2.) Kivenkantaja
3.) Pakanajuhla
4.) Pimeš
5.) Aurinko ja Kuu

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

DethMaiden
10-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Wow...a non English-singing metal band.

For God's sake, broken English is better than Finnish or whatever that is.

ADD
10-20-2005, 01:48 PM

:bouville:

DethMaiden
10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
:bouville:

Maybe the music is good, I haven't heard them...but you won't reach many people singing the song "Kivenkantaja"

ADD
10-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Maybe the music is good, I haven't heard them...but you won't reach many people singing the song "Kivenkantaja"
They aren't about reaching people;) They are about making kickass Pagan Viking/Black Metal:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Voodoomaster
10-26-2005, 06:15 AM

:tp:

(greetings from a Finnish guy)

DethMaiden
10-26-2005, 11:18 AM
:tp:

(greetings from a Finnish guy)

I certainly didn't mean it to offend anyone Finnish...I didn't even know what that language was, Finnish was just a blind guess.

My comments were on the band reachind people, not Finnish people.

Voodoomaster
10-28-2005, 01:04 PM
I certainly didn't mean it to offend anyone Finnish...I didn't even know what that language was, Finnish was just a blind guess.

My comments were on the band reachind people, not Finnish people.

Ok, got that. But like ADD said, it's not about reaching people. They actually detest publicity. And I personally ain't a big fan of them.

DethMaiden
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok, got that. But like ADD said, it's not about reaching people. They actually detest publicity. And I personally ain't a big fan of them.

I don't see the purpose of being a band if your goal is not to reach people.

My two cents.

ADD
10-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't see the purpose of being a band if your goal is not to reach people.

My two cents.
?

:lol:

DethMaiden
10-28-2005, 03:14 PM
?

:lol:

Well, ADD, look at your five favorite bands...do they not all have at least some publicity, as well as a rather dedicated fanbase? If one's goal is to remain underground they may as well not exist.

That's isn't 2 cents, but an inalienable truth.

ADD
10-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Well, ADD, look at your five favorite bands...do they not all have at least some publicity, as well as a rather dedicated fanbase? If one's goal is to remain underground they may as well not exist.

Moonsorrow exist. They make music for themselves, to please themselves. I gurantee you thy all have other jobs to make a living, but they still make amazing music and are waaaaaaaaaay underground. Usually the really great ones make it in the "mainstream", but that doesn't mean there aren't other bands out there who make music for themselves and manage to move a few units every so often, or play a festival here and there. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

DethMaiden
10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Moonsorrow exist. They make music for themselves, to please themselves. I gurantee you thy all have other jobs to make a living, but they still make amazing music and are waaaaaaaaaay underground. Usually the really great ones make it in the "mainstream", but that doesn't mean there aren't other bands out there who make music for themselves and manage to move a few units every so often, or play a festival here and there. There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

That's okay with me, I suppose it is just my weird opinion that bands are automatically better by being more popular.

ADD
10-28-2005, 06:20 PM
That's okay with me, I suppose it is just my weird opinion that bands are automatically better by being more popular.
That is a weird opinion:eyes:

MetalDrummer888
10-28-2005, 10:18 PM

moonsorrow are a specialty band . . they have a dedicated fanbase

DethMaiden
10-29-2005, 07:32 AM

Okay, ADD, I did word that wrong.

One is not better by being more popular, my favorite band would be Green Day if this were so.

I just think that basically all of my favorite bands are at least beknownst to people other than their immediate fans. True, Moonsorrow have fans, but do people not already their fans become their fans? Not in large quantities, at least.

I don't mean to be anti-Moonsorrow because they aren't the only ones, but I prefer music with a little more recognition in most instances.

ADD
10-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Okay, ADD, I did word that wrong.

One is not better by being more popular, my favorite band would be Green Day if this were so.

I just think that basically all of my favorite bands are at least beknownst to people other than their immediate fans. True, Moonsorrow have fans, but do people not already their fans become their fans? Not in large quantities, at least.

I don't mean to be anti-Moonsorrow because they aren't the only ones, but I prefer music with a little more recognition in most instances.
Recognition is based on what the media deems is "cool" or "acceptable" or, most of all, marketable. How well-known a band is doesn't have jack shit to do with how good they are or how much I can enjoy them. Music is universal language as they say, so a band of aliens from Mars could land and put out a kickass metal album I'd still dig it if it was good:allan:

MetalDrummer888
10-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Moonsorrow :party: :eyes: