PDA

View Full Version : Edguy -- Vosselaar, Belgium -- February 4th, 2006

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Jester brought the point of the first headling gig in Belgium! :cool:

Source: blood brother @ The Offical Edguy Board (http://taraxacum.net/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5894)

Catch of the Century
Babylon
The Trooper (First Part) (Iron Maiden)
Sacrifice
Fucking with fire (Hairforce One)
How Many Miles
The Asylum
Tears of a Mandrake
Save Me
Superheroes
Mysteria
Vain Glory Opera
Sign of the Cross (Avantasia)
Lavatory Love Machine
King of Fool

THIS ISN'T IN ORDER BUT WILL BE MODIFIED UP ON GOOD INFORMATION!

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Hmm... Land Of The Miracle has been booted! :eek:

Spiral_Slave
02-05-2006, 07:19 AM
THIS IS A FUCKING WICKED SET!!!

Arkaron
02-05-2006, 08:35 AM
ooooooh YEAH! Very Good setlist! someone has the setlist of Dragonforce please?

DethMaiden
02-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Not enough Hellfire Club. Additionally, if they wanted three, Lavatory Love Machine and King of Fools had no place being two of them.

Mysteria is fine, but the other two should have been Piper Never Dies and Forever or Rise of the Morning Glory and Under the Moon. Not those two.

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 11:24 AM
If I had Rocket Ride, I could comment on this set list. *sigh*

:bouville:

Just a few more days.... *sigh*

ADD
02-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Disappointing.

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Disappointing.

I will provide an in-depth analysis once I get Rocket Ride. :D

SnakeCharmer
02-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Disappointing.

Agreed.

Spiral_Slave
02-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Disappointing.

How the hell do you figure that!? :eyes:

ADD
02-05-2006, 04:55 PM
How the hell do you figure that!? :eyes:
The prescence of Save Me, How Many Miles, Lavatory Love Machine, and a fucking Avantasia song ( :hecho: ) and no Piper, no Navigator, nothing from Superheroes or King Of Fools EP besides obviously the title ones, 1 fucking song from Mandrake, and worst of all NO TRINIDAD!:mad:

ADD
02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Jester brought the point of the first headling gig in Belgium! :cool:

Source: blood brother @ The Offical Edguy Board (http://taraxacum.net/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5894)

Catch of the Century
Babylon
The Trooper (First Part) (Iron Maiden)
Sacrifice
How Many Miles
The Asylum
Tears of a Mandrake
Save Me
Superheroes
Mysteria
Vain Glory Opera
Sign of the Cross (Avantasia)
Lavatory Love Machine
King of Fool

THIS ISN'T IN ORDER BUT WILL BE MODIFIED UP ON GOOD INFORMATION!
They didn't do a good job diversifying this setlist.....not enough Rocket Ride material, 2 covers!?:wtf: Not well-balanced at all.

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 04:58 PM
They didn't do a good job diversifying this setlist.....not enough Rocket Ride material, 2 covers!?:wtf: Not well-balanced at all.

2 covers? Fucking With Fire is theirs, isn't it? That's on Rocket Ride to boot.

Avantasia is Tobi, so that's not like a real cover or anything.

:confused:

ADD
02-05-2006, 05:01 PM
2 covers? Fucking With Fire is theirs, isn't it? That's on Rocket Ride to boot.

Avantasia is Tobi, so that's not like a real cover or anything.

:confused:
I consider the Avantasia to be a cover. It isn't an Edguy song. That'd be like Maiden playing a Bruce song.

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I consider the Avantasia to be a cover. It isn't an Edguy song. That'd be like Maiden playing a Bruce song.

One thing doesn't hold up there. Tobi writes all of Edguy's stuff. Tobi writes all of Avantasia's stuff.

Now if you wrote something about Maiden doing a contmperary solo Harris song (does one even exist?).. that's would be a fair comparisons...

As an Edguy fan, I love the fact the Edguys are including an avantasia track.

ADD
02-05-2006, 05:11 PM
One thing doesn't hold up there. Tobi writes all of Edguy's stuff. Tobi writes all of Avantasia's stuff.

Now if you wrote something about Maiden doing a contmperary solo Harris song (does one even exist?).. that's would be a fair comparisons...

As an Edguy fan, I love the fact the Edguys are including an avantasia track.
Harris solo.....aren't almost all of Maiden's songs written by him alone?:D

I'd like it if Avantasia were any good;)

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Harris solo.....aren't almost all of Maiden's songs written by him alone?:D

I'd like it if Avantasia were any good;)

Avantasia is outstanding! :fingers:

Ok, the set list breaks out like this:

Rocket Ride: 6 songs
Hellfire Club: 3 songs
Vain Glory Opera : 2
Mandrake: 1 song
Theater Of Salvation: 1 song
Avantasia: 1 song
**** Plus a partial Maiden cover of the trooper.

That's like half the new album. Outstanding in my view, assuming the music is good (which I haven't heard but it will rule because it is Edguy). The boys must really believe in their new music... how often do we only hear about a band playing 2-3 songs on a track?

Lengthwise, it is typically for an Edguy headlining set. 15 songs or so.

The Maiden cover is a partial and I would argue not a full song in their set. But hey, EDGUY IS COVERING IRON MAIDEN. MY #2 HONORS MY #1. THIS IS VERY KOSHER! SHUT THE FUCK UP! :hecho: :D

The non-RR songs are mostly their hits: King Of Fools, Lavatory Love Machine, Tears Of A Mandrake, Vain Glory Opera, Babylon.... I want to hear these songs.

An Avantasia cover is candy for the Edguy faithful. They've done Avantasia (the song) on past tours, so I'm happy they are doing something Tobi's epic side projects.

Anyway, that leaves How Many Miles & Mysteria... Yeah, I would choose other songs... like Golden Dawn, Fairytales, New Age Messiah, Judas At The Opera House...maybe toss in a Kingdom Of Madness track for shits & giggles.

If we got a set list like this in America (subject to a listening of Rocket Ride), I'd be fucking thrilled over all.

ADD
02-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Avantasia is outstanding! :fingers:

Ok, the set list breaks out like this:

Rocket Ride: 7 songs
Hellfire Club: 3 songs
Vain Glory Opera : 2
Mandrake: 1 song
Theater Of Salvation: 1 song
Avantasia: 1 song
**** Plus a partial Maiden cover of the trooper.

That's like half the new album. Outstanding in my view, assuming the music is good (which I haven't heard but it will rule because it is Edguy). The boys must really believe in their new music... how often do we only hear about a band playing 2-3 songs on a track?

Lengthwise, it is typically for an Edguy headlining set. 15 songs or so.

The Maiden cover is a partial and I would argue not a full song in their set. But hey, EDGUY IS COVERING IRON MAIDEN. MY #2 HONORS MY #1. THIS IS VERY KOSHER! SHUT THE FUCK UP! :hecho: :D

The non-RR songs are mostly their hits: King Of Fools, Lavatory Love Machine, Tears Of A Mandrake, Vain Glory Opera, Babylon.... I want to hear these songs.

An Avantasia cover is candy for the Edguy faithful. They've done Avantasia (the song) on past tours, so I'm happy they are doing something Tobi's epic side projects.

Anyway, that leaves How Many Miles & Mysteria... Yeah, I would choose other songs... like Golden Dawn, Fairytales, New Age Messiah, Judas At The Opera House...maybe toss in a Kingdom Of Madness track for shits & giggles.

If we got a set list like this in America (subject to a listening of Rocket Ride), I'd be fucking thrilled over all.

But they missed out some of the best Rocket Ride tracks! No Wasted Time, no Trinidad, not even the title track:( That, and The Piper Never Dies needs to become a staple in their set ala HBTN. It's a fact of life.

And it's "Judas At The Opera", no "House" :eyes: :D

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
But they missed out some of the best Rocket Ride tracks! That, and The Piper Never Dies needs to become a staple in their set ala HBTN. It's a fact of life.

And it's "Judas At The Opera", no "House" :eyes: :D

Boot Mysteria for Piper? I don't have any problems with that. I disagree Piper is a mandatory. Now Navigator? That could be a staple and it's not as long as Piper. I would vote Fairytale over either of them. I would also vote Golden Dawn over Fairytale. :D

ADD
02-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Boot Mysteria for Piper? I don't have any problems with that. I disagree Piper is a mandatory. Now Navigator? That could be a staple and it's not as long as Piper. I would vote Fairytale over either of them. I would also vote Golden Dawn over Fairytale. :D
:lol: Too confusing for me:tongue:

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 05:51 PM
:lol: Too confusing for me:tongue:

You need an advanced course in Ancient Edguy. You could start by memorizing the entire Vain Glory Opera album. :D

ADD
02-05-2006, 05:59 PM
You need an advanced course in Ancient Edguy. You could start by memorizing the entire Vain Glory Opera album. :D
I need to get it first:lol:

hot_turkey_ed
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I need to get it first:lol:

Thought so. Your enthusiasm for the Edguy you do own has been noted. :D

ADD
02-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Thought so. Your enthusiasm for the Edguy you do own has been noted. :D
:cool:

Maiden33
02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Overall, a disapointing set. I am a HUGE Edguy fan, and I think there's A LOT that could be done to make this set list better.
First off, it needs to be longer.
Secondly, they need to add in more Hellfire Club songs but remove Lavatory Love Machine.
Third, the removal of Out of Control from the set is more or less a crime in my eyes being such a traditional live song, and How Many Miles is one of the weakest songs off Vain Glory Opera
Fourth, Fucking with Fire should be subbed by Wasted Time as far as Rocket Ride songs go
Fifth, I think they really should add another Mandrake song. It's a great album, and one isn't enough.
Sixth, where did Land of the Miracle go? Another traditional live song gone out the window. They need more Theater of Salvation tracks as well.

All in all, the set should just be longer and song choice should be more well-thought out.

lokia
02-05-2006, 09:10 PM
ooooooh YEAH! Very Good setlist! someone has the setlist of Dragonforce please?

Dragonforce set list:
Fury Of The Storm / Black Winter Night / Above The Winter Moonlight / Fields Of Despair / Dawn Over A New World / Vadim Solo / Soldiers Of The Wasteland / Prepare For War / Revelations / Evening Star / My Spirit Will Go On / Starfire / Disciples Of Babylon / Valley Of The Damned

from http://www.rockersdigest.com/Default.aspx?mainact=2&artid=90

lokia
02-05-2006, 09:11 PM
You can find the Angra setlist at the link above, too.

Maiden33
02-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Dragonforce set list:
Fury Of The Storm / Black Winter Night / Above The Winter Moonlight / Fields Of Despair / Dawn Over A New World / Vadim Solo / Soldiers Of The Wasteland / Prepare For War / Revelations / Evening Star / My Spirit Will Go On / Starfire / Disciples Of Babylon / Valley Of The Damned

from http://www.rockersdigest.com/Default.aspx?mainact=2&artid=90

Well, thanks, but I'm pretty sure they were requesting the Dragonforce set list from the Edguy show previously mentioned.

MetalDrummer888
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Sacrifice

FUCK YES :party: :party: :party:

hot_turkey_ed
02-07-2006, 12:46 AM
FUCK YES :party: :party: :party:

DAMN RIGHT ON BOTH ACCOUNTS!

:heat: