PDA

View Full Version : BLAZE's Band Quits

EvilCheeseWedge
01-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE singer Blaze Bayley has parted ways with the members of his most recent BLAZE touring lineup. The departing members Oliver Palotai (guitar), Luca Princiotta (guitar), Christian Ammann (bass), and Daniel Schild (drums).

- http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64866

Go to the link to read a letter from the band.

So this is the second time his whole band has quit, right? I really like Blaze's solo stuff, but I have to admit, the whole operation seems pretty ridiculous. The line-ups, the sizes of the places he plays at... nobody can be happy in that situation.

I really wonder what the future is for Blaze.

powerslave_85
01-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Doesn't surprise me much, really. I mean, he hasn't done anything resembling a tour in years. I honestly don't hold out much hope for seeing another solo album from him.

Div
01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
:lol: This is too much!

Yoda
01-06-2007, 11:17 PM
This opens the door for Blaze to join forces with Dianno. They can tour the world playing with a different band in each city and play Maiden covers for 4 hours a night to 150 people. I'd go.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
This opens the door for Blaze to join forces with Dianno. They can tour the world playing with a different band in each city and play Maiden covers for 4 hours a night to 150 people. I'd go.
I would go too. :D

EvilCheeseWedge
01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Doesn't surprise me much, really. I mean, he hasn't done anything resembling a tour in years. I honestly don't hold out much hope for seeing another solo album from him.
Me neither. I can't blame his band either. I don't know if those guys work day jobs or not, but, well, they probably have to. I think it's pretty obvious Blaze's career as a musician has peaked. Not really sure what I'd do in his situation.

Div
01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I thought Dianno hates Blaze :confused:

Yoda
01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
I thought Dianno hates Blaze :confused:

They performed together a few years back. Dianno doesn't seem to really hate anyone (except maybe his four or five ex-wives). He just like to say funny things.

SomewhereInTime72
01-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I wonder what now for the messiah.

Yoda
01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Me neither. I can't blame his band either. I don't know if those guys work day jobs or not, but, well, they probably have to. I think it's pretty obvious Blaze's career as a musician has peaked. Not really sure what I'd do in his situation.

I've read Blaze is about to get married. Things can't be going that badly for him. He was a complete chemically-dependent mess a couple years back.

His band was made of people from various countries with little connection to him who play in a bunch of bands simultaneoulsy and probably work day jobs as well. It was always kind of iffy.

While the sudden nature of this is weird, I do suspect he'll eventually get another album together. Based on his earlier releases, I expect it will be good.

I must add that it's REALLY weird that nothing of this is on planetblaze.

EvilCheeseWedge
01-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I've read Blaze is about to get married. Things can't be going that badly for him. He was a complete chemically-dependent mess a couple years back.

His band was made of people from various countries with little connection to him who play in a bunch of bands simultaneoulsy and probably work day jobs as well. It was always kind of iffy.

While the sudden nature of this is weird, I do suspect he'll eventually get another album together. Based on his earlier releases, I expect it will be good.

I must add that it's REALLY weird that nothing of this is on planetblaze.
Oh yeah, I'm sure things are fine for him personally. Professionally though, it has to be tough.

Ah, I didn't know if his band was full-time part of Blaze or not.

Definitely, I really like the Blaze solo albums. And the new song that was leaked however long ago was pretty cool.

es156
01-07-2007, 08:29 AM
This news gives Blaze a headache.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/es156/Blaze/Headache.jpg

Spiral_Slave
01-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Wow, this really sucks. I guess we'll have to wait even longer now for a new BLAZE album.

es156
01-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Wow, this really sucks. I guess we'll have to wait even longer now for a new BLAZE album.

Yeah, the article says that the new songs are mostly finished, but this will probably delay things. Unless he already has a new band picked out and the old band was just the last to know. You know how it goes when your girlfriend is going out with someone else you are usually the last to know!

JRA
01-07-2007, 09:06 AM
This news gives Blaze a headache.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/es156/Blaze/Headache.jpg

:lol:

That was priceless.

Yoda
01-07-2007, 09:07 AM
A message from Blaze from planetblaze......

"Dear friends and fans.

Some of you may be worried about rumours that I am dead. I am not dead.
Some of you may have heard that BLAZE the band is finished. It is just beginning.

There are inevitable changes in life. We have all been subjected to and endured changes that we didn't want but most of us know that without change there cannot be growth. For things to grow they need strong roots to keep them in the ground so that when the big storms of life come they can survive and are not taken by the wind. A tall building must have a strong foundations so it can stand and be unaffected by the changing seasons of this world, so it is with everything and so it is with my band.

My roots have been metal music. My foundations have been the loyal fans and friends and family that have stood by me and made me keep believing in the dream I started with, no man could ask for better support.

I will see some of you in Poland at the Metalmania Festival on 24th March. There I will be with the greatest BLAZE band ever, there I will play the greatest show of my life. All is written.

BB "

:eyes:

Yoda
01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I wonder if that means he's getting the original guys back together. That would be a good thing.

es156
01-07-2007, 09:19 AM
I wonder if that means he's getting the original guys back together. That would be a good thing.

Hmm. Now that is an interesting thought.

SomewhereInTime72
01-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Maiden are gonna be his backup band. :eyes:

iggyb387
01-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Maiden are gonna be his backup band. :eyes:

I'd hit that in 5/8.

Yoda
01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Speaking of Paul, I'm currently listening to his rendition of Symphony of Destruction (yes, that Symphony of Destrcution). Can't help but think of this picture and imagine the possibilities for him and Blaze......

SirLardsAlot
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
DAMNIT! :bouville:

ADD
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Blaze seems like too strong an individual not to continue in some way with his band. I just can't imagine him not doing something with music.

Yoda
01-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Blaze seems like too strong an individual not to continue in some way with his band. I just can't imagine him not doing something with music.

I agree. From what I've read about Blaze over the years, my impression is that he has a little bit of money stored away and/or coming in monthly. Not a lot, but enough to keep food on a modest table so to speak. Thus, I don't think he needs a day job to survive and doesn't seem to have much else he wants in life besides making music.

Maiden33
01-07-2007, 04:22 PM

That'd be sweet. I could definately go for that low-profile vibe... kinda like seeing McBrain Damage back in September 2004... at which I met Nicko.

ADD
01-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I agree. From what I've read about Blaze over the years, my impression is that he has a little bit of money stored away and/or coming in monthly. Not a lot, but enough to keep food on a modest table so to speak. Thus, I don't think he needs a day job to survive and doesn't seem to have much else he wants in life besides making music.
Maiden royalties?

Yoda
01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Maiden royalties?

Probably.

ADD
01-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Probably.
Makes perfect sense.

JRA
01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Makes perfect sense.