PDA

View Full Version : Alright, Alright

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
It seems everyone on here likes Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis or any combinations of those, so I am taking a leap of faith and sampling all of them.

I am listen to DSOTM all the way through and The Wall to sample Pink Floyd, and I am going to listen to Presto (Rush.) Any suggestions for sampling the others?

NP:

On the Run
Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd

Fe Maiden
12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
It seems everyone on here likes Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis or any combinations of those, so I am taking a leap of faith and sampling all of them.

I am listen to DSOTM all the way through and The Wall to sample Pink Floyd, and I am going to listen to Presto (Rush.) Any suggestions for sampling the others?

NP:

On the Run
Dark Side of the Moon
Pink FloydPoor choice for a RUSH sample as I would recommend Moving Pictures:drool:

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I forgot, I have Moving Pictures hidden in my dresser some where, I bought it about two years ago, but forgot about. I like it. I had Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire, but I cant find them.

Fe Maiden
12-12-2006, 03:18 PM
For Yes I would recommend Close To the Edge

DethMaiden
12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Rush, Genesis

Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon
Yes- Drama or Close to the Edge
King Crimson- In the Court of the Crimson King
Rush- A Farewell to Kings, 2112, or Hemispheres
Genesis- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, A Trick of the Tail, or Selling England by the Pound

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon
Yes- Drama or Close to the Edge
King Crimson- In the Court of the Crimson King
Rush- A Farewell to Kings, 2112, or Hemispheres
Genesis- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, A Trick of the Tail, or Selling England by the Pound

I have Dark Side, I just got through it.....VERY GOOD!!!! :party:

I will look into those others on Napster.

SomewhereInTime72
12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
It's hard to say just one, so here's two each :D

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, A Saucerful Of Secrets
Yes - Close To The Edge, 90125
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King, Larks' Tongues In Aspic
Rush - Moving Pictures, 2112
Genesis - Duke, A Trick Of The Tail

Since you already have two of those, it would seem you're on your way to awesome. :party:

DethMaiden
12-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Genesis - Duke, A Trick Of The Tail

Not big on Gabriel?

Maiden33
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Personally, I've never been to big on any of the afforementioned bands. Say what you will about me, I'm just not a big 70s prog guy. I don't have anything against any of it, I've just never really got into it.

SomewhereInTime72
12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Not big on Gabriel?

It makes absolutely no sense, but I prefer both Collins-era genesis and Peter Gabriel's solo stuff to Gabriel-era genesis. It doesn't make sense to me but that's the stuff I like most. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 08:28 PM
I went to my grandpa's today, and looked through all his old tapes, and I found some of mine I had left there, and among some Dios Ozzy's, Van Halens, and Skid Rows, I found A Momentary Lapse of Reason

So thats three Pink Floyd Albums. I got through the Wall, and like Dark Side, the no songs were really extraordinary (but Another Brick in the Wall was catchy, of course) but the album as a whole was awesome.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM

NP:

On the Run
Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd: I LOVE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON AND THE WALL
Yes: NOT A FAN
King Crimson: NOT A FAN
Rush: BORING
Genesis: NOT A FAN

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks Hecho.....:eyes:

I FOUND HEMISPHERES UNDER MY BED!!

AND LIVE AFTER DEATH! UP THE IRONS! :punk:

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 08:47 PM
I FOUND MOVING PICTURES TOO!!!!

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks Hecho.....:eyes:

I FOUND HEMISPHERES UNDER MY BED!!

AND LIVE AFTER DEATH! UP THE IRONS! :punk:

:tongue: :allan:
....IM STILL a LITTLE DRUNK.

ChildrenofSodom
12-12-2006, 08:58 PM
:tongue: :allan:
....IM STILL a LITTLE DRUNK.

you have been drunk since birth :tp:

BUT YOU'RE STILL THE MAN!!!

DethMaiden
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
It makes absolutely no sense, but I prefer both Collins-era genesis and Peter Gabriel's solo stuff to Gabriel-era genesis. It doesn't make sense to me but that's the stuff I like most. :eyes:

Pop fan :hmm: ;)

I had a deep philosophical conversation with my history teacher about Genesis today, haha.

DethMaiden
12-13-2006, 05:27 PM
BTW Cameron, I'm burning you Close to the Edge and Drama on one CD, and In the Court of the Crimson King on another right now.

ChildrenofSodom
12-13-2006, 05:33 PM
BTW Cameron, I'm burning you Close to the Edge and Drama on one CD, and In the Court of the Crimson King on another right now.

cool....would it be too much to ask for a CD with an equal sampling of Collins/Gabriel Genesis?:D

DethMaiden
12-13-2006, 05:34 PM
cool....would it be too much to ask for a CD with an equal sampling of Collins/Gabriel Genesis?:D

Nah, I'd have a good time doing that one. Maybe not tonight, it will take much thought to create a Gabriel/Collins split release :D

ChildrenofSodom
12-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Nah, I'd have a good time doing that one. Maybe not tonight, it will take much thought to create a Gabriel/Collins split release :D

metal

SomewhereInTime72
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Pop fan :hmm: ;)

I had a deep philosophical conversation with my history teacher about Genesis today, haha.

:dorky: