PDA

View Full Version : Thornography

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I know not too many people on here like Cradle of Filth, and I have only heard a limited amount of their material, but Thornography sounds promising. I saw the video for Temptation (youtube) and it sounds pretty good. Of course, it is not black metal, as they so pretentiously infer. Some girl sings on the track, but she is no Jezabel (sp?) from Antgoria.

This may have to be my first Cradle of Filth purchase. Also, Ville Valo from HIM will be making a guest appearance :fist: m3tol!!

DethMaiden
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Buy it to match your shirt. Then despise yourself for ever buying either.

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Buy it to match your shirt. Then despise yourself for ever buying either.

:finger:

ADD
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
/end thread\

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
/end thread\

z0mg3rz t00l

Div
10-09-2006, 04:47 PM
CoF suck even more then Shagrath does.

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2006, 04:55 PM
CoF suck even more then Shagrath does.

You suck even more that you do.

KerryKingsBeard
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
You suck even more that you do.
That doesn't make sense! :)

SnakeCharmer
10-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Temptation is some cover and I think its terribly done. Actually Thornography is a surpisingly good album. I really didnt expect to enjoy it but upon the first listen I liked certain things about it. Its more strippped down (not as bombastic), more raw, more guitar melodies and Dani doesnt try to sing as high anymore (since he probably cant) and he ocassionaly throws in some 'clean' singing. Granted its not a great album or one that I would listen to often but there is some good stuff in there.

MetalDrummer888
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
buy midian . . . it is an amazing album, and "her ghost in the fog" is one of the best songs ive ever heard

from what ive heard of thornography it sounds horrible . . almost with some metalcore influence

Div
10-09-2006, 06:47 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but I find this to be very much a poser band. Has anyone heard cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name? Their goth fans go around saying how its "sooo much better" then Maiden's version. God I hate people.

"omg danni filth is so badass and hardcore" - shut ure fucking mouth!

MetalDrummer888
10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but I find this to be very much a poser band. Has anyone heard cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name? Their goth fans go around saying how its "sooo much better" then Maiden's version. God I hate people.

"omg danni filth is so badass and hardcore" - shut ure fucking mouth!

i think its really stupid when people judge a band by their fans. yea, almost all cradle fans are posers . . . in fact almost every single kid at my school that wears his maiden shirt to school everyday just because it suddenly became cool is a poser. In reality, most kids that maintain that they are "metalheads" are complete posers. But you know what? it doesnt matter. It is all about your personal realtionship with the music you hear. I dont run around with long hair and faded metal shirts and jeans, but i bet you that i know more about meal, can play metal better, and listen to more metal with more dedication than 99% of people that do fill all the stereotypes. Fuck them all . . . they all are fucking losers anyway. One band that i do happen to enjoy is cradle of Filth. I have 2 cds by them, and i only really like one so i can hardly call myself a fan, but i did give them a chance and think that "midian" was a really creative, strong extreme metal album. No, its not black metal, but labelling music according to genres is just stupid anyway. I dont know or want to know any of the kids at my school that wear CoF shirts, because quite frankly they are all losers. But im not going to right a band off as being a poser band just because they have some crappy fans. if you just dont like Cof's sound, which is quite possible, then fine, but dont judge a band by their fans. if you are a band that has released as many albums as CoF and worked hard enough to be able to make being a musician your job, then you are not a poser. Its just that simple . . . even if the band is Blink 182 or some crappy pop band, if you get off your ass and get out of your garage and make some music that people like, then you are not a poser.

:cool:

SomewhereInTime72
10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
dont run around with long hair and faded metal shirts and jeans, but i bet you that i know more about meal, can play metal better, and listen to more metal with more dedication than 99% of people that do fill all the stereotypes.
I do... am I a poser? :(

MetalDrummer888
10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
I do... am I a poser? :(
not necessarily . . . i was simply pointing out that just because you dress "metal" doesnt mean you actually are

DethMaiden
10-10-2006, 03:37 AM
I fully realize that by ignoring social standards and dressing metal I'm just conforming to a different social standard...but I don't care. It's the only clothes I'm really comfortable wearing.

sneakbobcat
10-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Nymphetamine is good, but it's mainstream gothic.
Some of the stuff on it is very good, and i like the cover songs you get on the second disc (if you buy the double disc edition)

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
i agree with metaldrummer....you shouldnt base the music of CoF or Dimmu Borgir on their fans.

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2006, 12:02 PM
buy midian . . . it is an amazing album, and "her ghost in the fog" is one of the best songs ive ever heard

from what ive heard of thornography it sounds horrible . . almost with some metalcore influence

i saw the video for Her Ghost in the Fog i thought it was very, very good.

DethMaiden
10-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Nymphetamine is good, but it's mainstream gothic.
Some of the stuff on it is very good, and i like the cover songs you get on the second disc (if you buy the double disc edition)

Devil Woman featuring King Diamond= :drool:

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2006, 12:18 PM
compare the two "Temptations"

heaven 17's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWw60hLS7i0

CoF's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGK3vGm_pjo

MetalDrummer888
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
i saw the video for Her Ghost in the Fog i thought it was very, very good.

they cut like 4 minutes from it to . . . . go by midian now . . . it is really the only CoF album you need (dusk and her embrace is also good)

ADD
10-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Midian is a wretchedly bad album IMO. I think I'd rather listen to Trivium. That should really tell you something.

:2cents:

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Midian is a wretchedly bad album IMO. I think I'd rather listen to Trivium. That should really tell you something.

:2cents:

HAHAHA

ADD
10-10-2006, 06:22 PM
HAHAHA
At least now you know how serious I am. I'm so serious I'm not even using smilies.

:radar:

Div
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't dislike the bands because of their loser fanbase, but that sure adds to it. I dislike them cause their music is unoriginal (for the most part, some exceptions) and just not enjoyable to listen to from any perspective. CoF just don't seem to come close to fitting in any sub category of metal. Compared to other Death Metal they suck, compared to Thrash they suck, the only thing I can think of that they fit in is metalcore.

ChildrenofSodom
10-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't dislike the bands because of their loser fanbase, but that sure adds to it. I dislike them cause their music is unoriginal (for the most part, some exceptions) and just not enjoyable to listen to from any perspective. CoF just don't seem to come close to fitting in any sub category of metal. Compared to other Death Metal they suck, compared to Thrash they suck, the only thing I can think of that they fit in is metalcore.

CoF arent metalcore.

sneakbobcat
10-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't judge music on what their fans are like. I judge it by how it sounds. I even enjoy very remote music from metal. Just because i like mainly metal doesn't mean i don't like other things, some people may find bands like Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse and Velvet Revolver all rubbish. But personally i like them all. On top of your Iron Maiden, In Flames, Tool, Mastodon and Killswitch Engage!
I don't base it on the band's personality, fans, fashion sense or anything except the music ^except the above do all add to it! :P

The whole point of that was to say "don't judge music by the fans or image, judge it by the way it sounds"

DethMaiden
10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
The whole point of that was to say "don't judge music by the fans or image, judge it by the way it sounds"

While this is true, it has to peeve you a little when you see some total loser wearing a shirt of a band you like.