Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days (Wings, Pt 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

I'm kinda dissapointed that they didn't play Sober, Right In Two, or Opiate (Or ANYTHING before Aenima, in fact). The show was still great however. Addi, I don't think you have reason to complain... Wings For Marie was pretty lame, easily the low point in the show... I didn't even notice the light show until that song because the band was able to distract me enough. 10,000 days was sweet though :drool: . And Aenima... Holy fuck that was great. :rocker: :rocker:

Great show!

I'll probably write a full review later.

iggyb387
10-07-2006, 09:52 PM
I bet Maiden was better.

Sound like a good show though.

SomewhereInTime72
10-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I bet Maiden was better.
review/setlist pl0x.

iggyb387
10-07-2006, 10:15 PM
review/setlist pl0x.

My Maiden show had the exact same setlist as all the other shows. And everything there is to be said has been said already.

Besides Bruce claiming to have had a "Spinal Tap moment" because Philadelphia ran out of electricity.

You know, Bruce screaming "SCREAM FOR ME, PHILLY!" all the time might have been a "Spinal Tap moment". The show was in Camden, NJ.

ADD
10-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I think 'Wings' in a live setting is lost on most people because it really isn't a song meant to be played live I don't think, and from other reviews I've read most of the audience seems to disengage and take piss breaks or whatever during that song, which upsets me. Otherwise glad you liked it:party:

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 03:23 AM
Like the setlist, I won't be complaining if we get the same. I'm just wanting wanting to see 10,000 Days, Lateralus and Parabola - but i doubt we will get Parabola. (European tour)
Thanks for that.
Aenema always rocks!

DethMaiden
10-08-2006, 05:37 AM
I always find Wings boring and Days awesome even though they're essentially the smae song.

ADD
10-08-2006, 01:42 PM
The spring tour will certainly have 'Wings' so I'm happy enough:cool: In retrospect I'm glad I got to see Right In Two also because by then I will have likely seen all the 10,000 Days songs they chose to play live (unless by some mircale they start doing Intension). If they do Opiate next spring then I will have gotten to see all the songs they did on this tour at some point or another:party:

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 01:56 PM
The spring tour will certainly have 'Wings' so I'm happy enough:cool: In retrospect I'm glad I got to see Right In Two also because by then I will have likely seen all the 10,000 Days songs they chose to play live (unless by some mircale they start doing Intension). If they do Opiate next spring then I will have gotten to see all the songs they did on this tour at some point or another:party:

well... When I saw them they did a shortened minute or so version of Intension as the intro to Right In Two. Also, what makes you think they will do a spring tour in 2007 and if they do what makes you think they will play wings and 10,000 Days?
Did you get Sober??

ADD
10-08-2006, 01:58 PM
well... When I saw them they did a shortened minute or so version of Intension as the intro to Right In Two. Also, what makes you think they will do a spring tour in 2007 and if they do what makes you think they will play wings and 10,000 Days?
Did you get Sober??

They do the Intension intro everytime they play it, but like on the album when the song fades out before Right In Two starts so its not really the song. They said they will be doing a spring U.S tour on their website, and Justin stated in an interview that Wings/10,000 Days will become a staple in their setlist and remain there. Yes, I got Sober both times, they only recently dropped it like a couple weeks ago.

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:00 PM
They do the Intension intro everytime they play it, but like on the album when the song fades out before Right In Two starts so its not really the song. They said they will be doing a spring U.S tour on their website, and Justin stated in an interview that Wings/10,000 Days will become a staple in their setlist and remain there. Yes, I got Sober both times, they only recently dropped it like a couple weeks ago.

They dropped Sober and Right In Two because Mayanard got some voice problems i heard. Also that's pretty cool you get to see them 3 times in 2 years. I hope they come back here next year too. And here's hoping they adopt Intension and a few Lateralus songs into their setlist.:party:

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:05 PM
They dropped Sober and Right In Two because Mayanard got some voice problems i heard. Also that's pretty cool you get to see them 3 times in 2 years. I hope they come back here next year too. And here's hoping they adopt Intension and a few Lateralus songs into their setlist.:party:

Yeah Maynard's been sick lately, plus adding roughly 20 minutes of set time with the Wings songs means they needed to trim something. If they end up playing here before May it will have been 3 times in one year, because the first show of the tour I saw was on May 4th, their 3rd show since 2002 and that was really special for me. I really hope for Intension as well, and I'd like to obviously see more variety too. Some rare lost stuff would just be phenomenal, and Tool have been traditionally known for changing their setlists up a lot (this tour is an aberration unfortunately) so who knows?:D

BTW here's the clue about the spring tour:

Blair September 29 Toolband.com: "With regards to the postponed show in San Antonio on September 12th, the band will make it up sometime in the early spring of next year. They are currently in the process of finalizing the tour details (Spring), so check back with the site as I hope to have more information in the next week or so."

SomewhereInTime72
10-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, Maynard kept mentioning about how he'd see us in Spring. I really wanna see that show too... depending on how much money I have at that time.

Also, I don't think he sounded sick... he sounded great... especially on those high notes at the end of Vicarious. :drool:

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah Maynard's been sick lately, plus adding roughly 20 minutes of set time with the Wings songs means they needed to trim something. If they end up playing here before May it will have been 3 times in one year, because the first show of the tour I saw was on May 4th, their 3rd show since 2002 and that was really special for me. I really hope for Intension as well, and I'd like to obviously see more variety too. Some rare lost stuff would just be phenomenal, and Tool have been traditionally known for changing their setlists up a lot (this tour is an aberration unfortunately) so who knows?:D

BTW here's the clue about the spring tour:

Blair September 29 Toolband.com: "With regards to the postponed show in San Antonio on September 12th, the band will make it up sometime in the early spring of next year. They are currently in the process of finalizing the tour details (Spring), so check back with the site as I hope to have more information in the next week or so."

Interesting, that's news to me. But maybe they aren't doing a big tour, just a few dates perhaps. Well I'd be happy to see them come here for the 3rd time. I wasn't planning on going to see them on this tour, but Mastodon announced support so i moved my money around a little bit and im living cheap to go to it :D.
I think they are finnished their US tour now, so I'm hoping for a European setlist, and hoping that the setlist has changed slightly for next time. And hopefully they keep The Pot in, as they didn't play that last time. And Aenema ofcourse.

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Maynard kept mentioning about how he'd see us in Spring. I really wanna see that show too... depending on how much money I have at that time.

Also, I don't think he sounded sick... he sounded great... especially on those high notes at the end of Vicarious. :drool:
By now he should be over his cold, but singing in a touring band like that night after night is tough.

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Interesting, that's news to me. But maybe they aren't doing a big tour, just a few dates perhaps. Well I'd be happy to see them come here for the 3rd time. I wasn't planning on going to see them on this tour, but Mastodon announced support so i moved my money around a little bit and im living cheap to go to it :D.
I think they are finnished their US tour now, so I'm hoping for a European setlist, and hoping that the setlist has changed slightly for next time. And hopefully they keep The Pot in, as they didn't play that last time. And Aenema ofcourse.

Tool + Mastodon= :wow: :wow: :wow: Fucking awesome. I wonder who will support them when they come back here......if they're half as good as Isis I'll be content:D

Yeah last night was the last show I believe, then Europe in November-December, then to Australia and New Zealand in January '07, and after that probably another month break or so and wrap things up back home:)

I really hope you get The Pot as well, it's definitely one of the funnest live songs in their set. You won't miss Sober I don't think, meh.

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Oh shit SIT72 I forgot to ask what did you think of Isis!?

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm not a big Mastodon fan, but i was quite dissapointed to hear they pulled out of the Unholy Alliance for the European leg. So at least this way i get to see a bigger set from them at a better show.
I quite wanted them to play Sober for the last show i saw, and im glad they included it.
I like their set, they seem to be including lasers and shit. :D

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm not a big Mastodon fan, but i was quite dissapointed to hear they pulled out of the Unholy Alliance for the European leg. So at least this way i get to see a bigger set from them at a better show.
I quite wanted them to play Sober for the last show i saw, and im glad they included it.
I like their set, they seem to be including lasers and shit. :D

The lasers are definitely sweet, but the Lateralus tour setup completely dwarfed this one in every way. 3 shows on that tour would have been just unreal, different setlists every night too.

DethMaiden
10-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I'll see them in the spring if they invite Mastodon back ;)

SomewhereInTime72
10-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh shit SIT72 I forgot to ask what did you think of Isis!?
Ah. Well, since I don't think I'm going to get around to typing a full review (I mean... I just got up from like a 3 hour nap :eyes: )...

I'd only heard about 2 Isis songs before I saw them, but I was very impressed by their material. They're style, which is sort of what I felt from the two songs, reminded me of a mix of Tool, Mastodon, and Agalloch, except not as fucking amazing as that sounds on paper :tongue:. They were really good (although nothing compared to Tool) and now I plan on looking into more of their material. I didn't like the singers 'harsh' vocals sometimes, though... they sounded weird. :eyes: Overall I thought they were much better than the last opening band I saw (Operatika :lol: :lol: ).

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:20 PM
The lasers are definitely sweet, but the Lateralus tour setup completely dwarfed this one in every way. 3 shows on that tour would have been just unreal, different setlists every night too.

It's a shame i was too young and not into Tool at that point. (2004 is when i got into Tool)
But im not going to be annoyed about what i missed then, cause there's no chance i would have ever gone. I can only imagine, from the videos and pictures i've seen i think the new set looks better than the lateralus set. Except D/R/T looks very very good with all the visuals and stuff.

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:22 PM
It's a shame i was too young and not into Tool at that point. (2004 is when i got into Tool)
But im not going to be annoyed about what i missed then, cause there's no chance i would have ever gone. I can only imagine, from the videos and pictures i've seen i think the new set looks better than the lateralus set. Except D/R/T looks very very good with all the visuals and stuff.

D/R/T live rivals only Lateralus and Jambi for me I think.......shit, fucking incredible stuff.

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Ah. Well, since I don't think I'm going to get around to typing a full review (I mean... I just got up from like a 3 hour nap :eyes: )...

I'd only heard about 2 Isis songs before I saw them, but I was very impressed by their material. They're style, which is sort of what I felt from the two songs, reminded me of a mix of Tool, Mastodon, and Agalloch, except not as fucking amazing as that sounds on paper :tongue:. They were really good (although nothing compared to Tool) and now I plan on looking into more of their material. I didn't like the singers 'harsh' vocals sometimes, though... they sounded weird. :eyes: Overall I thought they were much better than the last opening band I saw (Operatika :lol: :lol: ).

It's funny to see how an outsider not familiar with Isis' genre describes their sound, and you did it with bands you are familiar with, very cool:D I would never throw Mastodon or Agalloch in there, but the Tool influence is obviously big, especially on the new album. I'm glad you liked them:cool:

Isis are gonna tour the U.S with Jesu in February, you guys should keep your eyes peeled for info on that one:party: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to seeing Isis play a full set.

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
D/R/T live rivals only Lateralus and Jambi for me I think.......shit, fucking incredible stuff.

Well Jambi is very very impressive live. I was astounded to see how much better it sounded seeing it rather than hearing it on CD. And I didn't listen to Lateralus much until i heard it live :rocker: truly amazing.
Im overexcited about this next gig they are playing here. As i only just bought my ticket and it's now sold out.
The first time i saw them they played at a 2,500 sized venue, this time it's 10,000.

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Well Jambi is very very impressive live. I was astounded to see how much better it sounded seeing it rather than hearing it on CD. And I didn't listen to Lateralus much until i heard it live :rocker: truly amazing.
Im overexcited about this next gig they are playing here. As i only just bought my ticket and it's now sold out.
The first time i saw them they played at a 2,500 sized venue, this time it's 10,000.

You're gonna love it:horns:

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:31 PM
You're gonna love it:horns:

I hope so. Slayer and Motorhead before then though.:rocker:

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I hope so. Slayer and Motorhead before then though.:rocker:
Hell of a concert schedule you got coming up:allan:

SomewhereInTime72
10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
As i only just bought my ticket and it's now sold out.
They should make a live album called 10,000 Seats. :eyes:

ADD
10-08-2006, 02:37 PM
They should make a live album called 10,000 Seats. :eyes:
l0lz0r :dorky:

:D Tool are loooooooooooooooooong overdue for a live DVD actually:bouville:

sneakbobcat
10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
There are only 1,000 seats, 9,000 standing at the venue i am seeing them at. But funny joke :D
They make too many music DVD things.

ADD
10-08-2006, 04:02 PM
They make too many music DVD things.

Tool?

sneakbobcat
10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Tool?

Yeh, just not live ones, they have that schism one, parabola and they are bringing out vicarious dvd too.

ADD
10-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeh, just not live ones, they have that schism one, parabola and they are bringing out vicarious dvd too.
2 DVD singles released simultaneously means they release too many music DVD things???? Vicarious doesn't even have a video yet.

sneakbobcat
10-10-2006, 08:38 AM
2 DVD singles released simultaneously means they release too many music DVD things???? Vicarious doesn't even have a video yet.

It's coming out... And there's talk of a 10,000 Days movie. - rumour.

ADD
10-10-2006, 03:21 PM
It's coming out... And there's talk of a 10,000 Days movie. - rumour.
If you even slightly believe that rumor you're basically a total douchebag/dumbass.

And yeah, the Vicarious DVD single obviously will come at some point.....probably in another 3 years or so:lol:

sneakbobcat
10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
If you even slightly believe that rumor you're basically a total douchebag/dumbass.

And yeah, the Vicarious DVD single obviously will come at some point.....probably in another 3 years or so:lol:

haha. I don't beleive the rumour, i just say there was talk of it from some people.