PDA

View Full Version : Jesper left In Flames

sneakbobcat
10-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Jesper has left In Flames to deal with some of his problems. :flame:
The band are still however touring. That sucks. At least he'll be back.

EvilCheeseWedge
10-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah, this sucks :(

I already have my tickets for their December 15th show :)

sneakbobcat
10-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I've got mine for Unholy Alliance, i suppose it makes these shows more unique, but it certainly doesn't make them better. Far worse actually.

DethMaiden
10-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I'll be seeing them in December, I don't think this will affect the show in any way.

SomewhereInTime72
10-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, I guess it doesn't matter that it looked like In Flames were heading in the right direction. They need Jesper.

Edit: Wait it he coming back or is this for good? If he's coming back, never mind my statement.

Nemesis
10-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I've got mine for Unholy Alliance, i suppose it makes these shows more unique, but it certainly doesn't make them better. Far worse actually.I have seen Unholy Alliance on monday and it was the best thing I've ever seen.

ChildrenofSodom
10-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, I guess it doesn't matter that it looked like In Flames were heading in the right direction. They need Jesper.

Edit: Wait it he coming back or is this for good? If he's coming back, never mind my statement.

they say he will come back.....I saw them in May and I will see them again in December, and the whole band are great performers, nevermind whether you think that are headed toward emocore.

sneakbobcat
10-25-2006, 07:35 AM
they say he will come back.....I saw them in May and I will see them again in December, and the whole band are great performers, nevermind whether you think that are headed toward emocore.

agreed.
They are a great band despite the music they put out. Jesper is an amazing guitarist - Jesper is the best part of In Flames in my opinion. Just listen to the first album written solely by him.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 12:40 PM
agreed.
They are a great band despite the music they put out. Jesper is an amazing guitarist - Jesper is the best part of In Flames in my opinion. Just listen to the first album written solely by him.

I think it was him, that Juliya (formerly of FUSE) asked what band he most liked on Ozzfest 2005....."Yah, Iron Maiden. Definetely Iron Maiden." In the most stereotypical Swedish accent.

ADD
10-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Why should anyone care:wtf:

sneakbobcat
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
because.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Why should anyone care:wtf:

why should we care that you dont care?

ADD
10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
why should we care that you dont care?
I didn't say I don't care, I asked why people do care:cool: What's so special about this guy? That he can rip off Iron Maiden and Judas Priest melodies and turn them into death metal pretty well?:party:

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I didn't say I don't care, I asked why people do care:cool: What's so special about this guy? That he can rip off Iron Maiden and Judas Priest melodies and turn them into death metal pretty well?:party:

yes...because when I listen to In Flames, I say

"Man..I love these guys...they are so Maiden-esque."

ADD
10-25-2006, 04:35 PM
yes...because when I listen to In Flames, I say

"Man..I love these guys...they are so Maiden-esque."
Perhaps their only semi-redeeming quality, at least for the first couple records.

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Perhaps their only semi-redeeming quality, at least for the first couple records.

sorry....not everyone can be as original and cool as Rage Against the Machine and Tool

ADD
10-25-2006, 07:10 PM
sorry....not everyone can be as original and cool as Rage Against the Machine and Tool
Alright.........:eyes:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, if In Flames ripped off Iron Maiden, then Iron Maiden ripped off Judas Priest and so on.

MetalDrummer888
10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
shut up addi . . . you used to love them, just because their new albums suck doesnt mean you have to go off the deep end and say they all do. Listen to a song like "Swim". You cant possibly say that there wasnt a lot of songwriting talent in In Flames (even if there isnt now)

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I'd take Come Clarity over 10,000 Days any day, quite honestly :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
10-25-2006, 07:56 PM

http://www.thecrackshack.com/ro/owned/6210lumberg_nabs.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
10-25-2006, 08:11 PM
I hate to say it, but I might just agree with you there.

ADD
10-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Glad to see you're one of the 10 relatively sane people on the planet who would make the same assertation with a straight face:party:

You guys can listen to your emo-disguised-as-fake-metal bullshit all you want if it makes you content and satisfies your musical thirst:)

MetalDrummer888
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
emo-disguised-as-fake-metal bullshit
what band are you refering to there? :eyes:

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Glad to see you're one of the 10 relatively sane people on the planet who would make the same assertation with a straight face:party:

You guys can listen to your emo-disguised-as-fake-metal bullshit all you want if it makes you content and satisfies your musical thirst:)

I'm sure there's more then 10. I don't even really care for either album, but I find myself listening to Come Clarity more often than 10,000 Days.

And you can listen to your pretentious bullshit disguised by genious marketing if that's what makes you content :) (I can make shit up too!!)

ADD
10-25-2006, 08:52 PM
shut up addi . . . you used to love them, just because their new albums suck doesnt mean you have to go off the deep end and say they all do. Listen to a song like "Swim". You cant possibly say that there wasnt a lot of songwriting talent in In Flames (even if there isnt now)

I wish they did know how to "swim", but instead they sunk like a fucking 20-ton weight after Clayman:violin: They stuff they put out before that was good though, especially The Jester Race, which probably is an album most people who like this nu-metal garbage they put out now have never heard of. Otherwise I think they'd be quite disheartened themselves.

It isn't about a change in style; I love it when bands evolve and change. However, when the quality is lost and they obviously only care for the money (interesting time to launch an American radio campain 15 years into their career) it really upsets me. That's why I don't give a shit about bands they them anymore. Bodom got a jumpstart on that path themselves, after the next album they will get to follow the footsteps of once-great bands like In Flames, Lacuna Coil, etc that chose to go down a little different path than the one they went down when their hearts were in it. Anyone who can't tell the difference should proabbly take a closer listen and look at the way the bands conduct themselves even. Arch Enemy thankfully saved themselves from this fate with 'Doomsday Machine', otherwise I would have thought them next in line. Mastodon survived as well. Who will be next to fall no one yet knows....

ADD
10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
And you can listen to your pretentious bullshit disguised by genious marketing if that's what makes you content :) (I can make shit up too!!)

It's not worth arguing over again, but I do feel sad that you guys don't seem to get it. Oh well, it's not for everyone Pretentious, what a word. We are so densensitized that nothing can be unique or cool anymore; if its remotely adventuorus or different, its now deemed pretentious. Too bad.

ADD
10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
what band are you refering to there? :eyes:

In Flames.

TAKE THIS LIFE CUZ IT'S T3H SUX0R!!!!!!! :boohoo:

I guess life only gets bad after you start making big bucks:lol: Wonder why they never sang about that stuff when they were hungry tired death metal musicians in Sweden......

EvilCheeseWedge
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
adventuorus or different, its now deemed pretentious.

What the fuck is different about it? It's the same shit they've always done. Don't kid yourself. They found a winning formula and they've stuck to it.

I only said pretentious because of your emo comment. It's the same no-substance shit.

Nemesis
10-25-2006, 09:24 PM
In Flames.

TAKE THIS LIFE CUZ IT'S T3H SUX0R!!!!!!! :boohoo:

I guess life only gets bad after you start making big bucks:lol: Wonder why they never sang about that stuff when they were hungry tired death metal musicians in Sweden......Because they were young. ANd now stop the bullshit, ADD. My fingers are nervous.

Angelripper
10-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Although I don't like the new albums, this is a sad day.

sneakbobcat
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Jesper loves his music, he loves the fans and he loves his band. Not many musicians can say that and sound so good at the same time. Very passionate about his works. It gives a great sound out. And all his stuff is original. He does NOT rip off Maiden and Priest. (Clay Man, Man Made God, Gyroscope, Swim)
If you wanted to go on saying people shouldn't care cause this band rips off this band, why should people care about any heavy metal bands?

ADD
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
(Clay Man, Man Made God, Gyroscope, Swim)
?

I wouldn't have anything to complain about if HALF their songs were as good as these.

ADD
10-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Because they were young.

So are you saying bands write better lyrics when they are young? In Flames are not known for their skills with a pen and paper, but some of the stuff pre-Clayman was better than what their contemporaries were putting out. Now it's the same old tired stuff that everyone sings about. I know that because I am making this point it makes me seem like a stickler for lyrics, but really lyrics to me are the least important aspect of a band. It comes down to the music essentially, and if they wanna sing about picking daisy's to a kickass tune with great melodies and hooks (like before) then I'd be fine with it. But they definitely have gone for the stripped-down radio rock with an 'edge' thing that Killswitch Engage make a killing off, and if that puts food on their plates and helps them sleep at night then fine; but I don't wanna hear it. I wanna hear the band who made The Jester Race and Whoracle. I'm not saying that the new shit is intrinsicaly bad because it is different, I am saying that I simply do not like their new style. My original post in this thread was just a tongue-in-cheek remark, not to be construed as a statement of fact that no person's should care about In Flames or their ex-guitarist.

ADD
10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
he loves the fans

Which ones? My friends who met him at Ozzfest last summer said the band were total dicks. Not to pass judgments, just saying what I heard.

sneakbobcat
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
They weren't dicks when i saw them. Infact, they put on a great show, they talked to the crowd a lot and afterwards they were kind enough to see everyone off waiting for them all outside at the front of the venue wishing everyone a safe journey home. If that is a band full of dicks, then dude, you have pretty damn high standards.

ADD
10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
They weren't dicks when i saw them. Infact, they put on a great show, they talked to the crowd a lot and afterwards they were kind enough to see everyone off waiting for them all outside at the front of the venue wishing everyone a safe journey home. If that is a band full of dicks, then dude, you have pretty damn high standards.
Well I'm glad to hear you had a better experience with them :)

sneakbobcat
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Well I'm glad to hear you had a better experience with them :)

Glad to share the experiance with you. Just to tell you they do not seem like dicks at all.;)

SomewhereInTime72
10-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah I sort of "met" the guys from In Flames (only for about a minute or so) and they were really nice. I like Come Clarity, but not RTR and STYE. I like their old style a lot more than their new style, but I think they still have a chance to be relevant in the metal world.

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Which ones? My friends who met him at Ozzfest last summer said the band were total dicks. Not to pass judgments, just saying what I heard.

Maybe your friends was just full of all of the dicks that were at ozzfest, and he could differentiate between dicks and non-dicks.

ADD
10-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Maybe your friends was just full of all of the dicks that were at ozzfest, and he could differentiate between dicks and non-dicks.
Maybe.

SomewhereInTime72
10-26-2006, 05:35 PM
:lol: :lol: That makes no sense, but at the same time seems very possible. :tongue:

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
:lol: :lol: That makes no sense, but at the same time seems very possible. :tongue:

its makes totals senses

ChildrenofSodom
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Maybe your friend was just full of all of the dicks that were at ozzfest, and he couldn't differentiate between dicks and non-dicks.

fixed