DATE: Sunday, August 8th, 2004
ATTENDED W/: Older Brother
GEAR WORN: Live After Death Hoodie
MERCH PURCHASED: Damn Near One Of Everything
MOSHING REPORT: None
EDDIES AWARDED: N/A
REVIEWED: February 6th, 2005

==============================================

Weird Al returned to Great America last August for another Silicon Valley stop on the Poodle Hat Tour. This time, I purchased only two tickets and took my older brother as a birthday present. Even though he is a n00b 27 times over, he still enjoys Alís music. More importantly, sharing good music with family alone can make a night -- shades of Pink Floyd 1994.

Purposely, we arrived very late at the park in the afternoon. Since he doesnít not like the puke rides, we opted for a walk around the park and one drenching on the log ride. After a couple of hours doing Great America, we vamoosed to the Redwood Amphitheater. Having walked the same road a year earlier, I had the routine down.

No Slappy this year! Larry ďBubblesĒ Brown did the honors and couldnít have been more wrong for the crowd. Slappy told us online days later that itís always difficult opening for a musical act and that Larry is really great in in his element. Since Slappy vouched for him, Iím not going to thrash him for his routine.

Weird Alís show was the same as the prior years, so I donít have a lot more than Iíve previously written in great deail: http://www.metalsetlists.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539

Surprisingly, the crowd was only half as big as the year before. Online speculation blamed promotion. The members of this audience were hardcore AL-coholics. We knew all the tricks and the band expressed their approval when we didn't fall for their gags. The guy in front of me claimed he had 18 Poodle Hat shows under his belt. Man, that's fucking SICK!

Al had a Beatles moment during One More Minute. Normally, he comes off stage into the audience and serenades random chicks. This year, a real betty upfront threw her hands to her cheeks and just starting screaming hysterically It was fucking hilarious.

Security manhandled a drunkard when he charged the stage. Mind you, there is a ten foot barrier between the first rows and the front of the stage... like he EVER had a chance. LooooSSSEEERR!

After Yoda concluded, I took my brother to the merch stand, and between the two of us bought almost one of everything -- the most I've ever spent at a concert. It was a good birthday for both of us!

For more information, hereís the show link at the Weird Al Forum run by Scottidog: http://www.weirdalforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3496&hl=great%20america&st=128
If you register and post there, remember itís not a metal forum and be nice.

Who the fuck is this Slappy guy? Here's an article I found him:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:2py5VXVnU40J:www.evergreentimes.com/current/comedy.htm+Tim+Babb+slappy&hl=en