PDA

View Full Version : New CHILDREN OF BODOM Album In 2008...

hot_turkey_ed
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=63132)

So says their bassist in an interview... I really liked Hatecrew Death Roll but totally hated (mostly hated, anyway) their last one. I'm not sure I care much about this band any more.

:tp:

XxRyaNxX
12-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Meh. I don't really care about them anymore either. Follow the Reaper is the only album I really liked.

ADD
12-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Fuck this band. I'd punch Alexi if I ever saw him. FUCK YOU FOR SELLING OUT LIKE A BUNCH OF PANSIES! YOU HAD THE SKILL TO BE FUCKING LEGENDARY! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

But their first 2 albums are classic :cool: 'Follow The Reaper' and 'Hate Crew Deathroll' are alright too.

MetalDrummer888
12-01-2006, 03:42 PM
are you dead yet was pretty bad, but i will still buy the new one . . . i can always hope :hecho:

PowerMaiden
12-01-2006, 05:48 PM
2 classics
2 alright album
1 that you don't like

and Alexi deserves a big FUCK YOU

c'mon ADD grow up

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ADD
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
2 classics
2 alright album
1 that you don't like

and Alexi deserves a big FUCK YOU

c'mon ADD grow up

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

They just completely sunk though. It's way too obvious. I'll still always love 'Something Wild' and 'Hatebreeder' though.

It's not just the fact that 'Are You Dead Yet?' is easily one of the worst rock/metal albums I've ever heard. It's the fact that they practically stole the title from Carnal Forge's album, the fact that they decided to tour with Trivium and go mainstream, the fact that Alexi seems to care more about money & drinking than the music anymore, the fact that they use to be so amazing and had such talent to totally piss it away for a chance to become stars. Fuck Bodom for selling out. I understand they want to make a living off their music (any band would), but to sacrifice the musical integrity for it in such an obvious way is beyond reconsilable.

SomewhereInTime72
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Alexi accidentally stumbled upon CGCFAD tuning. Thats what fucked it up, I swear.

PowerMaiden
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
They just completely sunk though. It's way too obvious. I'll still always love 'Something Wild' and 'Hatebreeder' though.

It's not just the fact that 'Are You Dead Yet?' is easily one of the worst rock/metal albums I've ever heard. It's the fact that they practically stole the title from Carnal Forge's album, the fact that they decided to tour with Trivium and go mainstream, the fact that Alexi seems to care more about money & drinking than the music anymore, the fact that they use to be so amazing and had such talent to totally piss it away for a chance to become stars. Fuck Bodom for selling out. I understand they want to make a living off their music (any band would), but to sacrifice the musical integrity for it in such an obvious way is beyond reconsilable.

I respect your young opinion, but I tottaly see it another way, they never sell out

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DreamEvil001
12-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Something Wild: O.K. Red Light in my eyes Pt. 1 and 2 kick ass

Hatebreeder: Damn Good, awesome tracks like Bed of Razors, Warheart, and Silent Night, Bodom Night

Follow the Reaper: Excellent, sstandouts are the title track, Bodom after Midnight, Mask of Sanity

Hate Crew Deathroll: Classic Every track on this CD is amazing

Are You Dead Yet?: Definitely a let down but shows hope with Trashed Lost and Strungout, and the title track

So hell yeah i'm gonna buy the new CD, 2008 is a long ways off though, not really topical news

JRA
12-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Something Wild: O.K. Red Light in my eyes Pt. 1 and 2 kick ass

Hatebreeder: Damn Good, awesome tracks like Bed of Razors, Warheart, and Silent Night, Bodom Night

Follow the Reaper: Excellent, sstandouts are the title track, Bodom after Midnight, Mask of Sanity

Hate Crew Deathroll: Classic Every track on this CD is amazing

Are You Dead Yet?: Definitely a let down but shows hope with Trashed Lost and Strungout, and the title track

So hell yeah i'm gonna buy the new CD, 2008 is a long ways off though, not really topical news

Thanks for the buyer's guide

Div
12-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Theres some OK stuff from this band but they're just boring and repetitive and Alexi sounds like he's choking on razor blades (which would be hardcore as hell if he actually recorded vocals while he had razors in his throught... but that's not the case),so fuck them.

JRA
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Alexi sounds like he's choking on razor blades

:lol: :lol:

Is that possible?

Div
12-01-2006, 09:21 PM
:lol: :lol:

Is that possible?

You need lots of razor blades.

Spiral_Slave
12-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I love every single one of Bodom's album and Alexi pwns you ten fold

Nuff said. :allan:

PowerMaiden
12-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Theres some OK stuff from this band but they're just boring and repetitive and Alexi sounds like he's choking on razor blades (which would be hardcore as hell if he actually recorded vocals while he had razors in his throught... but that's not the case),so fuck them.

Favorite Bands:
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards
Blind Guardian
Queensryche
HammerFall
DragonForce
Kamelot
Manowar

Muahahahahahaha :lol:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Angelripper
12-02-2006, 10:25 PM
I think the next album would sound more like Hate Crew. I think Are You Dead Yet was a small blip in the wrong direction - they would have realized that by now.

Angelripper
12-02-2006, 10:27 PM

There is no such thing as musical integrity. In an ideal world, artists would always make the music the fans like, but artists have something called 'artistic license', where they're free to do what they want.

Div
12-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Favorite Bands:
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards
Blind Guardian
Queensryche
HammerFall
DragonForce
Kamelot
Manowar

Muahahahahahaha :lol:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

lol I never updated that :hecho:

here's a recent one:

iced earth
iron maiden
manowar
megadeth
queensryche
kamelot
finntroll
anthrax

SomewhereInTime72
12-02-2006, 10:45 PM
A few things I expect (but not reallly grounded in much):

-More chugga chugga riffs in the style of AYDY
-More technical stuff, thats what everyone seems to be into right now
-A lot more keyboards than AYDY, I think Bodom will realize they kinda cut Janne short on the last album.

Regardless of wether or not anything I've predicted is true, I expect the next one to be at least better than AYDY. The album was not too well received.

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Something Wild: SUCKS

Hatebreeder: SUCKS

Follow the Reaper: SUCKS

Hate Crew Deathroll: SUCKS

Are You Dead Yet?: SUCKS

PowerMaiden
12-03-2006, 08:10 AM

I know you're more an old school Priest\Sabbath\Purple kind of style lover Hecho, but have you really tried to listem to them ? or you're just saying that to be funny, try Hate Crew Deathroll man, songs like Sixpounder or Angels Don't Kill are really not that extreme except for the vocals, but I'd be very surprised if you say you don't like it or appreciate it, at least musically

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

SomewhereInTime72
12-03-2006, 09:12 AM
I know you're more an old school Priest\Sabbath\Purple kind of style lover Hecho, but have you really tried to listem to them ? or you're just saying that to be funny, try Hate Crew Deathroll man, songs like Sixpounder or Angels Don't Kill are really not that extreme except for the vocals, but I'd be very surprised if you say you don't like it or appreciate it, at least musically

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I think he just hates the vocal style. It's not the way of the HECHO.

JRA
12-03-2006, 09:41 AM

I used to LOATHE that style of vocals. But after hearing Bonded By Blood (Exodus) and latter day Pantera, I got a little bit more used to it. That said, at least Balloff and Phil Anselmo were intillgible. I still can't understand what the fuck Alexi is saying on Hatebreeder, even when I read a lyric sheet. But still, its pretty easy to phase out the vocals and listen to everything else.

DethMaiden
12-03-2006, 10:15 AM

:lol: :fist:

hot_turkey_ed
12-03-2006, 01:17 PM

THIS IS THE WAY OF HECHO. :hecho:

HECHO EN MEXICO
12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
THIS IS THE WAY OF HECHO. :hecho:

:tongue: