Dec 17 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory
Dec 18 New York, NY Terminal 5
Dec 19 Worcester, MA The Palladium
Dec 20 Montreal, QC Metropolis
Dec 21 Toronto, ON Kool Haus

I will definitely be at the Worcester show

PVH5150
08-13-2014, 07:29 AM
In Flames headlining over Opeth? Really?

Disturbed95
08-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Its a co-heading tour, but i think opeth plays last. Whoops. Mods, please fix

slapguitarer
08-13-2014, 07:49 AM
This lineup makes no sense

AnthG
08-13-2014, 08:04 AM
This lineup makes perfect sense. Two Swedish bands who used to be awesome and then became totally not awesome. In Flames took the slippery slope while Opeth just jumped off the cliff.

Maideneer
08-13-2014, 08:14 AM
EDIT: fuck it I'm going. By hook or by crook I'm getting to Chicago. Ticket bought.

smearCampaign
08-13-2014, 08:17 AM
This lineup makes perfect sense. Two Swedish bands who used to be awesome and then became totally not awesome. In Flames took the slippery slope while Opeth just jumped off the cliff.

I'd say that's the other way around. In Flames jumped off the cliff on Reroute to Remain and Opeth has been a steady decline since Damnation. Regardless, I'm not sad that this is skipping Michigan.

PVH5150
08-13-2014, 08:17 AM

Except Opeth is still awesome and In Flames is so terrible that they could make Helen Keller say "the fuck?".

Anyway, I'm glad this is a short tour. Gives me more hope for Opeth doing An Evening With in 2015 for their 25th anniversary & a much better chance at seeing them in a venue that isn't a shithole.

mastodon421
08-13-2014, 08:24 AM
Tyrone Biggums must've booked this tour....

Maideneer
08-13-2014, 08:26 AM
From Opeth:

We are delighted to return to North America to tour our latest album Pale Communion. This will be the first of two North American Tours and the fact that we are teaming up with our old friends In Flames for this co-headline tour means that we can get to play some large venues and present our new stage show. I am also looking forward to drinking expensive whiskey with Anders on his account

SignoftheHammer
08-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Toronto on a Sunday, and a few days after my birthday, yeah I'm in:D

adamclark52
08-13-2014, 08:46 AM

+1

Have these bands ever toured together? I remember back in the late 1990's when I was first getting into both bands always thinking In Flames was like Opeth-lite ie. a radio friendly version. Too bad their touring togther now that they both suck...come at me bro. :allan:

AnthG
08-13-2014, 09:12 AM
I'd say that's the other way around. In Flames jumped off the cliff on Reroute to Remain and Opeth has been a steady decline since Damnation. Regardless, I'm not sad that this is skipping Michigan.

I still liked Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to Your Escape, though they still weren't as good as Clayman, so that's where the "Slippery slope" started into what they're doing now, for me. I enjoyed all of Opeth's work up until Heritage (even most parts of Watershed). Then they were like "Hey, we're a 70s prog band now guys"

I wouldn't write this tour off if it wasn't for their setlist selections recently. In Flames pretty much refuses to play anything before Reroute to Remain these days. Opeth's setlists after Heritage came out slowly threw a bone to fans with some heavier material sprinkled in. But with new albums coming out for both bands it's going to be weighted towards newer material probably.

moobys37
08-13-2014, 09:17 AM
This tour in 2004 would have been amazing. 2014...not so much.

slapguitarer
08-13-2014, 10:03 AM
I was mainly talking about Red Fang as an opener. Doesn't make any sense

MPF
08-13-2014, 10:33 AM
I don't care, I'm excited for all 3.

justinm4bama
08-13-2014, 10:38 AM
This tour in 2004 would have been amazing. 2014...not so much.

This.

Natrlhi
08-13-2014, 11:03 AM
I was mainly talking about Red Fang as an opener. Doesn't make any sense

I knew what you meant right away, because I thought the exact same thing. Red Fang has nothing in common with either of the two co-headliners.

mankvill
08-13-2014, 12:08 PM
That new In Flames...

... Good lord

Coma323
08-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Last time I saw In Flames even their older songs sounded like shit live. The band didn't seem into it at all.

moobys37
08-13-2014, 12:55 PM
That new In Flames...

... Good lord

Best comedy album of 2014!

fletchzer
08-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Damn, would love to see an Opeth / Red Fang tour down under!

In Flames, eh...

mattlion
08-13-2014, 05:32 PM
In Flames without Jesper will never return to anything resembling their older approach. They started to sound different with him, but now the band's interest in material he wrote is waning even more.

TonyD
08-13-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm so glad I never like In Flames in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also the couple new Opeth tracks aren't what their core fanbase is looking for, so whether it actually ends up being good or not, we're gonna hear about that for a while.

OraclesofAgony
08-13-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't care at all about In Flames, but depending on the setlist for Opeth I might go to this. Most likely I won't though because with the new album I'm not expecting a good setlist.

DementedX14
08-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Can't wait for this! Glad we have the first show too!

MetalIsArt
08-15-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm so glad I never like In Flames in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also the couple new Opeth tracks aren't what their core fanbase is looking for, so whether it actually ends up being good or not, we're gonna hear about that for a while.

Yeah, but I have the strange feeling Mikael is trolling us and will actually make that brutal death metal album he hinted at in Aardschok magazine, "in the vein of old Napalm Death" :D

MetalIsArt
08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
+1

Have these bands ever toured together? I remember back in the late 1990's when I was first getting into both bands always thinking In Flames was like Opeth-lite ie. a radio friendly version. Too bad their touring togther now that they both suck...come at me bro. :allan:

Well, you like Devin Townsend, so you're not worthy :allan:

Maideneer
08-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Ok screw it I'm going to have the days off I think and an Amtrak round-trip is only $54. Chicago is going on the calendar...you only live once dammit.

DementedX14
08-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Ok screw it I'm going to have the days off I think and an Amtrak round-trip is only $54. Chicago is going on the calendar...you only live once dammit.

Right on man! I am hoping they both play some deep cuts even if it is just one or two songs that is all I need.

Nater
08-15-2014, 05:13 PM
I cant help but be excited for this tour. Opeth are decent but I really like In Flames in their current state and Red Fang is the real shit. If I don't have work that night I'm totally going.

adamclark52
08-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Well, you like Devin Townsend, so you're not worthy :allan:

To be honest I haven't dug a lot of what he's done lately either. A lot hinges on Z2.

Maideneer
08-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Right on man! I am hoping they both play some deep cuts even if it is just one or two songs that is all I need.

Chicago show is now on sale through something called E-Tix. I never heard of it but they sell a lot of shows I guess, so probably no Ticketmaster.

With fees and getting it mailed to me and taxes and bullshit it was like $42. Face value is $28.50 but whatever...don't let it sell out without grabbing your tickets quickly!

MetalIsArt
08-16-2014, 01:41 AM
To be honest I haven't dug a lot of what he's done lately either. A lot hinges on Z2.

We cool. ;)

dredg822
08-16-2014, 06:45 AM
I'd go but my dates really close to Christmas. We'll see what going on I suppose.

es156
08-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Chicago show is now on sale through something called E-Tix. I never heard of it but they sell a lot of shows I guess, so probably no Ticketmaster.

With fees and getting it mailed to me and taxes and bullshit it was like $42. Face value is $28.50 but whatever...don't let it sell out without grabbing your tickets quickly!

There are several venues in the Chicago area that don't use TicketMaster.

I have also been to 2 or 3 venues now that don't give you a ticket at all, they just cross your name off of a list and let you in. MoJoes in Joliet, the Firebird in St. Louis to name a couple.

300%_Density
08-16-2014, 09:39 AM
There are several venues in the Chicago area that don't use TicketMaster.

I have also been to 2 or 3 venues now that don't give you a ticket at all, they just cross your name off of a list and let you in. MoJoes in Joliet, the Firebird in St. Louis to name a couple.

I think you can add Fubar to that list too.

es156
08-16-2014, 09:46 AM
I think you can add Fubar to that list too.

I think you are right. I have only been to Fubar once and I couldn't remember if I got an actual ticket or not. There are also some venues that you will get a ticket if you order in advance but if you do will-call you are just a name on a list. The Bottom Lounge in Chicago does that.

TehBr00tulz
08-16-2014, 10:07 AM
After finals, might go anyway for fun.

300%_Density
08-16-2014, 10:32 AM
I think you are right. I have only been to Fubar once and I couldn't remember if I got an actual ticket or not. There are also some venues that you will get a ticket if you order in advance but if you do will-call you are just a name on a list. The Bottom Lounge in Chicago does that.

I only went once for Eyehategod few months ago. It wasn't TM I used. And they used same cross your name off the list system as well.

DementedX14
08-16-2014, 12:22 PM

Most Chicago metal shows don't sell out. They will be still be selling tickets at the door for this show based on the last time I saw Opeth & Mastodon.

Maideneer
08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Opeth's site has a note under each show. So there's your running order.

"Co-headline Tour with In Flames. Red Fang opens the show while Opeth closes."

Maideneer
11-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Only a few weeks to the Chicago show! Since I can't afford a hotel I'm thinking I might try a hostel out for the first time ever, searching for a good one. Anyone have experience with hostels?

Also, Opeth announced a London, UK show for October 18, 2015 at the Palladium. Must be a big show if they are announcing this far in advance.

TehBr00tulz
11-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Also, Opeth announced a London, UK show for October 18, 2015 at the Palladium. Must be a big show if they are announcing this far in advance.

The theory is that it is going to be a Ghost Reveries 10th anniversary show.