out that Travis is not worth saving so in the end Dexter just hates religion. The Travis and Gellar twist was very weak, I liked the SAW style stuff Gellar would pull off but Travis would just act on pure coincidence or what he calls faith. I even hated Dexter's dialogue, he was more serious than previous seasons and he would mention the dark passenger every other line, and the moments with Harry became so frequent that it became annoying. For the most part my problem with season 6 is that there are so many stupid fucking moments that it just became insulting:
-Opening scene where Dexter calls two paramedics in to kill them and somehow doesn't get investigated for it.
-Dexter having sex with a girl from his high school and then again with a random girl from Nebraska just felt out of character.
-Dexter assaulting a thug with a bat in front of Brother Sam and another thug without any fear that either of the thugs posed a threat to him
-Dexter surviving a huge explosion like its a fucking action movie
-Dexter having to swim hundreds of miles, getting picked up by an immigration boat and killing the threats on the boat like its nothing.
-Everyone treating Dexter like he's God at that one crime scene where his face is painted on the wall....just :lol:
-Dexter actually giving in and alerting the police about the napalm, but not disguising his voice and somehow no one even reviews the tape
-The episode "Nebraska" was fun but at the same time it was the only Dexter episode ever where they suddenly took a break from the main plot.
-Dexter sending Travis a tape with him in front of his boat somehow is supposed to alert Travis that Dexter would be at his boat that night?
-Quinn acting like a moron the entire season.
-The police station somehow being active an hour after a napalm attack.
-Doing nothing with the Mike Anderson character
-I don't have a problem with the incest plot, even I thought of it in the first season but overall I feel like this realization was completely uncalled for.
-Somehow nobody noticing Travis even though he barely puts on a disguise, his face is shown to the public and he drives right in front of his currently being investigated crime scene.

Those are really just off the top of my head, I can go on and on.

TonyD
09-07-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/metalmasters

Phil's voice is going the way of Brian Johnson and Kerry King can't solo for his life, but that's not news.

John The Drummer
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I am getting ready for the new Resident Evil movie... so...
A few nights ago I watched Resident Evil: Extinction again, not bad, not the best either.

Last night I watched RE: Afterlife, far better than I remember it being. Sure it had some cheesy moments (Clare vs big monster dude in the shower) but overall I liked it more than Extinction.

dcmetal108
09-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Gangland. I love this show.

brutal_descent
09-11-2012, 06:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7DitJPndr8&feature=related

dcmetal108
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
The Final. Generic horror movie I am guessing.

dcmetal108
09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Hot Rod

kalfitegrdan
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Hot Rod

:fist:

Still one of the funniest movies I've seen.

mastodon421
09-13-2012, 06:11 AM
:fist:

Still one of the funniest movies I've seen.

This, that movie is a fucking classic.

dcmetal108
09-16-2012, 06:04 PM
The Office

Sepultura69
09-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Obituary and i'm still thinking about hitting that key club show...but..

Watching this video of slowly we rot without the solo...just sounds...wierd...no offense, it just feel like a half assed version with out those awesome solos... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53toF6MNZm4

Hell, that goes for all the damn songs that are missing all the awesome bits. :hmm:

Still, they sound great, but the absence of solos is big a butt hurt for me :(

treghet
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Obituary and i'm still thinking about hitting that key club show...but..

Watching this video of slowly we rot without the solo...just sounds...wierd...no offense, it just feel like a half assed version with out those awesome solos... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53toF6MNZm4

Hell, that goes for all the damn songs that are missing all the awesome bits. :hmm:

Still, they sound great, but the absence of solos is big a butt hurt for me :(

I feel the same way. I'm sure I'll still have fun, but it's really a bummer. :(

Sepultura69
09-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I feel the same way. I'm sure I'll still have fun, but it's really a bummer. :(

The only thing that is stopping me from saying "no" is Johns voice...My god....that voice, he still got it after 20 years :drool: :drool:

And when they play all the regular parts the band still sounds superb, its just the solo parts that make me cringe in disappointment.

dcmetal108
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Just started Season 8 Of Weeds. Now on Episode 2.

John The Drummer
09-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Panic Room last night, better than expected, but I could tell that big black dude would turn around in the end.

Also, I didn't realize that the little girl was Bella from Twilight until the very end, I honestly thought she was a little boy for 1/3 of the movie :eyes:

ravenheart
09-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Also, I didn't realize that the little girl was Bella from Twilight until the very end, I honestly thought she was a little boy for 1/3 of the movie :eyes:

Almost right. Bella from Twilight is the girl from 'Panic Room' ;)

John The Drummer
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Almost right. Bella from Twilight is the girl from 'Panic Room' ;)

I... You... What? Oh... I see :lol:

I need to start watching more random movies on Crackle, even though must blow.

ravenheart
09-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Watching the Star Wars The Clone Wars animated movie... so... Jabba has a gay uncle?

dcmetal108
09-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Just watched Katy Perry Part Of Me The Movie now watching National Security.

jd091
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Saw The Master. Anyone else seen it yet? ...and what do you think?

Pretty much this: 10/10 acting, 5/10 plotline. I'm super conflicted about it. But if Joaquin Phoenix doesn't win best actor and Phillip Seymor Hoffman doesn't win best supporting, I'm gonna cut someone.

ravenheart
09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
People need to stop casting Logan Lerman in movies. There is nothing to like about that shaved monkey.

John The Drummer
09-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Thor last night. Amazing movie, far beyond my expectations!

BloodoftheKings
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Thor last night. Amazing movie, far beyond my expectations!

Thor is pretty good but I wouldn't call it amazing. I really like the beginning and the end of the movie where Thor has his powers but the whole middle section is kinda silly.

dcmetal108
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Watching Wraith Of The Titans. Its better than expected.

dcmetal108
09-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Hostel 3 now.

kalfitegrdan
09-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Watching Wraith Of The Titans. Its better than expected.

That movie was so terrible. The story is fucking stupid. Toby Kebbell is the saving grace of that movie.