PDA

View Full Version : The Metalsetlists.com Greatest Albums of 2006: Results

DethMaiden
01-16-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.blackoutfirenze.it/immagini/ironmaidenamatterofimmagine

1. Iron Maiden- A Matter of Life and Death

http://img.interia.pl/rozrywka/nimg/Okladka_Blood_Mountain_1081478.jpg

2. Mastodon- Blood Mountain

http://www.jaxxroxx.com/images/Pictures%20Page/amon%20amarth%20-with%20oden%20cover.jpg

3. Amon Amarth- With Oden On Our Side

http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000E1ZBHM.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56246507_.jpg

4. Queensr˙che- Operation: Mindcrime II

http://www.metal-district.de/gfx/news/a_twist_in_the_myth.JPG

5. Blind Guardian- A Twist in the Myth

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/7052/edgy8so.jpg

6. Edguy- Rocket Ride

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverArt/Music/Large/7302199.jpg

7. I- Between Two Worlds

http://eil.com/newGallery/Tool-10000-Days-357794.jpg

8. Tool- 10,000 Days

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/Large/21/943321.jpg

9. Circle II Circle- Burden of Truth

http://www.merlin.com.pl/images_big/16/9362443002.jpg

10. Slayer- Christ Illusion

Honorable Mention: In Flames- Come Clarity, Underoath- Define the Great Line, Kataklysm- In the Arms of Devastation, Ihsahn- The Adversary, Evergrey- Monday Morning Apocalypse, Rob Zombie- Educated Horses, Dungeon- The Final Chapter, Summoning- Oath Bound, Amorphis- Eclipse, Agalloch- Ashes Against the Grain, Deicide- The Stench of Redemption, Riot- Army of One

ChildrenofSodom
01-16-2007, 01:38 PM
It feels good that I own 6 of the 10

DethMaiden
01-16-2007, 01:40 PM
It feels good that I own 6 of the 10

Which reminds me: I'll be buying the three I don't already own just to show that this list is good for something :D

overkiller
01-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Better than I expected, but still pretty fucking lame.

ADD
01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Got 'em all except Circle II Circle. In general, this list is pretty good.

overkiller
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Okay, 1. AMOLAD is not THAT good, upon reflection I shouldn't have put it so high on my list, or even had it on my list at all (not that it would have changed anything). 2. Fuck Mastodon. 3. Correct. 4. OMCII is horribly mediocre, put any other title on it and it's just another shitty, irrelevant Queensryche release. 5. A Twist is not as bad as I first thought, but it's still pretty damn mediocre. 6. Rocket Ride is fun to listen to, but it's joke music, and should be taken as just that--a joke. 7. I'm fucking surprised and glad Between Two Worlds made it so high. I'm proud of you guys, sort of. 8. More boring Tool. Next. 9. Don't even know them, how did they get so far? 10. A completely worthless album. The only time it's any good at all is when it's a poor Reign in Blood clone--that said, I'll stick to Reign in Blood, thanks.

ChildrenofSodom
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
AMON AMARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Maiden33
01-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Okay, 1. AMOLAD is not THAT good, upon reflection I shouldn't have put it so high on my list, or even had it on my list at all (not that it would have changed anything). 2. Fuck Mastodon. 3. Correct. 4. OMCII is horribly mediocre, put any other title on it and it's just another shitty, irrelevant Queensryche release. 5. A Twist is not as bad as I first thought, but it's still pretty damn mediocre. 6. Rocket Ride is fun to listen to, but it's joke music, and should be taken as just that--a joke. 7. I'm fucking surprised and glad Between Two Worlds made it so high. I'm proud of you guys, sort of. 8. More boring Tool. Next. 9. Don't even know them, how did they get so far? 10. A completely worthless album. The only time it's any good at all is when it's a poor Reign in Blood clone--that said, I'll stick to Reign in Blood, thanks.

#9 got so far because a small group of people (myself included) that feel it's an AMAZING album... Unfortunately promotion and distribution in the US (even though its their native country) are terrible, so like no one bothered to check it out unless you were happened to be convinced by my extreme praising of it. It got really good critic reviews and such, but still, the push for promotion and distribution were both so terrible that it still remains basically unknown. Too bad though, I feel it's an AMAZING album... my personal #1.

DethMaiden
01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Fine, my professional opinion:

1. Overrated, maybe, but hell yeah it belongs on the list.
2. Shoulda been number one, fuck the haters.
3. Didn't hear but a few songs on it, but it seemed pretty badass.
4. YESSSS.
5. Meh x1000.
6. Nice surprise, solid album.
7. Didn't hear it but Storm I Ride was pretty meh.
8. Tool=consistent. Great album.
9. Didn't hear it.
10. Meh x100000000.

overkiller
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
2. Shoulda been number one, fuck the haters.

I'm the only hater here, dude :lol:

JRA
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM

Maiden33 has expressed disapproval for Mastodon. But yea, I think you are the only two. :lol:

DethMaiden
01-16-2007, 06:58 PM

THEN FUCK YOU!!!11 :mad:

:eyes:

theclansman1114
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Maiden33 has expressed disapproval for Mastodon. But yea, I think you are the only two. :lol:

I missed the disapproval discussion? FUCK!

It's 3 now!:)

overkiller
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
So uh....

Fuck Mastodon.

:D

theclansman1114
01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
So uh....

Fuck Mastodon.

:D
:)

JRA
01-16-2007, 07:15 PM

:lol:

Maiden33
01-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Haha. I don't think you and I have ever disagreed majorly on opinion of a band. Well, except maybe Grave Digger and/or Manowar... and me and some of my melodic metal. But generally, you get my point. Hey, maybe that's why we've been in the same band together for 2 and a half years!

powerslave_85
01-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Good list this year. The only I haven't heard is Circle II Circle, and the only one that I didn't like at least a little was Edguy.

theclansman1114
01-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Good list this year. The only I haven't heard is Circle II Circle, and the only one that I didn't like at least a little was Edguy.

Well, before DT tells you to, check out that CIIC.... :)

SomewhereInTime72
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm okay with this list I guess.

SnakeCharmer
01-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I completley disagree with this list and here's why:

1. Maiden - a good album but its not a #1.
2. Mastodon - its ok but its nowhere near the level of Leviathan and the last 3-4 songs are completely skippable.
3. Amon Amarth - This is a good one but its not a top 3 album.
4. Queensryche - The love affair for QR needs to stop. This is a poor attempt in recapturing the old glory. Clean the wax out of years and start figuring out that this band died long ago!
5. Blind Guardian - I had never skipped a song in a BG album before but this one made me press skip 3x.
6. Edguy - the dumbing down of what used to be a great band continues...
7. I - Abbath could release a banjo album and everyone would praise it as the best thing since sliced bread. This one is completely overrated.
8. Tool - UGH!!! Watching paint dry is better than listening to this drivel. The sad thing is the bands like The End and Isis are following this band's path towards mediocrity.
9. Circle II Circle - I dont even know where to begin as to how bland this power metal album is. For shit's sake, you guys need to get some Wolf, Astral Doors, Manticora or Wolf for some real metal.
10. Slayer - So Dave Lombardo returns and that means Slayer is back at being great again? WRONG!!! This is God Hates Us All with better drumming, which in itself means nothing at all.

As far as the honorable mentions go people need to listen to more Summoning, Agalloch and Amorphis.

You know what this list makes me sad. :( Either people are not exposing themselves to a lot of metal or people just like to be spoon fed by simplicty and mediocrity. :(

Have any of you heard Drudkh, Benighted, Culf of Luna, Peste Noire, Suidakra, Red Sparowes, Hammers of Misfortune or Yakuza (to name a few)? These are bands that are taking metal to the next level but I feel that not a lot of people here know about them. :confused:

Ok, rant over. :2cents:

I still love all of you though. :D

Div
01-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Mastadon is boring.

Angelripper
01-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Wow, that is a crap list. I own 7 of those albums, and 2 deserve to be there.

And DethMaiden, never do these again. You deliberately waited to post the results until after Underoath got knocked out.

DethMaiden
01-17-2007, 03:33 AM

And DethMaiden, never do these again. You deliberately waited to post the results until after Underoath got knocked out.

Actually, I deliberately waited until the two week voting period was over, the exact amount of time I had decided on in October.

ChildrenofSodom
01-17-2007, 03:46 AM

:snivel:

ChildrenofSodom
01-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Haha. I don't think you and I have ever disagreed majorly on opinion of a band. Well, except maybe Grave Digger and/or Manowar... and me and some of my melodic metal. But generally, you get my point. Hey, maybe that's why we've been in the same band together for 2 and a half years!

did someone say GRAVE DIGGER??

:shred: :shred: :shred: :punk: :punk: :punk: :horns: :horns: :punk: :punk: :punk: :shred: :shred: :shred:

Angelripper
01-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Actually, I deliberately waited until the two week voting period was over, the exact amount of time I had decided on in October.
Ohh dammit.

I'll shut up now.

DethMaiden
01-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Ohh dammit.

I'll shut up now.

;) No problem.

DethMaiden
01-17-2007, 06:08 AM

1. Maiden - a good album but its not a #1.
2. Mastodon - its ok but its nowhere near the level of Leviathan and the last 3-4 songs are completely skippable.
3. Amon Amarth - This is a good one but its not a top 3 album.
4. Queensryche - The love affair for QR needs to stop. This is a poor attempt in recapturing the old glory. Clean the wax out of years and start figuring out that this band died long ago!
5. Blind Guardian - I had never skipped a song in a BG album before but this one made me press skip 3x.
6. Edguy - the dumbing down of what used to be a great band continues...
7. I - Abbath could release a banjo album and everyone would praise it as the best thing since sliced bread. This one is completely overrated.
8. Tool - UGH!!! Watching paint dry is better than listening to this drivel. The sad thing is the bands like The End and Isis are following this band's path towards mediocrity.
9. Circle II Circle - I dont even know where to begin as to how bland this power metal album is. For shit's sake, you guys need to get some Wolf, Astral Doors, Manticora or Wolf for some real metal.
10. Slayer - So Dave Lombardo returns and that means Slayer is back at being great again? WRONG!!! This is God Hates Us All with better drumming, which in itself means nothing at all.

As far as the honorable mentions go people need to listen to more Summoning, Agalloch and Amorphis.

You know what this list makes me sad. :( Either people are not exposing themselves to a lot of metal or people just like to be spoon fed by simplicty and mediocrity. :(

Have any of you heard Drudkh, Benighted, Culf of Luna, Peste Noire, Suidakra, Red Sparowes, Hammers of Misfortune or Yakuza (to name a few)? These are bands that are taking metal to the next level but I feel that not a lot of people here know about them. :confused:

Ok, rant over. :2cents:

I still love all of you though. :D

Jeez, elitist much? :eek:

powerslave_85
01-17-2007, 06:11 AM
For shit's sake, you guys need to get some Wolf for some real metal.

:hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

DethMaiden
01-17-2007, 06:27 AM
BTW, the honorable mentions are just all the albums with 11+ points in descending order. In Flames were one point out of 10th.

powerslave_85
01-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Well, before DT tells you to, check out that CIIC.... :)
I'll pass.

theclansman1114
01-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I'll pass.
To each their own I guess...:hmm:

Fe Maiden
01-17-2007, 09:55 AM

It's 3 now!:)Make that 4:D

JRA
01-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Make that 4:D

Goddamn! :lol:

ADD
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
As far as the honorable mentions go people need to listen to more Summoning, Agalloch

Have any of you heard Drudkh, Cult of Luna, Red Sparowes, Yakuza (to name a few)?

Me :party: :lol: I also thought about getting that new Hammers as well :eyes:

And that ever-elusive Amorphis record :bouville:

ADD
01-17-2007, 03:32 PM
you guys need to get some Wolf, Astral Doors, Manticora or Wolf for some real metal.

:dorky:

ADD
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Benighted, Suidakra

Sorry to keep quoting your post, but I just have to say, these bands are fucking weak :hecho:

MetalDrummer888
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
i forgot to vote . . . but the results are legit :cool:

theclansman1114
01-17-2007, 07:06 PM

Power metal eh? Last I checked this album wasn't power metal.

theclansman1114
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Make that 4:D

:party:

Maiden33
01-17-2007, 07:15 PM

I used to think opinions couldn't be wrong... Then I read this statement. Either your deaf, ignorant, or have never heard the album. A Deaf person could realize that Circle II Circle is not a power metal band. Not even close. I happen to really like a good deal of power metal, some would even consider me an authority of the subject, and this my friend, is not a power metal band or album.
Furthermore, the Astral Doors album was an honorable mention on my list and quite enjoyed it... I've been meaning to check out that Manticora but haven't got a chance... and I've enjoyed some Wolf I've heard, but I wasn't too impressed with the new album myself.

ADD
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
I used to think opinions couldn't be wrong... Then I read this statement. Either your deaf, ignorant, or have never heard the album. A Deaf person could realize that Circle II Circle is not a power metal band. Not even close. I happen to really like a good deal of power metal, some would even consider me an authority of the subject, and this my friend, is not a power metal band or album.

Rodrigo is one of the very few people here (plus Brad & Brady) who I honestly think have the best tastes in music (well, those whom I agree with the most often about music in general) and actually know what the fuck they are talking about, so don't be calling him "deaf and ignorant" :rolleyes:

SnakeCharmer
01-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Furthermore, the Astral Doors album was an honorable mention on my list and quite enjoyed it... I've been meaning to check out that Manticora but haven't got a chance... and I've enjoyed some Wolf I've heard, but I wasn't too impressed with the new album myself.

Does it really matter what genre a band perfectly fits in? :tp: I heard plenty of power metal elments with this album so that's why I labeled it as a power metal album.

Would this classification work better for you: Circle 2 Circle is a Savatage-inspired melodic progressive heavy power metal rock band ;) that released an album that to this BB'er was incredibly boring, bland and unimaginative.

Sorry if I offended your favorite album of 2006 but what I didn't realize is that criticizing an album was grounds for receiving personal attacks. It's cool though since as I said in my post: I still love everyone. :D

Angelripper
01-18-2007, 03:17 AM
I happen to really like a good deal of power metal, some would even consider me an authority of the subject, and this my friend, is not a power metal band or album.
http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popculture/southpark/collectibles/stickerr.jpg

DethMaiden
01-18-2007, 03:38 AM
The hell with hearing everything on the list I don't have. I and CIIC I have no interest in based on the songs I've heard. Amon Amarth I will buy.

overkiller
01-18-2007, 06:08 AM

Metal archives:

"Genre(s)
Progressive Power Metal"

I'd believe them before you.

theclansman1114
01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Metal archives:

"Genre(s)
Progressive Power Metal"

I'd believe them before you.

They are not power metal. And since you brought up metal archives, someone wrote a very positive review on that album.

ADD
01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Today melodic heavy metal bands with high vocals and some proggier elements are basically all labelled Progressive Power Metal just as Metal-Archives says. Get used to it.

ADD
01-18-2007, 01:16 PM
The hell with hearing everything on the list I don't have. I and CIIC I have no interest in based on the songs I've heard. Amon Amarth I will buy.

I wanna hear Circle II Circle :party: I'm never opposed to hearing a band.........hell I even listened to the new Trivium, I can get through anything now :lol:

EDIT: I just saw them on their Metal-Archives page :lol: :lol: :lol:

PowerMaiden
01-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm happy with # 1, you guys are not all idiots after all

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

overkiller
01-18-2007, 05:51 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

le sigh...

Maiden33
01-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Alright folks, maybe if I put it like this I won't get bashed for liking a "boring power metal album"

Savatage is my favorite band. Second only to Maiden. One of the things I've always loved about the band was the era with Zach Stevens on vocals... the music composition and vocals were both superb at all times, and is the sole grounds for my love of them. So, Zach has a new band, and they now put out an album, that despite how unnoticed it's gone, I personally feel is better than any album Zach has ever done, and probably better than any Savatage album. Yes, I said it. And no one here really has the right to tell me I'm wrong. Firstly, my opinion can't be wrong, and secondly, I garuntee you I'm almost definately the biggest Savatage fan on this board. And after having the album for almost 4 months now, I still listen to it on a regular basis, usually several times a week... This is the probably the first album where I've ever had a top 8 favorite songs on it, since there's a total of 8 songs on it all of the same disturbingly good quality, and the other 3 are all very good as well. I'm not comfortable enough to say I like this album more than any Savatage, which automatically makes it one of my favorite albums of all time.

I'm not gonna bother to going into more detail, because no one really seems to care, which doesn't bother me all that much. It's not the honest lack on interest that bothers me. It's the unnecessary bashing and criticizing of it that gets me, since some of you guys really don't know what you're talking about with an album like this... And no, I'm not saying I'm knowledgable with all types of metal, but I don't go around criticizing stuff I know little about, I stick to what I know.

overkiller
01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Firstly, my opinion can't be wrong

Yes, it can.

P.S. Cry more

Maiden33
01-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I myself am perfectly happy with Maiden being #1... they didn't rank #1 on my personal list, but I definately think they have more than enough right to hold that title...
The thing that gets me is how most people now are upset that Maiden wound up #1... It's not like this poll was decided against everybody's will, it was voted by everyone... and frankly, all except a very small number of folks put AMOLAD in their list, many towards the top of it.

Maiden33
01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes, it can.

P.S. Cry more

Who's crying? I most certainly am not.

And by the way, I don't think you've ever responded to a single thing I've said with anything other than a childish remark.

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2007, 06:04 PM

And by the way, I don't think you've ever responded to a single thing I've said with anything other than a childish remark.

you are crying.....every time someone even MENTIONS power metal, you post a paragraph or two defending your tastes....you are making a HUGE deal out of nothing.....just face the fact: people dont like 'your' power metal. They like the power metal that you dont even consider power metal..

Deal with it.

overkiller
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM

News flash buddy, nothing you say really elicits anything more than a childish remark ;)

powerslave_85
01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Jesus, you're STILL bitching about being persecuted for your musical tastes?? Give it a fucking rest.

Maiden33
01-18-2007, 06:18 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with "persecuted musical tastes". It's NOT about that. Apparently you people didn't get my message that I really don't give a shit what you people think about what I listen to. What this IS about is me defending an album I whole-heartedly love against people criticizing it of being something it's not.

SomewhereInTime72
01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with "persecuted musical tastes". It's NOT about that. Apparently you people didn't get my message that I really don't give a shit what you people think about what I listen to. What this IS about is me defending an album I whole-heartedly love against people criticizing it of being something it's not.

http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-949.png

powerslave_85
01-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Apparently you people didn't get my message that I really don't give a shit what you people think about what I listen to.
Then why the fuck are you ALWAYS bringing it up?? :hecho:

overkiller
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Apparently you people didn't get my message that I really don't give a shit what you people think about what I listen to.

Okay, and I don't give a shit what you listen to, so shut up.

Maiden33
01-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, and I don't give a shit what you listen to, so shut up.

Why thank you for putting it so nicely.

Maiden33
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Then why the fuck are you ALWAYS bringing it up?? :hecho:

Alright then, change of subject.

Your signature annoys the living hell out of me. What the fuck kind of a person would claim that a terrorist orginization responsible for the deaths of innocenet people is somehow better than a goddamn football team and their fans. I'm sure you're joking, but that's a pretty tasteless joke in my eyes.

ADD
01-18-2007, 06:53 PM

I just laughed extremely loudly. I'm glad no one else was downstairs :eyes:

JRA
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Alright then, change of subject.

Your signature annoys the living hell out of me. What the fuck kind of a person would claim that a terrorist orginization responsible for the deaths of innocenet people is somehow better than a goddamn football team and their fans. I'm sure you're joking, but that's a pretty tasteless joke in my eyes.

I smell pointless attacking.

overkiller
01-18-2007, 06:55 PM

YES

ADD
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Jeff, I should get a prize because I listened to 4 songs from 'Burden Of Truth' today :party:

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I smell pointless attacking.

me too

powerslave_85
01-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Your signature annoys the living hell out of me. What the fuck kind of a person would claim that a terrorist orginization responsible for the deaths of innocenet people is somehow better than a goddamn football team and their fans. I'm sure you're joking, but that's a pretty tasteless joke in my eyes.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh Christ. How are you even able to sit at a computer with that enormous stick up your ass?

My sense of humor is pretty tastless anyways. See my comments on Anal Cunt in the Now Playing thread for examples.

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh Christ. How are you even able to sit at a computer with that enormous stick up your ass?

My sense of humor is pretty tastless anyways. See my comments on Anal Cunt in the Now Playing thread for examples.
those titles were awesome....i dont care what anybody says

ADD
01-18-2007, 07:02 PM

I thought a few of them were pretty low, but some were hilarious.

JRA
01-18-2007, 07:03 PM

:wtf:

powerslave_85
01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Qwantz is so fucking brilliant.

JRA
01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I thought a few of them were pretty low, but some were hilarious.

I Snuck A Retard Into A Sperm Bank

:fist:

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM

best one :party:

ADD
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM

That one was funny.

SnakeCharmer
01-19-2007, 03:40 AM

Rather than attack a person's "lack of hearing" you should instead come up with the argument of why this album doesn't contain elements that would classify it as a power metal album. To this point you have failed to do that.

SomewhereInTime72
01-25-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/index.php?id=14

I'm posting this so that people will think our list isn't so bad by comparison.

MetalDrummer888
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
1. Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life and Death
- It has grown on me A LOT . . . i fully support its position on the list.

2. Mastodon-Blood Mountain
- i should probably at least listen to song off this album at some point . . .

3. Amon Amarth-With Oden On Our Side
-Amon Amarth are rather boring, and very untalented . . . but they do have some good songs, i find it hard to believe that this albumss cored so highly

4. Queensr˙che-Operation: Mindcrime II
-sucked

5. Blind Guardian-A Twist in the Myth
-this album is the shit. At first i hated it, but i keep discovering more things i love about it. A think in maybe a year it will be my favorite power metal album

6. Edguy-Rocket Ride
-Edguy impress once again, and props for the totally new direction. FUCKING WITH FIRE!!!!

7. I-Between Two Worlds
-This album as a great, rich texture to it, but i would hardly call it interesting . . . except for Storm I Ride and Cursed We Are, which are badass

8. Tool-10,000 Days
-i dont like tool

9. Circle II Circle-Burden of Truth
-wtf is this? if id known some crap like this would have gotten onto the top 10 maybe i would have actually voted!!

10. Slayer-Christ Illusion
-boring

2007 ALBUM OF THE YEAR - TIME (BY WINTERSUN) :rocker: :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
01-25-2007, 09:45 PM
-Amon Amarth are rather boring, and very untalented . . .

:confused: :wtf:

Edit: I too expect Wintersun to be one of the better albums of this year, though. :D

ADD
01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
-Amon Amarth are rather boring, and very untalented . . . but they do have some good songs, i find it hard to believe that this albumss cored so highly

Huh, what?

DethMaiden
01-26-2007, 03:31 AM

:hecho: That one sucks balls. Not one of their writers voted for Blood Mountain.

ChildrenofSodom
01-26-2007, 03:44 AM

are you drunk?

theclansman1114
01-26-2007, 06:32 AM
1. Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life and Death
- It has grown on me A LOT . . . i fully support its position on the list.

2. Mastodon-Blood Mountain
- i should probably at least listen to song off this album at some point . . .

4. Queensr˙che-Operation: Mindcrime II
-sucked

5. Blind Guardian-A Twist in the Myth
-this album is the shit. At first i hated it, but i keep discovering more things i love about it. A think in maybe a year it will be my favorite power metal album

6. Edguy-Rocket Ride
-Edguy impress once again, and props for the totally new direction. FUCKING WITH FIRE!!!!

7. I-Between Two Worlds
-This album as a great, rich texture to it, but i would hardly call it interesting . . . except for Storm I Ride and Cursed We Are, which are badass

8. Tool-10,000 Days
-i dont like tool

9. Circle II Circle-Burden of Truth
-wtf is this? if id known some crap like this would have gotten onto the top 10 maybe i would have actually voted!!

10. Slayer-Christ Illusion
-boring

2007 ALBUM OF THE YEAR - TIME (BY WINTERSUN) :rocker: :rocker:

Yes, the Blind Guardian rocks.
:confused: Have you even listened to the Circle II Circle... it's not crap

zgodt
01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
:hecho: That one sucks balls. Not one of their writers voted for Blood Mountain.
More to the point, their list has Krokus on it. :lol:

SnakeCharmer
01-26-2007, 07:19 PM

Yikes! That's just terrible!