PDA

View Full Version : Children Of Bodom -- Montreal, Canada -- October 11th, 2005

PowerMaiden
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm too tired for a full review, just a few words to say it was a hell of a night. Children Of Bodom are now in the same league as Slayer or Megadeth in terms of energy \ talent \ showmanship \ power ect...

The gig last night was fantastic, Amont Amart were super good, Trivium were great too, but Bodom completely destroyed us. Despite the absence of early material the crowd was really into it, headbang, moshpit, beer , Children Of Bodom, every ingredients for a cool night. The set was mostly last 2 albums but I can't complain, HCDR beeing my best COB cd and I really dig AYDY too. Before Downfall we screamed ''Lake Bodom !! Lake Bodom !!'' but they didn't played it. But nevertheless, amazing concert.

Ok I leave you with the setlist , maybe not the exact order but close.

1. Intro (Twist & Shout)
2. Living Dead Beat
3. Sixpounder
4. Hate Me!
5. Silent night Bodom Night
6. Angels Don't Kill
7. Drum solo
8. WE're Not Gonna Fall
9. Bodom After Midnight/Bodom Beach Terror/End Bodom After Midnight
10. Needled 24/7
11. Solo Warman and Alexi
12. Follow The Reaper
13. Hate Crew Deathroll
14. In Your Face
15. Are You Dead Yet ?

Encores:

16. Guitar solo (Latvala)
17. Chokehold
18. Everytime I Die
19. Downfall

Ok I gotta go rest my neck now

Cheers !!!
Power:canada:Maiden

Spiral_Slave
11-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm really happy with that set, but I heard they added " Punch Me I Bleed. " I guess not though...Nevertheless it's sounds like a great gig and I can't wait to see 'em for the third time December 5th!

PowerMaiden
11-11-2005, 10:17 AM
they played PMIB the night before in Québec city, and they replaced it with Follow The Reaper in Montreal

Cheers !!
PowerMaiden

MetalDrummer888
11-11-2005, 11:11 AM
damn good setlist . . . ill have to burn a setlist cd and start listening to it to get pumped up for nov 25 :cool:

Spiral_Slave
11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
they played PMIB the night before in Québec city, and they replaced it with Follow The Reaper in Montreal

Cheers !!
PowerMaiden

Ah okay. I'd rather have PMIB, but I'll take what I can get. :party:

MetalDrummer888
11-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Ah okay. I'd rather have PMIB, but I'll take what I can get. :party:

they are already playing every time i die and angels dont kill . . . do we really need another slow song?? besides FTP is an amazing song :party: :party:

does anybody have the setlist for trivium and amon amarth :confused:

ADD
11-11-2005, 06:46 PM
What a setlist:rolleyes: I'm sure it was a fun night though, glad you enjoyed it PM:rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
11-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Less solos, more hatebreeder. :mad:

ADD
11-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Less solos, AYDY, HCDR, FTR, more hatebreeder and something wild. :mad:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
11-11-2005, 10:01 PM
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
I think you're a little loony about Hatebreeder and Something Wild being that much better than all the others. IMO FTR > Something Wild.

As for AYDY, they picked good songs off it, I would like to see them ditch we're not gonna fall, though. The other 3 I really like and look forward to seeing. (Were not gonna falls an okay song there are just so many more I'd rather have)

Get rid of sixpounder. :zzz:

ADD
11-11-2005, 10:05 PM
I think you're a little loony about Hatebreeder and Something Wild being that much better than all the others. IMO FTR > Something Wild.

As for AYDY, they picked good songs off it, I would like to see them ditch we're not gonna fall, though. The other 3 I really like and look forward to seeing. (Were not gonna falls an okay song there are just so many more I'd rather have)

Get rid of sixpounder. :zzz:

IMO they are lightyears ahea dof the others. I dunno, almost sound like different bands (well maybe that's a bit drastic).

From AYDY they should just do TL&S and LDB, maybe the title track too.

That song is quite lame indeed, bad ripoff of Pantera's A New Level:zzz:

SomewhereInTime72
11-11-2005, 10:09 PM
IMO they are lightyears ahea dof the others. I dunno, almost sound like different bands (well maybe that's a bit drastic).

If you want peace... would be cool too. But to avoid eating up set time i would only want it if they ditched LDB.

:lol: I remember sometime last year I was listening to sixpounder one time and I just thought to myself: "What the hell? This isn't good at all!" :lol:

ADD
11-11-2005, 10:10 PM
If you want peace... would be cool too. But to avoid eating up set time i would only want it if they ditched LDB.

:lol: I remember sometime last year I was listening to sixpounder one time and I just thought to myself: "What the hell? This isn't good at all!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If You Want Peace gives me that feeling actually;) Along with 90% of AYDY?:hecho:

MetalDrummer888
11-11-2005, 10:48 PM

1. I think hatebreeder sounds a lot like later bodom . . . im suprised that you hate HCDr and love HB when they sound alot alike to me :eyes:

2. That would be good . . . ecept mayb in your face also (:tongue: ) i cant understand why they never play TL&S when it is one of their best songs :mad:

3. You know . . . i never noticed that, the opening riff sounds a bit like a new level . . . but the rest of the song is completely different, i dont see how you can call it a "ripoff" :hmm:

ADD
11-12-2005, 10:03 AM
1. I think hatebreeder sounds a lot like later bodom . . . im suprised that you hate HCDr and love HB when they sound alot alike to me :eyes:

2. That would be good . . . ecept mayb in your face also (:tongue: ) i cant understand why they never play TL&S when it is one of their best songs :mad:

3. You know . . . i never noticed that, the opening riff sounds a bit like a new level . . . but the rest of the song is completely different, i dont see how you can call it a "ripoff" :hmm:

1.) I don't "hate" HCDR, I think it's a decent album, but nothing compared to Hatebreeder. IMO they do not sound very alike, much more keyboards on Hatebreeder, better vocals, more creative riffs, etc. ;)

2.) I will give you that TL&S is definitely one of the best songs they've done post-Hatebreeder. It just rules.

3.) The opening riff, and then there's a another riff that comes later which sounds alike to it, and the whole song structure seems to follow in parallel pattern.

MetalDrummer888
11-12-2005, 10:26 AM
1.) I don't "hate" HCDR, I think it's a decent album, but nothing compared to Hatebreeder. IMO they do not sound very alike, much more keyboards on Hatebreeder, better vocals, more creative riffs, etc. ;)

Alexi's vocals suck ass on the first 2 . . . he sounds like any other extreme metal vocalist

ADD
11-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Alexi's vocals suck ass on the first 2 . . . he sounds like any other extreme metal vocalist
:wtf: :confused: He sounds like that NOW:lol:

MetalDrummer888
11-12-2005, 10:45 AM
:wtf: :confused: He sounds like that NOW:lol:
:hecho: :eyes: :tp:

ADD
11-12-2005, 10:48 AM
:hecho: :eyes: :tp:
My thoughts exactly:lol:

MetalDrummer888
11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
My thoughts exactly:lol:
:bouville:

sylpriest
11-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm too tired for a full review, just a few words to say it was a hell of a night. Children Of Bodom are now in the same league as Slayer or Megadeth in terms of energy \ talent \ showmanship \ power ect...

they sure ain't in the same league as them with sales. 5,000 for the new cd. that's downright awful

MetalDrummer888
11-12-2005, 02:05 PM
they sure ain't in the same league as them with sales. 5,000 for the new cd. that's downright awful

i was under the impression it did really well . . . :eek:

sylpriest
11-12-2005, 03:29 PM
CHILDREN OF BODOM – "Are You Dead Yet?": 5,000 (#195)

PowerMaiden
11-12-2005, 05:38 PM

That was the only low point in the set with the solo's, everybody on this board will see what I mean by COB = Slayer or Megadeth after you seen them on this tour. They are trully INCREDIBLE in concert !!!

As for the setlist: To make it perfect with the same amount of time, drop We're Not Gonna Fall & the 3 solo's and add Lake Bodom, Warheart, Hatebreeder & Bed Of Razor.

I agree that 2 songs from Hatebredder is not enought, but it doesn't make the set poor. You'll see, they fucking OWNS in concert!!!

Cheers !!
PowerMaiden

MetalDrummer888
11-12-2005, 06:05 PM
CHILDREN OF BODOM – "Are You Dead Yet?": 5,000 (#195)

they still made the charts :party:

they deserve to do better . . . even tho that album doesnt meet their prevous standards

Bloodcurse
11-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Did anyone catch Amon Amarth or Trivium's setlists?