PDA

View Full Version : Latest Purchases Part III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Spiral_Slave
09-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I just don't know how anyone could listen to a whole album of that.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but a lot people would say that about many albums you listen to. Different strokes.

ravenheart
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it's really pathetic.
I'm one of the few people I know who actually knew who Dragonforce were well before the popularity onslaught hit.

Me too. I saw them supporting W.A.S.P. before they were big and just yawned my way through their set. They were impressive for one song and I thought "hello, this sounds tasty". After another two of exactly the same thing it was clear that was all they had.

ravenheart
09-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but a lot people would say that about many albums you listen to. Different strokes.

It's even more applicable to them though. Like them or not you can't deny they're as one-dimensional as Status Quo.

ravenheart
09-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Kids today think that if something is fast, loud, and/or screamed, it is brutal.

I put that down to the words "brutal" and "sick" becoming slang.

ravenheart
09-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Well I can clearly tell all their songs apart, and so can thousands of other people. So like I said, if you don't like it; dont listen to them but don't just trash them every time they're brought up.

I can tell Mariah Carey's songs apart, but that doesn't mean they're not all the same and equally bad.

Div
09-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Dragonforce is false metal! Death to Dragonforce!

JRA
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I applaud Spiral Slave for his honesty, so much that his "not giving a fuck" has made me want to give into my Trivium tendancies (and no that is not sarcasm :fingers: )

ChildrenofSodom
09-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I dont like schtick bands, IE: Dragonforce, JFAC, Dethklok.

DethMaiden
09-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Schticks are fine if the music backs it up. DragqueenForce's music doesn't.

ravenheart
09-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Thunder - Bang! (awful title and cover. At least the music is always good)
Thunder - The Joy of Six EP
Thunder - Half A Dozen of The Other EP

SomewhereInTime72
09-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah, it's really pathetic.
I'm one of the few people I know who actually knew who Dragonforce were well before the popularity onslaught hit. I got Valley of the Damned back in 2004 sometime and I was like: "This is kinda cool. It's really cheesy and rediculous but it's cool for what it is", and that was fine.
But I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking sick of seeing them on the covers of magazines calling them "the saviors of metal" and this that and the other thing. They are awful songwriters, only relying on wanking as a crutch... and the worst part is that they can't even pull off a lot of their shit live. The one time I saw them live I couldn't have been less enthused about the performance. With each passing album the songs just get more absurd and less good, though they're carbon copies of their previous work. It's like not even power metal anymore, it's like hyperspeed robot garbage that makes me want to stab someone to death.

This is pretty much how I feel. Valley of the Damned is actually a good power metal album, and Sonic Firestorm is alright, but Inhuman Rampage and the four songs I heard from Ultra Beatdown before I stopped it out of boredom are utter crap. It's the same as the first album (literally the "hooks" are pretty much the same) except even more gimmicky and overproduced to the point that it's practically vomit-inducing. Also they suck live.

es156
09-03-2008, 07:28 PM
1 general admission ticket to see Metallica in St. Louis. Ticket price also included a copy of the new CD and a live download of the show. (Purchased through a radio station pre-sale).

ravenheart
09-04-2008, 12:54 AM
I purchased two tickets for Metallica in London in less than two weeks time... £5 per ticket!

It's their special album launch gig. I joined Mission:Metallica for £10 so I could buy a day earlier and get better seats. Split that with my mate, so we're seeing them, with good seats, for £11.50 each. Can't argue with that!

ravenheart
09-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Also they suck live.

Indeed they do.

ravenheart
09-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of The Sun
Stone Sour - Stone Sour
Johnny Cash - Solitary Man
Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
Stone Temple Pilots - Core
The More I See - The Wolves Are Hungry

SomewhereInTime72
09-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Motorhead - Motorizer

rjturtle9
09-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Also they suck live.

i've seen them live twice, and each time was fun for me. they can play live. and yes i can tell their songs apart. seriously, i get it, a lot of u don't like dragonforce on here. i totally get that. there are some bands that u all may like that i don't. i just hate the fact that every time someone mentions them on here, or slipknot, a huge bash fest erupts. we've all had this argument before people.

mankvill
09-05-2008, 06:08 PM
You can see why all the kids are into them and not proper power metal bands though, can't you?

"OMG they can play so fast, they're so skillful".

hella late reply:

"proper power metal" is terrible. I can't finish a Helloween song without feeling like a fat basement dweller on WoW.

but hey! it's cool to hate Dragonforce. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
09-05-2008, 06:09 PM
"proper power metal" is terrible. I can't finish a Helloween song without feeling like a fat basement dweller on WoW.

Die.

ChildrenofSodom
09-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Burn.

mankvill
09-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Die.

It's soooo fucking true. I can tell Dragonforce don't take themselves seriously. But I like Blind Guardian and Rhapsody just fine. I just remember this kid I met last year would sit in his room all day long playing WoW while blasting Helloween and Angra and Kamelot. That's more lifeless than Dragonforce, to me!

Div
09-05-2008, 06:27 PM
It's soooo fucking true. I can tell Dragonforce don't take themselves seriously. But I like Blind Guardian and Rhapsody just fine. I just remember this kid I met last year would sit in his room all day long playing WoW while blasting Helloween and Angra and Kamelot. That's more lifeless than Dragonforce, to me!

when i played WoW it was pretty obvious dragonforce was the band everyone in that community jizzed themselves listening to. just go to the forums and look for a music thread and you'll see everyone post how much they love dragonforce. or for a better reference, look at our own sirlardsalot, he plays WoW AND likes dragonforce. coincidence? i dont think so.

mankvill
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
when i played WoW it was pretty obvious dragonforce was the band everyone in that community jizzed themselves listening to. just go to the forums and look for a music thread and you'll see everyone post how much they love dragonforce. or for a better reference, look at our own sirlardsalot, he plays WoW AND likes dragonforce. coincidence? i dont think so.

:lol:

I'm just saying what turns me off to "true power metal".

rjturtle9
09-05-2008, 06:41 PM

dude i get ur trying to defend dragonforce, but i can't agree with this

Div
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM

I'm just saying what turns me off to "true power metal".

Well for me it'd be that the lyrics are the same boring undeveloped shit every time, the drumming is horrible, and the singers just sound really gay.

Other than that power metal is ok.

SomewhereInTime72
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
How can anyone say Helloween are a band that takes themselves seriously? :eyes:

Edit: They do sometimes, but half the time they're just doing "Dr. Stein", "Perfect Gentleman", or "Gorgar" styled songs.

DethMaiden
09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Power metal is like any genre: it can be done right and it can be done wrong. I'd rather listen to Death Metal Band X than Power Metal Band Y a lot of the time, but neither of them are necessarily bad. In fact, I think it's easier to be generic in death metal than power metal nowadays---look at new Obituary, holy shit, it just sounds like watered-down old Obituary, and every band and their brother is copying that shit anyways! There's great bands and awful bands and average bands in every genre. Don't just call out power metal as sucking when excellent acts like Edguy, Blind Guardian, and Sonata Arctica are saving it, even when shitty-ass bands like Rhapsody of Fire, DragonForce, and Sacred Steel lick balls.

es156
09-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice sale going on over at CM Distro.

Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi ($2.55!)
Poverty's No Crime - Save My Soul
Circle II Circle - Burden Of Truth
High On Fire - Death Is This Communion

mankvill
09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
shitty-ass bands like Rhapsody of Fire

:mad:

For the king for the land for the mountains
for the green valleys where dragons fly
for the glory the power to win the black lord
I will KICK YOUR ASS!
:axe::axe::axe:

DethMaiden
09-05-2008, 07:58 PM

I will KICK YOUR ASS!

So you hate power metal but the two bands you choose to like are two of the biggest jokes in the genre? :eyes:

mankvill
09-05-2008, 08:05 PM
So you hate power metal but the two bands you choose to like are two of the biggest jokes in the genre? :eyes:

Yeah, because they're fun to listen to!

Div
09-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Don't just call out power metal as sucking when excellent acts like Sonata Arctica

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

I will KICK YOUR ASS!

see, thats the shit im talking about, thats the biggest problem with power metal. i dont see how this appeals to people when its just the same overused words all the time. "dragondragondragonkingswordkingdomdragoncastleejac ulation" holy shit man. this is the same as those shit rap bands who just say "moneybitcheshoes" over and over, but atleast money bitches and hoes doesnt sound as dorky. maybe if it was some specific king or dragon it would be different, but those lyrics are so generic its impossible to give two fucks about them. oh and then they throw in "we'll kick your ass" at the end and try to sound like tough guys. :tp:

but brad has a point, every genre has its shortcommings. or in this case, every shortcomming has its genre.

mankvill
09-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I know this is a fucking stupid thing to say, but it's the truth: I honestly don't listen for the lyrics. I like Rhapsody/Dragonforce because they're fun, epic (that one more for Rhapsody) and have killer solos (Holy Thunderforce :drool: )

But yeah, it's my least favorite genre but by no means do I hate the genre as a whole!

edit: and i put in the "kick your ass" part. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2008, 05:37 AM
, even when shitty-ass bands like Rhapsody of Fire, DragonForce, and Sacred Steel lick balls.

Dude..that was unprovoked. Not cool. :hmm: They have been around alot longer than Dragqueenforce, and dont sound a think like them.

Maiden33
09-06-2008, 05:55 AM
hella late reply:

but hey! it's cool to hate Dragonforce. ;)

I am way too late on this conversation, but eat shit and die please. Have a nice day.

Maiden33
09-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Nice sale going on over at CM Distro.

Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi ($2.55!)
Poverty's No Crime - Save My Soul
Circle II Circle - Burden Of Truth
High On Fire - Death Is This Communion

NICE. That Tad Morose album is great and well anyone knows how much I am in love with Burden of Truth. That album is a masterpiece. I've heard I would like Poverty's No Crime, I've kind of beeen meaning to check them out.

es156
09-06-2008, 06:14 AM
NICE. That Tad Morose album is great and well anyone knows how much I am in love with Burden of Truth. That album is a masterpiece. I've heard I would like Poverty's No Crime, I've kind of beeen meaning to check them out.

If you like Threshold you would probably like PNC. They are really good. I have been listening to them constantly for the last couple of weeks. You can check out 3 of their CD's, including their latest, on Rhapsody.com.

By the way, I responded to your post on the Symphony X board in the Paradise Lost thread. :D

Maiden33
09-06-2008, 06:32 AM
If you like Threshold you would probably like PNC. They are really good. I have been listening to them constantly for the last couple of weeks. You can check out 3 of their CD's, including their latest, on Rhapsody.com.

By the way, I responded to your post on the Symphony X board in the Paradise Lost thread. :D

Cool, I do like Threshold, much more with Mac than Damien Wilson on vocals, but I do like them. I'll check it out.
Haha, awesome, I'll head over and check it out.

DethMaiden
09-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Dude..that was unprovoked. Not cool. :hmm: They have been around alot longer than Dragqueenforce, and dont sound a think like them.

Are you seriously defending the worst power metal band I have ever heard? :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Are you seriously defending the worst power metal band I have ever heard? :eyes:

Against Dragonforce? Yes.

At least Sacred Steel are Germans.

DethMaiden
09-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Against Dragonforce? Yes.

At least Sacred Steel are Germans.

I'm not quite ready to say Sacred Steel are better than DragonForce. That's kind of like saying cancer is better than AIDS. You really, really don't want either.

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm not quite ready to say Sacred Steel are better than DragonForce. That's kind of like saying cancer is better than AIDS. You really, really don't want either.

Some forms of cancer are treatable.

rjturtle9
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
well i'm not gonna start talking thrash about other power metal bands cause they all kick ass in my opinion. but yes i still like dragonforce even though everything u guys say. dragonforce kicks ass IMO and if u don't them then don't listen

mankvill
09-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I am way too late on this conversation, but eat shit and die please. Have a nice day.

:party:

Your butt.

I can feel the hurt. ;)

ravenheart
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
if u don't them then don't listen

Gladly.

ravenheart
09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Down Factor - Pure
REM - Monster
Paul Di'Anno - South American Assault
Spacewalk: A Salute To Ace Frehley

SirLardsAlot
09-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Spore :D

Installing it now, taking forever.

SirLardsAlot
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Spore :D

Installing it now, taking forever.

This game is AWESOME :D

ravenheart
09-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Just pre-ordered Death Magnetic and Black Ice for £6.49 each.

JRA
09-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Just pre-ordered Death Magnetic and Black Ice for £6.49 each.

Is your economy in a utopia or something? The idea that you go out and by 50 new cd's for 4 bucks each is mondboggling to me.

ravenheart
09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Apparently we're on the verge of a recession. I see no evidence of this myself.

Most of my bargains are from America, not here. Although I did do rather well out of HMV and Earache Records recently. You should have seen my mail yesterday. Literally had a sack to myself. They brought it in the van.

Maiden33
09-11-2008, 08:01 AM

Most of my bargains are from America, not here. Although I did do rather well out of HMV and Earache Records recently. You should have seen my mail yesterday. Literally had a sack to myself. They brought it in the van.

Totally unrelated, but I see you're seeing Firewind in like 2 weeks. I'm sure this goes without saying, but get the set list and post it here!
They really could do with some US headlining shows again. When I saw them headline a year ago it was incredible, but that horrible tour this past spring was just shitty.

ravenheart
09-11-2008, 12:06 PM
But of course. I imagine it'll be the setlist they played supporting Kamelot back in March/April, plus a few more. There's two support bands (Kiuas and Dear Superstar) so I don't expect Firewind to play more than about 75 minutes.

mankvill
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Skeletonwitch - Beyond The Permafrost (physical copy)
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose Of Death

DethMaiden
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Skeletonwitch - Beyond The Permafrost (physical copy)
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose Of Death

Was the latter a spiritual copy?

mankvill
09-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Was the latter a spiritual copy?

I bought it on iTunes a long time ago.

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Thank you for supporting our President in Iraq.

Maiden33
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Brother Firetribe - Heart Full of Fire

$14.99 at FYE. Who would've expected that??

SirLardsAlot
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
What a great day!!!!!

So tomorrow me and some friends are going to a costume party and one of my friends knows of a Salvation Army store about 20 minutes from my school, so we went there. While there, I found a small record area, and it was mostly all oldies and stuff I'd never heard of, until all of a sudden out of nowhere is ...

Danzig - Danzig

Got it for $.50, so I was happy about that. But then a little down the street was a record store so we stopped in there and I picked up ...

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla
Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
Rush - Fly By Night

Then I saw a small, odd posters area. There were so many, I didn't look through all of them, but I did come across these ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/Random%20Stuff/HalfordPriest.jpg

Ram It Down poster of some sort
Halford 'Ressurection' promotional poster

And then as I was talking up to the register there was a VHS section whch I quickly glanced at as I walked by ... but blank white box that said 'Bruce Dickinson' on it caught my eye. I took it out ... and it's a fuckin pre-release VHS from Columbia/Sony of Bruce's "Dive! Dive! Live!" VHS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/Random%20Stuff/DiveDiveDive.jpg

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::r ocker:

JRA
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
What a great day!!!!!

So tomorrow me and some friends are going to a costume party and one of my friends knows of a Salvation Army store about 20 minutes from my school, so we went there. While there, I found a small record area, and it was mostly all oldies and stuff I'd never heard of, until all of a sudden out of nowhere is ...

Danzig - Danzig

Got it for $.50, so I was happy about that. But then a little down the street was a record store so we stopped in there and I picked up ...

Rush - Fly By Night

Then I saw a small, odd posters area. There were so many, I didn't look through all of them, but I did come across these ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/Random%20Stuff/HalfordPriest.jpg

And then as I was talking up to the register there was a VHS section whch I quickly glanced at as I walked by ... but blank white box that said 'Bruce Dickinson' on it caught my eye. I took it out ... and it's a fuckin pre-release VHS from Columbia/Sony of Bruce's "Dive! Dive! Live!" VHS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/Random%20Stuff/DiveDiveDive.jpg

One of my vacations clearly needs to be spending a day with you. :eek:

SomewhereInTime72
09-13-2008, 05:43 AM
What a great day!!!!!

Danzig - Danzig

Rush - Fly By Night

Goddamn that is a sweet store. :eek:

Div
09-13-2008, 12:03 PM
i hate you steve.

mankvill
09-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Death Magnetic!

Maiden33
09-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Zandelle - Vengenace Rising
:rocker::rocker:
After such a kickass set last night I had to support these guys, really bitchin' band.

Div
09-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Bacardi 151

JRA
09-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Bacardi 151

My former roommate can drink a shot of that straight. :hecho:

Div
09-13-2008, 06:20 PM
My former roommate can drink a shot of that straight. :hecho:

between my roommate and myself we killed almost half the bottle already :hmm:

JRA
09-14-2008, 09:22 AM
between my roommate and myself we killed almost half the bottle already :hmm:

How? That stuff is friggin terrible!

Div
09-14-2008, 11:40 AM
How? That stuff is friggin terrible!

we mixed it with coke.

ravenheart
09-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Extreme - Saudades de Rock
Venom - Hell

mankvill
09-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Venom - Hell

ffff is that out now?!

ravenheart
09-15-2008, 03:29 PM
ffff is that out now?!

It's been out for months.

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
With 42 seconds left, I swooped in a stole an auction from someone on ebay. $2.75 for 2112 and Grace Under Pressure, both vinyl.

So I bought those, and a week ago I ordered:

Paul Revere & The Raiders - Indian Reservation (vinyl)
Propagandhi - How to Clean blah blah blah (CD)
After War: The Political Economy of Exporting Democracy by Christopher Coyne

I'll update after I finished raping ebay.

DethMaiden
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Raided iTunes for eight episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations and the Pokemon theme song. :D

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Raided iTunes for eight episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations and the Pokemon theme song. :D

iTunes has a close to complete DBZ soundtrack.

mankvill
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
It's been out for months.

I did not know that! :D

also:

Impaled - The Last Gasp
Impaled War! On Everything Tour 2008 t-shirt

ravenheart
09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Bruce Dickinson - Balls To Picasso (2CD Edition)
Bruce Dickinson - Skunkworks (2CD Edition)
Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire (2CD Edition)
Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth (2CD Edition)
Helloween - The Time of The Oath (2CD Edition)
Venom - Possessed
Downset. - Do We Speak A Dead Language?

Div
09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
a case of guinness

es156
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Iced Earth - The Crucible Of Man

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2008, 06:56 PM
For $16.50

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/0c/66/b6fb_1.JPG

SomewhereInTime72
09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Genesis - Trespass

$20 well spent.

DethMaiden
09-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Genesis - Trespass

$20 well spent.

Trespass is excellent.

ravenheart
09-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Jorn - Unlocking The Past
Rage - Speak of The Dead

JRA
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Bathory: The Return of Darkness and Evil

:bouville: :flame: :bouville: :flame: :bouville: :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

DethMaiden
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
The Big Lebowski 10th Anniversary Special Edition DVD
Good Night, and Good Luck DVD
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose of Death
Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunter
Blink-182 - Enema of the State
Alcest - Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde
This Will Destroy You - This Will Destroy You (ordered)
Made Out of Babies - The Ruiner (ordered)

ChildrenofSodom
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Over the past few days:

Nas - Untitled (CD)
Black Sabbath -TV Crimes (7 inch vinyl)
Stryper - To Hell with the Devil (Vinyl)
Coven - One Tin Soldier (45)
Grim Reaper - Rock you to Hell (Vinyl)
Roger Glover - Butterfly Ball (Vinyl)
Rush - 2112 (Vinyl)
Rush - Grace Under Pressure (Vinyl)

mankvill
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose of Death
Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunter
Blink-182 - Enema of the State

:light:

ChildrenofSodom
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
A while back i bought Toxic Holocaust -An Overdose of Death, but my lame friend left it in his car over the weekend (trust me, I called him 20 times and he never answered) and it completely warped in the heat. He has yet to buy me another.

Maiden33
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Ticket for Kamelot and Edguy in NYC on 10/15!!! It's gonna 'kin rule!!!

mankvill
09-22-2008, 09:10 PM
A while back i bought Toxic Holocaust -An Overdose of Death, but my lame friend left it in his car over the weekend (trust me, I called him 20 times and he never answered) and it completely warped in the heat. He has yet to buy me another.

9.99 at hot topic!

ChildrenofSodom
09-23-2008, 03:00 AM
9.99 at hot topic!

Mine was 18. :bouville:

ravenheart
09-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Mine was 18. :bouville:

Maybe you looked at them funny when you walked in.

ChildrenofSodom
09-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe you looked at them funny when you walked in.

Yep...and then they did the Guido from Dragonball Z 'time freeze', froze me, ran over to the rack, switched the stickers, and then let go of their breath, thus releasing me.

Thats just ridiculous.

ravenheart
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Saddest post ever ;)

ravenheart
09-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Queensryche - Mindcrime At The Moore

ChildrenofSodom
09-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Saddest post ever ;)

Nah. You joined this forum after much sadder.

ravenheart
09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Nah. You joined this forum after much sadder.

I dare not imagine.

ravenheart
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Kiuas - Kiuas War Anthems (Special Edition UK Tour CD)

mankvill
09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Children of Bodom ticket
Metallica ticket

ravenheart
09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Helloween - Master of The Rings (2CD edition)
Various - This Is Thrash (3CD)
Motorhead - Rock n Roll (2CD edition)
Motorhead - Orgasmatron (2CD edition)
Evile - Enter The Grave (Redux Edition - bonus tracks, bonus DVD, patch, guitar pick)

SomewhereInTime72
09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
New razors harharhar

Div
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM
LG Dare :)

suck it iphone

JRA
09-28-2008, 07:09 AM
GZA- Liquid Swords

Brady would be proud of me if he hadn't dissapeared.

ravenheart
09-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Spike - It's A Treat To Be Alive
Leash Law - Stealing Grace (single)
Lacuna Coil - Our Truth CD1 (single)

mankvill
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Ben Folds - Way to Normal

Miles ahead of Songs For Silverman, but not quite at Rockin' The Suburbs level.

DethMaiden
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Ben Folds - Way to Normal

Miles ahead of Songs For Silverman, but not quite at Rockin' The Suburbs level.

"Kylie from Connecticut"=song of the year?

mankvill
09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
"Kylie from Connecticut"=song of the year?

I really like Brainwascht, but Kylie is fantastic, too! I saw him play it live.

I'm kind of scared about seeing him live this month though. I've heard that he plays all of his new album plus some of those "fake" tracks as well. Then he ends with 4-5 old ones. :(

ravenheart
10-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Judas Priest/Megadeth/Testament ticket :D

JRA
10-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Motorhead: Motorizer

ravenheart
10-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Scorpions - Savage Crazy World (DVD)

SomewhereInTime72
10-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Motorhead: Motorizer

:party: :rocker:

mankvill
10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Metallica - Live Shit: Binge And Purge

ravenheart
10-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Sepultura - Against
3 Inches of Blood - Advance And Vanquish
Obituary - Xecutioner's Return

es156
10-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Poverty's No Crime - The Chemical Chaos
Helloween - The Dark Ride

SomewhereInTime72
10-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Helloween - The Dark Ride

Whoa, about time. That's definitely their best post-Keeper-era album. :rocker: :bouville:

DethMaiden
10-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Whoa, about time. That's definitely their best post-Keeper-era album. :rocker: :bouville:

By far.

es156
10-04-2008, 05:05 PM

I have never listened to them much until recently. So far, I actually like Andi Deris better than Michael Kiske. :eyes:

DethMaiden
10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I have never listened to them much until recently. So far, I actually like Andi Deris better than Michael Kiske. :eyes:

There's a special circle of Hell just for you, blasphemer.

;)

es156
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
There's a special circle of Hell just for you, blasphemer.

;)

I do like to have my space.

:dfork:

But seriously, Kiske is what kept me from listening to them for all these years. His voice is kinda whiney. After I listen to them some more, I will get back to you on this debate.

:pumpkin:

Div
10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
there's a local brewery by the campus called Harvest Moon that makes all their beer, so i ordered a few pints to see how good it was. they have a pumpkin ale, which was hoppy but you could still taste the hint of pumpkin in it. they have a red ale, which was suprisingly good but hard to describe. lastly i got their hi-kick double hops beer, which was 8.5%, it was pretty bitter but had a very faint citrus aftertaste. there were still alot of other house specials i didnt get to try yet.

come visit me, ill buy you a pint :realchug:

DethMaiden
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM
there's a local brewery by the campus called Harvest Moon that makes all their beer, so i ordered a few pints to see how good it was. they have a pumpkin ale, which was hoppy but you could still taste the hint of pumpkin in it. they have a red ale, which was suprisingly good but hard to describe. lastly i got their hi-kick double hops beer, which was 8.5%, it was pretty bitter but had a very faint citrus aftertaste. there were still alot of other house specials i didnt get to try yet.

come visit me, ill buy you a pint :realchug:

You've got yourself a date in three years.

Maiden33
10-04-2008, 07:35 PM

Seconded. I hate Andi Deris but I love that album.

DethMaiden
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Helloween- Walls of Jericho Expanded Edition
Made Out of Babies- The Ruiner
Amon Amarth- Twilight of the Thunder God CD/DVD Special Edition

ravenheart
10-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Helloween- Walls of Jericho Expanded Edition

Heh, me too.

Also:

Helloween - Better Than Raw (Expanded Edition)
U.D.O. - Mastercutor Alive (DVD+2CD set)

es156
10-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Poverty's No Crime - One In A Million

JRA
10-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Heh, me too.

Damn, both of you be slippin.

Anyways I got the Get Thrashed DVD.

ravenheart
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Damn, both of you be slippin.

Anyways I got the Get Thrashed DVD.

Well, I'm only just now giving a crap about Helloween ;)

Already had that DVD for a while. Should watch it really.

Maiden33
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Poverty's No Crime - One In A Million

I hear that band is quite good and I should check them out. Thoughts?

ravenheart
10-08-2008, 12:40 AM

Definitely. I have the latest one, 'Save My Soul', which is excellent.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Evergrey - Torn
Flowing Tears - Serpentine
Madina Lake - From Them, Through Us, To You
Theatre of Tragedy - Assembly

Maiden33
10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Circle II Circle t-shirt and Jon Oliva's Pain longsleeve.

JRA
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Kreator- Extreme Aggressions
Van Morrison- Astral Weeks

mankvill
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Blackest Of The Black ticket!

es156
10-09-2008, 03:47 PM

They have quickly become one of my favorite bands. I have their 3 most recent CD's now and they are all excellent. Their most recent release, Save My Soul, is my favorite CD of theirs so far. I am fairly certain that you would like them. I would group them with Threshold.

Poverty's No Crime MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/povertysnocrime)

ravenheart
10-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Sepultura - Nation

powerslave_85
10-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Sleater-Kinney- One Beat (vinyl)
Rise Against- Appeal To Reason (came with a free 7" single)
Amon Amarth- Twilight of the Thunder God (w/DVD)

JuuKun
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Moonspell - Night Eternal CD/DVD
Primordial - Dark Romanticism CD/DVD

ravenheart
10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous
Led Zeppelin - IV

JRA
10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Led Zeppelin - IV

What made you give in? :D

ravenheart
10-15-2008, 12:54 AM
It was £3.99 ;)

JRA
10-15-2008, 06:01 AM
Would you buy this if it was 3.99?

http://www.thefunkstore.com/CurrentCDs/August2006/CD-ReddFoxxYouGottaWash.jpg

ravenheart
10-15-2008, 06:54 AM
No... but I already know LZ4 is good...

JRA
10-15-2008, 07:15 AM
No... but I already know LZ4 is good...

For whatever reason I remember you saying you hated Zeppelin (or was that Lards?)

Anyways, Yesterday I bought Mario Kart Wii.

ravenheart
10-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Definitely no LZ hatin' here... I don't need to own everything though. They have some shit songs...

powerslave_85
10-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Dillinger Four- Civil War
Between the Buried and Me- Colors Live

DethMaiden
10-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Between the Buried and Me- Colors Live

I will be scoring this the second I get paid on Monday. :rocker:

powerslave_85
10-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I will be scoring this the second I get paid on Monday. :rocker:
It rules. I've only watched the concert part so far, though, I haven't checked out any of the extras yet.

I kind of wish it was just the DVD, though. I don't really need the audio version of it, but at least it was priced the same as a single disc.

DethMaiden
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
It rules. I've only watched the concert part so far, though, I haven't checked out any of the extras yet.

I kind of wish it was just the DVD, though. I don't really need the audio version of it, but at least it was priced the same as a single disc.

Yeah, that's often pointless. Is it at least in a DVD-shaped case?

powerslave_85
10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
No, it's packaged like a regular CD. It took me a while to find it, because I was looking in the DVD section.

DethMaiden
10-18-2008, 04:52 PM
No, it's packaged like a regular CD. It took me a while to find it, because I was looking in the DVD section.

God, that's so goddamned lame haha. It's a fucking DVD, first and foremost. Victory Records is pathetic.

ravenheart
10-19-2008, 06:48 AM
The Who - Who's Next?
Pain - Dancing With The Dead
Helix - The Power of Rock 'n' Roll
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Diamond Head - Death And Progress

es156
10-20-2008, 09:49 AM
AC/DC - Black Ice
AC/DC - High Voltage

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Tupac - Loyal to the Game

SomewhereInTime72
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Tupac - Loyal to the Game

more like losing the game right

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM

Nah. I think its okay. I love Ghetto Gospel. Dont like Eminem's vocals on the first track, but its good overall.

DethMaiden
10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Between the Buried and Me - Colors_Live
Amon Amarth- Versus the World (2-Disc special edition with their first three EPs!)

Div
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM

goddammit

Spiral_Slave
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Amon Amarth - " Twilight Of The Thunder God " special edition with DVD: $13.99

Scorpions - Humanity Hour 1 gigantic poster: $3.99

Iron Maiden - World Piece '83 original tour program: $4.99 (!!!!)

Sound Exchange rules. :party:

JRA
10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Nah. I think its okay. I love Ghetto Gospel. Dont like Eminem's vocals on the first track, but its good overall.

Wait, another new Tupac album?

ChildrenofSodom
10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Wait, another new Tupac album?

2004. Pacs Life was out in 06, and then there is another due out in 09.

JRA
10-22-2008, 06:23 PM
2004. Pacs Life was out in 06, and then there is another due out in 09.

Yea, I actually looked that up on wikipedia, but then got distracted by something else before changing.

JRA
10-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Gamma Ray: Blast From The Past (for real! it actually came in the mail today!)
Overkill: Necroshine

ravenheart
10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Gamma Ray: Blast From The Past (for real! it actually came in the mail today!)

I wish that were at all available/affordable here.

JRA
10-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I wish that were at all available/affordable here.

What? Ordering it and getting it the same day? I didn't actually do that. :lol: I ordered it a couple days ago but I decided to refrain from posting whether or not I got it considering I had a small incident with trying to get it before hand.

Necroshine, that's not coming at least til the 27th (or the 4th if I'm mistaken).

Maiden33
10-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Gamma Ray: Blast From The Past (for real! it actually came in the mail today!

from what source was it purchased?

JRA
10-26-2008, 06:37 AM
from what source was it purchased?

blowitoutofhere.com

ravenheart
10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Metal Church - Hanging In The Balance
Metal Church - Live
Angra - Temple of Shadows
Angra - Rebirth
Raven - Glow
Raven - Everything Louder
Axel Rudi Pell - Between The Walls
Axel Rudi Pell - Eternal Prisoner

SPV double album boxes for £5.89 delivered. Fuckin' score!

Maiden33
10-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Metal Church - Hanging In The Balance
Metal Church - Live
Angra - Temple of Shadows
Angra - Rebirth
Raven - Glow
Raven - Everything Louder
Axel Rudi Pell - Between The Walls
Axel Rudi Pell - Eternal Prisoner

SPV double album boxes for £5.89 delivered. Fuckin' score!

All great stuff, but those 2 Angra albums are just... :drool:

JRA
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Celtic Frost: Into The Pandamonium
Death: Symbolic

mankvill
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East

is this awesome (y/n)

SomewhereInTime72
10-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East

is this awesome (y/n)

n, these are albums you should have had for years.

JRA
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM

Aw, leave him be. Everybody has to be a Priest n00b sometime.

mankvill
10-30-2008, 08:56 PM

Hella Priest newb, even though I saw them a couple months back. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
10-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Better late than never. Those are probably my favorite Priest albums right there, too.

ravenheart
11-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Thunder - Bang!

mankvill
11-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Skeletonwitch shirt
Skeletonwitch patch
Skeletonwitch sticker
Skeletonwitch button

for 20 bux

DethMaiden
11-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Skeletonwitch shirt
Skeletonwitch patch
Skeletonwitch sticker
Skeletonwitch button

for 20 bux

They have cheap-ass merch at shows. I got my Beyond the Permafrost shirt for 10. :rocker:

ravenheart
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Brainstorm - Downburst
Daath - The Hinderers

mankvill
11-01-2008, 08:55 PM
They have cheap-ass merch at shows. I got my Beyond the Permafrost shirt for 10. :rocker:

Same here! :bliss:

Maiden33
11-07-2008, 03:48 AM
http://www.levykauppax.fi/cover/normal/5/56/56612.jpg

ravenheart
11-07-2008, 05:24 AM
Tankard - Beast of Bourbon
Tankard - The Beauty of Beer
Edguy - Painting On The Wall EP
Circle II Circle - All That Remains EP
Circle II Circle - Every Last Thing EP
Circle II Circle - Revelation EP
Jon Oliva's Pain - Straight Jacket Memoirs EP
Masterplan - Lost And Gone EP
Masterplan - Back For My Life EP
U.D.O. - 24/7 EP

Thank you AFM records for slashing all limited ed. EPs to EUR 3.99 and mispricing the double pack of Tankard albums at EUR 0.00 - haha!

Maiden33
11-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Edguy - Painting On The Wall EP
Circle II Circle - All That Remains EP
Circle II Circle - Every Last Thing EP
Circle II Circle - Revelation EP
Jon Oliva's Pain - Straight Jacket Memoirs EP
Masterplan - Lost And Gone EP
Masterplan - Back For My Life EP

Thank you AFM records for slashing all limited ed. EPs to EUR 3.99 and mispricing the double pack of Tankard albums at EUR 0.00 - haha!

It's so hard for me not to go and buy all of these.

ravenheart
11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Off you go then ;) Postage from Germany will set you back a bit though. For me it worked out at around EUR 1 per CD.

Maiden33
11-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Off you go then ;) Postage from Germany will set you back a bit though. For me it worked out at around EUR 1 per CD.

I actually don't think I'll be getting any of them, but I was looking through the store and realized I can get an At Vance - Only Human t-shirt for like $20 with shipping. I should consider that purchased already.

JRA
11-07-2008, 09:56 AM
A Tribe Called Quest: People's Instinctive Travels & The Paths Of Rhythm

JuuKun
11-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Within Temptation - Black Symphony CD/DVD

Fe Maiden
11-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Just ordered:

Metallica- Death Magnetic
Metallica- Black Album
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Perpetual Flame
Rainbow- Anthology

andrew_metalhead
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Metallica Ride The Lightning flag :rocker:
Iron Maiden logo jean patch
Iron Maiden Trooper back patch
Metallica logo jean patch
Megadeth logo jean patch
Judas Priest British Steel CD
Judas Priest Painkiller CD
Iron Maiden Brave New World CD
Iron Maiden Dance Of Death CD
Metallica Ride The Lightning CD
Metallica Master Of Puppets CD
Megadeth So Far So Good...So What! CD
Megadeth Cryptic Writings CD

SomewhereInTime72
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
King Crimson - The Power To Believe
Dir en grey - Uroboros
Overkill - The Years of Decay

JRA
11-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Cockass- Heartwork

powerslave_85
11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I hit up Amoeba and 1-2-3-4 Go! Records while I was in Berkeley, and picked up a bunch of stuff:

Vinyl:
Dillinger Four- Situationist Comedy
Hot Water Music- Forever and Counting, Caution
Sleater-Kinney- The Hot Rock
Off With Their Heads- From the Bottom

CD:
Lemuria- Get Better

DethMaiden
11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I hit up Amoeba and 1-2-3-4 Go! Records while I was in Berkeley, and picked up a bunch of stuff:

Vinyl:
Dillinger Four- Situationist Comedy
Hot Water Music- Forever and Counting, Caution
Sleater-Kinney- The Hot Rock
Off With Their Heads- From the Bottom

CD:
Lemuria- Get Better

Off With Their Heads and Lemuria have both played the Dayton Dirt Collective in the past couple months. :D

powerslave_85
11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Off With Their Heads and Lemuria have both played the Dayton Dirt Collective in the past couple months. :D
You should've gone to see Off With Their Heads, they're a blast.

DethMaiden
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
You should've gone to see Off With Their Heads, they're a blast.

Yeah they're gonna be there again this weekend but I got my license suspended, haha.

Maiden33
11-14-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.impulsemusic.com/images2/covers/firewindpremonition.jpg

This is going to be EPIC.

SomewhereInTime72
11-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Cockass- Heartwork

i think u mean fartwork

ChildrenofSodom
11-15-2008, 06:18 AM
i think u mean fartwork

moar liek it.

Derelict
11-15-2008, 08:48 AM
but I got my license suspended, haha.

Ugh, been there, the worst

DethMaiden
11-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Ordered Edguy- Tinnitus Sanctus

ravenheart
11-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Ordered Edguy- Tinnitus Sanctus

Never mind ;)

DethMaiden
11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Never mind ;)

I really liked Ministry of Saints (and all of Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride for that matter), and Jeff recommended it as well...sorry I made your occupation seem petty. ;)

ravenheart
11-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Second occupation ;) The first one pays way more ;)

JRA
11-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Second occupation ;) The first one pays way more ;)

What's the first one?

ravenheart
11-16-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm an information analyst.

DethMaiden
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Bloodbath- The Fathomless Mastery
Landmine Marathon- Rusted Eyes Awake
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss- Raising Sand
Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy World Tour DVD
Gangs of New York DVD
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (XBox 360) (THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!)

mankvill
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss- Raising Sand

YOU PEOPLE ARE KEEPING THE LED ZEPPELIN REUNION FROM HAPPENING ASIDFHAW*(E$RAJ

;)

JRA
11-17-2008, 03:37 PM
YOU PEOPLE ARE KEEPING THE LED ZEPPELIN REUNION FROM HAPPENING ASIDFHAW*(E$RAJ

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
[JON BONHAM IS] KEEPING THE LED ZEPPELIN REUNION FROM HAPPENING ASIDFHAW*(E$RAJ

;)

I'm sorry...thats awful.

mankvill
11-17-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm sorry...thats awful.

mankvill
11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Behemoth - Ezkaton EP
Suicidal Tendencies - Prime Cuts
Christ Inversion - Christ Inversion

uh, apparently Christ Inversion has Phil Anselmo and a bunch of members of superjoin ritual/down/necrophagia in it. Kinda obscure blackened death metal.

ravenheart
11-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Whitesnake - Slide It In

And my pre-ordered copy of Chinese Democracy with exclusive single 7" has been posted already. Hopefully will arrive on Monday :D

powerslave_85
11-21-2008, 06:00 PM
An XBox 360 :D I also got Gears of War and Madden '07 (it was only $5)

DethMaiden
11-21-2008, 06:21 PM
An XBox 360 :D I also got Gears of War and Madden '07 (it was only $5)

Get Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

powerslave_85
11-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Get Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.
No me gusta fighting games.

DethMaiden
11-21-2008, 06:58 PM
No me gusta fighting games.

:( It's the only type of game besides sports that I can play for any amount of time. I'm only ADD when it comes to video games. Which is odd, because ADD kids are usually mellowed by one thing: video games.

ChildrenofSodom
11-22-2008, 12:12 PM
The Portable Atheist by Christophger Hitchens
The End of Faith by Sam Harris

Sinfulsot
11-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Christ Inversion - Christ Inversion

uh, apparently Christ Inversion has Phil Anselmo and a bunch of members of superjoin ritual/down/necrophagia in it. Kinda obscure blackened death metal.

how did this turn out?

ravenheart
11-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Warhead - Beyond Recall
Warhead - Perfect/Infect
After All - Mercury Rising

mankvill
11-23-2008, 09:33 AM
how did this turn out?

It's not terrible but it's not fantastic either. Juts kinda by the books blackened death.

es156
11-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Blaze - The Man Who Would Not Die
Evergrey - Torn
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free II

JRA
11-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Gamma Ray- Land Of The Free II

es156
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Gamma Ray- Land Of The Free II

:fist:

Helloween - Gambling With The Devil (2-Disc Special Edition)
Candlemass - From The 13th Sun
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
Brainstorm - Soul Temptation

Maiden33
11-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
Brainstorm - Soul Temptation

What do you think of these?

es156
11-25-2008, 07:58 PM
What do you think of these?

Well, I have only listened to them a couple of times each so far. They are both good, but at this moment I would say that I like Downburst better. (I know that longtime Brainstorm fans would think this is crazy but I really like Downburst.) The first two songs on Liquid Monster are excellent and I really like the title track from Soul Temptation. So far there are a couple of songs on each disc that don't do much for me. I will get back to you when I have had a chance to fully absorb them.

Having said all that (ha ha), I really want to hit ProgPower this year. I think the Saturday lineup is excellent and I would love to be there.

Maiden33
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, I have only listened to them a couple of times each so far. They are both good, but at this moment I would say that I like Downburst better. (I know that longtime Brainstorm fans would think this is crazy but I really like Downburst.) The first two songs on Liquid Monster are excellent and I really like the title track from Soul Temptation. So far there are a couple of songs on each disc that don't do much for me. I will get back to you when I have had a chance to fully absorb them.

Having said all that (ha ha), I really want to hit ProgPower this year. I think the Saturday lineup is excellent and I would love to be there.

Don't feel crazy, I think Downburst could actually be their best also.

And yes, ProgPower this year will be AMAZING. Fates Warning, Royal Hunt, Circus Maximus, Pagans Mind, and Brainstorm all together = :drool: + :bowdown:

ravenheart
11-26-2008, 12:22 AM
downset. - downset.
Radio Vipers - The Morning Sunburst
Crashdiest - Rest In Sleaze
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

JRA
11-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

Prepare to be skinned alive.

es156
11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Gamma Ray - Somewhere Out In Space

Which GR should I buy next, JRA?

Maiden33
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Hey! I'm the power metal authority here and shall field all Gamma Ray questions.
:D

What stuff of theirs do you have?

es156
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey! I'm the power metal authority here and shall field all Gamma Ray questions.
:D

What stuff of theirs do you have?

Ha ha. Well, I only directed that to Josh because I know he is a fan. I only have Land Of The Free II and Somewhere Out In Space. It sucks that many of their CD's are fairly expensive imports.

JRA
11-29-2008, 07:34 PM

Hey! I'm the power metal authority here and shall field all GaDISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS!

You actually got my personal favorite Gamma Ray album. It's got a couple stupid filler tracks hear and there (the tracks under a minute besides Rising Star), but when you cut away the fat, it's quite the bulky and beefy steak.

Make sure you join "Rising Star" and "Shine On" together. Otherwise many dick-nipples will be shat.

Wait a minute, you don't have iTunes.

Edit: DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

After this, I'd suggest...:hmm:...Powerplant.

Edit 2: Don't expect that sweet mellow jam in the middle of the "Somewhere Out In Space" when you saw it live.

Maiden33
11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Ha ha. Well, I only directed that to Josh because I know he is a fan. I only have Land Of The Free II and Somewhere Out In Space. It sucks that many of their CD's are fairly expensive imports.

Land of the Free, no question. Their best album. In all honesty, every Kai-fronted album is worth getting, but I'd get Land of the Free first and then follow it up with Powerplant.

Maiden33
11-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Don't expect that sweet mellow jam in the middle of the "Somewhere Out In Space" when you saw it live.

The version of that on the DVD is ORGASMIC. I don't remember it being that good when I saw them.

JRA
11-29-2008, 07:47 PM
The version of that on the DVD is ORGASMIC. I don't remember it being that good when I saw them.

Which I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MOTHERFUCKING FIND! Even here in Pittsfield's beloved FYE's! Though the have the album version, so I guess that's something.

JuuKun
11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Pfft. Get No World Order.

But, yeah, I guess I'll be seeing a few of you at ProgPower :party:

Latest purchases:

Moonsorrow - Viides Luku: Hävitetty
Sodom - In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty
Sodom - Persecution Mania

DethMaiden
11-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Did somebody say every Kai-fronted album is worth getting?

FLY HIGH, TOUCH THE SKY
NEVER KNOW THE REASON WHY IT ENDS
VICTIM OF FATE!

JRA
11-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Did somebody say every Kai-fronted album is worth getting?

FLY HIGH, TOUCH THE SKY
NEVER KNOW THE REASON WHY IT ENDS
VICTIM OF FATE!

Word-booty, all though for some reason the "updated" version of Victim Of Fate with Mike Kiske on vox destroys that one.

Maiden33
11-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Pfft. Get No World Order.

But, yeah, I guess I'll be seeing a few of you at ProgPower :party:

Latest purchases:

Moonsorrow - Viides Luku: Hävitetty
Sodom - In the Sign of Evil/Obsessed by Cruelty
Sodom - Persecution Mania

Pfft, I wish. Maybe if I find that spare $1,000 I have sitting around...

I'd kill a man to see Royal Hunt. Not to mention Fates Warning, Pagans Mind, Circus Maximus, and Brainstorm also.

Maiden33
11-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Which I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MOTHERFUCKING FIND! Even here in Pittsfield's beloved FYE's! Though the have the album version, so I guess that's something.

You can buy it from a seller on Amazon for as cheap as $18 (incl. shipping)

ravenheart
11-30-2008, 05:44 AM
I love play.com's random clearance sales of obscure stuff...

Temple of Brutality - Lethal Agenda
Hydrogyn - Bombshell
Violent Storm - Storm Warning
Kategory V - Hymns of Dissension
Chokehold - The Killing Has Begun
Fear Factory - Transgression (with DVD)
Six Strings: A Tribute To The Scorpions

All £2.99 each delivered :)

The Answer - Never Too Late EP/DVD

es156
11-30-2008, 10:47 AM

It was the highlight of the set when I saw them. I was hoping it was on the live CD/DVD. I guess that should be my next purchase since the recommendations on studio CD's are mixed.

Maiden33
11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
It was the highlight of the set when I saw them. I was hoping it was on the live CD/DVD. I guess that should be my next purchase since the recommendations on studio CD's are mixed.

Get the DVD and Land of the Free. Even though the reviews here are mixed, it is widely believed to be the best Gamma Ray album.

ravenheart
11-30-2008, 12:51 PM
I finally just got round to watching the new Gamma Ray DVD...

Erm... guys... it's pretty fucking awful. Are we watching the same shit?

Sound quality awesome, obviously. And the performance is good. But diabolical editing, irritating 'effects', and what the fuck is up with the picture quality? It's like watching YouTube.

Terrible.

Maiden33
11-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Sound quality awesome, obviously. And the performance is good. But diabolical editing, irritating 'effects', and what the fuck is up with the picture quality? It's like watching YouTube.

Terrible.

I'm sorry, but if you are complaining about that DVD you are a picky son of a bitch. There is NOTHING wrong with the picture quality of that DVD. Save for the footage intentionally edited to look a certian way, it couldn't look better.

DethMaiden
11-30-2008, 02:11 PM

Terrible.

That's kinda how I feel about the Helloween DVD, unfortunately.

powerslave_85
11-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV
30 Rock Season 1

JRA
11-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Get the DVD and Land of the Free. Even though the reviews here are mixed, it is widely believed to be the best Gamma Ray album.

and I just happen to be in the minority that doesn't think it's Gamma Ray's best. It's a great album, just not the best.

ravenheart
12-01-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm sorry, but if you are complaining about that DVD you are a picky son of a bitch. There is NOTHING wrong with the picture quality of that DVD. Save for the footage intentionally edited to look a certian way, it couldn't look better.

It looks TERRIBLE. It's more pixelated than a low res avi, especially in red areas (I.e. all of it, since they use 90% red lighting). The Montreal gig is the worst offender, but the Wacken footage looks horribly compressed as well.

The editing is horrible as well.

Maiden33
12-01-2008, 11:14 AM
It looks TERRIBLE. It's more pixelated than a low res avi, especially in red areas (I.e. all of it, since they use 90% red lighting). The Montreal gig is the worst offender, but the Wacken footage looks horribly compressed as well.

The editing is horrible as well.

I don't really know what to tell you. I don't see it, and neither has anyone else. It doesn't look terrible. It looks really good.
You can't overcriticize the Wacken footage. It's bonus material (not to be included in the opinion of the feature itself). Also it wasn't edited by the band, the 2003 video originally was on the Armageddon Over Wacken DVD and the band just finally stuck it on an official release, they didn't shoot and edit it themselves.

ravenheart
12-02-2008, 05:43 AM
I've seen the Wacken footage elsewhere. It's from WDR, as all Wacken footage is. And it looks 100x better from their TV captures... It's very clearly been compressed for this DVD (probably to fit it on with those horrible road movies). I wish I'd kept the TV capture now so I could compare, but I deleted it when I knew it was going to be on this release. They changed their editing style sometime a couple of years ago to be less 'MTV'. So the 2006 editing is much better than 2003.

I remember the same happening with the last Type O Negative live DVD. The TV broadcast of whichever show it was was better quality.

After loving the CD, totally disappointed with this DVD. If I've got some time this week I'll fashion some full-res screenshots from the Gamma Ray one, and something that is actually decent quality.