PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Metal Band Quarter Finals

sneakbobcat
12-23-2006, 05:03 AM
Now we've seen COB dissapear, Along with Heaven & Hell, Led Zeppelin AND Pink Floyd. Now we're down to the final 8. Vote for who you want to win.

Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

:party: I'll count up the votes on Wednesday.

sneakbobcat
12-23-2006, 05:04 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

tmactaggart
12-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

es156
12-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

DethMaiden
12-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

JRA
12-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Dio

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

Anthrax

Angelripper
12-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Now we've seen COB dissapear, Along with Heaven & Hell, Led Zeppelin AND Pink Floyd. Now we're down to the final 8. Vote for who you want to win.

Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

:party: I'll count up the votes on Wednesday.

MetalDrummer888
12-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

edguy is gone :(

SomewhereInTime72
12-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

Pantera has lasted way too long. :hmm:

MetalDrummer888
12-23-2006, 09:13 AM

so has overkill, slayer, and anthrax

Div
12-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Dio

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

Anthrax

Wrathchild_84
12-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Overkill

Iron Maiden

Slayer

Anthrax

ADD
12-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

Maiden33
12-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

MetalDrummer888
12-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Edguy vs Anthrax

YEA!!!!!!

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/ef/47/2e_1.JPG

Maiden33
12-23-2006, 06:23 PM
YEA!!!!!!

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/ef/47/2e_1.JPG

Most definately. Edguy are my 3rd favorite band. I love them to death.

PowerMaiden
12-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Dio

Iron Maiden

Slayer

Anthrax

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
12-23-2006, 06:26 PM

This is true, which is another reason I don't like how this poll was set up. The fact that the bands are paired randomly allowed some bands to walk all over other bands and bands that should've been eliminated to survive. The real way to do this would be to divide the bands into catagories according to subgenre, pairing the power metal bands against the power metal bands, thrash against thrash, etc, and then dealing with it as time progressed.

DethMaiden
12-23-2006, 06:27 PM
This is true, which is another reason I don't like how this poll was set up. The fact that the bands are paired randomly allowed some bands to walk all over other bands and bands that should've been eliminated to survive. The real way to do this would be to divide the bands into catagories according to subgenre, pairing the power metal bands against the power metal bands, thrash against thrash, etc, and then dealing with it as time progressed.

Yeah. Pantera actually should have been excluded from round one.

Maiden33
12-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Yeah, basically.

Get on AIM or AOL or whatever it is you use to talk.

MetalDrummer888
12-23-2006, 07:35 PM

:allan:

JRA
12-23-2006, 07:42 PM

I don't know about that, but they definitely shouldn't have lasted this long.

ChildrenofSodom
12-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

MetalDrummer888
12-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Dio vs Overkill

Iron Maiden vs Pantera

Black Sabbath vs Slayer

Edguy vs Anthrax

DAMN STRAIGHT :party: :party:

edguy is the shit :cool:

sneakbobcat
12-24-2006, 01:23 PM

Im no diggin at ya with this comment, but... you can do it next time ;)

Maiden33
12-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Im no diggin at ya with this comment, but... you can do it next time ;)

Frankly, I'd be happy to. I did one of these back on the old Maiden board, with greater accuracy and success using the method I described.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Black Sabbath

Div
12-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Frankly, I'd be happy to. I did one of these back on the old Maiden board, with greater accuracy and success using the method I described.

I think no matter who does it, and what method, Iron Maiden will still come out on top.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I think no matter who does it, and what method, Iron Maiden will still come out on top.

IN THE REAL WORLD BLACK SABBATH WILL ALWAYS WIN.
(SORRY MAIDEN FANBOYS)

Maiden33
12-25-2006, 07:47 AM

This much is true, and rightfully so, I feel. However, I think the point of this is to determine the bands as the rank in behind Maiden.

Perhaps we should do it again but not allow Maiden to be nominated?

JRA
12-25-2006, 08:51 AM

Definitely

sneakbobcat
12-25-2006, 11:15 AM
This much is true, and rightfully so, I feel. However, I think the point of this is to determine the bands as the rank in behind Maiden.

Go for it. Or Would you rather i did. I'm getting the impresion you don't like the way i do it.

DethMaiden
12-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Go for it. Or Would you rather i did. I'm getting the impresion you don't like the way i do it.

I thought it was good fun, but not necessarily a very good representation of people's favorite metal bands. I'd say don't allow people to nominate non-metal, no more of that "if you think it's metal then it is" nonsense, and don't include Maiden, and maybe even break it down to subgenres.

Div
12-25-2006, 12:02 PM

Id say do one for each category; thrash, power metal, classic, death, etc. of course then people will argue over what band should be in what category, so just use metal archives for that. You could start off asking for everyones top 10 bands in each, or maybe top 5, i dunno. then at the end you can re list all the bands in whatever position they were ranked. and if enough ppl wanna nominate maiden then go for it, we can still see who ranks under them in what order.

sneakbobcat
12-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Tell you what then. Somebody make a thread listing all the metal bands into Genres and we will debate in that thread which one are right and which should be included and then once this one is finnished, hopefully it will have been resolved which bands we're including.
And then I'll sort it out from there? Or someone else if they'd prefer.

DethMaiden
12-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Tell you what then. Somebody make a thread listing all the metal bands into Genres and we will debate in that thread which one are right and which should be included and then once this one is finnished, hopefully it will have been resolved which bands we're including.
And then I'll sort it out from there? Or someone else if they'd prefer.

I'll work on it.

Maiden33
12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
It's unfair to do this by genre.

Especially if each band faces the other bands of its genre and then is ultimately polled against others... because, hypothetically... the 2nd best power metal band could be better than the best thrash band, but no one would know cause the two would never face eachother.

ADD
12-25-2006, 09:05 PM
It's unfair to do this by genre.

Especially if each band faces the other bands of its genre and then is ultimately polled against others... because, hypothetically... the 2nd best power metal band could be better than the best thrash band, but no one would know cause the two would never face eachother.
Yeah. This is a tough thing to do properly.

sneakbobcat
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
ok i've taken the results