PDA

View Full Version : Machine Head: Bloodstone and Diamonds

DisposableJustice
08-17-2014, 11:43 PM
http://i1.wp.com/www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Machine-Head-Bloodstone-Diamonds.jpg?resize=620%2C621

There you have it. The new album title in all its glory my friends.
I cannot even begin to tell you how proud we are of this album. It’s been a heck of a ride. It looked like it might not ever happen again at one point, but man, this album is a milestone for us.

You’re going to love it Head Cases.

Without getting too philosophical on ya, bloodstone and diamonds represent two of the hardest materials on earth, it is also a lyric from the opening track of the album “Now We Die”. In many cultures the bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against evil, and is the symbol of justice. Diamonds are the hardest natural material on earth (which is how we feel about our music), and it also represents the diamond logo I drew 22 years ago (in my wife’s apartment on Dover St. in Oakland) that has become the symbol for the band.

Below is the track listing:
BLOODSTONE & DIAMONDS
1. Now We Die
2. Killers & Kings
3. Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones
4. Night Of Long Knives
5. Sail Into The Black
6. Eyes Of The Dead
7. Beneath The Silt
8. In Comes The Flood
9. Damage Inside
10. Game Over
11. Imaginal Cells (instrumental)
12. Take Me Through The Fire

10 songs, an interlude, and an instrumental with an audio collage of spoken word snippets (think “Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies”) by Dr. Bruce Lipton and Steve Bhaerman, taken from their (incredibly inspiring) audiobook “Spontaneous Evolution”.

It was once again produced by your truly The General and Juan Urteaga, and like the last 7 out of 8 albums masterfully mixed by Colin Richardson. Additional tracking, editing, and mixing was done with heavy metal legend Andy Sneap and Steve Lagudi.

Guest musicians include 2 different string quartets featuring the original Quartet Rouge that appeared on our last album “Unto The Locust”. And a new all-male quartet which we featured on the song “In Comes The Flood”.
String arrangements for 2 of the songs “Now We Die” and “Sail Into The Black” came courtesy of myself and Rhys Fulber who has worked with everyone from Sarah McLachlan, to Fear Factory, and the string arrangement for “In Comes The Flood” came courtesy of myself and ex-Worship and current-Bring Me The Horizon keyboardist Jordan Fish, who is a producer in his own right.

We worked with several artists to complete the 28 page (!) “standard” CD booklet, as well as the 48 page (!) hardcover leather-bound Media-book that will serve as the special edition, including Rafal Wechterowicz, Marcelo Vasco, and long-time Machine Head art-collaborator Strephon Taylor. The theme was to have both CD and hardcover Mediabook look like an old Alchemy book from the 1800′s, with weathered edges, sepia toned pages, and magic / masonic / alchemy themed woodcarvings throughout.
It turned out fucking amazing!!

All album photos were done with our friend Travis Shinn who took some mind-bogglingly awesome photos, that again, were set to match the theme of the book with an old 1800′s / alchemy feel to them.
I’ve posted some pictures with this so you guys can get a sneak peak.
Enjoy maniacs!!

No release date although I've heard between October-December

I'm excited; Killers and Kings was a good track and it sounds like they put in a lot of work into this album so I am expecting something at the very least good

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/08/13/machine-head-announce-new-album-bloodstone-diamonds/

mastodon421
08-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Stoked for this record. Their last 2 records ruled and I hope this will only continue their current hot streak.

MetalIsArt
08-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Stoked for this record. Their last 2 records ruled and I hope this will only continue their current hot streak.

This.

PVH5150
08-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Wonder if the title is a nod to Judas Priest. Didn't they cover The Sentinel on a previous album?

DisposableJustice
08-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Release date via http://takemyscars.com/Bloodstone__and__Diamonds_is_100_Complete_Gets_a_R elease_Date_and_Comes_in_Eight_Different_Versions--August_31-2014

Nuclear Blast Entertainment has announced more information about the different releases of Bloodstone & Diamonds. It will be released on November 7th and come in at least eight different versions, Standard, Digipack, Splatter vinyl, Black vinyl, Yellow vinyl, Grey vinyl, White vinyl and a picture vinyl.

John The Drummer
08-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Wonder if the title is a nod to Judas Priest. Didn't they cover The Sentinel on a previous album?

That's what I was gonna say hahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlZSofWtTY

adamclark52
08-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Release date via http://takemyscars.com/Bloodstone__and__Diamonds_is_100_Complete_Gets_a_R elease_Date_and_Comes_in_Eight_Different_Versions--August_31-2014

Of which I will buy one: standard. I'm so boring.

DisposableJustice
08-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Of which I will buy one: standard. I'm so boring.

Don't worry I'm going to be boring too and just get the CD and/or mp3 download

DisposableJustice
09-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Update on the album that MH is totally clearing their schedule for....*cough*

Machine Head look to have chosen the track "Now We Die" to serve as the first single from their eight full-length album, “Bloodstone & Diamonds“. A music video for the track is reportedly in the works. Given past updates from the bands Robb Flynn, this is one of the songs to feature a string arrangement.

Machine Head release their 8th album “Bloodstone & Diamonds" on Nov 7th - EU, and Nov 10th in the U.S. and U.K.

http://takemyscars.com/First_Single_From_Bloodstone_and_Diamonds_Revealed--September_21-2014

DisposableJustice
09-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Now we die is on the iTunes store; but only in the UK store for the moment...I listened to the 45 second preview clip and it was, meh ok need to hear the whole song to fairly judge

DisposableJustice
09-25-2014, 09:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI_NEGD4tb0

So....I guess the release of Now I Die on the UK iTunes store was a mistake, it wasn't meant to be released until Oct 10th as a single...lol

"NOW WE DIE" HAS OFFICIALLY LEAKED

And why am I telling you this information?
Information that just a few years ago, labels and bands would have been trying their hardest to pull down from torrent sites and flag YouTube channels?
Because in 2014 you just have to own shit like this.
Own it…and move on.
John Lennon once sang “life is what happens, while you’re making other plans…”
That’s right my friends, "Now We Die," the first track and lead single off of "Bloodstone & Diamonds" has officially leaked, 3 weeks ahead of it’s originally scheduled Oct 10th release date as a digital single.
Mindbogglingly, it was leaked via an iTunes UK Pre-Order page that “someone” fucked up on (and who is about to be fucking fired!) that basically said, “pre-order Machine Head’s new album and get TWO free songs.”
Oh yeah, that’s right, the official album version of “Killer & Kings” has leaked too.
Un-fucking-believable.
We are FURIOUS.
Imagine what a total shock it was to the band and our new label, Nuclear Blast Entertainment.
I found out about it when a friend of mine from the UK texted me saying, “dude, Now We Die is KIIIIILLLLLLLER”, I went "uh, how did you hear it…?"
Regardless, there is no sense fighting it. The Internet is the speed of light nowadays, and you know, what? That’s a good thing.
It had only been localized to the iTunes UK site, (meaning: nowhere else in the iTunes World had a “Bloodstone & Diamonds" pre-order page even up to be seen) but let’s face it, it was only a matter of hours before it went all over torrent sites and YouTube, so us and our label have made the bold decision to follow suit with the UK iTunes page, and offer the 2 songs as a “gratis” purchase when you pre-order the album from any worldwide iTunes site.
It is going up on Spotify as soon as humanly possible.
And we’ve taken it one step further.
We have decided to upload both “Now We Die” and “Killers & Kings" to our own YouTube channels for anyone who wants to hear both songs for FREE, without a pre-order. This is our way of saying “thank you” to our fans in the U.S. for their patience and understanding in our difficult decision to postpone our U.S. tour.
We hope these songs show a glimpse of what we’ve worked on over many months of recording to achieve. Our hope is that this represents why we are taking so much pride and putting in the extra effort and workmanship into creating something we feel is truly special.
There is no half-stepping in Machine Head. It’s all or nothing.
And if you like it, we want you to SHARE IT! We’ve told the distributors specifically "do not take down fan YT channels with 'Now We Die'". Spread the word on your own YouTube channels, post it on your friends Facebook pages and feeds, make your own tribute pages, make your own lyric videos, make parody videos, post your own guitar videos of it, post your own singing videos.
We want to post YOUR videos of these songs too!!
Pre-Order pages for Nuclear Blast will be going up in the next few hours, it may be up on your iTunes now, but either way, we are going to turn this into a positive for the fans.
We cannot wait to share the rest of the record with you.

As for the song....I really like it, a good opener and the string pieces are a good touch

anomynous
09-25-2014, 10:13 AM
If it's up for purchase it's not a leak Mr Flynn.

If two songs are already out clearly the album is done, so much for "we needz moar teim"

DisposableJustice
09-25-2014, 12:11 PM
If it's up for purchase it's not a leak Mr Flynn.

If two songs are already out clearly the album is done, so much for "we needz moar teim"

Plus this has to be on the band and/or Nuclear Blast. If you don't want a song to be posted on iTunes of all things, then you don't give them the songs. It's not like an Apple employee walked into the recording studio and took the songs to be posted on the UK store of all places

MetalIsArt
09-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Awaiting da new album.

Been a long time that I listened to MH, will put the other albums on first.

adamclark52
09-25-2014, 12:36 PM
I still can't believe that Roadrunner let them go. They're the only band I can think of who's albums sales INCREASED with each of their last three albums.

Maybe they wanted out though. I know I'd rather be on Nuclear Blast.

MetalIsArt
09-25-2014, 12:47 PM
I still can't believe that Roadrunner let them go. They're the only band I can think of who's albums sales INCREASED with each of their last three albums.

This.

AnthG
09-25-2014, 01:28 PM

Did the sales increase, or just the chart positions?

adamclark52
09-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Did the sales increase, or just the chart positions?

I remember reading somewhere after Unto the Locust came out that they did.

DisposableJustice
09-25-2014, 02:04 PM
For the MH fans in the bay area:

HEAD CASES! BE IN MACHINE HEAD'S NEW VIDEO!!
--------------------

Machine Head are looking for 18 to 20 year old Head Cases to appear in an upcoming video from their new album "Bloodstone & Diamonds".

Shooting will take place at 6PM in Oakland, CA on Friday Oct. 3rd, and will go late into the night.

If you are interested please reply to Mike@MikeSloat.com with a photo, description (age, location, etc)

** Please be aware that you will need to be in good physical shape. Attendance will require you to be covered in dirt, dust, and fake blood, and you will be required to carry, break, and smash things. Anyone pregnant, nursing, or with an existing medical condition will unfortunately not qualify.

mastodon421
09-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Now We Die is really fucking good. Very pleasantly surprised with how great the clean vocals are in the second half of the song.

DisposableJustice
09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
album version of Killers and Kings up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bstwRXenUKQ#t=137

sounding really good:rocker:

justinm4bama
09-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Yeah, that's pretty damn good!

DisposableJustice
09-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Now a casting call for the more "seasoned" MH fans

CASTING CALL MH VIDEO

From the director Mike Sloat:
Machine Head are looking for 7 men in the 30 to 40 age group to appear in their video. Must be in good physical shape, have no claustrophobia / issues with wearing a gas mask. It is a very specific look we are going for.

Shooting will take place at 6PM in Oakland, CA on Friday Oct. 3rd, and will go late into the night.

If you are interested please reply to Mike@MikeSloat.com with a photo, description (age, location, etc)

** Please be aware that you will need to be in good physical shape. Attendance will require you to be covered in dirt, dust, and fake blood, and you will be required to carry, break, and smash things. Anyone pregnant, nursing, or with an existing medical condition will unfortunately not qualify

adamclark52
09-29-2014, 12:10 PM
So no pregnant men? Damn it, I'm always getting left out of everything.

AnthG
09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
So get an abortion then you can be in the MH video.

DisposableJustice
09-29-2014, 12:35 PM
This means ARRNold can't...too bad

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/2013/January/Film/Junior_Arnold_Schwarzenegger.jpg