PDA

View Full Version : Edguy -- Santiago, Chile -- November 1st, 2006

andresh86
11-02-2006, 08:27 AM
incredible show... tobias make fun of how boring are european fans XD.... they dont jump!

01.- Welcome To The Freak Show
02.- Lavatory Love Machine
03.- Sacrifice
04.- Babylon
05.- Vain Glory Opera
06.- Fucking With Fire
07.- Land Of The Miracle
08.- Catch Of The Century
09.- Drum Solo
10.- Superheroes
11.- Save Me
12.- Tears Of Mandrake
13.- Intro of Smoke On The Water
14.- Mysteria
-------Encore---------
15.- Avantasia
16.- King Of Fools
-------Encore--------
17.- Out Of Control

DethMaiden
11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the Freakshow and Mysteria played separately? :confused:

ADD
11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
This setlist is bullshit.

hot_turkey_ed
11-02-2006, 01:08 PM
This setlist is bullshit.

Why no Piper? WWWWAAAAHHHHH!! :violin:

The set list is fine.

ADD
11-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Why no Piper? WWWWAAAAHHHHH!! :violin:

The set list is fine.

Plus some of their shittiest songs:hecho:

hot_turkey_ed
11-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Plus some of their shittiest songs:hecho:

Care to break that out (which are the shitty ones), especially compared to recent set lists?

Maiden33
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
incredible show... tobias make fun of how boring are european fans XD.... they dont jump!

02.- Lavatory Love Machine
06.- Fucking With Fire
13.- Intro of Smoke On The Water
14.- Mysteria
-------Encore---------
16.- King Of Fools

These songs can go.

Replace them with Piper Never Dies, We Don't Need a Hero, Fallen Angels, and The Asylum. Or something like that.

Overall, the set list is meh, and I'm a HUGE Edguy fan.

They better up the ante when they shoot their DVD tomorrow.

MetalDrummer888
11-02-2006, 06:54 PM
not a great set, but edguy slays so it doesnt matter

ADD
11-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Care to break that out (which are the shitty ones), especially compared to recent set lists?

Lavatory Love Machine, Save Me, Catch Of The Century, and Avantasia can ALL be easily replaced. I still don't even unerstand why they continue to play Avantasia anyways, not that its even that bad of a song, but c'mon:tp:

MetalDrummer888
11-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Lavatory Love Machine, Save Me, Catch Of The Century, and Avantasia can ALL be easily replaced. I still don't even unerstand why they continue to play Avantasia anyways, not that its even that bad of a song, but c'mon:tp:
i like lavatory :eyes:

but the really need to take out the others

MetalDrummer888
11-02-2006, 07:08 PM
These songs can go.

not FUCKING WITH FIRE!!!! :eek: :eek:

ADD
11-02-2006, 07:09 PM
not FUCKING WITH FIRE!!!! :eek: :eek:

Indeed:hmm:

LOADED AND COCKED :shred: :shred: :shred:

MetalDrummer888
11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Indeed:hmm:

LOADED AND COCKED :shred: :shred: :shred:
that song is the shit :horns:

they really should play "the asylum" . . . and of course "the piper never dies"

ADD
11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
that song is the shit :horns:

they really should play "the asylum" . . . and of course "the piper never dies"

:metal:

MetalDrummer888
11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
holy shit, the new album kicks even more ass than i remembered

EDGUY!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Spiral_Slave
11-02-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't think this set is very good either, but I'm so happy they're keeping ' Fucking With Fire. ' And who cares if they don't play ' Piper? ' The Pharaoh is better anyways...;)

MetalDrummer888
11-02-2006, 08:07 PM
And who cares if they don't play ' Piper? ' The Pharaoh is better anyways...;)

:nonono:

Spiral_Slave
11-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Breakdown of the set from my point of view

01.- Welcome To The Freak Show ( Good intro but should be followed by Mysteria )
02.- Lavatory Love Machine ( It was a single and a catchy song so of course they're gonna play it but I think it belongs towards the end of the set )
03.- Sacrifice ( Good song, glad they're playing it but seems a little out of place )
04.- Babylon ( Live classic, good spot )
05.- Vain Glory Opera ( :drool: )
06.- Fucking With Fire ( :rocker: )
07.- Land Of The Miracle ( Please elimnate this song from existance :hecho: )
08.- Catch Of The Century ( Not a bad song but they could have played a better track like Trinidad or The Asylum )
09.- Drum Solo ( Eh, whatever I dont see why every band has to have a drum solo )
10.- Superheroes ( THUMBS UP )
11.- Save Me ( As far as Edguy ballads go, this is probably my fave and I saw a live vid of it and it sounds great )
12.- Tears Of Mandrake ( Fucking classic )
13.- Intro of Smoke On The Water ( Um, no thanks? )
14.- Mysteria ( Good but belongs as the set opener or encore opener )
-------Encore---------
15.- Avantasia ( LOVE IT! )
16.- King Of Fools ( Once again a catchy single so it's gotta be in here somewhere )
-------Encore--------
17.- Out Of Control ( The Edguy set closer, and a damn good un )

Overall they could have done a better set but hey, this one ain't too shabby! :party:

ADD
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
07.- Land Of The Miracle ( Please elimnate this song from existance :hecho: ) :

:flame: :flame: :flame:

anthraxmosher
11-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Ive been hearing a lot about Edguy but ive never listened to them. Any suggestions on where to start?? What albums to pick up?? What songs to download?? Anyhting would be appreciated. Thanks. :) :)

ADD
11-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Ive been hearing a lot about Edguy but ive never listened to them. Any suggestions on where to start?? What albums to pick up?? What songs to download?? Anyhting would be appreciated. Thanks. :) :)
Mandrake is a great album to start with. If you want their best song go for "The Piper Never Dies" though, off Hellfire Club, their most revered record.

hot_turkey_ed
11-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Mandrake is a great album to start with. If you want their best song go for "The Piper Never Dies" though, off Hellfire Club, their most revered record.

"Most revered: probably goes to Mandrake.... To many older fans, Hellfire Club represents the beginning of Edguy's move away from power metal and thus catches a lot of shit. Snakecharmer will back me on this... My suggestion is to get 'em both. :tongue:

And no way is Piper their best song... Out Of Control, Vain Glory Opera, Tears Of A Mandrake, Golden Dawn.... even Land Of A Miracle OWN Piper. :fingers:

ADD
11-03-2006, 05:50 PM
"Most revered: probably goes to Mandrake.... To many older fans, Hellfire Club represents the beginning of Edguy's move away from power metal and thus catches a lot of shit. Snakecharmer will back me on this... My suggestion is to get 'em both. :tongue:

And no way is Piper their best song... Out Of Control, Vain Glory Opera, Tears Of A Mandrake, Golden Dawn.... even Land Of A Miracle OWN Piper. :fingers:

:bouville: 'Piper' is the only reason I even gave Edguy another chance after I initially HATED Hellfire Club :fingers:

anthraxmosher
11-03-2006, 06:12 PM
WOOHOO!!! Awesome!!! Im gonna head over to Best Buy tomorrow after my SAT and pick those up. Ill post what I thikn about them tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions duudes!!! :) :) :)

Spiral_Slave
11-03-2006, 08:38 PM
:bouville: 'Piper' is the only reason I even gave Edguy another chance after I initially HATED Hellfire Club :fingers:

You can't beat the part when it speeds up at the end ' NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DIES! ' :rocker:

ADD
11-03-2006, 09:04 PM
You can't beat the part when it speeds up at the end ' NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DIES! ' :rocker:
:shred: :shred: :shred:

ADD
11-03-2006, 09:05 PM
WOOHOO!!! Awesome!!! Im gonna head over to Best Buy tomorrow after my SAT and pick those up. Ill post what I thikn about them tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions duudes!!! :) :) :)
Awesome, anytime! :party:

MetalDrummer888
11-04-2006, 09:48 AM
hellfire club is by far their best album

Maiden33
11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
hellfire club is by far their best album

I must agree with you there. It's definately superior to just about every other album. I'd say the only two that are about as good are Mandrake and Theater of Salvation... but Hellfire Club is one of my favorite albums, period.

jaysadler2
11-10-2006, 04:51 AM
I'd love to hear "rocket Ride"

such a good song.