PDA

View Full Version : TONY IOMMI, RONNIE JAMES DIO, GEEZER BUTLER, BILL WARD To Tour As HEAVEN & HELL?

es156
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Source: Blabbermouth

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=59307

(I'm speechless about how cool this would be! If they tour in the states....:horns:)

JRA
09-27-2006, 10:27 AM
One of the blabbermouth posters said "I'll bet 25 bucks that this is bullshit." I'm kinda siding with him.

That said, this would be awesome if it happened. I'm kinda surprised they didn't ask Vinnie Appice to drum.

es156
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
One of the blabbermouth posters said "I'll bet 25 bucks that this is bullshit." I'm kinda siding with him.

That said, this would be awesome if it happened. I'm kinda surprised they didn't ask Vinnie Appice to drum.

I know, but stranger things have happened. Maybe they could headline OzzFest next year!

Wrathchild_84
09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
If this is true then that will be the highlight of next year for me but I'm not getting my hopes up.

EvilCheeseWedge
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Guys, don't hate me if I'm wrong, but I think this might actually be true. From what I "hear" we may know more later today.

Edit: It sounds like legal reasons have nothing to do with the name either. They're not considering this Sabbath, Dio doesn't want to play with Sabbath, etc. etc. My personal hope is this will free them of feeling like they need to play "War Pigs" and the like.

sneakbobcat
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Sounds good. Hope they play Download at Donington next year! Cause i think that's where I'll be

JRA
09-27-2006, 12:29 PM
My personal hope is this will free them of feeling like they need to play "War Pigs" and the like.

Amen to that.

Div
09-27-2006, 12:52 PM
DIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

ADD
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Damnz.

DethMaiden
09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Whoa, come to America! And play songs from Dio's other projects!

JRA
09-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Whoa, come to America! And play songs from Dio's other projects!

Enh. That's why I think Dio is better off with his own solo band. Then you can hear all three anyway. You didn't hear Black Sabbath play Crazy Train while Ozzy was in the band did you?

DethMaiden
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Enh. That's why I think Dio is better off with his own solo band. Then you can hear all three anyway. You didn't hear Black Sabbath play Crazy Train while Ozzy was in the band did you?

No, but I don't really like Ozzy anyway, so I don't think it sucking would break my heart.

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2006, 01:54 PM
This is so awesome :drool:

HECHO EN MEXICO
09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
IF THIS IS TRUE I WILL PAY UP TOO 500.00$ TO SEE THEM LIVE!

es156
09-27-2006, 03:45 PM
My personal hope is this will free them of feeling like they need to play "War Pigs" and the like.

Good point. They should play the entire Heaven And Hell album!!

SnakeCharmer
09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
WOW!

HECHO EN MEXICO
09-27-2006, 04:15 PM
A few remarks by me (Joe Siegler - http://www.black-sabbath.com)
on all this:

Today was not the first time I had heard these rumours. Running this site I hear all kinds of things, and generally I tend to discount them - but this one had some more weight to it, so I decided to do some poking around on my own. While I can't get anyone to officially say anything about this, it does seem to have the air of an authentic story to me. Heck, I can't get any official word about who is even playing on the new tracks for the Dio Years set, besides Iommi & Dio. One would hope it's the same four guys (Iommi/Butler/Ward/Dio), but I can't get official confirmation of that one, either.
So it's known that the Dio Years box set is happening. When - who knows, although I would imagine sooner rather than later. What the contents of the set are is also officially unknown. I've been hearing some rumours about specific content, but I don't really want to spread any more FUD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUD) about that issue, so I'll leave that out for now. Suffice it to say if what I heard is true, fans will really like it.
The other issue I wanted to say something about was the bit about legally not being able to call themselves Black Sabbath. A few points about this.. Ronnie has stated on many interviews and on his website that he would not be rejoining Black Sabbath. Assuming you take that as true, the rumour I heard that it was a choice to call themselves Heaven & Hell and not Black Sabbath should be taken as correct. The other side to that is the ownership of "Black Sabbath". It's always been my knowledge that in the mid 80's Tony Iommi bought all the rights, and to this day retains such ownership. There was a lot of stories that in order to get Ozzy to come back in 1997, some of that ownership would have to be given to the Osbournes. Now I want to say this. I am a fan. A somewhat connected fan, but I still am a fan. I'm an idiot if I think I know everything - I do not. But I do pay attention, and I have never seen anything that tells me that the ownership situation of "Black Sabbath" has changed. My educated guess tells me that this bit about legally not being able to use the name Black Sabbath is incorrect, that it's a choice to do that. If I hear anything factually to counteract that, I will retract my opinion here.
Having said all this stuff, this is a very exciting possibility. To sum up:
Known facts:

There will be a "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" box set.
Said box set will contain at least two newly recorded tracks.
Tony & Ronnie collaborated on the newly recorded tracks.Rumours/Speculation:
These are all unconfirmed - so don't take it as fact, eh? :)

Geezer Butler & Bill Ward will comprise the rhythm section on the new tracks.
Iommi/Butler/Ward/Dio will tour in 2007 as "Heaven & Hell".
They are not billing themselves as "Black Sabbath" due to legal reasons.
The Dio Years set may include the video mentioned by Dio on the Live Evil recordings.Hopefully I can get some official confirmation about this stuff now that the "word is out" so to speak. I do work for Bill Ward & Geezer Butler, and am fairly friendly with Tony Iommi's people, so hopefully I can find out something I can officially talk about. The only "official" things are the three things listed above as "facts". The rest is speculation. I hope it's all true. And if they do tour, they'd better come to Dallas, dammit! :)
Hmm... Dio replaced Ozzy back in 1979, and now it's (in a fashion) being done again in 2007. Does this mean that a TV show with Ronnie going "WENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDY, the dog crapped on the carpet again!" is far behind? ;)

- Joe Siegler_http://www.black-sabbath.com

SomewhereInTime72
09-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I FUCKING HOPE THIS HAPPENS YES. :rocker: :rocker:

DreamEvil001
09-27-2006, 09:04 PM
This would be amazingly awesome. I love Dio's Sabbath stuff and Iommi is one of if not the best guitarist Dio has worked with, at least since the mid 80's.

Vinny Appice should play drums.

Iron Man with Dio kills the original.

Dehumanizer better be well represented.

Besides Iron Man they shouldn't play original Sabbath.

:rocker: :horns:

HECHO EN MEXICO
09-29-2006, 07:40 PM
....SING ME A SONG YOUR A SINGER!

ChildrenofSodom
09-29-2006, 08:13 PM
....SING ME A SONG YOUR A SINGER!

PASS ME THE BONG, YOU'RE THE BRINGER OF REEFER

SomewhereInTime72
09-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Hahahahahhahah!! :lol:

JRA
09-30-2006, 03:40 PM

So this is what you assclowns were doing last night while I was at Gigantour.

jaysadler2
10-03-2006, 05:28 AM
it said they are going to do some festivals,

imagine them headlining Download 07!! Dio would kick ass at donnington!

HECHO EN MEXICO
10-06-2006, 03:33 PM
it said they are going to do some festivals,

imagine them headlining Download 07!! Dio would kick ass at donnington!:party:

Wrathchild_84
10-06-2006, 07:20 PM
My stepfather said her heard it was official on the radio the other day. But I still need to hear it for myself.

HECHO EN MEXICO
10-07-2006, 02:28 PM
My stepfather said her heard it was official on the radio the other day. But I still need to hear it for myself.PLEASE GOD MAKE IT BE TRUE!

anthraxmosher
10-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Good point. They should play the entire Heaven And Hell album!!

THAT WOULD BE TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS!!!!:rocker: :rocker:

brutal_descent
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Ah, the good old days.

mankvill
05-07-2011, 02:18 PM
brutaldescent

y u necro this thread so old it has hecho in it?!

BloodoftheKings
05-07-2011, 02:34 PM
So when is this tour?

ChildrenofSodom
05-07-2011, 02:49 PM
brutaldescent

y u necro this thread so old it has hecho in it?!

:lol: They don't know who hecho is/was.

masterguy49
05-07-2011, 03:49 PM
:lol: They don't know who hecho is/was.

What happened to him? :snivel:

mankvill
05-07-2011, 04:22 PM

We're actually legally binded to not talk about it in depth, but we can just say: :hecho:

illuminatus917
05-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Whoa-ho-ho, a mystery! One suitable for Scooby Doo and his gang of cartoon teenagers.

BloodoftheKings
05-07-2011, 04:57 PM

We're actually legally binded to not talk about it in depth, but we can just say: :hecho:

Whoa-ho-ho, a mystery! One suitable for Scooby Doo and his gang of cartoon teenagers.

I have an idea...

http://www.illuminati-news.com/graphics/ILLLOGO.JPG

ravenheart
05-07-2011, 05:10 PM
...the fuck...?

illuminatus917
05-07-2011, 05:17 PM
...the fuck...?

:lol:

Not really sure myself.

masterguy49
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM

Tell me.

Or I'll kill your family and make you eat them. Then kill you.

es156
05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Tell me.

Or I'll kill your family and make you eat them. Then kill you.

If you kill him, I will be forced to ban you.

:hmm:

illuminatus917
05-07-2011, 10:39 PM

What if I kill you? And Cheese.

Who will ban him then?

masterguy49
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM

Okay I won't kill him. I'll just kill his family and all his loved ones, causing him to kill himself.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-09-2011, 07:49 AM
For every mod you kill two more will take our place :hmm:

Nick_to_the_face
05-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm actually really curious now, who is he and where did he go??:confused:

TonyD
05-10-2011, 11:30 AM
I can't tell you where he went, but I can tell you where he came from...

Mexico.

He just stopped posting. He liked smileys and wrote in all caps so whatev.

Nick_to_the_face
05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I can't tell you where he went, but I can tell you where he came from...

Mexico.

He just stopped posting. He liked smileys and wrote in all caps so whatev.

Sepultura?? :lol: