PDA

View Full Version : OZZY'S Camp: New Black Sabbath Album & Tour Late 2007

hot_turkey_ed
10-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60977)

The statement from Ozzy's camp:

"Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with BLACK SABBATH. There is only one BLACK SABBATH. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill will be touring late next year along with a new BLACK SABBATH album. However, Ozzy wishes Tony and Ronnie much success in their project together."

JRA
10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Another thread in which we need a smiley moving his hand in a jerking off motion.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't believe the bit about a new Sab album.

SomewhereInTime72
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM

es156
10-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't either. But can you imagine what 2007 will be like if Ozzy does a solo tour, Dio and Iommi tour as Heaven & Hell, and then the original Sabbath lineup does a tour?

:drool: :drool: :drool:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't either. But can you imagine what 2007 will be like if Ozzy does a solo tour, Dio and Iommi tour as Heaven & Hell, and then the original Sabbath lineup does a tour?

This is cool, and I believe this bit. H&H is supposed to tour in early 2007. No problem. Ozzy's gonna have a solo album + tour to contend with. Probably in the summer the original Sabbath will tour. That's great, I think they're a great band live and I have no problem bending over and letting Sharon do nasty things to my ass in order to see them live. And maybe... just maybe... the whole Dio business was just enough incentive to get Ozzy to change his mind on the Sabbath album. Because frankly, I'm sure Sharon is behind it 100% (it should be a great pay day for her.) And honestly, if "Scary Dreams" is any indication of what those guys can still produce, I say: bring it on! :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
fuck off ozzy

JRA
10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
fuck off ozzy

:axe:

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM
:axe:
Frankly, I am tired of hearing about him. Blabbermouth.net sucks his balls. All major media sources suck his balls and use his image to personify metal. Hit Parader suck his balls in every issue. MTV and VH1 view him as the most important person in rock history.

Dio is a better singer, performer, person.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Frankly, I am tired of hearing about him. Blabbermouth.net sucks his balls. All major media sources suck his balls and use his image to personify metal. Hit Parader suck his balls in every issue. MTV and VH1 view him as the most important person in rock history.

Dio is a better singer, but I disagree about the last two. Ozzy's not that horrible of a person for one, and for two, Ozzy's a great performer. Even at his age and condition he still puts on a good show, and I give him credit for that.

JRA
10-25-2006, 08:17 PM
If not for Ozzy Osbourne, I would not be who I am today. Think about that the next time you find something I post funny.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Dio is a better singer, but I disagree about the last two. Ozzy's not that horrible of a person for one, and for two, Ozzy's a great performer. Even at his age and condition he still puts on a good show, and I give him credit for that.

But Dio is on top of things. His voice is still fine, compared to the shit Ozzy pulled at last year's Ozzfest.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
If not for Ozzy Osbourne, I would not be who I am today. Think about that the next time you find something I post funny.

I wasnt raised on Sabbath, so in the early 2000s, when I got into metal, I could selectively choose who I wanted to listen....and I chose DIO over Ozzy.

JRA
10-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I could selectively choose who I wanted to listen....and I chose DIO over Ozzy.

What the hell is that supposed to mean. How can you not "choose" what you want to listen to?

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
But Dio is on top of things. His voice is still fine, compared to the shit Ozzy pulled at last year's Ozzfest.
Ozzy was fine at the show I was at.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I wasnt raised on Sabbath, so in the early 2000s, when I got into metal, I could selectively choose who I wanted to listen....and I chose DIO over Ozzy.

:confused:

I listen to, and love both. Sorry to hear you're missin' out.

ADD
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM

Maybe the most well-informared post you've made here. I'ld still go see the origianl Sabbath lineup live cuz, let's face it, they created heavy metal. It's any self-respecting metalhead's duty to see them if at all possible. But I am much more looking forward to the Heaven & Hell tour:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Div
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm gonna agree with the argument that Ozzy is over rated. I don't like his singing very much either. I can't really judge him as a preformer because I've never seen him live. And based on his TV show, I find his personality to be a bit immature and lame, but then again every time I've ever seen another musician talking about him they always say what a nice guy he is.

hot_turkey_ed
10-25-2006, 09:29 PM

ES.... remember the rumors that Ozzy would tour this winter solo? The BLS tour supposedly got delayed because of Ozzy related recording.....

When it comes to Ozzy and Sabbath, I'll believe it when I have ticket in hand. In meantime, a solo Dio show would be nice. :snivel:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
A solo Dio show would be nice... it's been far too long.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
When it comes to Ozzy and Sabbath, I'll believe it when I have ticket in hand.

And even then, there's the rather large threat of Ozzy getting sick, I'm afraid.

SnakeCharmer
10-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe the most well-informared post you've made here. I'ld still go see the origianl Sabbath lineup live cuz, let's face it, they created heavy metal. It's any self-respecting metalhead's duty to see them if at all possible.

I have never seen them live and I will NEVER see them live. :party:

hot_turkey_ed
10-25-2006, 10:10 PM
And even then, there's the rather large threat of Ozzy getting sick, I'm afraid.

You mean ' "sick" ', right? :D

powerslave_85
10-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Ozzy rules.

Dio is alright.

That's my contribution.

:fingers:

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Maybe the most well-informared post you've made here. I'ld still go see the origianl Sabbath lineup live cuz, let's face it, they created heavy metal. It's any self-respecting metalhead's duty to see them if at all possible. But I am much more looking forward to the Heaven & Hell tour:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I would still see the original also, just for the historical value.

es156
10-26-2006, 05:39 AM
ES.... remember the rumors that Ozzy would tour this winter solo? The BLS tour supposedly got delayed because of Ozzy related recording.....

When it comes to Ozzy and Sabbath, I'll believe it when I have ticket in hand. In meantime, a solo Dio show would be nice. :snivel:
Yes, the last thing that I remember reading was that BLS would open for Ozzy on the solo tour to support Ozzy's new CD. But you are right in that I will believe it when the tickets are in hand.

It is still some good message board speculation material though!

EvilCheeseWedge
10-26-2006, 07:04 AM
You mean ' "sick" ', right? :D

:eyes:

ADD
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I have never seen them live and I will NEVER see them live. :party:
Fair enough.

ADD
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
A solo Dio show would be nice... it's been far too long.
I'd rather see Heaven & Hell. Dio is also good, but entirely unspectacular IMO. Once you've seen it a couple times you pretty much know what to expect I think. Same with Arch Enemy. But of course Dio has a way of always bringing out some 'rare' goodies to keep the set fresh, so I would definitely go to see him again if he wants to resurrect some lost tunes.......preferably some more Rainbow material :drool: Big bucks for anything they haven't done off those classic 3 albums:party:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I'd rather see Heaven & Hell. Dio is also good, but entirely unspectacular IMO. Once you've seen it a couple times you pretty much know what to expect I think. Same with Arch Enemy. But of course Dio has a way of always bringing out some 'rare' goodies to keep the set fresh, so I would definitely go to see him again if he wants to resurrect some lost tunes.......preferably some more Rainbow material :drool: Big bucks for anything they haven't done off those classic 3 albums:party:
Well, obviously ;) But I like Dio solo as well. Plus I've only seen Dio solo once, so I still have a few more times to go...

Arch Enemy doesn't do much for me I'm afraid.

Dio does a pretty good job of dusting off classics, such as "Gates of Babylon" back in 2004 :drool:

JRA
10-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Big bucks for anything they haven't done off those classic 3 albums:party:

Dio's been doing that alot, actually. He's recentloy brought back Tarot Woman, Kill The King, Gates Of Babylon, and fucking Temple Of The King, which is so rare I don't even know what that's on, (probably the first Rainbow album). The only one he hasn't brough back worth hearing is A Light In The Black.

HECHO EN MEXICO
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
a solo Dio show would be nice. :snivel:YES BUT HEAVEN & HEL (DIO ERA:SABBATH) WOULD BE WAY WAY BETTER THAN OZZY AND DIO SOLO PUT TOGETHER!

....SEEING DIO SOLO IS GRAET WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO VOCALS BUT HIS BAND (dio solo band) SUCKS HARD COMAPRED TO TONY IOMMI!

HECHO EN MEXICO
10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60977)

The statement from Ozzy's camp:

"Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with BLACK SABBATH. There is only one BLACK SABBATH. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill will be touring late next year along with a new BLACK SABBATH album. However, Ozzy wishes Tony and Ronnie much success in their project together."DIO IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A PART OF BLACK SABBATH HISTORY!

AND THE OZZY/SABBATH ALBUM AND TOUR SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF LIES TO ME.

ADD
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Dio's been doing that alot, actually. He's recentloy brought back Tarot Woman, Kill The King, Gates Of Babylon, and fucking Temple Of The King, which is so rare I don't even know what that's on, (probably the first Rainbow album). The only one he hasn't brough back worth hearing is A Light In The Black.
Gates Of Babylon was amazing live when I see them do it, but I still gotta see the rest of those too:wow: Plus of course songs like Catch The Rainbow, Self Portrait, Snakecharmer, Rainbow Eyes, Lady Of The Lake, Run With The Wolf, etc.

KerryKingsBeard
10-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Ozzy's just saying it because people are paying more attention to Ronnie this week than they are him.

JRA
10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Ozzy's just saying it because people are paying more attention to Ronnie this week than they are him.

Exactly.

HECHO EN MEXICO
10-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Ozzy's just saying it because people are paying more attention to Ronnie this week than they are him.WORDS OF WISDOM.

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Sharon's just saying it because people are paying more attention to Ronnie this week than they are her husband and their corporation.

fixed :flame:

ADD
10-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Agreed with all of the above.

es156
10-26-2006, 03:34 PM

He played Stargazer in 2003 when he opened for Maiden.

:horns:

KerryKingsBeard
10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
fixed :flame:
EXCUSE ME

ADD
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
He played Stargazer in 2003 when he opened for Maiden.

:horns:
And in 2004 with Anthrax and Fireball Ministry:party: Those were the two shows I've seen of his.

JRA
10-26-2006, 04:12 PM
EXCUSE ME

No, he's right. Honestly, Ozzy could probably care less about Ronnie James Dio. I seriously think Sharon shits out a good 3/4 of Ozzy's press releases, especially considering a) how Ozzy addresses people in person on TV and b) Ozzy's overall shunning of most modern technology (I read a foreward that Ozzy did for a Classic Rock/Metal Hammer special on the 70's and he said "A large part of me still is in the 70's. I refuse to use a Cell-phone and I refuse to use E-mail.").

DethMaiden
10-26-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm not gonna read five pages of posts, but fuck Sharon.

JRA
10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm not gonna read five pages of posts, but fuck Sharon.

:lol:

The mack truck of karma.:D

EvilCheeseWedge
10-26-2006, 04:18 PM
No, he's right. Honestly, Ozzy could probably care less about Ronnie James Dio. I seriously think Sharon shits out a good 3/4 of Ozzy's press releases, especially considering a) how Ozzy addresses people in person on TV and b) Ozzy's overall shunning of most modern technology (I read a foreward that Ozzy did for Classic Rock/Metal Hammer special on the 70's and he said "A large part of me still is in the 70's. I refuse to use a Cell-phone and I refuse to use E-mail.").
This is entirely true. Dio also shuns technology. When I talked to him in 2004 he wasn't even aware that his website had been re-designed ;)

Seriously though, I think either one of those guys has better things to do then troll the 'Net anyways. :D

hot_turkey_ed
10-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Ozzy's statement is probably just Ozzy's machine squawking.... part of me doubts Ozzy is even paying attention.

hot_turkey_ed
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
No, he's right. Honestly, Ozzy could probably care less about Ronnie James Dio. I seriously think Sharon shits out a good 3/4 of Ozzy's press releases, especially considering a) how Ozzy addresses people in person on TV and b) Ozzy's overall shunning of most modern technology (I read a foreward that Ozzy did for Classic Rock/Metal Hammer special on the 70's and he said "A large part of me still is in the 70's. I refuse to use a Cell-phone and I refuse to use E-mail.").

:fist:

JRA
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Ozzy's statement is probably just Ozzy's machine squawking.... part of me doubts Ozzy is even paying attention.

Are you calling Sharon a robo-parrot?:D

Yoda
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't believe much, if any, of this statement.

JRA
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't believe much, if any, of this statement.

Well, hey! Where have you been?

Yoda
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, hey! Where have you been?

Working and studying.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Working and studying.
And now you're here slacking with the rest of us :allan:

:D

ADD
10-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Working and studying.
Two things that suck basically:tongue: Good to see ya:cool:

Yoda
10-26-2006, 05:28 PM
And now you're here slacking with the rest of us :allan:

:D

Sort of. I'm between sets for my lifting.

Yoda
10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Two things that suck basically:tongue: Good to see ya:cool:

I love studying. Work is intersting if nothing else.

ADD
10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I love studying. Work is intersting if nothing else.
Well I guess it depends what you are studying. Work, well, that's another story:D

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2006, 05:39 PM
This is entirely true. Dio also shuns technology. When I talked to him in 2004 he wasn't even aware that his website had been re-designed ;)

Seriously though, I think either one of those guys has better things to do then troll the 'Net anyways. :D

Juliya say "So, from in Killing the Dragon, the dragon is, like, a computer?"
Dio repies "Well, actually, its represents technology as a whole."

ADD
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Juliya say "So, from in Killing the Dragon, the dragon is, like, a computer?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: