PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Metal Band Semi-final

sneakbobcat
12-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Anthrax vs Iron Maiden

Dio vs Black Sabbath

I'm going to have to think about this one. :party: All go, I'll take results at the weekend

ChildrenofSodom
12-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Iron Maiden
DIO

SomewhereInTime72
12-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath

:D

es156
12-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Anthrax vs Iron Maiden

Dio vs Black Sabbath

ChildrenofSodom
12-27-2006, 03:49 PM
eh..sabbath have done more for the genre, but Dio is Dio

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Anthrax

Black Sabbath (ALL ERAS)

ADD
12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Sabbath and Maiden

Div
12-27-2006, 05:08 PM
sabbath (the dio years) & maiden

DethMaiden
12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath

Sorry Ronnie.

Maiden33
12-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Iron Maiden
Dio

iggyb387
12-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Iron Maiden
Dio

ChildrenofSodom
12-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Iron Maiden
Dio

god bless you sir

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-27-2006, 08:51 PM
...IN THE REAL WORLD, BLACK SABBATH WOULD WIN.

BUT WE HAVE A LOT OF MAIDEN FAN BOYS THAT CANT SEE THE TRUTH.(BLACK SABBATH INVENTED HEAVY METAL,
SABBATH(w/ ozzY) SELLS OUT MORE ARENAS ALL OVER THE GLOBE, SABBATH HAS MORE FANS
AND HAS INFLUENCED MORE BANDS THAN IRON MAIDEN!)

WE ALL KNOW IRON MAIDEN WILL WIN CUZ THIS BB IS FILLED WITH IRON MAIDEN FAN BOYZ.
AND THATS FINE WITH ME BUT REMEMBER WHEN YOU LOG OFF YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD AND IN THE REAL WORLD
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OZZY'S WIFE DID AT OZZFEST OR WHAT SHE DOES WITH HER PERSONAL LIFE,BLACK SABBATH IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MECA OF METAL.

http://obeast.ubermetal.com/Pics/Sabbath.JPG

ADD
12-27-2006, 09:47 PM

BUT WE HAVE A LOT OF MAIDEN FAN BOYS THAT CANT SEE THE TRUTH.(BLACK SABBATH INVENTED HEAVY METAL,
SABBATH(w/ ozzY) SELLS OUT MORE ARENAS ALL OVER THE GLOBE, SABBATH HAS MORE FANS

WE ALL KNOW IRON MAIDEN WILL WIN CUZ THIS BB IS FILLED WITH IRON MAIDEN FAN BOYZ.
AND THATS FINE WITH ME BUT REMEMBER WHEN YOU LOG OFF YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD AND IN THE REAL WORLD
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OZZY'S WIFE DID AT OZZFEST OR WHAT SHE DOES WITH HER PERSONAL LIFE,BLACK SABBATH IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MECA OF METAL.

:wtf:

:realchug: ----> :hecho:

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
:wtf:

:realchug: ----> :hecho:

DUDE.

IM NOT DRUNK!

Yoda
12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
I vote for Rainbow.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-27-2006, 11:30 PM
I vote for Rainbow.
Rainbow KICKS ASS!

Yoda
12-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Rainbow KICKS ASS!

I'd vote for them over Iron Maiden or Anthrax.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-27-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd vote for them over Iron Maiden or Anthrax.

I EVEN LIKE THE Joe Lynn Turner ERA!,

sneakbobcat
12-28-2006, 02:24 AM

somebody's trying to convince us to vote for Sabbath over Iron Maiden :tongue:

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

PowerMaiden
12-28-2006, 05:12 AM

in the real world , nobody would vote for Anthrax over Maiden dude

my votes for this round goes to:

Iron Maiden & Black Sabbath

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

tmactaggart
12-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Anthrax
Sabbath

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-28-2006, 05:17 PM
in the real world , nobody would vote for Anthrax over Maiden dude

I KNOW I WAS JUST GIVING MAIDEN FAN BOYZ A HARDTIME.
:cool:

JRA
12-28-2006, 05:55 PM

1) Edit: Anybody, be it Maiden fan or not, who connects Black Sabbath with the egging incident is in idiot, plain and simple.

2) I put Iron Maiden over Black Sabbath for a couple of reasons. The first of which, is that Maiden put out 7 great albums in a row, where as Sabbath only put out 4 (I know, Sabotoge and the Dio era came afterwords, but I'm talking about consistency here). Second of all, yea Sabbath created the sound of metal, but they didn't exactly have their sound fully realized straight away. There's a lot of random filler/sound effect crap that can still be found on their albums. Then of course there's the musician ship factor. Now, Tony Iommi is the riff god. Not just of metal, but of rock. Page, Hendrix, Perry, and countless others don't hold a candle to him in the riff department. But that's about all Black Sabbath has on Iron Maiden (well, that and Dio, but hey!). Bruce, Nicko, & Steve, I believe are all superior to their counterparts in Sabbath in terms of musicianship. Then there's influence. Well, Sabbath has been around longer than Maiden has, and I'm pretty sure no member of Maiden would say that Black Sabbath didn't have a direct influence on them, but a part of me thinks that Sabbath's influence over the years is slightly channeled (i.e. Influnetial bands who were also influenced by Sabbath). But I'll still conceed that Sabbath's influence is higher than Maiden's but not by much. Finally, when Iron Maiden reunited to make new music, we got arguably the best album of 2000: Brave New World. But when the Ozzy line up of Sabbath got back together to make new music, we got Psycho Man and Selling My Soul, which were fun for about an hour, at best.

One other thing, I think the reason Sabbath has been "selling out arenas" so much recently is because the only tour they've been doing is Ozzfest. I'd like to see how the "Heaven & Hell" tour does before talking about Black Sabbath's current "packing power."

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2006, 06:14 PM
^^^^^
Bravo!!

Yoda
12-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I'd like to see how the "Heaven & Hell" tour does before talking about Black Sabbath's current "packing power."

Two issues with this. One is that Ozzy is more popular than RJD. Thus, they have little chance of packing arenas as Ozzy does. Two, they are using a name that is relatively unknown. Their success will hinge upon how well they can let the public know who they are in time to buy tics. My suspicion is that H&H shows will look a lot like a Priest or Maiden audience in N. America when all is said and done. But who knows. If their new tunes are really good and they get record company backing for radio play, anything can happen.

JRA
12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Two issues with this. One is that Ozzy is more popular than RJD. Thus, they have little chance of packing arenas as Ozzy does. Two, they are using a name that is relatively unknown. Their success will hinge upon how well they can let the public know who they are in time to buy tics. My suspicion is that H&H shows will look a lot like a Priest or Maiden audience in N. America when all is said and done. But who knows. If their new tunes are really good and they get record company backing for radio play, anything can happen.

For the sake of argument, I would also like to see how an Ozzy show with Sabbath would do without Ozzfest. It would probably do well, but how well.

Div
12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
I dunno about Ozzy, the mans so burnt out from all the drugs he can barely speak clearly, and his singing was always nasaly and whiney if you ask me. Without his wife telling him what to do theres no way his career would have gone as far as it did, and most of his current popularity comes from his name and not his music.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-28-2006, 06:35 PM
For the sake of argument, I would also like to see how an Ozzy show with Sabbath would do without Ozzfest. It would probably do well, but how well.SABBATH W/ OZZY SHOWS DO VERY WELL IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD.

SABBATH (w/ozzY) SELLS MORE CONCERT TICKETS THAN IRON MAIDEN,JUDAS PRIEST OR SLAYER IN AMERICA.

Yoda
12-28-2006, 06:37 PM
For the sake of argument, I would also like to see how an Ozzy show with Sabbath would do without Ozzfest. It would probably do well, but how well.

I don't know about today, but they did very well when I saw them in the late 90's. Packed arenas in LA and Vegas.

JRA
12-28-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't know about today, but they did very well when I saw them in the late 90's. Packed arenas in LA and Vegas.

Well that was more or less right after the reunion, now its about 9 or so years later.:cool:

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-28-2006, 06:43 PM
, Tony Iommi is the riff god. Not just of metal, but of rock. ,
THAT ALONE MAKES SABBATH #1.

JRA
12-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Without his wife telling him what to do theres no way his career would have gone as far as it did, and most of his current popularity comes from his name and not his music.

This is me.:)

This is my heart everytime I acknowledge this truth. :headoff:

JRA
12-28-2006, 06:46 PM
THAT ALONE MAKES SABBATH #1.

Enh. Neil Peart is the drum God. That doesn't make Rush #1.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
:) :cool: Well that was more or less right after the reunion, now its about 9 or so years later.:cool:

80% (OR MORE)
OF THE PEOPLE THAT GO TO OZZFEST GO TO SEE BLACK SABBATH.

ASK PAVO OR ALLAN.

JRA
12-28-2006, 06:48 PM
:) :cool:

80% (OR MORE)
OF THE PEOPLE THAT GO TO OZZFEST GO TO SEE BLACK SABBATH.

ASK PAVO OR ALLAN.

True. But I'm also speaking out of personal preference.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Enh. Neil Peart is the drum God. That doesn't make Rush #1.NO THIS IS THE REAL DRUM GOD.

:)

http://www.vistalites.com/legends/Bonham3.JPG

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
:yawn:

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.drummerworld.com/pics/drum/dpa11/DaveLombardoBB.jpg

Yoda
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Well that was more or less right after the reunion, now its about 9 or so years later.:cool:

It was relatively close. They had toured the USA in mid-97 on Ozzfest. I saw them twice in January of 99 as a headlining act.

Spiral_Slave
12-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Iron Maiden

Dio

I can't believe Anthrax made it this far. :hecho:

PowerMaiden
12-28-2006, 07:50 PM
SABBATH W/ OZZY SHOWS DO VERY WELL IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD.

SABBATH (w/ozzY) SELLS MORE CONCERT TICKETS THAN IRON MAIDEN,JUDAS PRIEST OR SLAYER IN AMERICA.

not in the province of Québec (Québec city & Montreal), of course we are not in the U.S.A. but Québec is the north american land of Iron Maiden

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
NO THIS IS THE REAL DRUM GOD.

:)

http://www.vistalites.com/legends/Bonham3.JPG

Agree with you
on this one
C
PM

ChildrenofSodom
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
if Oscar wants to preach about Sabbath in his drunken elitist fits, then let him....

After all, Oscar is da man! :realchug:

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Agree with you
on this one
C
PM
:party:

DreamEvil001
12-29-2006, 08:54 PM
I can't believe Anthrax made it this far. :hecho:

I know :hecho:

not to rag on you sneakbobcat, but this setup is all fucked up. unlucky pairs end in shitty bands like anthrax making it to the semi-finals while real winners like Judas Priest etc. get axed in the second round.

I think we should compile all possible bands for the contest and then have every person rank the bands from 1 to whatever and the band with the least "points", that is to say all their numerical ranks added together, wins and we can see all the bands in a compiled list of their relative greatness.

that said: Iron Maiden
Dio

MetalDrummer888
01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Anthrax vs Iron Maiden

Dio vs Black Sabbath

Wrathchild_84
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath