PDA

View Full Version : So Nick...

zgodt
12-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I saw an AFI video last night on the IMF channel's run-down of "year's best" videos. And it was awful. When did they turn into just another crummy wannabe Green-Day-under-the-influence-of-The-Used band?

SirLardsAlot
12-19-2006, 08:35 AM
When did they turn into just another crummy wannabe Green-Day-under-the-influence-of-The-Used band?

When they put out their first album.

<3 Scott

overkiller
12-19-2006, 10:50 AM
I saw an AFI video last night on the IMF channel's run-down of "year's best" videos. And it was awful. When did they turn into just another crummy wannabe Green-Day-under-the-influence-of-The-Used band?

With their newest album. Even Sing the Sorrow has some good parts, the Green Day/Used shit didn't come until this latest crap.

JRA
12-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I've heard precisely one AFI song: Girl's Not Grey. The main riff sounds like a sped up sloppier version of Rainbow In The Dark.

:2cents:

ChildrenofSodom
12-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I've heard precisely one AFI song: Girl's Not Grey. The main riff sounds like a sped up sloppier version of Rainbow In The Dark.

:2cents:

sigh....ripping off Pantera or Slayer in some cases, but no one should ever rip off Dio.

powerslave_85
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Err, I don't know what to tell ya. I still like their new stuff, but I'm probably just a fanboy, I don't know. I thought I might think differently of their new album after a while, but I still find myself listening to it and enjoying it a lot. And, surprisingly, a lot of their die-hard fans like it a lot too *shrugs*.

That said, I'm ridiculously excited to be seeing them in a tiny club in February and meeting some cool motherfuckers from the AFI board.