PDA

View Full Version : BLABBERMOUTH Bans Whiny Teenager Demographic

hot_turkey_ed
09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=59399)

As you may have noticed, there has been a lower-than-usual number of comments below each story on BLABBERMOUTH.NET for the last couple of weeks. The reason for this is simple: We are in the process of cleaning up the countless abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic and threatening comments that have been posted on this site since the "comments" feature was implemented back in early 2002. That also means that anyone posting such comments going forward will be immediately and permanently banned.

You can still voice your opinion and you are welcome to be as honest as you wish to be. However, calling musicians whose music you don't like "faggots," making racist remarks and threatening other people on this site who happen to disagree with your views is not something that will be tolerated.

For the time being, the sign-up feature on BLABBERMOUTH.NET is disabled and will remain so until we have cleaned up the comments database and are satisfied that most of the troublemakers are dealt with appropriately.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can also help us by reporting any instance of these rules being violated going forward.

Blabbermouth is the best thing going for metal news but the only board worse than their comment board is Ozzfest's. Outstanding news! :fist:

SomewhereInTime72
09-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Wow. Blabbermouth just did a great thing. :)

Div
09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Good job. Metal is about being a man, not a little bitch. Those kids were giving metal a bad image.

DethMaiden
09-28-2006, 04:46 PM
:lol: Finally. I never posted there but reading it made me sick.

JRA
09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow, I thought the people there would never do that because they were having fun reading their comments. They brought it on themselves though. I mean do you really think polite comments are gonna be made under the article "Lars Ulrich spotted in restaraunt?"

I'm rather glad to see that Blabbermouth is doing that though. Blabbermouth posters are asschunder.

ADD
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Dammit, I enjoyed wasting a couple minutes each day getting cheap laughs at the idiotic comments:(

JRA
09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Dammit, I enjoyed wasting a couple minutes each day getting cheap laughs at the idiotic comments:(

There are funnier ones at metal-archives.com

es156
09-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Good job. Metal is about being a man, not a little bitch. Those kids were giving metal a bad image.

:fist:

ADD
09-28-2006, 05:24 PM
There are funnier ones at metal-archives.com
Too bad I can't read 'em since I got banned from there after like 2 days:eyes: :lol:

JRA
09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Too bad I can't read 'em since I got banned from there after like 2 days:eyes: :lol:

Are you serious? :lol:

ADD
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Are you serious? :lol:
Yup, unfortunately:lol:

I make one thread about Tool over there and the fags with no lives that live in their parents basement and listen to obscure black metal bands known to no more than 57 people on the planet start talking major shit, and you know how I get when one of my favorite bands is brainlessly insulted:D

JRA
09-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Yup, unfortunately:lol:

Huh. I was looking at their banned list once. They had this guy on there, I forget what his name was but his reason for being banned was: DUUUH GOATSE IS FOONY (if you ever meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ADD
09-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Huh. I was looking at their banned list once. They had this guy on there, I forget what his name was but his reason for being banned was: DUUUH GOATSE IS FOONY (if you ever meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you can find me on there under AMF:party:

ChildrenofSodom
09-28-2006, 05:55 PM

dude...I have been banned from Metal-archives and Metal-rules.....:eyes:....those guys arent as cool as you all.

ChildrenofSodom
09-28-2006, 06:13 PM
does this mean you will be banned for suggesting you will urinate in an attractive female's bottom.

JRA
09-28-2006, 06:26 PM
ADD - Textbook "Tool Fan." Enough said.

Hmmmm, I didn't see anyone named AMF, but I found that.

ADD
09-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Hmmmm, I didn't see anyone named AMF, but I found that.
Oh hahahahhaa yeah I can't get it straight ever, I use ADD and AMF like 50/50 so I wasn't 100% positive. But yup, that was me:lol:

ADD
09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
does this mean you will be banned for suggesting you will urinate in an attractive female's bottom.
That joke got old I think. Same with Chuck Norris, "Fuck yo couch", Rick James, etc.

The hot new thing that I quite like is "Pour some Meshuggah on me", I lol'ed the first time I read it:party:

JRA
09-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Oh hahahahhaa yeah I can't get it straight ever, I use ADD and AMF like 50/50 so I wasn't 100% positive. But yup, that was me:lol:

I'm kinda dissapointed, all the funny shit they could came up with and all you got was "Textbook Tool fan?" That's actually insulting.

ADD
09-28-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm kinda dissapointed, all the funny shit they could came up with and all you got was "Textbook Tool fan?" That's actually insulting.
Not really insulting, I was actually awaiting to see if they could conjure up something remotely clever. Guess I overestimated them.

EvilCheeseWedge
09-28-2006, 06:33 PM
The idiots were part of Blabbermouth's charm. I mean, seriously, will the world be the same without "Band X Responds to Blabbermouth Detractors" stories? :(

ADD
09-28-2006, 06:34 PM
The idiots were part of Blabbermouth's charm. I mean, seriously, will the world be the same without "Band X Responds to Blabbermouth Detractors" stories? :(
Peter Dolving was cracking me up this past week:lol: He shot himself in the foot though bigtime, I was actually gonna download their new album and give it a shot after hating rEVOLVEr. Too bad he made a total ass of himself:party:

And I don't know if "charm" is really a word to be associated with Blabbermouth:eyes: More like "strange appeal" I would say:tongue:

ChildrenofSodom
09-28-2006, 06:36 PM
That joke got old I think. Same with Chuck Norris, "Fuck yo couch", Rick James, etc.

The hot new thing that I quite like is "Pour some Meshuggah on me", I lol'ed the first time I read it:party:

i lol'd when I read that one, also

ADD
09-28-2006, 06:36 PM
i lol'd when I read that one, also
:party:

EvilCheeseWedge
09-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Peter Dolving was cracking me up this past week:lol: He shot himself in the foot though bigtime, I was actually gonna download their new album and give it a shot after hating rEVOLVEr. Too bad he made a total ass of himself:party:

And I don't know if "charm" is really a word to be associated with Blabbermouth:eyes: More like "strange appeal" I would say:tongue:
Morbid fascination ;)

ADD
09-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Morbid fascination ;)
Perfect!!!:lol:

Maiden33
09-29-2006, 06:44 AM
This is indeed a great thing.

But also, I think Blabbermouth needs to stop reporting news that... is NOT news. Just cause Dave Mustaine made an off-hand comment about somebody that influenced him when he was 10 years old or whatever... does not make it news. I think news should be more or less confined to certain areas:
-News regarding new CDs (release dates, recording updates, samples)
-Band lineup changes
-Tour dates
-etc, you get my point.