PDA

View Full Version : I never knew this until today

Wrathchild_84
12-05-2006, 02:01 PM
When my stepfather left Nevermore Savatage’s management contacted him to sing for them. But according to him he didn’t wanna sing for a power metal band. But we would be set if he took the gig. I guess he didn’t want to go to Hall Of The Mountain King.

ChildrenofSodom
12-05-2006, 02:21 PM
When my stepfather left Nevermore Savatage’s management contacted him to sing for them. But according to him he didn’t wanna sing for a power metal band. But we would be set if he took the gig. I guess he didn’t want to go to Hall Of The Mountain King.

you're step dad was in Nevermore?

Wrathchild_84
12-05-2006, 02:36 PM
you're step dad was in Nevermore?

Not the Nevermore you know, they where a different band. The Nevermore you know where called Sanctuary at the time and when they broke up the other band stole they're name.

ADD
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Damnz.

DethMaiden
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
That would've been so cool!

Maiden33
12-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Cool, but not.

Unless you're stepfather is an AMAZING singer, I'm glad he didn't take the job. No offense, but Zak Stevens is one of my favorite singers, bar none, and the best live singer I've ever heard. Period.

ChildrenofSodom
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Cool, but not.

Unless you're stepfather is an AMAZING singer, I'm glad he didn't take the job. No offense, but Zak Stevens is one of my favorite singers, bar none, and the best live singer I've ever heard. Period.

i make love to Zak Stevens voice

Wrathchild_84
12-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Cool, but not.

He could do it. You can find the In Bondage To Sin EP and Ebay.

SomewhereInTime72
12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
That's crazy.

Div
12-07-2006, 09:34 AM
That's crazy.

Not as crazy as this picture of Dio :eyes:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/subjects/pages/ExposedDio.jpg

EvilCheeseWedge
12-07-2006, 09:49 AM

He looks like such a classy fellow in that picture :lol:

Maiden33
12-07-2006, 05:58 PM
He could do it. You can find the In Bondage To Sin EP and Ebay.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good singer, in fact I'm assume he was a pretty damn good one, but I'd place Zak Stevens in the upper umm... 1% of singers I've ever heard, and the upper 0.01% of live singers I've ever heard. The man's voice never ceases to amaze me, nor does his accuracy live. See "All That I Bleed" or "Castles Burning" from the Live in Japan 1994 DVD.

JRA
12-07-2006, 06:11 PM

I see you've discovered the exposed section of Metal sludge.;)

My favorite amongst that collection are the ones with those huge stoner beards. He looks high in every picture that he has one.

Div
12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I see you've discovered the exposed section of Metal sludge.;)

My favorite amongst that collection are the ones with those huge stoner beards. He looks high in every picture that he has one.

I was just checking to see if the sludgette of the month updated yet :D

but it wasn't, so Dio was the next best thing :eyes:

Angelripper
12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't a good singer, in fact I'm assume he was a pretty damn good one, but I'd place Zak Stevens in the upper umm... 1% of singers I've ever heard, and the upper 0.01% of live singers I've ever heard. The man's voice never ceases to amaze me, nor does his accuracy live. See "All That I Bleed" or "Castles Burning" from the Live in Japan 1994 DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsLbVTqSpHE

Zak Stevens isn't anywhere in this man's league.

Maiden33
12-08-2006, 04:50 PM

I'd love to click that link, but I'm on dial-up, so I don't feel like setting aside a year of my time to watch it. Who/What is it?

DethMaiden
12-08-2006, 07:40 PM
I'd love to click that link, but I'm on dial-up, so I don't feel like setting aside a year of my time to watch it. Who/What is it?

Eric Adams :hecho:

Angelripper
12-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I fail to see why you have to bring out the :hecho: when this man can clearly sing.

Div
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM

kicks your ass :allan:

Div
12-08-2006, 08:53 PM

:light: one of my favorites

ADD
12-08-2006, 10:42 PM
:metal:

DethMaiden
12-09-2006, 06:55 AM
:metal:

Not to Eric Adams, surely. I'll assume that's for my opinion of him.

Div
12-09-2006, 09:52 AM
yea, Mikael Akerfeldt rulez :dorky:

DethMaiden
12-09-2006, 01:05 PM
yea, Mikael Akerfeldt rulez :dorky:

Y'know, being "badass" and "metal" isn't the only thing that can make a band/person cool :cool:

DreamEvil001
12-09-2006, 01:28 PM

ill admit thats a good song. but the lyrics still make me cringe :crosseyed

Maiden33
12-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Pffft. ERIC ADAMS??? I think not.

ADD
12-09-2006, 08:43 PM

HAIL! HAIL! HAIL AND KILL!

:headoff:

Div
12-09-2006, 08:45 PM
you guys are just too cool for manowar :agree:

Angelripper
12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I think so. Evergrey told me personally that they love ManOwaR and if given the chance, they would gladly switch places with them.

Plus, you didn't even give the song a chance.

Angelripper
12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SclJmnRMLnQ

Eric Adams is greatness. I'd like to hear vocalists with better timbre at his age.

Angelripper
12-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Dammit, I demand you all to listen to Eric Adams sing. After doing that, find me a Metal vocalist with:

a) More Power
b) Higher Clarity
c) Clearer Timbre
d) Wider Range
e) Greater Longevity

While Sir Adams is no longer the best (except for maybe power) at any one of those individual facets of singing, he is the jack of all trades - he's still brilliant at all of them. Plus, he's like 45.

DethMaiden
12-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Dammit, I demand you all to listen to Eric Adams sing. After doing that, find me a Metal vocalist with:

a) More Power
b) Higher Clarity
c) Clearer Timbre
d) Wider Range
e) Greater Longevity

a) Bruce Dickinson
b) Geoff Tate
c) Mikael Åkerfeldt
d) David Coverdale
e) Ronnie James Dio

Angelripper
12-10-2006, 06:13 AM
a) Bruce Dickinson
b) Geoff Tate
c) Mikael Åkerfeldt
d) David Coverdale
e) Ronnie James Dio
Bruce Dickinson hasn't got the range of Eric Adams. Geoff Tate lacks in timbre department. Akerfeldt hasn't got the range, power, or longevity. David Coverdale hasn't got the power. Dio lacks the range.

Eric wins.

DethMaiden
12-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Bruce Dickinson hasn't got the range of Eric Adams. Geoff Tate lacks in timbre department. Akerfeldt hasn't got the range, power, or longevity. David Coverdale hasn't got the power. Dio lacks the range.

Eric wins.

The a, b, c, d, and e were meant to correspond to the points you made, as you seem to agree with.

Div
12-10-2006, 11:47 AM
The a, b, c, d, and e were meant to correspond to the points you made, as you seem to agree with.

I think he meant a singer that can best Adams in ALL those points.

DethMaiden
12-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I think he meant a singer that can best Adams in ALL those points.

Ah. Well, I'm biased because I hate ManOwaR, but I could name a ton of singers I prefer.

DreamEvil001
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
He may have a good voice, but that doesn't mean the music is good. there are few guitarists who can match Yngwie Malmsteen and 90% of his music is still boring

DethMaiden
12-10-2006, 02:16 PM
He may have a good voice, but that doesn't mean the music is good. there are few guitarists who can match Yngwie Malmsteen and 90% of his music is still boring

Very true. There's a difference between being good at your instrument (or voice) and applying it well.

Maiden33
12-10-2006, 03:24 PM
I think so. Evergrey told me personally that they love ManOwaR and if given the chance, they would gladly switch places with them.

Plus, you didn't even give the song a chance.

I'm willing to bet large sums of money that your first statement is completely false.
And secondly, I've heard several entire Manowar albums and live songs, I don't need to watch a video on youtube to have a revelation about someone I've heard and already don't like.