PDA

View Full Version : Russian Circles FREE Show in Chicago Tonight

Natrlhi
08-11-2014, 10:24 AM
One of the side stories from last night's Boris show at Bottom Lounge is that I met up with Mike and Brian from RC and talked about this & that, and one of the things they mentioned to me is that they are playing a free show in Millenium Park at 6:30 PM as part of some recurring thing sponsored by the city. There's info for it online I'm sure, but I'm posting this from my iPhone and I'm too busy / lazy to find a link.

Suffice to say I'm going to be tired as fuck at work tomorrow because I'm definitely taking my wife and all four kids to this bitch (and then driving home for six hours). Again...the lengths I'll go to for awesome metal shows. :D

adamclark52
08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
One of the side stories from last night's Boris show at Bottom Lounge is that I met up with Mike and Brian from RC and talked about this & that, and one of the things they mentioned to me is that they are playing a free show in Millenium Park at 6:30 PM as part of some recurring thing sponsored by the city. There's info for it online I'm sure, but I'm posting this from my iPhone and I'm too busy / lazy to find a link.

Suffice to say I'm going to be tired as fuck at work tomorrow because I'm definitely taking my wife and all four kids to this bitch (and then driving home for six hours). Again...the lengths I'll go to for awesome metal shows. :D

You're taking your kids!?!?!...:party: I can't wait until my boys are old enough to go to concerts with me.

Natrlhi
08-11-2014, 11:29 AM
You're taking your kids!?!?!...:party: I can't wait until my boys are old enough to go to concerts with me.

Damn skippy. :rocker:

Actually, it's mainly because it's in an outdoor, public setting. Otherwise, the only one who's really close to being ready to start going to shows is the oldest (he's turning 8 in two weeks), but I've been plotting for a while now which band to take him to for his first show, and RC has always been at the top of that list. Plus, it's free. It's the perfect opportunity...almost as if the universe is inviting us. :D

Coma323
08-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Millennium Park is awesome, that would be so cool to see RC play there. Enjoy!

Natrlhi
08-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Millennium Park is awesome, that would be so cool to see RC play there. Enjoy!

It is, it was and I certainly did. Setlist and review later. So much awesomeness to describe. :rocker:

ravenheart
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Why did I think you only had two kids?

Natrlhi
08-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Why did I think you only had two kids?

Because up until we had twins, that was the case.

Speaking of which, they just turned two a few weeks ago. Time really flies when you're pulling your hair out from being constantly overwhelmed. :snivel:

EDIT:
I did think of that. I guess giant man make giant babies ;)
You must have forgotten this thread (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20967&highlight=belanna). Speaking of which, maybe I'd better go scrounge up a new photo.