PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAIDEN To Play Dubai In March 2007

ADD
12-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64132)

IRON MAIDEN has been confirmed as the first headliner of the Desert Rock 2007 festival, set to take place March 9-10, 2007 at the Dubai Country Club in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Also newly added to the bill is LAUREN HARRIS, daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

March 9, 2007:

IRON MAIDEN
THE PRODIGY
STONE SOUR
MASTODON
IN FLAMES
CHILDREN OF BODOM
LAUREN HARRIS
JUNKYARD GROOVE (Winners of the Battle to Desert Rock)

March 10, 2007:

INCUBUS
PRIME CIRCLE

More bands for the second day will be announced soon.

JRA
12-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Iron Maiden + Mastodon + Children Of Bodom = FUCK YEAH!!!!

ADD
12-20-2006, 09:41 PM
No, not that. The fact that we have CONFIRMED Maiden date for next year is enough, and in a part of the world they haven't played before?! Fuck yeah :metal:

hot_turkey_ed
12-20-2006, 09:42 PM

ES156 and I had the pleasure of Maiden & Mastodon in Denver for their Ozzfest offdate gig.... :tongue:

ADD
12-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Alright, this coupled with Bruce's hint at a Euro festival is sign enough that Maiden will be in action next year. Any bets as to whether or not we'll be getting some U.S. Of friggin' A dates?

JRA
12-20-2006, 09:43 PM
ES156 had the pleasure of Maiden & Mastodon in Denver for their Ozzfest offdate gig.... :tongue:

Oh yeah, that's right. They did that didn't they.

MetalDrummer888
12-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Alright, this coupled with Bruce's hint at a Euro festival is sign enough that Maiden will be in action next year. Any bets as to whether or not we'll be getting some U.S. Of friggin' A dates?

i hope so

i also hope maiden doesnt get killed by some crazy suicide bomber :eyes:

hot_turkey_ed
12-20-2006, 09:53 PM

There will be at least one California date... probably down South. That's my bet.

ADD
12-20-2006, 10:56 PM
There will be at least one California date... probably down South. That's my bet.
Let's hope you're right :party:

SomewhereInTime72
12-21-2006, 09:49 AM

That would be awesome. :party:

SnakeCharmer
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM

I agree with you. :party:

es156
12-24-2006, 07:41 PM
ES156 and I had the pleasure of Maiden & Mastodon in Denver for their Ozzfest offdate gig.... :tongue:

And it was awesome!!!

:rocker: :horns: :blaze: :rockdevil

Div
12-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I thought they were doing a "Golden Years" (powerslave through fotd) tour in 07/08 ?

es156
12-24-2006, 08:00 PM
I thought they were doing a "Golden Years" (powerslave through fotd) tour in 07/08 ?

The last I heard it was more likely going to be 2008.

JRA
12-24-2006, 08:13 PM
The last I heard it was more likely going to be 2008.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Fe Maiden
12-25-2006, 07:25 AM
There will be at least one California date... probably down South. That's my bet.Keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Fe Maiden
12-25-2006, 07:26 AM
And it was awesome!!!

:rocker: :horns: :blaze: :rockdevilAnd we got to hear Where Eagles Dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!:horns:

es156
12-25-2006, 08:32 AM
And we got to hear Where Eagles Dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!:horns:

Which was probably worth the trip all by itself! :rocker:

But we also got to hear Prowler, Another Life, Drifter, and Remember Tomorrow, which are all songs that I thought I would never get to see live. Too bad you weren't in the pit with us. It was a blast. I think Ed sold an extra pit ticket right before the show. If we had known you were there, it could have been yours.

Fe Maiden
12-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Which was probably worth the trip all by itself! :rocker:

But we also got to hear Prowler, Another Life, Drifter, and Remember Tomorrow, which are all songs that I thought I would never get to see live. Too bad you weren't in the pit with us. It was a blast. I think Ed sold an extra pit ticket right before the show. If we had known you were there, it could have been yours.Where Eagles Dare is my favorite Maiden song due to the fact it is the opening song of the concert on World Piece Tour when I first saw Maiden live in '83:eyes: I was with a couple of friends at the Denver show so 1 pit ticket would not have worked anyways! I would not want to have left them since they bought my ticket in the first place. I had a good location in the seats!!!

ADD
12-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Where Eagles Dare is my favorite Maiden song due to the fact it is the opening song of the concert on World Piece Tour when I first saw Maiden live in '83:eyes: I was with a couple of friends at the Denver show so 1 pit ticket would not have worked anyways! I would not want to have left them since they bought my ticket in the first place. I had a good location in the seats!!!
I kid you not when I said that I would donate a kidney to see Where Eagles Dare live :party:

SomewhereInTime72
12-29-2006, 10:27 PM
I kid you not when I said that I would donate a kidney to see Where Eagles Dare live :party:

The word choice of "kid" with "kidney" made me chuckle quite a bit. :D

ADD
12-29-2006, 10:47 PM
The word choice of "kid" with "kidney" made me chuckle quite a bit. :D
;)

Fe Maiden
12-30-2006, 09:04 AM
I kid you not when I said that I would donate a kidney to see Where Eagles Dare live :party:It would almost be worth it too:D