PDA

View Full Version : IRON MAIDEN Planning On Another Studio Album...

hot_turkey_ed
10-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60617)

LiveDaily.com: What do you see for the future of IRON MAIDEN? Will you continue cranking out albums?

Dave Murray: "Absolutely. We're touring until the end of the year, and then we're going to take some time off and maybe do something next year. We definitely have plans to do another studio album. Obviously, the dust hasn't settled on this one. There's definitely plans to make a new studio album but fans won't see that for a couple more years.

powerslave_85
10-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Quit while you're ahead, boys.

hot_turkey_ed
10-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Quit while you're ahead, boys.

That would have been a long time ago. :D

powerslave_85
10-19-2006, 10:34 PM
This may sound like a "tinfoil hat" idea, but I think that maybe if AMOLAD hadn't done so well here, they may have reconsidered.

Div
10-19-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm predicting one more album before they hang up their guitars and retire. Maybe come out once in awhile to headline for Judas Priest or something.

Fe Maiden
10-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60617)

LiveDaily.com: What do you see for the future of IRON MAIDEN? Will you continue cranking out albums?

Dave Murray: "Absolutely. We're touring until the end of the year, and then we're going to take some time off and maybe do something next year. We definitely have plans to do another studio album. Obviously, the dust hasn't settled on this one. There's definitely plans to make a new studio album but fans won't see that for a couple more years.
:party: Hoping for something next year!!!!!!

SirLardsAlot
10-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm predicting one more album before they hang up their guitars and retire. Maybe come out once in awhile to headline for Judas Priest or something.
Priest is way older than Maiden, I wouldn't be surprised to see them call it quits soon either.

frengo72
10-20-2006, 09:38 AM
:rocker: with all the respect:stop doing new fucking stuff and play the coolest song you have ever written Maiden! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

JRA
10-20-2006, 10:43 AM
:rocker: with all the respect:stop doing new fucking stuff and play the coolest song you have ever written Maiden! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Which is...?

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2006, 11:10 AM
really? i was hoping for solo projects.....

Another Bruce album would be good.....and dont forget McBrain Damage.

DethMaiden
10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
I just want them to finish the History of Iron Maiden DVD series. Then I'll be content.

SomewhereInTime72
10-20-2006, 03:04 PM
I will admit that I will never be content with the end of Maiden. They should just live and play for eternity or something.

Bloodcurse
10-20-2006, 10:38 PM
I'd like to see Maiden keep making music...wouldn't want them to become one of these bands who never make new music and play the same small shit clubs every year touring to support nothing but their drug habit. They could record another 6 albums and I'd be happy. But, I love Maiden so much.

ADD
10-22-2006, 01:20 PM
I'll take 10 more albums the caliber of Fear Of The Dark or something, I don't care:D

hot_turkey_ed
10-22-2006, 01:45 PM
I'll take 10 more albums the caliber of Fear Of The Dark or something, I don't care:D

I like FotD on the whole. :fingers:

Maiden33
10-23-2006, 06:01 AM
I figured they'd do another one, especially after the fact that AMOLAD seemed to happen so easily for them, it really seemed like they had fun making it.

And it's a good thing too, cause A Matter of Life and Death shows that they definately still have "it", so it would be stupid to quit with this much potential left.

Maiden33
10-23-2006, 06:05 AM
I just want them to finish the History of Iron Maiden DVD series. Then I'll be content.

I think you're the only one who really really cares about that.

Personally I don't care. I'd like to have the tour that would accompany the next set, but footage-wise, I don't care.
I have Live After Death on DVD, Maiden England on DVD, and probably as good of footage from the Somewhere In Time tour that exists.

DethMaiden
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
I think you're the only one who really really cares about that.

Personally I don't care. I'd like to have the tour that would accompany the next set, but footage-wise, I don't care.
I have Live After Death on DVD, Maiden England on DVD, and probably as good of footage from the Somewhere In Time tour that exists.

The point isn't the DVDs, the point is their accompanying tours.

Maiden33
10-23-2006, 12:30 PM
The point isn't the DVDs, the point is their accompanying tours.

An inside source tells me that these tours may not be happening either way.

sneakbobcat
10-23-2006, 01:16 PM

go on..

hot_turkey_ed
10-23-2006, 04:11 PM

Are you saying the Powerslave tour in 2008 is in jeopardy? Are you saying the 2007 won't happen? Spill the beans.... What's the scoop?

Maiden33
10-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Well I don't know that much, I just happen to be in contact with an unamed individual who is good friends with a member of Maiden. When I hung out with him at the Maiden show, I mentioned that I couldn't wait for the 84-89 themed tour, and he told me that he wasn't sure if it was happening. I don't have almighty info, just a rumor.