PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary - The Year The Sun Died, to be released in October

HeavyMetalBuffalo
08-14-2014, 10:17 AM
"Legendary Seattle metal band, Sanctuary, has posted the artwork for their upcoming album, The Year The Sun Died. Created by Travis Smith (OPETH, NEVERMORE) the album art can be seen below.

The album will be released in North America on October 14 (October 6 in Europe) and will feature 11 tracks. There will be a deluxe media book, available exclusively at CM Distro in the United States, which features expanded packaging and the bonus track, "Waiting for the Sun", originally recorded by THE DOORS. The vinyl version will come with a CD featuring this bonus track as well. The 11 tracks on the CD and LP are as follows:

The Year The Sun Died track-listing
1. Arise and Purify
2. Let The Serpent Follow Me
3. Exitium (Anthem of the Living)
4. Question Existence Fading
5. I Am Low
6. Frozen
7. One Final Day (Sworn to Believe)
8. The World is Wired
9. The Dying Age
10. Ad Vitam Aeternam
11. The Year the Sun Died

SANCTUARY was formed in Seattle in 1985; the band released two studio albums on Epic Records, Refuge Denied in 1987 and Into the Mirror Black in 1989. Worldwide touring with the likes of MEGADETH, WARLOCK, FATES WARNING and DEATH ANGEL, just to name a few, followed each album. Singer Warrel Dane's sky-high vocals combined with guitarist Lenny Rutledge's more mature take on classic thrash riffs separated SANCTUARY from the throes of metal bands struggling to get noticed at the time. Simply put, SANCTUARY offered something fresh sounding in the muddled world of '80s thrash.

SANCTUARY live:
Nov. 14 - Seattle, WA - S7
Nov. 15 - Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw
Nov. 16 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne
Nov. 19 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove
Nov. 20 - Las Vegas, NV - LVCS
Nov. 21 - Phoenix, AZ - Club Red
Nov. 22 - San Diego, CA - Ramona Mainstage

SANCTUARY line-up 2014:
Warrel Dane - Vocals
Lenny Rutledge - Guitars
Jim Sheppard - Bass
Dave Budbill - Drums
Brad Hull - Guitars

SANCTUARY online:
www.facebook.com/sanctuaryfans
www.twitter.com/sanctuarymetal "

https://www.facebook.com/sanctuaryfans/photos/a.170099799703468.33110.135071503206298/757070187673090/?type=1
http://www.metalkaoz.com/metal-news/13938-sanctuary-reveal-new-album-details.html

the deathmetaler
08-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I am so stoked for this!

MPF
08-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Considering this was suppose to be out LAST YEAR, I hope it actually comes out this year.

Sanitarium78
08-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Took them long enough. The album should be good but I want Nevermore to get back together more than I want a new Sanctuary album.

sfhui
08-14-2014, 11:18 AM
FUCK YES A SANCTUARY TOUR!

darkguardian50
08-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Took them long enough. The album should be good but I want Nevermore to get back together more than I want a new Sanctuary album.

Absolutely, Jeff Loomis is way to good to be sitting around doing nothing.

Still not sure entirely what went down with Nevermore but they were still putting out quality music till the end, I'd rather have that then Sanctuary (though I'll definitely be checking this out).

kalfitegrdan
08-17-2014, 12:10 AM
Bah. I'll take new Sanctuary over new Nevermore any day.

anomynous
08-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Absolutely, Jeff Loomis is way to good to be sitting around doing nothing.

CzLjTrk2q-Q

the deathmetaler
08-19-2014, 10:39 PM
A new song is gonna be posted on their Facebook page on Thursday. I hope it's really good.

the deathmetaler
08-21-2014, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dywhFx-piIE

Sounds great to me. Perfect blend of the crunchy Sanctuary sound and the melodic Nevermore style. I can't wait to hear more.

ravenheart
08-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Sounds great to me.

MPF
08-21-2014, 01:37 PM
The new song is one of the 3 new songs they premiered in St. Paul last year. I dig it a lot.

As much as I want Nevermore back (really, who doesn't) I would love for Sanctuary to stay active.

ravenheart
08-21-2014, 01:59 PM
The new song is one of the 3 new songs they premiered in St. Paul last year. I dig it a lot.

As much as I want Nevermore back (really, who doesn't) I would love for Sanctuary to stay active.

I want them to stay active long enough to play a proper European tour, which I think they will. They can quit again after that.

In theory so far, next year might hold Sanctuary, the four-piece COC, Ziltoid The Musical, and the theatre production of Ayreon's The Human Equation for me... that's a good year regardless of anything else that gets booked.

MPF
08-21-2014, 02:04 PM
I want them to stay active long enough to play a proper European tour, which I think they will. They can quit again after that.

In theory so far, next year might hold Sanctuary, the four-piece COC, Wolf, Ziltoid The Musical, the theatre production of Ayreon's The Human Equation for me... that's a good year regardless of anything else that gets booked.

Yeah there's no I could complain if I was seeing those shows next year.

I feel very fortunate I got to see Sanctuary last year. It was my girlfriend and I's 3rd date, they premiered 3 songs and unless they do a proper US run again (I'd love to see an Iced Earth/Sanctuary 2015 tour. Both are on Century Media, it could work), I probably won't have the chance to see them again.

HeavyMetalBuffalo
09-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Exitium (Anthem Of The Living) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI07kqOoLLA&feature=youtu.be)

ravenheart
09-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Already pre-ordered the vinyl + CD set.