PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 14th, 2005

EvilCheeseWedge
09-15-2005, 11:30 AM
This was the set list for their greatest hits set in Vancouver. The order might not be accurate.

1. Whisper
2. Empire
3. Another Rainy Night
4. Walk in the Shadows
5. Sign of the Times
6. Take Hold of the Flame
7. Last Time in Paris
8. Silent Lucidity
9. Jet City Woman

(Comes from the QRBB)

No Tribe song, that's kind of a surprise. I'm a bit sad they dropped "When the Rain Comes...", I really like that song. Oh well, it's definitely not a bad set list, so well have to see if sticks for the rest of the tour.

DethMaiden
09-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Do you know if I'm American and Hostage were played?

EvilCheeseWedge
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Do you know if I'm American and Hostage were played?
"I'm American" was not played (and probably won't be), and "Hostage" was played at the end of the show over the PA (like the other two legs of the O:M tour.) I don't know if Hostage has changed any (it's already changed about 3 times since they first started playing it over the PA.)

KerryKingsBeard
09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
only 9 songs?? :eyes:

WorldSlavery82
09-15-2005, 02:14 PM
What section are you in tonight?

KerryKingsBeard
09-15-2005, 02:27 PM
What section are you in tonight?
108, 2 rows from the stage

SomewhereInTime72
09-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Plus Operation Mindcrime in its entirety...

KerryKingsBeard
09-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Plus Operation Mindcrime in its entirety...
oh yeah, forgot they're doing that

hot_turkey_ed
09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I'd like to see Queen Of The Reich in that list.. she IS coming for you afterall. :mad:

TP
09-15-2005, 03:24 PM
No Tribe song, that's kind of a surprise.

Smart move. :D ;)

EvilCheeseWedge
09-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I'd like to see Queen Of The Reich in that list.. she IS coming for you afterall. :mad:

I fully agree. I think they should just ditch the tape of "Hostage" and come back for a real encore of "Queen of the Reich".

Smart move. :D ;)

I guess I can live with it since I heard two Tribe songs on two different Queensryche tours this year alone :bliss:

But they did play "Open" on their 9/11/05 Katrina benefit show.

DethMaiden
09-16-2005, 12:27 PM
They haven't played anything from Promised Land, even I Am I, in ages :(

EvilCheeseWedge
09-16-2005, 12:39 PM
They haven't played anything from Promised Land, even I Am I, in ages :(
I wish they would play something from PL, I haven't heard anything live from it or HITNF yet.

But "I Am I" and "Damaged" were regulars on the set for the Tribe tour 2 years ago. And they were even played last year on parts of the Art of Live tour.

EvilCheeseWedge
09-16-2005, 12:46 PM
And TP will be pleased to know that "Walk in the Shadows" was switched for "Open" on the 13th ;)

Maiden33
09-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Very cool set list I think... If I have to hear something post-Empire, Sign of the Times is not a bad choice... but I don't know why they play Last Time In Paris... the song itself is nothing special and only those with remastered versions of Empire even know it. I do however love the addition of Walk In the Shadows and the traditional appearance of Take Hold of the Flame. I still am really pushing for something (anything) off the EP though. Can't wait to see these guys for the 3rd time this year on October 5th!

DethMaiden
09-18-2005, 06:16 AM
I guess I can live with it since I heard two Tribe songs on two different Queensryche tours this year alone :bliss:

What did you hear besides Open?

DethMaiden
09-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Very cool set list I think... If I have to hear something post-Empire, Sign of the Times is not a bad choice... but I don't know why they play Last Time In Paris... the song itself is nothing special and only those with remastered versions of Empire even know it. I do however love the addition of Walk In the Shadows and the traditional appearance of Take Hold of the Flame. I still am really pushing for something (anything) off the EP though. Can't wait to see these guys for the 3rd time this year on October 5th!

Last Time in Paris is pretty cool, and they're just pulling a Megadeth when they play Angry Again or Kill the King: playing a more obscure song.

Lady Wore Black would be my choice to replace it though, if anything :party:

EvilCheeseWedge
09-18-2005, 08:08 AM

Yeah, it should be a good set. I feel the same with about "Last Time In Paris". I think it's just a mediocre song...

I agree, "Walk in the Shadows" and "Take Hold of the Flame" are great ones to hear :rocker:

EvilCheeseWedge
09-18-2005, 08:08 AM
What did you hear besides Open?

They played "Desert Dance" this summer opening for Priest :horns:

ADD
09-18-2005, 09:38 AM
They played "Desert Dance" this summer opening for Priest :horns:
Man, that song rules so much.....except for the idiotic chorus which almost ruins it:mad:

DethMaiden
09-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Man, that song rules so much.....except for the idiotic chorus which almost ruins it:mad:

Keep reachin', ADD! :cool:

MetalDrummer888
09-18-2005, 11:14 AM

Keep reaching, keep reaching, cmon keep reaching

sounds like "lets freak i,t lets freak it, cmon lets freak it" :eyes: :hecho:

EvilCheeseWedge
09-18-2005, 01:34 PM

Nah, I like it even with the chorus. :rocker:

ADD
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
:lol:

EvilCheeseWedge
09-19-2005, 09:48 AM
:lol:

I thought Desert Dance owned this summer :D

It was strangely fitting because our weather had been in the 70's and low 80's all week, and oddly enough, the day of the show it jumped to 94! It was hot as fuck.

ADD
09-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought Desert Dance owned this summer :D

It was strangely fitting because our weather had been in the 70's and low 80's all week, and oddly enough, the day of the show it jumped to 94! It was hot as fuck.
It was like 80 degrees that day at my show too, which is pretty warm for us:party: