PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Metal Band Round 3

sneakbobcat
12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Now it's time for the third Round. System Of A Down, ACDC and Judas Priest gone. It's coming close to the end. Who will make the last 8?
You Decide.

Black Sabbath vs Motorhead

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Children Of Bodom vs Edguy

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

Personally I found these pairings to be the toughest of them all. It's just cruel. But, there can only be one winner. And my favourite Tool are now gone :(.

sneakbobcat
12-20-2006, 11:18 AM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

tmactaggart
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

ADD
12-20-2006, 11:50 AM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

zgodt
12-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

JRA
12-20-2006, 11:56 AM
These are some wack ass pairings.

Black Sabbath

Dio

Iron Maiden

Children of Bodom

Pantera

Overkill

Slayer

Anthrax

Div
12-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Motorhead

Dio

Iron Maiden

Edguy

Pink Floyd

Overkill

King Diamond

Anthrax

zanthir
12-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Where's Stratovarious and Queensryche?

Motorhead

Dio

Iron Maiden

Edguy

Pantera

Overkill

King Diamond

Anthrax

Wrathchild_84
12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Motorhead

Dio

Iron Maiden

Edguy

Pink Floyd

Overkill

Slayer

Anthrax

PowerMaiden
12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Black Sabbath

Led Zeppelin

Iron Maiden

Children Of Bodom

Pink Floyd

Helloween

Slayer

Anthrax

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm very surprise COB are still there, I've missed a few rounds

... and Edguy, c'mon boys their the lamest band ever imho.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden
12-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

Spiral_Slave
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Since when are Zeppelin and Floyd metal? :confused:

ChildrenofSodom
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

SomewhereInTime72
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

Div
12-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Bodom is finished! :lol:

es156
12-20-2006, 04:54 PM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

es156
12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Bodom is finished! :lol:

They probably would not have beaten AC/DC except for the fact that he added that one in after a lot of people had already voted.

Maiden33
12-20-2006, 06:31 PM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

Angelripper
12-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Now it's time for the third Round. System Of A Down, ACDC and Judas Priest gone. It's coming close to the end. Who will make the last 8?
You Decide.

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

Personally I found these pairings to be the toughest of them all. It's just cruel. But, there can only be one winner. And my favourite Tool are now gone :(.

Maiden33
12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Since when are Zeppelin and Floyd metal? :confused:

They're not. Neither were ACDC... This board is notorious for contradicting it's own name. I've never seen a board so much like this one in the respect that "METAL" is in the title of it, but yet the people who don't really like metal tend to think of themselves as elitists over those that do.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 01:37 PM
They're not. Neither were ACDC... This board is notorious for contradicting it's own name. I've never seen a board so much like this one in the respect that "METAL" is in the title of it, but yet the people who don't really like metal tend to think of themselves as elitists over those that do.

tr00th

DethMaiden
12-21-2006, 01:47 PM

That hurt just a little. I really do like metal, it just isn't the only thing I listen to. I think the real elitists are those who listen to mostly metal and think it's geigh when people listen to stuff that's a bit softer.

Maiden33
12-21-2006, 02:24 PM
That hurt just a little. I really do like metal, it just isn't the only thing I listen to. I think the real elitists are those who listen to mostly metal and think it's geigh when people listen to stuff that's a bit softer.

I see what you mean, though I'd rather talk to people who are into the whole Manowar metal machismo "all men play on 10" stuff than the guys that can only enjoy their favorite bands when theyre high or tripping on acid.

Div
12-21-2006, 02:34 PM
I see what you mean, though I'd rather talk to people who are into the whole Manowar metal machismo "all men play on 10" stuff than the guys that can only enjoy their favorite bands when theyre high or tripping on acid.

Hello friend :)

DethMaiden
12-21-2006, 02:58 PM

Well, I've never done one drug in my life, and I can still "get" Floyd or Yes or whoever you were taking a stab at.

SomewhereInTime72
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, I've never done one drug in my life.

Do the headaches go away on their own? :tongue:

DethMaiden
12-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Do the headaches go away on their own? :tongue:

;) Illegal, I should say, considering I'm actually a drug addict:

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/mountain_dew.jpg

MetalDrummer888
12-21-2006, 04:55 PM

Led Zeppelin vs Dio

Megadeth vs Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd vs Pantera

Helloween vs Overkill

Slayer vs King Diamond

Heaven & Hell vs Anthrax

MetalDrummer888
12-21-2006, 05:00 PM
the bodom vs edguy was the hardest . . . but in the end i gave it to edguy because their new stuff is still fresh and original while bodom's recent stuff sucks hard

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
yet the people who don't really like metal tend to think of themselves as elitists over those that do.

:wtf: :hecho: There isn't a single person on here I can think of that "doesn't really like metal." I'm totally confused.

Maybe just because not everyone has such a short range of taste :rolleyes: "Let's see here, from Pink Floyd to Slayer, right on!"

Or wait, "Dragonforce to Manticora", now that's broad for ya :lol: Yeah, real shocker that people like A LOT of non-metal, myself definitely included.

Let's break it down like this, looking at just my iTunes and how I separate genres:

"Ambient"- 8 artists
"Folk"- 8 artists
"Hardcore/Punk"- 14 artists
"Jazz"- 2 artists
"Latin"- 1 artist
"Metal"- 292 artists
"Progressive"- 66 artists
"Rock"- 229 artists

So, as I assume you were referring to me and Brad in that post, I hope you realize that the vast majority of music I listen to is indeed metal, but that it's practically NECESSARY to listen to other stuff too.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:22 PM
:wtf: :hecho: There isn't a single person on here I can think of that "doesn't really like metal." I'm totally confused.

Maybe just because not everyone has such a short range of taste :rolleyes: "Let's see here, from Pink Floyd to Slayer, right on!"

Or wait, "Dragonforce to Manticora" :lol:

I see what you are saying, but this is a metal board, and it seems certain people like to talk about how 'totally awesome' bands like Tool and Pink Floyd are. I know you, Addi, talk about your tastes in non-metal while mocking me for listening to Kataklysm and In Flames (which are 10x more metal than Tool or Phish or whatever you hipsters listen to today)

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
So, as I assume you were referring to me and Brad in that post, I hope you realize that the vast majority of music I listen to is indeed metal, but that it's practically NECESSARY to listen to other stuff too.

I get pissed off when you say how cool certain non-metal bands are while insulting other bands that ARE metal and calling me untrue.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I see what you are saying, but this is a metal board, and it seems certain people like to talk about how 'totally awesome' bands like Tool and Pink Floyd are. I know you, Addi, talk about your tastes in non-metal while mocking me for listening to Kataklysm and In Flames (which are 10x more metal than Tool or Phish or whatever you hipsters listen to today)

If you listened to more good metal I wouldn't mock you :cool: How the music is classified doesn't really matter, it only matters whether I (or you, or whoever) likes it or not. That's the bottom line. So maybe I like Tool and Pink Floyd a lot (alright, a hell of a lot) more than Kataklysm and In Flames. And that matters why? :lol:

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:26 PM
I get pissed off when you say how cool certain non-metal bands are while insulting other bands that ARE metal and calling me untrue.

I'd say someone who follows their own path and decides to listen to some "hippy shit" like Lamp Of The Universe or something is more true than someone who listens to Trivium because they're "metal". Unless you truly like Trivium, in which place I merely feel pity :D

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
If you listened to more good metal I wouldn't mock you :cool: How the music is classified doesn't really matter, it only matters whether I (or you, or whoever) likes it or not. That's the bottom line. So maybe I like Tool and Pink Floyd a lot (alright, a hell of a lot) more than Kataklysm and In Flames. And that matters why? :lol:

Because you express your love for Tool and Pink Floyd in such a pompous and pretentious way, that you frequently insist on mocking the bands that other people like. (IE: In Flames, Katakylsm)

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Because you express your love for Tool and Pink Floyd in such a pompous and pretentious way, that you frequently insist on mocking the bands that other people like. (IE: In Flames, Katakylsm)

Pompous maybe, but I don't understand how I can express love for something in a pretentious way :eyes: :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I'd say someone who follows their own path and decides to listen to some "hippy shit" like Lamp Of The Universe or something is more true than someone who listens to Trivium because they're "metal". Unless you truly like Trivium, in which place I merely feel pity :D

I dont listen to Trivium, and assuming that I do just proves my point: that you look down upon anyone that doesnt like the same bands as you (such as metalcore)

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
I dont listen to Trivium, and assuming that I do just proves my point: that you look down upon anyone that doesnt like the same bands as you (such as metalcore)

I meant "you" as in just someone else ("If one likes Trivium...."). And yeah, well apparently you do the same.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Pompous maybe, but I don't understand how I can express love for something in a pretentious way :eyes: :lol:

because you and Brad always preach about how music is better than every other medium/feeling.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:30 PM
I meant "you" as in just someone else ("If one likes Trivium...."). And yeah, well apparently you do the same.

I dont assume you listen to every band in a specific genre.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
because you and Brad always preach about how music is better than every other medium/feeling.

And we always say that's our opinion, that's how WE feel about it. This is an opinion board, duh.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I dont assume you listen to every band in a specific genre.

That'd be just about impossible, I don't think anyone can :lol:

Although, in certain genres that shall remain unnamed, once you've heard one band you've just about heard 'em all :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:34 PM
And we always say that's our opinion, that's how WE feel about it. This is an opinion board, duh.

pretentious....."OMFG....I just sat down in my room with my lights off, took off all my close, coated myself in strawberry jam, popped in 10,000 Days, put on the 3-D glasses, and had a field day with the lyrics."

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:34 PM
That'd be just about impossible, I don't think anyone can :lol:

Although, in certain genres that shall remain unnamed, once you've heard one band you've just about heard 'em all :cool:

such as?

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
pretentious....."OMFG....I just sat down in my room with my lights off, took off all my close, coated myself in strawberry jam, popped in 10,000 Days, put on the 3-D glasses, and had a field day with the lyrics."

When you can find where I wrote anything remotely similar to that, you win. Learning to spell might help you too.

Besides, I don't find anything wrong with listening to an album with the lights off. Not really seeing the connection there. And trying to view 3-D glasses in the dark would be interesting :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
When you can find where I wrote anything remotely similar to that, you win. Learning to spell might help you too.

Besides, I don't find anything wrong with listening to an album with the lights off. Not really seeing the connection there. And trying to view 3-D glasses in the dark would be interesting :lol:

i was poking fun, not submitting a work of literature for state boards.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
such as?

The usual suspects. Although I admit that a lot of the post-rock/sludge/hardcore/prog stuff that I love is getting to be a little samey nowadays. I guess you can put up with it if you like the stuff in the first place.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:39 PM
i was poking fun, not submitting a work of literature for state boards.

Ok :lol: But it doesn't help you when you're trying to prove a point.

ChildrenofSodom
The usual suspects. Although I admit that a lot of the post-rock/sludge/hardcore/prog stuff that I love is getting to be a little samey nowadays. I guess you can put up with it if you like the stuff in the first place.

Who are the usual suspects?

ADD
Who are the usual suspects?
Metalcore, melodic death metal, goth metal, epic power metal, etc.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Note that every genre obviously has a core of the "generic" bands of the particular style, but these are among the genres (IN MY OPINION) that carry the least variety.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Metalcore, melodic death metal, goth metal, epic power metal, etc.

Okay...alot of Indie bands sound the same.....

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Note that every genre obviously has a core of the "generic" bands of the particular style, but these are among the genres (IN MY OPINION) that carry the least variety.

Shadows Fall dont sound like every other melodic death/core band...

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Shadows Fall dont sound like every other melodic death/core band...
And indeed they are an exception :) Not that they are quite far removed....but I do like them, more or less.

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Okay...alot of Indie bands sound the same.....

Any examples to support your statement?

And by "indie", what the fuck are you talking about? :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Any examples to support your statement?

And by "indie", what the fuck are you talking about? :lol:

most hippy/hipster bands

ADD
12-21-2006, 05:49 PM
most hippy/hipster bands
Some names might be nice, instead of generalizations :lol: You don't even name a fucking genre. Perhaps "hipster/hippy" just qualifies as anything you don't like.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Some names might be nice, instead of generalizations :lol: You don't even name a fucking genre. Perhaps "hipster/hippy" just qualifies as anything you don't like.

Of Brothers and the Bear, The Decemberists, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, etc...all those bands sound the same to me.

SomewhereInTime72
12-21-2006, 06:17 PM

This part made me LMAO. :tongue:
Of Brothers and the Bear, The Decemberists, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, etc...all those bands sound the same to me.
The Decemberists are incredibly generic and boring and not even "indie" anymore, as theyre on a major label. They're one of "those" bands.

ChildrenofSodom
12-21-2006, 06:31 PM
The Decemberists are incredibly generic and boring and not even "indie" anymore, as theyre on a major label. They're one of "those" bands.

but hipsters still listen to them.

ADD
12-21-2006, 07:49 PM

I have never even HEARD of anyone of those bands :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But judging by their names alone, they sound absolutely ridiculous.

Maiden33
12-21-2006, 08:04 PM

Or wait, "Dragonforce to Manticora", now that's broad for ya :lol: Yeah, real shocker that people like A LOT of non-metal, myself definitely included.

Let's break it down like this, looking at just my iTunes and how I separate genres:

"Ambient"- 8 artists
"Folk"- 8 artists
"Hardcore/Punk"- 14 artists
"Jazz"- 2 artists
"Latin"- 1 artist
"Metal"- 292 artists
"Progressive"- 66 artists
"Rock"- 229 artists

You seem to be a huge advocate of a view I cannot stand.

I hate people who condemn those for being "too close-minded" just cause they don't constantly rave about the other music they like, or fall one extra genre short of their interests.
Just because you don't ever hear me talk about music that's not metal, does by NO MEANS mean I don't listen to any. Hell, I've become a HUGE classical music nerd over the past 2 years so, and my interests stretch to various other genres as well, I'm on a board titled "metal setlists", keyword there being metal, so when I come here, I'll give you one guess at what I'm expecting to talk about.
All you need to know about me is as follows:
I am open to anything you throw at me, but I have absolutely no plans on listening to it if it doesnt meet standards I have for what I listen to. I have absolutely no motive to listen to music I dislike for one reason or another just so I can meet someone else's standards of being open-minded. I know what I like, and my favorite bands and most-listened to things totally reflect it, which brings me to something else.
I think your biggest problem with me comes from the fact that I'm admittedly a huge power metal freak. I don't have a problem with you not liking the music or me, but you are a big hypocrite for taking the stance you have taken.
If you were as open and broad-minded as you claim, you would've taken the time to realize that by and far, not nearly all power metal meets the stereotypes perplexed about it. While many bands do uphold the traditions of cheesy battle and such, there are just as many bands within the genre that are far from that. I don't have any problem with people that don't like power metal as long as they've given most of it a fair chance and don't pick on it using stereotypes that are more false than true.

ADD
12-21-2006, 08:19 PM
You seem to be a huge advocate of a view I cannot stand.

I hate people who condemn those for being "too close-minded" just cause they don't constantly rave about the other music they like, or fall one extra genre short of their interests.
Just because you don't ever hear me talk about music that's not metal, does by NO MEANS mean I don't listen to any. Hell, I've become a HUGE classical music nerd over the past 2 years so, and my interests stretch to various other genres as well, I'm on a board titled "metal setlists", keyword there being metal, so when I come here, I'll give you one guess at what I'm expecting to talk about.
All you need to know about me is as follows:
I am open to anything you throw at me, but I have absolutely no plans on listening to it if it doesnt meet standards I have for what I listen to. I have absolutely no motive to listen to music I dislike for one reason or another just so I can meet someone else's standards of being open-minded. I know what I like, and my favorite bands and most-listened to things totally reflect it, which brings me to something else.
I think your biggest problem with me comes from the fact that I'm admittedly a huge power metal freak. I don't have a problem with you not liking the music or me, but you are a big hypocrite for taking the stance you have taken.
If you were as open and broad-minded as you claim, you would've taken the time to realize that by and far, not nearly all power metal meets the stereotypes perplexed about it. While many bands do uphold the traditions of cheesy battle and such, there are just as many bands within the genre that are far from that. I don't have any problem with people that don't like power metal as long as they've given most of it a fair chance and don't pick on it using stereotypes that are more false than true.

I don't have ANY problem with you. If you could point to where I insulted you then that'd be great. I was just commenting that yeah, I guess even though this is a "metal" board, its ok to talk about and enjoy other genres too. I don't care that you listen to a lot of power metal, cheesy or not, whatever that doesn't concern me :lol: I've heard all the spectrum of power metal out there so believe me I know that I have informed myself enough to have a valid opinion on it. I just use the stereotypes because they're convienent.

Div
12-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I think theres certain standards you have to have before you can call yourself a fan. If some guy came on here and said "Iron Maiden blows but Cradle of Filth rules" then he would obviously be called a poser and discredited. But if someone came here and said "Iron Maiden rocks and I also like Cradle of Filth" then he obviously has the right taste (eh, for the most part) and people might take what he has to say a bit more seriously.

Div
12-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Thats because Pink Floyd is better than In Flames. You seem like you're glorifying any metal band just because its in the metal genre, despite what kind of talent they have. Stop trying so hard to be "hardcore metalhead", noones gonna say "Oh here comes Cameron, the metal guru, he's so cool" when you walk down the halls at school. (especially when you don't like Manowar)

DethMaiden
12-22-2006, 02:36 AM
I came in way too late, but metal can get very self-parodying, and I'd go crazy if I didn't mix it up with other genres. In fact, if all I listened to was metal, I'd probably lose my faith in the genre for good.

DethMaiden
12-22-2006, 02:38 AM
And anyway, I haven't been making fun of anyone for liking exclusively metal or whatever, so I don't know why Addi and I are taking flak for our tastes being a little less acceptable to the metal community.

sneakbobcat
12-22-2006, 02:58 AM
I agree that someone who is a metalhead, can like other types of music too. With me there aren't all that many but there are a few. It really depends mostly what you define as metal. I agree that ACDC, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin not metal.

It is a bit hypocritical to say you like all metal, or to listen to really heavy stuff for the sake of trying to pose or be cool. It's just not unless you really do enjoy the music. That's my view on things.

JRA
12-22-2006, 05:32 AM
I like you. I like sex.
http://www.liter.kz/files/Borat-flag.jpg

MetalDrummer888
12-22-2006, 07:08 AM
I like you. I like sex.
http://www.liter.kz/files/Borat-flag.jpg

perfect :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
12-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I think theres certain standards you have to have before you can call yourself a fan. If some guy came on here and said "Iron Maiden blows but Cradle of Filth rules" then he would obviously be called a poser and discredited. But if someone came here and said "Iron Maiden rocks and I also like Cradle of Filth" then he obviously has the right taste (eh, for the most part) and people might take what he has to say a bit more seriously.

I listen to Iron Maiden WAY more than I listen to Cradle of Filth, and you still insult me...:eyes:

Div
12-22-2006, 04:14 PM
I listen to Iron Maiden WAY more than I listen to Cradle of Filth, and you still insult me...:eyes:

i wasnt even talking about you there

Maiden33
12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
I came in way too late, but metal can get very self-parodying, and I'd go crazy if I didn't mix it up with other genres. In fact, if all I listened to was metal, I'd probably lose my faith in the genre for good.

I see what you're saying, IF you listen to just one type of metal. You can listen to a variety of metal and get a TON of variety. Not saying you shouldn't listen to anything else, you should, but it's stupid to say that metal has no variety and style difference within it.

powerslave_85
12-22-2006, 07:03 PM
I said this in a different thread, but I still think it's true: You can listen to every variety of metal in existence, but in the end it's still metal. IMO, you can't really say you have broad tastes if that's the case.

Frankly, it's pretty :tp:-inducing when people accuse those who don't listen to metal 24/7 of not being a metalhead. Just because I'm sitting here relaxing with a Regina Spektor album doesn't mean I won't go totally apeshit at a Maiden show, or start spontaneously headbanging whenever I hear Slayer.

PS- Some of you guys are really beating a dead horse with the whole "ADD loves Tool" thing. If you don't knock it off, I'll be forced to divert the attention from him by becoming increasingly vocal in my belief that Sleater-Kinney is better than virtually any band that you listen to, and not only can they be heavier than some metal bands, but they have a guitar duo that puts Downing/Tipton and their ilk to shame.

ADD
12-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I said this in a different thread, but I still think it's true: You can listen to every variety of metal in existence, but in the end it's still metal. IMO, you can't really say you have broad tastes if that's the case.

Frankly, it's pretty :tp:-inducing when people accuse those who don't listen to metal 24/7 of not being a metalhead. Just because I'm sitting here relaxing with a Regina Spektor album doesn't mean I won't go totally apeshit at a Maiden show, or start spontaneously headbanging whenever I hear Slayer.

This is true.

es156
12-22-2006, 07:43 PM
PS- Some of you guys are really beating a dead horse with the whole "ADD loves Tool" thing.

I didn't know ADD listened to Tool?

;)

JRA
12-22-2006, 08:25 PM
PS- Some of you guys are really beating a dead horse with the whole "ADD loves Tool" thing. If you don't knock it off, I'll be forced to divert the attention from him by becoming increasingly vocal in my belief that Sleater-Kinney is better than virtually any band that you listen to, and not only can they be heavier than some metal bands, but they have a guitar duo that puts Downing/Tipton and their ilk to shame.

To be honest, he's calmed down about it lately. (Might have something to do with his newfound distate for his fellow Tool fan :D )

MetalDrummer888
12-22-2006, 08:54 PM
tool blows :clown:

ADD
12-22-2006, 09:03 PM

:lol: :party: Maybe I will get a Sleater-Kinney album now :D

Can you recommend a good one to start with?

ADD
12-22-2006, 09:04 PM
tool blows :clown:

Don't even get me started Mr. I Want Alexi Laiho's Babies :cool:

ADD
12-22-2006, 09:05 PM
To be honest, he's calmed down about it lately. (Might have something to do with his newfound distate for his fellow Tool fan :D )

It's just due to the lack of Tool activity lately. But once the next U.S tour gets goin, look for the 7-day bans to start turning into month-long endeavours :lol:

sneakbobcat
12-23-2006, 04:59 AM
End Of Round 3.