PDA

View Full Version : Latest Purchases Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Maiden33
12-02-2008, 05:53 AM
I've seen the Wacken footage elsewhere. It's from WDR, as all Wacken footage is. And it looks 100x better from their TV captures... It's very clearly been compressed for this DVD (probably to fit it on with those horrible road movies). I wish I'd kept the TV capture now so I could compare, but I deleted it when I knew it was going to be on this release. They changed their editing style sometime a couple of years ago to be less 'MTV'. So the 2006 editing is much better than 2003.

I remember the same happening with the last Type O Negative live DVD. The TV broadcast of whichever show it was was better quality.

After loving the CD, totally disappointed with this DVD. If I've got some time this week I'll fashion some full-res screenshots from the Gamma Ray one, and something that is actually decent quality.

I just can't get over your distaste for this DVD. Every other person I know who has seen it has had nothing but positive thoughts.

ravenheart
12-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, but you're all Gamma Ray fanboys ;)

Maiden33
12-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, but you're all Gamma Ray fanboys ;)

I know that was meant as a joke, and I'm probably going to come off bitchier than I intend to:

I am NOT a Gamma Ray fanboy. Believe me, I know how to spot them because I know quite a few, those "Kai Hansen is God" types. I'm DEFINITELY not one of them. I think Kai is solid but overated guitarist, repetative songwriter, and a general meh vocalist (despte his voice being a god fit for Gamma Ray). I criticize them from time to time, I'm not a fanboy.

Spiral_Slave
12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Turisas - A Finnish Summer With Turisas DVD

Nevermore - Year Of The Voyager DVD

Arch Enemy - Tyrants In The Land Of The Rising Sun DVD

:party::blaze::party::blaze:

JRA
12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I think Kai is a repetative songwriter, and a general meh vocalist (despte his voice being a god fit for Gamma Ray).

I actually agree with you here. I'd be lying to myself if I didn't agree that Kai writes the same shit over and over again.

Maiden33
12-02-2008, 06:32 PM
http://i10.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/11/5b/a34d_1.JPG

I'm ecstatic to say the least. I paid a bit too much for it, but I just don't care considering how much I wanted it and how many chances I'm likely to get to get it.

ChildrenofSodom
12-03-2008, 02:58 AM
I have the same shirt, except its TSO.

Yesterday I bought...

1 Ticket to Indiana Pacers Versus New Orleans Hornets
Dir en Grey - Uroboros

Maiden33
12-03-2008, 06:36 AM
I have the same shirt, except its TSO.

Yesterday I bought...

1 Ticket to Indiana Pacers Versus New Orleans Hornets
Dir en Grey - Uroboros

That shirt ENRAGES me. It's not bad enough that the popularity of TSO ultimately led to the disolving of Savatage, they have to add insult to injury by stealing that graphic which originally appeared on the Streets album. That image has become synomymous with Criss Oliva and the Savatage shirt with the graphic is meant as a tribute to him, not as some stupid Christmas gimmick. I really enjoy TSO, but the extent to which Paul O'Neill belittles Savatage is really beginning to bother me.

ChildrenofSodom
12-03-2008, 07:59 AM
That shirt ENRAGES me. It's not bad enough that the popularity of TSO ultimately led to the disolving of Savatage, they have to add insult to injury by stealing that graphic which originally appeared on the Streets album. That image has become synomymous with Criss Oliva and the Savatage shirt with the graphic is meant as a tribute to him, not as some stupid Christmas gimmick. I really enjoy TSO, but the extent to which Paul O'Neill belittles Savatage is really beginning to bother me.

I think Criss Oliva's death did good enough to kill Savatage.

Move on.

Maiden33
12-03-2008, 08:13 AM
I think Criss Oliva's death did good enough to kill Savatage.

Move on.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. You are aware that they released 4 FANTASTIC albums after Criss died? As amazing as Criss was, Savatage wasn't his brainchild, it was Jon's. They just did the right thing to move in a more orchestral, bombastic direction after he died, taking the focus off of the absence of his guitar playing. You can't say anything about the guys who have played after Criss... Alex Skolnick, Chris Caffery, Al Pitrelli, or Matt LaPorte in Jon Oliva's Pain.

ravenheart
12-03-2008, 08:36 AM
I know that was meant as a joke, and I'm probably going to come off bitchier than I intend to:

I am NOT a Gamma Ray fanboy. Believe me, I know how to spot them because I know quite a few, those "Kai Hansen is God" types. I'm DEFINITELY not one of them. I think Kai is solid but overated guitarist, repetative songwriter, and a general meh vocalist (despte his voice being a god fit for Gamma Ray). I criticize them from time to time, I'm not a fanboy.

Bitch ;)

ChildrenofSodom
12-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure what you're saying here. You are aware that they released 4 FANTASTIC albums after Criss died? As amazing as Criss was, Savatage wasn't his brainchild, it was Jon's. They just did the right thing to move in a more orchestral, bombastic direction after he died, taking the focus off of the absence of his guitar playing. You can't say anything about the guys who have played after Criss... Alex Skolnick, Chris Caffery, Al Pitrelli, or Matt LaPorte in Jon Oliva's Pain.

If Savatage was the brainchild of Jon Oliva, then why shouldnt he be allowed to use that image on the TSO shirt? Its his.

Maiden33
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
If Savatage was the brainchild of Jon Oliva, then why shouldnt he be allowed to use that image on the TSO shirt? Its his.

Savatage is Jon Oliva's thing, TSO is Paul O'Neill. All Jon does is help write and arrange the music. The whole marketing machine is Paul's. As much as it pains me to say it, Jon Oliva probably had a moral reserve enough to not use the graphic for TSO purposes until he considered how much money it could make.
By the way, what you just said has absolutely nothing to do with what you said prior, further confusing me as to what your original purpose in responding to my initial rant was.

ravenheart
12-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Fear Factory - Soul of A New Machine
Fear Factory - Obsolete

Spiral_Slave
12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Alestorm - Leviathan EP with badass poster from Napalm Records :party:

Spiral_Slave
12-09-2008, 07:28 AM
LOST - Season 4 Box set. :party::party::party::party:

EvilCheeseWedge
12-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
Muse - Blackholes And Revelations
Coldplay - Viva la Vida
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

SomewhereInTime72
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

:party:

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

:zzz:

EvilCheeseWedge
12-09-2008, 05:15 PM

:zzz:

:lol:

I only paid $4.99 for the Coldplay at least ;)

ravenheart
12-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form (Ltd. Deluxe Edition)
Dirty Rig - Rock Did It
Paradise Lost - In Requiem
Thunderstone - Tools of Destruction (Special Edition)
Panic Cell - What Doesn't Kill Us

Spiral_Slave
12-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Paradise Lost - In Requiem

That's a good one.

ChildrenofSodom
12-14-2008, 07:51 AM
That's a good one.

I love that album.

ChildrenofSodom
12-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Early Christmas Gift: Year long subscription to The Economist.

powerslave_85
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
The Office Season 4 DVD
Arrested Development Season 1 DVD

ravenheart
12-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Metal: A Headbanger's Companion Vol.1 (5CD box set)
Worldwide Metal (5CD box set)
Wolverine - The Window Purpose
Wolverine - Cold Light of Monday
Alice Cooper - The Life And Crimes of Alice Cooper
Without Face - Astronomicon

SomewhereInTime72
12-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Been buying people some Christmas gifts over the past few days:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Top Gun
Shower Gel :eyes:
Some Phillipa Gregory book...
Nice Gloves
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Christmas Attic (got a TSO fan in the family, and its holiday appropriate :party: )
A Sudoku book
A cat harness

So far so good.

JuuKun
12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
A Christmas present from Me to Me: God Dethroned "In the Lair of the White Worm" hoodie. Merry Christmas, Me.

powerslave_85
12-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah, I picked up The Dark Knight DVD the other day.

Div
12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on Steam for $5 :eek:

ravenheart
12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
New Year sales started early :)

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Queen - The Cosmos Rocks
Judas Priest - Nostradamus (Deluxe Edition)
Murderdolls - Beyond The Valley of The Murderdolls

es156
12-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Poverty's No Crime - The Autumn Years
Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus

Maiden33
12-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Poverty's No Crime - The Autumn Years
Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus

2 top 10 albums of 2008 there for me. Avantasia is ranked #4, I think I have Edguy at #8.

JuuKun
12-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Bolt Thrower - ...For Victory/Live War! (2CD)
Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
Carcass - Heartwork (CD/DVD)
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane/Where Dead Angels Lie
Eidolon - The Parallel Otherworld
Sinergy - Suicide By My Side

Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters (Vinyl)

Maiden33
12-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Filling a few holes in my collection by purchasing real copies of shit I've been familar with for a while:

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous (used)
Dio - Dream Evil (used)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Perpetual Flame
Axel Rudi Pell - Tales of the Crown
Savatage - Edge of Thorns (cassette)

Also bought a Maiden Somewhere Back in Time hoodie for $30. Steal of the year? I think so.

ravenheart
12-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
Aerosmith - Night In The Ruts

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Three of my six books that I got for Christmas came in the mail yesterday.

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins
What Makes a Terrorist: Economics and The Roots of Terrorism by Alan Krueger
Damming the Flood: Haiti, Aristide, and the Politics of Containment by Peter Hallward

es156
12-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Death Angel - Killing Season
Death Angel - The Art Of Dying
Death Angel - Act III ($3.49, ha ha)
Cloudscape - Global Drama

Div
12-28-2008, 03:13 PM
:party: :party:

ordered my new pc parts!

i got newegg's 12 months no interest so i can make affordable monthy payemnts.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/905/newbuild2008hn2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

already have a case and wireless card
lol at people who spend $3000 on "gaming" pc's
no sound card yet so i gotta use onboard audio for now :( but ill save up for that and buy it seperate, a good one is only like $100-150

maybe ill do a blog post on how to assemble this stuff incase anyone else wants to build their own pc and save some cash.

es156
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM
:party: :party:

ordered my new pc parts!

i got newegg's 12 months no interest so i can make affordable monthy payemnts.

We order from NewEgg all the time. They usually have really good prices and the shipping has always been reliable. You have to love how low the prices are these days on RAM and hard drives!

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
My new laptop has Vista Home. I actually like it. Not sure what all the problems were earlier in the year.

ravenheart
12-29-2008, 12:21 AM
My new laptop has Vista Home. I actually like it. Not sure what all the problems were earlier in the year.

I've had Vista for over a year now. Always liked it and never had any problems with it.

ChildrenofSodom
12-29-2008, 06:52 AM
I've had Vista for over a year now. Always liked it and never had any problems with it.

Yeah, everyone around me either has a Mac or plans to get a Mac. Seems popular nowadays to have a Mac, especially in college. I have never used one, I was raised on Windows. I dont hate vista, so why change? As long as I have Firefox and iTunes, I'm straight.

SomewhereInTime72
12-29-2008, 07:47 AM
I prefer XP to Vista. Vista's not half as bad as a lot of computer enthusiasts have made it out to be. It's almost the same level as control as XP gave you, it's just a lot more inconvenient. :(

DethMaiden
12-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Bidding on some shirts right now, late Christmas gift from me to me: Metal Church self-titled, Carcass- Heartwork, and a Tony Parker jersey.

ChildrenofSodom
12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Inverted Cross necklace
Jesus Camp DVD
Flying Spaghetti Monster car emblem
Bitter Fruit by Stephen Kinzer
Winter Soldier: Iraq and Afghanistan Eyewitness Accounts

ChildrenofSodom
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Had a gift certificate to the local book store, so I snagged:

Conspiracy Theories & Secret Societys For Dummies

I love the title...haha.

mankvill
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Obituary - Left To Die (EP)
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!

Div
12-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Left 4 Dead :)

anyway, Vista was given alot of shit because it wasnt very compatible with games and it uses alot of system memory. service pack 1 has sense fixed alot of the problems so Vista isn't really a bad choice anymore. plus Windows 7 is coming out later this year I believe and that's something alot of people are really looking forward to.

JuuKun
12-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Opeth - Blackwater Park (Vinyl)

JRA
12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!

Smooth.

A new laptop, a new iPod, and....

*drumroll*

Gamma Ray: Hell Yeah The Awesome 4 some DVD (fucking finally!)

:party::party::party:

SomewhereInTime72
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM

anyway, Vista was given alot of shit because it wasnt very compatible with games and it uses alot of system memory. service pack 1 has sense fixed alot of the problems so Vista isn't really a bad choice anymore. plus Windows 7 is coming out later this year I believe and that's something alot of people are really looking forward to.

Vista also contributed to memory being totally fucking cheap nowadays so I give it props for that. :lol: :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
HOW MUCH DO I LIKE BORIS?

Answer: a fucking lot.

New CD with Michio Kurihara came out about a week ago... Inoxia records is selling a limited amount online. But with shipping it comes to $31. Gah... I know it's a limited thing and from another country but still it's like double the cost of a normal album. It makes me just want to hooliganize it. :snivel:

OH THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS

DethMaiden
12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
HOW MUCH DO I LIKE BORIS?

Answer: a fucking lot.

New CD with Michio Kurihara came out about a week ago... Inoxia records is selling a limited amount online. But with shipping it comes to $31. Gah... I know it's a limited thing and from another country but still it's like double the cost of a normal album. It makes me just want to hooliganize it. :snivel:

OH THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS

At least it's after Christmas and you probably have some money you hadn't necessarily counted on.

SomewhereInTime72
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
At least it's after Christmas and you probably have some money you hadn't necessarily counted on.

THIS IS CERTAINLY TRUE BUT I'VE ALSO BEEN MEANING TO BUY A TOP HAT

Sinfulsot
12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
a new espresso pot.

and for the record, if i were in a position to buy a new computer, it is likely to be a Mac.

Maiden33
12-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Smooth.

A new laptop, a new iPod, and....

*drumroll*

Gamma Ray: Hell Yeah The Awesome 4 some DVD (fucking finally!)

:party::party::party:

NICE.

Div
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Team Fortress 2

what the hell, it was only 10 bucks.

mankvill
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
New CD with Michio Kurihara came out about a week ago

what

ravenheart
12-30-2008, 12:14 AM

I got that, haven't played it yet though. Been too busy playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

ravenheart
12-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, everyone around me either has a Mac or plans to get a Mac. Seems popular nowadays to have a Mac, especially in college. I have never used one, I was raised on Windows. I dont hate vista, so why change? As long as I have Firefox and iTunes, I'm straight.

Your college is full of trend-following losers ;)

ChildrenofSodom
12-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Your college is full of trend-following losers ;)

I'm not in college yet. :(

powerslave_85
12-30-2008, 10:25 AM
I got Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty 4, and Madden '09 for Christmas, but I've had almost no time to play them because of work. I'm probably going to call in sick on Friday to get some quality time ;)

My parents bought an iMac for Christmas. It's pretty slick. I think I'm going to get one of those instead of a Macbook now.

Div
12-30-2008, 11:06 AM
As long as I have Google Chrome and Winamp, I'm straight.

fix'd

DethMaiden
12-30-2008, 11:12 AM
fix'd

You're so internet elite that you use more elite software than the most elite internet people I know use. You're, like, a thousand steps above Explorer and Windows Media Player, aren't you?

SomewhereInTime72
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
what

http://www.inoxia-rec.com/shoppedal.htm
fix'd
Google Chrome is not very good.

Div
12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
You're so internet elite that you use more elite software than the most elite internet people I know use. You're, like, a thousand steps above Explorer and Windows Media Player, aren't you?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6398/kobdwh0.jpg

ravenheart
12-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Joe Satriani - Dreaming #11
Solarized - Neanderthal Speedway

mankvill
12-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Google Chrome has the potential to be so awesome, but I like Firefox better.

And Songbird ftw

ravenheart
01-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Alice Cooper 'Welcome To My Nightmare' charcoal grey t-shirt
KISS 'Rock And Roll Over' charcoal grey t-shirt
Aerosmith faded logo black t-shirt

Slipknot - 9.0 Live
Rage - Execution Guaranteed
Paradise Lost - The Anatomy of Melancholy (DVD)
AC/DC - Live At Donington (DVD)
Mind Odyssey - Nailed To The Shade

ravenheart
01-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Badmagick - Never Broken
Ease From Absence - Ease From Absence EP
Freedom Hawk - Sunlight
Jet Black Stare - In This Life
Rev Theory - Light It Up
The Reticent - Hymns For The Dejected
The Reticent - Amor Mortem Mei Erit
Jason Fresta - We're All Mad Here
Steve Broderick - Steve Broderick
Southpaw - Southpaw

overkiller
01-06-2009, 03:28 PM
I just got back from a week+ on Cape Cod, and while there, I accumulated:

Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters (Vinyl)
Earth - Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version (Vinyl)
Toxic Holocaust - Hell On Earth (Vinyl)
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico (Vinyl)
Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising (CD)
Danzig - 7:77 - I Luciferi (CD)
Wu-Tang T-shirt
2 sweaters
A random mug with Apollo on it
Dante - The Divine Comedy (a cool leatherbound edition with all the Gustave Doré illustrations in it)
James Joyce - Ulysses (hardcover)

b_halperin
01-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I got the comedy album Mitch All Together by Mitch Hedberg and it's the funniest thing I've ever listened to!

mankvill
01-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising (CD)

:fist:

ChildrenofSodom
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Swallow the Sun - Plague of Butterflies

Might make my list.

ravenheart
01-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Swallow the Sun - Plague of Butterflies

Might make my list.

It made mine. Incredible, isn't it?

powerslave_85
01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas for 360 and X-Files: I Want To Believe on DVD.

Sinfulsot
01-08-2009, 08:53 AM
19" widescreen lcd monitor. it's like i have more monitor than i know what to do with.

mankvill
01-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Rainbow Six: Vegas

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the direction Rainbow Six games has taken? I mean, I liked R6:V but Rogue Spear is one of my all-time favorite games of all time.

Sitting with this big-ass (400+ pages) strategy guide and plotting out routes and executing shit. God damn, so much fun.

If I wanted to play a shooty action game, I'd play Halo. :(

powerslave_85
01-08-2009, 11:59 AM
No way. Spending 20 minutes on planning only to die instantly a minute into the mission isn't all that fun. The use of the cover system and the team commands on the go are great, and brilliantly executed. It's still not even close to being a run-and-gun game like Halo; you still have to be methodical and tactically minded. Plus, the snake cam is the best thing ever.

If Call of Duty 4 had RS:V's cover system, it'd be the greatest shooter of all time.

Div
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
i loved the story mode in cod4. i avoided the game at first because i thought it was just going to be some pro-iraq war propaganda, but it was really a very engaging story. i especially liked the sniper team mission in chernobyl, even though i died a hundred times waiting for the chopper evac.

Spiral_Slave
01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
At Vance - Only Human :party:

JRA
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Miles Davis: Kind Of Blue
Overkill: Bloodletting

Maiden33
01-08-2009, 05:25 PM
At Vance - Only Human :party:

YES. :party:
One of the best and most underated melodic metal albums out there!

SomewhereInTime72
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
If I wanted to play a shooty action game, I'd play Halo. :(

Why? :lol: Halo is one of my least favorite FPS's. :hecho:

mankvill
01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Why? :lol: Halo is one of my least favorite FPS's. :hecho:

I really, really like Halo, but that's besides the point.

Rainbow Six started out as really strategic and required lots of planning and really flawless execution.

But now it's just another action shooting game, in the vein of Halo or Gears Of War. I love those 2 franchises, but I don't think that's what Rainbow Six should be.

SomewhereInTime72
01-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I really, really like Halo, but that's besides the point.

Rainbow Six started out as really strategic and required lots of planning and really flawless execution.

But now it's just another action shooting game, in the vein of Halo or Gears Of War. I love those 2 franchises, but I don't think that's what Rainbow Six should be.

I'm reminded of how I feel about the Resident Evil franchise.

ChildrenofSodom
01-09-2009, 03:49 AM
i loved the story mode in cod4. i avoided the game at first because i thought it was just going to be some pro-iraq war propaganda, but it was really a very engaging story. i especially liked the sniper team mission in chernobyl, even though i died a hundred times waiting for the chopper evac.

That last scene, where you kill the head guy, is so awesome.

ravenheart
01-09-2009, 09:45 AM
AC/DC - '74 Jailbreak

SirLardsAlot
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Just spent a bunch of my Christmas money :D

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Jethro Tull - The Very Best Of
Metal Church - Metal Church
The Offspring - Americana
Overkill - Years of Decay
Rush - Hold Your Fire
Live After Death t-shirt
Reservoir Dogs DVD

SomewhereInTime72
01-09-2009, 02:28 PM

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

overkiller
01-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Deep Purple - Machine Head
Metal Church - Metal Church

About time! :mad:

Also, Americana? :eyes:

SirLardsAlot
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
About time! :mad:

I hear that!

Also, Americana? :eyes: I bought it on cassette when it came out many years ago and I remember loving it. Offspring has a bunch of songs in Rock Band and I've gotta admit, I find them all to be pretty catchy, so I figured I'd re-buy it on CD.

JRA
01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
The Offspring - Americana

Life After Death t-shirt

a) MY FRIENDS GOT A GIRLFRIEND AND HE HATES THAT BITCH!

b) Biggie Smalls or a fatal mispelling? :D

SirLardsAlot
01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
b) Biggie Smalls or a fatal mispelling? :D

WOW thank you! Haha time to fix that :-P

mankvill
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies

Isn't this out of print? Fuck yeah.

overkiller
01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies

Isn't this out of print? Fuck yeah.

Don't think so. Vinyl or CD?

mankvill
01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Don't think so. Vinyl or CD?

see dee

and it's not "still cyco after all these years". i thought that's why mike muir re-recorded the whole thing, because it was out of print.

JuuKun
01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
a) MY FRIENDS GOT A GIRLFRIEND AND HE HATES THAT BITCH!

HE TELLS ME EVERY DAY.

Wow. It's been awhile since I've heard that song. Maybe I'll look for my copy of that CD tomorrow :eyes:

overkiller
01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
see dee

and it's not "still cyco after all these years". i thought that's why mike muir re-recorded the whole thing, because it was out of print.

I think it might be back in print now. At least on vinyl; I just saw it new at a not-so-obscure store.

ChildrenofSodom
01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
At least on vinyl; I just saw it new at a not-so-obscure store.

Hot Topic

overkiller
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Hot Topic

Newbury Comics. Though it wouldn't surprise me.

ChildrenofSodom
01-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Newbury Comics. Though it wouldn't surprise me.

I bought Toxic Holocaust vinyl at Hot Topic.

overkiller
01-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I bought Toxic Holocaust vinyl at Hot Topic.

Exactly. Blech.

ChildrenofSodom
01-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Exactly. Blech.

I've also gotten SOD there. For some reason the vinyl there is, like, really cheap plastic, compared to most other vinyls I get.

JRA
01-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Exactly. Blech.

God forbid the guy makes profit from his music. :tp:

I just get so annoyed when fans get pissed at "little secret" bands for wanting fame and fortune.

ChildrenofSodom
01-13-2009, 08:10 AM

I just get so annoyed when fans get pissed at "little secret" bands for wanting fame and fortune.

Hot Topic is all about the profit, and nothing about the music.

Maiden33
01-13-2009, 08:15 AM

I'm not getting involved about the specifics of this situation. I don't care when bands I like gain popularity, but I hate it when they do it for the wrong reasons or through certain devices.

Div
01-13-2009, 10:19 AM

Yea, but any respectable metal band should know better than to be involved with Hot Topic.

SomewhereInTime72
01-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Do you really think the band members themselves decide whether or not Hot Topic can sell their things?

JRA
01-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Do you really think the band members themselves decide whether or not Hot Topic can sell their things?

That's another thing. I think that might be up to the record company or management. Whoever the main-man is of Toxic Holocaust signed to a major label, so that's probably a bi-product.

Look, unless Osama Bin Laden decides to fly a jet into the Hot Topic Corporate Office, that place isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Personally, I'm happy they at least sell bands like Motorhead and Judas Priest as opposed to just HIM, Atreyu and AC/DC shirts everywhere.

Edit: Children Of Bodom: Blooddrunk

overkiller
01-13-2009, 05:04 PM
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead T-shirt

Div
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Whoever the main-man is of Toxic Holocaust

joel grind is the only member

mankvill
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos

Div
01-13-2009, 07:36 PM
das books

Into the Silent Land: Travels in Neuropsychology
Physiology of Behavior (9th Edition)
Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind
Principles of Genetics

and the mouse featured in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds_8dEnIU8I

mankvill
01-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos

I don't think I have a problem saying this album is the best thrash metal album in AT LEAST 15 years.

DethMaiden
01-14-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't think I have a problem saying this album is the best thrash metal album in AT LEAST 15 years.

:eyes:

But seriously, how is it.

DethMaiden
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
A few books: The Israel Lobby, The Trial of Henry Kissinger, and The Pitchfork 500.

I guess I'm on a "hate someone who 90% of the country seems to love" kick. :D

JRA
01-14-2009, 10:49 AM
A few books: The Israel Lobby, The Trial of Henry Kissinger, and The Pitchfork 500.

You should then join Jesse Jackson's Church.

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2009, 10:51 AM
You should then join Jesse Jackson's Church.

I wholeheartedly support Reverend Wright. :eyes:

ravenheart
01-14-2009, 10:52 AM

Not varied enough for me. It's a great disc, certainly. But every time I thought "ah, here we go, something different" that same drum beat comes along and I'm a bit bored again.

mankvill
01-14-2009, 10:55 AM

But seriously, how is it.

Very very very fucking good.

and wtf at it NOT being the best!

15 years ago = 1994

The only albums I can think of that come close to Hordes Of Chaos would maybe be Sodom's newest release or possibly even some of the newer thrash bands such as Skeletonwitch or Toxic Holocaust, but it really does blow those out of the water.

Div
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM

who does 90% of america love? cause i dont think israel or henry kissinger fall in that category :eyes:

Div
01-14-2009, 12:16 PM
I wholeheartedly support Reverend Wright. :eyes:

really?

you, being a former christian-turned-atheist, should be able to see what a hypocrite that guy is more than anyone.

not to mention his flat out ignorance on WW2.

theres far more better people who give anti-war, anti-corruption talks out there that arent warped and racially charged.

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
really?

you, being a former christian-turned-atheist, should be able to see what a hypocrite that guy is more than anyone.

not to mention his flat out ignorance on WW2.

theres far more better people who give anti-war, anti-corruption talks out there that arent warped and racially charged.

I dont believe his religious bullshit. But he is one of few people who speak out against American hegemony.

ravenheart
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Edwin McCain - Nobody's Fault But Mine
Sixx:A.M. - Live Is Beautiful EP
Primal Fear - New Religion
Avantasia - Lost In Space vol. 2
Dark Illusion - Beyond The Shadows
Candlemass - Essential Doom
Kayser - The Good Citizen EP
Various - Only UFO Can Rock Me

mankvill
01-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Krisiun - Southern Storm

it smells like paint...

mankvill
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor

JRA
01-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Cockass: Eroticism
Death: Individual Thought Patterns

b_halperin
01-22-2009, 07:17 AM
new pair of headphones

SomewhereInTime72
01-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
Hiromi's Sonicbloom - Beyond Standard

mankvill
01-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Kill The Client - Celptocracy
Embryonic Devourment - Fear Of Reality Exceeds Fantasy
Birdflesh - The Farmer's Wrath
Phobia - 22 Random Acts Of Violence
Rotten Sound - Exit
Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries

They sent a Phobia button and a Rotten Sound button, too!

Willowtip rules.

JRA
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
My Death and Cockass came today! (On a snowday of all things) :eyes:

ravenheart
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Whole Lotta Blues: The Songs of Led Zeppelin
Sturm und Drang - Learning To Rock
Megadeth - Anthology: Set The World Afire
Therion - Theli
Venom - MMV (4CD box set)

derangedperson
02-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Carcass--Reek Of Putrefaction (remastered). The documentary is a hoot. The album blew my head off.

Can anyone give me a hint of what to expect on SOS, N: DTE, HW and SS?

mankvill
02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Carcass--Reek Of Putrefaction (remastered). The documentary is a hoot. The album blew my head off.

I like Swan Song, but a lot of people don't. Heartwork is melo-death, but it's good.

JRA
02-03-2009, 07:03 AM

Heartwork is a mix between Death Metal and Classic Rock IMO.

mankvill
02-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague

ravenheart
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Paradise Lost - Shades of God
Paradise Lost - Icon
Death Angel - Archives And Artifacts (box set)

powerslave_85
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/powerslave_85/tv1.jpg

Panasonic 42" 720p Plasma :D :D :D :D

SomewhereInTime72
02-07-2009, 12:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/powerslave_85/tv1.jpg

Panasonic 42" 720p Plasma :D :D :D :D

Whoa, NICE dude!

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Nas - Stillimatic
HG Wells - Time Machine
Paul Krugman - The Great Unraveling

Something else...........

DethMaiden
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I bought another Carcass remaster, a Clash DVD, a couple of books, and, quite regrettably, and in a moment of unclear vision, a porno mag.

powerslave_85
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Just so you know, Brad, they have this thing called "the internet" that has nearly limitless porn. And you don't even have to pay for it!!!

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Just so you know, Brad, they have this thing called "the internet" that has nearly limitless porn. And you don't even have to pay for it!!!

haha...yeah...only losers would buy porn.

SomewhereInTime72
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM

YOURE SHITTING ME!

I COULD'VE HAD A HOUSE.

OH GOD NO

DethMaiden
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Hence the regret, haha. Oh well...I haven't done anything "eighteen" besides buy and smoke tobacco since my birthday last November. Let's add one to the list. :lol:

DethMaiden
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
haha...yeah...only losers would buy porn.

Definitely. Good thing we're both losers.

SomewhereInTime72
02-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Hence the regret, haha. Oh well...I haven't done anything "eighteen" besides buy and smoke tobacco since my birthday last November. Let's add one to the list. :lol:

I kinda understand the impulse, yknow? I haven't done anything "eighteen" since well, before I was eighteen. I'll probably give up drinking in another year and a half too. :lol: ...But it does make me want to legally go and buy a pack of cigs or some porn from time to time, just for the sake of doing it.

Good thing I'm far too frugal for that.

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Definitely. Good thing we're both losers.

:shred: :usa:

mankvill
02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave
Nasum - Grind Finale
Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back To Life

JRA
02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I bought another Carcass remaster, .

Which album?

DethMaiden
02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Which album?

Symphonies of Sickness. Haven't watched the DVD portion yet.

mankvill
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Symphonies of Sickness. Haven't watched the DVD portion yet.

I'm thinking about buying that.

DethMaiden
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking about buying that.

Classic album, though the next two are the true Carcass gems.

Div
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM
i want, but its an XL :(

http://i13.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/31/8f/69e6_1.JPG

derangedperson
02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Meshuggah--Contradictions Collapse (Reloaded), Destroy Erase Improve (Reloaded), Chaosphere (Reloaded), Nothing (Special Edition)
Tesla--Forever More

ravenheart
02-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Iron Fire - On The Edge

mankvill
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Absu - Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L.

:eek:

Spiral_Slave
02-14-2009, 06:55 AM
ONE TICKET TO SEE MAIDEN

mankvill
02-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Hammerlord - Hammerlord (woo Kansas)
Angelcorpse - The Inexorable (woo Kansas)
Averse Sefira - Battle's Clarion
Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity
Anaal Nathrakh - Domine Non Es Dignus
Grave - Fiendish Regression

JuuKun
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God on picture disc vinyl (#486/2000)

ChildrenofSodom
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God on picture disc vinyl (#486/2000)

NICE!

ravenheart
02-21-2009, 04:50 AM
Overkill - Under The Influence
Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
Avantasia - Lost In Space Vol. 1
Mehida - Blood & Water

mankvill
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Obscura - Cosmogenesis

DethMaiden
02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sp/spalding-nba-gold-indoor-outdoor-basketball.jpg

:rocker:

ravenheart
02-25-2009, 12:55 AM
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sp/spalding-nba-gold-indoor-outdoor-basketball.jpg

I have one of those. Slippery as fuck.

DethMaiden
02-25-2009, 08:14 AM
I have one of those. Slippery as fuck.

Really? I was palming it at the store (haven't actually played with it yet) and it seemed pretty high in quality. Maybe it wears out quickly?

ravenheart
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Not that I'm aware of. I've barely played with mine. It was slippery from day one.

powerslave_85
02-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Bad Religion- How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
The Bouncing Souls- How I Spent My Summer Vacation

DethMaiden
02-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Not that I'm aware of. I've barely played with mine. It was slippery from day one.

I played with mine today. Perhaps they've improved the formula because it had damn good grip. Then again, the one I bought had "ultra-grip" in the name or something like that. I don't know if that picture was precise.

I bought a 3-disc special edition of Casablanca and a Watchmen t-shirt today.

ravenheart
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
'Ultra grip' is definitely different to mine. Sounds cool.

I'm seeing Watchmen at the IMAX on the 20th. Can't wait :D

DethMaiden
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
'Ultra grip' is definitely different to mine. Sounds cool.

I'm seeing Watchmen at the IMAX on the 20th. Can't wait :D

It's most likely my favorite book of all time, and certainly my favorite comic/graphic novel, so my expectations are probably too high. But yeah, it's gonna shred my balls off. :D

powerslave_85
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Honestly, I have much lower expectaions for Watchmen than I did a few months ago, based on the early reviews I've read. Still, I'm sure it will be pretty good.

I just bought a Google G1 phone the other day. It's awesome. In fact, I posted this with it :D

ravenheart
02-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I just bought a Google G1 phone the other day. It's awesome. In fact, I posted this with it :D

Nerd.

ZZ Top - Tres Hombre (Remastered)/Fandango
Headhunter - Parasite of Society
Paradise Lost - Evolve (DVD)

es156
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Communic - Waves Of Visual Decay

powerslave_85
02-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Picked up Crash Diagnostic by Discount today at the used musics store on a whim. I'd heard of them, but never checked them out, and so far I'm extremely impressed.

Div
03-01-2009, 02:18 PM
ugh, i fucking want this so bad

http://www.nightofthevinyldead.com/releases/night51_overkill.htm

ravenheart
03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Gary Moore - Back To The Blues

ChildrenofSodom
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Czech Republic, Germany, and Austria flag patches to go with my American, Swedish, and Ohioan patches.

Sacred Steel patch

mankvill
03-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Absu - Absu

ravenheart
03-07-2009, 03:47 AM
Queen - On Fire: Live At The Bowl

JRA
03-07-2009, 01:29 PM
This:
http://home.thegrid.net/~i272751/TMNT_michelangelo.jpg

mankvill
03-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Bonded By Blood - Feed The Beast
Unleashed - Sworn Allegiance

ravenheart
03-08-2009, 12:42 PM
This:
http://home.thegrid.net/~i272751/TMNT_michelangelo.jpg

I still have one of those.

Div
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Bonded By Blood - Feed The Beast

get your money back

JRA
03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I still have one of those.

ravenheart
03-08-2009, 03:26 PM

I have rather a lot of those, actually. But I do have that one in particular.

JRA
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I have rather a lot of those, actually. But I do have that one in particular.

My parents would either sell my toys in yard sales or give them away to people they knew, although some of them I was actually outgrowing.

ravenheart
03-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Lefay - SOS
Lefay - Symphony of The Dead
Joe Perry - Joe Perry
Aerosmith - Draw The Line
Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond
Captain Beyond - Sufficiently Breathless

JuuKun
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Lefay - SOS
Lefay - Symphony of The Dead

:) This post is JuuKun approved.

Enthroned - Black Goat Ritual: Live in thy Flesh
My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings (Limited UK Edition)

JRA
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
AC/DC- Jailbreak

ChildrenofSodom
03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Re-doing my jacket and vest. Buying a bunch of new patches and throwing some away.

Maiden33
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Re-doing my jacket and vest. Buying a bunch of new patches and throwing some away.

What are the patches you plan on throwing away, and are they in condition that I might be interested in buying any?

Div
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
judas priest - unleashed in the east (vinyl)

still with shrink wrap

$9.99

JRA
03-09-2009, 08:17 PM
judas priest - unleashed in the east (vinyl)

still with shrink wrap

$9.99

where was this?

ChildrenofSodom
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
What are the patches you plan on throwing away, and are they in condition that I might be interested in buying any?

Down, Pantera, Danzig. And they are pretty rough.

Div
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
where was this?

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/75/Ebay.03.jpg

es156
03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Iced Earth sale at CM Distro:

Alive In Athens (3CD)
Burnt Offerings
Night Of The Stormrider

Div
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Iced Earth sale at CM Distro:

Alive In Athens (3CD)
Burnt Offerings
Night Of The Stormrider

nice, those are pretty much the only albums worth buying

Maiden33
03-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Down, Pantera, Danzig. And they are pretty rough.

Yeah, no thanks.

ADD
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I hardly ever buy music anymore but I went and splurged on some cool vintage (mostly) stuff at the record store this week.

Tapes:

Too $hort- Life Is...Too $hort
Grand Funk Railroad- On Time
Thin Lizzy- Remembering

Vinyls:

Annihilation Time- III: Tales Of The Ancient Age
Judas Priest- Stained Class
Aerosmith- Rocks
Mountain- Climbing!
Neil Young- Harvest
Neil Young & Crazy Horse- Live Rust

SomewhereInTime72
03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
New phone today. :)

JuuKun
03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Emperor - Scattered Ashes: A Decade of Emperial Wrath
Moonspell - Wolfheart
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Suffocation - Two From The Vault: Effigy of the Forgotten/Pierced From Within
Suidakra - Crogacht
Vader - Litany

JRA
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Carcass-Symphonies Of Sickness
Lauryn Hill- The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill

The Apocalypse has arrived! :D

overkiller
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Watchmen (the graphic novel) and a beer glass with my school's crest on it, from the campus bookstore.

mankvill
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Anaal Nathrakh - Hell Is Empty And All The Devils Are Here
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Slayer - South Of Heaven

I now own all Anaal Nathrakh releases except for Total Fucking Necro.

JRA
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Slayer - South Of Heaven

Holy shit! Make sure you have your house bolted down. That is the heaviest purchase haul!

mankvill
03-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Holy shit! Make sure you have your house bolted down. That is the heaviest purchase haul!

found a really really awesome record store here in AZ. They even had some Deathspell Omega. :eek:

ravenheart
03-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Arch Enemy - Rise of The Tyrant
Firewind - Live Premonition (2CD)
Firewind - Between Heaven And Hell
Dream Evil - Gold Medal In Metal (2CD)

Maiden33
03-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Arch Enemy - Rise of The Tyrant
Firewind - Live Premonition (2CD)
Firewind - Between Heaven And Hell
Dream Evil - Gold Medal In Metal (2CD)

Do you have the DVD component to the Firewind live CD?

ravenheart
03-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Not yet. Play.com are having a sale and all of those CDs are £5.

DVD is still full price.

Just grabbed these too:
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Arch Enemy - The Doomsday Machine

Now go and listen to Lions Share! ;)

Maiden33
03-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Not yet. Play.com are having a sale and all of those CDs are £5.

DVD is still full price.

Just grabbed these too:
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Arch Enemy - The Doomsday Machine

Now go and listen to Lions Share! ;)

Ah alright. Apollo's vocals on that are pretty disappointing, the rest of the band is really tight and awesome though.
I'll get to it, I promise, haha.

JRA
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
New Super Mario Bros.

powerslave_85
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM

found a really really awesome record store here in AZ. They even had some Deathspell Omega. :eek:
Where, and what record store?

mankvill
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Where, and what record store?

It's around the ASU campus called Zia Records. It has a pretty large metal section. google "tempe record store" and it should come up along with a map.

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
It's around the ASU campus called Zia Records. It has a pretty large metal section. google "tempe record store" and it should come up along with a map.

If you were at ASU, how fucking huge was it?

I'm curious. :dorky:

I could ask my friend who's going there but I'd much rather ask this on a message board online.

mankvill
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
If you were at ASU, how fucking huge was it?

I'm curious. :dorky:

I could ask my friend who's going there but I'd much rather ask this on a message board online.
Pretty big, in my opinion. A whole row of CD's. From the front of the store to the back. It was pretty awesome.

powerslave_85
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh yeah, Zia is a chain, we've got a couple here in Tucson. And yes, the metal section is pretty impressive (though it seems to have dwindled a bit recently at the one I go to).

SomewhereInTime72
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
The only CD store remotely near to my home has about zero selection.

Wtf is up with that!

DethMaiden
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
I go to Headquarter's Music about 25 minutes away when I feel like supporting the scene and local, independently-owned blah blah blah. But usually the FYE seven miles up the road gets anything I want, or can order it, and I have a discount card, and the whole staff knows me, and I don't care that I'm supporting a leviathan corporation. :finger:

ChildrenofSodom
03-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I go to Headquarter's Music about 25 minutes away when I feel like supporting the scene and local, independently-owned blah blah blah. But usually the FYE seven miles up the road gets anything I want, or can order it, and I have a discount card, and the whole staff knows me, and I don't care that I'm supporting a leviathan corporation. :finger:

You heartless bastard. A solitary tear just fell down Doug's dirty face.

DethMaiden
03-17-2009, 05:15 PM
You heartless bastard. A solitary tear just fell down Doug's dirty face.

When CD Connection went under, convenience took precedence over ethics for me, haha. I think a big part of CD Connection's greatness for me was the fact that it was a mile from my house and I didn't have a driver's license. :snivel:

ChildrenofSodom
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
When CD Connection went under, convenience took precedence over ethics for me, haha. I think a big part of CD Connection's greatness for me was the fact that it was a mile from my house and I didn't have a driver's license. :snivel:

So now you're a lazy heartless bastard.

es156
03-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Communic - Conspiracy In Mind

ravenheart
03-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox
Helstar - Nosferatu
Poisonblack - Escapexstacy
Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day
Blackshine - Soulless And Proud
Green Carnation - The Acoustic Verses

clm45320
03-18-2009, 12:15 PM
CULT OF STATIC by STATIC X

Not their best work (their first 4 albums are their best) but still enjoyable, especially "STINGWRAY".

mankvill
03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Helstar - Nosferatu

YES

powerslave_85
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm sure Headquarter's will find comfort in the fact that you took your business elsewhere in a god-awful economy because it wasn't as far.

DethMaiden
03-19-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm sure Headquarter's will find comfort in the fact that you took your business elsewhere in a god-awful economy because it wasn't as far.

:snivel: I think they get subsidized because they're on the city square.

JRA
03-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Rush- Retrospective III

ChildrenofSodom
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Green Carnation - The Acoustic Verses

Classic.

Div
03-21-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.kendraspencer.com/packaging-images/RW_Shiraz%20Beauty.jpg

soooo goood :drool::drool::drool:
wine country had it on sale for $10, what a fucking steal :bliss: i think ill pick up another bottle tomorrow before i head back to college.

es156
03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Front row tickets to see Judas Priest in St. Louis.

:blaze:

mankvill
03-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Front row tickets to see Judas Priest in St. Louis.

:blaze:

I wish they would hurry up and announce more dates so I'll know whether I have to go to STL or not.

SomewhereInTime72
03-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Skold vs. KMFDM
KMFDM - Blitz

ravenheart
03-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Royal Hunt - Paradox II: Colision Course

JuuKun
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Moonspell - Lusitanian Metal DVD
Nevermore - The Year of the Voyager DVD

I'm only a song into the Moonspell DVD, but it's already FUCKING AWESOME. God, I need to see them.

Maiden33
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Royal Hunt - Paradox II: Colision Course

#1 album of 2008.

DethMaiden
03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Mastodon- Crack the Skye
The Decemberists- The Hazards of Love

:) Good day.

JRA
03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Mastodon- Crack the Skye

:) Good day.

I went out at 3:30 today and neither of the actual record stores had it. And that is why I hate them.

SomewhereInTime72
03-24-2009, 04:21 PM
The Decemberists- The Hazards of Love

Eek, good luck. I heard that album was pretty bad - even by Decemberists standards. ;)

ravenheart
03-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Waylon Jennings - Music Man/Black On Black

DethMaiden
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Eek, good luck. I heard that album was pretty bad - even by Decemberists standards. ;)

See, The Crane Wife is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, but it lost lots of hardcore Decemberists fans. The Hazards of Love is very different - like half of it is almost metal, or at least Sabbath/Zeppelin heavy psychedelia. It'll take some time to sink in, but it is pretty weird for them.

SomewhereInTime72
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
btw do you like neutral milk hotel yet

DethMaiden
03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
btw do you like neutral milk hotel yet

Well, I mean, I've heard everything on In the Aeroplane Over the Sea a lot despite having not bought it, and yeah, I do like it a lot. But I think the Decemberists improved the formula. :D

SomewhereInTime72
03-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, I mean, I've heard everything on In the Aeroplane Over the Sea a lot despite having not bought it, and yeah, I do like it a lot. But I think the Decemberists improved the formula. :D

Ah.

IMO, they're both pretty boring (barring some NMH songs that are really good *cough*holland1945*cough* and smaller amount of decemberists songs that I find to be pretty nice). IMO the Decemberists are kinda just bland and uninteresting (surface level indie omglol). :(

DethMaiden
03-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Ah.

IMO, they're both pretty boring (barring some NMH songs that are really good *cough*holland1945*cough* and smaller amount of decemberists songs that I find to be pretty nice). IMO the Decemberists are kinda just bland and uninteresting (surface level indie omglol). :(

But see, I don't think that's a legitimate criticism. Indie isn't even a genre. It's just a perception of what ridiculously dissimilar bands should be lumped together based on the fact that all their fans wear flannel and glasses. The Decemberists don't have any kind of "indie cred" they need to keep up in my eyes, so I don't give a shit that they're signed to a major or taking in new influences or are more accessible than "tr00 indie". I just want to hear good music, and to my ears, they produce it.

SomewhereInTime72
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
But see, I don't think that's a legitimate criticism. Indie isn't even a genre. It's just a perception of what ridiculously dissimilar bands should be lumped together based on the fact that all their fans wear flannel and glasses. The Decemberists don't have any kind of "indie cred" they need to keep up in my eyes, so I don't give a shit that they're signed to a major or taking in new influences or are more accessible than "tr00 indie". I just want to hear good music, and to my ears, they produce it.

:lol: :lol: Of course, the whole "indie" label is absurd, but it's a fun subculture to make fun of. :eyes: I just don't see the magic in The Decemberists. If I listen to them I start to not realize there's music on. :eyes:

edit: DID ANYONE BUY POKEMON PLATINUM I REALLY WANT TO BUT I HAVE NO DS AND AM NOW STUCK HERE EMULATING GOLD (fun but not new!) :(

ChildrenofSodom
03-24-2009, 06:32 PM

In theory, Pop shouldnt be a genre either.

But lets not get into that again.

SomewhereInTime72
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
In theory, Pop shouldnt be a genre either.

But lets not get into that again.
I IV V and 4/4 would like to have a word with you. :dance: