PDA

View Full Version : Heathen Crusade Metalfest -- Minneapolis, MN -- January 21st, 2006

ADD
01-24-2006, 08:50 PM
The inaugral date of what I hope will be many more Heathen Crusades to hit America in the future, these are some setlists I have gathered thus far of the bands that played in this great, landmark event for U.S metal scene:

November's Doom

The Pale Haunt Departure
Not the Strong
With Rue and Fire
Autumn Reflection
Lost in a Day
In the Absence of Grace
Dark World Burden

Moonsorrow

Jumalten Kaupunki
Sankarihauta
Kylan Paassa
Pimea
Kivenkantaja
Unohduksen Lapsi
* unknown*
Pakanajuhla

More info to come:blaze:

Edited for correctness.

Bouville
01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
The inaugral date of what I hope will be many more Heathen Crusades to hit America in the future, these are some setlists I have gathered thus far of the bands that played in this great, landmark event for U.S metal scene:

November's Doom

The Pale Haunt Departure
Not the Strong
With Rue and Fire
Autumn Reflection
Lost in a Day
In the Absence of Grace
Dark World Burden

Moonsorrow

Jumalten Kaupunki
Sankarihauta
Kylan Paassa
Pimea
Kivenkantaja
Unohduksen Lapsi
* unknown*
Ukkosenjumalan Poika

More info to come:blaze:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drool:

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 10:55 PM
MOONSORROW!! :rocker:

Bouville
01-24-2006, 10:55 PM

What about Novembers Doom? :mad:

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 10:59 PM
What about Novembers Doom? :mad:

:zzz:

Bouville
01-24-2006, 11:01 PM
:zzz:

You are infidel indeed... the last Novembers Doom album is probably the best they have ever written. Granted their previous albums can be a little bit too dense but this new album is just great

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 11:02 PM
You are infidel indeed... the last Novembers Doom album is probably the best they have ever written. Granted their previous albums can be a little bit too dense but this new album is just great

I'll admit that I have only heard the last album and I just didnt think it was all the great and that's why I havent listened to anything else by them.

Bouville
01-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Fair enough, if you did not like the last album, I don't think you will like the early stuff...I like them but that is because I am a sick Doomster :lol:

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Speaking of doom. Have you heard the latest Swallow the Sun album? Its called "Ghosts of Loss" and the song "The Giant" has to be one of the best doom songs I have ever heard.

Bouville
01-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Speaking of doom. Have you heard the latest Swallow the Sun album? Its called "Ghosts of Loss" and the song "The Giant" has to be one of the best doom songs I have ever heard.

It was released last year and it is fucking amazing...I like it better than "The Morning Nevel Came" which btw it is going to be released in a double vinyl version...

Shallow the Sun is a very underrated band, as Draconian... they deserve better exposure...

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 11:10 PM
It was released last year and it is fucking amazing...I like it better than "The Morning Nevel Came" which btw it is going to be released in a double vinyl version...

Shallow the Sun is a very underrated band, as Draconian... they deserve better exposure...

Hmm, I dont know which album by them I prefer most. Hard call.

Bouville
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Exactly hard call, but hey if they have managed to keep the magic in the new album that makes it better because it is so hard to keep the magic in more than one album... that is all about, to keep the magic and emotions... damn...music is all about it!

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 11:13 PM
That's for sure. They definitely have some magic.

Bouville
01-24-2006, 11:15 PM
That's for sure. They definitely have some magic.

You need more doom infidel... I have recently put my hands in the Shroud of Bereavement demo collection... good shit, I am looking forward for their -finally- first formal record!

I am retiring now... good night Infidel, and buy your ticket for DT in San Francisco!!! :blaze:

SnakeCharmer
01-24-2006, 11:16 PM
You need more doom infidel... I have recently put my hands in the Shroud of Bereavement demo collection... good shit, I am looking forward for their -finally- first formal record!

I am retiring now... good night Infidel, and buy your ticket for DT in San Francisco!!! :blaze:

Night!

MetalDrummer888
01-25-2006, 03:07 PM

:party: :party:

ADD
01-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Draconian... they deserve better exposure...

:blaze: Swallow The Sun are pretty cool too. Lethian Dreams are another great Doom band that needs exposure:bouville:

MetalDrummer888
01-25-2006, 06:22 PM
:blaze: Swallow The Sun are pretty cool too. Lethian Dreams are another great Doom band that needs exposure:bouville:

doom is getting all the exposure that it deserves ;)

ADD
01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
doom is getting all the exposure that it deserves ;)
:tongue:

You need more doom bro:bouville:

ADD
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Thyrfing's setlist:

01. INTRO
02. VOYAGER
03. FAR ÅT HELVETE
04. JAG SPÅR FÖRDÄRV
05. DIGERDÖDEN
06. HÖST
07. SJÄLAVRAK
08. MJÖLNER
09. WAYS OF A PARASITE
10. RAVEN EYES
11. FROM WILDERNESS CAME DEATH
12. KAOS ÅTERKOMST

overkiller
01-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I was talking to my buddy who was supposed to go and didn't, here's what he had to say:

fdfhhjvbn: one quick think i read about heathencrusade- after the show there was some sort of drinking contest held where everyone in the hotel challenged moonsorrow. the guy who wrote about it stated that he stayed up as long as he could, but finally had to sleep. when he woke up the next day moonsorrow were still in the room drinking

:rocker: :realchug: :rocker:

ADD
01-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I was talking to my buddy who was supposed to go and didn't, here's what he had to say:

fdfhhjvbn: one quick think i read about heathencrusade- after the show there was some sort of drinking contest held where everyone in the hotel challenged moonsorrow. the guy who wrote about it stated that he stayed up as long as he could, but finally had to sleep. when he woke up the next day moonsorrow were still in the room drinking

:rocker: :realchug: :rocker:

That is fucking awesome:rocker: Furthering prooving the metal-ness of the mighty MOONSORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

ADD
01-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Primordial's set:

The Golden Spiral
The Gathering Wilderness
Sons of the Morrigan
Autumns Ablaze
A Journey's End
The Coffin Ships
Gods to the Godless
To Enter Pagan
The Burning Season (or Bitter Harvest, the guy wasn't 100% sure)

Now we have complete info on this show:party:

MetalDrummer888
01-29-2006, 05:15 PM
That is fucking awesome:rocker: Furthering prooving the metal-ness of the mighty MOONSORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

wow like how mutch you drink is a good way to rate metalness :lol:

how much do you drink addi? :tp:

ADD
01-29-2006, 05:24 PM
wow like how mutch you drink is a good way to rate metalness :lol:

how much do you drink addi? :tp:
Drinking is one way to be metal, not all ways;) I'm not a heavy drinker by any means but everyone once in a while is fine:)

MetalDrummer888
01-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Drinking is one way to be metal
:hecho:

ADD
01-29-2006, 08:33 PM
NOT ALL WAYS:hecho: Way to conviently leave things out to make it fit your side of the story, you should be a politician;)

MetalDrummer888
01-30-2006, 02:24 PM
NOT ALL WAYS:hecho: Way to conviently leave things out to make it fit your side of the story, you should be a politician;)

Drinking is one way to be metal, not all ways

my point is that how much you drink has absolutely nothing to do with being metal