PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot/KoRn tour

Steev
08-25-2014, 06:59 AM
SLIPKNOT has announced the next phase of its uncompromising history ó the release of ".5: The Gray Chapter", the fifth studio album from the Grammy Award-winning group, which arrives on October 21. The band's North American "Prepare For Hell" tour, promoted exclusively by Live Nation, is set to kick off immediately following the band's previously announced Knotfest (October 24-26).

".5: The Gray Chapter" is available now for pre-order on the iTunes Store, with all pre-orders receiving instant downloads of the albumís powerful new song "The Devil In I" as well as "The Negative One". ".5: The Gray Chapter" is also available in a wide range of distinctive versions, including standard and special edition CDs (two bonus tracks and expanded packaging) as well as limited edition, colored vinyl double LP set.

SLIPKNOT's "Prepare For Hell Tour" will feature very special guests KORN and openers KING 810 and will kick off October 29 in El Paso, Texas and traversing North America through December 7.

"We've been waiting a long time for this," stated SLIPKNOT's Corey Taylor. "Not only do we get to tour with friends who we respect, we've also chosen a band that represents the fury of the future. SLIPKNOT is coming to your town. And hell's coming with us."

SLIPKNOT's "Prepare For Hell Tour" with KORN and KING 810:

Oct. 25 - San Bernardino, CA - Knotfest
Oct. 26 - San Bernardino, CA - Knotfest
Oct. 29 - El Paso, TX - Paso County Coliseum
Oct. 31 - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
Nov. 01 - Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center
Nov. 02 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Nov. 04 - Little Rock, AR - Verizon Arena
Nov. 05 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
Nov. 06 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center
Nov. 08 - Madison, WI - Alliant Energy Center
Nov. 09 - Sioux Falls, SD - Denny Sanford Premiere Center
Nov. 11 - Denver, CO - Denver Coliseum
Nov. 19 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Arena
Nov. 21 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
Nov. 22 - Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena
Nov. 23 - Ft. Wayne, IN - Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
Nov. 25 - Moline, IL - iWireless Center
Nov. 26 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Nov. 28 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
Nov. 29 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
Nov. 30 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Dec. 02 - Reading, PA - Santander Arena
Dec. 03 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
Dec. 05 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun
Dec. 06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center
Dec. 07 - Boston, MA - Paul E. Tsongas Arena
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slipknot-to-tour-north-america-with-korn-king-810/#t2ElXFVi9J0WyiOk.99

TheDeadPanda
08-25-2014, 07:04 AM
I'll be going to the Halloween show, should be interesting to say the least

Steev
08-25-2014, 07:09 AM
There's a few nearby shows for me, I'm definitely going to Camden(one of the smallest venues on the tour) and the 2nd biggest maybe is Reading because it's like an hour and a half away.

That opener though.......

AnthG
08-25-2014, 07:17 AM
I haven't liked a Korn album in some time, and who knows how Slipknot's new album will be overall...but goddamn i'm not missing this show. I owe it to my 16-year-old self. It's a dream tour that's happening about 10-12 years too late. Plus skipping seeing Korn their last two times through here helps the want to see this show.

Pretty ambitious venues too. I know Slipknot are big i'm curious to see how well they can fill these arenas.

Fuck King 810 though.

Steev
08-25-2014, 07:28 AM
I haven't liked a Korn album in some time, and who knows how Slipknot's new album will be overall...but goddamn i'm not missing this show. I owe it to my 16-year-old self. It's a dream tour that's happening about 10-12 years too late. Plus skipping seeing Korn their last two times through here helps the want to see this show.

Pretty ambitious venues too. I know Slipknot are big i'm curious to see how well they can fill these arenas.

Fuck King 810 though.

Slipknot has been doing headlining arena tours for some time, and usually with direct support from bands with a smaller draw than KoRn. I saw these two together at Rock on the Range in 2009 but this is a whole different story. Definitely going though since I've wanted this for 15 years and for a long time thought it'd never happen.

PVH5150
08-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Dec. 07 - Boston, MA - Paul E. Tsongas Arena

When will people learn which venues are in which cities?

adamclark52
08-25-2014, 07:55 AM
I'd go if Devin Townsend wasn't the same night.

John The Drummer
08-25-2014, 07:59 AM
SLIPKNOT is coming to your town.

No they're not :party:

SignoftheHammer
08-25-2014, 08:08 AM
I think I'll go. It would be a good nostalgia trip:)

Steev
08-25-2014, 08:14 AM
I just keep thinking this would have been perfect for Mushroomhead to open. Supposedly both bands want to tour, but instead we get a shit opener and MRH touring on a shit bill.

300%_Density
08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
The fury of the future is King 810? Future is officially fucked. Just kill me now.

ravenheart
08-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Shame this isn't in the right place at the right time for me.

mastodon421
08-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Well shit even with King 810 being on the bill, I'll probably have to go to this.

mankvill
08-25-2014, 08:41 AM
I'd rather hit myself in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer

300%_Density
08-25-2014, 08:42 AM

Pick you up at 5:30. Don't be late!

ravenheart
08-25-2014, 08:59 AM

How much are tickets for this?

DisposableJustice
08-25-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm down for this; nostalgia trip big time and if Knot/Korn stick to their own stuff for the most part I'll enjoy it:)

mankvill
08-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Roadrunner Tour Video featuring new music from Slipknot, Korn and King 810 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48)

Disturbed95
08-25-2014, 09:42 AM
probably gonna hit up the CT show. only seen knot and korn once each, hopefully tickets arent overly pricey

PVH5150
08-25-2014, 09:47 AM
probably gonna hit up the CT show. only seen knot and korn once each, hopefully tickets arent overly pricey

On sale 9/5 at 10AM.

$64 ($48 + $16 fees).

Solution: Locate a relative with a gambling addiction & BAM! Free tickets.

dcmetal108
08-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Taking my girlfriend and I to the show.

BlindGuardian93
08-25-2014, 10:44 AM
For the Reading date there is already a show there that night. Idk how that is goino to work.

mankvill
08-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Taking my girlfriend and I to the show.

damn you must hate her

Steev
08-25-2014, 11:06 AM
For the Reading date there is already a show there that night. Idk how that is goino to work.

Looks like two different parts of the venue

PVH5150
08-25-2014, 11:10 AM

This will be in the Santander Arena & whatever the other show is will be in the Santander Performing Arts Center.

John The Drummer
08-25-2014, 11:10 AM

They'll just make it a huge fest and cut everyones set time, duh.

marker
08-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Slipknot has been doing headlining arena tours for some time, and usually with direct support from bands with a smaller draw than KoRn. I saw these two together at Rock on the Range in 2009 but this is a whole different story. Definitely going though since I've wanted this for 15 years and for a long time thought it'd never happen.

Their arena shows have always been around half empty. Korn will help but I doubt they fill any arenas.

MPF
08-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Is it just me or is this a B/C Market tour?

I think it goes without saying that I will not be going to 1999 Nostalgia Fest.

Steev
08-25-2014, 11:42 AM
They'll just make it a huge fest and cut everyones set time, duh.

Well the other show is "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" sooooo

side note though, how is Limp Bizkit not canceling their headlining tour and trying to get on this?? Shit even the Wayne Static/PM5K tour could be attached to this

mankvill
08-25-2014, 12:01 PM
side note though, how is Limp Bizkit not canceling their headlining tour and trying to get on this?? Shit even the Wayne Static/PM5K tour could be attached to this

http://i62.tinypic.com/10fp4sg.jpg

PVH5150
08-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Is it just me or is this a B/C Market tour?

Seems to be a well balanced mixture. The end of the tour hits more major stops.

AnthG
08-25-2014, 12:14 PM
I'd hardly call Slipknot a nostalgia act yet.

Coma323
08-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Lol at the sponsored by Jnco

Steev
08-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Lol at the sponsored by Jnco

Wouldn't be the first Slipknot tour sponsored by jnco, also a lot better than warped tour

mankvill
08-25-2014, 01:30 PM
a lot better than warped tour

truth

300%_Density
08-25-2014, 02:02 PM

There needs to be an extra half hour for Grade 8 to open. (I know others remember them too!!!)

adamclark52
08-25-2014, 03:29 PM
All joking aside; who would go on first? KoRn or Slipknot.

ravenheart
08-25-2014, 03:29 PM

It says "special guests KoRn", so... KoRn.

AnthG
08-25-2014, 04:12 PM

It's Slipknot's tour, so Korn.

Steev
08-25-2014, 05:21 PM
There needs to be an extra half hour for Grade 8 to open. (I know others remember them too!!!)

One of the few bands whose career ended DURING Ozzfest

hellawaits77ny
08-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Nice. Lowell should be fun.

TonyD
08-26-2014, 12:03 PM
No they're not :party:

This

Steev
08-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Tickets bought online will include a download of the new Slipknot album

AnthG
08-28-2014, 12:34 PM
A free download? Or an option to download for an additional cost?

Steev
08-28-2014, 01:16 PM
A free download? Or an option to download for an additional cost?

Free download, they did the same thing with Ozzfest awhile back

AnthG
08-28-2014, 01:37 PM
I really hate how they have public sales on Fridays. Do them on Saturday when i'm not at work without access to ticketmaster because ticketmaster is blocked.

marker
08-28-2014, 03:55 PM
I really hate how they have public sales on Fridays. Do them on Saturday when i'm not at work without access to ticketmaster because ticketmaster is blocked.

Pretend you're taking a shit and buy them on your phone.

AnthG
08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Ticketmaster's site is slow as shit on mobile. They have a mobile website but once you try to actually search for a buy tickets it redirects you to their main desktop site. I've bought tons of tickets on my phone at work on ticketfly, right at my desk, and no one cares. I dont' care about getting caught, just can't do it efficiently. I'll just have to duck out of work for 15 minutes whlie no one notices and grab them from a ticketmaster outlet up the street. Or I could wait until I get home but then i'm sure a lot of the good tickets will be gone.

PVH5150
08-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Or I could wait until I get home but then i'm sure a lot of the good tickets will be gone.

It's the Air Canada Center, dude. Unless they're doing a half house, this doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of selling out.

AnthG
08-28-2014, 05:54 PM
It definitely won't sell out, it'll probably hit half capacity if they're lucky, but i'm sure floor tickets will go quickly, which is what I would prefer.

SignoftheHammer
08-28-2014, 08:44 PM
According to the seating chart posted on Ticketmaster, they are using the full house at the ACC. I can see this being like the Sabbath show in 2007, with moving people into the lower bowl and closing off the entire upper deck.

AnthG
08-29-2014, 05:41 AM
I was hoping they would just close off the upper bowl from the start, therefore not having to have employees up there and having the lights off, reducing costs for the venue, possibly reducing price of the ticket. Actually it'd probably make no difference in the cost of the ticket but whatever.

SignoftheHammer
08-29-2014, 09:39 AM
I agree, or even use the half set up. The Sigur Ros show last year was half house, and I thought it was a nice set up.

adamclark52
08-29-2014, 10:50 AM
I agree, or even use the half set up. The Sigur Ros show last year was half house, and I thought it was a nice set up.

You were at that one too? I was surprised that many people were there.

SignoftheHammer
08-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Yep, was my second show of theirs. My first one being at Echo Beach.

Steev
09-03-2014, 06:36 AM
The presales for this tour have been absolute shit, tried 3 diff presales and on all 3
-they failed to give the password on time
-pit wasn't available

AnthG
09-03-2014, 07:05 AM
I tried as well with the presale for the Toronto show on the .com site (.ca is blocked, .com isn't. Fuck my employer), as well as on my phone when it wasn't going apeshit, and Pit's not available. Did the Floor sell out that quickly in their fanclub presales?

Steev
09-03-2014, 07:13 AM
I tried as well with the presale for the Toronto show on the .com site (.ca is blocked, .com isn't. Fuck my employer), as well as on my phone when it wasn't going apeshit, and Pit's not available. Did the Floor sell out that quickly in their fanclub presales?

I don't know, I checked the Reading venue and they had pit but that's a difference between driving 30 min and 2 hours. I keep checking but I'm calling bullshit because so far the only way I could get pit was with a M&G for 400 or "early entry" for 250.

AnthG
09-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Bit the bullet and just picked up a lower bowl seat. Didn't want to run the risk of waiting too long and then end up with a shitty seat, so I grabbed a ticket while the seat selection was still decent. If you're able to buy floor tickets for one venue and not the other, then I guess the one venue is sold out in that section, like the T.O. show probably is. If Floor becomes available i'll sell the seat ticket on craigslist or something.

Either way, still pumped for the show.

DisposableJustice
09-03-2014, 09:49 AM
I got a front row seat in the lower bowl on the left hand side; wasn't feeling the pit this time but should be a great show:D

coltongsmith
09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
where is everyone getting the presale code?

AnthG
09-03-2014, 12:04 PM
It's from their facebook page I think. It's "negative"

DisposableJustice
09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
the code I used for the Facebook sale was OT92014

EDIT: I just saw a Slipknot Facebook post saying the code is NEGATIVE. But like I said the OT92014 worked for me so either one should

AnthG
09-04-2014, 08:19 AM
I am fucking sick of Ticketmaster's bullshit with seated venues and ticket availability. Just yesterday their "Best available" was Row 14 three sections away from the stage. Today? Row fucking 2! In a closer fucking section. With the exact same presale code. Unfortunately, they only have the "choose seats for me" option, instead of the newer one where you can pick your seats yourself from whatever's available. So, either their system is totally fucked and miscalculated all day yesterday of which was available, which means they suck and need to fix their system. Or, most likely, they held off tickets for whatever fucking reason, and then released them today in the same presale, which makes them assholes. Not to mention it basically defeats the meaning and purpose of what a Presale is supposed to be. Presales are usually bullshit anyway, but if you're going to have one, fucking honour it.

Dipshits.

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 08:22 AM
I am fucking sick of Ticketmaster's bullshit with seated venues and ticket availability. Just yesterday their "Best available" was Row 14 three sections away from the stage. Today? Row fucking 2! In a closer fucking section. With the exact same presale code. Unfortunately, they only have the "choose seats for me" option, instead of the newer one where you can pick your seats yourself from whatever's available. So, either their system is totally fucked and miscalculated all day yesterday of which was available, which means they suck and need to fix their system. Or, most likely, they held off tickets for whatever fucking reason, and then released them today in the same presale, which makes them assholes. Not to mention it basically defeats the meaning and purpose of what a Presale is supposed to be. Presales are usually bullshit anyway, but if you're going to have one, fucking honour it.

Dipshits.

That's pre-sales though. And it's not just TM. Pre-sales are bullshit at all times.

I miss the days where tickets just went on sale all at once and that was it. Snooze you lose, and everyone had the same chance to get the best stuff, instead of having to try to guess whether what's been put in the allocation for one particularly pre-sale is going to be better or worse than what you might be able to get two days later in the general on-sale.

For some venues here we now have different pre-sales on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, before the general on sale on Friday. Each with their own allocations.

AnthG
09-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Pre-sales didn't use to always be as open or general like this. Usually it would just be the pre-sale for a fan club or some other really exclusive club. I'm not necessarily against that because that's usually what's promised in those types of clubs that you have to pay to be part of (The Metclub for Metallica, for example). But now there's so many that are far more general and open. A facebook presale? Everyone has a facebook page, and all you have to do is happen to be online at the time they give the password out and do something trivial like "Like" their page. They also have way too many presales going on from different sources for the same thing (Currently, for the Toronto show, there are 5 active presales).

The other thing about presales, besides being exclusive to people, is that you can only do them online and not via phone or in person. Which is fine. But it's fucking 2014. Everyone under the age of 55 gets their tickets online, and has been doing so for some time now. So that "online only" option is far less novel now. So when you combine that with the presales being far more general and open and less exclusive, well what's the point? It's basically a regular sale now, just with some password to unlock it that anyone can acquire.

You're also right about the ticket allocations sometimes being different, possibly for each presale, but then that brings up the question of "which presales get which tickets?" It seems unfair to say, give Slipknot's fanclub an entire section that's better than the tickets that Korn's fanclub gets. Besides, that doesn't matter because my issue I complained about is happening using the same presale I used yesterday.

And I don't even think this is a thing with presales, just Ticketmaster's online seat selection in general. This isn't the first time where i've bought tickets as "Best available", only to curiously browse a couple of hours, days, or even weeks later and find significantly better tickets available. Which leads me back to my original complaint and it being one of two scenarios. It's bullshit.

Steev
09-04-2014, 09:15 AM
I used 6 different presales and couldn't get pit, after the venues FB lied to my face about them being available they insisted I call customer service. Who them said I should call the venue who might as well have told me to fuck off

adamclark52
09-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Pre-sales didn't use to always be as open or general like this. Usually it would just be the pre-sale for a fan club or some other really exclusive club. I'm not necessarily against that because that's usually what's promised in those types of clubs that you have to pay to be part of (The Metclub for Metallica, for example). But now there's so many that are far more general and open. A facebook presale? Everyone has a facebook page, and all you have to do is happen to be online at the time they give the password out and do something trivial like "Like" their page. They also have way too many presales going on from different sources for the same thing (Currently, for the Toronto show, there are 5 active presales).

The other thing about presales, besides being exclusive to people, is that you can only do them online and not via phone or in person. Which is fine. But it's fucking 2014. Everyone under the age of 55 gets their tickets online, and has been doing so for some time now. So that "online only" option is far less novel now. So when you combine that with the presales being far more general and open and less exclusive, well what's the point? It's basically a regular sale now, just with some password to unlock it that anyone can acquire.

You're also right about the ticket allocations sometimes being different, possibly for each presale, but then that brings up the question of "which presales get which tickets?" It seems unfair to say, give Slipknot's fanclub an entire section that's better than the tickets that Korn's fanclub gets. Besides, that doesn't matter because my issue I complained about is happening using the same presale I used yesterday.

And I don't even think this is a thing with presales, just Ticketmaster's online seat selection in general. This isn't the first time where i've bought tickets as "Best available", only to curiously browse a couple of hours, days, or even weeks later and find significantly better tickets available. Which leads me back to my original complaint and it being one of two scenarios. It's bullshit.

That's your problem there. How many times have I "looked for better seats" to only have the same damn seats come up every fucking time? Not many any more, because all the shows I go to are General Admission. But back in the day it was infuriating. I love it when they have "select a seat". At least then, even if all that's left are shit tickets I can choose my shit tickets rather than have an option of only two shit tickets...until I bought them and better shit tickets became available.

DisposableJustice
09-04-2014, 10:14 AM

I'm guessing your venue didn't do the seat map thing, because for my show @ Denver Coliseum I was given the choice of pick my seat or do regular best available and that is why I was able to get a front row seat for my show

EDIT: I saw your post saying you only got the best available option; I think that is strange since the ACC is much newer venue than mine is

toolfansat
09-04-2014, 10:15 AM
I think that many times it's the bands themselves (or at least their management, which amounts to basically the same thing) that is behind the presale allocations and rules.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2011/03/tickets_to_hide.html

As for the venues not having "Select Your Seats" options - I think that sucks and I am seeing more of it lately. The Judas Priest show nearest me is doing that. My problem is that what they consider "best" isn't the same as mine, but I can't get into the sections that I like.

ravenheart
09-04-2014, 10:24 AM
I think that many times it's the bands themselves (or at least their management, which amounts to basically the same thing) that is behind the presale allocations and rules.

Depends on who the pre-sale is for. For fanclubs, yes, definitely the bands/management. For others (here Planet Rock, Barclaycard, O2, Live Nation, and many others often get pre-sale allocations) it's the promoters or the venues themselves.

AnthG
09-04-2014, 11:02 AM
My problem is that what they consider "best" isn't the same as mine, but I can't get into the sections that I like.

Or the best available tickets in a certain section will change depending on what filters you have on. For example, you'll put "Best Available" on and get Seat A, but then when you change it to "Lower Level Seating", you'll get Seat B, even though Seat A and B are both lower level seating. Then when you change your filter back to "Best Available", you'll get Seat A again.

Steev
09-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Sat there refreshing the page when it went onsale and FINALLY got pit for Camden

To put in perspective their pit is roughly the equivalent of 4-8 rows of seats(depending on seated shows they occasionally do) compared to every other date that is the whole open floor

SignoftheHammer
09-05-2014, 06:10 AM
Got section 120 for Toronto, was the best I could pull up

Steev
09-05-2014, 06:23 AM
So it's been about 20 min so I decided to go on again for the hell of it and pit was sold out

So those went REALLY fast(I mean Mayhem Fest this summer they had pit tickets the day before)

AnthG
09-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I did the same thing this morning, and the Pit is genuinely sold out. Kind of puts my mind at ease since I bought my ticket.

Got section 120 for Toronto, was the best I could pull up

119 for me. I shall see you sort of when I happen to look over at your section during set changeovers.

SignoftheHammer
09-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I did the same thing this morning, and the Pit is genuinely sold out. Kind of puts my mind at ease since I bought my ticket.

119 for me. I shall see you sort of when I happen to look over at your section during set changeovers.

Sounds good:D

Tickets for this are going way faster than I thought they would, I'm surprised.

Steev
09-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Sounds good:D

Tickets for this are going way faster than I thought they would, I'm surprised.

I'm not, admittedly KoRn has toured ALOT since Head came back, but this is the first real Slipknot tour since 2009

AnthG
09-05-2014, 09:34 AM
They did Mayhem in 2012.

Steev
09-05-2014, 09:45 AM
They did Mayhem in 2012.

Mayhem isn't a headlining tour, its a festival where they play for an hour

AnthG
09-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I doubt most fans care, or even notice the difference. Just because it isn't technically "their tour" doesn't mean it is any less of a real tour than this one. It was a full 25-30 date tour, with their name at the top of the ads and them playing last and them bringing in people.

marker
09-05-2014, 11:09 AM
I doubt most fans care, or even notice the difference. Just because it isn't technically "their tour" doesn't mean it is any less of a real tour than this one. It was a full 25-30 date tour, with their name at the top of the ads and them playing last and them bringing in people.

Still wasn't a proper headlining tour, that's all. If people can't tell the difference they must be stupid. Not talking about you.

AnthG
09-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, yeah, probably shouldn't have used that. I mean more not telling the difference when they're seeing them live, since the stage show is the same and all that? I don't know.

Point is, still a proper headlining tour. The only thing you can argue as to why it isn't is the shorter set length, but they still play an hour on stage. It's not the 80-90 minutes they would play otherwise, but 60 minutes still constitutes as a headlining set for most metal bands.

Sooo...yeah.

marker
09-05-2014, 12:02 PM
I think they'll play only 75 mins on the Korn tour, so I guess only 15 more minutes.
We'll see.

AnthG
09-10-2014, 12:26 PM
So, umm, here's something kind of shady/interesting/lame/shitty

The Toronto show on ticketmaster finally decided to use the "Choose my Seats" option. It was there I noticed that the GA Pit section on the map was blue, which means there are tickets available in this section. So there I am all like "Oh great, they just finally released floor tickets. That sucks for people, myself included, who may have been interested in a floor ticket but bought a seat instead thinking the floor was sold out." Which sucks in of itself, but i'm content with my seat taking in mind the pros and cons of both and am pretty happy with my seat.

But then I saw the pricing options for the General Admission area, and it turns out that, at least through ticketmaster, the only way to buy a Floor ticket is to buy one of the two VIP packages, valued at $250.00 and $400.00 respectively. This explains why tickets wouldn't show up in a search with the "General Admission" filter on, since it was searching for GA tickets at regular price, in which case there were none. Leading people to think they were sold out without the "choose your seat" Map.

Out of curiosity I checked out a few other Slipknot shows on Ticketmaster for this tour, and noticed that they have both the VIP options and regular option for some of them, but the show at the IZOD center in New Jersey has the same issue as the Toronto show. So this doesn't appear to be a case of the band or promoter only limiting floor tickets to those who pay for a VIP package (unless they're specifically targeting certain markets for this, which I don't know why they'd do that), and maybe more of a ticketmaster issue where they fucked up. Again. Unless this is a case of the band or promoter wanting to gouge certain markets (Toronto's considered an "A" market, and East Rutherford is very well part of the NYC metro area), in which case lame. But that seems less likely and far more cynical than even i'd like to consider. I didn't feel like looking at every single date for this tour on ticketmaster though, so that theory is based on looking at like 5 shows.

Sooo...yeah. Fuck ticketmaster. They just seem to be the worst.

DisposableJustice
09-10-2014, 12:38 PM
So, umm, here's something kind of shady/interesting/lame/shitty

The Toronto show on ticketmaster finally decided to use the "Choose my Seats" option. It was there I noticed that the GA Pit section on the map was blue, which means there are tickets available in this section. So there I am all like "Oh great, they just finally released floor tickets. That sucks for people, myself included, who may have been interested in a floor ticket but bought a seat instead thinking the floor was sold out." Which sucks in of itself, but i'm content with my seat taking in mind the pros and cons of both and am pretty happy with my seat.

But then I saw the pricing options for the General Admission area, and it turns out that, at least through ticketmaster, the only way to buy a Floor ticket is to buy one of the two VIP packages, valued at $250.00 and $400.00 respectively. This explains why tickets wouldn't show up in a search with the "General Admission" filter on, since it was searching for GA tickets at regular price, in which case there were none. Leading people to think they were sold out without the "choose your seat" Map.

Out of curiosity I checked out a few other Slipknot shows on Ticketmaster for this tour, and noticed that they have both the VIP options and regular option for some of them, but the show at the IZOD center in New Jersey has the same issue as the Toronto show. So this doesn't appear to be a case of the band or promoter only limiting floor tickets to those who pay for a VIP package (unless they're specifically targeting certain markets for this, which I don't know why they'd do that), and maybe more of a ticketmaster issue where they fucked up. Again. Unless this is a case of the band or promoter wanting to gouge certain markets (Toronto's considered an "A" market, and East Rutherford is very well part of the NYC metro area), in which case lame. But that seems less likely and far more cynical than even i'd like to consider. I didn't feel like looking at every single date for this tour on ticketmaster though, so that theory is based on looking at like 5 shows.

Sooo...yeah. Fuck ticketmaster. They just seem to be the worst.

I saw that 250/400 thing for my show and I was like the fucking fuck..like you said it was VIP but I couldn't find a way to select regular GA, I had to go up to the top of the page and turn off the VIP setting and it opened up the regular GA. Fucking strange though, I'm sure at least one person thought it was the regular GA price and dropped $250

AnthG
09-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Ahhh ok. So, yeah, that may have been a misinformed rant, as there is an option to buy regular GA pit tickets after you deselect all the VIP stuff. There just aren't any GA pit tickets at regular price available, not that there wasn't that option to begin with. So...yeah. Same situation as before I made that post...

I still say "fuck Ticketmaster"

GWAR654
09-10-2014, 11:11 PM
got my Double Platinum VIP Experience plus floor tickets for a grand total of 430 bucks for this show. I cannot wait to have my one on one drum lesson from Ray and watch korn from the stage. Favorite band of all time and i finally get to get up close and personal especially after just being used in the hater video. So this is going to be amazing. #20 seeing them.,

adamclark52
09-10-2014, 11:45 PM
If you had of told me twenty years ago that people would be paying upwards of four hundred dollars to see KoRn I'd say you were crazy. I don't care, do what you want. I just never thought I'd see that.

kalfitegrdan
09-11-2014, 02:53 AM
If you had of told me twenty years ago that people would be paying upwards of four hundred dollars to see KoRn I'd say you were crazy. I don't care, do what you want. I just never thought I'd see that.

I would've said the same thing if you told me that yesterday. :eyes: