PDA

View Full Version : KISS And DEF LEPPARD To Tour in 2007?

DethMaiden
11-18-2006, 06:09 AM
This is little more than hearsay and propaganda, but for what it's worth: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=62386)

I would definitely go see this tour if it was under, say, $65 a ticket.

anthraxmosher
11-18-2006, 09:57 AM
YESSSS!!!!!!!! KISSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISSS!!!!!!!! KISSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

ADD
11-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Second worst thing to Aerosmith/Motley Crue.

KerryKingsBeard
11-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Second worst thing to Aerosmith/Motley Crue.

No way, this is worse than that.

ADD
11-18-2006, 02:14 PM
No way, this is worse than that.
Nah. 'God Of Thunder' alone > all of Crue and Aerosmith's catalogue combined. Def Leppard also has some good songs, all off 'Pyromania', but still good nonetheless.

DreamEvil001
11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Nah. 'God Of Thunder' alone > all of Crue and Aerosmith's catalogue combined. Def Leppard also has some good songs, all off 'Pyromania', but still good nonetheless.

so then why is this so bad? not that its good either... and Motley Crue/Aerosmith is much better than this:mad:

ADD
11-18-2006, 03:17 PM
so then why is this so bad? not that its good either... and Motley Crue/Aerosmith is much better than this:mad:
Def Leppard have about 5 good songs. KISS maybe a couple, including the genius 'God Of Thunder'. Aerosmith have ZERO good songs, Motley Crue have two ('Wild Side' and 'Shout At The Devil'). Do the math.

DreamEvil001
11-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Def Leppard have about 5 good songs. KISS maybe a couple, including the genius 'God Of Thunder'. Aerosmith have ZERO good songs, Motley Crue have two ('Wild Side' and 'Shout At The Devil'). Do the math.

Def Leppard- Pour Some Sugar on Me, Bringin on the Heartbreak
Kiss- God of Thunder, Strutter, Detroit Rock City, maybe a few others

Motley Crue- Dr. Feelgood, Wild Side, Shout at the Devil, Live Wire, Kickstart my Heart
Aerosmith- Dream On, Walk this Way, Deuces are Wild, Same Old Song and Dance, Sweet Emotion, Janie's Got a Gun....

No Competition:party:

JRA
11-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Aerosmith- Dream On, Walk this Way, Deuces are Wild, Same Old Song and Dance, Sweet Emotion, Janie's Got a Gun....

No Competition:party:

EAT THE MOTHERFUCKING RICH!!!!

es156
11-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I'll take KISS and Motley Crue over Aerosmith and Def Leppard.

And don't get me started on the "KISS only has 2 good songs" crap.

:tp:

hot_turkey_ed
11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
IAnd don't get me started on the "KISS only has 2 good songs" crap.

:tp:

:fist:

Div
11-18-2006, 05:10 PM
What's the appeal to KISS? They seem pretty retarted to me.

and Def Leppard are just Zeppelin wannabes along with those Whitesnake posers.

anthraxmosher
11-18-2006, 05:48 PM

KISS OWNSzeppelin. And to the people who say KISS only has 2 good songs......dont speak

ADD
11-18-2006, 06:25 PM
KISS OWNSzeppelin. And to the people who say KISS only has 2 good songs......dont speak

KISS owns Zeppelin? And you're telling people not to speak? :lol:

GTFOLOLOMGKTHANXBI

JRA
11-18-2006, 06:52 PM
KISS owns Zeppelin? And you're telling people not to speak? :lol:

GTFOLOLOMGKTHANXBI

...yea.

JRA
11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Out of curioisty, to the people who are saying that KISS only has two good songs, what's the second one? We've already established the first one is God Of Thunder.

anthraxmosher
11-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Out of curioisty, to the people who are saying that KISS only has two good songs, what's the second one? We've already established the first one is God Of Thunder.

The second one is everything else.

JRA
11-18-2006, 07:34 PM
The second one is everything else.

:lol: Well, yea. I just wanted to see what the other Kiss song that everybody else thought was "cool to like."

Wrathchild_84
11-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Given that the last time a KISS/Def Leppard tour was rumored it turned out to be BS I doubt it's true this time.

DreamEvil001
11-18-2006, 09:09 PM
EAT THE MOTHERFUCKING RICH!!!!

:rocker:

Def Leppard are nothing like Zeppelin.... not that that means they are very good

DethMaiden
11-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow, Kiss sure are popular in here :tp:

Robert
11-28-2006, 11:40 PM
"Thrax mosher is right!!!!!:allan:
KISS fucking rules, and if you don't like it, you can take your love gun and stick it where the sun don't shine.
KISS has outsold every artist on the planet, (save Garth Brooks I believe):confused:
Yes more than Elvis, and Beatles in world wide sales.
You don't have to like it, but you must respect it. Without KISS's artistic vision and musical influence, you wouldn't have Metal as we know it today.

Now as for Def Lep, no diss to the Lep who gave a great show back in the day, but Kiss doesn't need 'em. I would rather see Kiss help a young rising band like buckcherry or something.
And Tix are gonna be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ anyway.

Div
11-29-2006, 11:02 AM
hair metal:leak:

Fe Maiden
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Def Leppard also has some good songs, all off 'Pyromania', You are neglecting to mention the even better songs from High 'N Dry:tp:

DethMaiden
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
The new :tp: smiley is so geigh.

powerslave_85
11-29-2006, 02:47 PM
I also disagree that KISS has only two good songs. I don't think they have any.

DethMaiden
11-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I also disagree that KISS has only two good songs. I don't think they have any.

:tp: Have you even heard the Destroyer album?

powerslave_85
11-29-2006, 02:53 PM
:tp: Have you even heard the Destroyer album?
No, but NOTHING I've heard from them has even come close to suggesting that I should listen to a whole album. What a pathetic, boring excuse for a band.

DethMaiden
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
No, but NOTHING I've heard from them has even come close to suggesting that I should listen to a whole album. What a pathetic, boring excuse for a band.

Oh well, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by that album, but then again, it has Detroit Rock City, which you've probably heard and hated, so who knows.

powerslave_85
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Yep. Heard it. It blows.

IMO, the reason why KISS is so popular is because of their image, which was, at the time they started, very different and a lot of kids then latched on to it. The music was of little importance, because it was pretty much either that or disco.

anthraxmosher
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
KISS fucking rules, and if you don't like it, you can take your love gun and stick it where the sun don't shine.
KISS has outsold every artist on the planet, (save Garth Brooks I believe):confused:
You don't have to like it, but you must respect it. Without KISS's artistic vision and musical influence, you wouldn't have Metal as we know it today.

Now as for Def Lep, no diss to the Lep who gave a great show back in the day, but Kiss doesn't need 'em. I would rather see Kiss help a young rising band like buckcherry or something.

Thanks man!! hahaha. Its good to see another KISS fan on here. I agree. They dont need Lep they can kick everyones ass on there own. I saw Def Leppard in 2005 and, althougth they put on a good show, KISS just blows them away. Then again, they are my favorite band. hahaha. What about you??

Fe Maiden
11-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I would go to this show just to see Def Leppard again:eyes:

powerslave_85
11-29-2006, 03:23 PM
You don't have to like it, but you must respect it.
Like hell I do. The only reason they do what they do is because it makes them an ungodly amount of money. Once the money dries up, they'll be gone, mark my words. Their success came from crass consumerism, tons of merchandise, and flashy live shows, all to prop up the fact that their music is mediocre at best. Fuck them. They don't get my respect.

Fe Maiden
11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Like hell I do. The only reason they do what they do is because it makes them an ungodly amount of money. Once the money dries up, they'll be gone, mark my words. Their success came from crass consumerism, tons of merchandise, and flashy live shows, all to prop up the fact that their music is mediocre at best. Fuck them. They don't get my respect.They actually do have some really good songs along with some really awful ones. For most bands this is the case. I used to be into them in Middle School way "back in the day," but now I really don't listen to them at all. It would be a fun show though.

Div
11-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Just casue a band sells alot of albums doesn't mean they're good or worth respecting, isn't that right Backstreet Boys?

DethMaiden
11-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Well it's like everything else, just a matter of opinion. I haven't seen them live and I don't own any cool KISS stuff, but I still dig their music.

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
I dont own any Kiss albums...but I dig the stuff that i have heard...

And I wouldnt mind seeing Def Leppard AGAIN!!!!

POUR SOME MESHUGGAH ON ME!!

hot_turkey_ed
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Like hell I do. The only reason they do what they do is because it makes them an ungodly amount of money. Once the money dries up, they'll be gone, mark my words. Their success came from crass consumerism, tons of merchandise, and flashy live shows, all to prop up the fact that their music is mediocre at best. Fuck them. They don't get my respect.

With the exception of the mediocre music, you could be almost be describing Iron Maiden or more to the point, any mega act.

There's the music and then there is the business. :money:

IamTheMickster
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
One must not also discount the type of women who pursue each band as well.
You must admit: The better looking women are apt to be found at a Def Leppard show vs. Iron Maiden. Four out of five hot chicks who do metal (or quasi) shows are more likely to give Hot Turkey Ed "a good time" should Def Leppard be performing as opposed to the great Iron Maiden.

ChildrenofSodom
11-29-2006, 08:33 PM
One must not also discount the type of women who pursue each band as well.
You must admit: The better looking women are apt to be found at a Def Leppard show vs. Iron Maiden. Four out of five hot chicks who do metal (or quasi) shows are more likely to give Hot Turkey Ed "a good time" should Def Leppard be performing as opposed to the great Iron Maiden.
i think Master Pavo is taken.....:eyes:

powerslave_85
11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Metal chicks (for the most part) = :hecho: :barf:

Div
11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Metal chicks (for the most part) = :hecho: :barf:

some of the metalsludge sludgettes can be pretty hot tho :D

jerry1013
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing all four together

here's my faves from the monster rock bands + the order

motley crue-too young to fall in love/too fast 4 love/wild side/same o' situation/girls girls girls/anarchy in the uk

def leppard- mostly pyromania stuff with nothing past adrenalized

aerosmith- eat the rich/livin on the edge/dream on/with a lot of others

kiss- pretty easy there the greatest rock band of all time so they can play with whatever set they fucking choose:rocker:

jerry1013
08-12-2008, 11:28 AM

i agree with every thing you said kiss is da shit they do have there bad moments but every body in the world can name them and i have argued with my fair share of non kiss fans 1000 times and i couldnt have put it better then u dude:rocker:

mankvill
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
"KISS has outsold every artist on the planet, (save Garth Brooks I believe)
Yes more than Elvis, and Beatles in world wide sales."

:finger2: very no

DethMaiden
08-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Are you guys thread paleantologists? This fucking thing is a dinosaur.

rjturtle9
08-17-2008, 02:51 PM
i wouldn't mind going to see kiss with def leopard. i'll go just for kiss though. and hey motley crue and aerosmith sounded like a great show to me, althouh i wasn't old enough for concerts in my parents eyes back then haha

and hey metal chicks are my favorite kind of chicks ;)

Div
08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
i agree with every thing you said kiss is da shit they do have there bad moments but every body in the world can name them and i have argued with my fair share of non kiss fans 1000 times and i couldnt have put it better then u dude:rocker:

:hecho:

JRA
08-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I love KISS, but this thread is an AIDS sandwich

jerry1013
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
:hecho:

bite me kiss rules and i have the time 2 prove it 2 u they have out sold maiden, mettalica, sabbath,ozzy,dio,crue,aerosmith,stones

and not b cuz of a gimmick b cuz there music kicks ass listen to albums like creatures of the night or revenge. and in 20 years from now lets see if any of your faves are still rocking for has long and has good has kiss

Div
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
bite me kiss rules and i have the time 2 prove it 2 u they have out sold maiden, mettalica, sabbath,ozzy,dio,crue,aerosmith,stones

So has Britney Spears, but just because the music is popular doesn't mean that it is good. Usually it's the opposite. Brocas Helm can't even get signed to a record label but their albums slay anything KISS has put out.

and not b cuz of a gimmick

KISS is full of gimmicks, just look at their "image". Fake spiked clothes, breathing fire, sticking out their tounges. What does any of that have to do with music? It's just there to distract the crowd from the music, because by itself it's mediocre and boring.

b cuz there music kicks ass listen to albums like creatures of the night or revenge. and in 20 years from now lets see if any of your faves are still rocking for has long and has good has kiss

The only reason they're still rocking is because they can make money on it. There are plenty of underground bands that go on tour and lose money, but they still do it because it's what they like to do. Do you think KISS would go on tour if it meant they would lose money? I doubt it, because they're just another overhyped band that likes to live the rockstar lifestyle, but not because they like to rock, only because they can make alot of money by selling out.

rjturtle9
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
aww man i love kiss but i don't think i could counter argue that haha

well whatever it's just a matter of taste i guess.

jerry1013
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
So has Britney Spears, but just because the music is popular doesn't mean that it is good. Usually it's the opposite. Brocas Helm can't even get signed to a record label but their albums slay anything KISS has put out.

KISS is full of gimmicks, just look at their "image". Fake spiked clothes, breathing fire, sticking out their tounges. What does any of that have to do with music? It's just there to distract the crowd from the music, because by itself it's mediocre and boring.

The only reason they're still rocking is because they can make money on it. There are plenty of underground bands that go on tour and lose money, but they still do it because it's what they like to do. Do you think KISS would go on tour if it meant they would lose money? I doubt it, because they're just another overhyped band that likes to live the rockstar lifestyle, but not because they like to rock, only because they can make alot of money by selling out.

Just because of the money my ass paul stanley would do this whole fucking tour for free
and about the gimmick shit you could ignore it and that shit got them to the top of the record sales and if it wasnt for there "gimmick" none of the metal bands past oh lets see 1985 would be has good or even worse wouldnt exist
hundreds of musicians have giving props to kiss
(poison,motley crue,nirvana,nickelback,slipknot,and who else everybody)
so let me use a kiss refrence here ,......................... Stick your love gun up your ozone on your way to detroit rock city and if you die and go to heavens on fire you should kiss your ass goodbye on the way to visit the unholy god of thunder and fuck yourself and your tears will be fallin when you burn bitch burn.

and to reply to the britney spears thing theres a reason they make :money: b cuz they sell out the bands you love remember this you could have written the best song ever but it dosent matter if your playin in clubs unlike arenas and stadiums like kiss has so with all respect to your opinion i say

Fuck You

rjturtle9
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
so let me use a kiss refrence here ,......................... Stick your love gun up your ozone on your way to detroit rock city and if you die and go to heavens on fire you should kiss your ass goodbye on the way to visit the unholy god of thunder and fuck yourself and your tears will be fallin when you burn bitch burn.

:eyes:

jerry1013
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
another thing to all you kiss haters
gene simmons tarnishes kiss's image and even the other band members no it so look past him and see that kiss just wants to rock

so bands that have copied the kiss image (slipknot,gwar,twisted sister,king diamond) all though they give credit

If you like any of those bands think of this they wouldnt be around if kiss never existed

jerry1013
08-26-2008, 03:40 PM
:eyes:

i thought it was clever

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooccccccccccccc ccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkksssssssssssssssssssssssssss

jerry1013
08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
aww man i love kiss but i don't think i could counter argue that haha

well whatever it's just a matter of taste i guess.

hey i could do it so:tongue:

rjturtle9
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
hey i could do it so:tongue:

well i guess u tried :eyes:

jerry1013
08-26-2008, 04:02 PM
well i guess u tried :eyes:

tried you mean
i came
i saw
i kicked ass:rocker:

Div
08-26-2008, 04:43 PM
another thing to all you kiss haters
gene simmons tarnishes kiss's image and even the other band members no it so look past him and see that kiss just wants to rock

so bands that have copied the kiss image (slipknot,gwar,twisted sister,king diamond) all though they give credit

If you like any of those bands think of this they wouldnt be around if kiss never existed

WUT

KD did not copy KISS. KISS filed a lawsuit against him because they're spoiled greedy douchebags just like metallica. This proves that they just care about the money, if they didn't than they wouldn't have tried to sue over something so trivial as makeup, and if you think that kiss came up with the whole "black patterns on white face paint" then you are mistaken.

hundreds of musicians have giving props to kiss
(poison,motley crue,nirvana,nickelback,slipknot,and who else everybody)

So alot of other shitty sell out bands give props to kiss, if anything that just proves my point even more.

and about the gimmick shit you could ignore it and that shit got them to the top of the record sales and if it wasnt for there "gimmick" none of the metal bands past oh lets see 1985 would be has good or even worse wouldnt exist

so you're saying that KISS grandfathered the entire metal scene from 1985 onward? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Come on man, you can come up with better arguments than that.

rjturtle9
08-26-2008, 04:53 PM
WUT

KD did not copy KISS. KISS filed a lawsuit against him because they're spoiled greedy douchebags just like metallica. This proves that they just care about the money, if they didn't than they wouldn't have tried to sue over something so trivial as makeup, and if you think that kiss came up with the whole "black patterns on white face paint" then you are mistaken.

So alot of other shitty sell out bands give props to kiss, if anything that just proves my point even more.

so you're saying that KISS grandfathered the entire metal scene from 1985 onward? That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Come on man, you can come up with better arguments than that.

that's exactly what i was thinking when i said he tried