PDA

View Full Version : Dream Theater - Live From The Boston Opera House Blu-Ray/CD

PVH5150
08-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Grammy-nominated progressive metal titans, Dream Theater, have announced the release of Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House), a live Blu-Ray / DVD set of the band’s one-of-a-kind performance from the Boston Opera House on March 25th, 2014.

Produced by the band’s own John Petrucci, filmed and directed by Pierre and François Lamoureux, and mixed and mastered by Richard Chycki, Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House) is over 2 hours in length, capturing the special evening, which featured guest performances from The Berklee College of Music Orchestra and Choir. Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House) arrives September 30th.

The collection will be available in multiple configurations including Blu-Ray, a 2 DVD set, and a webstore deluxe exclusive Blu-Ray/3 CD set with poster. Furthermore, Dream Theater have premiered a video of “The Looking Glass” (Live) taken from Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House). All pre-orders will receive an instant download “The Looking Glass” (Live).

Dream Theater’s John Petrucci commented on the special event saying, “In many ways, this was a huge homecoming for the band given the history of Dream Theater’s origins and ties with Berklee. With John and I both being alumni and Mike having been a professor at the college for 10 years, we saw the opportunity to perform together with the students of Berklee as a tremendous thrill and honor. We are extremely grateful for everyone's hard work in making this special event a reality and to all who participated.”

He continued, “All of the Berklee College instrumentalists and vocalists did an outstanding job that night and it was awesome to have one of its students, Eren Başbuğ orchestrate and conduct them live at the Opera House after having been a part of our latest studio release in the same capacity. Dream Theater has always had a great connection to the city of Boston and we knew that against the backdrop of the beautiful Opera House, this would end up being a historic stop on our 'Along For The Ride' world tour and an evening most definitely worth capturing on video. Beautifully filmed and directed by Pierre Lamoureux and brilliantly mixed and mastered by Richard Chycki, this is in my opinion, a major highlight in our nearly 30 year career as a band. We are eagerly anticipating its release this fall and really hope that everyone enjoys it!”

This past year Dream Theater earned a second Grammy nomination for “Best Metal Performance” for the single “The Enemy Inside” from their current self-titled worldwide smash album (released September 24th, 2013 on Roadrunner Records). Dream Theater made a spectacular debut this past fall, topping Billboard’s “Hard Rock Albums” chart while simultaneously entering at #7 on the overall Billboard 200. The extraordinary chart position marked the group’s third consecutive top 10 debut, and also saw Dream Theater making top 5 chart debuts in Japan, Germany, Italy, Canada, Argentina, Switzerland, Holland, and Finland, as well as top 10 debuts in Denmark, Austria, and Norway, with career high debuts in the United Kingdom and Australia. The band recently announced new tour dates which will see them bring their spectacular live show to South America, Asia and Australia later this fall.

Blu-Ray/3CD/Poster Set: $60
Blu-Ray/3CD Set: $50
2DVD Set: $25
Blu-Ray: $25

Pre-Order: http://www.dreamtheater.net/preorder

DI7E_QvetVM

MPF
08-21-2014, 04:17 PM
It's too bad you can't buy the CDs separate.

I don't see anything on Bonus Features, which is the biggest reason why I'd buy this. I don't think I'd outright buy this right away, but I can't complain about the band, hell, they gave me 3rd row tickets for interviewing Mike Mangini.

It does look tempting and it would be nice to revisit the songs I heard live.

PVH5150
08-21-2014, 04:26 PM
It's too bad you can't buy the CDs separate.

I don't see anything on Bonus Features, which is the biggest reason why I'd buy this. I don't think I'd outright buy this right away, but I can't complain about the band, hell, they gave me 3rd row tickets for interviewing Mike Mangini.

It does look tempting and it would be nice to revisit the songs I heard live.

I find that I rarely buy live albums anymore. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last one I bought. That being said, I collect concerts on Blu-Ray. Watching a gig in full DTS surround sound & in HD is something I highly enjoy. This one looks well put together mainly because of the editing. Few things drive me nuts as much as frame changes in concerts every half a fucking second. I'll buy the Blu-Ray when it comes out. This gig was my first of 2014, my first in nearly 8 months & was a big part in bringing me out of a depressive state and in reminding me why I love going to shows in the first place. And that's awesome that you got 3rd row for interviewing Mike. If I remember correctly, I had orchestra right 15-ish rows back for this one. I won't hold my breath, but I hope more shows go to the Opera House. Best acoustics of any venue I've been to.

markrz
08-21-2014, 04:55 PM
I missed this show, so I'll definitely pick up the blu-ray. The song they released from looks and sounds great. I'm willing to bet the CDs will be available in stores/online after the official release date; I think the package is just what they're doing for special pre-orders.

ravenheart
08-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Can this band play a show without releasing it on DVD these days?

MetalIsArt
08-23-2014, 07:10 AM

Teh Monniez

HeavyMetalBuffalo
08-24-2014, 04:24 PM

It's Dream Theater tradition now, they've been doing it their entire career.

Travis The Dragon
08-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Rush has been doing it since Test For Echo and AC/DC has been doing it since The Razor's Edge.

Sanitarium78
08-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Rush has been doing it since Test For Echo and AC/DC has been doing it since The Razor's Edge.

It makes more sense with those two bands since they don't tour as often anymore. Dream Theater comes out with a new album every two years and tours to support the new release. So, there isn't as much of a need to release a live DVD every tour since they never take an extended break from the road.

Does this mean that there will be no more touring for the new album? I thought maybe they would do a second north american leg before the end of the year. They did two for the last album so I figured they'd do the same this time around.

MPF
08-24-2014, 09:37 PM
It makes more sense with those two bands since they don't tour as often anymore. Dream Theater comes out with a new album every two years and tours to support the new release. So, there isn't as much of a need to release a live DVD every tour since they never take an extended break from the road.

Does this mean that there will be no more touring for the new album? I thought maybe they would do a second north american leg before the end of the year. They did two for the last album so I figured they'd do the same this time around.

They are heading back in the studio for a possible 2015 release.

Like Clockwork...

ravenheart
08-25-2014, 02:09 AM
AC/DC has been doing it since The Razor's Edge.

So, four in 23 years. Good example ;)

MetalIsArt
08-25-2014, 05:11 AM
So, four in 23 years. Good example ;)

Dream Theater has become boring. I wonder why...

*whistles*